PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to stop the Celtics big men?

boozdawg
01-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Seriously. KG, Shaq, Perkins, JO. Who is going to stop them? Their interior defense will be by far the best, KG and Shaq will absolutely dominate with post while Allen and Pierce drop dimes and Rondo giving beautiful passes.

Who can beat them? The Lakers have good size when Bynum is healthy, but I still think the Celtics are too much. Shaq, Perkins, and JO will probably be able to handle Dwight while KG tears apart Bass. The Heat will have no chance against them.

Who will stop them?

Hustlenomics
injuries is the only thing

xabial
Age?

boozdawg
01-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Age?

When you have that much depth, age isn't as much of an issue.

cargobox
01-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Landry Fields with 7 rebounds per game

king4day
01-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Good thing opposing teams aren't forced to score inside.
Good coaching will find ways around them. Miami doesn't have good big men outside of Bosh but they do have Damp and Howard who are capable of putting on pressure.

Orlando having Howard is enough to turn the argument around. Bass is very talented. You can't have KG, Shaq, Perkins, and JO in the game at the same time. Dwight can cause foul trouble for Boston.

They'll be very tough to beat but their big men aren't unstoppable.

Pick and Roll D, foul trouble, and injuries can all become problems depending on the matchups.

Ty Fast
01-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Seriously. KG, Shaq, Perkins, JO. Who is going to stop them? Their interior defense will be by far the best, KG and Shaq will absolutely dominate with post while Allen and Pierce drop dimes and Rondo giving beautiful passes.

Who can beat them? The Lakers have good size when Bynum is healthy, but I still think the Celtics are too much. Shaq, Perkins, and JO will probably be able to handle Dwight while KG tears apart Bass. The Heat will have no chance against them.

Who will stop them?

kg's bad knees

xabial
01-04-2011, 05:24 PM
thats depth.

Geargo Wallace
01-04-2011, 05:26 PM
I think its just Rondo tossing dimes.

Hawkeye15
01-04-2011, 05:28 PM
father time basically. Perk hasn't played yet, KG is hurt now, Shaq can't jump over a half inch, etc, etc. They have tons of depth to just keep throwing big men out there, but they don't have any dominant ones unless KG is 100%

Hustlenomics
01-04-2011, 05:29 PM
I think its just Rondo tossing dimes.

he makes it look so easy

SB1
Good thing opposing teams aren't forced to score inside.
Good coaching will find ways around them. Miami doesn't have good big men outside of Bosh but they do have Damp and Howard who are capable of putting on pressure.

Orlando having Howard is enough to turn the argument around. Bass is very talented. You can't have KG, Shaq, Perkins, and JO in the game at the same time. Dwight can cause foul trouble for Boston.

They'll be very tough to beat but their big men aren't unstoppable.

Pick and Roll D, foul trouble, and injuries can all become problems depending on the matchups.

I Agree

boozdawg
Landry Fields with 7 rebounds per game

Landry Fields just might be the greatest player to ever grace the NBA with his presence.

Valkyrie
01-04-2011, 05:32 PM
JO is the same guy who had the worst playoff series ever for a player last season... just saying. He is a good shot blocker but he's going to piss off Celtic fans come playoff time. He shot like 14 % for us in the playoffs

llemon
01-04-2011, 05:33 PM
The Celts bigmen

Rivera
01-04-2011, 05:48 PM
DWIGHT HOWARD FTW!!!!! :clap: :rock: :whistle:

Minimal
01-04-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm only worried about Kendrick Perkins, that's all.

Minimal
01-04-2011, 05:51 PM
And Jamaal Magloire gonna make an omelet out of them.

Basketash
01-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Injuries, Age, and the fact they can't all play at the same time xD

Flash3
01-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Age?

injuries is the only thing

^^

boozdawg
01-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Please, the Heat stand no chance against the Celtics bigs. What is Bosh going to do against KG? And they don't have quite enough depth to deal with the Celtics big men. I just feel the interior defense of KG and whoever you throw in at C will give LeBron and Wade problems driving in the lane. They would become more jump shooters.

SeekTheTruth
01-04-2011, 05:59 PM
to the guy that said d12 will cause foul trouble for the celts, its really just the opposite with this many legit bigs dwight is gonna need to be the one watching his fouls esp now that gortat is gone,

As for JO, he wont have an oppurtunity to have an impact on the celts if he isnt feeling it offensively, this is not the heat team that was starved for legitmate scoring options. He is here purely for defvensive purposes,

For the OP i dont think there is anyone that can match up with our bigs, and its pretty evident and was before the season that kg, shaq, jo, baby and perk would be and are the best collecton of bigs in the association.

And to everyone else your right, there championship hopes ride purely on kgs knee's and keeping rondo healthy. Age and injuries is the biggest hurdle for them this season in my opinion

Storch
01-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Their achilles heel may be the athleticism of other teams such as MIA

SteBO
01-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Please, the Heat stand no chance against the Celtics bigs. What is Bosh going to do against KG? And they don't have quite enough depth to deal with the Celtics big men. I just feel the interior defense of KG and whoever you throw in at C will give LeBron and Wade problems driving in the lane. They would become more jump shooters.
The Heat can combat that with speed and quickness. You have to use your advantages, that's how series' are won.

Hawkeye15
01-04-2011, 06:08 PM

The Celtics wings will be heavily outplayed though. It will come down to who is healthier and more effective come May.

210Don
01-04-2011, 06:12 PM
age will probably stop them also
tim duncan
mcdyess
tiago splitter