PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard a hall of fame inductee?

nastylikedwade
12-31-2010, 07:13 PM
D Wade and Lebron James are already automatic lock for hall of fame, if they retire today. However, i don't think D Howard is a lock for an hall of fame spot just yet. Any thought?

Raph12
12-31-2010, 07:18 PM
2-Time DPOY (soon to be 3-time) and a Finals appearance... Maybe another year or two at this rate would do it.

Aapox
12-31-2010, 07:23 PM
Obviously he is not right now. Barring any major injuries, he certainly will be though.

LTBaByyy
12-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Nope, he needs an offensive game and a title before he is considered an automic lock

avrpatsfan
12-31-2010, 07:34 PM
If he keeps this up he's a sure lock. He wouldn't get in if he retired now though. He needs more longitivtiy.

PhillyFaninLA
12-31-2010, 07:36 PM
If he retired I don't think he is. He needs a few more years. If he had an unfortunate injury that ended his career (hope it does not happen) then yes.

John Walls Era
12-31-2010, 07:37 PM
Nope, he needs an offensive game and a title before he is considered an automic lock

He needs at least one of those for sure to be even considered.

Raph12
12-31-2010, 07:51 PM

Guess you can take Dirk out, because you could say he needs a "defensive game and a title before being considered an automatic lock"... Like I said, playing at a high level for another 2 yrs or so and he'll be a lock.

If he continues at this pace, he'll break the NBA record for DPOY awards easily (record is 4, set by Mutombo).

JasonJohnHorn
12-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Yes!
He is the best center of his generation, unless he quickly degrades into nothingness (a la Shawn Kemp), he is a lock! Rebounding titles? DPOY? Disgustingly high FG%? I think that's enough.

for those who dont think his post game and jumper are HOF worthy, you're right, but its the rest of the game that will get him there.

Just ask Wes Unseld. Career scoring average of: 10.8 a game? And his highest season average was 16.2?

As for the lack of titles... well, Malone, Barkley and Ewing all made it in without one, I'm sure Howard would to should he finish his career without one.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Howard has already shown he is a lock for the MVP (barring the aforementioned Shawn Kemp career nosedive, which I seriously doubt would happen to Howard).

Ty Fast
12-31-2010, 09:10 PM
not yet, but he is on his way there

Bruno
12-31-2010, 09:16 PM
Even if he retired today he has a 30% chance of getting in, give or take. If he were to retire today, maybe he'd be a fifth, or sixth ballot HOF. Give him another two years and he's a lock.

Dwight will be in the hall when it's all said and done.

NYtilIdie
12-31-2010, 09:27 PM
Guess you can take Dirk out, because you could say he needs a "defensive game and a title before being considered an automatic lock"... Like I said, playing at a high level for another 2 yrs or so and he'll be a lock.

If he continues at this pace, he'll break the NBA record for DPOY awards easily (record is 4, set by Mutombo).

Well its not like anybodys giving him a real challenge for that.

BALLER71
12-31-2010, 09:34 PM
Yes!
He is the best center of his generation.

That isn't saying much. But yes, at this rate he is a hall of famer. I think Dwight is a great player but it truly shows how pathetic the Center position has become when a player like Dwight with average skills but elite athleticism becomes the center.

I also see him racking up the DPOY trophies as well. That will def. help him get into the HOF

MSU4life
12-31-2010, 09:38 PM

tht means dirk isnt one then:facepalm: he has no defense or a ring :facepalm:
or lebron isnt one cuz he doesnt have a ring either:facepalm:

MaHaRaJaH
12-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Obviously he is not right now. Barring any major injuries, he certainly will be though.
Why not now? Why will he only be an inductee eventually?

You're wrong.

MaHaRaJaH
12-31-2010, 09:53 PM
tht means dirk isnt one then:facepalm: he has no defense or a ring :facepalm:
or lebron isnt one cuz he doesnt have a ring either:facepalm:

While you're at it, strip Ewing's name off the hall.

KINGBAIZE
12-31-2010, 10:13 PM
PLEASE STOP HYPING D. HOWARD.

OVERATEDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE? FOR WHAT? 2 time NBA dunk champion?
GTFOH!

blastmasta26
12-31-2010, 10:20 PM
PLEASE STOP HYPING D. HOWARD.

OVERATEDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE? FOR WHAT? 2 time NBA dunk champion?
GTFOH!
So defensive dominance and being the best center in the game now mean nothing to you?

LTBaByyy
12-31-2010, 10:28 PM
Dirk has an MVP and most likely gettin his 2nd this year why are yall bringin him in this?

I said to be an AUTOMATIC lock, obviously if he retired right now he wouldnt be

Thats why we are having this discussion, I thibk yall need to look at the lack of elite or even great centers in this league than his "dominance"

Im just being real, and he is my 3rd fav player

DwayneMVPwade
12-31-2010, 10:36 PM
hes got my vote

LTBaByyy
12-31-2010, 10:37 PM
Dwight is gonna leave the Magic and go to the Lakers in a couple years anyways just like the rumors say

Then win a few championships, then he will be an automatic lock easily

The exact thing Shaq did lol

blastmasta26
12-31-2010, 10:46 PM
Dirk has an MVP and most likely gettin his 2nd this year why are yall bringin him in this?

I said to be an AUTOMATIC lock, obviously if he retired right now he wouldnt be

Thats why we are having this discussion, I thibk yall need to look at the lack of elite or even great centers in this league than his "dominance"

Im just being real, and he is my 3rd fav player
Obviously there is a lack of talent at the center spot, and Dwight wouldn't be dominant in previous eras, but you have to assess players relative to others playing at the same time as them. Which makes Dwight HOF worthy at his pace.

LTBaByyy
12-31-2010, 10:51 PM
All im saying is a Title or MVP will make him an automativ lock, thats just being real and I think he will get one of those since he is still young

Lets be real, if he retired right now his career avg is 17 pts and 12 rebs w/ no MVPs or Championships

He needs atleast a MVP to be an automatic lock or a title