PDA

View Full Version : Source: Carmelo Again Tells Denver He Will Not Re-Sign

JordansBulls
01-03-2011, 10:55 PM
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/david_aldridge/01/03/morning-tip-2010-countdown/index.html

Carmelo Anthony's army of leakers and whisperers put out the word that the Nuggets' franchise player and three-time All Star wants out of Denver, looking for a combo of superstars like Miami put together to play alongside for the next few years. Of course, when asked, 'Melo says he's just playing and isn't thinking about the future, which is absurd on its face, as he's left a $65 million extension on the table for months (and just, again, told the Nuggets last week that he had no intention of re-signing in Denver, according to a source.)

D1JM
01-03-2011, 11:03 PM
****en sources

Yanks All Day
01-03-2011, 11:11 PM
See, I dislike this more than I dislike the LeBron way of handling things. Basically, if this is true, Melo is saying "screw Denver, I have been mentally checked out for 2 years now." Denver actually has a lot of talent around Melo, too. Play out your contract, then make your free agent decisions. The leaks that he will only sign the extension if traded to NY and all that from the Melo camp are ridiculous and disrespectful to the Nuggets.

Khalifa21
01-03-2011, 11:13 PM
See, I dislike this more than I dislike the LeBron way of handling things. Basically, if this is true, Melo is saying "screw Denver, I have been mentally checked out for 2 years now." Denver actually has a lot of talent around Melo, too. Play out your contract, then make your free agent decisions.

At least by letting them know now, they can explore trade options and get something for him instead of letting him walk for nothing in the summer.

Rivera
01-03-2011, 11:14 PM
See, I dislike this more than I dislike the LeBron way of handling things. Basically, if this is true, Melo is saying "screw Denver, I have been mentally checked out for 2 years now." Denver actually has a lot of talent around Melo, too. Play out your contract, then make your free agent decisions.

but he has been playing out his contract hes just warning them now that he isnt going to sign him so try to get what you can now before you get nothing

no where in that source does it say to trade him to a specific team

thats just basically the way how i take it

iFYouSeekAmy
01-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Who would want an one-year rental ? Denver should ship him to Cleveland.

PC
01-03-2011, 11:17 PM
At least by letting them know now, they can explore trade options and get something for him instead of letting him walk for nothing in the summer.

This. LeBron let Cleavland know what, 30 minutes before his decision?

Regardless, this entire situation has gotten really redundant and irritating. We know Melo won't re-sign but this thing will still drag on for another month and a half...

Mplsman
01-03-2011, 11:18 PM
As if they did not hear you the first time, melo.

goblazers7
Sucks for denver since they're actually competing as of now. Great for my
Blazers, haha!

THE GIPPER
I wish they would say who these "sources" are.

Slimsim
01-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Just ship his *** to Jersey already

pistonsfanomg
01-03-2011, 11:23 PM
lol funny

shep33
01-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Honestly, looks like he just wants NYC... but a darkhorse can be the Lakers. I'm sure he wouldn't mind going there, and LA has the pieces to get him, but most likely it won't happen because LA would have to trade its size to get him.

dturpin598
01-03-2011, 11:28 PM
trade him to the wnba

daleja424
01-03-2011, 11:31 PM
1. He isnt telling denver this now for their benefit, he is doing it b/c he wants to get his extra 65 mil...and he can only do that if he is traded and signs his extension elsewhere.

2. Why do people keep saying that Cleveland didnt get anything for lebron. Miami traded 4 picks to the Cavs and they could have had Beasley as well if they wanted him.

Chi StateOfMind
01-03-2011, 11:32 PM
this is starting to get ridiculous screw melo ship him out already im tired of everyone kissin his *** and tryin to please his needs hop off his d*** and ship him out to where ever denver's FO wants 2

JOSKOMANG4
01-03-2011, 11:35 PM
With the Mavericks losing Caron Butler for the season, their desperate for another scoring option to go along w/Dirk!

4 way trade!

- Magic acquire C T.Chandler & 2012 1st rd pick(V/Kings).

C) Howard/Chandler/Orton
PF) Bass/Anderson/Allen
SF) Hedu/E.Clark
SG) J-Rich/Q-Rich
PG) Arenas/Duhon/Williams

- Nuggets acquire PF C.Landry, SG D.Stevenson, SG JJ Reddick, & C AJ Ainjca

C) Nene/Anderson/Ely
PF) Martin/Landry/S.Williams/Forbes
SF) Harrington/Balkman/Forbes
SG) Reddick/Smith/Affalo
PG) Billups/Lawson/Carter

- Kings acquire PG J.Nelson

C) Dalembart/Whiteside
PF) Thompson/Cousins/Jackson
SF) Casspi/D.Greene
SG) T.Evans/Garcia/J.Taylor/L.Head
PG) J.Nelson/Beno/P.Jeter

- Mavs acquire SF Melo

C/PF) Dirk/Haywood/Mahimmi
PF) Marion/Cardinal
SF) Melo/Novak/Butler(out)
SG) Terry/D.Jones
PG) Kidd/Beaubois/Barea

JerseysFinest
01-03-2011, 11:37 PM
I believe Denver is waiting until near the deadline to deal him to New Jersey, I am almost certain. Ujiri realizes the Nets are plummeting right now, and the further they fall, the better their 2011 draft pick will be. Combine that with the draft pick (s) acquired in the Vujacic deal, cash considerations, Troy Murphy, and Derrick Favors, and Mikhail Prokhorov and the crew are heading out in the G6 to Denver International to talk to the man himself

H Town Errthang
01-03-2011, 11:39 PM
Who Cares!!! Im sick of hearing about this guy!!!

aceindahole212
01-03-2011, 11:41 PM
He's going to Jersey, if he was he would of went already. He WILL NOT SIGN an extension with the Nets. Its common sense why would he leave the Nuggets who are competing to go to the Nets who are one of the worst teams in the NBA and sign an extension. Just use a little common sense and think about it. He is going to the Knicks one way or the other. He has all the leverage and we already seen the video of when he got told about the Nets. Its obvious that he has one place on his mind.

oak2455
01-03-2011, 11:45 PM
I believe Denver is waiting until near the deadline to deal him to New Jersey, I am almost certain. Ujiri realizes the Nets are plummeting right now, and the further they fall, the better their 2011 draft pick will be. Combine that with the draft pick (s) acquired in the Vujacic deal, cash considerations, Troy Murphy, and Derrick Favors, and Mikhail Prokhorov and the crew are heading out in the G6 to Denver International to talk to the man himself

it wouldve happened already....IMO:D

blacknell
01-03-2011, 11:46 PM
He has made up his mind he wants to be in NY

JerseysFinest
01-03-2011, 11:46 PM
He's going to Jersey, if he was he would of went already. He WILL NOT SIGN an extension with the Nets. Its common sense why would he leave the Nuggets who are competing to go to the Nets who are one of the worst teams in the NBA and sign an extension. Just use a little common sense and think about it. He is going to the Knicks one way or the other. He has all the leverage and we already seen the video of when he got told about the Nets. Its obvious that he has one place on his mind.

Contrary to the popular belief, the Nets are not a horrible team. Their roster is just very young and inexperienced, they lack a player to lead them and can score at will. When Vince Carter was a Net, he made the jobs of Devin Harris and Brook Lopez and the role players much easier, and as a result the Nets won more games. I expect the same effect with Carmelo on the roster. There is no evidence to support your claim he would not sign an extension with the Nets either. That video is entertaining the first time around lol, but think about it, if you've been traded without any knowledge you'd be taken aback also.

JerseysFinest
01-03-2011, 11:47 PM
it wouldve happened already....IMO:D

Nah bro, one of these days, or at the deadline at the latest.

aceindahole212
01-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Here is all the proof I need,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDw48rY_nW8

LMAOOOOOOOO. Does that look like someone that wants to play for the Nets. COMMON SENSE.

JerseysFinest
01-03-2011, 11:50 PM

LMAOOOOOOOO. Does that look like someone that wants to play for the Nets. COMMON SENSE.

you know what, your absolutely right dude :clap:

aceindahole212
01-03-2011, 11:53 PM
I mean if I was a Nets fan and I saw that Video I wouldn't want the guy on my team.

oak2455
01-03-2011, 11:55 PM

serious would you go there:confused:

Dade County
01-03-2011, 11:56 PM
2. Why do people keep saying that Cleveland didnt get anything for lebron. Miami traded 4 picks to the Cavs and they could have had Beasley as well if they wanted him.

Thank you sir :clap:

210Don
01-03-2011, 11:57 PM
at least melo is telling its bad but at least if they trade him the franchise will still be better off than if he leaves in free agency. man i though melo would never leave denver. gunna be weird when hes in another uniform

aceindahole212
01-03-2011, 11:58 PM
To further my point he has Billups, Martin, Nene, Harrington and J.R. Smith, what makes you think he is enticed by Lopez and Harris??? The Nets are just making themselves look like a desperate fat chick that doesn't take a hint that the popular guy in school doesn't want them. Rebuild through the draft and maybe use a pick to get a piece or two.

el_primo_nano
01-04-2011, 12:13 AM
See, I dislike this more than I dislike the LeBron way of handling things. Basically, if this is true, Melo is saying "screw Denver, I have been mentally checked out for 2 years now." Denver actually has a lot of talent around Melo, too. Play out your contract, then make your free agent decisions. The leaks that he will only sign the extension if traded to NY and all that from the Melo camp are ridiculous and disrespectful to the Nuggets.

at least they know where they stand in the negotiations unlike Queen James who screwed them and kept them in the dark up til "the Decision"

DoMeFavors
01-04-2011, 12:19 AM
To further my point he has Billups, Martin, Nene, Harrington and J.R. Smith, what makes you think he is enticed by Lopez and Harris??? The Nets are just making themselves look like a desperate fat chick that doesn't take a hint that the popular guy in school doesn't want them. Rebuild through the draft and maybe use a pick to get a piece or two.

Getting Melo, the Nets can still trade picks and Troy to get other pieces, look at the Celtics in 2007. He didnt want to sign an extension with the Celtics but they had a lot of pieces and picks to make trades for other players.

aceindahole212
01-04-2011, 12:21 AM
he doesn't want to play for the netsssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!

xxplayerxx23
01-04-2011, 12:25 AM
I want him on the knicks but watch him not get traded then there is a lockout and the new cba lowers thhe maxs and he screws himself over. that would be funny. anyway come join the knicks :D lmao

DoMeFavors
01-04-2011, 12:33 AM
he doesn't want to play for the netsssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!

Okay next time you talk to Melo on the phone tell him I said Hi. :facepalm:

John Walls Era
01-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Should've told them at the beginning of the year... even though the whole world already knew. 2 logical choices: Nets or Knicks.

Ty Fast
01-04-2011, 12:35 AM
he sounds like a broken record

Ty Fast
01-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Should've told them at the beginning of the year... even though the whole world already knew. 2 logical choices: Nets or Knicks.

the nets have a better offer on the table via trade, but if he does not have an extention signed by july 1 and he hits the open market he will sign in new york. then the knicks will trade fields, felton, picks, money, ect to new orleans for cp3.

knicks_champ
01-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Why are people hating on Melo. He is not the one saying all these things to the media. It's the SOURCES!!

aceindahole212
01-04-2011, 12:53 AM
Domenofavors you obviously didn't see the video where they told him he was traded to the Nets. Go to the first or second page of the thread and that's how you know he doesn't want to come to Jersey.

SouthSideRookie
01-04-2011, 12:56 AM
:horse:

Rndy
01-04-2011, 12:59 AM

I agree **** Melo for giving his team time to get a package for him before he leaves. He should wait towards the end of the off season and then decide to leave the Nuggets.

Kashmir13579
01-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Just ship his *** to Jersey already

this

PC
01-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Domenofavors you obviously didn't see the video where they told him he was traded to the Nets. Go to the first or second page of the thread and that's how you know he doesn't want to come to Jersey.

Please don't tell me you're still talking about the reaction video lol

I'm not saying that he does or doesn't want to go to NJ but what I am saying is that you shouldn't read too much into that clip

BklynKnicks3
01-04-2011, 01:18 AM
Melo in NJ would b cruel this season in toilet and another season i Nj were no1 cares if not more. Then when Nets do come to BK no1 really know what to expect.

DoMeFavors
01-04-2011, 01:21 AM
Melo in NJ would b cruel this season in toilet and another season i Nj were no1 cares if not more. Then when Nets do come to BK no1 really know what to expect.

I think it would be cool the rivalry in NYC, ESPN and TNT would hype up Amare vs Melo..it would be a good rivalry..the Knicks would obviously have the better fans but I think thats something a lot of people would want to see. Plus NYK if they dont get Melo will get a FA this Summer anyway with Currys expiring. It would be a good rivalry!

Chill_Will_24
01-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Please don't tell me you're still talking about the reaction video lol

I'm not saying that he does or doesn't want to go to NJ but what I am saying is that you shouldn't read too much into that clip

Thank you sir. You and SlimJim or whatever his name is are a credit to Knicks fans. Everytime I see some blabbering idiot bring up that video its like dam I can't even respond with how stupid he makes himself look. If some random guy at work told me I had been fired i would be beyond shocked. Melo looked up shocked as soon as he heard the guy say the words "it's official you've been traded..." then he asked who to make sure he heard correctly... There's nothing to see there...

Chill_Will_24
01-04-2011, 01:37 AM

Am I the only one who struggles to read your posts? Try to take your time man. I can't tell if your posts are questions or declarative statements... :pity:

Chill_Will_24
01-04-2011, 01:49 AM
Melo is an idiot. He showed his hand in this poker game. He accidentally made it obvious he wants that extension badly. Now he has to accept a trade wherever that may be. The whole "he wont re sign with NJ" thing is stupid! NJ wouldn't even be in this discussion if his motivation was winning. He don't give two ****s about winning! That argument is posed under the assuption that NY is a contender with him there which is not a given. Why would best offensive team in the NBA need another scorer for the starting lineup when their bench is what hurts them most games? Camby+Mayo+Flynn would make you guys dangerous. Not Melo. Melo says all he cares about is playing and winning cuz he has an image to preserve but that **** don't care about winning which is why I'm angry that my Nets are trying to gut their team for him. I need a new squad. Anyone taking apps? Lol

effen5
01-04-2011, 02:22 AM

Umm there is a big difference from what the Lebron did compared to what Melo doing....

If Lebron told the Cavs early in the season he wasn't going to re-sign with the Cavs, the Cavs could have traded Lebron and tried to unload their big contracts for some actual potential superstars and picks....

Not just 4 picks and hope they get lucky on one of the picks....

This is what Denver is trying to do...Melo has made it clear he doesn't want to re-sign with the Nuggets and now the Nuggets are trying to get the best pieces for Melo.

What Lebron did was he completely screwed the Cavs future by what he did. The Cavs could have picked up a young star and could have started to build around him this year. Instead, Cavs have a bunch of old timers and mediocre players with no one to build around.

effen5
01-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Contrary to the popular belief, the Nets are not a horrible team. Their roster is just very young and inexperienced, they lack a player to lead them and can score at will. When Vince Carter was a Net, he made the jobs of Devin Harris and Brook Lopez and the role players much easier, and as a result the Nets won more games. I expect the same effect with Carmelo on the roster. There is no evidence to support your claim he would not sign an extension with the Nets either. That video is entertaining the first time around lol, but think about it, if you've been traded without any knowledge you'd be taken aback also.

Look what the Knicks did in one summer, they went from a bottom feeder team, picked up Amare, and became an exciting team.

How does anyone know if Melo can have the same effect on the Nets? I think Melo on the Nets would make them a very dangerous team.

FlashMacker
01-04-2011, 02:31 AM
trade him to the wnba

:laugh:

Kenny
01-04-2011, 02:33 AM
Those saying the cavs would of traded lebron are nuts. Unlike Denver the cavs 2 years in a row had the best record in the nba becaose of Lebron. They were never going to get close to equal value so why not try and go for a championship. That was a different situation. Denver is getting older with Billups and who knows about how long Karl will coach and they are not getting out of the west.

effen5
01-04-2011, 02:37 AM
Those saying the cavs would of traded lebron are nuts. Unlike Denver the cavs 2 years in a row had the best record in the nba becaose of Lebron. They were never going to get close to equal value so why not try and go for a championship. That was a different situation. Denver is getting older with Billups and who knows about how long Karl will coach and they are not getting out of the west.

I disagree, if Lebron came out last year and said he wasn't going to re-sign, I think they would have attempted to trade him last year...

The whole situation last year was completely ****ed up, the fact that Lebron leaving a top 3 eastern conference is just crazy, and everyone just assumed Lebron was going to come back. Cavs were really in a lose lose situation last year.

Kenny
01-04-2011, 02:40 AM
I disagree, if Lebron came out last year and said he wasn't going to re-sign, I think they would have attempted to trade him last year...

The whole situation last year was completely ****ed up, the fact that Lebron leaving a top 3 eastern conference is just crazy, and everyone just assumed Lebron was going to come back. Cavs were really in a lose lose situation last year.

you can't trade him when you have the best record in the NBA. If anything that would make me want to go all out at the deadline and go for a championship since once you trade Lebron the chances of you winning one is very slim. Lebron wanted to go to free agency unlike Carmelo which is a big difference.. Honestly the lebron situation was completely different then this melo thing.

effen5
01-04-2011, 02:44 AM
you can't trade him when you have the best record in the NBA. If anything that would make me want to go all out at the deadline and go for a championship since once you trade Lebron the chances of you winning one is very slim. Lebron wanted to go to free agency unlike Carmelo which is a big difference.. Honestly the lebron situation was completely different then this melo thing.

I see what you were saying...Cavs were really in a lose-lose situation.

Dade County
01-04-2011, 02:45 AM
I think it would be cool the rivalry in NYC, ESPN and TNT would hype up Amare vs Melo..it would be a good rivalry..the Knicks would obviously have the better fans but I think thats something a lot of people would want to see. Plus NYK if they dont get Melo will get a FA this Summer anyway with Currys expiring. It would be a good rivalry!

It's about winning rings........... What's the point of creating this so called rivalry, if it does not put you in position to goto the finals? It seems like to me (but I could be wrong) you just want a almost super star on your team just to say you have one. You will win a couple of games but Melo will not put you over the top and your franchise will not be-able to put pieces around him, because the crazy denver nuggets are asking for 5 damn 1st rd picks; the league is too water down (not enough star players), their is no real help out their, just think about it. If it's not about rings, it don't make sense.

Ny Jersey will have a good team, if they can get Melo, but thats all. Boston, Miami, Orlando, Chicago are the teams that you will have to get by for the next 2 to 4 yrs. Even if boston fades and superman leaves the magic, Miami & Chicago are going to be too strong for Melo and water down teammates.

I am not bashing, just sharing my thoughts.

hotpotato1092
01-04-2011, 02:59 AM
Even as a Knicks fan I can say I don't like the way Carmelo's handling this. Don't let this get out to the media. If he's hellbent on the Knicks, just tell the Nuggets "look, I've enjoyed my time here but I'm going to move on at the end of the season, I'll play hard for you until my contract expires but I am going to leave in a year so plan accordingly". He's turning this into a media circus. Why can't superstars just show class.

Dade County
01-04-2011, 03:00 AM
What Lebron did was he completely screwed the Cavs future by what he did. The Cavs could have picked up a young star and could have started to build around him this year. Instead, Cavs have a bunch of old timers and mediocre players with no one to build around.

Who says LBJ signs the extension if he is traded to another team(here we go all over again)?...........
You even said it, LBJ wanted to go into free agency (in one of your later post).

Teams would be stupid to give up so much, just to have the player walk. LBJ would have token his *** right down to south beach as soon as the season ended.

PC
01-04-2011, 03:46 AM
Look what the Knicks did in one summer, they went from a bottom feeder team, picked up Amare, and became an exciting team.

How does anyone know if Melo can have the same effect on the Nets? I think Melo on the Nets would make them a very dangerous team.

I see what you're trying to get at and I agree to an extent but it wasn't just Amare; we added Felton and Fields who have been huge for us and Chandler's quietly having an excellent year.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-04-2011, 03:54 AM
Carmelo will be a knick 1 way or another but the problem with denver is they can't accept it .........they said amare and melo talk everday about him joining the knicks if melo stick to his guns everything will fall in place......real talk

xabial
01-04-2011, 04:10 AM
You can go around in circles debating this, where he's going to go.. etc.

I think he's knick-bound.

John Walls Era
01-04-2011, 04:21 AM
IMO what Melo is doing is more annoying than Lebron. At least Lebron gave fan bases hopes (Cavs too). Melo is just killing the Nuggets fans.

iggypop123
01-04-2011, 04:39 AM
the knicks shouldnt worry too much. plan b im sure is varejo and boobie gibson. not bad, that would help depth immensely.

abe_froman
01-04-2011, 04:45 AM
IMO what Melo is doing is more annoying than Lebron. At least Lebron gave fan bases hopes (Cavs too). Melo is just killing the Nuggets fans.

it was false hope though.so you'd rather be lied to and the news of leaving(and never had a chance to change that)coming out of left field.then being upfront about the whole thing,giving you time to come to grips with it(and maybe allow for your franchise to plan for a future without you and not one that they planned on having that player in it)?

now melo isnt doing this to be a nice guy and leave better than lebron did,its just an effect of it

SteBO
01-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Carmelo will be a knick 1 way or another but the problem with denver is they can't accept it .........they said amare and melo talk everday about him joining the knicks if melo stick to his guns everything will fall in place......real talk
That just means Denver's in for a rude awakening.

S-Dot
01-04-2011, 09:57 AM
This Melo situation is just starting to become really tired really fast. I feel like NBA fans have had enough of this after this past summer.

BklynKnicks3
01-04-2011, 09:58 AM

Melo wants a chance at a Chip going to NJ with Andre Miller or someone on that level will make Nets a borderline playoff team, with this season in the trash. On the Knicks he makes Us a 50 win team of the Jump n a few small pieces and we are a contender. Let be serious here ofcourse he cares about winning

Heediot
01-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Carmelo is playing his cards in a way where he can benefit most. He will not tell the Nuggets that he will re-sign untill the last possible minute when he has no choice but to accept the guaranteed max contract. The cba issue has a lot of effect on this situation. Melo wants to leave while re-signing with max miney. he just won't say either way. By not stating that he won't re-sign maybe he will get raded with max money to a team or destination of choice. This is all strategic on his part.

Hindy27
01-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Melo wants a chance at a Chip going to NJ with Andre Miller or someone on that level will make Nets a borderline playoff team, with this season in the trash. On the Knicks he makes Us a 50 win team of the Jump n a few small pieces and we are a contender. Let be serious here ofcourse he cares about winning
The Knicks will have to trade for him though, so in the end they'll need a bit more than a few pieces to be a contender.
IMO there is no chance that he's going to wait until the off season, too much money would be left behind. So the Knicks will either have to outbid the Nets, or if he doesn't want to sign with the Nets, then the Knicks will still need to outbid teams that will take him for rental. So they'll have to give up something. Although I still don't think rental will happen as he'll want that extra cash.

Then apparently the Knicks are going to get CP3, even though they'll already have 2 players on $20+mil, and the cap looks to be coming down as well. So if NY get their big 3 they are going to have to be very clever and creative.

nycericanguy
01-04-2011, 10:27 AM

well NY did more than just add Amare, they also signed the best FA PG available who is an all-star caliber PG this season, they also got lucky and got Fields at#38 who has been the best rookie of the 2010 class so far.

And with all that they still figure to be somewhere around a 45 win team so its not like they are title contenders. And NY was a bad team but they weren't as bad as NJ has been the last 2 seasons, its one thing for NY to go from 30 wins to say 45 this season, but NJ was a 12 win team and are not looking much better this season. You'd be asking Melo to add 30+ wins to NJ just to get them to .500!

No doubt Melo will probably help NJ get 10-20 more wins, but even that would only put NJ at around .500 at best.

I personally have changed my stance and come to the conclusion that Harris & Lopez are overrated and not as good as they were made out to be. If they are so good and NJ has a great PG and a great center in the east they should at bare minimum be the 8th seed.

swinjas
01-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Honestly, looks like he just wants NYC... but a darkhorse can be the Lakers. I'm sure he wouldn't mind going there, and LA has the pieces to get him, but most likely it won't happen because LA would have to trade its size to get him.

no we wont , we could ship ron , luke , extension of sasha about
i think , and some picks and surely they will take it but mitch will get it done maybe for less !!

m26555
01-04-2011, 10:34 AM
i think , and some picks and surely they will take it but mitch will get it done maybe for less !!
Why would Denver do that deal?

S-Dot
01-04-2011, 10:37 AM

In order to get Melo (and possibly another player with him) you have to give up both Ron Ron and Bynum. I don't think Denver will entertain anything less than that, which isnt a terrible deal IMO for the Lakers

ttam68
01-04-2011, 10:42 AM
This isn't news. Thats like announcing Lebron wouldn't resign in March

Knickrocketsfan
01-04-2011, 10:48 AM
I dnt get why ppl think they know what melo is thinkin.. Melo might got to the nets, and if he does who cares. The fact is you cannot rule out the nets. IMO i think that his sisters death will factor into his thinking some way... Of course I want melo on my team as a knick fan, but stop with the melo threads and everyone focus on their own teams and players

nycericanguy
01-04-2011, 10:56 AM
I dnt get why ppl think they know what melo is thinkin.. Melo might got to the nets, and if he does who cares. The fact is you cannot rule out the nets. IMO i think that his sisters death will factor into his thinking some way... Of course I want melo on my team as a knick fan, but stop with the melo threads and everyone focus on their own teams and players

says the guy posting in the Melo thread

Isn't the whole point of these forums to discuss and speculate?

Mcdoh
01-04-2011, 11:10 AM
i bet it will be a surprise where melo goes...

lvlheaded
01-04-2011, 11:11 AM
It doesnt matter how many times he says it, this thing still isnt gonna end until February 24th 10 minutes before the deadline

BigBlueCrew
01-04-2011, 11:13 AM
it was false hope though.so you'd rather be lied to and the news of leaving(and never had a chance to change that)coming out of left field.then being upfront about the whole thing,giving you time to come to grips with it(and maybe allow for your franchise to plan for a future without you and not one that they planned on having that player in it)?

now melo isnt doing this to be a nice guy and leave better than lebron did,its just an effect of it

Bingo!!!!

I guess some people still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

BringBackOakley
01-04-2011, 11:37 AM
It's a business. Melo has every right to pass on an extension with Denver if it's not his preference. The rest is media speculation, who claim to have sources, which they may or may not have. Their job is to sell newspapers and get eyeballs to TV. All Melo has done is not sign an extension, which means that he's leaving his options open. And what's wrong with that? Same goes for signing an extension with a team he doesn't want to be on. Why would he ever do that? He's not a commodity, he's a person.

JonnyBrav000
01-04-2011, 11:44 AM
With the Mavericks losing Caron Butler for the season, their desperate for another scoring option to go along w/Dirk!

4 way trade!

C) Howard/Chandler/Orton
PF) Bass/Anderson/Allen
SF) Hedu/E.Clark
SG) J-Rich/Q-Rich

C) Nene/Anderson/Ely
SG) Reddick/Smith/Affalo

C) Dalembart/Whiteside
SF) Casspi/D.Greene

- Mavs acquire SF Melo

PF) Marion/Cardinal
SG) Terry/D.Jones
PG) Kidd/Beaubois/Barea

This is a dumb trade, how is it that you have the Mavs getting Melo, but not giving up anything to get him. The kings are giving up too much also, this would never work. Unless teams wanted to do a favor for the Mavs because they feel bad that butler is out for the year. I expect to see Melo in a Knicks Uni sometime this year. Chandler or Gallinari, a future 1st rd pick, Tony Douglas, Shawne Williams or Turiaf and Eddie Curry's expiring for Melo and a filler.

Knicks are the only team he will sign with, however I do think the lakers could also get him if they tried.

Knickrocketsfan
01-04-2011, 12:03 PM
says the guy posting in the Melo thread

Isn't the whole point of these forums to discuss and speculate?

:clap::clap::clap::rolleyes:

Chill_Will_24
01-04-2011, 12:04 PM
My opinion on Melos priorities:

1: move close to home where his family has just suffered a loss and his wifes career might blossom.

2: sign that extension! He wants that money. Make no mistake, there are no "taking a pay cut so he can play with good players" type deals with him. Based on his own comments he wants that extension more than we know.

3: Play for the Knicks since they are already winning and have Amare.

In a perfect world the Knicks wouldn't have traded all their picks and would be able to compete with NJs offer and he would've been a Knick long ago. I don't buy that whole "Denver doesn't wanna deal with NY cuz they tampered" thing. Denver just wants multiple picks which NY doesn't have. Also if you think that Melo would seriously not take a compromise in NJ to fulfill his top priorities of moving back home and signing the ext just so he can play for the Knicks then idk what to say... Melo WILL be traded by the deadline to who knows where but this idea that Melo is really just a competitive guy who only wants to win is just idiots feeding into the messages that his PR people want to send out. He has an image to preserve. Lebron us only surviving the hits he took to his image because he's an amazing player. Melo? Not so much...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-04-2011, 12:07 PM

He is playing out his contract... wich is why he hasn't been traded yet, he's actually been pretty proffessional about the whole situation. Would you rather Melo put on a 1 hour special on ESPN on saying where he would like to go? And by you saying Melo has checked out this season and last, you obviously haven't watched him play this season, or last.

masalex1205
01-04-2011, 12:15 PM

4 way trade!

C) Howard/Chandler/Orton
PF) Bass/Anderson/Allen
SF) Hedu/E.Clark
SG) J-Rich/Q-Rich

C) Nene/Anderson/Ely
SG) Reddick/Smith/Affalo

C) Dalembart/Whiteside
SF) Casspi/D.Greene

- Mavs acquire SF Melo

PF) Marion/Cardinal
SG) Terry/D.Jones
PG) Kidd/Beaubois/Barea

:facepalm:

stoopboy45
01-04-2011, 12:22 PM
This. LeBron let Cleavland know what, 30 minutes before his decision?
Regardless, this entire situation has gotten really redundant and irritating. We know Melo won't re-sign but this thing will still drag on for another month and a half...

Actually it was 5 mins before "The Decision" and he did not even talk to them himself. He had one of his flunkies make the call.....what a man!!!!

Young and Stupid
01-04-2011, 12:45 PM
My opinion on Melos priorities:

1: move close to home where his family has just suffered a loss and his wifes career might blossom.

2: sign that extension! He wants that money. Make no mistake, there are no "taking a pay cut so he can play with good players" type deals with him. Based on his own comments he wants that extension more than we know.

3: Play for the Knicks since they are already winning and have Amare.

In a perfect world the Knicks wouldn't have traded all their picks and would be able to compete with NJs offer and he would've been a Knick long ago. I don't buy that whole "Denver doesn't wanna deal with NY cuz they tampered" thing. Denver just wants multiple picks which NY doesn't have. Also if you think that Melo would seriously not take a compromise in NJ to fulfill his top priorities of moving back home and signing the ext just so he can play for the Knicks then idk what to say... Melo WILL be traded by the deadline to who knows where but this idea that Melo is really just a competitive guy who only wants to win is just idiots feeding into the messages that his PR people want to send out. He has an image to preserve. Lebron us only surviving the hits he took to his image because he's an amazing player. Melo? Not so much...

Of course it's pointless to speculate on Carmelo's so-called "priorities" with no direct connection to his line of thinking, but if we're going to do it I'd have to strongly disagree with your list. I'd say his first priority is to win in a big-market, which Denver doesn't qualify as. Second to that, would be getting as much money as possible. That money doesn't have to just result from a contract, it can also come from endorsements which could conceivably grow in a larger-market. Then somewhere down on the list is pleasing La La which would mean playing in a market such as New York, Chicago, LA, Houston, Dallas, etc. I wouldn't necessarily say that "play for the Knicks" is one of his priorities, I'd just say that the Knicks fit most, if not all, of his needs.

I still don't think it's a lock that he'll be traded before the deadline, I think it's an unfair claim to make. Obviously, only time will tell.

I also disagree with a lot of the assertions -- which lack empirical evidence and logic -- about Anthony.

ragee
01-04-2011, 01:16 PM
How are the Denver fans taking these? Is he getting booed?

BklynKnicks3
01-04-2011, 01:59 PM
The Knicks will have to trade for him though, so in the end they'll need a bit more than a few pieces to be a contender.
IMO there is no chance that he's going to wait until the off season, too much money would be left behind. So the Knicks will either have to outbid the Nets, or if he doesn't want to sign with the Nets, then the Knicks will still need to outbid teams that will take him for rental. So they'll have to give up something. Although I still don't think rental will happen as he'll want that extra cash.

Then apparently the Knicks are going to get CP3, even though they'll already have 2 players on $20+mil, and the cap looks to be coming down as well. So if NY get their big 3 they are going to have to be very clever and creative.

dont need cp3 more important fill needs and add size. But Melo is a must with out Melo we will be the Hawks for 5 years

BklynKnicks3
01-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Are Nets fans that blind i fu are NBA star would u settle for playin for a 9-25 team when free agency so close. Lets be real here Melo can afford to lose a few million in his contract he can get those Millions back in endorements. I can see alot of thing happen with him n Amare as a team endorsement wise

ks32
01-04-2011, 02:10 PM
the nets have a better offer on the table via trade, but if he does not have an extention signed by july 1 and he hits the open market he will sign in new york. then the knicks will trade fields, felton, picks, money, ect to new orleans for cp3.

nahhh they love felton and hes doing justtttttt fine right now

AddiX
01-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Will you guys please stop with the idea Melo is not going to get an extension and will wait till the off-season. If anyone really believes that, I'm more than willing to sig bet.

Melo wants his $.

Chill_Will_24
01-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Of course it's pointless to speculate on Carmelo's so-called "priorities" with no direct connection to his line of thinking, but if we're going to do it I'd have to strongly disagree with your list. I'd say his first priority is to win in a big-market, which Denver doesn't qualify as. Second to that, would be getting as much money as possible. That money doesn't have to just result from a contract, it can also come from endorsements which could conceivably grow in a larger-market. Then somewhere down on the list is pleasing La La which would mean playing in a market such as New York, Chicago, LA, Houston, Dallas, etc. I wouldn't necessarily say that "play for the Knicks" is one of his priorities, I'd just say that the Knicks fit most, if not all, of his needs.

I still don't think it's a lock that he'll be traded before the deadline, I think it's an unfair claim to make. Obviously, only time will tell.

I also disagree with a lot of the assertions -- which lack empirical evidence and logic -- about Anthony.

Pointless as it may be it's even more pointless for ppl to be dissin my Nets by bringing up ridiculous assumptions. I actually can't disagree with you about the winning in a large market thing which explains the Bulls being speculated also so thats actually a very plausible theory. However that's not the argument that is being posed by ppl on here. What i keep reading most is that the Nets suck and aren't that good with him. How he would never play in Newark. Your theoretical version of his priorities seem to make more sense than mine I guess...

BklynKnicks3
01-04-2011, 04:55 PM
If Melo excepted a trade to the Nets he would be a luaghing stock to his peers. They are all playing for chips while he has to put a team on his back just to make the playoffs. 5 year from now there will be like5 power house teams with superstar combos and iam almost 100% sure Knicks will be one of them. Nets just dont make any sense from a basketball standpoint and Carmelo wants to win dont fool yourselves.

xabial
01-04-2011, 04:58 PM
dont need cp3 more important fill needs and add size. But Melo is a must with out Melo we will be the Hawks for 5 years

I agree, but you make it sound like its a really bad thing. :laugh:

Still, Dont forget the Hawks took the celtics to seven games in 2008!

Crackadalic
01-04-2011, 05:04 PM
I agree, but you make it sound like its a really bad thing. :laugh:

Still, Dont forget the Hawks took the celtics to seven games in 2008!

yea in 08 but its 11 and the team will not be title contenders anytime soon unless they make a big trade. the knicks need melo and some few pieces to at least contend for a title

harm0n1x
01-04-2011, 05:07 PM
F@#$ Melo.

Chill_Will_24
01-04-2011, 05:14 PM
If Melo excepted a trade to the Nets he would be a luaghing stock to his peers. They are all playing for chips while he has to put a team on his back just to make the playoffs. 5 year from now there will be like5 power house teams with superstar combos and iam almost 100% sure Knicks will be one of them. Nets just dont make any sense from a basketball standpoint and Carmelo wants to win dont fool yourselves.

You know what's a laughing stock? Your spelling and grammar. I know this isnt school but at least try to make your posts easy to comprehend. I mean damn!

Slimsim
01-04-2011, 05:27 PM
the knicks shouldnt worry too much. plan b im sure is varejo and boobie gibson. not bad, that would help depth immensely.

THis but instead of Gibson get Varjeao and Mayo. Move fields and Gallo/Chandler to the bench.

PG felton
SG Mayo
SF Chandler/Gallo
PF Amare
C Varejao

Becnh

Gallo/Chandler
Fields
Turiaf
Toney
Shawn Williams

That's a pretty good team IMO

Tmath
01-04-2011, 05:28 PM
WOW didn't see that one coming :rolleyes:

shep33
01-04-2011, 05:33 PM
I think the only teams that can get him are the Knicks and the Lakers.. Lakers could give the best deal for him, and I'm pretty sure he'd sign an extension with LA, however, the Lakers wouldn't want to give up all their size.

bolts4ever
01-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Actually postedt this in Laker,forum

3 team trade

Lakers get: Devin Harris+ Carmelo Anthony

Nets get: Pau Gasol+ J.R Smith+Luke Walton

Nuggets get: Derrick Favors+Shannon Brown+Troy Murphy(11mil exp contract)+sasha vujacic(5.4 mil trade exeption)+ two 1st rd pks (1 from NJ & 1 future from LA)

Chill_Will_24
01-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Actually postedt this in Laker,forum

3 team trade

Lakers get: Devin Harris+ Carmelo Anthony

Nets get: Pau Gasol+ J.R Smith+Luke Walton

Nuggets get: Derrick Favors+Shannon Brown+Troy Murphy(11mil exp contract)+sasha vujacic(5.4 mil trade exeption)+ two 1st rd pks (1 from NJ & 1 future from LA)

WTF? I bet the LA forum loved that idea. So the Nets give up Harris, Sasha, Troy AND Favors and don't even get a supertar in the deal? Ok you should be Lakers gm...

shep33
01-04-2011, 06:26 PM
WTF? I bet the LA forum loved that idea. So the Nets give up Harris, Sasha, Troy AND Favors and don't even get a supertar in the deal? Ok you should be Lakers gm...

Yeah Lakers own that trade... In reality though, if the Lakers were to give up Bynum or Odom, they could get Melo... don't think LA wants to do that though.

Dade County
01-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Yeah Lakers own that trade... In reality though, if the Lakers were to give up Bynum or Odom, they could get Melo... don't think LA wants to do that though.

I'm guessing it will take Bynum +Odom or Artest and a 2nd to get that deal done. (Bynum is in the deal no matter what)

I have a feeling that Melo is staying in the west.

bolts4ever
01-04-2011, 06:45 PM

1.)Actually laker nation hated it!!

2.) Sasha's Vujacic 5.4 trade exeption would be coming from LA not NJ

3.) If you guys arent gonna get Melo, Gasol would by far be the next best player you could aquire. Hes pretty darn close to a superstar himself. Plus J.R Smith is no scrub. Your telling me you guys as a nets fan wouldnt take this over what,you've been getting.

PG) Farmar
SG) J.R Smith
SF) Travis Outlaw
PF) Pau Gasol
C) Brook Lopez

Pretty darn good team

tr3ymill3r
01-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Let's put all the speculation to rest...here's what is going to happen...Once the deadline creeps up closer the Nuggets will approach Melo and say give us a list of teams we can negotiate with in which you'd sign an extension with. From that point the Nuggets will contact each team and say what's your offer and from there they will use other teams as leverage in order to get the best deal. As of right now we've heard New York, New Jersey, Chicago, Orlando, Houston, both LA's and probably other teams that I'm missing as all possible places for him to land. Denver doesn't want to have a LeBron saga on their hands where they get nothing in return, and Melo is smart enough to realize that with the CBA and a potential lock out it's in his best interest to sign an extension with whomever he's traded to.

DwayneMVPwade
01-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Feel bad for Denver. Ill take favors and 1st rd pick for carmelo. Denver make it happen.

Chill_Will_24
01-04-2011, 10:12 PM
1.)Actually laker nation hated it!!

2.) Sasha's Vujacic 5.4 trade exeption would be coming from LA not NJ

3.) If you guys arent gonna get Melo, Gasol would by far be the next best player you could aquire. Hes pretty darn close to a superstar himself. Plus J.R Smith is no scrub. Your telling me you guys as a nets fan wouldnt take this over what,you've been getting.

PG) Farmar
SG) J.R Smith
SF) Travis Outlaw
PF) Pau Gasol
C) Brook Lopez

Pretty darn good team

Hell no!!! Id rather keep playing horrible and have a chance at Kyle Irving, Harrison Barnes or Perry Jones! That was a horrible trade idea! Just stop it. Any Nets fan that likes that idea is an idiot.

yanks08
01-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Hell no!!! Id rather keep playing horrible and have a chance at Kyle Irving, Harrison Barnes or Perry Jones! That was a horrible trade idea! Just stop it. Any Nets fan that likes that idea is an idiot.

dude whats with ur sig????

how old are you??? 11???? gay!!! lol

JordansBulls
01-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Not sure why it is taking soo long. The longer the wait, the worse the packages will be.

iggypop123
01-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Not sure why it is taking soo long. The longer the wait, the worse the packages will be.

part of its a stuborness that melo will just say a healthy nuggets team is his best option but he knows even when healthy the nuggets are a 2nd round team at best.

JordansBulls
01-07-2011, 09:43 AM
part of its a stuborness that melo will just say a healthy nuggets team is his best option but he knows even when healthy the nuggets are a 2nd round team at best.

Denver's situation could end up being worse than Orlando when they let Shaq walk for free.

cheetos185
01-07-2011, 10:50 AM

young roster? you would have to give up favors harris and 2-3 picks whats left after that a no rebounding C and scrubs in morrow outlaw

ManRam
01-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Denver has to move him sooner rather than later. The team looked like they knew he was one foot out the door last night. The looked uninspired, selfish, played no defense and just looked lazy. He's becoming detrimental to this team...and frankly, I'm impressed Karl has been able to keep the ship sailing for this long.

Sucks for Denver. They got close, but never were able to get over the hump, and now their best player has been stirring up the pot all season. They're in a ****** situation.

And to whoever made that 4-team trade...there is no way Orlando gives up Redick and Nelson for a backup center (even though Chandler is great), and I highly doubt Dallas is looking to move Chandler. Nelson and Redick play 60+ minutes a game. Chandler would probably play 10 a game...not worth it.

cheetos185
01-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Denver has to move him sooner rather than later. The team looked like they knew he was one foot out the door last night. The looked uninspired, selfish, played no defense and just looked lazy. He's becoming detrimental to this team...and frankly, I'm impressed Karl has been able to keep the ship sailing for this long.

Sucks for Denver. They got close, but never were able to get over the hump, and now their best player has been stirring up the pot all season. They're in a ****** situation.

And to whoever made that 4-team trade...there is no way Orlando gives up Redick and Nelson for a backup center (even though Chandler is great), and I highly doubt Dallas is looking to move Chandler. Nelson and Redick play 60+ minutes a game. Chandler would probably play 10 a game...not worth it.

denver hasn't done much to build stacked team like lakers dallas and than the miami big 3 happened competition is getting better each year can't expect to be stuck in that one year they went to WCF billups is on wrong side of his 30's kmart and nene have been injury prone instead of bring more size at PF/C they signed al buckets melo said it himself he wants to win so i think he will test FA that way the team he wants to go to doesn't have to gut there roster like denver is demanding

JordansBulls
01-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Denver has to move him sooner rather than later. The team looked like they knew he was one foot out the door last night. .

Totally agree. Now it seems like Melo is just blowing off that team.

SteBO
01-07-2011, 02:14 PM

Melo looked pissed all night. Those last two losses were inexusable in my opinion. Word is Nuggets/Nets are back in serious discussions, so something may happen soon. :pray:

KingPosey
01-07-2011, 02:26 PM

Really? U dislike Melo being honest and upfront? He could not tell them anything and then hold a 1 hour special where they find out with the rest of the world. Ya LBJ handled it much better.

All Melo is doing is being honest. And why should he sign a 65 million dollar deal with a 5th seed team thats aging and injured when he can go somewhere else with a young team and make another 50 million?

SteBO
01-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Really? U dislike Melo being honest and upfront? He could not tell them anything and then hold a 1 hour special where they find out with the rest of the world. Ya LBJ handled it much better.

All Melo is doing is being honest. And why should he sign a 65 million dollar deal with a 5th seed team thats aging and injured when he can go somewhere else with a young team and make another 50 million?

I see what you're getting at. But Melo needs to stfu, stop being a diva, and play b-ball for Denver instead of handcuffing the organization. LeBron still handled the situation worse, though. Whoever argues that isn't very bright.

KingPosey
01-07-2011, 02:33 PM
i disagree. He is averaging 28 ppg over the last few weeks

KingPosey
01-07-2011, 02:36 PM
I see what you're getting at. But Melo needs to stfu, stop being a diva, and play b-ball for Denver instead of handcuffing the organization. LeBron still handled the situation worse, though. Whoever argues that isn't very bright.

ya he could be quiet. But are they asking him and he is just responding to their questions?

nysportsfan02
01-07-2011, 02:48 PM

How is Melo acting like a diva?

Not once did he come out and say I "I want to go to the Knicks or w/e"...everything has been "sources" over and over again. Being a diva would be sitting out and not playing and forcing a trade. He is still playing hard. It's not his fault , he wants to keep his options open but Denver offered him an extension when he rather go somewehere else.

meloman1592
01-07-2011, 02:53 PM
i disagree. He is averaging 28 ppg over the last few weeks

Its been a lazy 28 though. Hes just been shooting with no bounce in his step. A motivated melo could avg 35

J4KOP99
01-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Can someone find me a quote where Carmelo has said anything about wanting to be traded or where he would want to go?

People are complaining about how he is handling the situation... why not call out the media for turning what is a highly respected craft into a ****ing JR. High gossip game.

These people continue to call themselves journalists but most have turned into nothing more than a blogger with "sources."

cheetos185
01-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Can someone find me a quote where Carmelo has said anything about wanting to be traded or where he would want to go?

People are complaining about how he is handling the situation... why not call out the media for turning what is a highly respected craft into a ****ing JR. High gossip game.

These people continue to call themselves journalists but most have turned into nothing more than a blogger with "sources."

x2 not once did melo whine trade me to knicks he only said i will only sign extension with the knicks to let other teams know not to waste time

Chill_Will_24
01-07-2011, 03:45 PM
x2 not once did melo whine trade me to knicks he only said i will only sign extension with the knicks to let other teams know not to waste time

:pity: He never said that either. That was also sources... Lots of Knicks fans wanna believe that but so far the only direct quote from Melo relevant to the issue is when he implied how important the extension is to him when he said the extension woul be the first thing that would be handled no matter where he goes. He also said before he's not leaving any money on the table cuz you don't that where he's from. I don't feel like looking for sources cuz I'm sure someone else here will be nice enough. I'm too lazy.

That being said of course he's keeping quiet on his wishes! It's all sources because he has an image to preserve. He speaks thru his agents who speak thru "sources close to the situation who will remain anonymous because they aren't authorized to speak on the issue".

Who KNOWS what the truth anymore. We can all just speculate cuz it's fun. So I'll say it again. Melo wants his money and would accept the Nets as a compromise but only as a last minute on the deadline type of thing. It's a game of chicken and Melo will probably lose. Denver stands to lose a lot but in perspective Denver losing their star that prolly won't win them a title, and losing some money from attendance dropping, is not as Melo losing an opportunity to move home, to not get his money, his wife's career not taking flight, and not getting more endorsements.

arkanian215
01-07-2011, 04:49 PM

The only team that his reps have told not to waste their time was Charlotte.

Charlotte Bobcats owner Michael Jordan was interested in making an offer to acquire Carmelo Anthony(notes) from the Denver Nuggets until, sources said, the All-Star forward informed Jordan through a representative that he had no interest in playing for the struggling Bobcats or signing a contract extension with them.http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ar1lsB5m0UzMnrsgNLAaKtO8vLYF?slug=mc-afterthebuzzer123110

No "source" has said that Melo informed the Nets that he had no interest in playing for them. If Melo completely ruled out the Nets, then wouldn't you think that he would've informed them (via a rep) by now?

LA_Raiders
01-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Trade him sooner rather than later and get some value now...

Giaps
01-07-2011, 06:13 PM
I don't want to upset Nets fans here but the facts are that the Nets are 10-25, the 5th worst team in the league and I don't get why Melo would go there. He can get the same money and stay on a better team in Denver.

godolphins
01-07-2011, 06:38 PM
They better trade him quick to get some value

Tick tock tick tock

cheetos185
01-07-2011, 06:56 PM
The only team that his reps have told not to waste their time was Charlotte.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ar1lsB5m0UzMnrsgNLAaKtO8vLYF?slug=mc-afterthebuzzer123110

No "source" has said that Melo informed the Nets that he had no interest in playing for them. If Melo completely ruled out the Nets, then wouldn't you think that he would've informed them (via a rep) by now?

didn't espn report that melo is not signing the extension unless traded to knicks

Young and Stupid
01-07-2011, 07:02 PM
I don't want to upset Nets fans here but the facts are that the Nets are 10-25, the 5th worst team in the league and I don't get why Melo would go there. He can get the same money and stay on a better team in Denver.

Well, if the Nets give up as much as is being reported than I would have to agree. However, if the Nets could get away with just giving up Favors, Murphy and a couple picks then it's a different situation. The Nets offer a lot more upward-mobility than the Nuggets, they play in a larger-market (or will in two years) and could potentially be more of a lure for other star-players.

I still think he'll end up on the Knicks, but one could easily make the case that the Nets are a viable option as long as they don't completely destroy the structure of the team and give away all of their assets while acquiring Melo.

cheetos185
01-07-2011, 07:03 PM
:pity: He never said that either. That was also sources... Lots of Knicks fans wanna believe that but so far the only direct quote from Melo relevant to the issue is when he implied how important the extension is to him when he said the extension woul be the first thing that would be handled no matter where he goes. He also said before he's not leaving any money on the table cuz you don't that where he's from. I don't feel like looking for sources cuz I'm sure someone else here will be nice enough. I'm too lazy.

That being said of course he's keeping quiet on his wishes! It's all sources because he has an image to preserve. He speaks thru his agents who speak thru "sources close to the situation who will remain anonymous because they aren't authorized to speak on the issue".

Who KNOWS what the truth anymore. We can all just speculate cuz it's fun. So I'll say it again. Melo wants his money and would accept the Nets as a compromise but only as a last minute on the deadline type of thing. It's a game of chicken and Melo will probably lose. Denver stands to lose a lot but in perspective Denver losing their star that prolly won't win them a title, and losing some money from attendance dropping, is not as Melo losing an opportunity to move home, to not get his money, his wife's career not taking flight, and not getting more endorsements.

alright so it's ok to believe on this fake nets denver and other three team deals but it's fake when espn says melo only wants to sign with knicks lol maybe nets fan are forgetting that he wants to win also and he's not gonna win it there nobody came to nets when they capspace with #3 lottery pick harris and lopez nobody wants to play in newark even if for 1 year good luck to you guys when you move to brooklyn till than no star player is coming there

cheetos185
01-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Well, if the Nets give up as much as is being reported than I would have to agree. However, if the Nets could get away with just giving up Favors, Murphy and a couple picks then it's a different situation. The Nets offer a lot more upward-mobility than the Nuggets, they play in a larger-market (or will in two years) and could potentially be more of a lure for other star-players.

I still think he'll end up on the Knicks, but one could easily make the case that the Nets are a viable option as long as they don't completely destroy the structure of the team and give away all of their assets while acquiring Melo.

thats the problem they are desperate and denver knows it how important is it for nets to get star player to attract fans when they move to brooklyn

Young and Stupid
01-07-2011, 07:12 PM
thats the problem they are desperate and denver knows it how important is it for nets to get star player to attract fans when they move to brooklyn

Obviously, but so are the Nuggets. Assuming he doesn't get sent to the Knicks or Mavs it's going to come down to a game of chicken between King and Ujiri.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Im kinda curious on something, let's say the nets
do get Melo. Who would they trade him for??
n what would their lineup be??

Knicks to me is the best fit for him
Melo-Amare-Chandler-Felton is a badass line up

Chill_Will_24
01-07-2011, 07:24 PM
alright so it's ok to believe on this fake nets denver and other three team deals but it's fake when espn says melo only wants to sign with knicks lol maybe nets fan are forgetting that he wants to win also and he's not gonna win it there nobody came to nets when they capspace with #3 lottery pick harris and lopez nobody wants to play in newark even if for 1 year good luck to you guys when you move to brooklyn till than no star player is coming there

With each passing day the odds look better for the Knicks but it's ignorant to imply that he won't come to the Nets cuz he wants to win. Get real man. Is he wanted to win so bad we wouldnt be having this convo cuz he could stay in Denver and have a better shot; or the Mavs to contend. He's a loser with talent. He doesn't care about winning. He wants to win but it's not a priority. His team got blown out by the Kings last night. All these rumors are a distraction to the team and if he cared he would come out and be clear of his intentions. If he had told his team it was Knicks or bust then the trade would have happened already cuz even if the have to swallow their pride and deal with NY they will cuz they don't wanna lose Melo for nothing. People that say he'll never come to NJ are ignorant as hell cuz the ONLY legitimate reason I can think of why he wouldnt consider them is cuz they play in Newark. Winning is not a factor. Even Melo is intelligent enough to realize that he fits in perfect with them and they would be a lot better with him. You NEED a superstar in this league to win.

Chill_Will_24
01-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Im kinda curious on something, let's say the nets
do get Melo. Who would they trade him for??
n what would their lineup be??

Knicks to me is the best fit for him
Melo-Amare-Chandler-Felton is a badass line up

Gallo and Chandler would both be a part of the deal along with possibly Fields. Knicks have no picks so they have to make up for it with players.

blahblahyoutoo
01-07-2011, 07:31 PM
lol, knicks fans defending melo because they know he wants to sign with NY.

oak2455
01-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Gallo and Chandler would both be a part of the deal along with possibly Fields. Knicks have no picks so they have to make up for it with players.

I heard they are trading the GARDEN TOO:rolleyes:

godolphins
01-07-2011, 07:54 PM
lol, knicks fans defending melo because they know he wants to sign with NY.

They think every big players want to sign with them

blahblahyoutoo
01-07-2011, 08:15 PM
With each passing day the odds look better for the Knicks but it's ignorant to imply that he won't come to the Nets cuz he wants to win. Get real man. Is he wanted to win so bad we wouldnt be having this convo cuz he could stay in Denver and have a better shot; or the Mavs to contend. He's a loser with talent. He doesn't care about winning. He wants to win but it's not a priority. His team got blown out by the Kings last night. All these rumors are a distraction to the team and if he cared he would come out and be clear of his intentions. If he had told his team it was Knicks or bust then the trade would have happened already cuz even if the have to swallow their pride and deal with NY they will cuz they don't wanna lose Melo for nothing. People that say he'll never come to NJ are ignorant as hell cuz the ONLY legitimate reason I can think of why he wouldnt consider them is cuz they play in Newark. Winning is not a factor. Even Melo is intelligent enough to realize that he fits in perfect with them and they would be a lot better with him. You NEED a superstar in this league to win.

detroit.
pistons.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-07-2011, 09:08 PM
They think every big players want to sign with them

Like who?? (Im a Okc fan)

godolphins
01-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Like who?? (Im a Okc fan)

Kobe(when he wanted a trade),Wade, Lebron, Bosh, Tony Parker(before signing the extension) Durant(Before the extension if they didn't sign Lebron), Chris Paul and Carmelo.

BrettFarve0
01-07-2011, 09:14 PM
I think he ends up on the Lakers.

ldawg
01-07-2011, 09:31 PM
I hope he end up on Lakers

oak2455
01-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Kobe(when he wanted a trade),Wade, Lebron, Bosh, Tony Parker(before signing the extension) Durant(Before the extension if they didn't sign Lebron), Chris Paul and Carmelo.

its usually what most fans hope for.. to get the best players and have a good team......BTW tell Tony I said hi:D

Kenny
01-07-2011, 10:10 PM

lmao no they don't. Nobody gives a crap about the nets in new york. Like Carmelo said it's like the nets are the clippers here. Heck nobody gave a crap when the Nets were making the NBA finals and the Knicks were terrible. Thats just facts.

bholly
01-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Detroit as the third team is the latest rumour:

WASHINGTON -- The Nets are trying to involve the Pistons in a three-team deal that would bring Carmelo Anthony to New Jersey, league sources said.

In the complicated scenario that’s being discussed, the Nets would send Derrick Favors, Devin Harris and at least two first-round picks to Denver and Troy Murphy’s expiring contract to the Pistons. In return, the Nets would get Anthony and Chauncey Billups from the Nuggets and likely Richard Hamilton from the Pistons, who are looking to shed salary. Hamilton has two years and $25 million remaining on his contract.

There are many more players involved to make the salaries match, but this is one of multiple things the Nets are discussing in an effort to land Anthony. They also are trying to trade with Denver straight up for the All-Star small forward.

The Nuggets have a standing offer of Favors, Murphy and at least two first-round picks. But if something like that happens it may not be until around the Feb. 24 trade deadline. The Nuggets don’t want to pay Murphy’s salary right now but may be more willing when less is owed to him.
Source: http://www.northjersey.com/sports/010911_Nets_try_to_involve_Pistons_in_three-team_trade_for_Carmelo_Anthony.html

sintaks12
01-07-2011, 10:20 PM
It's all about teaming up with another star or two. Celtics. Lakers. And now the Heat. You don't think Melo sees how successful the Heat are now? Cmon guys. You think that toast at Melo's wedding was a joke? On the surface, sure. But you know they're trying to make it happen. Why wouldn't they? Bron, Wade and Bosh manipulated the system. Melo doesn't want to get left behind. It seems so obvious to me. No one knows what he's thinking for sure, but the writing is on the wall as far as I'm concerned. Of course I could be wrong, but why leave for a rebuilding team? It just doesn't make sense.

NYsFinest
01-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Melo will enjoy playing for a team that lost to the Wizards and Wolves by a combined 35 points this week.

Gators123
01-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Detroit as the third team is the latest rumour:

Source: http://www.northjersey.com/sports/010911_Nets_try_to_involve_Pistons_in_three-team_trade_for_Carmelo_Anthony.html
:pray:

bholly
01-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Sources confirm Bergen Record report that NJN/DEN/DET discussing complicated 3-team deal that would land Billups and Rip WITH Melo in Jersey
Source: http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

Gators123
01-07-2011, 10:39 PM
As a Pistons fan, I would love to see a Rip and Billups backcourt again.

NYsFinest
01-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Billups/Farmar
Hamilton/ Morrow
Melo/Outlaw
Humphries
Lopez/Petro

Not sure if that's even a playoff team in the East. Chauncey and Hamilton are on a serious decline.

Gators123
01-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Farmar/Uzoh
Hamilton/ Morrow
Melo/Outlaw
Harrington/Humphries
Lopez/Petro

Not sure if that's even a playoff team in the East.

They get Billups too.

DoMeFavors
01-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Billups/Farmar
Hamilton/ Morrow
Melo/Outlaw
Humphries
Lopez/Petro

Not sure if that's even a playoff team in the East.

How wouldnt that be a playoff team? are you serious? Melo and Rip can score the ball and Billups is a great pg. That is probably a 5th seed at the start of a season.

NYsFinest
01-07-2011, 10:44 PM
They get Billups too.

I fixed it, doubt they get Harrington in that scenario then, not that he really helps.

bholly
01-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Billups/Farmar
Hamilton/ Morrow
Melo/Outlaw
Humphries
Lopez/Petro

Not sure if that's even a playoff team in the East. Chauncey and Hamilton are on a serious decline.

It is.

bholly
01-07-2011, 10:47 PM
I fixed it, doubt they get Harrington in that scenario then, not that he really helps.

Harrington wasn't mentioned in the article. But it's not like Harrington is some awesome asset that the Nets really want - he gets included so that Denver can dump his salary for the rebuilding process.

nycericanguy
01-07-2011, 10:48 PM
How wouldnt that be a playoff team? are you serious? Melo and Rip can score the ball and Billups is a great pg. That is probably a 5th seed at the start of a season.

def a playoff team and probably 5 or 6 seed. But you have two guys at the end of their careers, will Melo sign up for that? I mean I'm sure thats part of the reason he wants to leave DEN in the first place, he knows Billups is on his last legs and they can't compete with younger teams like MIA.

DoMeFavors
01-07-2011, 10:50 PM
def a playoff team and probably 5 or 6 seed. But you have two guys at the end of their careers, will Melo sign up for that? I mean I'm sure thats part of the reason he wants to leave DEN in the first place, he knows Billups is on his last legs and they can't compete with younger teams like MIA.

Not sure good point but doesnt Rips huge contract expire the year Dwight and CP3 are free agents and Brooklyn is there. It wouldnt be a terrible situation.

NYsFinest
01-07-2011, 10:50 PM

Not this year they aren't, the Nets are 16 games under .500. Next season Billups will be 35 and Hamilton will be well on his way to 34.

DoMeFavors
01-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Not this year they aren't, the Nets are 16 games under .500. Next season Billups will be 35 and Hamilton will be well on his way to 34. Unless their name is Garnett, Allen and Pierce you can't have 2 of your 3 main players be 34+.

Nets are 4 games out of the playoffs if the deal happends soon they probably get into the playoffs and all that matters is the playoffs in this league.

jason17
01-07-2011, 10:54 PM
My Dream senario would be for Melo to come to washington and join John Wall!!! but that will never happen. Itd be great because alot of talks are that the washington Bullets name can be back soon.

NYK|NYY
01-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Not sure good point but doesnt Rips huge contract expire the year Dwight and CP3 are free agents and Brooklyn is there. It wouldnt be a terrible situation.

So he would have to wait two years? And the motivation is the off chance Chris Paul and/or D12 LEAVE their respective franchises to sign with the Nets. Oh boy.

NYsFinest
Nets are 4 games out of the playoffs if the deal happends soon they probably get into the playoffs and all that matters is the playoffs in this league.

5, and I think towards the end of the season the 8th seed will have 38-39 wins at least... in order for the Nets to achieve that they need to play .630 ball the starting tomorrow. The Nuggets have played under .600 with Melo.

nycericanguy
Not this year they aren't, the Nets are 16 games under .500. Next season Billups will be 35 and Hamilton will be well on his way to 34.

Thats another thing for Melo to consider, if he agrees to go to NJ this season might be a lost season, NJ is 16 games under .500 and we are almost half way through. NJ would struggle to get an 8th seed this season and even if they did they'd only be making a date with MIA or BOS.

Pretty much would be a lost season for Melo.

DoMeFavors
01-07-2011, 10:57 PM
So he would have to wait two years? And the motivation is the off chance Chris Paul and/or D12 LEAVE their respective franchises to sign with the Nets. Oh boy.

No the monivation is the chance to play with Billups and Rip who have won a ring before, to get his money without the new CBA and I am saying Rip is old now but in 2 years his contract is up and there are a lot of good free agents that off season similar to 2010.

Gators123
01-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Not going to happen now.

Chris Iott
Nets wanted Pistons to give up 1st-round pick along with Richard Hamilton in exchange for Troy Murphy and Johan Petro. #Pistons #Nets

Chris Broussard
Three-way between Den, NJ and Det not happening, at least not in it's current form

No way we give up a first rounder and take Petro

nycericanguy
01-07-2011, 11:00 PM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
As @Al_Iannazzone wrote, NJ-DET talked as part of Melo 3way. Talks died when NJ wanted DET 1st rounder AND dump Petro on them, sources say.

NYsFinest
01-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Lol Pistons first rounder is top 10.... and Nets want it AND to dump a 3 year 10 million dollar bum on them in order to take a 2 year 25 million dollar deal off their hands?

DoMeFavors
01-07-2011, 11:02 PM
why would Nets need another pick? Now nets are being gready they have a bad team so why try to trade troy murphy and petro for rip and 1st? thats terrible. It would just be Troy and DJames for Rip.

nycericanguy
01-07-2011, 11:03 PM
I dunno, all these NJ trades always end up dying over some silly reason, just doesn't make sense. Somethings sooo up!

DwayneMVPwade
01-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Too bad. Would of been nice to see Melo as a Nugget

NYsFinest
why would Nets need another pick? Now nets are being gready they have a bad team so why try to trade troy murphy and petro for rip and 1st? thats terrible. It would just be Troy and DJames for Rip.

They probably wanted to send the pick to Denver because Denver wants to clean out the Nets.

DoMeFavors
I dunno, all these NJ trades always end up dying over some silly reason, just doesn't make sense. Somethings sooo up!

maybe the deal gets "done" then they ask Melo if he likes that team and would sign and he declines...it seems like Nets are trying to get any stars in deals.

210Don
01-07-2011, 11:07 PM
id love new jersey in the playoffs. melo rip and chauncey omg and brook staying too wow.

nycericanguy
01-07-2011, 11:07 PM
maybe the deal gets "done" then they ask Melo if he likes that team and would sign and he declines...it seems like Nets are trying to get any stars in deals.

I don't know, but I can't remember a team ever trying to trade for a player so long and having supposedly been close to a deal so many times over so many months... just seems odd.

Flash3
01-07-2011, 11:12 PM
id love new jersey in the playoffs. melo rip and chauncey omg and brook staying too wow.

doesn't really "wow" me.

Slimsim
01-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Why not Trade Murphy and petro for Rip ? Asking for Detroit lottery pick is a turn off to them

DoMeFavors
01-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Hey Net fans (the few that there are). He's not going to your team, EVER. 0% chance.

Stop hating, just like LeBron, Dwayne Wade, Joe Johnson, Bosh there was 0 chance. Its going to be the same with Carmelo Anthony for you guys and when thats over you will move onto CP3 then when that doesnt happen its going to be Dwight Howard.

Ronniebasco15
01-07-2011, 11:17 PM

but what do you think a team will be willing to trade for a rental?????:mad:

The Dream
01-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Stop hating, just like LeBron, Dwayne Wade, Joe Johnson, Bosh there was 0 chance. Its going to be the same with Carmelo Anthony for you guys and when thats over you will move onto CP3 then when that doesnt happen its going to be Dwight Howard.

How was i hating?

does the truth bother you?

lol wade, lebron, JJ, Bosh all didn't want to go here. Melo does. there's a big difference

NYsFinest
01-07-2011, 11:19 PM

Pretty sure the zero chance thing still applies, since none of them went to NJ. Plus Nets fans have wanted every single free agent that the Knicks fans have so once the Melo thing is done (regardless of who gets him) you guys will also still be pulling for Paul and when that doesn't happen, Howard...

DoMeFavors
01-07-2011, 11:22 PM
How was i hating?

does the truth bother you?

lol wade, lebron, JJ, Bosh all didn't want to go here. Melo does. there's a big difference

Says who the Knick fans who "believe" and brain wash themselves to cheer these guys? Or Chris Sheridan the only guy reporting about Melo and Knicks? who happends to be the biggest Knicks homer? There have been 0 reports about Melo and Knicks.

Flash3
01-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Hey Net fans (the few that there are). He's not going to your team, EVER. 0% chance.

Please don't spew negativity towards a fanbase i mean what did the nets do to you ?

Slimsim
01-07-2011, 11:24 PM

How can you be so sure ?

DoMeFavors
01-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Why do i feel like im talking to a 13 year old nets fan?

Bobcats have 0 chance..Melo told them no..has he told Nets no? Also have Nets stoped persuing him? No, which must mean something. I am not even close to sure he will go to the Nets but they are in talks with Denver daily.

The Dream
01-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Please don't spew negativity towards a fanbase i mean what did the nets do to you ?

i wasn't being negative ... saying there's a 0% chance of it happening imo is being negatiVe?

Chill_Will_24
01-07-2011, 11:29 PM
How can you be so sure ?

I love some of you Knicks fans. My opinions have definitely been changed thanks to you and a couple of other NY fans like Weezy. Objective Knicks fans are a breath of fresh air...

Chill_Will_24
01-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Why do i feel like im talking to a 13 year old nets fan?

:sigh: ok...

DoMeFavors
01-07-2011, 11:32 PM
I love some of you Knicks fans. My opinions have definitely been changed thanks to you and a couple of other NY fans like Weezy. Objective Knicks fans are a breath of fresh air...

For some reason every Knick fan hates the Nets and their fans for some reason? I dont know why? When the Nets were a great team with RJ, Kidd and VC were Nets fans disrespectful to you guys?

Slimsim
01-07-2011, 11:33 PM

I seen my team suck *** for 10 years. No way I'm going to be little another Team.

Gators123
01-07-2011, 11:34 PM
I seen my team suck *** for 10 years. No way I'm going to be little another Team.

:clap:

Flash3
01-07-2011, 11:35 PM
i wasn't being negative ... saying there's a 0% chance of it happening imo is being negatiVe?

its the way you worded your post.

Chill_Will_24
01-07-2011, 11:39 PM
:hi5:

:hi5: :cheers:

Chill_Will_24
01-07-2011, 11:43 PM
For some reason every Knick fan hates the Nets and their fans for some reason? I dont know why? When the Nets were a great team with RJ, Kidd and VC were Nets fans disrespectful to you guys?

Not all of them. Some of them are classy as ****. I'm starting to just ignore the ones like that one that's been trolling our Melo forum for the last couple of weeks.

JordansBulls
01-08-2011, 04:12 PM
I still think the Bulls should trade for him.

blastmasta26
01-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Melo and Brook is nice, and Chauncey and Rip would contribute and play well together as former teammates. But I don't see that team being too effective in the long term unless they pick up very good role players.

JordansBulls
01-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Melo and Brook is nice, and Chauncey and Rip would contribute and play well together as former teammates. But I don't see that team being too effective in the long term unless they pick up very good role players.

Why would Melo want to go there? I think Melo in NY turns them into a championship contender instantly.

NetsPaint
01-08-2011, 07:02 PM
I was born in New Jersey, and lived here all my life. I'm a fan of both teams. I know the rivalry is based on them being close to each other especially when the Nets were in East Rutherford, but other than that, I don't get it. Even some Nets players before the last time they faced didn't realize there's a rivalry:laugh2:.

Kashmir13579
01-08-2011, 07:04 PM
JordansBulls (again) tells us melo will not resign

NetsPaint
01-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Why would Melo want to go there? I think Melo in NY turns them into a championship contender instantly.
This is what I don't get. Unless he wants to be a franchise savior, which would be hard in that situation, why not just stay in Denver, who has good depth? I can't see how Melo's situation as far as winning goes is going to get better on the Nets if that team is made. I mean it's possible, and it's also possible something else goes down in addition to that for the Nets, but it's an odd sounding situation for the Nets to do this.

The Nets might have better off trying Jefferson/Carter/Harris/Lopez. Harris had a breakout season because he had Carter to help him (although he did have several injuries) and Lopez could have used those players to develop. If that didn't work out, well at least the younger players would have developed better and the contracts of the veterans would have been coming off soon and they could have dealt with things better.

I thought the reason was for the Nets to get younger, this looks desperate or kind of stupid.

AddiX
01-08-2011, 07:33 PM

You guys are right across the river and are coming in NYC soon, I don't really think were suppose to get along.

And you guys are a bit sensitive no? Knicks fans been getting ripped for 10 years by everyone who can speak.

Kashmir13579
01-08-2011, 07:39 PM

Not all of them. Some of them are classy as ****. I'm starting to just ignore the ones like that one that's been trolling our Melo forum for the last couple of weeks.

irony at its finest. i hope you guys get melo, i really do.

cheetos185
01-08-2011, 07:49 PM
irony at its finest. i hope you guys get melo, i really do.

without extension right right ;)

Nate David+ Co.
01-08-2011, 10:32 PM
I in no way hate the nets..
but knicks have been getting bashed forever! even now, people say oh you sucked in the past etc

JordansBulls
01-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Bulls would give up Deng, Taj, Johnson for Melo.

bahama0811
01-09-2011, 11:24 AM

I think it's been clearly stated by the Nuggets that they're not interested in Deng's horrendous contract.

KingPosey
01-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Its been a lazy 28 though. Hes just been shooting with no bounce in his step. A motivated melo could avg 35

saying a player could avg 35 a game if they "felt like it", is pretty bold. He never has been near 35 a game in his career, so that argues against you. Plus no player has avged that since Kobe, several years ago. And he would catch a rash of **** like Kobe did for being a ball hog. I just disagree that its just that easy to avg 35 a game.

tdunk21
01-09-2011, 04:52 PM
this thing with melo is getting so annoying.....just sign with some damn team and cut the drama melo....u r behaving like lebron

Evolution23
01-09-2011, 04:57 PM

Thats terrible, thats like me saying Knicks will give up Curry, Chandler and TD for Melo.