PDA

View Full Version : Is Hedo back?

Gators123
01-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Hes been playing very well with Orlando so far. Last night he had a triple double

10 points
10 assist
14 rebounds
5 steals

I guess he just missed Orlando....

xabial
01-04-2011, 07:30 AM
I think so. Orlando was the last straw. It was safe to say his career was over, if he still struggled in orlando.

5ass
01-04-2011, 07:35 AM
hedo is shutting up every1 that talked **** about him last year

PennyMy#1
01-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Ball.

SteBO
01-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Orlando was simply the best system for him.

Freyakazoide
01-04-2011, 10:21 AM
ball! [2]

hahahha foshure.

S-Dot
01-04-2011, 10:42 AM
He may not be the 2009 orlando Hedo, but he also isnt the 2010 Toronto Hedo anymore either, which is really good.

Knickrocketsfan
01-04-2011, 10:43 AM
no he is not back... he never left, he playing his game and it just looks better around dwight

Rivera
01-04-2011, 11:01 AM
hedooooooo the turkish michael jordan has been ballin!!!!!!!!!!

good 2 see hedo back in orlando n playiin well

IndyRealist
01-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Orlando's system is custom tailored to Hedo's skillset. They suffered when he left, and he suffered when he left.

Weezy
01-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Yea he was just best in Orland under SVG. Glad he is doing well.

king4day
01-04-2011, 11:20 AM

He's actually just proving everyone right. He needs a system like Orlando to utilize his full potential.

ManRam
01-04-2011, 11:58 AM
I guess he's back in the sense that he's playing better...but his game never left, he's just allowed to play how he needs to in orlando to succeed. I never wanted him to leave and am stoked he's back. People hated on him so much lately to the point they were hating on what he did in 2008-2009...which is laughable. He was as valuable to our team as any other player was.

ragee
01-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Well, Orlando missed him as well!

smith&wesson
01-04-2011, 12:25 PM
hedo wanted the BALL.

now he has it and thats the difference. he wants to be the play maker on a team.

orlando was always the best fit for him

Flash3
01-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Ball.

king4day
01-04-2011, 12:38 PM
I wonder how he coulda done in Portland. Might have had success there too.

S-Dot
01-04-2011, 12:40 PM
I wonder how he coulda done in Portland. Might have had success there too.

I think he filled in the small forward position well, but with him, Andre Miller, and Brandon Roy I'm not sure if they would have clicked. Plus Aldridge deserves his touches too.

Stunner
01-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Fantasy team

ManRam
01-04-2011, 12:47 PM
I think he would have done better in Portland than Toronto. At least Portland has a big who can score down low and a PG who doesn't alway have the ball in his hand (his biggest problem in PHX). I think he and Roy could have co-existed well...but not as well as he fits in in Orlando.

Hedo does need the ball...but more importantly, he needs rhythm. You can't make him into a stand still shooter. You can expect him to be successful when he is infrequently and inconsistently being allowed to create. But when he's on an offense like Orlando that feeds off of team passing more than one person doing everything, and a team that can run the pick and roll with a bunch of different people...oh, and they have knock down shooters, well, that's just Hedo-heaven.

tbone2171
01-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Hes been playing very well with Orlando so far. Last night he had a triple double

10 points
10 assist
14 rebounds
5 steals

I guess he just missed Orlando....

I picked him up on my fantasy team right before yesterdays game :clap:

thekmp211
01-04-2011, 12:52 PM
hedo is who he is, he's just in a situation where he gets the ball in his hands and doesn't have to worry about proving himself. the magic need him on the floor, for better or for worse, and he is at his mediocre best when given a leading roll.

sweet triple double, though. how did he get 5 steals?

Flash3
01-04-2011, 01:00 PM
I think he would have done better in Portland than Toronto. At least Portland has a big who can score down low and a PG who doesn't alway have the ball in his hand (his biggest problem in PHX). I think he and Roy could have co-existed well...but not as well as he fits in in Orlando.

Hedo does need the ball...but more importantly, he needs rhythm. You can't make him into a stand still shooter. You can expect him to be successful when he is infrequently and inconsistently being allowed to create. But when he's on an offense like Orlando that feeds off of team passing more than one person doing everything, and a team that can run the pick and roll with a bunch of different people...oh, and they have knock down shooters, well, that's just Hedo-heaven.

bosh ?

ragee
01-04-2011, 01:05 PM

It could go either way... He could do better because Portland is a jump shooting team as well... They are also a good rebounding team that is similar to Orlando... However, Roy doesn't need the ball to be effective but WANTS the ball because he wants to be the play-maker... He already complained about Miller so I think he would have complained about Hedo if Hedo decided to go to the Blazers...

ks32
01-04-2011, 01:06 PM
bosh ?

pretty sure he's on miami not toronto..

Flash3
01-04-2011, 01:07 PM
pretty sure he's on miami not toronto..

im pretty sure he's refering to hedo when he was with the raptors which was last year when bosh was one.

ManRam
01-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Bosh doesn't score down low like Dwight does. Dwight never leaves the paint besides pick and rolls. Bosh took almost 8 shots a game outside of 10 feet, that's half his shots. He doesn't run the pick and roll well either at all...something that Hedo and Dwight, or just Hedo in general does very well. It just wasn't an offense conducive to Hedo's skills, especially with a PG like Calderon playing 27-28 minutes a game. Nelson can play off the ball, the PGs in PHX and TOR couldn't.

The chemistry of Dwight and Hedo is far better than anything Bosh established with him...for some obvious reasons. Watch how many oops the two get together.

albertc86
01-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Ever since Hedo left Orlando, he's been saying how he missed it, so his performance isn't really surprising to me.

FlakeyFool
01-04-2011, 01:45 PM

Funny cause Magic fans were also the ones hating on him.

ragee
01-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Funny cause Magic fans were also the ones hating on him.

Not all...

mvb815
01-04-2011, 02:22 PM
really? hedo would have been a better fit in portland than toronto? i'd like to ask the people who think that if they even watch basketball.

if roy without hedo is complaining about not handling the ball enough imagin the blazers with hedo? it was a disaster waiting to happen. in toronto he got more ball handling authority than in phoenix or would have in portland.

in reality, he isn't a good player, he played lazy on both teams, now back on the magic probably feels like he has something to prove.

Baller1
01-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Yeah he's back for sure. He should've never left Orlando, because his skillset is maxized in that system with those players.

ManRam
01-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Not all...

Yeah...not all. Some did, but every fan base is quick to throw it's players under the buss after they leave...they want to convince themselves they are better. Laker fans have done it with Ariza, and are coming full circle...etc, If you can find one post from the last year+ where I said I was happy he was gone or said that he wasn't an important piece of this team, let me know.

Chronz
01-04-2011, 03:21 PM
People calm down, he had a nice game but hes not turning into Hedo of old, if you look at his stats he wasnt all that different in Toronto. He wont sustain this current performance (career highs in efficiency, playmaking and rebounding)

Bob_at_york
01-04-2011, 04:07 PM
no he is not back... he never left, he playing his game and it just looks better around dwight

exactly. If you look at his numbers they are pretty similar to last year's numbers just he is shooting a higher percentage. That is probably because he gets the ball more and that helps him get into the flow of the game.