PDA

View Full Version : NBA's Top 5 Duo's

JordansBulls
01-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqCSgO8Zg0trtTk7Uq3W10u9PKB4?slug=ycn-7461076)

5. SG Monta Ellis and PG Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
While this duo's success on the court hasn't translated into victories, Ellis and Curry light up the NBA night in and night out. Ellis is near the top in the NBA in points per game with 25.6. He also contributes Curry, bypassed by six teams in the 2009 draft, is averaging more than 20 points a game, 5.6 assists and 1.7 three pointers a game. He's no slouch on the defensive side either, throwing in 2.2 steals for good measure. While the Warriors battle injury issues in a tough Western Conference they may not contend for an NBA title anytime soon, but their two guards certainly make attending the Oracle Arena worth attending night in and night out.

4. SF Lebron James and SG Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
When Pat Riley signed free agents Chris Bosh and Lebron James and re-signed Dwyane Wade, the media began referring the to them as the big three. To be honest, however, Bosh is little more than a luxury. Wade and James are the two players that NBA teams dread. Both players' stats are suffering a bit since they are no longer the sole scorers on their teams, but they are still putting up superstar numbers. James is continuing to contribute in multiple categories, adding 6.5 rebounds and 7.2 assists to 24.3 points per game. Wade, always an excellent rebounder for his position, is pulling down 6.3 boards a game along with 23.5 points and 4.3 assists. After a rocky 9-8 start, the Heat are leading their divisional race with a 21-9 record (as of 12/22/10).

3. PG Russell Westbrook and SF Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
When the Portland Trailblazer selected former Ohio Stat Buckeye Greg Oden as the number one pick of the 2007 NBA Draft, it seemed like the right move. After all, basketball is still a game that revolves around height and getting a young star at the center position is something every NBA team would love to do. It retrospect, however, passing up on Kevin Durant was a terrible decision. Durant has blossomed into the top scorer in the league and, with a do-it-all point guard in Russell Westbrook at his side, it is only a matter of time before the Thunder are a force in Western Conference. Durant grabs headlines because of his gaudy scoring numbers (30.1 points per game last season according basketball-reference.com), but it's Westbrook that adds fills up the stat sheet. The young guard is averaging 22.8 points, 8.3 assists, 5 rebounds and 2 steals a game.

2. PG Derrick Rose and PF Carlos Boozer, Chicago Bulls
The number one draft selection in the 2008 NBA Draft, Derrick Rose grew up in the south side of Chicago before having one stellar year at the University of Memphis. An explosive player, Rose's hard work and amiable personality have helped him become one of the faces of the NBA. Despite this, the Bulls had struggled in the weak Eastern Conference before Rose, going 33 and 49 in the 2007-2008 season. Rose led them to two straight .500% seasons, but had difficutly pushing Chicago over the hump. To help remedy this, the Bulls went out during the offseason and signed Carlos Boozer. The offensive-minded power forward had been the main scoring threat for the Utah Jazz and the Bulls organization hoped that he could team up with Rose and take the Bulls deep into the playoffs.

Unfortunately, Boozer was injured for the first 17 games of the season. Since his return, however, Rose and Boozer have combined to average 43.4 points, 12.8 rebounds, 10.7 assists and 1.9 steals per game. Chicago is in first place in the Central Division.

1. SG Kobe Bryant and C Pau Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers
The Lakers haven't won the past two NBA championships on luck alone. Kobe Bryant is one of the best players to grace the hardwood in the past decade, but without a dominant big man, the Lakers struggle to go deep in the playoffs. Enter Pau Gasol, whose length and soft touch has transformed the Lakers into the team to beat. Contributing to the tune of 19.6 points, 11.1 rebounds and 2 blocks a game to go along with 4.2 assists. Bryant, despite his 15 seasons, is still leading the way with 25.7 points, 5 rebounds and almost 5 assists. Los Angeles may only have a few years left before they have to begin rebuilding, but for now Gasol and Bryant will always give other teams a headache.

Hustlenomics
01-03-2011, 04:05 PM
that Russel and Durant duo should be a spot higher imo

John Walls Era
01-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Terrible list. I've never even heard of the writer.

1) Lebron and Wade
2) Deron Williams and Al Jefferson
3) Kobe and Gasol
4) Russel Westbrook and Durant
5) Derrick Rose and Boozer (Noah if healthy, Noah makes pretty good passes to a cutting Rose)

EDIT: Raymond Felton and Amare should be in the mix, same with Kidd and Dirk

ElishaJ1030
01-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Felton Stoudemire should be sixth man

Young and Stupid
01-03-2011, 04:06 PM
The fact that Devin Harris and Brook Lopez aren't even in the top-5 is a travesty.

NYtilIdie
01-03-2011, 04:07 PM
I don't see how they can have Curry & Ellis over Felton & Amare, when Curry and Ellis have never had a winning season together. Thats the difference between them and the others.

Hell what about Parker/Ginobli & Duncan, Rondo & *insert Celtics player*, Williams/Jefferson, Kidd/Dirk? Just better options off my head.

ChiSox219
01-03-2011, 04:07 PM
This article was produced by a member of the Yahoo! Contributor Network, where users like you are published on Yahoo!

So it's like Bleacher Report...

But I agree with the top 4

Manu + Duncan should be #5

Gibby
01-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Lebron and wade should be number 1. Both score efficiently and fill up the scoresheet. Their the main reason miami has the #1 defence in the nba.

Vincent
01-03-2011, 04:12 PM
The fact that Devin Harris and Brook Lopez aren't even in the top-5 is a travesty.

How is it a travesty?

12-70 last year, 9-25 this year.

A PG that gets only 6.8 assists a game, and a Center that only gets 6.2 rebounds a game.

If anything they should be a bottom-5 duo in the NBA

farsouthside
01-03-2011, 04:13 PM
How is it a travesty?

A PG that gets only 6.8 assists a game, and a Center that only gets 6.2 rebounds a game.

This well almost. I don't think they would be bottom five but this is not a travesty

Young and Stupid
01-03-2011, 04:16 PM
This well almost. I don't think they would be bottom five but this is not a travesty

How is it a travesty?

Are you guys ****ing serious?

DaBUU
01-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Monta/Curry>>>>Lopez/Harris

goeatfish63
01-03-2011, 04:26 PM
wade/lebron>>>>>>>any other duo in the nba

Pierzynski4Prez
01-03-2011, 04:28 PM

Can you show something besides homerism that proves otherwise? Just re-read what Vincent said. They have no business in the top 5.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-03-2011, 04:29 PM
My 5

LBJ-Wade
Kobe-Gasol
Durant-Westbrook
Manu-Duncan
Rose-Boozer

tredigs
01-03-2011, 04:31 PM

I honestly can't tell if you're being facetious or not. Color me flummoxed.

Just tell us that you don't honestly believe that Harris + Lopez are a top 5 combo and we can all back away slowly, hands in the air...

Also Monta + Curry are the most talented backcourt in the league, but they're not a top 5 combo.

DaBUU
01-03-2011, 04:31 PM
wade/lebron>>>>>>>any other duo in the nba

probably

Young and Stupid
01-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Can you show something besides homerism that proves otherwise? Just re-read what Vincent said. They have no business in the top 5.

Come on PP, you too? I was being facetious, obviously Harris and Lopez don't belong anywhere near the top-5. They have been overrated for the past two seasons and results don't lie. Come on guys.

Just tell us that you don't honestly believe that Harris + Lopez are a top 5 combo and we can all back away slowly, hands in the air...

Tre, that hurt. Of course, I'm being sarcastic.

nycericanguy
01-03-2011, 04:33 PM

i think he was being sarcastic...

anyway this article fails big time, Ellis & Curry top 5? Really? They have never even come close to .500, let alone winning. Wayyy better duo's out there that do more than just score on losing teams.

tredigs
01-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Come on PP, you too? I was being facetious, obviously Harris and Lopez don't belong anywhere near the top-5. They have been overrated for the past two seasons and results don't lie. Come on guys.

Everyone lower your weapons and BACK THE **** UP! He's clean.

My condolenses.

Minimal
01-03-2011, 04:36 PM
How the duo of 2 best players in the world is not nr 1?

Rivera
01-03-2011, 04:40 PM
uh oh rose n boozer at #2 this is gonna get bad quick

and wade and bron at #4 :speechless:

DaBUU
01-03-2011, 04:41 PM

Also Monta + Curry are the most talented backcourt in the league, but they're not a top 5 combo.

thats a good way to put it

hgtiger32
01-03-2011, 04:43 PM

your screen name says it all

heck, I can think of a few more duos better than Harris/Lopex

Jennings/Bogut
Griffin/Gordon
Dwight/Jameer or Hedo
Felton and Amare FOR SURE
Gerald Wallace/Stephen Jackson
CP3/David West

those are some of the duos who are better than Harris/Lopez

If Harris/Lopez duo was that good theyd be a better team than they are

Niro
01-03-2011, 04:44 PM
lol this list fails in so many areas

kobe and gasol being number one is fine but the rest ist just insane

lebron and wade #2 hands down

DaBUU
01-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Deng/Noah>>>Harris/Lopez

(and thats the Bulls Duo #2)

DaBUU
01-03-2011, 04:46 PM
lol this list fails in so many areas

kobe and gasol being number one is fine but the rest ist just insane

lebron and wade #2 hands down

I would say LBJ/Wade should be #1. My hate for the Heat has not dissipated , but respect is starting to creep in.

Pierzynski4Prez

My bad man, you never know though on here.

nycsports2
dont wna be a homer but amare and feltonhave been awesome

Kashmir13579
terrible list

John Walls Era
01-03-2011, 04:47 PM
No love for Deron Williams and Al.....

Young and Stupid
01-03-2011, 04:48 PM
I guess I underestimated the amount of stupidity that occurs in the NBA forum. As a result, when people hear a statement such as the one I made -- with tongue firmly planted in cheek -- the natural reaction is to combat said stupidity. I apologize for the disturbance, I thought my track-record would allow for people to recognize my statement as sarcastic.

Sadds The Gr8
01-03-2011, 04:50 PM
as of this season my list would prolly be:

1) Wade/James
2) Bryant/Gasol
3) Rose/Boozer
4) Durant/Westbrook
5) Felton/Amar'e

1) Lebron and Wade
3) Kobe and Gasol
5) Derrick Rose and Boozer (Noah if healthy, Noah makes pretty good passes to a cutting Rose)

jefferson hasn't even been that good this year...no way they're #2.

SteBO
01-03-2011, 04:51 PM
I guess I underestimated the amount of stupidity that occurs in the NBA forum. As a result, when people hear a statement such as the one I made -- with tongue firmly planted in cheek -- the natural reaction is to combat said stupidity. I apologize for the disturbance, I thought my track-record would allow for people to recognize my statement as sarcastic.
That's okay man. PSD has an interesting cast of characters

kjoke
01-03-2011, 04:51 PM
bleacher report is better than this ****

its just a writer trying to be controversial and different

LayZbone
01-03-2011, 04:52 PM
1. Wade & Lebron
2. Kobe & Gasol
3. Durant & Westbrook

All 6 of those players have been MVP candidates at 1 point or another this season. I think these are clearly the top 3 duos.

Oefarmy2005
01-03-2011, 04:53 PM
How is it a travesty?

Are you serious? My PG's put together don't average 6.8 asst, well they do but you know what I mean. How is 6.8 assts bad for a PG? He's top 10 in assists.

DaBUU
01-03-2011, 04:54 PM
:speechless:

I got your back YnS, you're usually on point with your opinions

MacFitz92
01-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Dirk and Chandler?

Bullsfan22
01-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Kobe-Gasol
Lebron-Wade
Durant-Westbrook
Rose-Boozer
Duncan-Manu

Geargo Wallace
01-03-2011, 05:11 PM
This is pretty bad. Why should previous years help Kobe and Pau`s case when they are playing bad compared to those years? LeBron and Wade should be at the top no doubt. I am a little on the fence about Curry and Ellis since the team isn't doing too well and their play hasn't necessarily translated into wins.

Sox72
01-03-2011, 05:14 PM
as of this season my list would prolly be:

1) Wade/James
2) Bryant/Gasol
3) Rose/Boozer
4) Durant/Westbrook
5) Felton/Amar'e

jefferson hasn't even been that good this year...no way they're #2.

I'd agree with this.

WHODAT8o8
01-03-2011, 05:19 PM
I don't see how they can have Curry & Ellis over Felton & Amare, when Curry and Ellis have never had a winning season together. Thats the difference between them and the others.

Hell what about Parker/Ginobli & Duncan, Rondo & *insert Celtics player*, Williams/Jefferson, Kidd/Dirk? Just better options off my head.

this

kswissdaf
01-03-2011, 05:28 PM
lmao heat 4th good one guys

The Dream
01-03-2011, 05:31 PM
this was only posted because the OP is a Bulls fan and rose/boozer were put #2. it was obVious before i read it

ChiSox219
01-03-2011, 05:32 PM
No love for Deron Williams and Al.....

Milsap has outplayed Jefferson this season

Swashcuff
01-03-2011, 05:35 PM
1. LeBron James/Dwyane Wade
2. Kobe Bryant/Pau Gasol
3. Kevin Durant/Russell Westbrook
4. Derrick Rose/Carlos Boozer
5. Amare Stoudemire/Raymond Felton

Nothing more nothing less in all honesty. All these players are in all likeliness going to deserve all star spots this season. That can't be said about any of the other duos mentioned. Curry & Ellis as a top 5 duo is a bit of a stretch.

Bullsfan22
01-03-2011, 05:37 PM
2. Kobe Bryant/Pau Gasol

Nothing more nothing less in all honesty. All these players are in all likeliness going to deserve all star spots this season. That can't be said about any of the other duos mentioned. Curry & Ellis as a top 5 duo is a bit of a stretch.

Good list.

ChiSox219
01-03-2011, 06:03 PM
I don't understand how anyone could put the Knicks combo over Duncan/Ginobili or whatever top 2 Celtics

posterized
01-03-2011, 06:11 PM
How is it a travesty?

Stats dont lie....good point

Swashcuff
01-03-2011, 06:13 PM
I don't understand how anyone could put the Knicks combo over Duncan/Ginobili or whatever top 2 Celtics

take away Duncan and Ginobili from the Spurs are they still a .500 team? Same for the Celts? Now take away the top 2 from the Knicks are they a .500 team? Its not just that they are BOTH playing at an high All Star level over the entire course of the season but the play well together and for just their first season together that says A LOT. Both the Celts and the Spurs are seasoned veteran teams and are playing some of their best regular season ball in years. For a duo young duo playing in their first season together to do what they have done deserves a lot of credit IMO.

DwayneMVPwade
01-03-2011, 06:20 PM
I like Durant and Westbrook the best

GREATNESS ONE
01-03-2011, 06:21 PM
This is pretty bad. Why should previous years help Kobe and Pau`s case when they are playing bad compared to those years? LeBron and Wade should be at the top no doubt. I am a little on the fence about Curry and Ellis since the team isn't doing too well and their play hasn't necessarily translated into wins.

Because the real season is in April-June

Kobe/Pau
Lebron/Wade
Durant/Westbrook
Rose/Boozer
a lot of duo's can fill the number 5 spot.

mttwlsn16
01-03-2011, 06:37 PM
no love for Blake and EJ?? cmonnnn

D Roses Bulls
01-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Man I know this thread is ruffling a lot of feathers :)

ttam68
01-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Not having Lebron and Wade #1 makes it a joke

mikantsass
01-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Since this is a user submitted article, I think I will submit my own with Rondo/Pierce at #1

SiR Lakers III
01-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Kobe-Gasol will remain best duo until one of the other duos wins a ring nuff said.

CHANGO
01-03-2011, 06:59 PM
My top 5 duo.

Lebron-Wade
Durant-Westbrook
Rose-Boozer
Kobe-Gasol
Monta-Curry

cargobox
01-03-2011, 07:02 PM

you're young n stupid, if you catch my drift ;)

Nikeman
01-03-2011, 07:13 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569052

Considering Laker fans here are saying "TRADE PAU", idk how they are number one.

Based on the past? I'm sorry, but Kobe's playing like he's 35 years old now, and Pau is soft

Mplsman
01-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Love-Beasley for my homer pick of the year.

Swashcuff
01-03-2011, 07:18 PM

Considering Laker fans here are saying "TRADE PAU", idk how they are number one.

Based on the past? I'm sorry, but Kobe's playing like he's 35 years old now, and Pau is soft

I am no Laker fan nor am I a heat hater but I'd like you to give me your honest opinion. RIGHT NOW!

Wade & Bosh or Kobe & Pau... who's better?

Nikeman
01-03-2011, 07:23 PM
I am no Laker fan nor am I a heat hater but I'd like you to give me your honest opinion. RIGHT NOW!

Wade & Bosh or Kobe & Pau... who's better?

If we are talking this season, Wade and LBJ!

Both are tearing it up as of recent days, averaging over 28 ppg in their last 9 games, and they are the hardest players in the league to guard.

Swashcuff
01-03-2011, 07:26 PM

Both are tearing it up as of recent days, averaging over 28 ppg in their last 9 games, and they are the hardest players in the league to guard.

Lol no bro I 100% agree with you on that.... re read the post. I said Wade and Bosh dude. And on the topic of that thread in the laker forum from just skimming through it all the Laker fans that I know of who has consistently shown knowledge and support for the team were completely against trading Pau.

BIG worm
01-03-2011, 07:26 PM

Please tell me your kidding!

goeatfish63
01-03-2011, 08:28 PM
woah, check out wut duo won eastern conference players of the month :up:

PC
01-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Wade and LeBron are by far the best duo's in the league and it's really not that close

OG "Dee" LOCc
01-03-2011, 09:32 PM
umm....Felton + Stoudemire account for how many of the knicks points (including assists)

daleja424
01-03-2011, 09:35 PM
wade + lebron and it isnt even close...

this article was posted by a random fan, not Yahoo or its writers...and it seems that the fan was pretty biased in their analysis

THE GIPPER
01-03-2011, 09:50 PM
2. Kobe Bryant/Pau Gasol

I like this list except for the final spot...i guess it could be amare/felton but i would go with Jefferson/Dwill or Melo/Billups.

amos1er
01-03-2011, 09:53 PM
My 5

LBJ-Wade
Kobe-Gasol
Durant-Westbrook
Manu-Duncan
Rose-Boozer

I think Gasol and Kobe's two championships clinch the #1 spot for them. Lets see if Wade and Lebron can do more than boast a sub-par record in the weak east before you crown them the #1 spot. Lebron and Wade are only best in the eyes of the media.....if it was up to the media, they would give them the championship every year for just hype alone....too bad you actually have to play the games though or they would win it ever year according to Hollinger and other media special interests. But yes, if it were the hype list I would give LBJ and Wade the nod. :facepalm:

WizFan3
01-03-2011, 09:54 PM
jwall and himself
davis and griffin
curry and ellis
rose boozer
lebron dwade

amos1er
01-03-2011, 09:58 PM

lol....you have Bosh on your team and your calling Pau soft????? hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :rolleyes:

Come June we'll see if you still talk crap about Kobe when Lebron and Wade are both fishing and Hollinger is proven wrong for the millionth time. I honestly don't know how the **** Hollinger still has a job after making soooo many horrible predictions....honestly a five year old could predict the NBA with more accuracy and less bias than him.

daleja424
01-03-2011, 09:59 PM
I think Gasol and Kobe's two championships clinch the #1 spot for them. Lets see if Wade and Lebron can do more than boast a sub-par record in the weak east before you crown them the #1 spot. Lebron and Wade are only best in the eyes of the media.....if it was up to the media, they would give them the championship every year for just hype alone....too bad you actually have to play the games though or they would win it ever year according to Hollinger and other media special interests. But yes, if it were the hype list I would give LBJ and Wade the nod. :facepalm:

subpar record???:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

That Heat have won 17 of their last 18 games... and are 26-9 overall...

That is better then LA by 2.5 games...and LA has had the easiest SOS in the league...

amos1er
01-03-2011, 10:01 PM
subpar record???:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

That Heat have won 17 of their last 18 games... and are 26-9 overall...

That is better then LA by 2.5 games...and LA has had the easiest SOS in the league...

Heat have a pretty soft schedule themselves....they are in the weak east, where the bottom five playoff teams have sub .500 records. :rolleyes:

daleja424
01-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Heat have a pretty soft schedule themselves....they are in the weak east, where the bottom five playoff teams have sub .500 records. :rolleyes:

what is your point? The HEAT have played a tougher SOS than LA and thats all that matters since you claim Gasol and Kobe are better than Wade and Lebron. You claim the HEAT have a subpar record when they have a better record than the team you are comparing them to and they have played a harder schedule.

ATX
01-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Ya, that sub par thing made me laugh pretty hard. Miami is about to be 27-9 too. That's a .750 winning %, and they will have won 18 out of 19 games and counting. That puts them on pace to win 61-62 games.

nickdymez
01-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Not having Lebron and Wade #1 makes it a joke

What have Lebron and Wade done that makes this list a joke?

nickdymez
01-03-2011, 10:08 PM
what is your point? The HEAT have played a tougher SOS than LA and thats all that matters since you claim Gasol and Kobe are better than Wade and Lebron. You claim the HEAT have a subpar record when they have a better record than the team you are comparing them to and they have played a harder schedule.

lol.. Then by this logic Lebron and Mo Williams were better than Kobe and Gasol too... Do you believe that?

blacknell
01-03-2011, 10:08 PM
dirk-chandler

amos1er
01-03-2011, 10:09 PM

No, the BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS Gasol and Kobe have claim that they are the best duo in the NBA PERIOD.

We are half way through the regular season which means ****.

No one give a **** what you do in the regular season...only underachieving franchises hang their hats on regular season accolades. :p

amos1er
01-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Ya, that sub par thing made me laugh pretty hard. Miami is about to be 27-9 too. That's a .750 winning %, and they will have won 18 out of 19 games and counting. That puts them on pace to win 61-62 games.

Again....regular season.....who gives a ****.

daleja424
01-03-2011, 10:12 PM
lol.. Then by this logic Lebron and Mo Williams were better than Kobe and Gasol too... Do you believe that?

read the thread. I didnt make that point. The other user said that Miami has a sub-par record... which I pointed out is blatently false.

Lets put it this way... wouldn't you trade any other duo in the nba right now to get Wade and Lebron... I mean honestly people...

daleja424
01-03-2011, 10:13 PM
lol... so are we suppose to base this years MVP, DPOY, all-stars, all nba teams, etc based on the fact that LA won a title LAST YEAR??? LOL... no. we base now on NOW.

amos1er
01-03-2011, 10:15 PM

Exactly...I love how much crap these Lebron and Wade fans talk in the regular season and then are nowhere to be found during the ladder stages of the playoffs. I also find it funny how all these so-called Heat fans were all Cleveland fans last year. I swear...the Cleveland forum has never been so empty in the past five years. :rolleyes:

amos1er
01-03-2011, 10:16 PM
lol... so are we suppose to base this years MVP, DPOY, all-stars, all nba teams, etc based on the fact that LA won a title LAST YEAR??? LOL... no. we base now on NOW.

I'll still put my money on a PROVEN WINNER any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

ATX
01-03-2011, 10:17 PM
No, the BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS Gasol and Kobe have claim that they are the best duo in the NBA PERIOD.

We are half way through the regular season which means ****.

No one give a **** what you do in the regular season...only underachieving franchises hang their head on regular season accolades. :p

It's best duo's in the league. Kobe and Pau yes, have 2 titles, and they also played together for 3 and a half years. Wade and LeBron as a duo have only played together for a 27-9 record. Less than half a season. So that's all you can use here...Is this season. And Wade/James is by far the best duo in the league this season.

ATX
01-03-2011, 10:18 PM

As far as that argument goes...THIS^

nickdymez
01-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Again....regular season.....who gives a ****.

I was gonna post something about this too.. I guess Laker fans are the only ones who could really care less about regular season records. Thats not we care about. I care about the lakers winning 16 games before any one else from April - June.. Thats it.. The heat could win the rest of the games they play.. I could care less.... The Cavs won 60 something games it seems like every year, and every year they got blasted out the playoffs... Meanwhile the lakers are planning parades

madvillian9
01-03-2011, 10:20 PM

are you being sarcastic or just young and stupid???

Nikeman
01-03-2011, 10:21 PM
38 for LeBron tonight and 31 for Wade

zambo4president
01-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Rooser has been pretty sick so far.

ATX
01-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Exactly...I love how much crap these Lebron and Wade fans talk in the regular season and then are nowhere to be found during the ladder stages of the playoffs. I also find it funny how all these so-called Heat fans were all Cleveland fans last year. I swear...the Cleveland forum has never been so empty in the past five years. :rolleyes:

That hasn't happened yet with this duo of Wade and James so.....Your obviously just hating.

Nikeman
01-03-2011, 10:22 PM
I was gonna post something about this too.. I guess Laker fans are the only ones who could really care less about regular season records. Thats not we care about. I care about the lakers winning 16 games before any one else from April - June.. Thats it.. The heat could win the rest of the games they play.. I could care less.... The Cavs won 60 something games it seems like every year, and every year they got blasted out the playoffs... Meanwhile the lakers are planning parades

The way your team is playing bro, you should plan on making some changes to your game plan instead of planning parades.

All the Laker fans come in with a nonchalant attitude, but Kobe himself is worried, and the fact he called all the Laker guys out after your loss to the Heat means he is worried too

nickdymez
01-03-2011, 10:23 PM
It's best duo's in the league. Kobe and Pau yes, have 2 titles, and they also played together for 3 and a half years. Wade and LeBron as a duo have only played together for a 27-9 record. Less than half a season. So that's all you can use here...Is this season. And Wade/James is by far the best duo in the league this season.

You mean SO FAR this season, we aren't even half way done. Its funny how we forget. Just 3 weeks ago heat fans wanted the coach fired, Pat riley coaching, chris bosh traded, and other Miami fans to actually care about the team. Lebron pushed the coach, complained about minutes to the coach, and said he didnt know what contraction meant... lmfao... Now they pull off a nice run and we want to crown em...

Khalifa21
01-03-2011, 10:23 PM
#1 is Bron and Wade.

No two players combine for more production than those two and they're leading their team to wins.

nickdymez
01-03-2011, 10:25 PM
38 for LeBron tonight and 31 for Wade

5 rings for Kobe, 2 for Gasol

nickdymez
01-03-2011, 10:27 PM
The way your team is playing bro, you should plan on making some changes to your game plan instead of planning parades.

All the Laker fans come in with a nonchalant attitude, but Kobe himself is worried, and the fact he called all the Laker guys out after your loss to the Heat means he is worried too

You realize that this happens every year right? I know you just haven't started watching the NBA. We are nonchalant because we always win.

amos1er
01-03-2011, 10:27 PM
5 rings for Kobe, 2 for Gasol

:clap:

madvillian9
01-03-2011, 10:28 PM

you better start worrying about your regular season or the Lakers are gonna have to go into Dallas and San Antonio where I don't like their chances.

daleja424
the funniest thing about this argument is that it was ARTEST who won the title for LA last year...

Nikeman
You mean SO FAR this season, we aren't even half way done. Its funny how we forget. Just 3 weeks ago heat fans wanted the coach fired, Pat riley coaching, chris bosh traded, and other Miami fans to actually care about the team. Lebron pushed the coach, complained about minutes to the coach, and said he didnt know what contraction meant... lmfao... Now they pull off a nice run and we want to crown em...

Yo, Laker fans like you make me laugh.

LeBron is nothing compared to Kobe's ***** ***.

Before the Lakers some how miraculously pulled off that trade, Kobe was whining like a little baby about how he had no help. If that trade never happened, we'd see Kobe facing tons of hate my bro. Kobe never has or done **** by himself. He rode shaq's **** to three titles, and needed Gasol to win the next two.

Game 7 of the finals last season, it was Kobe who played horrendous, and the team bailed him out. Way to fail on the biggest stage.

Also, Kobe is an accused rapist, yeah real mentor to look up to.

I'd rather not know what contraction means than be accused of rape.

When Kobe has his sharp decline in a season or two, the Lakers will be nothing while the Heat will be entering their prime :)

amos1er
01-03-2011, 10:29 PM

Lets see you guys actually beat some top-tier teams before you go padding yourselves on the back.

el_primo_nano
01-03-2011, 10:29 PM
looks accurate. I think Amare-Felton come in 6th

amos1er
01-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Yo, Laker fans like you make me laugh.

LeBron is nothing compared to Kobe's ***** ***.

Before the Lakers some how miraculously pulled off that trade, Kobe was whining like a little baby about how he had no help. If that trade never happened, we'd see Kobe facing tons of hate my bro. Kobe never has or done **** by himself. He rode shaq's **** to three titles, and needed Gasol to win the next two.

Game 7 of the finals last season, it was Kobe who played horrendous, and the team bailed him out. Way to fail on the biggest stage.

Also, Kobe is an accused rapist, yeah real mentor to look up to.

I'd rather not know what contraction means than be accused of rape.

When Kobe has his sharp decline in a season or two, the Lakers will be nothing while the Heat will be entering their prime :)

Jordan never had to team up with Magic Johnson to be considered the best duo in the NBA. ;)

Nikeman
01-03-2011, 10:30 PM
You realize that this happens every year right? I know you just haven't started watching the NBA. We are nonchalant because we always win.

Ok.. whatever u say bro, the way the Spurs demolished you, I'm not sure you can get through them tbh

Nikeman
01-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Lets see you guys actually beat some top-tier teams before you go padding yourselves on the back.

May I ask you who the Lakers have beaten?

Oh, thats right, nobody

Nikeman
01-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Jordan never had to team up with Magic Johnson to be considered the best duo in the NBA. ;)

Jordan had to team up with Scottie Pippen, two hall of famers, idk what your point is.

Jordan didn't win for what, his first 4-5 seasons? He didn't do anything by himself either.

Mishmin
01-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Rondo, KG

ATX
01-03-2011, 10:35 PM

You guys are ridiculous. What does that have to do with anything having to do with this thread. You guys are just Heat Hating as you always do. This thread is about top duos in the league and all you guys can do is hate over anything Heat related even when it's blatantly obvious here that Miami is doing exceptionally well, and Wade and James have been playing excellent ball. Was I hating on Kobe and Gasol? No. What in the hell did I say to instigate all these hateful comments about my favorite team? Answer-Nothing...

If you look back through my posts you won't see me mention not even once to fire Spo, have Bosh traded, or anything like that.

Nikeman
01-03-2011, 10:37 PM
You guys are ridiculous. What does that have to do with anything having to do with this thread. You guys are just Heat Hating as you always do. This thread is about top duos in the league and all you guys can do is hate over anything Heat related even when it's blatantly obvious here that Miami is doing exceptionally well, and Wade and James have been playing excellent ball. Was I hating on Kobe and Gasol? No. What in the hell did I say to instigate all these hateful comments about my favorite team? Answer-Nothing...

If you look back through my posts you won't see me mention not even once to fire Spo, have Bosh traded, or anything like that.

Laker fans are scared bro... thats all

They can't stop Wade and LeBron

ATX
01-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Yes Chango is right. Just a troll (Not a real poster), not worth feeding, period.

amos1er
01-03-2011, 10:38 PM
May I ask you who the Lakers have beaten?

Oh, thats right, nobody

We beat the Jazz, Rockets, Nuggets and Magic for the title in 09 and the Thunder, Jazz, Suns, and Celtics for the title in 10

The Lakers have a better team this year, and will kick it into a higher gear eventually because its already PROVEN they have the capability.

The jury is still out on the Heat.

The Flash
01-03-2011, 10:42 PM
We beat the Jazz, Rockets, Nuggets and Magic for the title in 09 and the Thunder, Jazz, Suns, and Celtics for the title in 10

The Lakers have a better team this year, and will kick it into a higher gear eventually because its already PROVEN they have the capability.

Oh man, YOU MAD !

Nikeman
01-03-2011, 10:50 PM

Bro, why you keep referring to the past??

I believe we are in the 2010-2011 season!

The Lakers schedule this season has been a complete joke, and of the title contenders you've faced THIS season:

San Antonio Spurs- Loss 97-82
Miami Heat- Loss 96-80

Also lost to Utah and Denver who are Western Conference Contenders!

Just got killed by Memphis by a solid 19 pts

If your team is better than last yr, shouldn't have you guys figured it out by now?

When the Heat started 9-8, countless Lakers fans were in our forum talking ****, but not can't handle it when the LAKERS are facing negativity?

knicks4life33
01-03-2011, 10:53 PM
yawnnnnnnn

MJ-BULLS
01-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Wow, I'm surprised that our duo is ranked pretty high.

in my opinion the Los Angeles Lakers have the best duo. Kobe Bryant and pau Gasol.

Hoopsadvocate
01-03-2011, 11:02 PM

cool story neither has anyone else not named kareem

while he may not have never teamed up with magic but he teamed up with another top 50 player in nba history...

soonabooma
01-03-2011, 11:39 PM
I definitely give an honorable mention to Chris Paul/David West. They tear it up together. but just don't get enough help at times.

gaughan333
01-04-2011, 02:46 AM
cool story neither has anyone else not named kareem

while he may not have never teamed up with magic but he teamed up with another top 50 player in nba history...

yeah, but their was no "decision", haha. Either way...Lebron/Wade are #1 in my book and chris bosh is still just riding the coat tails of two real talents. As a Bulls fan, boozer and rose are good, but are not that good yet.

DoJoTheSlasher
01-04-2011, 02:54 AM

Dirk is just as tough as either one of them to guard. A 7 footer with maybe the best jumpshot in the game still in his prime who is by the way the MVP of the season so far.

DoJoTheSlasher
01-04-2011, 02:56 AM
Jordan had to team up with Scottie Pippen, two hall of famers, idk what your point is.

Jordan didn't win for what, his first 4-5 seasons? He didn't do anything by himself either.

And Jordan is also 3 times the player LeBron is and 5 million times the winner LeBron is. Jordan > LeBron and it will NEVER be close.

DoJoTheSlasher
01-04-2011, 03:00 AM
Wade and LeBron is the best duo in the NBA but they will not win a ring, or two, or three, or four, or five, or six, or seven, or eight.

They MIGHT win 1 or 2 but that will be later down the road.

Sadds The Gr8
01-04-2011, 03:03 AM

because that team doesn't have a CLEAR 1-2 combo that carries the team tomost of its success. They give a full team effort. Who would you put? Parker/Manu? Duncan/Manu? Parker/Duncan?

PrettyBoyJ
01-04-2011, 03:06 AM
Felton and Stoudemire

alencp3
01-04-2011, 04:34 AM
So Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon arent a duo??? :facepalm:

Chronz
01-04-2011, 05:28 AM
This isnt even close, its LeWade by a MILE

sunsfan88
01-04-2011, 06:12 AM
By next season Nash/Gortat will be up there.

ragee
01-04-2011, 06:50 AM

1) Lebron and Wade
3) Kobe and Gasol

Al Jefferson is not consistent enough to be on the list... So is Kidd so although Dirk and D-Will are my favorite players, they don't deserve to be on this list... The race to mvp is a whole different story though... :D

ragee
01-04-2011, 06:52 AM
So Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon arent a duo??? :facepalm:

They don't have enough wins to put in their resume...

And why are a lot of people saying Amare and Felton? Is Felton really doing good this season? Not hating guys... Just curious coz I haven't really seen a lot of Knicks game this season...

amos1er
01-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Look, Lebron and Wade are NOT the best duo in the NBA....Simply because..........THEY ARE NOT A DUO....THEY ARE PART OF A TRIO.

When the third best player on your team is also a coveted All-Star, you do not qualify as a duo....Wade and Lebron are part of a trio and therefore it is impossible to consider them for best duo.

If they were the only legit All-Stars on their perspective team, they would be considered a duo.

Kobe and Gasol are the only All-Stars on their, therefore they should be in this conversation, as should Boozer and Rose, Williams and Jefferson, and Durant and Westbrook.

Ginobli and Duncan are part of a trio as well and that is why the author did not have them in his top five.

That is also why the author did not have some of the other ridiculous scenarios I have seen in this thread as well; such as Garnet and Rondo. :rolleyes:

To sum it up, it is ridiculous to try and include the best two players of a trio or foursome and say they should qualify for best duo. Hence the word duo....or for you more simple posters out there.....TWO.

Anyone with any sort of knowledge about the game of basketball, let alone sports in general would laugh in your face if you tried to defend this point of view.

FYI, Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are not even the best trio in the NBA, Duncan, Ginobli and Parker are.

Ace23
01-04-2011, 07:24 AM
1. Kobe-Gasol: I don't care about numbers, I care about Championships. Until LBJ-Wade win one, I'm going to rank the guys who have won back-to-back ones ahead of them.

2. LBJ-Wade: They're what? 18-1 in their last 19 games? That's pretty good. Both are top 10 players in the league, and both can fill up a stat sheet. BUT until this duo proves its more than a regular season show, they will continue to be #2 in my book.

3. Manu-Duncan: Of all of the "duos" out there, these two are the most unselfish, team-oriented players I've seen. They just win, they sacrifice their own shot to benefit their team, and when the game is on the line, they just make plays. They may not be flashy, but they are winners to the core and that is a worth an awful lot in this league.

4. Durant-Westbrook: Durant is one of the league' premier scorers, and Westbrook has gone from sidekick to co-star. I like everything about these guys on the offensive end, but I'd also like to see more on the defensive end and the winning end before they move up any further.

5. Felton-Amare: They've transformed the Knicks from a joke to a contender, and they actually have been playing some defense. A great deal of credit has to go to these two guys.

Ace23
01-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Edit: I think Rose-Boozer and Curry-Ellis both COULD be in the discussion if their play continues and their teams continue to improve, but right now neither of them are at the level of the above five.

DFROZE#1
01-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Edit: I think Rose-Boozer and Curry-Ellis both COULD be in the discussion if their play continues and their teams continue to improve, but right now neither of them are at the level of the above five.

Neither of them are at the level of the five above? Rose and Boozer average more points than stat and felron, more rebs, even in assist and less turnovers. Plus they have a better record. I agree you can argue for the other four, but to say that stat and felton are a better duo than rose and booze is not true. Rose is way better than felton and stat is maybe a hair better than booze. C'mon son get the ******* outta here with that bulls***

Swashcuff
01-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Wade and LeBron is the best duo in the NBA but they will not win a ring, or two, or three, or four, or five, or six, or seven, or eight.

They MIGHT win 1 or 2 but that will be later down the road.

Could you please enlighten all of us as to how you know this for sure because I would LOVE to know when my Cubbies are going to win a WS so I can stop waiting in vain.

You sound beyond hater dude. You sound trollish.

pistonsfanomg
01-04-2011, 09:21 AM
1) Lebron and Wade
2) Kobe and Gasol
3) Russel Westbrook and Durant
4) Deron Williams and Al Jefferson
5) Derrick Rose and Boozer

SteBO
01-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Could you please enlighten all of us as to how you know this for sure because I would LOVE to know when my Cubbies are going to win a WS so I can stop waiting in vain.

You sound beyond hater dude. You sound trollish.

:hi5:

kingbrentg
01-05-2011, 07:24 AM
Nvm, pointless.