PDA

View Full Version : Eggers: Blazers Guard Brandon Roy Investigating Surgical Options

goblazers7
01-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Kerry Eggers of the Portland Tribune reports that Portland Trail Blazers guard Brandon Roy is investigating all options when it comes to his sore knees...
---------------------------
Within the next two weeks, Blazer management will fly Brandon Roy to meet with one of the world’s most renowned orthopedic surgeons to discuss the possibility of surgery and/or other treatment on Roy’s troubled left knee.

The orthopedic expert is the team doctor for one of the NBA’s other 29 teams. I’m not at liberty to report his name, but he has experience in meniscus transplantation.

The procedure has been performed on some professional athletes who have retired, such as football player Marshall Faulk. It has never been done on an active pro player, however.
---------------------------

h/t @BlazersBlog

-- Ben Golliver | benjamin.golliver@gmail.com | Twitter

Tblaze
01-03-2011, 04:26 PM
"The orthopedic expert is the team doctor for one of the NBA’s other 29 teams"

I'm guessing it's from Phoenix, if it is, I'm feeling more confident he might return somewhat healthy :D

dtmagnet
01-03-2011, 05:08 PM
If he gets a meniscus transplant he can't play on it or it will just tear again.

WolvesJagsOs
01-03-2011, 05:19 PM
I hate seeing this. B-Roy is a great talent. I hope something happens and he can be back to normal lol.