PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Detroit in advanced discussions for Andre Miller and Boris Diaw

DitchDat
01-03-2011, 07:22 AM
Reportedly, a four-team trade between the Pistons, Trailblazers, Bobcats and New York Knicks is in an advanced stage.

Portland gets expirings (Curry, Wilcox) and Mozgov
Bobcats get Rip Hamilton, Landry Fields and Roger Mason
Knicks get Camby, Rudy Fernandez, Jerebko and Matt Carroll

source: my local radio station

discuss! good trade?

dodie53
01-03-2011, 07:28 AM
portland is going to tank the season?

where's the pistons side?

dodie53
01-03-2011, 07:28 AM

Gators123
01-03-2011, 07:34 AM
I smell BS...

aussiepiston
01-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Hmm, as you can tell i am a Pistons fan.

If we could keep Jerebko and include even 2 2nd rounders, i'd be up for it.

Miller and Diaw are not part of our future, so its basically weighing up whether getting rid of Rip's horrible contract is worth it. With Wilcox recently stepping up his play, i'd want to keep Jonas, but i guess i'd still be ok with the deal if he was included.

At the moment- any change is good :(

xabial
01-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Terrible... Knicks can kiss signing Carmelo if he's a free agent this off-season because their trading Eddy Curry's giant expiring contract, for Marcus camby's cap killing contract (He's a good player but his contract literally wipes out the chances knicks have enough cap space to sign Carmelo) Rudy Fernandez is a bench player in portland, dont see how he translates his game into the Knicks, even if this is the perfect system/coach for him..
I dont know who jerebko, and matt carol are.. so i dont know what to expect from them...

And their trading away LANDRY FIELDS...!! i thought he was untouchable!

PennyMy#1
01-03-2011, 07:41 AM

:confused: You do read the thread title, huh ? ;)

PrettyBoyJ
01-03-2011, 07:55 AM
I doubt the Knicks bite on this.. we need a big man but not at the risk of losing our shot at Melo..

BradyIsTheMan12
01-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Well this looks likely..not

PrettyBoyJ
01-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Terrible... Knicks can kiss signing Carmelo if he's a free agent this off-season because their trading Eddy Curry's giant expiring contract, for Marcus camby's cap killing contract (He's a good player but his contract literally wipes out the chances knicks have enough cap space to sign Carmelo) Rudy Fernandez is a bench player in portland, dont see how he translates his game into the Knicks, even if this is the perfect system/coach for him..
I dont know who jerebko, and matt carol are.. so i dont know what to expect from them...

And their trading away LANDRY FIELDS...!! i thought he was untouchable!

yeah man I thought so too.. but then again I dont think this gonna happen

Gators123
01-03-2011, 07:58 AM
I can't find even one source that backs any of this up.

nykobe24
01-03-2011, 07:59 AM
wow i cant see the knicks giving up landery fields no way

Khalifa21
01-03-2011, 08:01 AM
:bs:

SteBO
01-03-2011, 08:05 AM
:bs:
It doesn't hurt your chances with Melo, and your adding size with Camby and shooting with Rudy. How is it a bad trade for you guys?

xabial
01-03-2011, 08:14 AM
It doesn't hurt your chances with Melo, and your adding size with Camby and shooting with Rudy. How is it a bad trade for you guys?

uhm...it does hurt our chances with melo. Right Now Melo has leverage with the nuggets. He can tell the nuggets knicks can offer him a max to a near max contract this off-season, if he ever hits the free agent market. But if we trade for marcus camby ...he's owed $9.2M cap next year next year, and we can say good bye to cap-space available to sign Carmelo if he ever becomes a free agent... So in reality, we cant offer Carmelo a lot of money the Knicks Trade For Camby.
Cap-Space is a very valuable thing in the NBA my friend...

But, Camby would help this in more ways then measured... Center is the Knicks weakest position, they are one center away from being a power-house.

Being a GM must be hard...

SteBO
01-03-2011, 08:19 AM
uhm...it does hurt our chances with melo. Right Now Melo has leverage with the nuggets. He can tell the nuggets knicks can offer him a max to a near max contract this off-season, if he ever hits the free agent market. But if we trade for marcus camby ...he's owed $9.2M cap next year next year, and we can say good bye to cap-space available to sign Carmelo if he ever becomes a free agent... So in reality, we cant offer Carmelo a lot of money if he every hits Free Agency, if we trade for camby.
Cap-Space is a very valuable thing in the NBA my friend...

But, Camby would help this in more ways then measured... Center is the Knicks weakest position, they are one center away from being a power-house.

Being a GM must be hard...
That's why I'm saying that this isn't a horrible trade for the Knicks, though I was unaware that Camby was making 9.2 million. :speechless: That's ridiculous!

29$JerZ
01-03-2011, 08:26 AM

It does

NY's major advantge in the Melo sweepstakes is we can flat out sign him to a Max so a trade would not be needed like it would for teams like Chicago.

You lose that Cap and you can kiss all leverage for Melo goodbye.

Also the players added do nothing for us.
I like Jonas but we have enough SF's and Carroll is a waste of money for just a shooter. We have plenty of shooters. NY needs front court depth.

This deal makes Zero sense, especially if Landry is involved because he would be a likely piece to trade for Melo if Denver breaks Feb.

adding Camby does nothing for us. We aren't competing for a title this year and unless we get Melo or upgrade the C and backup PG dramatically we won't be contending next year so adding Camby does nothing but hurt us.

aZekuiS
01-03-2011, 08:33 AM
I hope this is not true. Jerebko is one of the few players on the Pistons roster I don't want traded..

pistonsfanomg
01-03-2011, 08:42 AM
b.s

aZekuiS
01-03-2011, 09:00 AM
trade doesn't even make sense at all. Why would the Bobcats want S. Jackson/Rip/Wallace/Fields/Mason in the backcourt. Why would Detroit want Miller and Stuckey on the same team? That's worse than Roy/Miller. Portland refused to deal Rudy for much better offers than that and they throw in Camby with him for nothing?

GreatMustachio1
01-03-2011, 09:29 AM
I really like Landry Fields, but from a Bobcats point of view, I would not do this trade.

tmacsc2
01-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Pistons should add t-mac in that trade to go to the blazers!

_Supreme_
01-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Portland would have no starting point guard and no (healthy) starting center left.

That, and NY would basically eliminate themselves from the Melo race.

I'm calling bs on this rumour.

ragee
01-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Why the hell would the Blazers agree to this??? Give up two of their starters to get a project center and get like 3 mil off their budget? I don't think so... Our owner name is Paul Allen... Being cheap and getting ripped off just to save some money is not in his vocabulary...

uprightciti
01-03-2011, 10:07 AM
if camby was an expiring and fields was not part of the equation then i would say do the trade
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2cabu4a

minus -18 for portland LOL

ElishaJ1030
01-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Who plays point guard for the Blazers?

todu82
01-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Yeah, this trade doesn't make no sense at all. Why would New York trade a guy that could win rookie of the year?

THE WALL
01-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Reportedly, a four-team trade between the Pistons, Trailblazers, Bobcats and New York Knicks is in an advanced stage.

Portland gets expirings (Curry, Wilcox) and Mozgov
Bobcats get Rip Hamilton, Landry Fields and Roger Mason
Knicks get Camby, Rudy Fernandez, Jerebko and Matt Carroll

source: my local radio station

discuss! good trade?

No thanks.

king4day
01-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Need a link. If it's that advanced, I'm sure one will be available soon. Until then I'm closing the thread.