PDA

View Full Version : Phil: "Kobe had to screw up the game by going one on one"

Hustlenomics
01-03-2011, 03:41 PM
"We get behind early on in the third quarter on some stupid plays -- poor passing, poor transition defense -- and then Kobe has to screw up the game and start energizing the team by going one-on-one and that takes the rest of the guys out as a consequence," Jackson said. "That didn't bring us back in, but it did give us a little run, we got the game back a little bit but we couldn't sustain it and we just went right back and made the same mistakes again."

"The game got to a point where we didn't use our strengths which is our inside players," Jackson said. "When we started off the game I think Pau got six out of our eight points and didn't score again in the first half. He ended up the game with 10. He got four more points in the second half. He's too good a player for a game like that."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/columns/story?id=5983633

Hawkeye15
01-03-2011, 03:42 PM
these are not Hustle's words, so keep this thread positive. Thank you

tangent12
01-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Simply honesty. Nothing more, nothing less.

Kakaroach
01-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Not the first time and won't be the last time this happens. Not really big news.

Sandman
01-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Sounds like the team was out of sync and Kobe tried to take the game over.

Evolution23
01-03-2011, 03:47 PM
What i've been saying for the last 2 years. Kobe needs to stop shooting so many shots and let Pau be the #1 option. Laker fans will disagree but its the truth.

John Walls Era
01-03-2011, 03:49 PM
This has never changed imo. But in the past, the Lakers seemed to be able to get away with Kobe shooting 25+ shots.

FNM BOY
01-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Vintage Kobe...

heatking
01-03-2011, 03:51 PM
This is all the zen masters plan.... I wonder what he really means.

Gibby
01-03-2011, 03:52 PM
What i've been saying for the last 2 years. Kobe needs to stop shooting so many shots and let Pau be the #1 option. Laker fans will disagree but its the truth.

he has too big of an ego for that.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-03-2011, 03:53 PM
kobe shot 22 shots

Pau can't get his shots when he can't even get to a decent position down low.

Half of his shots are swatted away, its ridicilous, he needs to man up.

nads83
01-03-2011, 03:53 PM
certain players have earned the right to not ever be called out in public. especially by someone who has rings because of that player. ridiculous

Baller1
01-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Yup, Kobe needs to set is oversized ego aside and allow for Pau to see more touches.

Baller1
01-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Here come the Kobe lovers. Give it a rest.

Rivera
01-03-2011, 03:56 PM
typical phil rattiling kobes cage this time of year to make the animal mad and play better

Sadds The Gr8
01-03-2011, 03:57 PM
i still don't know why people are worried. Apparently you guys never learned anything from Boston last year. Championship caliber teams could CARE LESS about the regular season. You think these guys are trying right now? They're waiting til' April. And this is coming from someone who hates the Lakers.

and yes, Kobe needs to give up more shots to Pau because its really ****ing up my fantasy team right now.

nads83
01-03-2011, 03:58 PM

im a raptors fan. a die hard. no fan of kobe', but he has my respect

Hustlenomics
01-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Not the first time and won't be the last time this happens. Not really big news.

yep

^

This has never changed imo. But in the past, the Lakers seemed to be able to get away with Kobe shooting 25+ shots.
^ he barely got away with it in game 7

This is all the zen masters plan.... I wonder what he really means.

he isn't trying to sugar coat anything lol he's simply pointing out that Kobe needs to pass it more

Yup, Kobe needs to set is oversized ego aside and allow for Pau to see more touches.

^

NYtilIdie
01-03-2011, 03:59 PM
I couldn't tell if he was blaming Kobe or the team for allowing that to happen.

Can't really tell with Phil these days.

ChiSox219
01-03-2011, 04:00 PM
certain players have earned the right to not ever be called out in public. especially by someone who has rings because of that player. ridiculous

Kobe has his rings because of Phil, not the other way around.

typical phil rattiling kobes cage this time of year to make the animal mad and play better

If by "play better" you mean shoot less, I agree.

nads83
01-03-2011, 04:02 PM

If by "play better" you mean shoot less, I agree.

i disagree

John Walls Era
i still don't know why people are worried. Apparently you guys never learned anything from Boston last year. Championship caliber teams could CARE LESS about the regular season. You think these guys are trying right now? They're waiting til' April. And this is coming from someone who hates the Lakers.

and yes, Kobe needs to give up more shots to Pau because its really ****ing up my fantasy team right now.

Yes I agree, but you still want to be playing the right way. Lakers really got lucky when Kobe played that bad in game 7.

John Walls Era

Lets just say Kobe + Jordan = All of Phil's Rings

ChiSox219
01-03-2011, 04:03 PM
i disagree

Well, Phil has 6 rings without Kobe, how many does Kobe have without Phil?

Gibby
01-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Lets just say Kobe + Jordan = All of Phil's Rings

there was also shaq who was a 3 time finals mvp.

Hawkeye15
01-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Yes I agree, but you still want to be playing the right way. Lakers really got lucky when Kobe played that bad in game 7.

well, Artest came back from the dead. He had done nothing positive on offense for 98 games, and then does that.

Geargo Wallace
01-03-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm not a Kobe fan but I believe this will make him play smarter. Kobe wouldn't admit it but I'm sure he'll start to get the bigs involved more. You've got the most talented front court in the NBA, you might as well use it.

AddiX
01-03-2011, 04:09 PM
I've said since forever Kobe is not a leader and the team will falter without Phil. Kobe is great, no doubt, but no one likes him. You never see teammates rally behind him or celebrate with him. You never hear players talk about how much they like him. Without Fisher that team had no leadership.

I still think they can win it all this year, but once Phil is gone, no one is coaching that team.

ManOnFire
01-03-2011, 04:11 PM

Cant argue with that....not a Kobe lover myself....but the Lakers players have shown no life,passion,urgency, or heart....Kobe needed to try something.

Hustlenomics
01-03-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm not a Kobe fan but I believe this will make him play smarter. Kobe wouldn't admit it but I'm sure he'll start to get the bigs involved more. You've got the most talented front court in the NBA, you might as well use it.

Kobe actually responded by saying he's not buying any of that Zen bull****

BuddhaMONK
01-03-2011, 04:14 PM
when your the best player ever you can do things like that

Geargo Wallace
01-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Kobe actually responded by saying he's not buying any of that Zen bull****

haha see I knew he'd say something like that. But deep down you know he'll make the necessary changes. We've seen the Lakers play way better than this.

ChiSox219
01-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Cant argue with that....not a Kobe lover myself....but the Lakers players have shown no life,passion,urgency, or heart....Kobe needed to try something.

It's not like Kobe was trying something new, he shoots the ball more often than any other player in the league.

1. Kobe - 23.5 FGA per 40 (and adjusted for pace)
2. Rose - 20.8
3. Melo - 20.6
4. Beasley - 20
5. Durant - 19.9

Hustlenomics
01-03-2011, 04:19 PM

this thread isn't about Michael Jordan

madiaz3
01-03-2011, 04:23 PM
It's not like they just decided to not look for Pau at all...from what I saw they did a very good job of denying him, Pau also had 5 turnovers. (Not putting a blame on him whatsoever but just putting it in perspective.)

I still can't believe people are talking about Kobe's ego getting in the way of winning, when they have said that for the past 2 years and the result has not changed.

ManOnFire
01-03-2011, 04:24 PM
It's not like they just decided to not look for Pau at all...from what I saw they did a very good job of denying him, Pau also had 5 turnovers. (Not putting a blame on him whatsoever but just putting it in perspective.)

I still can't believe people are talking about Kobe's ego getting in the way of winning, when they have said that for the past 2 years and the result has not changed.

yeah...i dont think i can think of anyone that wants to win more than Kobe.

RaiderLakersA's
01-03-2011, 04:29 PM
kobe shot 22 shots

I was going to say the same thing. In the games that I've watched so far this season Pau hasn't been the Pau of old. The Lakers do need to make a concerted effort to run offense through him, but don't get mad at Kobe if he reverts to form. The fact is, Kobe jump starting our team has usually been what worked in the past. And in every instance, even when we win, Phil never liked it. He wants ball movement and total involvement by all players on the floor. I don't blame him.

Cano4prez
01-03-2011, 04:33 PM

lolwut?

Avenged
01-03-2011, 04:39 PM
The whole team has been out of sync, so Kobe tried to bring the team back. Isn't that what superstars are suppose to do? I don't think the blame solely goes on Kobe, it's on the whole team who's been playing like crap.

Pau hasn't been the Pau we know him to be, and that's nobodies fault but his own.

S-Dot
01-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Phil said Nash carries the ball. Phil said KD got too many fouls called for him. He does it to spark changes that will help his team. He knows what he's doing...fueling the Black Mamba.

TheHoopsProphet
01-03-2011, 04:47 PM
you know, for being a zen master, he certainly has a habit of venting over players to the media. hell, i dont even think SVG does it this much, and that guy is a Panic McExcuses.

kArSoN RyDaH
01-03-2011, 04:48 PM
The whole team has been out of sync, so Kobe tried to bring the team back. Isn't that what superstars are suppose to do? I don't think the blame solely goes on Kobe, it's on the whole team who's been playing like crap.

Pau hasn't been the Pau we know him to be, and that's nobodies fault but his own.

This.

Kobe scored 16 in the 3rd at WILL! No one was doing anything. For Phil to say this is just going to screw chemistry up.

Reddd
01-03-2011, 04:53 PM

Well, during those last 2 years lakers have won 2 championships, but I think you were trying to say that kobe is declining physically and mentally returning to his older days, when he just shot all the time without really considering trying to get his teammates involved.
But what he tends to forget, that he has one of the most formidable frontlines in the league and some great bench players, which he didn't have back in 05-07 or so.
So as time passes, I think he will soon once again realize his team's true potential as whole and they'll start klicking again.

kArSoN RyDaH
01-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Kobe was distributing the ball the entire game. We were still down in the 3rd. Pau was playing soft. You guys need to watch the game before you talk.

Hustlenomics
01-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Phil said Nash carries the ball. Phil said KD got too many fouls called for him. He does it to spark changes that will help his team. He knows what he's doing...fueling the Black Mamba.
lol..what he's saying is what he meant kobe needs to stop ball hogging! He's been in the league 14 years now how many more times does Phil need to call him out for him to get the picture?

This.

Kobe scored 16 in the 3rd at WILL! No one was doing anything. For Phil to say this is just going to screw chemistry up.

S-Dot
01-03-2011, 04:58 PM
lol..what he's saying is what he meant kobe needs to stop ball hogging! He's been in the league 14 years now how many more times does Phil need to call him out for him to get the picture?

The guy has won 2 straight rings. I think he gets the picture. Phil is just motivating him, getting him pissed so he can come back with a vengance.

Sadds The Gr8
01-03-2011, 04:59 PM

meh but still...look at Boston last year. everyone thought they were done because they were playing so bad in the reg. season, and then playoffs came and they turned their game up. I think the Lakers are doing the exact same thing. They know they don't need the #1 seed to make it through the west.

kArSoN RyDaH
01-03-2011, 04:59 PM

Kobe wasn't ball hogging at all. The team was playing with no energy. ESPECIALLLY PAU! He wasn't doing anything. Kobe brought life when we had none. KObe doesn't need Phil to tell him what to do. Kobe's going to do anything he can to win. First half all he did was distribute. 3rd quarter we got behind with no rythym so he went on a tear.

Flojo
01-03-2011, 05:00 PM

This, pretty much. Did anyone who read the article and nodded their head actually watch the game?

Pau got a lot of touches early, like Phil said, but to stifle him they started denying more and there were at least 2 possessions in the first where a weak side defender just came over and stripped Pau while he was facing up.

After he came out he never really got back into the flow of the offense. As for using their size, Bynum actually has a good game (lots of swatting shots, contests which led to misses, and got a good amount of touches in the paint). Odom, on the other hand, I didn't see on the block at all.

Obviously the comments were more Kobe directed than anything, but even then, Kobe only attempted to take over in the 3rd when the energy was WAY down and he was on an absolute tear. In my eyes his criticisms were more to get under the skin of the Lakers -- in general they played like poop last night.

kArSoN RyDaH
01-03-2011, 05:05 PM
This, pretty much. Did anyone who read the article and nodded their head actually watch the game?

Pau got a lot of touches early, like Phil said, but to stifle him they started denying more and there were at least 2 possessions in the first where a weak side defender just came over and stripped Pau while he was facing up.

After he came out he never really got back into the flow of the offense. As for using their size, Bynum actually has a good game (lots of swatting shots, contests which led to misses, and got a good amount of touches in the paint). Odom, on the other hand, I didn't see on the block at all.

Obviously the comments were more Kobe directed than anything, but even then, Kobe only attempted to take over in the 3rd when the energy was WAY down and he was on an absolute tear. In my eyes his criticisms were more to get under the skin of the Lakers -- in general they played like poop last night.

Pau couldn't get anything going. People think his shot attempts = touches. He touches the ball plenty during the game but he just refuses to shoot the ball. He swings it out to KObe. Every player on the team passes it to KObe when they are down and expects a miracle to happen. Especially with the shot clock.

Phil needs to stfu and stop trying to mess the chemistry up his last year as a laker. This seems all too familiar from the 04 season.

Hustlenomics
01-03-2011, 05:11 PM
The guy has won 2 straight rings. I think he gets the picture. Phil is just motivating him, getting him pissed so he can come back with a vengance.

barely with the help of the refs in that 4th

Kobe wasn't ball hogging at all. The team was playing with no energy. ESPECIALLLY PAU! He wasn't doing anything. Kobe brought life when we had none. KObe doesn't need Phil to tell him what to do. Kobe's going to do anything he can to win. First half all he did was distribute. 3rd quarter we got behind with no rythym so he went on a tear.

maybe if Pau got the rock more he can show what he got?

Bullsfan22
01-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Haha people actually think Phil ****ing Jackson is messing up chemistry? Phil Jackson and basketball chemistry goes hand and hand.

Hustlenomics
01-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Pau couldn't get anything going. People think his shot attempts = touches. He touches the ball plenty during the game but he just refuses to shoot the ball. He swings it out to KObe. Every player on the team passes it to KObe when they are down and expects a miracle to happen. Especially with the shot clock.

Phil needs to stfu and stop trying to mess the chemistry up his last year as a laker. This seems all too familiar from the 04 season.

yes Phil Jackson needs to shut up and let Kobe tear the team apart again

tdunk21
01-03-2011, 05:13 PM
its the lakers, they know their ****....at the end of the day they pull their **** together.....

SteveNash
01-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Haha people actually think Phil ****ing Jackson is messing up chemistry? Phil Jackson and basketball chemistry goes hand and hand.

http://i.imgur.com/KDJxz.png

WHODAT8o8
01-03-2011, 05:25 PM

exactly kobe is a ball hog and thats why they lose the games they do

Bullsfan22
01-03-2011, 05:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KDJxz.png

10 rings>http://i.imgur.com/KDJxz.png

As if the Detroit Pistons wasn't one of the best TEAMS ever assembled.

jim51990
01-03-2011, 05:26 PM
people thinking kobe will tone down his ego come on his ego is big enough for lebrons and brett farves to live on it

Gators123
01-03-2011, 05:28 PM
The Celtics are loving this....

LAcowBOMBER
01-03-2011, 05:40 PM
I've said since forever Kobe is not a leader and the team will falter without Phil. Kobe is great, no doubt, but no one likes him. You never see teammates rally behind him or celebrate with him. You never hear players talk about how much they like him. Without Fisher that team had no leadership.

I still think they can win it all this year, but once Phil is gone, no one is coaching that team.

Do you watch any Laker games? Your statement is so incorrect that I do not even know where to start correcting it. His teammates love him, he is like a second coach to that whole team, and he is constantly talking to other players on the bench. Maybe just because he is so focused you don't see him joke around much, but watch him on the bench when the game is clearly in hand and see how he acts.

It is also obvious that must of the people posting in here didn't watch the game. Phil even said Kobe tried to spark the team when they were not clicking. He played the team game until it stopped working, then he tried to take over

PC
01-03-2011, 05:49 PM
No offense to Laker fans but Pau tends to get overrated by many on the NBA forum. IMO there's no doubt who the man is on that team and it's Kobe, no doubt

asandhu23
01-03-2011, 06:01 PM
its getting bad in LA..... real bad

_KB24_
01-03-2011, 06:08 PM
its getting bad in LA..... real bad

Saadi basthi hogayi paaji :(

Tussi koi "advice" das do..:cry:

Hawkeye15
01-03-2011, 06:15 PM
anytime the current champions have a bit of a struggle, it gets blown out of proportion. The Lakers will be fine. If they have proven anything in the last two years, its that they can win depsite problems, better than any other team in the NBA.
Not really big news to me

GREATNESS ONE
01-03-2011, 06:23 PM
I LOVE YOU PHIL !!!!! Always know what to say and when to say it, nothing new here.

SteveNash
01-03-2011, 06:48 PM
10 rings>http://i.imgur.com/KDJxz.png

As if the Detroit Pistons wasn't one of the best TEAMS ever assembled.

Team completely imploded. The Zen masters plan for Kobe ended in failure before, what's to say it won't happen again?

anytime the current champions have a bit of a struggle, it gets blown out of proportion. The Lakers will be fine. If they have proven anything in the last two years, its that they can win depsite problems, better than any other team in the NBA.
Not really big news to me

And anytime there's a championship team showing cracks the following season there are people saying they should stay the course because they can put it together in the playoffs. Just look at the Miami Heat a few years ago.

Right now this Laker team is awful, they need more than Bynum, they need to make a trade and fast.

Hellcrooner
01-03-2011, 07:05 PM
can we ship pau for dirk already?

it would be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy interesting to watch.

Hellcrooner
01-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Team completely imploded. The Zen masters plan for Kobe ended in failure before, what's to say it won't happen again?

And anytime there's a championship team showing cracks the following season there are people saying they should stay the course because they can put it together in the playoffs. Just look at the Miami Heat a few years ago.

Right now this Laker team is awful, they need more than Bynum, they need to make a trade and fast.

yes is the time to trqade the 33 years old ballhgoh that still thinks he is 25

Giantwarrior
01-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Who cares. Phil is just trying to light a fire under the team. I guess its slow in the sports world, the media makes a big deal out of nothing.

The Lakers will be fine come Playoff time.

ManRam
01-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Pau has become the scapegoat for Laker fans who can't understand this is a whole-team-wide problem...which is just not fair or correct. Kobe is not exempt. He's placed a lot of blame on himself, and he just hasn't been the consummate teammate of late. His scoring has improved a bit, efficiency too...but he's not helping out his teammates in any other way, at least not that I've seen the last two games...and on Xmas.

r8derguy805
01-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Man ***** that bs. If Phil wants to blame Kobe for trying to make ***** happen when no one else is trying for ***** then w/e. This team is suffering from the lack of will from Pau! Phil is like we abandoned our low post game and did this and that and woopty woo. BS!!! Pau had the ball a total of 31 touches in the Low Post. AND HE!! decides to shoot 10 attempts? Something is not clicking in Pau's head. His lack of Low Post Agression is showing and affecting our team. So yea. Bash Kobe for trying to will some shots in when no one else is giving a ****. STEP YOUR PHUCKIN GAME UP PAU AND PHIL START COACHING MAN. Everyone is saying how the lakers are not motivated and are cruising until playoffs. Well motivation all starts with the COACH!!!! He is the highest paid coach for a reason and for the 1st time in his coaching career I dont see him doing any of it. WE got like 6 assistant coaches doing his job. So Phil. Remeber, everytime you point a finger at someone, there are three fingers pointed back at you! START COACHING DAMIT!!!

LAKERMANIA
01-03-2011, 07:13 PM

Umm, we've won 2 championships with Kobe being the number 1 option... In the last two years... :eyebrow:

dodie53
01-03-2011, 07:14 PM
kobe will demand a trade,
just wait.
hehe

Hellcrooner
01-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Pau has become the scapegoat for KOBE fans who can't understand this is a whole-team-wide problem...which is just not fair or correct. Kobe is not exempt. He's placed a lot of blame on himself, and he just hasn't been the consummate teammate of late. His scoring has improved a bit, efficiency too...but he's not helping out his teammates in any other way, at least not that I've seen the last two games...and on Xmas.

fixed

210Don
01-03-2011, 07:17 PM
i loved that year when kobe was threatening to leave it was so exciting. lol

RDBK514
01-03-2011, 07:19 PM
I have a feeling Phil just wants to unleash the beast in Kobe a little by rattling his cage. They don't look like the championship or bust caliber team they are supposed to be, but hey there the Lakers so no doubt in my mind they'll turn it around.

drobe86
01-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Kobe has to go 1 on 1 to try and show everyone he still has it lol... Fact is he doesn't and should start to pass more and become a playmaker for others. His explosion is all but gone, and his quickness is shot. All he does at this point difensively is get picked lol...

AIRMAR72
01-03-2011, 07:25 PM
kobe will demand a trade,
just wait.
hehe HE might ask for one since matt barnes been handing out kunckle sandwich to his mouth in practice

THE GIPPER
01-03-2011, 07:27 PM
for everyone who thinks kobe is in the same league as jordan, this is one of the reasons he's not.

HeaTxRipZz
01-03-2011, 07:34 PM

LOL Phil had 6 rings before Kobe came along give it a rest if anyone can say whatever the hell they feel its Phil

boozdawg
01-03-2011, 07:38 PM
If Phil Jackson ordered a frickin steak at a restaurant, people would think there is some alternative motive behind it...

Raph12
01-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Whoever watched the game will agree that Pau was getting manned up by his bro Marc, he scored on easy baskets and not so much in iso situations... Bynum was having better success in the post than Pau.

Kobe did what he always does, he felt that the team was losing their confidence and then tried to bail them out, didn't go so smoothly.

JasonJohnHorn
01-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Kobe always has games like this. Live by the sword, die by the sword. But Phil is right, a balanced attack where all players are involved makes your offence harder to defend and help the team play to its max potential.

blacknell
01-03-2011, 07:50 PM
yep typical Kobe trying to take over and win it by himself

C-Style
01-03-2011, 09:46 PM
LOL @ all the haters

ManRam
01-03-2011, 10:03 PM
LOL @ all the haters

Insightful...and typical.

Thank you for contributing so eloquently.

Phil is a hater? That's what you're saying?

nickdymez
01-03-2011, 10:10 PM

hahahahha.. This is ridiculous because they won the last two championships... With that said, i do think Kobe needs to get the ball to the bigs a lil more at times...

SteveNash
01-03-2011, 10:31 PM
yes is the time to trqade the 33 years old ballhgoh that still thinks he is 25

Artest is only 31.

Flojo
01-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Jackson clarified what he meant when he said "screw up the game" after practice, taking some of the bite out of the sound bite.

"When a game starts getting out of hand -- and rightly so -- Kobe will crank it up, not screw it up," Jackson said. "I used that term 'screw it up' but not in terms of it being an error or a mistake, but 'crank it up.' He'll go to another notch to try to get us back in the ballgame. That's something we do in the fourth quarter, that's our fourth quarter action, that's how we win ballgames. To have to crank it up and do that in the third quarter, we didn't have much left in the gas tank after that."

"[Jackson] was right, I totally broke the offense, but I did it intentionally because I felt like we needed to get something started because what we were doing just wasn't working," Bryant said. "So, I tried to kick start it and sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't but that's my responsibility. When it works out? Great. When it doesn't? I'll take the criticism for it, but I have thick enough skin to be able to do that. ... You just have to take the good with the bad. That's part of my job in the seat that I sit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5985885&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

More stuff out of LA, after their Monday practice.

desertlakeshow
01-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Does anyone here watch the games before commenting. Especially you that are supposed to be Laker fans.

Kobe shoots when the team forgets how too. Sometimes it brings them back, and sometimes it does not.

Pau had plenty of touches with the ball, he has to be more aggressive with the ball and get better position to receive the ball.

Kobe passed to his teammates plenty, and they try to build a building with bricks.

Phil is playing the team with mind games. He knows that Kobe is trying 100% but is not getting it from others. So blame Kobe, and his teammates will feel guilty and come out and play harder. He knows that Kobe can take the criticism and play better, and that the others cannot.

Phil will blame Kobe, his teammates will come to his defense on the court and play better.

Phil Jackson Playbook page 127 subsection 9 paragraph 7-10.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Bunch of idiots posting things when they cleary have no idea what happened. Let me break it down for you.

Kobe shots by quarter

1st qtr-2
2nd qtr- 3
3rd qtr-12
4th qtr- 4

He was 6 of 12 in that 3rd so he was efficient. He only tried to take that many shots once they were down 13. If he didnt try to take that many, you same haters would be saying he gave up on the team and didnt shoot on purpose to prove a point.

Get over it. You can go back to rooting for your inferior teams now and worry about them hopefully getting passed the first round. The Lakers dont give a crap about January games like you and your teams do. These games mean absolutely nothing. I have never been so bored with a regular season in my life. Cant wait till June comes so that you guys can be talking about who your team is going to draft in the lottery, and I can worry about getting another day off of work to go to a parade.

NYtilIdie
01-03-2011, 11:39 PM
Bunch of idiots posting things when they cleary have no idea what happened. Let me break it down for you.

Kobe shots by quarter

1st qtr-2
2nd qtr- 3
3rd qtr-12
4th qtr- 4

He was 6 of 12 in that 3rd so he was efficient. He only tried to take that many shots once they were down 13. If he didnt try to take that many, you same haters would be saying he gave up on the team and didnt shoot on purpose to prove a point.

Get over it. You can go back to rooting for your inferior teams now and worry about them hopefully getting passed the first round. The Lakers dont give a crap about January games like you and your teams do. These games mean absolutely nothing. I have never been so bored with a regular season in my life. Cant wait till June comes so that you guys can be talking about who your team is going to draft in the lottery, and I can worry about getting another day off of work to go to a parade.

What if your team is the Celtics or Spurs?

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-03-2011, 11:41 PM
What if your team is the Celtics or Spurs?

They can talk. But only them. :p

knicksfan42
01-03-2011, 11:49 PM
but no one likes him. You never hear players talk about how much they like him.

Oh come on he only punched a teammate in the face once. And publicly humiliated one once. Thats not so bad.

heatking
01-03-2011, 11:53 PM
gotta love the Zen tactics, not only did he make you think what he wanted to make you think that he made you think but he also made you think he actually meant to correct himself.

Pure brilliance. I wouldnt be surprised to see the lakers go on a big run with kobe leading the way after this.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Oh come on he only punched a teammate in the face once. And publicly humiliated one once. Thats not so bad.

To be an effective leader, you can not be guys best friends. Ask Jordan who punched one teammate and humiliated guys daily in the press.

Good boss, gets no respect. Guys like him, but dont work their hardest because they think he is soft and wont hold them accountable. @$$HOLE bosses have the best people working for them, and get the most productivity. Thats something you learn in management 101

liubi41
01-03-2011, 11:57 PM
Dear customers, thank you for your support of our company.
Here, there's good news to tell you: The company recently
launched a number of new fashion items! ! Fashionable
and welcome everyone to come buy. If necessary, please
plut:==== http://clothesmall.org ======
We need your support and trust!
╰┘ 。 ┅★`_、
│\__╭╭╭╭╭__/│   
│ │            
│           │ 
│  ●       ● │ 
│≡    o    ≡│
│           │ 
╰┬O◤▽◥O┬╯
   |  o  |
   |╭---╮| ┌┬┬┬┐ 
╞╧╧╧╧══╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧

GREATNESS ONE
01-04-2011, 12:10 AM
Umm, we've won 2 championships with Kobe being the number 1 option... In the last two years... :eyebrow:

going to be 3 :D

kobe24>lebron23
01-04-2011, 12:28 AM
You Kobe haters are stupid here read this and get a life
http://m.ocregister.com/sports/bryant-282450-lakers-game.html

soundjunkies2
01-04-2011, 12:29 AM

If you watched the Lakers every game you'd realize that isn't possible. Pau isn't suited to be the #1 option. There are so many games when Pau has no impact what so ever.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-04-2011, 12:32 AM

Kobe shots by quarter

1st qtr-2
2nd qtr- 3
3rd qtr-12
4th qtr- 4

Damn, that sounds egotistical. Sorry, just get fired up when people just start saying things when they have no idea what is going on.

But it does give an indication about how Phil runs his offense. Kobe goes on a tear and gets the Lakers who were down by 13, all the way to down by 2. And Phil thinks he is wrecking the game. All the great players in the league get to have the ball in their hands the whole game and their coach loves it. Whether its Lebron, Wade, Paul, Williams, Durant etc. But Kobe does it for one quarter, and even one that he was productive in, and Phil wants to immediately bash him for not playing exactly the way Phil wants his team to play offense. If Wade gets hot in the 3rd quarter and brings his team back from the dead, Spolstra is singing his praises. Kobe does it, and Phil calls him out.

Phil would rather lose by 30 running the offense that he preaches, than have a guy go rogue and try to save the day. Its why Phil is a great coach, and his teams are ready to perform in the playoffs. He likes to use January losses as teaching tools. He does not want to push them to get every win possible, but rather them play the way he wants, and hope it all pays off in June

kobe24>lebron23
01-04-2011, 12:43 AM
for everyone who thinks kobe is in the same league as jordan, this is one of the reasons he's not.

Hey buddy Your the one who brought it up so clearly he has to be up there with Jordan... Y make a statement Dude ur scared that's y u said that Kobe isn't in jordans league, but honestly u made it worse and ur kidding yourself if u say their not in thesame league sure Jordan has more career accomplishments but both of their skills and moves are basically the same!

THINKBLUE15
01-04-2011, 01:01 AM
Jordan is Jordan. Kobe is Kobe. Jordan was better. That doesn't take anything away from Kobe who is still one of the greatest players any of us have ever seen.

Lim
01-04-2011, 01:04 AM

true but kobes ego will NEVER let that happen EVER. i seriously dont think he could live with himself if he was the #2 option. i can see him at age 40 taking 25 shots a game

AddiX
01-04-2011, 01:17 AM
Do you watch any Laker games? Your statement is so incorrect that I do not even know where to start correcting it. His teammates love him, he is like a second coach to that whole team, and he is constantly talking to other players on the bench. Maybe just because he is so focused you don't see him joke around much, but watch him on the bench when the game is clearly in hand and see how he acts.

It is also obvious that must of the people posting in here didn't watch the game. Phil even said Kobe tried to spark the team when they were not clicking. He played the team game until it stopped working, then he tried to take over

I'm not a Kobe Hater, I've called him the best player in the game multiple times. But he's never been the leader of that team, Phil is. And Shaq was, and so was Fisher. Kobe can talk all he wants, the guys don't like him.

AIRMAR72
01-04-2011, 01:31 AM
Hey buddy Your the one who brought it up so clearly he has to be up there with Jordan... Y make a statement Dude ur scared that's y u said that Kobe isn't in jordans league, but honestly u made it worse and ur kidding yourself if u say their not in thesame league sure Jordan has more career accomplishments but both of their skills and moves are basically the same!

can i ask you something do you play basketball? at any level organize? have you ever seen MJ played? how long have you been watching kobe play? have u ever seen kobe played in da flesh? let me break this down to you.. im sure you know of the R&B singer usher? ok, well he does the same exact moves and dance like micheal jackson (RIP) BUT DOES HE actually do it better than micheal jackson? and does usher moves look da same as how micheal jackson does it... i dont think so theres no comparson to jordan we will never see another jordan he was machine like tom brady just simply unstopable.. kobe (ratface) bryant is a phony a fake a trickster who saw too many re-runs of come fly with me as youngster

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-04-2011, 01:39 AM
I'm not a Kobe Hater, I've called him the best player in the game multiple times. But he's never been the leader of that team, Phil is. And Shaq was, and so was Fisher. Kobe can talk all he wants, the guys don't like him.

I would like to know your definition of a "leader". You think Shaq is a leader? Shaq? The same guy who said he got hurt on company time, so he will heal on company time? The same Shaq with a notoriously horrible work ethic? The same Shaq who has left several teams and talked crap about all of them after he left? Phil is definately a leader. Fish is too. But are you trying to give the credit of winning championships to one of the worst players in the league, just because you think guys like him more?

There are good guys who are your freinds. And there are leaders. Kobe is the exact definition of a leader. Like I said earlier. The greatest generals, and greatest bosses, are @$$holes. Their employees or soilders dont like them, but they respect them. That is when a leader, boss, general knows he has done his job. When the follower hates his task master ways, but will follow those task to tee, because they know the leader will call them on thier b.s. Not having everyone sing kumbaya

dnewguy
01-04-2011, 01:54 AM
The Lakers are 23-11...since when did that become a bad record? The media always looks for spats when things are going south, if the Lakers were winning, you wouldn't even hear his story. Just like the Heat, all the Lakers need is patience. Cooler heads prevail, kudos to Kobe for cooling things down...............intelligently.

Kenny
01-04-2011, 02:20 AM
The Lakers are 23-11...since when did that become a bad record? The media always looks for spats when things are going south, if the Lakers were winning, you wouldn't even hear his story. Just like the Heat, all the Lakers need is patience. Cooler heads prevail, kudos to Kobe for cooling things down...............intelligently.

There are so many bad teams in the nba now that if your a top team it's really tough not to have a great record even if your not playing as good as you can.

JayW_1023
01-04-2011, 06:59 AM
I don't really have a problem with Kobe shooting alot...but when the Lakers offense is sputtering and there is no ball movement, it is in his teams best interest if he looks to facilitate more often instead of being such a ballstopper.

You have two quality 7-footers down low...use them instead of taking all these low percentage shots.

knicksfan42
01-04-2011, 07:19 AM
There are good guys who are your freinds. And there are leaders. Kobe is the exact definition of a leader. Like I said earlier. The greatest generals, and greatest bosses, are @$$holes. Their employees or soilders dont like them, but they respect them. That is when a leader, boss, general knows he has done his job. When the follower hates his task master ways, but will follow those task to tee, because they know the leader will call them on thier b.s. Not having everyone sing kumbaya

Punching a teammate in the face and insulting another one on video surpass the realm of casual *******ry.

madvillian9
01-04-2011, 12:25 PM

They never went through a stretch where they've looked this bad. Come playoff time, the Lakers might be looking at a 3, possibly 4 seed, and home-court advantage is something they might want to have.

SteBO
01-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Punching a teammate in the face and insulting another one on video surpass the realm of casual *******ry.
You gotta let that go. The past is the past. Whether you like or not, Kobe is the leader of that team. His will to win, again, is what keeps that team afloat. People love to blame Kobe for everything that goes wrong and it's ridiculous, especially since their current struggles to me are linked directly at Pau Gasol, not Bryant. Kobe isn't the one settling for jumpers and being soft down low. Gasol has done nothing when gets the ball, Artest has been a complete joke so far, Bynum's been okay but not great, and the bench has been pedestrian. Lamar Odom has been the only consistent one. Add all these things up, and you have the 2006 L.A. Lakers. Bottom line is, Pau Gasol needs to play better and be more aggresive and hopefully that starts tonight vs. Detroit and their lack of front line depth from what I see.

Another thing. I've read a few times on this thread that Kobe rode Shaq's coattails for 3 straight titles and that Shaq was the rue leader of that team. Both of these notions are the silliest crap I've ever heard. It's easy for Kobe haters to say Kobe won rings cuz of Shaq, but I can also say Shaq wouldn't have won titles without Kobe. Are you aware that Kobe grabbed a lot of attention on the perimeter. (And still does to this day) That's a big reason why Shaq put up those monster numbers in his prime, and vice versa. Kobe had unbelieveable games in the playoffs as well because Shaq drew so much defenders. Point being, both guys complimented each other well and one would've certainly not won a championship without the other. That's just reality.

SteBO
01-04-2011, 12:50 PM
They never went through a stretch where they've looked this bad. Come playoff time, the Lakers might be looking at a 3, possibly 4 seed, and home-court advantage is something they might want to have.
The've proven they can win on the road. They don't need it, trust me on that.

Catoblepas
01-04-2011, 01:07 PM
hmm instead of trying to take over the game on offense he should start doing it on defense.. ive noticed when hes in the def mode hardcore.. he ignites the whole team into it..

ragee
01-04-2011, 01:10 PM
kobe shot 22 shots

What's happening to Gasol? He was doing great early this season...

AddiX
01-04-2011, 01:16 PM
I would like to know your definition of a "leader". You think Shaq is a leader? Shaq? The same guy who said he got hurt on company time, so he will heal on company time? The same Shaq with a notoriously horrible work ethic? The same Shaq who has left several teams and talked crap about all of them after he left? Phil is definately a leader. Fish is too. But are you trying to give the credit of winning championships to one of the worst players in the league, just because you think guys like him more?

Shaq and Fish left and the team went no where.

Kobe tried to take over and it looked horrible on the basketball court. His teammates looked lost. There was no hope. He didn't make anyone on the court better.

Up 3-0 in the playoffs against PHX and PHX still knocked them out. Face it, Kobe is a disaster as a leader.

magic0320
01-04-2011, 01:24 PM

Kobe tried to take over and it looked horrible on the basketball court. His teammates looked lost. There was no hope. He didn't make anyone on the court better.

Up 3-0 in the playoffs against PHX and PHX still knocked them out. Face it, Kobe is a disaster as a leader.

hahaha are you kidding me those years show how great leader kobe was making playoff with that kind of players around him.

any fans that has any knowledge of basketball will tell you that much

AddiX
01-04-2011, 02:30 PM
hahaha are you kidding me those years show how great leader kobe was making playoff with that kind of players around him.

any fans that has any knowledge of basketball will tell you that much

No one wants to follow Kobe, that's why when you see him yelling at them and telling them what to do they don't respond.

And when Kobe tries to take over games they look like crap. They stop playing.

smith&wesson
01-04-2011, 03:05 PM

i didnt know phil played the games for kobe too. he must have won all those rings for jordan as well :confused:

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-04-2011, 04:30 PM

Get your facts straight. Shaq, Fisher and everyone not named Luke Walton left. Including the coach. Ask Lebron and Wade how difficult it is to play in a new system with new teammates. Then for good measure, have that system changed mid season because the coach retires.

They were up 3-1. Not 3-0. And since you say Phil is the Lakes leader when they are winning rings. Why put the blame on Kobe for the Suns series? Oh I get it, Phil is the leader when they win, and Kobe is the leader when they lose. HAHA! Hater in the house.

Hellcrooner
01-04-2011, 05:04 PM
What's happening to Gasol? He was doing great early this season...

He wa sshooting 20 times a game. and that other guy was shooting his 20 too

<Then he had a triple double and a lot of the media talking bout mvp.

Someone had 9 points that game.

Ever since that game that someone has started shooting 25+ shots a game, whiel pau has been denied the ball and is shoting like 13 times a game.

Boottom end, you knwo what happens when someone does shoot too much and the ball is not shared and the team dont play like a team? you lose.

Dont beleive me?

check the blazers.

8-12 with the "pass the ball to roy and get out of the way system"

8-4 with the " pass the ball to the open man system"

ragee
01-04-2011, 10:25 PM
He wa sshooting 20 times a game. and that other guy was shooting his 20 too

<Then he had a triple double and a lot of the media talking bout mvp.

Someone had 9 points that game.

Ever since that game that someone has started shooting 25+ shots a game, whiel pau has been denied the ball and is shoting like 13 times a game.

Boottom end, you knwo what happens when someone does shoot too much and the ball is not shared and the team dont play like a team? you lose.

Dont beleive me?

check the blazers.

8-12 with the "pass the ball to roy and get out of the way system"

8-4 with the " pass the ball to the open man system"

Hahaha... You don't have to tell me about the Blazers... You see me in there... That's being biased though... Roy is not 100% when they lost some of those games... Although I got to admit I am loving what Wes and Rudy are doing since Roy sat out...

magichatnumber9
01-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Kobe's like cheap wine

0nekhmer
01-05-2011, 01:46 AM
wow never heard a coach blame his star player so straightforwardly like that. " he had to screw it up " LOL

Hustlenomics
01-05-2011, 01:48 AM
Kobe is shooting 33% today ..seems to be an everyday thing with him

C-Style
01-05-2011, 01:59 AM
Kobe's like cheap wine

That makes Monta Ellis sewer water.

iCOOKiE MONSTER
01-05-2011, 02:12 AM

I like Kobe :) no homo
he's beast but his shot isn't falling. Gasol is playing
very soft. This team needs to relax n just keep fighting

C-Style
01-05-2011, 02:21 AM
Kobe is shooting 33% today ..seems to be an everyday thing with him

R U A Iverson fan boy? if so u have no room to talk:laugh2:

madiaz3
01-05-2011, 02:23 AM
He went 0-9, all of them were good looks though. Finished the night a respectful 6-18 when you think about it that way.

blueplanet
01-05-2011, 02:26 AM
So much for Kobe is better than LeBron and Wade.

THINKBLUE15
01-05-2011, 02:32 AM
So much for Kobe is better than LeBron and Wade.

Age and miles. Age and miles.

Is he still the best player in the NBA? No. But he's the best player of my generation and a champion. One of the greatest players to ever step on the court and the hatred he gets is unjustified. He's past his prime. SO what? Still a phenomenal player and has had a way better career than both of those guys and when all their careers are over, I expect it to stay that way.