PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Major Busts of the 2010 Draft.

xabial
01-04-2011, 04:48 AM
Not all 1st round picks pan out. Predict who you think are major busts in the 1st round of the 2010 nba draft.

my picks..(feel free to bash)

1- 2nd pick Evan Turner
2-6th pick ekpe udoh
3- 9th pick Gordon Hayword
4- 11th pick cole adrich (i heard somewhere he could be the first rookie whose team took him out of the D-league because it was too much for him)

I know its unfair to judge picks on their first year but this is a fun thread. if they really do become busts you can say you called it first!

Bulls_fan90
01-04-2011, 05:11 AM
Landry Fields.

John Walls Era
01-04-2011, 05:28 AM
Not all 1st round picks pan out. Predict who you think are major busts in the 1st round of the 2010 nba draft.

1- 2nd pick Evan Turner
2-6th pick ekpe udoh
4- 11th pick cole adrich (i heard somewhere he could be the first rookie whose team took him out of the D-league because it was too much for him)

I know its unfair to judge picks on their first year but this is a fun thread. if they really do become busts you can say you called it first!

I'll call it 2nd: Landry Fields.

Great rookie campaign leads to a bust career.

CityofChaos
01-04-2011, 05:28 AM
How is Udoh a considered a bust this early? Hes been playing well for the Warriors since his return from injury and has stolen time from brandan wright. Hes a great hustler and good defender/ shot blocker. His stats dont do him justice at all...he produces.

DFROZE#1
01-04-2011, 05:58 AM
Evan Turner not saying he is going to be a horrible player, but I do not see him living up to the # 2 pick. I have been watching him since college and he is pretty slow and not explosive. I think he will be a decent player for 10 years, but not an all-star. I would compare him to Josh Howard or Caron Butler

xabial
01-04-2011, 06:26 AM
Evan Turner not saying he is going to be a horrible player, but I do not see him living up to the # 2 pick. I have been watching him since college and he is pretty slow and not explosive. I think he will be a decent player for 10 years, but not an all-star. I would compare him to Josh Howard or Caron Butler

I have a feeling igoudala is holding back evan from reaching his full potential.. As long as igoudala is on that team i dont think we will see the true evan.

Evolution23
01-04-2011, 06:41 AM
Landry Fields.

I agree Landry Fields is going to fall off soon. He will quickly become the worst player in the NBA

Kyben36
01-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Favors, I think he hast tallent, but he went 3rd overall, a place I think shoudl be a sure thing, and I could definitly see him not being a sure thing.
Cousins, is allreayd having trouble, for as talented as everyone made him out to be he hasnt played up to it.

DFROZE#1
01-04-2011, 06:49 AM

How can someone drafted in the 2nd round be considered a bust? Every team who drafts a player in th 2nd round is looking for a diamond on the rough. There were not high expectations for Fields so how can he be a bust? The sad part is he is playing better than Evan Turner

xabial
01-04-2011, 06:52 AM

yea i forgot to add John wall Great rookie year, but he's always injured.

xabial
01-04-2011, 06:55 AM
How can someone drafted in the 2nd round be considered a bust? Every team who drafts a player in th 2nd round is looking for a diamond on the rough. There were not high expectations for Fields so how can he be a bust? The sad part is he is playing better than Evan Turner

He's a Wall fan. Just look at his username. Probably mad landry keeps winning rookie of the month over wall because it seems like wall is always injured. Wall's actually more talented then Landry but he just cant get on the court. I guess thats something to be mad about.

As with the other guy that said Fields... He's a bulls fan.

DFROZE#1
01-04-2011, 07:49 AM
He's a Wall fan. Just look at his username. Probably mad landry keeps winning rookie of the month over wall because it seems like wall is always injured. Wall's actually more talented then Landry but he just cant get on the court. I guess thats something to be mad about.

As with the other guy that said Fields... He's a bulls fan.

I'm a Bulls fan too, but that has nothing to do with the fact that fields is in no way shape or form a bust. He is the steal of the draft. A 2nd round pick can never be considered a bust in the NBA. 90% of 2nd round picks do not produce as much as fields has in their entire career

DFROZE#1
01-04-2011, 07:56 AM
I have a feeling igoudala is holding back evan from reaching his full potential.. As long as igoudala is on that team i dont think we will see the true evan.

I would agree that igoudala is holding back turner to a degree, but I still do not think turner has superstar potential. He was a safe pick over cousins. I can see him maybe making a few allstar teams, but thats as good as it will get. The #2 pick should be a player that a team can build around and turner will never be that type of player. He might be a good second option at some point. The sixers are victims of a weak draft class and made the safe choice instead of taking cousins.

xabial
01-04-2011, 08:20 AM
I'm a Bulls fan too, but that has nothing to do with the fact that fields is in no way shape or form a bust. He is the steal of the draft. A 2nd round pick can never be considered a bust in the NBA. 90% of 2nd round picks do not produce as much as fields has in their entire career

idk i would think bulls fans hate the knicks the most.. :shrug:

I dont think they were serious about landry being a bust though. It makes no sense. Probably Just hating for no apperant reason. (Look at my Sig)

Heediot
01-04-2011, 09:55 AM

Can you even consider a second rounder a bust? Even if he is a career backup, that would not warrant him being a bust considering where he was picked.

Khalifa21
01-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Ekpe Udoh
Cole Aldrich

S-Dot
01-04-2011, 11:19 AM

1- 2nd pick Evan Turner
2-6th pick ekpe udoh

That Cole Aldrich thing is hilarious. But Udoh was the first person who came to mind for me, only because I thought Golden State should have picked Greg monroe.

StriveGreatness
01-04-2011, 11:20 AM
DeMarcus Cousins.

S-Dot
01-04-2011, 11:24 AM
DeMarcus Cousins.

at first i thought you put the whole sacramento team, which is funny. But Cousins is going to be a monster once he gets a coach he respects.

YankeeClipper5
01-04-2011, 11:31 AM
The Thread is asking for 1st round busts. Landry Fields was picked in the 2nd round.

DerekRE_3
01-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Favors, I think he hast tallent, but he went 3rd overall, a place I think shoudl be a sure thing, and I could definitly see him not being a sure thing.
Cousins, is allreayd having trouble, for as talented as everyone made him out to be he hasnt played up to it.

Cousins is rounding into shape, literally and figuratively. His defense is better and he's been way more patient on offense. His last game was just dominant.

The Kings have asked a lot of him very early in his career. They put a huge billboard of him and Tyreke in downtown Sac and put a huge picture of him on the side of Arco Arena, which was a huge mistake. Him getting booted out of practice stemmed from Westphal telling Cousins that because of those billboards that Cousins thought he was entitled, which Cousins then loudly protested to.

On the floor the Kings have looked to run the offense through him during crunch time, which most 20 year old centers don't have to deal with. He's also commanded double teams since he first stepped onto the floor. Now he's learning how to deal with them and with his passing ability and vision his ability to draw double teams is going to be huge as evidenced by his last game: 28 points 8 boards 6 assists and 13 points in the 4th quarter with a capable defender Marcin Gortat on him.

DerekRE_3
01-04-2011, 11:32 AM
at first i thought you put the whole sacramento team, which is funny. But Cousins is going to be a monster once he gets a coach he respects.

And that his teammates respect.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-04-2011, 11:33 AM
idk i would think bulls fans hate the knicks the most.. :shrug:

I dont think they were serious about landry being a bust though. It makes no sense. Probably Just hating for no apperant reason. (Look at my Sig)

I think he was being sarcastic, as fields is clearly a 2nd round pick who has already won rookie of the month twice.

mttwlsn16
01-04-2011, 11:44 AM
if injuries continue the way they have this year...john wall
also demarcus cousins

S-Dot
01-04-2011, 11:47 AM
if injuries continue the way they have this year...john wall
also demarcus cousins

both need better coaching

StriveGreatness
01-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Cousins would have been a beast for the Pistons but he will fail with the Queens....errrr...I mean Kings.

xbrackattackx
01-04-2011, 11:55 AM
both need better coaching

Yea just send John Wall and Cousins to...

Spurs
Lakers
Knicks
Heat
Boston
Mavs

With those veteran teams Cousins and Wall would fall right into shape. I would even like to say that if they went to the Spurs,Pop would have them playing better then ever.

alencp3
01-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Ekpe Udoh has been beast so far for Wariors in limited minutes. Cant really see him being a bust
Hayward from Utah, Aldrich for Thunder and maybe even Turner from 76ers are going to be busts
I can see Favors, George and Cousins having few all star games, and Aminu being a solid role player

Niro
01-04-2011, 01:05 PM
everybody who is saying udoh should start watching warriors game

i agree he was picked 3,4 picks early but until now he is no bust

LA_Raiders
01-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Turner needs more time IMO, he will not be Kobe, but he might be a rudy gay.

PurpleJesus
01-04-2011, 01:16 PM
dwayne collins

tbone2171
01-04-2011, 01:17 PM
I agree Landry Fields is going to fall off soon. He will quickly become the worst player in the NBA

Finally some common sense from a Knicks fan :laugh2:

Carey
01-04-2011, 01:32 PM

1- 2nd pick Evan Turner
2-6th pick ekpe udoh

Lol! He's in the D-league right now, averaging about 8 pts and 8 rebs per, He probably wont live up to being the 11th pick if thats what people care about. He's a big body, rebounds, plays D and blocks shots, he'll never be a scorer and maybe not even a starter for us, he'll do what we drafted him to do tho.

Lo Porto
01-04-2011, 01:34 PM
You can't ever call a 2nd round pick a bust. There are only like 50% of 2nd rounders who even play significant minutes in their entire career. If you add up all of the 2nd round Euro reaches that never even come over, it's unfair to call any 2nd rounder a bust. It's like calling a 4th or 5th round NFL pick a bust. It would be nice if they did something, but expectation levels are not that high.

SNYmets86
01-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Finally some common sense from a Knicks fan :laugh2:

if u didnt know he was being sarcastic :D

JDink24
01-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Turner will be a star in the league!! I've watched every game and while he has obviously struggled he has shown signs of brilliance. I honestly feel like it’s just a case of him having to come into his own in the NBA. In a few years he will be a star. I know I'm sounding like a homer but believe me there have been draft picks made by Sixers, Eagles, Ect. that after some time you just knew weren’t going to be anything special. I don’t get that at all with ET. I'm not saying he's going to be Kobe but I could see a Paul Pierce type career in his future.

Cano4prez
01-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Aldrich

FinsSuperBowl
01-04-2011, 04:00 PM
people said the same about iverson and igoudola, wow how history repeats itself

FinsSuperBowl
01-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Monroe, Turner, Babbit, Henry all will be busts

Aldrich- Centers take longer to develop

Hayward- Kind of reminds me of a jj reddick, how long did it take reddick to get consistent minutes in the leauge?

dtmagnet
01-04-2011, 05:09 PM

Both of those guys were all-stars so what are you saying?

DFROZE#1
01-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Both of those guys were all-stars so what are you saying?

Yeah butler made one allstar game and howard made the team after injuries from 2 other players opened up a spot. I mean Turner may make one or two allstar games, but that is not what teams expect coming from the #2 overall pick. So what I'm saying is he will not live up to the #2 overall pick

WHODAT8o8
01-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Gordon hayword is getting better

LakersA's49ers
01-04-2011, 07:43 PM
This was a weak draft. I think Wesley Johnson is a little underrated. I think Hayward was ovverated for a #9 pick. Small school, bad opponents, he just got a LITTLE lucky.

Klivlend
01-04-2011, 07:49 PM
^^^What's up with the butterfly crown sig?

llemon
01-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Too early to call him a bust, but Derrick Favors has been very disappointing thus far this season.

LakersMaster24
01-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Cole Aldrich...
Turner is not really a bust, he just wont live up to 2nd overall, he will be a good overall player. Something like Josh Howard, but with a better attitude.

FlakeyFool
01-04-2011, 08:52 PM

What a stupid analogy

I guess LeBron was destined to have a bust career after his great rookie campaign?

netsgiantsyanks
01-04-2011, 08:54 PM
ekpe udoh was a bust to begin with.

DwayneMVPwade
01-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Udoh. How the hell does he get drafted 6 overall?
Cousins. Future eddy Curry?, however I want to be proven wrong for this one because I like Cousins

netsgiantsyanks
01-04-2011, 09:00 PM
demarcus cousins can very well turn into a bust.

netsgiantsyanks
01-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Udoh. How the hell does he get drafted 6 overall? Cousins. Future eddy Curry?, however I want to be proven wrong for this one because I like Cousins

because the #6 pick belonged to the warriors. i.e. their FO is bad.

cargobox
01-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Landry Fields is the greatest player, what are you guys talking about him being a bust?

thekmp211
01-04-2011, 09:07 PM
probably the worst class since 2001. its all balancing on how fringe guys like wes johnson, cousins, turner, favors ect. turn out.

the jury's out on all those guys. i like wes and cousins, turner and favors not so much.

i think aldrich has much more bust upside than udoh or heyward. gordon's been playing well lately.

xabial
01-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Landry Fields.

Landry Fields is the greatest player, what are you guys talking about him being a bust?

I know Im a Fields fan and i know hes getting a lot of hype at the moment but there's no reason for that. Stop acting sarcastic and contribute to this thread or don't post at all.

Run&Gun
01-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Most of this draft class was pretty bad, so it will depend on how each turns out to really call each person a bust. I think only Wall possibly Cousins are gonna be stars but everyone else have role player written all over it. For everyone smashing on Cousins he's shown a lot of good game, he still has massive IQ problems but I think the worst he could turn out to be is like Zach Randolph.

I think bust will be Favors, Aldrich, Turner maybe Monroe and Udoh.
-Favors does not look very good at all, at the least he should be getting consistent blocks and rebounds but he's not even getting that.
-Turner looks ok, for someone who was suppose to have excellent IQ I would expect him to use the spacing on the floor better, but at least he's rebounding well will probably be the next Josh Howard.
-Monroe isn't as impressive as I thought he would be and being a Warriors fan not that sad that we didn't get him looks like he's gonna be a while before he becomes a starter very inconsistent.
-Udoh is doing well with limited minutes great hustle player but looks like he may just be a better Ronny Turiaf

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-04-2011, 10:07 PM
I think Aldrich will get better, he just needs mins

Shkelqim
01-04-2011, 10:09 PM
I would agree that igoudala is holding back turner to a degree, but I still do not think turner has superstar potential. He was a safe pick over cousins. I can see him maybe making a few allstar teams, but thats as good as it will get. The #2 pick should be a player that a team can build around and turner will never be that type of player. He might be a good second option at some point. The sixers are victims of a weak draft class and made the safe choice instead of taking cousins.

My friend this was the best pick. Just watch:D He shows signs of his potential, once he puts it together. You'll see.

LakersA's49ers
01-04-2011, 10:25 PM
yahhhhhh i live in the bay and i was shaking my head when udoh got drafted at 6. just look at previous #6 picks. 2003-Chris Kaman 2004-Josh Childress 2006-Brandon Roy 2008-Gallinari 2009-Jonny Flynn. That just shows that the 2010 draft was extremely weak. Im not saying that the 6 I named are superstars, but they are solid NBA players. (Flynn just came back from the D-League but he's still talented) BOYYYY how much Minny wished they got Curry over Rubio/Flynn though

DFROZE#1
01-04-2011, 11:52 PM
My friend this was the best pick. Just watch:D He shows signs of his potential, once he puts it together. You'll see.

I have watched for a long time being a bigten basketball fan and watching him play in the NBA so far. I think he will be a decent player just not what a team would like out of the #2 overall pick. It sucks that the sixers got such a high pick in a weak draft.

cargobox
01-04-2011, 11:55 PM
I know Im a Fields fan and i know hes getting a lot of hype at the moment but there's no reason for that. Stop acting sarcastic and contribute to this thread or don't post at all.

Yeah well Knicks fan should know that it is clear Blake Griffin should win Rookie of the Year anyway. Their excuses of "Second Round Pick" or "Winning team" is stupid. Yes, Landry Fields is a steal, but ROY is an individual award. Moreover, whoever gets first pick is most likely the worst team anyway, so just saying. Sorry for the sarcasm

iFYouSeekAmy
01-05-2011, 01:36 AM
Udoh is not a bust.

nolin
01-05-2011, 01:56 AM
Turner will be solid just needs time to adjust to the nba game. Derrick favors will be the #1 bust just is really raw. ..

xabial
01-05-2011, 02:09 AM
Yeah well Knicks fan should know that it is clear Blake Griffin should win Rookie of the Year anyway. Their excuses of "Second Round Pick" or "Winning team" is stupid. Yes, Landry Fields is a steal, but ROY is an individual award. Moreover, whoever gets first pick is most likely the worst team anyway, so just saying. Sorry for the sarcasm

Np if it counts for anything, i think Blake should receive it over Landry because the poster child is a beast. Record or how far down a player is picked doesn't apply to ROY, just overall health and production. It's always been that way.

Knicks fans just mad, blake's the only rookie outplaying Landry, :p and maybe just maybe Landry could've been ROY if Blake wasnt injured last year :shrug:

momoneyyyy
01-05-2011, 02:23 AM
udoh is not a bust he brings great energy and when he gets expierence and playing time his stats will also improve

krisxsong
01-05-2011, 02:56 AM
Too early to call him a bust, but Derrick Favors has been very disappointing thus far this season.

:facepalm:

Look at his numbers per 36 min and compare them to Dwight Howard, KG, and Amare their rookie years.

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2010/12/31/favors-nba-start-in-line-with-past-phenoms/

krisxsong
01-05-2011, 02:56 AM
udoh is not a bust he brings great energy and when he gets expierence and playing time his stats will also improve

well no duh he's not a bust, you can't be a bust after a few months of basketball.

people just think he will be a bust.

nastylikedwade
01-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Landry Fields should be rookie of the year, but Griffin will probably get it.

pebloemer
01-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Don't think the term bust applies to anyone that isn't a lottery choice.

Wall - should be great if he can stay healthy
Turner - doesn't look great in the early going, but role isn't clear either. Talented enough to be very good.
Favors - I've only seen a little of him, but I wasn't impressed. His fouling rate is problematic. It could limit him from reaching his potential. (bust alert for me)
Cousins - clearly talented. Could be perrenial all-star if attitude is in check Johnson -Similar to Turner, could be a very good player.
Udoh - I could see him being a strong defensive player and good role player
Davis - Strong defensive potential, should be good role player
George - Definitely some potential, but he made his way up the draft board quite quickly. I have a bust alert on him too.
Hayward - productive when he gets minutes. I see him as a strong role player under Sloan
Aldrich - Any lottery pick in D-League needs ot have bust alert on him.
Patterson - good player, possible NBA journeyman
Monroe - FT% concerns me, but should have every opportunity to learn and compete in Detroit
Aminu - Liked what I've seen. Could be 2nd or 3rd option on a winning team IMO.
Henry - Could be great role player.

Overall, if you are looking for stars in this rookie class, I think Cousins and Wall are the only players likely to get there. But I think we'll see many good players out of these selections. Cousins beign passed on could be the biggest regret in hindsight. Usually bust are compared to who could have been chosen instead, but with few stars, I don't think there will be too many "busts" in this draft class. Definitely no Milicics.

pebloemer
01-05-2011, 10:09 AM
:facepalm:

Look at his numbers per 36 min and compare them to Dwight Howard, KG, and Amare their rookie years.

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2010/12/31/favors-nba-start-in-line-with-past-phenoms/

It is all fine and good to make that comparison but it is a pretty one-sided article. The bias is obviously quite optimistic. What the article doesn't state is that Favors won't ever see 36 minutes if he continues to foul at his current rate. Also, while age is a factor, the players he is being compared to came straight from high school rather than having a year of college ball to aid development. Just changing number to per36 doesn't necessarily make a fair comparison in this case, just a favorable one.

And it is hardly a reason to facepalm a player being predicted to be a bust in a bust prediction thread...

ManOnFire
01-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Landry Fields should be rookie of the year, but Griffin will probably get it.

Lmao...thanks for the laugh.