Chronz
01-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Really wish he had started off with as much talent as Duncan did

Upload his series vs Spurs

Ragun
01-01-2011, 02:56 PM
His Pg skills always amaze me

yeah its amazing.

im not trying to bash bosh here but i cant believe bosh was compared to this guy...they werent even similar physically.

Purch
01-02-2011, 09:34 AM
I don't think we're ever gonna see the next Barkley or Garnett. They were to unique as player

Gibby
01-02-2011, 10:18 AM
he was so great. The supporting cast was so ****. trenton Hassel, Ervin johnson lol. cassell and sprewell were past their prime.

bigsams50
01-02-2011, 10:40 AM
He was such a beast in his prime. Its too bad they couldn't get enough talent around him to win in Minny. Woulda been great to see KG retire a T'Wolve

3RDASYSTEM
01-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Yea CHRONZ i bet with some more ''talent' it would have helped him, i went hard on KG/AI for yrs cuz they were my top 2 of 3 fav players during they MINNY/PHILLY days and i know wat happens when quality talent is put around 'STAR' talent...so now when we discuss how not having more talent for AI would help ya foots in ya mouth but now ya wanna bring up having KG with more talent, of course any SUPERSTAR would be helpful with more talent, i dont care if im off topic i just find it funny how ya acknowledge KG not having Duncan talent around him

ragee
01-02-2011, 11:57 AM
KG can be an arrogant mother****** but he was one hell of a player...

thekmp211
01-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Yea CHRONZ i bet with some more ''talent' it would have helped him, i went hard on KG/AI for yrs cuz they were my top 2 of 3 fav players during they MINNY/PHILLY days and i know wat happens when quality talent is put around 'STAR' talent...so now when we discuss how not having more talent for AI would help ya foots in ya mouth but now ya wanna bring up having KG with more talent, of course any SUPERSTAR would be helpful with more talent, i dont care if im off topic i just find it funny how ya acknowledge KG not having Duncan talent around him

look bud, i'm gonna try and spare you a verbal lashing from chronz because he will be far more blunt than i.

to put it simply, there are a lot of things to suggest that kg might have been the most dominant individual two-way player of his generation. despite the common perception of both players, AI doesn't hold a candle to KG. it's not eve close, really.

but, back to the thread, this is awesome. look at how bad his team is, and this was his "best" lineup as a timberwolf. ervin johnson? hassel (who was a very good wing defender for them,in all seriousness) starting? i think they had kandi man and the immortal troy hudson coming up the bench. and this team almost beat the lakers.

i know whats done is done, but i will always maintain that kg is every bit the player that duncan is and their biggest difference was circumstance. duncan worked into probably the best run organization in the league, while kg was dumped into a small market expansion team.

"brad miller trying to dance with kevin garnett...and that's tough cause when kevin kicks up his heels, baby, it's hard to dance the same watoosie down low." HA!

SteveNash
01-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Why was KG taking so many jumpshots against Robert Horry?

Hawkeye15
01-02-2011, 01:21 PM

please don't compare AI and Garnett, they aren't even in the same realm.

As a die hard Wolves fan, part of me misses KG. Our management (with the help of KG btw thru his useless loyalties) never gave him the talent he needed. But it was awesome watching him. I always felt he was arguably the best overall player in the NBA for a number of years. If he could have simply added that killer instinct in closing minutes with consistency, he would have been the best player of this generation. I was happy for him when he finally won a title, but I am no longer a fan of his really

redsox0717
01-02-2011, 01:42 PM
It's comical how everyone thinks KG went through some immense personality change when he went to Boston. "I respected KG when he was in Minnesota, now that he's on Boston he's a dick!!" Wrooong. He has always had this intense personality, like it or not. People hate the jersey he wears, and now that he's in Boston he is a dick even though he was the same in Minny.

And I love watching old KG tape. Undoubetbly one of the best players of this generation. And it's amazing what he can still do at his current age with all the wear from so many years in the NBA. The most notable difference in his game now is his general atrophy of post moves and loss of some explosiveness, but he still has the same defensive intensity and is still one of the best players in the NBA. When KG is out, like he is now, the Celtics are a completely different team.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2011, 01:57 PM
It's comical how everyone thinks KG went through some immense personality change when he went to Boston. "I respected KG when he was in Minnesota, now that he's on Boston he's a dick!!" Wrooong. He has always had this intense personality, like it or not. People hate the jersey he wears, and now that he's in Boston he is a dick even though he was the same in Minny.

And I love watching old KG tape. Undoubetbly one of the best players on this generation. And it's amazing what he can still do at his current age with all the wear from so many years in the NBA. The most notable difference in his game now is his general atrophy of post moves and loss of some explosiveness, but he still has the same defensive intensity and is still one of the best players in the NBA. When KG is out, like he is now, the Celtics are a completely different team.

you are right to a degree. But he didn't do the arrogant baiting he does now in Minny. But he for sure was always the most intense person on the floor and was very vocal

Purch
01-02-2011, 02:03 PM
The only KG game videos there are on youtube are Game 7 vs the kings and KG's career high.

And now these two I added.

Now I'm looking for game 2 vs Denver and Game 6 vs Detroit

Hustlenomics
01-02-2011, 03:19 PM

found that hypocritical too, but Iverson just has haters who don't think logically when evaluating him

SteveNash
01-02-2011, 03:31 PM
found that hypocritical too, but Iverson just has haters who don't think logically when evaluating him

KG can fit in with a good team as his main weakness was his softness particularly in the clutch. AI is a completely different situation because he can't fit with any championship team. He'll want to take the last shot, but he's more than likely to miss. More than likely to take his team out of the game in the first place. More than likely to kill a team from the inside out.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2011, 03:33 PM

I find it laughable that either of you would compare the talent of AI with KG to begin with. Talking about a top 100 player of all time versus a top 12-15 of all time.

Hustlenomics
01-02-2011, 03:45 PM
I find it laughable that either of you would compare the talent of AI with KG to begin with. Talking about a top 100 player of all time versus a top 12-15 of all time.

that's your opinion

Hawkeye15
01-02-2011, 03:47 PM
that's your opinion

its also the majority opinion dude. Dig deeper into the game. There is a lot you are missing.

210Don
01-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Why was KG taking so many jumpshots against Robert Horry?

because contrary to some belief he plays like a sf not a pf hes not a post player like timmy.thats why timmy is better.

Hustlenomics
01-02-2011, 03:49 PM
its also the majority opinion dude. Dig deeper into the game. There is a lot you are missing.

i know KG don't tell me to do nothing guy

Purch
01-02-2011, 04:15 PM
A.I is top 60 at the least. And even that is disrespectful.

I Agree KG is on another level when you look at their careers.+

But some of the comments made in this thread implies that you guys never watched prime A.I

Hawkeye15
01-02-2011, 04:21 PM

what? none of that makes sense.

thekmp211
01-02-2011, 04:22 PM

well fine, but you're incorrect. you can talk tough on a sports forum all you want, it doesn't make you sound any smarter. quite the opposite, in fact.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2011, 04:24 PM
A.I is top 60 at the least. And even that is disrespectful.

I Agree KG is on another level when you look at their careers.+

But some of the comments made in this thread implies that you guys never watched prime A.I

I am 35 dawg. I have seen plenty of him.

But this is getting off topic, so it will be my last reply concerning AI and his all time ranking off #300+ in offensive rating.

Hustlenomics
01-02-2011, 04:25 PM
well fine, but you're incorrect. you can talk tough on a sports forum all you want, it doesn't make you sound any smarter. quite the opposite, in fact.

incorrect about what? and talking tough? lmao

Chronz
01-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Except that I never held not winning against them, what completely gos over your head is that I blame AI for HIS OWN PLAY. I dont hold it against KG because he was never as pathetically inefficient as AI under any circumstance. He was an IMPACT player on BOTH ENDS, and he made EVERY teammate better. You cant say that about AI.

No **** any player could win more with more help, the point remains with AI your going to need so many pieces and alot to go right its basically not even worth trying (an inefficient guard who cant defend his own position isnt an ideal cornerstone). Id go as far as saying the only way you can win with AI is if you have a star studded team or a team where hes not the best player. Which kind of defeats the purpose of building "around him".

With KG you dont need all that much help, put it this way KG would have LOVED having Deke behind him. Him and Deke alone would have guaranteed a top ranked D, give them the same caliber of support AI had in his run to the Finals and they become a HISTORICALLY ELITE defensive team. Thats the difference between the 2

u 2 was twins separated at birth yo

Hustlenomics
01-02-2011, 04:29 PM
u 2 was twins separated at birth yo

oh..

thekmp211
01-02-2011, 04:29 PM

well then stop saying dumb things. you clearly don't.

im sick of the iverson fan boy club. what else do you want? he was an inefficient player statistically. and he never won much.

i can understand iverson's numbers being lower because of the pressure on him to score and his size, ect. but the fact remains that his path to success in the nba did no produce one title. not one. and his team was built for him, and his style of play.

he got traded to play with a superstar in his prime, and they couldn't win either. the team got better after he left.

this isn't bill russell we're talking about. it's not someone whose statistical shortcomings are more than made up for by his success on the court.

garnett, on the other hand, fits the bill of a guy to build around if you want to win a ring. he was dominant and efficient on both ends. and, once he got traded to a team with good teammates, this held true.

as you "real ballers" who "play the game" know, the ball dont lie.

Hustlenomics
01-02-2011, 04:30 PM

im sick of the iverson fan boy club. what else do you want? he was an inefficient player statistically. and he never won much.

i can understand iverson's numbers being lower because of the pressure on him to score and his size, ect. but the fact remains that his path to success in the nba did no produce one title. not one. and his team was built for him, and his style of play.

he got traded to play with a superstar in his prime, and they couldn't win either. the team got better after he left.

this isn't bill russell we're talking about. it's not someone whose statistical shortcomings are more than made up for by his success on the court.

garnett, on the other hand, fits the bill of a guy to build around if you want to win a ring. he was dominant and efficient on both ends. and, once he got traded to a team with good teammates, this held true.

dude stop crying

Hawkeye15
01-02-2011, 04:31 PM
because contrary to some belief he plays like a sf not a pf hes not a post player like timmy.thats why timmy is better.

Timmy is better at some things, KG at others.

And like Chronz said, it would have been nice if KG had a good roster around him like Tim did when his team tanked and got him with the #1 pick.

Purch
01-02-2011, 04:34 PM

Omg Who would have possibly thought that Denver would get better with a Star point guard who's defensive minded instead of having two star players who are primarily scorers.

Clearly A.I's fault that Billups was clearly what that team needed.

FlakeyFool
01-02-2011, 04:37 PM
KG looks weird in a celtics jersey.

tbone2171
01-02-2011, 04:40 PM
he was so great. The supporting cast was so ****. trenton Hassel, Ervin johnson lol. cassell and sprewell were past their prime.

No they weren't

Hawkeye15
01-02-2011, 04:42 PM
No they weren't

no, they weren't. If it weren't for Cassell's hip, that finals may very well have been different.

thekmp211
01-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Omg Who would have possibly thought that Denver would get better with a Star point guard who's defensive minded instead of having two star players who are primarily scorers.

Clearly A.I's fault that Billups was clearly what that team needed.

please. i'm done with the iverson debate, it's pathetic trying to discuss facts with people who want to write iverson's life and career like some storybook novel.

so you're trying to tell me that iverson, the guy that is proportedly good enough to build a contender around, was jettisoned by a team because a less talented, team oriented player was a better fit for a team trying to win a ring? and this is someone not iverson's fault, but the team around him?

THAT MAKES NO SENSE. that is precisely the problem i, and everyone else arguing this point, have. he wasn't a good "fit" because he is a fundamentally flawed player. you can't throw the entire league under the bus and blame them for not having games that complemented AI. it's just absurd.

C-Style
01-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Kevin Garnett vs Sacramento Kings 2004 Playoffs Game 3 30/15/5/3/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfVQwMl2NDI

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200405100SAC.html

Kevin Garnett vs Los Angeles Lakers 2003 playoffs Game 3 33/14/4/4/2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc8jjcJUkco

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200304240LAL.html

Just uploaded to my Channel enjoy
:cheers:

did u post this in a different forum? or did u steal it?

thekmp211
01-02-2011, 04:59 PM
dude stop crying

sorry, it's just your internet tough-guy act cracks me up every time. can't stop laughing. :rolleyes:

Purch
01-02-2011, 05:04 PM
did u post this in a different forum? or did u steal it?

I've posted it on 8 different forums.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2011, 05:05 PM
I've posted it on 8 different forums.

how could you cheat on PSD?

:)

Purch
01-02-2011, 05:06 PM
please. i'm done with the iverson debate, it's pathetic trying to discuss facts with people who want to write iverson's life and career like some storybook novel.

so you're trying to tell me that iverson, the guy that is proportedly good enough to build a contender around, was jettisoned by a team because a less talented, team oriented player was a better fit for a team trying to win a ring? and this is someone not iverson's fault, but the team around him?

THAT MAKES NO SENSE. that is precisely the problem i, and everyone else arguing this point, have. he wasn't a good "fit" because he is a fundamentally flawed player. you can't throw the entire league under the bus and blame them for not having games that complemented AI. it's just absurd.

Yes that's exactly what I'm telling you. A guy who's a proven leader on the defensive end coming to a team full of young players and helping them play better on that end of the floor and not having to be the scorer like Melo/AI was clearly a perfect fit.

Purch
01-02-2011, 05:06 PM
how could you cheat on PSD?

:)

:eyebrow:

Hawkeye15
01-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Yes that's exactly what I'm telling you. A guy who's a proven leader on the defensive end coming to a team full of young players and helping them play better on that end of the floor and not having to be the scorer like Melo/AI was clearly a perfect fit.

Denver was helped because they got a better player, straight up, in the deal.

Purch
01-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Denver was helped because they got a better player, straight up, in the deal.

Denver was helped because they got a real point guard instead of a volume scorer who gets his points in the exact same way as their franchise player.

I don't see where this is going

thekmp211
01-02-2011, 05:10 PM

i understand and even agree with you. my frustration is mounted from the iverson thread, and i lumped you in with a couple posters who have come on here wondering why KG's situation in minnesota was any different than iverson's.

my statement was based on the idea that someone (you, in this case) thought iverson was a potential championship cornerstone. not sure if that's how you feel, but i certainly don't agree and think billups is every bit as good (and in a few ways far better) a baller as iverson. sorry if i lumped you in.

Purch
01-02-2011, 05:14 PM
I disagree with the part about Billups being just as good as A,I. As players A.I in his Mvp season was one of the most talented players I've ever seen.

But I don't think A.I was really the guy you could build a team around to win a championship.

However I Do believe Prime KG would have been the perfect compliment for A.I in his prime. KG didn't have to dominate a game with scoring and he would provide everything A.I didn't.

thekmp211
01-02-2011, 05:16 PM
I disagree with the part about Billups being just as good as A,I. As players A.I in his Mvp season was one of the most talented players I've ever seen.

But I don't think A.I was really the guy you could build a team around to win a championship.

However I Do believe Prime KG would have been the perfect compliment for A.I in his prime. KG didn't have to dominate a game with scoring and he would provide everything A.I didn't.

iverson certainly takes the talent cake from billups, but chauncey gets it done on the floor and thats what matters.

fadedmario
01-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Who cares. it's not 1997 anymore - celtics forum

Ty Fast
01-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Really wish he had started off with as much talent as Duncan did

Upload his series vs Spurs

kg came out of high school and duncan went to college. if kg, kobe, t - mac, ect went to college for a even a year or two they would have been a lot better in their rookie seasons.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2011, 06:05 PM
kg came out of high school and duncan went to college. if kg, kobe, t - mac, ect went to college for a even a year or two they would have been a lot better in their rookie seasons.

for sure, but none of that has anything to do with the talent level KG was given coming into the league versus Duncan.

Purch
01-02-2011, 06:27 PM
for sure, but none of that has anything to do with the talent level KG was given coming into the league versus Duncan.

Yea I have no idea where he was going with that statement :eyebrow:

Chronz
01-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Denver was helped because they got a real point guard instead of a volume scorer who gets his points in the exact same way as their franchise player.

I don't see where this is going
I like Hawkeyes explanation alot more, makes more sense when you look at the production

Chronz
01-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Has nothing to do with what I said but ok.....

Purch
01-03-2011, 05:55 AM
My explanation was emphasizing the fact that Billups was just a better fit.

Trade Billups to the sixers for A.I in his mvp season and could you honestly tell me he could take that team to the finals.

Purch
01-04-2011, 06:00 AM
Between Duncan/Garnett/Barkley/Malone

the talent differnce is minimal

Chronz
01-04-2011, 06:33 AM
My explanation was emphasizing the fact that Billups was just a better fit.

Trade Billups to the sixers for A.I in his mvp season and could you honestly tell me he could take that team to the finals.
He was the better player on top of being the better fit, the fact that he can play the position his height dictates helped though

Prolly not, hes a better defender than AI so the team would improve on that end, if I had to choose I would say no just because it was built with the specific purpose of covering up AI's weaknesses. Why would you pair Billups with Snow?

If I wanted to build a winning team Id have an easier time doing so with Billups, if I wanted to a single guy to carry a team to mediocrity Id take AI.

m26555
01-04-2011, 10:23 AM
I can just as easily say that Garnett's ability to play the point guard position and defend any position makes him better. And KG has always had a great low-post game anyway, so I don't know where you're getting that from. He may not play in the block as much as Duncan, but that's because he can do more.

thekmp211
01-04-2011, 12:54 PM
I can just as easily say that Garnett's ability to play the point guard position and defend any position makes him better. And KG has always had a great low-post game anyway, so I don't know where you're getting that from. He may not play in the block as much as Duncan, but that's because he can do more.

for sure. the point is he could do anything, which was why he was such a beast.

that turnaround baseline jumper, which he would nail with regularity, was a staple move before his legs started to go.

Hawkeye15
01-04-2011, 12:56 PM
for sure. the point is he could do anything, which was why he was such a beast.

that turnaround baseline jumper, which he would nail with regularity, was a staple move before his legs started to go.

when I saw Gasol block that shot last year, that is when I knew for certain, that KG was done as a dominant scorer. Sad

Sadds The Gr8
01-04-2011, 01:47 PM
he was so damn sick. that was back when i used to love KG...his dribbling skills are friggin amazing. he was just ****in nasty

Purch
01-05-2011, 05:51 AM
He was the better player on top of being the better fit, the fact that he can play the position his height dictates helped though

Prolly not, hes a better defender than AI so the team would improve on that end, if I had to choose I would say no just because it was built with the specific purpose of covering up AI's weaknesses. Why would you pair Billups with Snow?

If I wanted to build a winning team Id have an easier time doing so with Billups, if I wanted to a single guy to carry a team to mediocrity Id take AI.

Exactly. Why would you pair A.I with Melo. Two scorers who get their points the same way who need the ball.

Chronz
01-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Exactly. Why would you pair A.I with Melo. Two scorers who get their points the same way who need the ball.

Not the same, you see Billups and Snow are both PG's.

AI and Melo play different positions and can compliment eachother, not sure what you mean by scoring the same way considering AI doesnt have a post game nor does Melo handle the ball alot, besides couldnt you say the same thing about Bron/Wade. Point being AI-Melo still works, they both were VERY productive together. Billups was just a better player on top of being the better fit so the team was better overall.

Still the fact that you think you cant pair AI with someone as talented as Melo, whereas Im only insisting you find someone who doesnt play the same position as Billups speaks about how difficult it is to build a team around AI. Either way AI looks worse.