PDA

View Full Version : Perkins Believes Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Wasn't Injured

Hustlenomics
01-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Kendrick Perkins believes the Celtics would be defending an NBA title right now if he didn't injure his right knee in Game 6 of the Finals nearly six months ago.

Instead, the Lakers won two straight to take the championship in seven games.

Perkins went down in the early moments of Game 6 and was forced to miss Game 7.

"For sure," the center said, "we would have won the championship."

Perkins is still recovering from the injury, but hopes to return to the court sometime in February.

Despite a myriad of injuries, Boston has been able to maintain the best record in the Eastern Conference.

"In seven games I don't think we can be beat by any team," Perkins said. "Too deep. Too much experience. Too many hard-working guys. Too many guys that have a chip on their shoulder."

There is a lot riding on Perkins return. In addition to Boston's title hopes, he's in the final year of his contract and figures to draw interest from multiple teams.

"I will show that I'm back and there are no issues with my knee," said Perkins. "I will have a bright future as far as free agency. We will see how this season turns out and how it goes from there.

"I want to be with the Celtics, but I got to think about my future."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Al2ETmPA6PaE5cSk._yVape8vLYF?slug=mc-perkinsceltics010311

I agree with him

Mochalman
01-04-2011, 04:22 PM
pretty sure thats what everyone thinks

m26555
01-04-2011, 04:24 PM
He's right. A lack of rebounding was what killed Boston in game seven. His presence would have been huge.

29$JerZ
01-04-2011, 04:24 PM
He mad

Arena Football
01-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Breaking News: Everyone probably agrees.

boozdawg
01-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Shows you how scary the Celtics will be with an improved Rondo and Shaq and JO on the team...

ManRam
01-04-2011, 04:28 PM
I agree...but who cares? Get healthy, and get 'em this year.

still1ballin
01-04-2011, 04:28 PM
And the Lakers would of won the championship in 2008 had Ariza and Bynum healthy.
( two of their starting line up players )

Hustlenomics
01-04-2011, 04:29 PM
And the Lakers would of won the championship in 2008 had Ariza and Bynum healthy.

yes they would have stopped a 40 point blowout in game 6

Teeboy1487

This.

Mochalman
also, if hes still thinking about this game then he isnt in the right mentality to win this year

xabial
01-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Breaking News: Everyone probably agrees.

lmao

m26555
01-04-2011, 04:30 PM
No they wouldn't have.

m26555
01-04-2011, 04:31 PM
also, if hes still thinking about this game then he isnt in the right mentality to win this year
Read his answer again.

Seems to me he was asked the question rather than him "still thinking" about it.

Also, there is nothing wrong with thinking about that game, anyway. He can go on to win four or five more titles and he'll still remember missing that one game for the rest of his life.

Flash3
01-04-2011, 04:32 PM

more like they lose by 7 instead of 30 + in game six.

ManRam
01-04-2011, 04:32 PM

Ariza and Bynum weren't the players they are now in 2008. Ariza didn't really break out until later on in the 2008-2009 season, mainly the playoffs.

And the "if Bynum was healthy argument" is no longer an argument. You can't count on that any more.

arkanian215
01-04-2011, 04:33 PM
He can think whatever he wants. It doesn't change anything. They lost.

DaBUU
01-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Cool story Perk :yawn:

8kobe24
01-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Kendrick Perkins believes the Celtics would be defending an NBA title right now if he didn't injure his right knee in Game 6 of the Finals nearly six months ago.

Perkins is still recovering from the injury, but hopes to return to the court sometime in February.

Despite a myriad of injuries, Boston has been able to maintain the best record in the Eastern Conference.

"In seven games I don't think we can be beat by any team," Perkins said. "Too deep. Too much experience. Too many hard-working guys. Too many guys that have a chip on their shoulder."

There is a lot riding on Perkins return. In addition to Boston's title hopes, he's in the final year of his contract and figures to draw interest from multiple teams.

"I will show that I'm back and there are no issues with my knee," said Perkins. "I will have a bright future as far as free agency. We will see how this season turns out and how it goes from there.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Al2ETmPA6PaE5cSk._yVape8vLYF?slug=mc-perkinsceltics010311

I agree with him

I believe that because perkins went down, the Lakers kinda went on hibernate mode and narrowly won game 7. Had he not been injured, I think the Lakers would have been more focused, instead of going into the game thinking the celtics will just hand them the title because perkins was out. That's how I see things.

Teeboy1487
01-04-2011, 04:39 PM
He can think whatever he wants. It doesn't change anything. They lost.

:clap:

Boston Fanatic
01-04-2011, 04:40 PM
i agree

shep33
01-04-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't blame him for saying it, but the Lakers would've won in 5-6 games then if Kobe and Bynum were healthy. If the Lakers had Bynum fully healthy for 5 games in that series like Perkins was, they would've won in 6. Injuries happen, and people seem to discredit Bynum playing on one leg the entire series, and Kobe heavily banged up.

Celtics are a great team, I don't discredit what they did to us in 2008, they won fair and square, it's ridiculous for me to bring up hypotheticals and say well Ariza and Bynum didn't play in 2008. I accept that injuries happen, doesn't discredit the championships for either team.

DLeeicious
01-04-2011, 04:43 PM
And there would be way more babies in the world if Perkins didn't eat so many of them, yet here we are...

Teeboy1487
01-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Ariza and Bynum weren't the players they are now in 2008. Ariza didn't really break out until later on in the 2008-2009 season, mainly the playoffs.

And the "if Bynum was healthy argument" is no longer an argument. You can't count on that any more.

How so? Bynum was having a breakout year until he was injured. Our biggest struggle in that series was not being tough enough. Having a true center would have most likely helped our chances just like the way Perkins is saying. However, it does not matter. They won in 08, we won last season. It's over and done with.

Hustlenomics
01-04-2011, 04:46 PM
I don't blame him for saying it, but the Lakers would've won in 5-6 games then if Kobe and Bynum were healthy. If the Lakers had Bynum fully healthy for 5 games in that series like Perkins was, they would've won in 6. Injuries happen, and people seem to discredit Bynum playing on one leg the entire series, and Kobe heavily banged up.

Celtics are a great team, I don't discredit what they did to us in 2008, they won fair and square, it's ridiculous for me to bring up hypotheticals and say well Ariza and Bynum didn't play in 2008. I accept that injuries happen, doesn't discredit the championships for either team.

at least Bynum got to step on the court

DitchDat
01-04-2011, 04:50 PM
I think so too

2008: healthy, win Finals
2009: without KG and Powe, make it to the Conference Finals
2010: without Perk in Game 7 of the Finals

the injuries are really frustrating, because you know as a Celtics fan that this team only had a 4-5 year window. I don't get mad, but I'm just saying that if the Celts would have been 80% healthy for the last two season, their banner count probably wouldn't be stuck on 17.

oh and can you imagine what our team will look like when Perk and West return? That moment is right around the corner, and if KG's injury is really just a calf injury (and not the knee), then I feel good about our chances this year. I love what Wafer and Erden are giving us, but imagine replacing those two with West and Perkins. Seriously.

8kobe24

If Ariza was healthy, he would be a better option to guard pierce. Bynum was having a great season before he went down so how can that not be an argument?
Fact: That year the Lakers were short 2 players that could have made a difference on both ends of the floor,celtics win.
Fact: Last years finals, the celtics were 1 player short that could have made a difference on both ends of the floor, Lakers win.

There needs to be tie breaker, and hopefully all is healthy so we don't have these coulda woulda arguments. If this rematch happens Lakers in 7, don't matter where.

shep33
Am I forgetting something here? If I recall Rasheed Wallace played a far better game then Perkins would have in game 7....11 points, 8 board, 2 blocks, 2 assists solid defense.

Perkins in that series had 0 blocks, averaged less than 6 points and less than 6 rebounds per game

shep33
01-04-2011, 04:51 PM
I think so too

the injuries are really frustrating, because you know as a Celtics fan that this team only had a 4-5 year window. I don't get mad, but I'm just saying that if the Celts would have been 80% healthy for the last two season, their banner count probably wouldn't be stuck on 17.

2009 they got knocked out in the 2nd round.

ManRam
01-04-2011, 04:52 PM
My point is, no one ever says "Oh, Portland would be so good if Oden was healthy" any more because he is never healthy and you just can't rely on him. I think the same goes for Bynum. He's hurt so often that I don't think it's a fair excuse.

KeithLBC
01-04-2011, 04:53 PM

You missed the point.

Did Bynum get a chance to step on the court in 2008, when the Lakers lost? Everyone on PSD rode Lakers fans after the 2008 loss saying "quit using injuries as an excuse". Why is it any different now?

Hustlenomics
01-04-2011, 04:54 PM
I think so too

oh and can you imagine what our team will look like when Perk and West return? That moment is right around the corner, and if KG's injury is really just a calf injury (and not the knee), then I feel good about our chances this year. I love what Wafer and Erden are giving us, but imagine replacing those two with West and Perkins. Seriously.

true

Geargo Wallace
He was asked the question. If he said they would have lost with him, that would be a dumb answer.

If KG didn't get injured the year before too they'd have the last 3 championships.

Hawkeye15
good for him. But that is life. Ask the Lakers if they think they may have won with Bynum and Trevor in 08'.
Inuries are part of the game, which is why the championship is usually by the healthier elite team.

shep33
01-04-2011, 04:57 PM

I would trade Bynum playing on one leg in that series, for Perkins' 5 healthy ones. Lets not forget that Bynum only played 12, 16, and 19 mins in 3 games that series cause he couldn't move at all.

However, the point I'm trying to make, is that when either the Lakers or Celtics bring hypotheticals into the conversation (like the one above), it becomes ridiculous. We can pull out all the "if's" we want to, but in the end the Lakers won last year and the Celts won in 2008.

Hustlenomics
01-04-2011, 04:58 PM
what is Bynum Hakeem the Dream or something? lol

shep33
01-04-2011, 04:59 PM

Haha what is Perkins? Bill Russell?

shep33
01-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Injuries happen... I don't blame Perkins for saying it though, what's he suppose to say?

Baller1
01-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Yup, they wouldv'e probably handled the Lakers with relative ease.

Teeboy1487
01-04-2011, 05:11 PM
My point is, no one ever says "Oh, Portland would be so good if Oden was healthy" any more because he is never healthy and you just can't rely on him. I think the same goes for Bynum. He's hurt so often that I don't think it's a fair excuse.

That does not matter. This whole thread is based on what ifs. Also, there are no excuses at all. Injuries are part of the game. We did not ask him to get hurt. Besides, like Shep pointed out, Perkins was not a huge factor in the series anyway. The Celtics were still next to last in rebounding in the nba when he played the whole season last season. It's a mute point imo. No excuses whatsoever. They won in 08 and we won last season.

hgtiger32
01-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Am I forgetting something here? If I recall Rasheed Wallace played a far better game then Perkins would have in game 7....11 points, 8 board, 2 blocks, 2 assists solid defense.

Perkins in that series had 0 blocks, averaged less than 6 points and less than 6 rebounds per game

no, perkins woulda had more than 8 rebounds and would've been more of an impact on the defensive side

hgtiger32
01-04-2011, 05:13 PM

no but lakers fans make out bynum to be some sort of future hall of famer. they always say "just wait til bynum is fully healthy, then we're going to be really good"

The problem is that they say that every year and bynum is never fully healthy. He honestly doesn't scare me

Hustlenomics
01-04-2011, 05:14 PM
no but lakers fans make out bynum to be some sort of future hall of famer. They always say "just wait til bynum is fully healthy, then we're going to be really good"

the problem is that they say that every year and bynum is never fully healthy. He honestly doesn't scare me

+ 1

boozdawg
01-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Bynum is a damn good player when healthy...

shep33
01-04-2011, 05:24 PM
no, perkins woulda had more than 8 rebounds and would've been more of an impact on the defensive side

Perkins didn't average 8 rebounds that series, and Sheed actually did a very good job defensively... Pau Gasol went 6-16, which is terrible for a big man. Sheed's length disrupted the Lakers flow inside bigtime... Odom went 3-8. I think people discredit how great Wallace played that game, he was probably at worst the Celtics 3rd best player that day. Garnett went 8-13 with 17 points, but only had 3 rebounds and Rondo's near triple double were the only 2 guys IMO that played better than him that game.

shep33
01-04-2011, 05:26 PM
no but lakers fans make out bynum to be some sort of future hall of famer. they always say "just wait til bynum is fully healthy, then we're going to be really good"

The problem is that they say that every year and bynum is never fully healthy. He honestly doesn't scare me

My response was to someone else who sarcastically wrote that Bynum was as good as Hakeem Olajuwon...

310Casper
01-04-2011, 05:28 PM
As a Laker fan, I have to say he's right.

Too bad championships arent decided by "what if's" and whats on paper. At the end of the day, the Lakers get to unfold that banner in their arena.

tdunk21
01-04-2011, 05:35 PM
true

Bruno
01-04-2011, 05:43 PM

Right, be sure to mention the forty point loss in game six opposed to the six point losses in games two and four...how convenient for the point you're trying to make.

Anyways, I've said it before, the Celtics could have done it with a healthy Perkins. But nobodys mentioned that Bynum played the entire series on one leg? Injuries are a part of the game.

Corey
01-04-2011, 05:45 PM
I agree...but who cares? Get healthy, and get 'em this year.

Exactly.

I'm so sick of articles about this. Why the hell do reporters keep asking the same questions over and over..

Hawkeye15
01-04-2011, 05:46 PM
I honestly can't believe anyone cares about this to the point of arguing and making excuses. Nothing Pek can say changes the fact that the Lakers won. And nothing any of you can say changes the fact that the Celtics won in 2008.
Who cares??

Basketash
01-04-2011, 05:49 PM
If my aunt had a penis she would be my uncle xD

magichatnumber9
01-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Bynum injured Perk because he knew he couldn't hang

310Casper
01-04-2011, 05:56 PM
If the Blazers would've drafted Jordan...

If Eve wouldn't of tasted the apple...

If...

Bruno
01-04-2011, 06:01 PM

Statistically, that's not true.

Bynums best regular season numbers came during the 2007-2008 campaign before Gasol was traded to the Lakers.

Over 35 regular season games in 2007-2008 Bynum posted career highs in PER (22.5), TS% (.659), WS/48 (.230), as well as regular season career highs in rpg (10.2) FG% (64%), and blocks (2.1).

The Lakers and especially Bynum were rolling during 2007-2008 before the Gasol trade even happened. The team went 24-11 over those 35 games, essentially the same record they have to start this 2010-2011 campaign.

An unhealthy Bynum in 2008 and 2010 was just as debilitating as an unhealthy Perkins over the final two games of the 2010 finals.

Neither team has beaten the other while at full strength. That's what makes the match-up so intriguing.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bynuman01.html

Hangtime
01-04-2011, 06:05 PM
No one really knows how it would have turned out. Having Perk in the game certainly would have helped but it would have also changed the way the Lakers approached the game had he been present. There are many players in NBA history that can claim things would have been different if I was healthy. Perk is no different. Bottom line guys get hurt, other players have to step up. Lakers couldn't do it in 08 and Celts couldn't do it in 09 and 10.

nandy16
01-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Whenever Lakers fans bring up the Bynum/Ariza excuse they all ignore the fact. that if Bynum wasn't injured the Lakers would not have traded for Gasol. The Owner of the Lakers himself said this. Why do they ignore this???? Without Gasol would they have beat the Magic?

TheWatcher34
01-04-2011, 06:09 PM
I believe that because perkins went down, the Lakers kinda went on hibernate mode and narrowly won game 7. Had he not been injured, I think the Lakers would have been more focused, instead of going into the game thinking the celtics will just hand them the title because perkins was out. That's how I see things.

yeah right.... Lakers are a team that like to cruise in a finals game 7 and beat the opponent while they relax and cruise in save energy mode.

is that your funny side or your studidity speaking ??

anyways..it belongs to the history books now. finals 08 or finals 10 nobody cares anymore.

DCB/LAL
01-04-2011, 06:11 PM
:laugh: What a douche...Bynum was hurt all series as well if he was healthy that series wouldn't of gone 7....and if he were healthy in 08 LA probably would of three-peated by now.

Dr. RPG
01-04-2011, 06:12 PM
guys....it's been 7 months....it's over. Deal with it.

shep33
01-04-2011, 06:14 PM
I honestly can't believe anyone cares about this to the point of arguing and making excuses. Nothing Pek can say changes the fact that the Lakers won. And nothing any of you can say changes the fact that the Celtics won in 2008.
Who cares??

Best answer right here..../thread

Storch
01-04-2011, 06:35 PM
someone play the violin for this guy.

SteBO
01-04-2011, 06:39 PM
:violin:

numba1CHANGsta
01-04-2011, 06:54 PM
can you say H8ER? ;)

DwayneMVPwade
01-04-2011, 07:12 PM
I agree with perkins. Perkins is a great low post defender who can guard Gasol and Bynum.

Super.
01-04-2011, 07:33 PM
I agree. We got killed in rebounds in game 7

Oh and the FT differential. Wasn't it like 24 FT (in the 4th quarter) for the Lakers and 14 in the whole game for the Celtics?

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Fine , let's play hypotheticals. IF Bynum plays game 4, Glen Davis does not bring the Celtic back from a 4th quarter deficit. Lakes thenhave 3 to 1 advantage with 2 home games remaining

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-04-2011, 07:37 PM
welcome to: *****************************

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

This is sad when this is the best post of the thread

WHODAT8o8
01-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Pau Gasol could do nothing on Perkins

Hustlenomics
01-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Fine , let's play hypotheticals. IF Bynum plays game 4, Glen Davis does not bring the Celtic back from a 4th quarter deficit. Lakes thenhave 3 to 1 advantage with 2 home games remaining

damn that was a terrible hypothetical situation lol

ManRam
01-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Statistically, that's not true.

Bynums best regular season numbers came during the 2007-2008 campaign before Gasol was traded to the Lakers.

Over 35 regular season games in 2007-2008 Bynum posted career highs in PER (22.5), TS% (.659), WS/48 (.230), as well as regular season career highs in rpg (10.2) FG% (64%), and blocks (2.1).

The Lakers and especially Bynum were rolling during 2007-2008 before the Gasol trade even happened. The team went 24-11 over those 35 games, essentially the same record they have to start this 2010-2011 campaign.

An unhealthy Bynum in 2008 and 2010 was just as debilitating as an unhealthy Perkins over the final two games of the 2010 finals.

Neither team has beaten the other while at full strength. That's what makes the match-up so intriguing.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bynuman01.html

Oh my God, that's not what I'm getting at for the 15th time.

He's always hurt. At this point, that's not an excuse anymore. You just can't bank on him being healthy.

Ray
01-04-2011, 07:52 PM
if jordan never retired the 1st time, and stayed for 1-2 more years the 2nd time, chicago would have had 10 championships

SteBO
01-04-2011, 07:52 PM

He's always hurt. At this point, that's not an excuse anymore. You just can't bank on him being healthy.
Lakers have proven they can win it all with a 40% Bynum. They'll be fine.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-04-2011, 07:55 PM
What else can he say lol??

Its obvious he would say that

Hustlenomics
01-04-2011, 07:57 PM
if jordan never retired the 1st time, and stayed for 1-2 more years the 2nd time, chicago would have had 10 championships

man get this crap outta here! this is about one game not about any other year or games in nba history c'mon son

Bruno
01-04-2011, 07:58 PM

I'm not putting words in your mouth, you said it. You said "Bynum wasn't the player he is now in 2008". Was it the main point you were making? I guess not, but then why bring it up?

Saying Bynum wasn't the player he is now in 2008 is wrong, thats all. You can't bank on him being healthy, I agree.

Storch
01-04-2011, 08:00 PM
:violin:

ty

avrpatsfan
01-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Injuries are a part of the game but I have no doubt in my mind that if we have Perkins healthy we win game 7. But he was injured and the Celtics lost and it's as simple as that.

smith&wesson
01-04-2011, 08:09 PM
why cant perkins let this go ? coudla woulda shoulda buddy.

I could hav been an nba ball player but im only 510 and cant shoot or jump.

I could have ... well you get the point.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
Injuries are a part of the game but I have no doubt in my mind that if we have Perkins healthy we win game 7. But he was injured and the Celtics lost and it's as simple as that.

Cause U are a celts fan

LakersMaster24
Wow so many h8ters right here!
You people think that Bynum and a healthy Ariza, wouldnt make such a big difference in the SERIES than Perkins in one game?! Who do you think Perkins is? Prime Dikembe Mutombo on defense?! Sheed played better than Perk would, just like someone said, he averaged below 5 points and 5 rebounds in the whole SERIES and had ZERO blocks. Just STFU and swallow the idea that Lakers won. Done.
Close this.

ManRam
I'm not putting words in your mouth, you said it. You said "Bynum wasn't the player he is now in 2008". Was it the main point you were making? I guess not, but then why bring it up?

Saying Bynum wasn't the player he is now in 2008 is wrong, thats all. You can't bank on him being healthy, I agree.

I didn't see you bolded the top part. Yes, he is an important loss...even if he wasn't the player he is now. I mainly meant that in regards to Ariza...I won't argue that Bynum is very valuable (even though in the playoffs he never logs big minutes anyways...healthy or not).

He's just getting to be at the point where if he's hurt, you expect it and need to be prepared for it. You just can't bank on it. That's why I don't like that as an excuse anymore. It's not like Perk, who has no been injured once in his lifetime. That's a fluke injury at this point. Bynum is injury prone.

It's like Oden and Yao. Those teams don't use their injuries as an excuse any more, because they always are. Bynum needs to be placed in that class until he stays healthy for a while.

kobe24>lebron23

Bro stop already Rasheed Wallace was balling game 7 he did a great job... U guys are amazing with ur hate for the lakers it's ok I understand though who wouldn't hate LA 17 championships and counting... there are always in the spotlight and 50% of the time they have been in the NBA finals!

Keep the excuses coming gentlemen or should I say ladies cuz what's done is done lakers won deal with it!

Bruno
01-04-2011, 08:10 PM
I agree. We got killed in rebounds in game 7

Oh and the FT differential. Wasn't it like 24 FT (in the 4th quarter) for the Lakers and 14 in the whole game for the Celtics?

The Lakers shot 38 FTA for the game, Boston shot 17 FTA's for the game. Bryant shot almost as many FTAs as Boston (15 FTAs) in game seven.

In that sense the FTA disparity was reminiscent of game two of the 2008 NBA finals. The Lakers shot 10 FTAs to the Celtics 38 FTAs, 13 of which were Leon Powes. Leon Powe single-handedly got to the line three more times in 14 minutes of actions than the entire Lakers team combined over 48 minutes.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200806080BOS.html

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=300617013

ManRam
01-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Wow so many h8ters right here!
You people think that Bynum and a healthy Ariza, wouldnt make such a big difference in the SERIES than Perkins in one game?! Who do you think Perkins is? Prime Dikembe Mutombo on defense?! Sheed played better than Perk would, just like someone said, he averaged below 5 points and 5 rebounds in the whole SERIES and had ZERO blocks. Just STFU and swallow the idea that Lakers won. Done.
Close this.

I do think that Perk is the best defensive center in the game not named Howard. He might be the best one-on-one defensive big man in the league, period...Dwight included.

LakersMaster24
01-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Perkins is probably 2nd best, but because we had a one legged Bynum, he prevented Perkins from getting many rebounds, which clearly shows you the value and talent of Andrew Bynum.

C-Style
01-04-2011, 08:18 PM
If Bynum was healthy there wouldn't be a game 7.

Hustlenomics
01-04-2011, 08:18 PM
why cant perkins let this go ? coudla woulda shoulda buddy.

I could hav been an nba ball player but im only 510 and cant shoot or jump.

I could have ... well you get the point.
:cry::speechless:

The Lakers shot 38 FTA for the game, Boston shot 17 FTA's for the game. Bryant shot almost as many FTAs as Boston (15 FTAs) in game seven.

In that sense the FTA disparity was reminiscent of game two of the 2008 NBA finals. The Lakers shot 10 FTAs to the Celtics 38 FTAs, 13 of which were Leon Powes. Leon Powe single-handedly got to the line three more times in 14 minutes of actions than the entire Lakers team combined over 48 minutes.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200806080BOS.html

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=300617013

lol a majority of those fouls were from pau and kobe throwing their arms around and screaming at the top of their lungs

I do think that Perk is the best defensive center in the game not named Howard. He might be the best one-on-one defensive big man in the league, period...Dwight included.

+ 1 can't hurt having him + Rasheed

shep33
01-04-2011, 08:19 PM
man get this crap outta here! this is about one game not about any other year or games in nba history c'mon son

Whenever the word "if" comes into argument, we deal with hypotheticals and hypotheticals only lead to more hypotheticals and thus no conclusive answer. I don't blame Perkins for saying it, but this argument can go both ways for eternity

Bruno
01-04-2011, 08:20 PM
I didn't see you bolded the top part. Yes, he is an important loss...even if he wasn't the player he is now. I mainly meant that in regards to Ariza...I won't argue that Bynum is very valuable (even though in the playoffs he never logs big minutes anyways...healthy or not).

He's just getting to be at the point where if he's hurt, you expect it and need to be prepared for it. You just can't bank on it. That's why I don't like that as an excuse anymore. It's not like Perk, who has no been injured once in his lifetime. That's a fluke injury at this point. Bynum is injury prone.

It's like Oden and Yao. Those teams don't use their injuries as an excuse any more, because they always are. Bynum needs to be placed in that class until he stays healthy for a while.

Oh totally. It's easy to forget that Ariza really didn't start tearing it up for the Lakers until the 2009 playoffs were underway. IMO he was in a lot of ways the most over-looked hero of those 2009 playoffs, he came up with huge defensive stops and was the perfect floor-spreader within the triangle, making 40 out of 84 three-point FGA's over the 23 game playoff run. He had the 4th highest playoff win-share on the team, behind Bryant, Gasol, and Odom.

And I feel ya on the Bynum excuse, right now it's a fair and decent point. Hopefully he can string together a couple healthy years and make it look like a more legit excuse a few years down the road.

Don't get me wrong ManRam- the Lakers got lucky. The winner of the rebound battle won ever game, it was a HUGE blow to the Celtics, even if Wallace did a decent job stepping in. The main point I'm trying to make is that neither team has been beaten while fully healthy. IMO thats what makes it a great and even match-up.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2009.html

Bruno
01-04-2011, 08:22 PM
lol a majority of those fouls were from pau and kobe throwing their arms around and screaming at the top of their lungs

haha, and you know I feel the same way about what happened in game two of the 2008 NBA finals. It goes both ways. All in all both teams have had their share of luck and bad luck while facing each other recently.

LakersMaster24
01-04-2011, 08:24 PM
:cry::speechless:

+ 1 can't hurt having him + Rasheed

Paul Pierce. His whole career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPlyYcrqSvw

ManRam
01-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Oh totally. It's easy to forget that Ariza really didn't start tearing it up for the Lakers until the 2009 playoffs were underway. IMO he was in a lot of ways the most over-looked hero of those 2009 playoffs, he came up with huge defensive stops and was the perfect floor-spreader within the triangle, making 40 out of 84 three-point FGA's over the 23 game playoff run. He had the 4th highest playoff win-share on the team, behind Bryant, Gasol, and Odom.

And I feel ya on the Bynum excuse, right now it's a fair and decent point. Hopefully he can string together a couple healthy years and make it look like a more legit excuse a few years down the road.

Don't get me wrong ManRam- the Lakers got lucky. The winner of the rebound battle won ever game, it was a HUGE blow to the Celtics, even if Wallace did a decent job stepping in. The main point I'm trying to make is that neither team has been beaten while fully healthy. IMO thats what makes it a great and even match-up.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2009.html

Often, it's better to be lucky than good. I don't think this is an issue worth bringing up: it's moot. The Lakers won, they were the better team for all 7 games, and that's all. Ifs, ands, and buts don't matter.

I will say that, even though I do think the Celtics A) are significantly better with Perk and B) perhaps better than LA with Perk...it's one game, and anything can happen. To say that they surely would have won with a healthy Perk is just wrong. They lost 2 other games with him to the Lakers.

C-Style
01-04-2011, 08:27 PM

:laugh2: OWNED!

Bruno
01-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Often, it's better to be lucky than good. I don't think this is an issue worth bringing up: it's moot. The Lakers won, they were the better team for all 7 games, and that's all. Ifs, ands, and buts don't matter.

I will say that, even though I do think the Celtics A) are significantly better with Perk and B) perhaps better than LA with Perk...it's one game, and anything can happen. To say that they surely would have won with a healthy Perk is just wrong. They lost 2 other games with him to the Lakers.

All fair points. I agree they're way better with Perk in there.

I just can't estimate what the rotation will be like this year with Shaq in there, and I'm curious as to how he will look, and how long it will take for him to get in the groove. Do you think Perkins is the starting center come playoffs?

ManRam
01-04-2011, 08:32 PM
All fair points. I agree they're way better with Perk in there.

I just can't estimate what the rotation will be like this year with Shaq in there, and I'm curious as to how he will look, and how long it will take for him to get in the groove. Do you think Perkins is the starting center come playoffs?

Depends on the team. I know for a fact, that versus my Magic, he will be. He is a Dwight-stopper...that's mainly why I regard him so highly. Maybe his impact vs. us is more significant than it is vs. other teams, but yeah...that's why I jumped in this thread.

I think they'll test it out. I think Perk is better off as a starter; setting the tone and being the rock. Shaq comes off the bench and can be a little bit more of a spark. That's my guess...

LakersMaster24
01-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Dwight Howard better get more creative on offensive :sigh:

Hustlenomics
01-04-2011, 08:36 PM
:laugh2: OWNED!

lol owned?

ManRam
01-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Dwight Howard better get more creative on offensive :sigh:

Oh, he most certainly has. I'm eager to see him play against Perk now. There is an early February match up that I'm looking forward to :nod:

If he can get some points verse Boston with Perk, then I don't think anyone should question his offensive game as much anymore at all.

M.Hancho1130
01-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Yea sure, its crazy to belive Bynum and Ariza make a difference in 08, but of course Celtics win with Perkins??
Remember, Lakers were without Bynum and Ariza all series.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-04-2011, 08:55 PM
So if Garnett is hurt come playoffs, we should not hear any excuses from celtics fans right? Because he's been hurt the last 3 years, I guess we can consider him injury prone now.

ManRam
01-04-2011, 09:01 PM
So if Garnett is hurt come playoffs, we should not hear any excuses from celtics fans right? Because he's been hurt the last 3 years, I guess we can consider him injury prone now.

Bynum has had one healthy season in his career. KG has had a ton...and only one of his has been as serious as Bynum's. I think at this point in Allen, Pierce, Shaq and KG's career, Boston is aware that they could get injured and have built up the depth to prepare for it. I think if he sustains another big injury, then yes, we've come to the point where KG isn't someone you can bank on for a whole season...but unlike LA, Boston is prepared (relatively) if he goes down.

The other difference that matters in how people perceive things is that Perk played in 6 of the games. He was healthy going into it. Bynum and Ariza weren't. It's tougher when it happens in the mid/late part of a season for the team to adjust to it and for the teams and fans to accept it. Just some food for thought...

Bruno
01-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Depends on the team. I know for a fact, that versus my Magic, he will be. He is a Dwight-stopper...that's mainly why I regard him so highly. Maybe his impact vs. us is more significant than it is vs. other teams, but yeah...that's why I jumped in this thread.

I think they'll test it out. I think Perk is better off as a starter; setting the tone and being the rock. Shaq comes off the bench and can be a little bit more of a spark. That's my guess...

I hope Dwight can really rip Perkins this year. Perkins just plays the roll of villain so well. I think Dwight might be able to expose Perkins this year. Because Perkins is coming off injury and surgery, but mainly because of Dwights work with Hakeem in the off-season.

I have a lot of respect for Dwight, being willing to work and expand his offensive game by becoming a student of Hakeems, I've seen some of it this year. Have you had a chance to check out their practice footage together? It's awesome.

Hustlenomics
01-04-2011, 09:05 PM

lakers fans are talking about ariza and bynum in 08 but not KG in 09

ManRam
01-04-2011, 09:06 PM
I hope Dwight can really rip Perkins this year. Perkins just plays the roll of villain so well. I think Dwight might be able to expose Perkins this year. Because Perkins is coming off injury and surgery, but mainly because of Dwights work with Hakeem in the off-season.

I have a lot of respect for Dwight, being willing to work and expand his offensive game by becoming a student of Hakeems, I've seen some of it this year. Have you had a chance to check out their practice footage together? It's awesome.

Yeah. It was pretty cool to watch. Looked so simple and straight forward (I know it isn't). And it makes me think "wow, what the **** is Patrick Ewing doing?". The amount of improvement he made this off-season is more than he's made over the span of time that Pat has been in Orlando. I don't know if you can attribute all of it to just Hakeem (a lot of it is mental and comes from within), but he does look much improved. Prettier hooks, some TD bank shots, better back-to-the-basket moves.

Perk will be the litmus test...and yes, he makes for a great villain.

Hustlenomics
01-04-2011, 09:06 PM

expose him as what exactly? lol

Bruno
01-04-2011, 09:29 PM
expose him as what exactly? lol

Great offense beats great defense. If Howard averages 22-25 against Perkins in the playoffs I'd say he'd been exposed.

That doesn't mean Perkins isn't a great defender, he is. It wouldn't change the fact that Perkins is a great defender, but great defenders can be exposed on a give night, or on a given series.

Bruno
01-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Yeah. It was pretty cool to watch. Looked so simple and straight forward (I know it isn't). And it makes me think "wow, what the **** is Patrick Ewing doing?". The amount of improvement he made this off-season is more than he's made over the span of time that Pat has been in Orlando. I don't know if you can attribute all of it to just Hakeem (a lot of it is mental and comes from within), but he does look much improved. Prettier hooks, some TD bank shots, better back-to-the-basket moves.

Perk will be the litmus test...and yes, he makes for a great villain.

Yeah, I don't get why Ewing wasn't able to get through to Dwight. Maybe it's not his fault, maybe it was just a matter of Dwight being ready and more willing with Hakeem came around. Like you said, as good as a coach might be, it's up to the player to apply the teachings.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
01-05-2011, 12:04 AM
No doubt. No one should really be shocked by his comments either. Who would want a guy on their team who doesn't think they can win...

If he said otherwise, I would have **** my pants.

RCarlson85
01-05-2011, 12:11 AM
I believe it too. The Celtics would have won had he been healthy.

Oefarmy2005
01-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Too bad, they have no chance this year. You can stick a fork in the C's, they are done.

DFROZE#1
01-05-2011, 03:47 AM
And the Bulls would have won 8 rings in a row if Jordan did not go play baseball. Sports is about what happend not what could have, should have, or would have.

nickdymez
01-05-2011, 03:54 AM

Check this out laker haters, someone actually watched the series.

This is exactly what i was thinking when i heard big fat outta shape kendrick perkins put his fat foot in his mouth... Sheed played a far better game than fat boy did all series

tonyd3b54
01-05-2011, 04:11 AM
And there would be way more babies in the world if Perkins didn't eat so many of them, yet here we are...

as a celtics fan this really made me laugh...

J4KOP99
01-05-2011, 05:27 AM
Rasheed was amazing in game 7... If Perkins was healthy, Rasheed doesn't play nearly as many minutes, which in turn hurts their offense even more. In theory Perkins would have helped the C's rebound but then as previously mentioned, he hurts their offense.

In a perfect world Perkins would have played and completely shut down the middle, grabbing every rebound and not let the Lakers climb back into the game. Rasheed would also play and put up instant offense.

People are automatically believing that had Perkins played, the game would have went the exact same way... I highly doubt it.

The Lakers had won 3 games up to that point and the Celtics had won 3 up to that point. I don't see how Perkins playing makes the Celtics automatically win.

MTar786
01-05-2011, 05:59 AM
you guys can ***** and moan all you like.. The lakers are the 2010 NBA CHAMPS not the cetlics.. sorry, better luck next time

DitchDat
01-05-2011, 08:12 AM
If Bynum was healthy there wouldn't be a game 7.

still, Perkins is more instrumental to the Celts than Bynum is to the Lakers.

Bynum gets minutes when he is healthy, he is not a pivotal part of the team. He plays until he gets injured, then gets replaced.
Perk closes the middle for us, Bynum is just in the game to take 6 fouls and allow Gasol to play more freely.

mikantsass
01-05-2011, 12:06 PM
He is right, but there is no such thing as "what if"

Double_R
01-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Who cares... Of course that is what he thinks...that is what he should think

nickdymez
01-05-2011, 02:02 PM
still, Perkins is more instrumental to the Celts than Bynum is to the Lakers.

Bynum gets minutes when he is healthy, he is not a pivotal part of the team. He plays until he gets injured, then gets replaced.
Perk closes the middle for us, Bynum is just in the game to take 6 fouls and allow Gasol to play more freely.

You dont know alot about basketball clearly.

championships
01-05-2011, 02:39 PM
He can dream. Sorry Celtic fans, you lost get over it.

el_primo_nano
01-05-2011, 02:47 PM
****, coming from an East Coast L.A fan here, i was shaking in my boots the entire game, and to see him on the sidelines got me thinking, what would have been if he would have played... He is the most underrated player in the league. He is that good.

blueplanet
01-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Lakers wouldn't have any chance with Perkins in the line up. There is no question in my mind that Celtics were the better team in that series.

nickdymez
01-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Lakers wouldn't have any chance with Perkins in the line up. There is no question in my mind that Celtics were the better team in that series.

Theres "No question in your head", but they went seven games? You people sound dumb.. So Kendrick Perkins is a game changer now? ok... If not for Ray Allen breaking a shooting record, the series would have been done in 5, maybe 6

Hustlenomics
01-05-2011, 10:22 PM
^ and if Ray Allen didn't suck in every game after that game Celtics would have won in less lol wack

nickdymez
01-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Its not the lakers fault Ray Allen was scared

AddiX
01-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Act like the Celtics had a bad team on the floor, get over it.

Hustlenomics
01-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Its not the lakers fault Ray Allen was scared

lol funny avatar

Giantwarrior
01-05-2011, 10:29 PM
who cares what he thinks. Celtics would have won if Pierce scored 40. shoulda coulda woulda.. In the end the lakers won the title. period.

bklynny67
01-05-2011, 10:56 PM
what a stupid argument this is

no one know if Perkins didnt get hurt, that they would have won last yr for sure. it changes the whole game if everyone was healthy. maybe he would have made enough of a difference and BOS woulda won. but maybe the Lakers end up taking much different shots in games 6 and 7. maybe they make more outside shots with Perkins protecting the middle and they still win both games. who knows? saying one player means the outcome of the NBA finals would be different is stupid, unless that player was Kobe, Gasol, Garnett, Allen, or Pierce. anyone else and the team should have had other guys step up in the absence of their injured player. BOS didnt have that. they lost. get over it.

I HATE EXCUSES!

iggypop123
01-05-2011, 11:15 PM
does this mean kendrick perkins will go up the rafters in boston and put an asterisk on the 08 banner? last time i checked 6 games missed by bynum is alot more than perkins 1 game.

evadatam5150
01-05-2011, 11:58 PM

I agree with him

Would of, could of, should of... Lament it, prognosticate it, wish it, hope it, love it, want it, NEED it, Dream it and keep on mulling and masticating it... It wont change the fact that Boston lost and the Lakers won.. Wrap your mellons around it because it happened and it aint changing no matter how much You Want to Believe...!!! :D

By the way, the Lakers would have won if Bynum was healthy and playing in 08.. I Believe...!!!

Hustlenomics
01-06-2011, 12:02 AM
^ yes Bynum would have prevented a 40 point blowout

evadatam5150
01-06-2011, 12:08 AM

I think your new world math is a bit backwards.. See, in the old world you have 7 games played between 2 teams.. The team that wins more games than the other team is eventually and inevitably crowned the winner due to the simple deduction that said team won 4 games whilst the other team only won 3 games..

But hey if you want to believe that the team that won 3 out of 7 games was better than the team that won 4 then more power to you.. Brilliant.. :clap:

evadatam5150
01-06-2011, 12:20 AM
^ yes Bynum would have prevented a 40 point blowout

Well I guess that's the point now isn't it.. One point is just as ridiculous as the other, you can say that with a smirk but how do you know it would have been a 40 point deficit if Bynum had played in that game.. You and I don't know what would have happened in either case so why even pursue irrelevant scenario's..??

By the way, recognize sarcasm when it's at hand.. The Lakers lost, they got their arses handed to them in that last game, they were an embarrassment and they gave up.. I don't question that and I certainly don't sit around building extravagant scenario's in which to fool basketball fans into believing that My team was better even if My team didn't win the Championship..

Seriously.. Get over it, move on and work on getting to the next Finals to prove your point.. Wait...!!! Isn't that what the Lakers did.. Hmmmmm.. :D

Hustlenomics
01-06-2011, 12:21 AM
40 points ..lol nothing else needs to be said

nickdymez
01-06-2011, 12:48 AM

16 Championships...

_KB24_
01-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Rasheed would not have seen so much minutes then and the Celtics would not have gotten off to that great start than. It would be a repeat of Game 6 I guess? :shrug:

Stupid to say stuff like that. Perk missed one game. Ariza and Bynum were out for the whole series. No need to bring in what ifs.

Lakersfan2483
01-06-2011, 01:02 AM
Injuries are a part of the game. The Celtics lost and you could use the argument that Wallace gave them more in that game 7 then Perk did for most of the series. Perk wasn't even a threat offensively. Also, Rasheed did a great job of holding Pau to 6-16 from the field. Bottom line: The Lakers went out and took that title and are the champs. They made the plays at the end to win their 16th title.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-06-2011, 01:50 AM

And nobody wants your boy AI but a team in Turkey lol

Hustlenomics
01-06-2011, 02:36 AM
16 Championships...

17>16

And nobody wants your boy AI but a team in Turkey lol

wack and off topic and at least take a shot at Rondo if you want to stay on topic and insult a favorite player of mine

DitchDat
01-06-2011, 08:06 AM
You dont know alot about basketball clearly.

I do. Maybe Bynum's potential and ceiling is higher, but Perkins actually has a niche carved out on the team, and he is way more consistent. Call me a homer, but I'll take a dependable workhorse big man over an injury-prone still-developing center. For our team, at least. I'm not bashing Bynum, but Perk is more instrumental tot the Celts than Bynum is to the Lakers.

nickdymez
01-06-2011, 11:17 AM
I do. Maybe Bynum's potential and ceiling is higher, but Perkins actually has a niche carved out on the team, and he is way more consistent. Call me a homer, but I'll take a dependable workhorse big man over an injury-prone still-developing center. For our team, at least. I'm not bashing Bynum, but Perk is more instrumental tot the Celts than Bynum is to the Lakers.

ok, i'll definitely give you that one right there.. I agree 100%

xbrackattackx
01-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Wrong. NO EXPLANTION NEEDED. Just players making excuses.

dacreator101
01-06-2011, 11:53 AM
i agree with this...boston would have one imo...they got to the paint more when perkins was out...

RedSoxFan2434
01-06-2011, 12:14 PM
As a Celtic fan seeing Perk play every game he's very underrated (defensively) one of if not the best defensive center in the game.

It's a tough call.

RedSoxFan2434
01-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Wrong. NO EXPLANTION NEEDED. Just players making excuses.

I'm sure u were one of the ppl that said u would hav won in 08 if u had Bynum healthy.

ballpd05
01-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Its easy to say that since rebounding was a major problem for them in game 7. But its basketball and you never really know. I definitely think having him would have helped.

Odominator
01-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Womp Womp Perks!

He was healthy from games 1-6, if he was so sure that they would have won, then they should have gotten the job done in 6 games.

On the other hand, Bynum was injured throughout the playoffs, played very limited minutes and struggled after the first 3-4 minutes of every game because of the increasing tightness and soreness in his injured knee.

If I had to pick the more effective center in that series, I would pick Perks. Regardless, the Lakers won and the Celtics blew a 14 point lead in game 7. Time to move on.

xbrackattackx
01-06-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm sure u were one of the ppl that said u would hav won in 08 if u had Bynum healthy.

Injuries effect every player at sometime, Unless he is lucky and has a injury free career. It's a part of the game you can't blame a series on it, but it comes down to which team is the Luckiest in a 7 game series not who is better. If one team was really that better it wouldn't have went that far to start with maybe 4-5 games. I think the Celtics are the best team in the East and the deepest by far. But the reason is because they saw what happen last year when the one dependable big went down. Same with La getting the Ratliff and Smith combo. Not as deep as the C's but still helps.

smith&wesson
01-06-2011, 01:43 PM
No doubt. No one should really be shocked by his comments either. Who would want a guy on their team who doesn't think they can win...

If he said otherwise, I would have **** my pants.

who wants a guy on there team that makes excuses though ??

doesnt every team go through injuries ?

Hustlenomics
01-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Womp Womp Perks!

He was healthy from games 1-6, if he was so sure that they would have won, then they should have gotten the job done in 6 games.

On the other hand, Bynum was injured throughout the playoffs, played very limited minutes and struggled after the first 3-4 minutes of every game because of the increasing tightness and soreness in his injured knee.

If I had to pick the more effective center in that series, I would pick Perks. Regardless, the Lakers won and the Celtics blew a 14 point lead in game 7. Time to move on.

he got injured early in game 6 :facepalm:

checkit
01-06-2011, 04:52 PM
He right. Love Perk and his brutal honesty,

PAOboston
01-06-2011, 05:51 PM
perk or no perk, the lakers won the title fair and square last season. injuries are part of the game. you cant play the "what if" game because you dont know how it would turn out. what if kg didnt get hurt in 09? what if danny ainge just got better bench players last season so maybe pierce and allen werent running on fumes by game 7? what if the celtics had another legitimate big that wasnt named shelden williams? do you get where i'm going with this?

as a celtic fan, i'm happy he thinks that and i hope he gets healthy (along with d west, kg, and whoever the hell else is hurt on the team) and gets to prove whathe said. as a basketball fan, i'd give everythint to see a c's/lakers matchup where everyone is healthy. talk about a sportsgasm....

IDB Josh M
01-06-2011, 05:56 PM
And if Len Bias never died of a cocain overdose, the Celtics wouldn't have drifted into obscurity in the late 80's and 90's.

PrettyBoyJ
01-06-2011, 06:07 PM
He went down he cant change that.. I'm tired of the what ifs.. The Celtics always seem to be making excuses why they only won one title with that group.. If they dont win this year which they prob wont there window is basically closed.

godolphins
01-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Should of, could of......just stop

IDB Josh M
01-06-2011, 09:21 PM
And if Michael Jordan didn't retire, the Chicago Bulls would have went 8 straight NBA titles, and threatened Boston and Red's record of 9 titles in 10 years.

Odominator
01-07-2011, 02:13 AM
he got injured early in game 6 :facepalm:

Yes, thats true, Perkins would have put decent numbers that would lessen the impact of the Lakers' 89-67 blow-out.;)

AntiG
01-07-2011, 02:42 AM

:clap:

epizo1
01-07-2011, 03:43 AM
I wouldn't expect anything less from an opponent. Perk has a right to believe that and more power to him. However...

As one poster already stated, Bynum wasn't healthy. Let the novices dismiss Bynum's impact on the Laker team all they want. The ineptitude is glaring in such comments. Bynum had his knee drained just prior to the start of the Finals (twice during the playoff run which isn't recommended). You can obviously see that the procedure helped him in games 1-3. Game 2 being especially his best game. A game that saw Allen go off from 3 and the Lakers were still in position to win that game with minutes left. That said, the Lakers took 2 out of 3. After game 3 you see Bynums minutes, rebounds, FGA, and block shots go down. In Game 5 alone Bynum only had 1 rebound. The three straight games in Boston took its toll on Bynum's knee.

As for game 7, in a game where offense was at a premium, Rasheed Wallace gave the C's what Perkins would not... scoring. Sheed had the turn around jumper kissing glass and hitting the net all during the first half. Several times I thought Odom or Gasol had challenged really well and he still banked it in. Watch the film peeps.

The only thing I could say for the C's is that their rotation had to be adjusted for Game 7 with Perk going down. But who is to say Doc wouldn't have subbed in Sheed for Perks to get some more offense on the floor.

The Celtics lost Game 7 due to fatigue. The fouls they committed in the 4th were ones of tired legs. And when your legs go, you start reaching. The Lakers were tired as heck too. Kobe was panting pretty hard when he took his last free throws in that game. That game was just an all out brawl and the Lakers beat the C's at their own game.

I gained a lot of respect for the C's in that game. Took me back to the 80's lol But everyone has a right to their own opinion. I just believe the Lakers would have still won. Lots of what ifs though.

wallerstud06
01-07-2011, 12:02 PM
They still would have lost that series for 2 reasons only. 1) Bynum was in and out of the line up and barely played Games 6 & 7. So the Lakers did not have his presence in the paint as well, that is why Rondo and Pierce was constantly getting to the rim. 2) Kobe knee was completely done, he was playing on one leg and was winded. So Doc and Celtics are just full of excuses, remember The celtics never played the Lakers full starting 5 also.

Hustlenomics
01-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Perk and Bynum played today and Celtics outrebounded the Lakers

Raph12
01-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Arguable, he definitely would've helped though, that's for sure... Good to see that his confidence isn't shaken in the slightest after that injury.

Enemey
01-30-2011, 11:49 PM
If it wasn't for sheed early offense the celtics wouldn't have been up. I guess some people forgot how rasheed kept blocking Pau and scoring on him on the other end something Perkins never did in that series.

mbarajas138
01-30-2011, 11:56 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Bruno
01-31-2011, 12:00 AM
LOL @ this thread coming back.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

IDB Josh M
01-31-2011, 12:33 AM
We're still playing this game? Focus on this year you fake tough guy!

iggypop123
01-31-2011, 02:02 AM
i thought they locked this thread?

AlvaROD
01-31-2011, 02:55 AM
I disagree with Perkins, but I'm to tired to explain my reasons...

AlvaROD
01-31-2011, 02:57 AM
It's just something about "IF'S" I don't like talking about....

Iron24th
01-31-2011, 10:15 AM

And Perkins alone would have stopped a 22 points blowout in '10 game 6

Corey
01-31-2011, 11:17 AM
This thread has no business still being open.

Get over it guys.