PDA

View Full Version : Cavs willing to commit to more salary

Wade>You
01-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Question: are the Cavs looking to commit suicide?

The Cavs should be looking to shed salary, not take on more salary, even if there is a "young talent" available (it'll probably be another JJ Hickson).

Current Cavs record: 8-24 (2nd worst in the NBA)

A look at their salary structure shows the following deals:
Antwan Jamison - 1 more season, $15mil
Mo Williams - 2 more seasons, $8.5mil
Anderson Varejao - 4 more seasons, $8.4mil
Daniel Gibson - 2 more seasons, $4.5mil
Ramon Sessions - 2 more seasons, 4.2mil

Not to mention future lottery picks that get deals starting at around $5-7mil each, which the Cavs can expect to have at the rate their going.

beasted86
01-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Take on more salary if a young talent is included?

Jamison + 1st (MIA) for Brand + Turner?

ink
01-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Re-opened. The thread was closed because it used an article from another forum site as source material.

Kenny
01-03-2011, 02:45 AM

why the heck would the sixers do that??? I wouldn't do that for just Brand if im Philly.. Forget Turner.

And this owner has been trying to prove a point and back up his foolish talk after Lebron left and it will only hurt the franchise.

hgtiger32
01-03-2011, 02:48 AM
bucks will give the cavs maggette, or gooden haha

SeoulBeatz
01-03-2011, 02:49 AM

wtf? really? thats a terrible trade for my sixers.

Raph12
01-03-2011, 02:54 AM
It's funny, since the previous thread "Heat at 9-8 and Cavs at 7-8" the Heat have gone 17-1 and the Cavs have gone 1-18... My how the tables have turned lol.

beasted86
01-03-2011, 10:52 AM
wtf? really? thats a terrible trade for my sixers.

I don't know, I thought Sixers really wanted to get rid of Brand, but I guess with his recent better play they would keep him.

Maybe another salary dump trade could be:

Baron Davis + Aminu for Jamison.

emoss
01-03-2011, 11:38 AM
i dont understand why heat fans continue to focus on the cleveland cavs. You guys have won you got lebron your team is playing well but you focus on how bad the cavs are. I see losers written all over you. You have won now shut up and you move on. we aint the ones booing your team its the rest of the nba fans. everytime i see one of these written makes me see some jelousy coming from maimi. ps we dont care if yall win or lose. we are focusing on getting better.

emoss
01-03-2011, 11:42 AM
one more thing we dont care if yall consider are city as something to laugh at. we dont care about yall. you hold no importantas to us. your opinin of us doesnt matter. we will be back at the top of nba. the cavs will be here long after all your current players are old men. Im a real sports fan no one player is bigger then my teams. i will always consider the best baskeball player to plat in c town mark price.

prodigy
01-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Teams cut salary all the time and they still don't improve lol. So if the Cavs feel by taking on a horrible contract they could also land a potential star, then why not give it a try?

SteBO
01-03-2011, 11:46 AM
i dont understand why heat fans continue to focus on the cleveland cavs. You guys have won you got lebron your team is playing well but you focus on how bad the cavs are. I see losers written all over you. You have won now shut up and you move on. we aint the ones booing your team its the rest of the nba fans. everytime i see one of these written makes me see some jelousy coming from maimi. ps we dont care if yall win or lose. we are focusing on getting better.

one more thing we dont care if yall consider are city as something to laugh at. we dont care about yall. you hold no importantas to us. your opinin of us doesnt matter. we will be back at the top of nba. the cavs will be here long after all your current players are old men. Im a real sports fan no one player is bigger then my teams. i will always consider the best baskeball player to plat in c town mark price.

We don't have anything against Cleveland. It's a great sports city with true fans, and I actually wish Miami was more like that. BTW, all the other cities are booing us, including Cleveland if not more so them. But listen, this is just a thread wondering why they'd take more salary. It's a place where posters can voice their opinions on the matter, but I can see where you're coming from bro. No hard feelings :)

prodigy
01-03-2011, 11:53 AM

Dude have you watched a heat home game? only like 5 people watch them play lol. So yes they are jealous we are better fans then them. Don't let it get to you.

But I wouldn't say the heat won. Lebron could careless about the heat and their fans. He just went ring chasing. Wade, Lebron and Bosh would've went to any team that could sign all three of them.

ATX
01-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Dude have you watched a heat home game? only like 5 people watch them play lol. So yes they are jealous we are better fans then them. Don't let it get to you.

But I wouldn't say the heat won. Lebron could careless about the heat and their fans. He just went ring chasing. Wade, Lebron and Bosh would've went to any team that could sign all three of them.

You just had to go there didn't you? You just couldn't resist could you? No one said anything bad about Cleveland here. In fact only a nice comment was made. But you had to go hating, and calling the Heat fans trash, and talking crap about LBJ, when no one brought that up. You just had to stoop to your usual low, and try and bait Heat fans, by turning this into a bash Mia thread. Wade>You and Beasted86 are two very good posters, some of our best and I'm sure you know this considering how long you've been posting. The thread wasn't about Miami at all. It was a topic for discussion on why the Cavs would consider taking on more salary. No one was talking crap or making fun of your Cavs...Not even in the slightest, so why go there?

Seriously Prodigy? Why even go there? Why?

Totaly uneccessary.

SteBO
01-03-2011, 12:06 PM
You just had to go there didn't you? You just couldn't resist could you? No one said anything bad about Cleveland here. In fact only a nice comment was made. But you had to go hating, and calling the Heat fans trash, and talking crap about LBJ, when no one brought that up. You just had to stoop to your usual low, and try and bait Heat fans, by turning this into a bash Mia thread. Wade>You and Beasted86 are two very good posters, some of our best and I'm sure you know this considering how long you've been posting. The thread wasn't about Miami at all. It was a topic for discussion on why the Cavs would consider taking on more salary. No one was talking crap or making fun of your Cavs...Not even in the slightest, so why go there?

Seriously Prodigy? Why even go there? Why?

Totaly uneccessary.

I was tempted to post everything you said. Just ignore him, since it's apparent he's just trying to bait my fellow heat fanbase. That's why I just ignored it.

ATX
01-03-2011, 12:12 PM
I was tempted to post everything you said. Just ignore him, since it's apparent he's still bitter on the subject and is just trying to bait my fellow heat fans. That's why I just ignored it.

Good point, your right. It's just that he know's better. I expect more from him than that kind of post. I should know better too, and be able to just ignore posts that are just emotional hurt feelings, spewing hateful rhetoric, with no discussional value whatsoever.

dunedinjays
01-03-2011, 12:14 PM
I still have no idea why Dan Gilbert put that guarantee in that letter. All it does is make him look like a total fool with this rebuilding Cavs team

Heater4life
01-03-2011, 12:21 PM
The Cavs are at a crossroads and need to figure out in what direction they want to take there team. Either they feel they can build around certain piecies they have, or they need to get rid of players and start from scratch.

They just cant linger with a mediocre roster without having a direction in which they want to go.

KnicksorBust
01-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Question: are the Cavs looking to commit suicide?

The Cavs should be looking to shed salary, not take on more salary, even if there is a "young talent" available (it'll probably be another JJ Hickson).

Current Cavs record: 8-24 (2nd worst in the NBA)

A look at their salary structure shows the following deals:
Antwan Jamison - 1 more season, $15mil
Mo Williams - 2 more seasons, $8.5mil
Anderson Varejao - 4 more seasons, $8.4mil
Daniel Gibson - 2 more seasons, $4.5mil
Ramon Sessions - 2 more seasons, 4.2mil

Not to mention future lottery picks that get deals starting at around $5-7mil each, which the Cavs can expect to have at the rate their going.

Unfortunately they are stuck. They should gamble on a talented young player like the Wolves did with Beasley and just give him the keys to the franchise. Then use their high lottery pick and draft a big man. Varejeo and Mo Williams are very solid complimentary pieces but they need a star and fast.

ATX
01-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Well they have several draft picks, including a top 4 pick this year, maybe even get lucky and get the number one pick. They have a rather large expiring contract in Jamison, and can use that in a way like Beasted86 suggested to bring in talent plus another pick. I'd think that that orginazation would likely try and rebuild. I assume Gilbert would go this route rather than try and put together a frindge playoff team. I'll be rooting for them to land the top pick, so they can rebuild as quickly as possible.

Kakaroach
01-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Their owner is still feeling the effects of the summer and thinks his team is still a playoff team.

The correct move is to dump Jamison and Williams and get your young guys big minutes.

SteBO
01-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Their owner is still feeling the effects of the summer and thinks his team is still a playoff team.

The correct move is to dump Jamison and Williams and get your young guys big minutes.

This. Jamison wants a title, so I think it benefits both parties if Jamison gets traded. The thing with Williams is that this is the last year of his deal, so his contract will come off the books after this season, which is the same deal with Jamison, so that's why they aren't too quick to trade them yet.

dunedinjays
01-03-2011, 01:46 PM
This. Jamison wants a title, so I think it benefits both parties if Jamison gets traded. The thing with Williams is that this is the last year of his deal, so his contract will come off the books after this season, which is the same deal with Jamison, so that's why they aren't too quick to trade them yet.

Williams and jamison still have a year left on their deals after this season

SteBO
01-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Williams and jamison still have a year left on their deals after this season

Your right about Jamison, bt Mo has an Early Termination Option, which could mean he's a free agent next year.

Sixerlover
01-03-2011, 02:34 PM

Sounds great in theory, but lets look at the roster. Who are these young guys we are talking about? The "young talent" on this team begins and ends with Hickson. No one else is even remotely close to both being A. Young and B. Talented enough to be on the court now, with potential to get better. Unless your including people like Boobie and Jamario Moon.

Jamison and Mo's contract will both be hard to move, but if they can get a quality player or two that are a little younger in return, then I say go for it obviously. But don't expect any Brand + Turner for Jamison (:laugh2:) or Aminu attached to Baron Davis for Jamison. Teams aren't willing to give high potential young talent to get out of contracts (Unless you need money to sign LeBron + Bosh). It's a tough spot to be in as the GM of Cleveland

Kakaroach
01-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Sounds great in theory, but lets look at the roster. Who are these young guys we are talking about? The "young talent" on this team begins and ends with Hickson. No one else is even remotely close to both being A. Young and B. Talented enough to be on the court now, with potential to get better. Unless your including people like Boobie and Jamario Moon.

Jamison and Mo's contract will both be hard to move, but if they can get a quality player or two that are a little younger in return, then I say go for it obviously. But don't expect any Brand + Turner for Jamison (:laugh2:) or Aminu attached to Baron Davis for Jamison. Teams aren't willing to give high potential young talent to get out of contracts (Unless you need money to sign LeBron + Bosh). It's a tough spot to be in as the GM of Cleveland Ramon Sessions is a pretty good PG and could really shine just like he did a couple of years ago in Milwaukee, plus of course Hickson and Manny Harris.

Jamison is expiring and is still a player that could help many teams, I imagine he would be easy to move. As for Mo that might be a little harder, and the cavs shouldn't expect much in return for either.

But I still think thats a hell of a lot better than sitting around and winning a couple of extra games with these guys, even if you only get a first rounder or two.

LeQuit James
01-03-2011, 02:54 PM
my cavs will find a way out of it cause lebron is a a a a dbag, and wade is a scrub. 1-2-3 cleveland

Sixerlover
01-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Ramon Sessions is a pretty good PG and could really shine just like he did a couple of years ago in Milwaukee, plus of course Hickson and Manny Harris.

Jamison is expiring and is still a player that could help many teams, I imagine he would be easy to move. As for Mo that might be a little harder, and the cavs shouldn't expect much in return for either.

But I still think thats a hell of a lot better than sitting around and winning a couple of extra games with these guys, even if you only get a first rounder or two.

Sessions, not so much. I liked Manny Harris in college though, didn't know he was on the Cavs, that works.

hgtiger32
01-03-2011, 05:03 PM
my cavs will find a way out of it cause lebron is a a a a dbag, and wade is a scrub. 1-2-3 cleveland

enough with the baiting

dunedinjays
01-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Your right about Jamison, bt Mo has an Early Termination Option, which could mean he's a free agent next year.

is that a player or team option?

SteBO
01-03-2011, 05:56 PM
is that a player or team option?
Player option

el_primo_nano
01-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Just a little to late dont cha think? Should have done this last season :laugh:

prodigy
01-03-2011, 11:43 PM
calling the Heat fans trash,.

You said it not me.