PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

MacFitz92
01-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Word is that Caron Butler's injury could be serious. The Mavs played last game without Dirk Nowitzki, Shawn Marion, Caron Butler, and Roddy Beaubois. Even though Dirk and Marion should be back pretty soon, it's pretty crazy.

Injuries are a part of the game, and have an effect on the outcome of everything.

My questions are: What are some of the biggest times injuries have changed a season? Which injuries have made you wonder what could've been? (Grant Hill, Len Bias(death), etc.)

bahama0811
01-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Greg Oden, Yao are two huge injuries. Oden could've been a great player.

210Don
01-02-2011, 06:57 PM
lol mavs fans are already giving up. and wondering what could have been.

Baller1
01-02-2011, 06:59 PM

:laugh2:

Baller1
01-02-2011, 07:00 PM
T-Mac would have been an all-time great had he been healthy. Hill is another good one. And Yao.

thekmp211
01-02-2011, 07:02 PM
david robinson getting hurt for a season allowed san antonio to tank and pick duncan. no rings in SA without their franchise center going down for a year...funny.

NetsPaint
01-02-2011, 07:06 PM
If Bernard King didn't have that big injury. Him and Ewing.

Editing a smiley, really?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Andrew Bynum 08'

210Don
01-02-2011, 07:07 PM
david robinson getting hurt for a season allowed san antonio to tank and pick duncan. no rings in SA without their franchise center going down for a year...funny.

if if if if :clap:
if only i was 7 feet id be in the nba.
we should all play the if game come guys you can do it!!!!

drobe86
01-02-2011, 07:08 PM

We'll never give up but this obviously hurts our chances... I'm not too worried as Cuban will make play come trade deadline. He's one of the top owners in all of sports....

thekmp211
01-02-2011, 07:12 PM

:confused:

didnt use the word "if" in my post?

this sounds sarcastic, it wasn't meant as a dig against the spurs, just an observation on the thread topic...

Gators123
01-02-2011, 07:17 PM
We were robbed from a lot of great years from this guy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKOCy9R-h2A

justinnum1
01-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Wade being healthy in 05 playoffs

Baller1
01-02-2011, 07:24 PM
We were robbed from a lot of great years from this guy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKOCy9R-h2A

Such a shame we never got to see his career play out the way it could've. He was one of my favorite players in the league.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2011, 07:36 PM

your team's 4 rings came from an injury....

llemon
01-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Maurice Stokes.

And one of my favorite players ever, Wendell Ladner

Hawkeye15
01-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Sam Cassell's hip

Htownballa1622
01-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Injuries... Ugh I hate injuries

I wonder how my rockets would have been and how portland would have been.

210Don
01-02-2011, 07:45 PM

you mad?

Gram
01-02-2011, 07:46 PM
you mad?

Nahh, the guy was just backing the Mavs.

210Don
01-02-2011, 07:49 PM

also everyone had a shot a timmy his free agent year. and he chose to stay is that our fault lol

thekmp211
01-02-2011, 07:50 PM
i woulda loved to see a healthy arvydas sabonis play in the league

thekmp211
01-02-2011, 07:51 PM
also everyone had a shot a timmy his free agent year. and he chose to stay is that our fault lol

its no ones fault. it just is. the thread is about how injuries have changed seasons, and the spurs franchise benefited from an injury to a star. have you ever heard of an "observation"? thats all it is, relax.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2011, 07:52 PM
you mad?

not really. Just letting you know you actually benefited from a season that was changed from a lost star. And you know it to be true, if you were old enough to remember that season.
Its one thing to protect and defend your team. Its another to be arrogant about it. Watch the line

Hawkeye15
01-02-2011, 07:53 PM

um, that was a masquerade dude. Duncan wasn't leaving, he was simply gaining financial leverage.

210Don
01-02-2011, 07:56 PM
um, that was a masquerade dude. Duncan wasn't leaving, he was simply gaining financial leverage.

dude. who was being cocky? go back and read my post how is that cocky.like you guys said i simply stated a observation why can you but i cant?
i was talking about the mavs and mavs fans then you come attacking me HEY YOU KNOW YOU WOULDNT HAVE ANY CHIPS IF IT WERENT FOR A INJURY please your the one that attacked me

Hawkeye15
01-02-2011, 08:05 PM

you mad?

dude. who was being cocky? go back and read my post how is that cocky.like you guys said i simply stated a observation why can you but i cant?
i was talking about the mavs and mavs fans then you come attacking me HEY YOU KNOW YOU WOULDNT HAVE ANY CHIPS IF IT WERENT FOR A INJURY please your the one that attacked me

Why do you always think people are attacking you, when you clearly bait?

210Don
01-02-2011, 08:09 PM
so no one posted in between? lol ok

AlexTmz2
01-02-2011, 08:34 PM
welcome to: *****************************

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

:no:

nuggetsyankees
01-02-2011, 08:39 PM
K-Mart last season...Denver fell apart after they were 2nd in the West

Hawkeye15
01-02-2011, 08:39 PM
so no one posted in between? lol ok

no one posted anything towards you baiting, no.

210Don
01-02-2011, 08:43 PM
no one posted anything towards you baiting, no.

have you not read this thread? one poster talked about the san antonio spurs.refferring to the admiral thats my team i cant say nothing back if my team is spoken about?
then you chime in backing him about circumstances that no one has control over. you sir are the baiter

SteBO
01-02-2011, 08:46 PM
have you not read this thread? one poster talked about the san antonio spurs.refferring to the admiral thats my team i cant say nothing back if my team is spoken about?
then you chime in backing him about circumstances that no one has control over. you sir are the baiter
Hawkeye's not baiting, he's giving his honest opinion. Just because he disagrees with you, doesn't mean he's baiting.

kingkenny01
01-02-2011, 08:49 PM
andrew bogut on the bucks last season
atlanta would have lost

Sactown
01-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Mike Bibby after the 2002 playoffs broke his foot during the off season because the camera men were to close

Chirs Webber - blown out knee

Peja - Broken Hand and he hasn't been the same since

None of them were ever the same after

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Magic and Byron Scott in the 89 finals. Malone in 04, Bynum and Ariza in 08. Thats all I can think of for the Lakers. They have been pretty fortunate

effen5
01-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Penny Hardway no doubt

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-02-2011, 09:08 PM

lulz

Chronz
01-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Magic and Byron Scott in the 89 finals. Malone in 04, Bynum and Ariza in 08. Thats all I can think of for the Lakers. They have been pretty fortunate

Baylor, Wilt

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Baylor, Wilt

Yeah, I was thinking of posting them too but then I would have just sounded like a whiner. Plus, I was not alive when they got hurt so it did not hurt me. When those other guys went down, that hurt me a lot. Emotionally and in the pocket book in '04

Giraffes Rule
01-03-2011, 12:06 AM

That's a bit of a massive overstatment, wouldn't you agree? No doubt Tim Duncan has led the Spurs to great things, but it's not as though he did it all by himself. Otherwise Lebron would have won 2 or 3 rings by now. The way people throw that around somewhat cheapens the accomplishments that the Spurs have made.

Duncan also came from injuries, by the way. It wasn't just Robinson going down but Sean Elliot as well. That's like Kobe and Gasol going down at the same time (not comparing the players, just the situation).

Chronz
01-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I was thinking of posting them too but then I would have just sounded like a whiner. Plus, I was not alive when they got hurt so it did not hurt me. When those other guys went down, that hurt me a lot. Emotionally and in the pocket book in '04
Yea I know what you mean, its hard to have theories about players you cant recall during your life span but personally I believe Baylors injuries robbed the team of several titles. After his injury he became cancerous and unable to adapt to his teammates. A spry Elgin would have been able to share the court with Wilt instead of getting in each others way. Elgin and Wilt not meshing was at the forefront of their failures, its no coincidence they finally started playing terrific basketball once he was out of the equation

Hawkeye15
01-03-2011, 12:14 AM
That's a bit of a massive overstatment, wouldn't you agree? No doubt Tim Duncan has led the Spurs to great things, but it's not as though he did it all by himself. Otherwise Lebron would have won 2 or 3 rings by now. The way people throw that around somewhat cheapens the accomplishments that the Spurs have made.

Duncan also came from injuries, by the way. It wasn't just Robinson going down but Sean Elliot as well. That's like Kobe and Gasol going down at the same time (not comparing the players, just the situation).

sure. But they still don't win a ring without Duncan over the past 15 years. Its not to cheapen anything. Not in the slightest. Every championship in history comes with an * (meaning EVERYTHING needed to go right). Just because you point out that detail doesn't mean you are cheapening it.

210Don
01-03-2011, 12:47 AM
sure. But they still don't win a ring without Duncan over the past 15 years. Its not to cheapen anything. Not in the slightest. Every championship in history comes with an * (meaning EVERYTHING needed to go right). Just because you point out that detail doesn't mean you are cheapening it.

but why point it out? when you can easily point it out for every chip team?
you do it to start argument right? or am i missing something?

llemon
01-03-2011, 12:50 AM

I was alive and a Laker (really Wilt) fan at the time.

Elgin got injured when he was 36, his game was in serious decline, and Happy Hairston filled in at the PF spot quite well.

Wilt's injury was healed by the playoffs, and he got the Lakers into the Finals, setting the stage for Reed's heroics. But Wilt had a great playoff series, other than the fact he couldn't guard Dave Stallworth.

iggypop123
01-03-2011, 01:03 AM
somtimes injuries hurt your chances, bynum 08, but sometimes they dont. kareem in 80.

knicks4life33
01-03-2011, 01:06 AM
Patrick ewing in 98 and espicially in 99 we didnt have him in the playoffs for that run hurt us

Hawkeye15
01-03-2011, 03:33 PM
but why point it out? when you can easily point it out for every chip team?
you do it to start argument right? or am i missing something?

because its a common assumption that injuries hurt a team. I simply stated an incident where the opposite occurred.
And I don't start arguments. You aren't missing anything.

Chronz
01-04-2011, 04:27 AM
I was alive and a Laker (really Wilt) fan at the time.

Elgin got injured when he was 36, his game was in serious decline, and Happy Hairston filled in at the PF spot quite well.

Wilt's injury was healed by the playoffs, and he got the Lakers into the Finals, setting the stage for Reed's heroics. But Wilt had a great playoff series, other than the fact he couldn't guard Dave Stallworth.
Elgins game was in serious decline due to injuries, when was his first knee injury when people began writing him off