PDA

View Full Version : Which Teams have a realistic chances for reaching the finals

ysizz
01-04-2011, 07:04 PM
East
in no particular order

1)Boston
2)Chicago
3)NewYork
4)Miami
5)Orlando

West
1)La
2)Dallas
3)Spurs
4)Thunders

Looking for feedback from real ball followers not people who only watch espn and think know basketball

I"ll choose Orlando because i think its a balance team from the 1-5 spot with bench players
Your reason and why

Gators123
01-04-2011, 07:05 PM
East-

Boston
Miami
Orlando

West-

Lakers

SteBO
01-04-2011, 07:07 PM
All in order.....

East

1. Boston
2. Miami
3. Orlando

West

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Mavs

D-Leethal
01-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Bos
mia
orl

lal
sas
dal
okc

Swashcuff
01-04-2011, 07:13 PM
East
in no particular order

1)Boston
2)Chicago
3)NewYork
4)Miami
5)Orlando

West
1)La
2)Dallas
3)Spurs
4)Thunders

Looking for feedback from real ball followers not people who only watch espn and think know basketball

I"ll choose Orlando because i think its a balance team from the 1-5 spot with bench players
Your reason and why

In all honesty any casual ball follower would know the team's name isn't Thunders. You shouldn't come into a thread with such a tone if you are going to say stuff like thunders dude.

gatkins11
01-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Bobcats vs. Kings

Finals for the ages.

tangent12
01-04-2011, 07:14 PM
East

1) Boston
2) Chicago
3) Orlando
4) Perhaps New York if they keep it up.

And after those there aren't really any other real threats in the East. No solid teams that have an actual chance to contend.

West

1) Lakers
2) Spurs
3) Mavs

SteBO
In all honesty any casual ball follower would know the team's name isn't Thunders. You shouldn't come into a thread with such a tone if you are going to say stuff like thunders dude.
It's not a big deal

ElMarroAfamado
East
Heat
Heat
Heat

West
Heat
Miami
Heat

SteBO
01-04-2011, 07:15 PM
East

1) Boston
2) Chicago
3) Orlando

And after those there aren't really any other real threats in the East. No solid teams that have an actual chance to contend.

West

1) Lakers
2) Spurs
3) Mavs
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Gators123
01-04-2011, 07:17 PM
East

1) Boston
2) Chicago
3) Orlando

West

1) Lakers
2) Spurs
3) Mavs

:laugh2:

You list Chicago and NY but not the Heat? wow

tangent12
01-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Look at all of the other teams rosters and then compare them to the Heat. Miami doesn't have a solid team compared to all the others. It's sad but true.

goeatfish63
01-04-2011, 07:19 PM
East

1) Boston
2) Miami
3) Orlando

West

1) Lakers
2) Spurs
3) Mavs

FIXED

i dont think this guy watches basketball

Swashcuff
01-04-2011, 07:20 PM
East

1. Miami
2. Boston
3. Orlando

4. Chicago

West

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Mavs

Chicago being the dark horse you never know if they are able to swing a deal at the deadline for a quality starting SG (eg Stephen Jackson) and with Noah coming back they could possibly make a run THIS season. I don't think we should count them out just yet. 1-5 they could potentially have the best line-up in basketball.

clehmun
01-04-2011, 07:21 PM
East = Celtics, Heat
West = Lakers, Spurs

Celtics look like the best team in the NBA, and have everything a championship team has.
Heat will only get better.
Lakers, although playing poorly, can turn it up any second now.
Spurs are too well coached, experienced, talented, to be left off.

Magic still trying to find their identity, and more so after the trade. Guys are in unfamiliar roles.
Mavs, losing Butler hurts their chances. Haywood's inability to play a bench role makes their bigmen depth insignificant.

Swashcuff
01-04-2011, 07:21 PM
East

1) Boston
2) Chicago
3) Orlando

West

1) Lakers
2) Spurs
3) Mavs

I haven't done this in a while but :facepalm: I mean are you being serious?

Storch
01-04-2011, 07:22 PM
It's going to be a BOS vs. LAL this year, again. It really doesn't matter what seed these two veteran teams are, it is tough to beat them in a 7 game series.

ysizz
01-04-2011, 07:24 PM
the reason that the thunders on the is that they have a team that could make it to the finals so its worth considering them

210Don
01-04-2011, 07:24 PM
East = Celtics, Heat
West = Lakers, Spurs

Celtics look like the best team in the NBA, and have everything a championship team has.
Heat will only get better.
Lakers, although playing poorly, can turn it up any second now.
Spurs are too well coached, experienced, talented, to be left off.

Magic still trying to find their identity, and more so after the trade. Guys are in unfamiliar roles.
Mavs, losing Butler hurts their chances. Haywood's inability to play a bench role makes their bigmen depth insignificant.

why would we be left off we have the best record in the league lol
and its prolly gunna be spurs celtics.

Minimal
01-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Look at all of the other teams rosters and then compare them to the Heat. Miami doesn't have a solid team compared to all the others. It's sad but true.
Link (http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/OVER9000.png) if you include Chicago and NY as contenders and no Miami.

Miami's not solid team won 18 of last 19 games (The only game they lost was vs Dallas and it was a 2 point lose), hater.

Flash3
01-04-2011, 07:26 PM
boston, orlando, miami, chicago

LA,dallas,san antonio

Flash3
01-04-2011, 07:27 PM
I haven't done this in a while but :facepalm: I mean are you being serious?

No

clehmun
01-04-2011, 07:32 PM

1. best record don't mean everything especially since it's before ALL-STAR BREAK.

2. i could care less about records. i like the spurs' new offense, while maintaining great defense. TP and ginobili stepping up. BUT having a great record means they can rest TD more later on, i guess that's the plus.

3. a lot of posters left the spurs off, you can ask them why.

SteBO
01-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Remember the Cleveland Cavs bro. Best record means nothing. But u guys are the only team in the West that has a chance against the Lakers.

ManRam
01-04-2011, 07:41 PM
I will be nothing short of shocked if any team but these 6 make it...

Orlando, Boston, Miami...I'd pick Miami as of right now.
LAL, San Antonio, Dallas...I'd pick SA right now.

Chicago is a SG away from maybe contending...right now I wouldn't bet on it. OKC has regressed defensively, and I think they are also a player away...probably a star big man away. Utah is the closest team as is...but still, I couldn't see them doing it.

I actually, after some pondering, don't think Dallas will slip much without Butler. They'll be fine.

Swashcuff
01-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Remember the Cleveland Cavs bro. Best record means nothing. But u guys are the only team in the West that has a chance against the Lakers.

in his defense 33 games into the previous 2 seasons EVERYONE thought the Cavs had a realistic chance of making it to the finals. EVERYONE!!!

ATX
01-04-2011, 07:49 PM
There are three real contenders in each conference who are head and shoulders above the rest, well maybe four in the East with Chicago.

East:
Celts
Heat
Magic

Outside shot: Bulls

West:
Lakers
Spurs
Mavs

Outside shot: Jazz-Thunder

SteBO
01-04-2011, 07:49 PM
in his defense 33 games into the previous 2 seasons EVERYONE thought the Cavs had a realistic chance of making it to the finals. EVERYONE!!!
That's true. I wasn't one of them though. Media overrated their role players. At least with the Spurs, I know what they contribute. Add in the fact that they got Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli, and Tim Duncan, while getting rest, I know the Spurs are a legit threat.

CHANGO
01-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Real Chances?

East:
Celtics
Heat
Magic

West:
Spurs
Lakers
Mavericks

In order...

nolin
01-04-2011, 08:02 PM
east: Bulls, Magic, Celtics,Heat

west: Lakers, Spurs, Mavs

N/M cross them out.

Baller1
01-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Spurs - 65%
Lakers - 20%
OKC, Jazz, & Mavs share the last 15%.

Boston 40%
Heat 40%
Orlando 20%

poleandreel
01-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Why is everyone putting the lakers with the best chance to make it out of the west?

They have severe problems. Im tired of the "we can turn it on when we want too" arguement. No, it doesn't work like that. The lakers had the best record in the west two years in a row. That will not happen this year.

Kobe is old, his defense is getting worse, pau is not a great defender, bynum is injury prone, artest looks like ariza of 05' and their bench isn't playing like the past few years.

You don't lose by double digits (15 or more) in 4 games (which leads the league in decenmber) in one month and expect to be the favorite.

Everyone needs to realize this.

With that said, Miami/Boston vs. Spurs/Mavs/Lakers

210Don
01-04-2011, 08:36 PM

please dont compare the cavs to the spurs...
thats like comparing slava medvedenko to shaq.

Flash3
01-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Why is everyone putting the lakers with the best chance to make it out of the west?

They have severe problems. Im tired of the "we can turn it on when we want too" arguement. No, it doesn't work like that. The lakers had the best record in the west two years in a row. That will not happen this year.

Kobe is old, his defense is getting worse, pau is not a great defender, bynum is injury prone, artest looks like ariza of 05' and their bench isn't playing like the past few years.

You don't lose by double digits (15 or more) in 4 games (which leads the league in decenmber) in one month and expect to be the favorite.

Everyone needs to realize this.

With that said, Miami/Boston vs. Spurs/Mavs/Lakers

i don't want to underestimate the champs like everyone did with the celtics last year.

Flash3
01-04-2011, 08:40 PM

How ? they won 66,61 games past 2 years. calling them medvenko whilst calling the spurs shaq is a bit extreme.

boozdawg
01-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Knicks. Anything is possible when you have Landry Fields on your roster.

ManRam
01-04-2011, 08:42 PM
I still like Dallas' odds. With Tyson, they are now a solid defensive team, and with or without Caron, they're going to score, and score a bunch...

Here's what I said in the Butler thread...

I've jumped on Chronz' "Caron Butler is not as big of a loss as his name might suggest" bandwagon.

Team ranks...

5th in minutes.
9th in PER.
10th in eFG%.
11th in ORtg.
10th in DRtg.
9th in Offensive WS.
6th in Defensive WS.
12th in WS/48 minutes.

Those aren't numbers that indicate he was incredibly valuable to his team's success.

Hell, DeShawn Stevenson was easily far more valuable to him, and now he'll get more minutes. Barea will have to step up and will see a few more minutes. Marion will see more minutes. They'll survive. I don't think this is a big loss...and I think Mr. Cuban will make a move if he needs to.

poleandreel
01-04-2011, 09:02 PM
i don't want to underestimate the champs like everyone did with the celtics last year.

understandable but the celtics were injured. They we like 24-5 in the first half of the year. that shows dominance so them making the finals wasn't so farfethched. however, the lakers are not dominant in any facet of the game this year. they look horrendus

HoopsDrive
01-04-2011, 11:27 PM
East
Celtics
Heat
Magic

West
Lakers
Spurs
Mavs

SteBO
01-05-2011, 12:04 AM
I didn't compare, just giving an example of how record in the end can mean nothing come playoff time.