PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce and Van Gundy fined.

CHANGO
01-01-2011, 05:30 PM
As expected, Paul Pierce and Stan Van Gundy was fined by the NBA, Van Gundy for criticizing the officials and Paul Pierce, for throwing an object into the stands vs Indiana.

Celtics' Pierce fined for throwing object in stands.
Posted Jan 1 2011 4:11PM

NEW YORK, Jan. 1, 2011 -- Paul Pierce of the Boston Celtics has been fined $15,000 for throwing an object into the stands, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President Basketball Operations.

The incident occurred with 8:02 remaining in the first quarter of Boston's 95-83 win over the Indiana Pacers on December 28 at Conseco Fieldhouse.

Van Gundy fined $35,000 for criticizing officials.
Posted Jan 1 2011 4:13PM

NEW YORK, Jan. 1, 2011 -- Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy has been fined $35,000 for public comments about the officiating, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

Van Gundy made his comments following Orlando's 112-103 win over the New York Knicks at Amway Center on Dec. 30.

knicks4life33
01-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Officials called that orland ny game horribly

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Officials called that orland ny game horribly

Let me guess?... In favor of Orlando? :rolleyes:

knicks4life33
01-01-2011, 06:52 PM
actually yeah and how about them vikings

NYKnicks4511
Let me guess?... In favor of Orlando? :rolleyes:

It went both ways, but I think both fans have beef with the inconsistency, as well as the nit-picking by the refs. Not to mention them taking over the game by calling the soft fouls on Stoudemire when him and Dwight were battling for position -- as a fan of the NBA I wouldn't want it to happen to other teams superstars either, at least during the regular season. Just takes the fun out of watching the game. Amare vs. Dwight for 4 quarters was something ORL and NYK fans were looking forward to.

Reversed86Curse
Stu Jackson is a moron, and Stern should fine the refs for horrible officiating

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2011, 07:18 PM
actually yeah and how about them vikings

Idk I don't watch football. I just think the picture looks cool.

SteBO
01-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Stu Jackson is a moron, and Stern should fine the refs for horrible officiating
^This. It's funny it's never the officials' fault.

Chill_Will_24
01-01-2011, 07:30 PM
It went both ways, but I think both fans have beef with the inconsistency, as well as the nit-picking by the refs. Not to mention them taking over the game by calling the soft fouls on Stoudemire when him and Dwight were battling for position -- as a fan of the NBA I wouldn't want it to happen to other teams superstars either, at least during the regular season. Just takes the fun out of watching the game. Amare vs. Dwight for 4 quarters was something ORL and NYK fans were looking forward to.

I agree. If refs are gonna call it tight then it needs to be consistent cuz Horward was getting hacked all game. However if they're gonna allow then to play physical :pray: then they should swallow their whistles both ways and stop with the techs. Also I notice that everytime they call a tech on a star they are always hesitant to call a second even if the player deserved it. After Amare picked up his first, during a later play he shouted at an official and didn't get a tech and even later did stuff that other players might get Td up for. Same for Dwight. After getting called for a tech early during a later play he was mockingly clapping his hands at an official. I'm not saying I want these guys ejected but these techs need to be called consistently for everyone no matter what their Alist status. The NBA is losing repect fast with this BS but stars need to grow up and learn to control their emotions cuz a guy like Amare getting ejected would automatically cause his team to lose the game.

ManRam
01-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Figured stan would get fined. Saying refs are out to get dwight is a bit crazy...

Glad he spoke out though. Maybe it will help dwight out. But dwight does need to learn how to react and how too be more mature.

D Roses Bulls
01-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Figured stan would get fined. Saying refs are out to get dwight is a bit crazy...

Glad he spoke out though. Maybe it will help dwight out. But dwight does need to learn how to react and how too be more mature.

well it's true

Kakaroach
01-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Yeah I saw Pierce throw his gum, not sure its worth a 15k fine but its not acceptable either.