PDA

View Full Version : Was that a travel on Rindour or not?

Oefarmy2005
01-04-2011, 06:25 PM
I want to settle this debate. Us Wolves fans say it wasn't, the Celtics fans say it was. I just want to know what impartial basketball fans think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFqivpWUFW4

This is what I see. He gets possession at 2:22, takes one step at 2:22.5, takes second step at 2:23 and shoots. They call a travel, and instead of being down 1 on the Celtics side of the court the Wolves have to foul and go down 3 at their own end of the court.

SteBO
01-04-2011, 06:26 PM
It was a travel, not much to talk about.

Rivera
01-04-2011, 06:28 PM
LOL i was watching this game...and if that isnt a travel i dont know what is

and

at the end of the day its a moot point cause ray told luke get that WEAK ISH outta here!!!!!!!!!

Hawkeye15
01-04-2011, 06:29 PM
LOL i was watching this game...and if that isnt a travel i dont know what is

and

at the end of the day its a moot point cause ray told luke get that WEAK ISH outta here!!!!!!!!!

no its not. Ball back with 10 seconds under the basket, instead of having to foul and go down 3. Big difference.
I don't like complaining about the refs, but if that were Paul Pierce who did it, that is not a travel.

ATX
01-04-2011, 06:29 PM
For sure a travel, by the rule book. He took three steps...But like it mattered, Allen sent it back.

m26555
01-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Certainly a travel.

ATX
01-04-2011, 06:32 PM
no its not. Ball back with 10 seconds under the basket, instead of having to foul and go down 3. Big difference.
I don't like complaining about the refs, but if that were Paul Pierce who did it, that is not a travel.

True, I guess Ray sent it into the stands. I was pulling for Minny so hard in that game. Sorry to see them let that one slip away.

Hawkeye15
01-04-2011, 06:34 PM
True, I guess Ray sent it into the stands. I was pulling for Minny so hard in that game. Sorry to see them let that one slip away.
its a trend Wolves fans are getting sick of. We have given up eight double digit leads, and have led with under 2 minutes to go in 13 or our losses. Its so frustrating. We had our chances to put them away last night. That travel was simply icing on the cake. I am not blaming that play in the slightest. Though the refs certainly didn't help in the last 3 minutes, but we shouldn't have been in that position to begin with

thesparky33
01-04-2011, 06:34 PM
For sure a travel, by the rule book. He took three steps...But like it mattered, Allen sent it back.

It would have been a shooting foul... so it really did matter. :)

210Don
01-04-2011, 06:38 PM
it was a travel but who cares he missed the shot anways doesnt matter loss either way

Raps18-19 Champ
01-04-2011, 06:39 PM
It's because as soon as he received the ball, his left foot was just about to go down. So their counted it as a step.

Hawkeye15
01-04-2011, 06:40 PM
to anyone who didn't watch the game, if they let that go, and Ray blocks it, its Wolves ball with 10 seconds, down by 1. That is a HUGE difference when you now see that the Wolves have to foul, and have less time down by 3 now.

So to those who are saying, "who cares, it was blocked, game over", you are incorrect.

Hawkeye15
01-04-2011, 06:41 PM
again, I ask, would LeBron, or Pierce have been called for that? Hell no

Corey
01-04-2011, 06:42 PM
That's **** for reasoning, Hawkeye.

By the rulebook, it was a travel.

Jonathan2323
01-04-2011, 06:43 PM

Yes they would have that was a clear travel.

mttwlsn16
01-04-2011, 06:44 PM
It was, but if that were Rondo, DRose, Lebron, anyone else, it wouldnt be called. So I say no it wasnt a travel. Wolves got screwed here...sorry I know how it feels (Clipper fan)

mttwlsn16
01-04-2011, 06:44 PM

Hawk before I even saw your post I posted the same thing. It was a travel but no way a guy like Lebron or anyone would get called on that

SteBO
01-04-2011, 06:46 PM
It was, but if that were Rondo, DRose, Lebron, anyone else, it wouldnt be called. So I say no it wasnt a travel. Wolves got screwed here...sorry I know how it feels (Clipper fan)
Even if the refs don't call it, it's still a travel and it just means they got away with it. THis doesn't excuse the fact that Ridnour did indeed travel. It's obvious on the replay.

mttwlsn16
[QUOTE]
its a trend Wolves fans are getting sick of. We have given up eight double digit leads, and have led with under 2 minutes to go in 13 or our losses. Its so frustrating. We had our chances to put them away last night. That travel was simply icing on the cake. I am not blaming that play in the slightest. Though the refs certainly didn't help in the last 3 minutes, but we shouldn't have been in that position to begin with

sounds ditto to my clippers lol.
also Hawk thanks for fixing a lot in the Clipper forums we appreciate it

Hawkeye15
That's **** for reasoning, Hawkeye.

By the rulebook, it was a travel.

doesn't change the fact. And really, like I said, it shouldn't have come down to that. But please don't tell me Pierce would have been called for that man. Not in a 12 second game.
Please don't think I am blaming the loss on that call btw.

tangent12
01-04-2011, 06:47 PM
I honestly don't see it. It doesn't seem like a travel to me.

Corey
01-04-2011, 06:50 PM
doesn't change the fact. And really, like I said, it shouldn't have come down to that. But please don't tell me Pierce would have been called for that man. Not in a 12 second game.
I know better than to say you're blaming the loss on it, but it DOES sound like it.

Superstars get preferential calls all the time. It's no surprise. Kevin Love even gets them. It's part of the game.

Whether or not Lebron would have got called for that move or not is completely irrelevant. Ridnour caught the ball and took three steps. It was a mental error, and he got called for it. Unfortunately, it came at a vital part of the game, and gave the C's the W.

It was the right call, whether anyone likes it or not.

Rivera
01-04-2011, 06:50 PM
to anyone who didn't watch the game, if they let that go, and Ray blocks it, its Wolves ball with 10 seconds, down by 1. That is a HUGE difference when you now see that the Wolves have to foul, and have less time down by 3 now.

So to those who are saying, "who cares, it was blocked, game over", you are incorrect.

i know the wolves woulda had the ball back with 10 sec left...but it was funny as heck to see ray swat that ish like if he was dwight

and if ur excuse is if thats lebron if thats pierce if thats wade if thats durant they wouldnt get the travel called on...than thats a bad excuse or reasoning...ur better than that hawkeye...superstars will always get superstar calls thats just the NBA

SteBO
01-04-2011, 06:53 PM
I know better than to say you're blaming the loss on it, but it DOES sound like it.

Superstars get preferential calls all the time. It's no surprise. Kevin Love even gets them. It's part of the game.

Whether or not Lebron would have got called for that move or not is completely irrelevant. Ridnour caught the ball and took three steps. It was a mental error, and he got called for it. Unfortunately, it came at a vital part of the game, and gave the C's the W.

This. Bringing up superstars and putting them in the same situation has nothing to do with the simple fact that Ridnour did in fact, by the rules, take three steps and traveled. Even so, it shouldn't have ended like that. Hawkeye15 touched on it earlier, the Wolves had the lead and they were playing well. They just got lazy on both ends and you know the rest.

Hawkeye15
01-04-2011, 06:54 PM

yep. Love got away with being fouled early in the game, and it was a complete BS call. I agree, but I am simply saying the timing was a bummer. But I have seen countless times stars get away with it regularly in crunch time. Just the way it is. Is it relevant? nope. But its true regardless. Stars get calls. Role players don't.

Rivera
01-04-2011, 06:56 PM
the wolves are missing a go to guy in the 4th...a reliable option down the strech....what really killed you guys is that love was what 3 for 11 shooting in the 4th quarter....he makes one or two extra of those shots wolves win the game

simple as that

Hawkeye15
01-04-2011, 06:56 PM
i know the wolves woulda had the ball back with 10 sec left...but it was funny as heck to see ray swat that ish like if he was dwight

and if ur excuse is if thats lebron if thats pierce if thats wade if thats durant they wouldnt get the travel called on...than thats a bad excuse or reasoning...ur better than that hawkeye...superstars will always get superstar calls thats just the NBA

I am not making an excuse. Only an observation from many years of watching basketball. I wasn't happy with the call because I didn't think it was a travel at the time. But after I looked into it further, I can see he caught it just before the left foot came down, so the refs must have counted that as a step.
Stating that LeBron or Pierce isn't getting called for that isn't an excuse, its just part of the game.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-04-2011, 06:58 PM
It was still a travel.

Wheather it would have been called or not is a different story.

So even if someone like Pierce or Lebron did get away with it, they still travelled.

Rivera
01-04-2011, 06:58 PM
I am not making an excuse. Only an observation from many years of watching basketball. I wasn't happy with the call because I didn't think it was a travel at the time. But after I looked into it further, I can see he caught it just before the left foot came down, so the refs must have counted that as a step.
Stating that LeBron or Pierce isn't getting called for that isn't an excuse, its just part of the game.

it does suck cause most really good players would never get a travel call with 10 seconds left in a game......

but luke ridinour i guess isnt a really good NBA player

Hawkeye15
01-04-2011, 06:59 PM
it does suck cause most really good players would never get a travel call with 10 seconds left in a game......

but luke ridinour i guess isnt a really good NBA player

He isn't good enough to let that one go, nope.

COBY KARL
01-04-2011, 07:04 PM
yes it was a travel by the book's rule, but then again you always see players take the same amount of steps on a fastbreak or on a dive, so i don't think the refs should've called it because they aren't being consistent.

but then again Ridnour didn't take it up strong and got blocked by a 35 yr old shooter.

tr3ymill3r
01-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Yes, that was a traveling violation. Nobody other than LeBron or Kobe are allowed 0 dribbles from the 3 point line to the rim. ESPN broke it down in slow motion with the above the backboard camera. He catches the ball while on his right foot, then goes left, right, left for a right handed lay-up. Now I'm no math major but I did take statistics and left, right, left = 3 steps.

WHODAT8o8
01-04-2011, 07:22 PM
doesn't matter. Ray blocked it. Celtics won, T-wolves lost. Move on.. It's not like it was the deciding factor of the NBA Finals game 7.

Hustlenomics
01-04-2011, 07:27 PM
great call by the refs , the T Wolves just need a all star to go to in the 4th quarter

TheWatcher34
01-04-2011, 07:31 PM

ridnour took three steps. Pirce would have taken two steps clearly and would have hammered it down in the face of two defenders ;) (with an and-1 of course)

the Wolves' loss was unlucky...partly also becsue of that unfortunately timed time-out call by Rambis.... :D

Hawkeye15
01-04-2011, 08:54 PM
don't get me started on that timeout call by Rambis......

NokomisLiving
01-04-2011, 09:12 PM
At first I didn't think it was and I was pissed, but after they showed the replay I was even more pissed at Ridnour. He walked his way to the rim. That timeout was horrible, and it was just an all around horrible 4th quarter minus Beasley.

cargobox
01-04-2011, 09:14 PM

you live in Connecticut, it's nice to see a clipper fan there

ManRam
01-04-2011, 09:17 PM
It's a travel. The problem is, there are probably, no exaggeration, 20-25 travels a game, if not more. It sucks that the one they call that night is the one at the end of the game.

jetsfan28
01-04-2011, 09:17 PM
LOL at LBJ not getting called. Crab dribble anyone?

sargon21
01-04-2011, 09:29 PM
it's a travel, but you don't make the call in that situation

NokomisLiving
01-04-2011, 09:31 PM
it's a travel, but you don't make the call in that situation

Yeah but it's hard not to when he started taking steps by the free throw line. :(

Amare1
01-04-2011, 09:32 PM
blatantly a travel

29$JerZ
01-04-2011, 09:35 PM

It's a travel but your right, stars get away with that constantly.
You rarely see LeBron or Kobe not dribbling the ball when getting it then take 2 steps extra to lay it up or dunk and get called for travelling. Ridnour is just a victim of not being a star.

effen5
01-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Thats clearly a travel

KmB728
01-04-2011, 09:54 PM
I was at the game, he mine as well have taken a ****ing bus to the basket.

How is this even up for discussion?

Kashmir13579
01-04-2011, 10:15 PM

he took 3 steps without a dribble. its Luke Ridnour bro not lebron, kobe, or pierce.

Kashmir13579
01-04-2011, 10:16 PM
don't get me started on that timeout call by Rambis......

this... Wesley Johnson wide open. Love was pissed.

robdizzle3
01-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Naw, it wasnt a travel... Im guessing they called that frst one when he got the ball, but the usually dont call it.. Im actually shocked they did.... There's been worse.. And it would've mattered, becaue the ball went out of bounds, so it would've been Wolves ball.

ClayMatthews
01-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Obviously the three steps gives it away.. Travel.

daleja424
01-04-2011, 10:19 PM
yes it was a travel by the book. Maybe it is an iffy call to make, especially in that situation, BUT it was technically a travel, so its tough to complain.

mttwlsn16
01-04-2011, 10:30 PM
you live in Connecticut, it's nice to see a clipper fan there

yes sir, im on almost every game thread. feel free to join sometime. theres a lot of good guys on there

WizFan3
01-04-2011, 10:37 PM
wow y is this even a question

avrpatsfan
01-04-2011, 10:38 PM
It was a clear travel no question. He took 3 steps.

And I hate the argument that you can't make that call in that situation. You can because the refs job is to make the calls based on the NBA rule book. The rules don't change in the last minute of the game.

Geargo Wallace
01-04-2011, 10:44 PM
when i saw it on the highlights this morning i didnt see it, but it looks like he took at least 2.5 steps on a second look.

ThunderZubb
01-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Dont worry it's luke so it's a travel. I bet you if that was Lebron, wade, kobe than no way thats a travel. Nba is so corrupt it makes me sick.

Rego247
01-04-2011, 11:02 PM
yup it was travel. he basically took 2.5 steps.

it appeared pretty blatant too.

Mplsman
01-04-2011, 11:03 PM
It pisses me off once again, but yes he traveled.

KmB728
01-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Honestly im still baffled at why this is being discussed... it would have been called on ANYONE. I cant be the only person who see's him take 3 giant steps from the foul line :laugh:

ryguy2k7
01-04-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm a die-hard Wolves fan...and it was definitely a travel. Three steps is ridiculous. I don't blame the officials on that one...I blame Ridnour for traveling like a moron. All he needed to do was put the ball down for one dribble and draw a foul on Allen.

Poor ending to a good game.

DFROZE#1
01-04-2011, 11:36 PM

It would not have taken lebron or pierce 3 steps to get to the rim

FadeAwayLikeMJ
01-04-2011, 11:59 PM
5 pages?? Really??

Oefarmy2005
01-05-2011, 01:05 AM
Haha, I got 5 pages on my ****** thread. Seriously, I question whether it's a travel on the replay because it's hard to tell when he has posession of the ball, but that's us looking at it in slow motion 10 times, I still don't see how the refs call that in game. They don't see some of the other obvious fouls but they see the 2.5 steps Rindour took.

jetsfan28
01-05-2011, 01:08 AM
Haha, I got 5 pages on my ****** thread. Seriously, I question whether it's a travel on the replay because it's hard to tell when he has posession of the ball, but that's us looking at it in slow motion 10 times, I still don't see how the refs call that in game. They don't see some of the other obvious fouls but they see the 2.5 steps Rindour took.

Sure they do, because he took over 2 steps in a wide open lane. Anyone who has played on any level knows there are certain things you can get away with and certain things you can't. No way a ref missed a travel in a lane with a clear line of sight like that.

Oefarmy2005
01-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Sure they do, because he took over 2 steps in a wide open lane. Anyone who has played on any level knows there are certain things you can get away with and certain things you can't. No way a ref missed a travel in a lane with a clear line of sight like that.

I don't see it man, he takes 2 steps. He gets the ball and shoots on the second step. If you played basketball on any level you would know that you can take 2 steps. You can argue more, but there is no way you can call something like that in game.

Geargo Wallace
01-05-2011, 01:18 AM
I don't see it man, he takes 2 steps. He gets the ball and shoots on the second step. If you played basketball on any level you would know that you can take 2 steps. You can argue more, but there is no way you can call something like that in game.

ya ur right and everyone else on PSD needs new glasses.

jetsfan28
01-05-2011, 01:21 AM

No, he takes more than two steps. The left foot planting after the catch does count as a step, and that is a travel. That is really as easy of a call as you'll see in the NBA.

Geargo Wallace
01-05-2011, 01:31 AM
this is the biggest conspiracy since the tuck game!!!

Oefarmy2005
01-05-2011, 01:37 AM
No, he takes more than two steps. The left foot planting after the catch does count as a step, and that is a travel. That is really as easy of a call as you'll see in the NBA.

I personally see the foot already planted as he catches the ball, but obviously I am wrong. Either way, it's done. The majority says it's a travel, than it's a travel. We still got screwed on ten other calls or no calls.

JJ81
01-05-2011, 01:49 AM
A travel was called on that but no call on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-pFZcJ-sP4

Hustlenomics
01-05-2011, 01:53 AM
I'm scared for the future of the NBA if this isn't a travel

*looks at sig* lol laker fan trying to stir up trouble

tr3ymill3r
01-05-2011, 01:54 AM
He catches on his right foot while taking a step. It's left, right, left then he lays it up(traveling) shouldn't really have gotten this far considering Ray Allen blocked it into the first row anyways, wasn't as if he made the layup.

Lim
01-05-2011, 07:56 AM
it looks really close imo. i wouldnt call that in that situation, id just let them play.

bholly
01-05-2011, 08:07 AM
I personally see the foot already planted as he catches the ball, but obviously I am wrong. Either way, it's done. The majority says it's a travel, than it's a travel. We still got screwed on ten other calls or no calls.

Section XIV-Traveling
a. A player who receives the ball while standing still may pivot, using either foot as the pivot foot.
b. A player who receives the ball while he is progressing or upon completion of a dribble, may use a two-count rhythm in coming to a stop, passing or shooting the ball.
The first count occurs:
(1) As he receives the ball, if either foot is touching the floor at the time he receives it.
(2) As the foot touches the floor, or as both feet touch the floor simultane- ously after he receives the ball, if both feet are off the floor when he receives it.
The second occurs:
(1) After the count of one when either foot touches the floor, or both feet touch the floor simultaneously.
c. A player who comes to a stop on the count of one may pivot, using either foot as the pivot foot.
d. A player who comes to a stop on the count of two, with one foot in advance of the other, may pivot using only the rear foot as the pivot foot.
e. A player who comes to a stop on the count of two, with neither foot in advance of the other, may use either foot as the pivot foot.
f. In starting a dribble after (1) receiving the ball while standing still, or (2) coming to a legal stop, the ball must be out of the player's hand before the pivot foot is raised off the floor.
g. If a player, with the ball in his possession, raises his pivot foot off the floor, he must pass or shoot before his pivot foot returns to the floor. If he drops the ball while in the air, he may not be the first to touch the ball.
h. A player who falls to the floor while holding the ball, or while coming to a stop, may not gain an advantage by sliding.
i. A player who attempts a field goal may not be the first to touch the ball if it fails to touch the backboard, basket ring or another player.
PENALTY: Loss of ball. The ball is awarded to the opposing team at the sideline, nearest spot of the violation but no nearer the baseline than the foul line extended.
Source: NBA Rulebook (http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_10.html)

Even if you're right that he already has his foot on the floor when he catches the ball, that still counts as his first step. It's a travel.

bholly
01-05-2011, 08:08 AM
Also, his surname is 'Ridnour', not 'Rindour' like you keep writing.

Niro
01-05-2011, 08:25 AM
i didnt even had to watch replay you could see from the normal tv view that he traveled

lebron and pierce would have been called for that too because it was so obvious

3 steps=travel

edit:

BUT then agaain i also remember lou amoundson doing the same obvious travel on a fastbreak and it wasnt called
i guess it was also due to the importance of the play and they wouldnt call travel in the second quarter

rhymeratic
01-05-2011, 08:47 AM
If it was Lebron/Wade, that's not a travel.

When you're a scrub like Ridnour... TRAVEL!

Double-standard but it is what it is.

dodie53
01-05-2011, 11:33 AM
travel.

Oefarmy2005
01-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Even if you're right that he already has his foot on the floor when he catches the ball, that still counts as his first step. It's a travel.

Yeah thanks, I couldn't find that on my own if I wanted. That rule doesn't make sense. If you have two feet planted you get 2 steps, but if you are on one foot on the reception that counts as a step. How is that logical?

Super.
01-05-2011, 02:12 PM
What's the rule on Traveling Hawkeye?

sep11ie
01-05-2011, 02:22 PM
It was a travel, but whats it matter, that ho got swatted anyways...

ChiSox219
01-05-2011, 02:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS11fn4B7ck

Hawkeye15
01-05-2011, 02:38 PM

pretty much exactly what I am saying. Is it a travel on Ridnour? Yep. Would KG have gotten away with it? Obviously. Just the day to day inconsistency of NBA refs. Nothing new

NickyNick
01-05-2011, 02:38 PM

very poor excuse, anyone would of got called for a blatant travel like that...your just a homer

Hawkeye15
01-05-2011, 02:41 PM
What's the rule on Traveling Hawkeye?

in the NBA, it depends who you are. That is why I find it comical that so many here are listing the rule out of the rule book. Um, a 5th grader knows what a travel is. The point is, in the NBA, they let it go many times on certain players, and not for others.
Again, I am not whining about it. That isn't what cost the Wolves the game. If the Wolves had been playing really well down the stretch, and that happened, I would be upset with the call. But they had their chances to put away that team and didn't. Tough.
Please don't show the written traveling rule anyone. Because you know damn well it only applies to non stars.

Hawkeye15
01-05-2011, 02:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS11fn4B7ck

bingo

Hawkeye15
01-05-2011, 02:44 PM
very poor excuse, anyone would of got called for a blatant travel like that...your just a homer

check out the link JJ or Chisox provided homie.
And it wasn't an excuse, just a fact. Blatant travels are let go if you sell jersey's.

NickyNick
01-05-2011, 02:45 PM
check out the link JJ or Chisox provided homie.
And it wasn't an excuse, just a fact. Blatant travels are let go if you sell jersey's.

oh you mean that one where it was in the 2nd quarter?

ElMarroAfamado
01-05-2011, 02:50 PM
has anyone noticed the fans of teams who are doing good are all HATABLE?
anyway...this was a travel but lebron james has busted this move how many times and it wasnt called? poor Luke

bHlTaOsWtNin
01-05-2011, 02:51 PM
bingo

+1

The story of us teams with no "superstars"

Hawkeye15
01-05-2011, 03:23 PM
oh you mean that one where it was in the 2nd quarter?

why does the time matter? You said it yourself, its a travel. Same hold true here. Can't flip and flop, let the refs do that

Hawkeye15
01-05-2011, 03:25 PM
by the way, I will be the first to admit Love gets away with traveling 3 times a game underneath. By no means am I in here defending my Wolves player. I am simply saying I doubt in a 10 seconds left, down by 1 situation, a star gets called for that

nolin
01-05-2011, 03:40 PM
I want to settle this debate. Us Wolves fans say it wasn't, the Celtics fans say it was. I just want to know what impartial basketball fans think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFqivpWUFW4

This is what I see. He gets possession at 2:22, takes one step at 2:22.5, takes second step at 2:23 and shoots. They call a travel, and instead of being down 1 on the Celtics side of the court the Wolves have to foul and go down 3 at their own end of the court.

looks like 3 steps to me. they call that a travel.

thekmp211
01-05-2011, 03:44 PM
3 steps, but this 2 steps plus the jump business has pretty much been the nba standard for as long as i can remember. change the rule?

swinjas
01-05-2011, 04:01 PM
nowp , he did 3 steps but i thought 3 steps is possible if going for a dunk ... but we can't see the result becouse he was blocked ...

Oefarmy2005
01-05-2011, 07:40 PM
That's what I am saying. Everybody does it, but Ridnour gets called on the go ahead play. As I've said before, the block went out of bounds, so the Wolves would have gotten it back being 1 down with 11 seconds on the clock.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
01-05-2011, 07:51 PM

hahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha

who misses such an obvious call??? :facepalm:

NOT JOE CRAWFORD!

BALLER R
01-05-2011, 08:05 PM
even if it wasnt a travel ray got that garbage outta here....so it doesnt matter

Hawkeye15
01-05-2011, 08:07 PM
even if it wasnt a travel ray got that garbage outta here....so it doesnt matter

having the ball out of bounds down 1 with 11 seconds, versus having to foul and get it back down 3 with 7 seconds to go doesn't make a difference???????

roughgarden
01-05-2011, 08:19 PM
whats the point of you keep talking about it? wolves got the loss there not going to reverse the call now

Hawkeye15
01-05-2011, 08:21 PM
whats the point of you keep talking about it? wolves got the loss there not going to reverse the call now

just pointing out the inconsistency of the NBA refs when it comes to stars versus non stars. I wouldn't expect a single Celtics fan to care about this issue, they got the win. He could have taken a 1/2 step, and if he was called for travel, they would be fine with it.

Corey
01-05-2011, 08:25 PM
just pointing out the inconsistency of the NBA refs when it comes to stars versus non stars. I wouldn't expect a single Celtics fan to care about this issue, they got the win. He could have taken a 1/2 step, and if he was called for travel, they would be fine with it.

I don't see how you can call it an inconsistency when you have nothing from the same game to compare it to.

It's not as if Pierce did the same thing 1 minute earlier and they didn't blow the whistle. THAT would be an inconsistency.

ThornMo
01-05-2011, 08:31 PM
unless you're an all-star then its a travel.

Hawkeye15
01-05-2011, 08:39 PM
I don't see how you can call it an inconsistency when you have nothing from the same game to compare it to.

It's not as if Pierce did the same thing 1 minute earlier and they didn't blow the whistle. THAT would be an inconsistency.

24 years of watching the NBA man. I am not speaking of in game inconsistencies. I am speaking of league wide inconsistencies.

THE WALL
01-05-2011, 08:41 PM
2:04 ...worst timoeout I've ever seen. lol

bholly
01-05-2011, 08:47 PM
in the NBA, it depends who you are. That is why I find it comical that so many here are listing the rule out of the rule book. Um, a 5th grader knows what a travel is. The point is, in the NBA, they let it go many times on certain players, and not for others.
Again, I am not whining about it. That isn't what cost the Wolves the game. If the Wolves had been playing really well down the stretch, and that happened, I would be upset with the call. But they had their chances to put away that team and didn't. Tough.
Please don't show the written traveling rule anyone. Because you know damn well it only applies to non stars.

I posted the rule because the OP apparently wasn't familiar with it. Try reading his posts (which I was directly replying to) before you criticize me, rather than just assuming the whole thread is about your part of the argument.

tr3ymill3r
01-05-2011, 08:53 PM
left, right, left...3 days later and it's still traveling.

Kyben36
01-05-2011, 08:56 PM
It was too close for my eyes on the normal replay, but he did have it for 3 steps, I think it was a travel, but a star would ahve gotten away with it.

KmB728
01-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Are we watching the same replay? You could speed this thing up 10 times and its still an easy call.

Hawkeye15
01-05-2011, 09:08 PM
I posted the rule because the OP apparently wasn't familiar with it. Try reading his posts (which I was directly replying to) before you criticize me, rather than just assuming the whole thread is about your part of the argument.

there is no need to post the rule though man. Everybody knows the definition of travel. However, as the NBA has proved over the past 30 years, the rule is up to the refs to decide, and historical evidence will point to stars getting the call in that scenario.

I don't assume dude. What's the point?

Hawkeye15
01-05-2011, 09:09 PM
the only way you can shut up fans on this subject is for the NBA to call a travel when its a travel, regardless of the name on the back of the jersey. College refs can do it. Why can't NBA?

Hustlenomics
01-05-2011, 09:12 PM
can't believe there's 19 people walking around thinking 3 steps isn't a travel :laugh2:

Vincent33
01-05-2011, 09:19 PM
the only way you can shut up fans on this subject is for the NBA to call a travel when its a travel, regardless of the name on the back of the jersey. College refs can do it. Why can't NBA?

If someone like Lebron caught the ball where Ridnour caught it, he could get to the rim in two steps, Ridnour simply can't. Plus the refs make the calls on the stars when its obvious most of the time. How about Dwight Howard getting called for that 10sec violation at the free throw line, that's never called.

ChiSox219
01-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Semi-OT but I didn't know the T'Wolves had a black uniform, I like it. :clap:

bholly
01-05-2011, 09:24 PM
there is no need to post the rule though man. Everybody knows the definition of travel. However, as the NBA has proved over the past 30 years, the rule is up to the refs to decide, and historical evidence will point to stars getting the call in that scenario.

I don't assume dude. What's the point?

I know that's your argument, but read the OP's posts - he clearly thought that the foot was down when the ball was received, and that that therefore didn't count as a step. The entire argument of the original post is that, technically speaking, it wasn't a travel. I posted the rules to let him know that wasn't the case.
Your statement that "everybody knows the definition of travel" is evidently incorrect. See the poll for further evidence.

You and I know it's clearly a travel, but we're not the only ones here - other people don't know it, so I was helping them out.

Hawkeye15
01-05-2011, 09:28 PM
I know that's your argument, but read the OP's posts - he clearly thought that the foot was down when the ball was received, and that that therefore didn't count as a step. The entire argument of the original post is that, technically speaking, it wasn't a travel. I posted the rules to let him know that wasn't the case.
Your statement that "everybody knows the definition of travel" is evidently incorrect. See the poll for further evidence.

You and I know it's clearly a travel, but we're not the only ones here - other people don't know it, so I was helping them out.

oh its a clear travel. I just continued to point out that the same call is left uncalled for certain players in that situation. Nothing more, nothing less

dude, stop following PSD polls haha.

Hustlenomics
01-05-2011, 09:30 PM
If someone like Lebron caught the ball where Ridnour caught it, he could get to the rim in two steps, Ridnour simply can't. Plus the refs make the calls on the stars when its obvious most of the time. How about Dwight Howard getting called for that 10sec violation at the free throw line, that's never called.

LeBron would have got it in 2 steps and dunked it

beasted86
01-05-2011, 09:34 PM
LeBron would have got it in 2 steps and dunked it

:cool: