PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Caron Butler to miss the rest of the Season

JordansBulls
01-02-2011, 10:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=5981356

Caron Butler could miss the rest of the season because of a knee injury, a tough blow for the already-ailing Dallas Mavericks.

A person with direct knowledge of the initial diagnosis told ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon that the symptoms indicated Butler suffered at least a partial tear of the patellar tendon in his right knee.

If it is a partial tear, Butler could be out two months. However, if it's a full tear, he would miss the rest of the season. The Mavericks won't be certain about the extent of the injury until they get the results of an MRI that will be taken after Butler returns to Dallas on Sunday.

Dallas coach Rick Carlisle had no new information about the injury before Sunday's game at Cleveland. Carlisle said Butler was flying from Milwaukee to Dallas Sunday evening. Carlisle wasn't sure when the MRI will take place.

"Anyone who speculates beyond that should be very careful in what they do because it could have ramifications," Carlisle said.

Butler went down during a loss at Milwaukee on Saturday night. He was coming off a season-high 30-point performance the previous game while picking up the offensive slack because of an injury to leading scorer Dirk Nowitzki.

Nowitzki has a sprained right knee. He is day to day, and Dallas is 1-3 without him.

Butler, a small forward, is the team's third-leading scorer at 15.0 points per game. He plays an average of 30 minutes. The injury could be especially costly to him because he will be a free agent after this season.

Shawn Marion who missed the Bucks game with a thigh problem, returned to action Sunday. He scored 22 points in Dallas' 104-95 win.

Rookie Dominique Jones, the Mavericks' first-round pick, joined the team in Cleveland for Sunday's game. Jones had been playing for the Texas Legends, the Mavericks' D-League affiliate, averaging 18.2 points, 5.2 rebounds and 5.0 assists in 10 games.

godolphins
01-02-2011, 11:24 PM
That's a huge lost

bahama0811
01-02-2011, 11:24 PM
That really sucks. Huge loss for the Mavs.

Avenged
01-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Major loss. If he is out that long, perhaps they'll have him for the playoffs?

justinnum1
01-02-2011, 11:47 PM
So much for the mavs

OaklandsFinest
01-02-2011, 11:51 PM
how about this....... and add picks if neccesary http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=26swktq

CHANGO
01-02-2011, 11:59 PM
That's a really big loss for the Mavs. I hope Butler recover soon and return to be the same.

Knicks21
01-03-2011, 12:06 AM
how about this....... and add picks if neccesary http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=26swktq

You cant have Holiday in there. I dont think Philly is willing to part with him.

Chronz
01-03-2011, 12:15 AM
I think you guys are overreacting to his name and not realizing his porous play this season.

OaklandsFinest
01-03-2011, 12:20 AM
You cant have Holiday in there. I dont think Philly is willing to part with him.

Why??? Philly gets the salary dump, the get a young stud in Roddy an throw in adraft pick Philly gets kind of a steal.. Plus they prolly want turner handling the ball anyway since thats the role he tends to succeed in..

bal_ravens
01-03-2011, 12:22 AM
^ Two up, your video is set as private! (off topic)

ManRam
01-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Well, expect Cuban to make a move now...

Huge loss. Just as I had named them favorites in my head...this happens. Cuban has to be crying. It looks like the Lakers might finally be slipping, and one of his best guys goes down. ******.

And I don't know Chronz...he hasn't been great, but it still is a significant loss. He's not an all-star caliber player like he was, but I think he fits in perfectly in that system. A lot of pressure now on guys like Roddy and Stevenson (sucks sucks sucks, I don't care what his numbers are this year, he's garbage). Not a good thing.

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-03-2011, 12:32 AM
I had this in the other thread, but it got closed.

What do you think about this trade: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2a86lyv

Sadds The Gr8
01-03-2011, 12:33 AM
i think it's big only because they don't have consistent scoring on the wings. Butler played pretty crap but, I don't think Terry and Marion can carry the scoring load.

MacFitz92
01-03-2011, 12:35 AM
I think you guys are overreacting to his name and not realizing his porous play this season.

Are you talking about the 30 point game when Dirk was out? or his 43% 3pt shooting?

Do you even watch the Mavs?

OaklandsFinest
01-03-2011, 12:35 AM

What do you think about this trade: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2a86lyv

big win for charlotte!!

beasted86
01-03-2011, 12:36 AM
If Mavericks want to prove they are an elite team they will continue to win with their defense. That's been the real key to their success.

They are posting the best defensive rating they've had since like 2003.

MacFitz92
01-03-2011, 12:37 AM

Roddy B, DoJo, and Haywood for Stephen Jackson and Turiaf? Hell no.

drobe86
01-03-2011, 12:38 AM

No offense but I think the trade sucks.... We're giving up our future (Roddy B and Dojo) for Stephen Jackson a 32 or 33 year old above average player? We do that and in 2 years we'll be picking in the top 5 in the draft lol.... Put Iguodala or Kevin Martin in that trade and then we can talk...

drobe86
01-03-2011, 12:40 AM
Roddy B, DoJo, and Haywood for Stephen Jackson and Turiaf? Hell no.

+1 Cuban should ***** slap Jordan if he comes at him with a ridiculous like this....

beasted86
01-03-2011, 12:41 AM
No offense but I think the trade sucks.... We're giving up our future (Roddy B and Dojo) for Stephen Jackson a 32 or 33 year old above average player? We do that and in 2 years we'll be picking in the top 5 in the draft lol.... Put Iguodala or Kevin Martin in that trade and then we can talk...

How about Roddy B + Dojo + 1st for Mayo?

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Yea your right i was thinking about that before i posted it. The Mavs aren't getting enough or just giving too much.

I think its better to replace Dojo with a 1st round pick by the Mavs

Whatever trade they mke, Roddy B is gonna be included and maybe Dojo depending on who they get in return. Btw i wouldnt consider Dojo part of the "future" just yet. I like his potential, but he just finished playing his first game today. Roddyon the other hand is beast and is definitely part of the future and will take the role of JT.

drobe86
01-03-2011, 12:45 AM
How about Roddy B + Dojo + 1st for Mayo?

We're getting closer, but no... Maybe I'd do Roddy B and a 1st for Mayo. Or Dojo and a 1st but clearly not both.... Mayo's reached his ceiling and the sky's the limit for Roddy B. Idk much about Dojo yet....

drobe86
01-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Yea your right i was thinking about that before i posted it. The Mavs aren't getting enough or just giving too much.

I think its better to replace Dojo with a 1st round pick by the Mavs

Whatever trade they mke, Roddy B is gonna be included and maybe Dojo depending on who they get in return. Btw i wouldnt consider Dojo part of the "future" just yet. I like his potential, but he just finished playing his first game today. Roddyon the other hand is beast and is definitely part of the future and will take the role of JT.

I'm not so sure about that because the Mavs Brass is really high on Roddy B. I mean it's gotta be something that knocks our socks off... If it's not a deal involving the likes of Iguodala, Kevin Martin, Roddy B, or Melo, or Joe Johnson... Don't bother including Roddy B.... Just sayin

MacFitz92
01-03-2011, 12:56 AM
The Mavericks value Roddy B above Mayo most likely.

MacFitz92
01-03-2011, 12:56 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=26q44ra

This is what interests me, if Houston is looking for a change. They need a center.

210Don
01-03-2011, 12:58 AM

This is what interests me, if Houston is looking for a change. They need a center.

i doubt that deal would get deal done. melo is only going to new york i doubt hed wanna play in dallas

drobe86
01-03-2011, 12:58 AM
The Mavericks value Roddy B above Mayo most likely.

Yea you're right, but I think they would at least think about it. Mayo's a guy that can give us 20 a game, he's young and a good scorer. Problem is, he gives us nothing else and he's not really different from anything that we already have. We would probably pass, but it could be tempting.....

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-03-2011, 01:00 AM

Meh not very realistic at all. The rockets are not getting enough, Kevin Martin is a damn good player. And im pretty sure you cant trade an injured player lol, they have to pass physicals i believe.

This is basically the same trade, but instead the Mavs get K Mart: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25sc9my

OaklandsFinest
01-03-2011, 01:03 AM
check out the trade I proposed on the first page I think thats a perfect deal for the Mavs... http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=26swktq

MacFitz92
01-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Meh not very realistic at all. The rockets are not getting enough, Kevin Martin is a damn [offensive] good player. And im pretty sure you cant trade an injured player lol, they have to pass physicals i believe.

This is basically the same trade, but instead the Mavs get K Mart: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25sc9my

He's a good offensive player. He's so bad on defense I don't want to see him in a Mavs uni. The defense here is what has been winning us games.

MacFitz92
01-03-2011, 01:04 AM
No thanks to Roddy, Haywood, and DoJo for KMart.

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-03-2011, 01:04 AM
check out the trade I proposed on the first page I think thats a perfect deal for the Mavs... http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=26swktq

Thats ridiculous. No way the sixers part with Holiday for that.

OaklandsFinest
01-03-2011, 01:09 AM
you think Roddy and a draft pick is not enough for Holiday? how so?

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-03-2011, 01:09 AM
No thanks to Roddy, Haywood, and DoJo for KMart.

Ok you need to understand that the Mavs have no leverage and are gonna have to take risks. They HAVE to get someone if they want to compete. Caron was the toughness of that team and a huge blow. If they stay put, i wouldn't be surprised if they get passed by the Lakers, Thunder, and Utah.

The Mavs are not getting Melo and it seems thats the only player you want if it means to give up Roddy B and Dojo (who isn't even that good of a prospect).

drobe86
01-03-2011, 01:10 AM
He's a good offensive player. He's so bad on defense I don't want to see him in a Mavs uni. The defense here is what has been winning us games.

Well, but now Martin is the type of scorer we need to take the pressure off of Dirk. I mean if you bring in Martin heres what it looks like:

Kidd
Martin
Stevenson
Dirk
Chandler

Bench
Terry
Marion
Mahimi
Barea

I'm not for adding Roddy into this deal, but I believe I would part with him in the end. Stevenson guards the other teams best player, and Chandler locks down people early and often. Kidd plays the passing lanes and defends as well as any, and Marion is a stopper as well. Martin is a terrible defender but I'm not sure that will matter. We need his offense

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-03-2011, 01:11 AM

Roddy and a LOW pick is definitely not enough for Holiday. Imo Holiday is one of the best prospects in the NBA (way better than Roddy B) and will emerge as a very good PG once he gets consistent minutes. Plus, you also included Iggy so that is even crazier.

drobe86
01-03-2011, 01:12 AM

Well lets see, Roddy is faster, more athletic, and a better shooter from the field, 3, and free throw than Holiday. Jrue is a better defender at this stage but his ceiling is ultimately lower than Roddy B. Im not saying Jrue is a bad player because I think he can be really good, but at the end of the day Roddy will end up being a better player..... Holiday can't shoot a lick

drobe86
01-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Ok you need to understand that the Mavs have no leverage and are gonna have to take risks. They HAVE to get someone if they want to compete. Caron was the toughness of that team and a huge blow. If they stay put, i wouldn't be surprised if they get passed by the Lakers, Thunder, and Utah.

The Mavs are not getting Melo and it seems thats the only player you want if it means to give up Roddy B and Dojo (who isn't even that good of a prospect).

caron was a solid player but you're clearly overrating him lol... He has no explosion, doesn't go to rack, and does nothing but settle for his midrange jumper. He's a 15 ppg guy that is pretty good but far from irreplaceable.... And you saying Jrue Holiday has a higher ceiling than Roddy B is absurd lol... He can't shoot at all and really brings nothing to the table other than his defense.... Just saying

OaklandsFinest
01-03-2011, 01:25 AM
I think Jrue with Kidd as his mentor would be phenomenal... I think that Philly ultimately wins... they dump the salary, they can get one or maybe 2 picks if they're pushing it and they get Roddy who if he worse than Holiday its not much at all, and a pick or two...

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-03-2011, 01:27 AM
Well lets see, Roddy is faster, more athletic, and a better shooter from the field, 3, and free throw than Holiday. Jrue is a better defender at this stage but his ceiling is ultimately lower than Roddy B. Im not saying Jrue is a bad player because I think he can be really good, but at the end of the day Roddy will end up being a better player..... Holiday can't shoot a lick

Lol me and you have very different opinions on Jrue and Roddy. I've been following Jrue since UCLA so i know his game. Its hard to compare the two because Jrue is a true PG while Roddy is a SG. But hey they are both guards so ill try.

Jrue i think is already a more established player RIGHT NOW while being about a year and a half younger. He is obviously a way better passer and playmaker, and he is also a way better defender. Those are two very important and great qualities. Roddy is overall more athletic, but Jrue is also an athletic and quick guard. Also their size has to factor in, and Jrue has way better size. Roddy's shot is also better and very good, but i disagree when you say Jrue can't shoot. His rookie season he proved he can hit 3 as well as everything else. Don't know why he regressed this season, but he still has time to get his numbers up. Regardless Jrue's still is developing and im confident when i say he will have a very good shot from all over the court later on in his career.

Also, Jrue's ceiling his just as high as Roddy's

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-03-2011, 01:32 AM
caron was a solid player but you're clearly overrating him lol... He has no explosion, doesn't go to rack, and does nothing but settle for his midrange jumper. He's a 15 ppg guy that is pretty good but far from irreplaceable.... And you saying Jrue Holiday has a higher ceiling than Roddy B is absurd lol... He can't shoot at all and really brings nothing to the table other than his defense.... Just saying

Caron could guard the best player from the 2 and 3, that's a great quality. Maybe i am overrating him, but then so is the cast on NBA TV because they said the same thing.

And you sir are either vastly overrating Roddy or vastly underrating Jrue. Regardless both have GREAT potential and i don't think either are way ahead of each other potentially. But ima go with Jrue because he is younger, has better size, and is already a good PG with the ability to get a lot better. I dont think you knew Jrue was younger coming into this discussion because you wouldn't be rationally saying that Roddy has a much higher ceiling.

drobe86
01-03-2011, 01:36 AM
Lol me and you have very different opinions on Jrue and Roddy. I've been following Jrue since UCLA so i know his game. Its hard to compare the two because Jrue is a true PG while Roddy is a SG. But hey they are both guards so ill try.

Jrue i think is already a more established player RIGHT NOW while being about a year and a half younger. He is obviously a way better passer and playmaker, and he is also a way better defender. Those are two very important and great qualities. Roddy is overall more athletic, but Jrue is also an athletic and quick guard. Also their size has to factor in, and Jrue has way better size. Roddy's shot is also better and very good, but i disagree when you say Jrue can't shoot. His rookie season he proved he can hit 3 as well as everything else. Don't know why he regressed this season, but he still has time to get his numbers up. Regardless Jrue's **** is developing and im confident when i say he will have a very good shot from all over the court later on.

Also, Jrue's ceiling his just as high as Roddy's

I don't think either one of us is way off base in comparison of the 2 players. But you are right in there assessment, in that Roddy is a 2 and Jrue is a 1. But you have to admit Jrue isn't anywhere close to Roddy offensively. Roddy is one of the only rookies EVER to shoot 80% from the line, 40% from 3, and 50% from the field. I've watched Jrue Holiday and the kid can't shoot a lick. He can make a shot here or there but not consistently. Jrue does have better size, but I disagree with you saying he's worlds better than Roddy on the Defensive end. He's better I believe, but not THAT much better...
Holiday has a high ceiling but I think Roddy is better at the end of the day.

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Jrue is a staring PG right now, and would be on most teams and he is 20 years old. Roddy has never been a starter and im not sure if he would have been if it wasnt for Butlers injury. If he gets traded to the Bobcats lets say, he wouldn't start there either. He is an awesome offensive player, but Jrue has yet to even touch the surface offensively. How much better can Roddy get offensively anyways?

Its a good discussion and i never thought about who is better now and for the future, but i would definitely rather have Jrue.

Giraffes Rule
01-03-2011, 01:57 AM
Mavs fans regard Beaubois as the second coming of Jesus Christ in basketball form, anything less than Melo for him straight up isn't going to fly. :p

tangent12
01-03-2011, 02:01 AM
It's still no excuse to get embarrassed out of the playoffs once again.

OaklandsFinest
01-03-2011, 02:14 AM
lol Philly will be ok... I think Turner controlling the ball is better anyway, draft a scorer in the lottery, draft a good value pick later in the draft like a kalin lucas, and try and spend this season trying to elevate Brand's trade value so in the offseason you might move him too

PrettyBoyJ
01-03-2011, 02:36 AM
That was a big blow.. I wonder if they try and make a trade to help Dirk with the Load..

kblo247
01-03-2011, 02:39 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that the Pistons could solve Dallas's problem with Rip, Prince, and Ben for Haywood and Butler's expiring? They gain their championship experience, likely wouldn't have to flip their future prospects, and give Dirk help that has proven that they can play playoff ball.

Giraffes Rule
01-03-2011, 03:02 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that the Pistons could solve Dallas's problem with Rip, Prince, and Ben for Haywood and Butler's expiring? They gain their championship experience, likely wouldn't have to flip their future prospects, and give Dirk help that has proven that they can play playoff ball.

That trade doesn't work. Those three players are owed like $35 million, while Haywood and Butler are only a combined 16 or 17 million. I know the Mavs have a lot of trade exception money, but I don't think they have enough for that crazy trade. Don't really see what the Pistons gain from it either. Sure they're dumping two bad contracts, but I don't think Haywood's contract is very good either. Especially for a team that needs to completely rebuild from the ground up.

Storch
01-03-2011, 03:16 AM
for those proposing trades including butler, i don't think you can trade injured players?

That's too bad for the mavs, he was an adequate defender at the 2, even when his offense wasnt clicking.

kblo247
01-03-2011, 03:27 AM
You can trade them as long as you disclose their injury

Storch
01-03-2011, 03:34 AM
You can trade them as long as you disclose their injury

I stand corrected.

OaklandsFinest
01-03-2011, 04:40 AM
lol its only NBA Live that won't let you trade injured players....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-03-2011, 07:10 AM

you are absurd, Holiday is lightyears ahead of Beaubois

Klivlend
01-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Trade for T-MAC! ha

Sadds The Gr8
01-03-2011, 09:45 AM

:facepalm: Holiday is younger, has a true position, has more size, and more upside. All Roddy is is a scoring punch.

ragee
01-03-2011, 10:24 AM
That's a really big loss for the Mavs. I hope Butler recover soon and return to be the same.

I really don't get why everyone even Mavs fans are stuff like this... What has Butler done for the Mavs? He has been very inconsistent since he went to the Mavs... Sure, he can help us win a title but he has yet to prove that... To say we had a really big loss is such an exaggeration... I wish him well and hope he can come back, be consistent and help our team but until he does that, he is not really as big of a loss as many are saying...

JayW_1023
01-03-2011, 01:02 PM
For most teams this is a huge blow....but Dallas has Marion, Stevenson (who played well yesterday) Terry and later in the year Beaubois. they will fill in the void and keep the Mavs competitive.

It''s still tough, but it goes to show how filthy deep the Mavs are.

JordansBulls
01-03-2011, 01:58 PM
For most teams this is a huge blow....but Dallas has Marion, Stevenson (who played well yesterday) Terry and later in the year Beaubois. they will fill in the void and keep the Mavs competitive.

It''s still tough, but it goes to show how filthy deep the Mavs are.

It affects their bench the most.

daboywonder2002
01-03-2011, 03:32 PM
i think the mavs should make a play for grant hill. Dude deserves a ring. its not like the suns are going anywhere

drobe86
01-03-2011, 07:19 PM
:facepalm: Holiday is younger, has a true position, has more size, and more upside. All Roddy is is a scoring punch.

Sure Holiday is younger and has more size but THATS IT lol.. He plays better defense, but Roddy B is better in EVERY Facet on the offensive end. Their Defense is comparable, with Holiday having a slight edge, but Holiday hasn't done anything in his up to this point... Lol, Roddy has already dropped 40 in game.... Just saying

WolvesJagsOs
01-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Roddy is a beast, must admit.

Mplsman
01-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Big loss for the Mavs

dturpin598
01-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Sure Holiday is younger and has more size but THATS IT lol.. He plays better defense, but Roddy B is better in EVERY Facet on the offensive end. Their Defense is comparable, with Holiday having a slight edge, but Holiday hasn't done anything in his up to this point... Lol, Roddy has already dropped 40 in game.... Just saying

Holiday is a better player today and a better prospect for the future. Roddy is a really nice player but he only played 10 mpg last season.

drobe86
01-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Holiday is a better player today and a better prospect for the future. Roddy is a really nice player but he only played 10 mpg last season.

If Holiday is this Amazing player then why are the 76ers terrible? He's got Iggy, Brand, Evan Turner (who i think sucks, but other ppl say he's good) Thaddeus etc... You are saying he's a great prospect and he's not.... Great prospects are Blake Griffin, Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans, John Wall get what I'm saying? You can't compare Jrue Holiday to any of the above EVER..... I'm not saying Roddy is on those guys level either, however I do beilieve that Roddy can get there much sooner than Jrue Holiday will...

pistonsfanomg
01-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Rip for Caron Butler

dturpin598
01-03-2011, 10:41 PM
If Holiday is this Amazing player then why are the 76ers terrible? He's got Iggy, Brand, Evan Turner (who i think sucks, but other ppl say he's good) Thaddeus etc... You are saying he's a great prospect and he's not.... Great prospects are Blake Griffin, Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans, John Wall get what I'm saying? You can't compare Jrue Holiday to any of the above EVER..... I'm not saying Roddy is on those guys level either, however I do beilieve that Roddy can get there much sooner than Jrue Holiday will...

I don't think Iggy, Brand and Turner are that good. I'm not saying either Jrue or Roddy are on Griffin or Walls level (I don't think Jennings or Evans are either). Holiday has shown that he is an actual PG, while Roddy has only showed the ability to shoot when he touches the ball. Roddy does have more scoring ability easily, but Jrue is better in all other aspects. Roddy reminds me of Jason Terry, scores and has the ability to do other things but doesn't.
I'm interested to see what Roddy does this season when teams actually know who he is.

Don't get me wrong, I love Roddy. I think its absurd that Mavs fans (not saying you) think he is untouchable because of about 56 games at 13 minutes per game.

Flash3
01-03-2011, 11:00 PM

your kidding right ?

drobe86
01-03-2011, 11:10 PM
I don't think Iggy, Brand and Turner are that good. I'm not saying either Jrue or Roddy are on Griffin or Walls level (I don't think Jennings or Evans are either). Holiday has shown that he is an actual PG, while Roddy has only showed the ability to shoot when he touches the ball. Roddy does have more scoring ability easily, but Jrue is better in all other aspects. Roddy reminds me of Jason Terry, scores and has the ability to do other things but doesn't.
I'm interested to see what Roddy does this season when teams actually know who he is.

Don't get me wrong, I love Roddy. I think its absurd that Mavs fans (not saying you) think he is untouchable because of about 56 games at 13 minutes per game.

But thats where you are wrong, Jrue isn't better in ALL other aspects.... Roddy Beaubois gets in the paint at will.. (ie game 6 vs the Spurs before Carlisle took him out). Jason Terry is a fair comparison, but Roddy is far more explosive than Jet. He's a one man fast break, he drives, and he's exceptional from the free throw line as well as 3. Jrue is better defensively, but that's it....

All that being said, I don't think he's untouchable but it going to take a hell of a deal for us to part ways with him. Why would you give up a 22 year old ball of lightning? Dudes already dropped 40 in a game, and the only thing holding him back is coach Carlisle. Jrue Holiday isn't bad by any means, but in 2 years I haven't seen him really have a Spectacular game or do anything special. Doesn't mean he won't I just haven't seen it...

Sadds The Gr8
01-04-2011, 03:08 AM

lol the only thing Roddy is better at on the offensive end is shooting. Jrue is better at EVERY facet of the game. Like i said before, Roddy's just a scoring punch. a young Jason Terry.

SteBO
01-04-2011, 04:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=5988038

Discuss. :speechless:

black1605
01-04-2011, 04:17 PM
ESPN just said he is done for the year.

29$JerZ
01-04-2011, 04:18 PM
That's such an unlucky break for Dallas

tdunk21
01-04-2011, 04:25 PM
http://twitter.com/ArtGarcia_NBA

Caron Butler to miss rest of season. Had surgery today to repair ruptured right patellar tendon. #dallasmavs

Dade County
01-04-2011, 04:26 PM
I really don't no what to say.............. ummm
Damn man, keep your head up.

Would a team still trade for him, because his contract is up at the end of the year, for a salary dump.

shep33
01-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Yeah, ESPN says Butler is done for the year.

SteBO
01-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Yeah, ESPN says Butler is done for the year.
I read. This isn't good for Dallas. Once Dirk gets back healthy, they should be okay, bt I would be concerned about their lack of size at the wing spots.

h2r09
01-04-2011, 06:19 PM
yet another reason why the regular season and especially the early regular season really isnt all that important in the grand scheme of things.

Chacarron
01-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Poor Mavs, but injuries happen.

numba1CHANGsta
01-04-2011, 07:00 PM
second round exit :)

charlsdq7
01-04-2011, 07:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=5988038

SteBO
01-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Already a thread about this.

Da Knicks
01-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Tough break for the Mavs, Caron is a very good underrated player.

Klivlend
01-04-2011, 07:55 PM
This pisses me off. I really wanted the Mavs to surprise a lot of people. I don't think they can do it without Caron.

ManRam
01-04-2011, 08:04 PM
I've jumped on Chronz' "Caron Butler is not as big of a loss as his name might suggest" bandwagon.

Team ranks...

5th in minutes.
9th in PER.
10th in eFG%.
11th in ORtg.
10th in DRtg.
9th in Offensive WS.
6th in Defensive WS.
12th in WS/48 minutes.

Those aren't numbers that indicate he was incredibly valuable to his team's success.

Hell, DeShawn Stevenson was easily far more valuable to him, and now he'll get more minutes. Barea will have to step up and will see a few more minutes. Marion will see more minutes. They'll survive. I don't think this is a big loss...and I think Mr. Cuban will make a move if he needs to.