PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Ewing confirms he spoke with MJ about succeeding Larry Brown as Bobcats coach

JordansBulls
12-31-2010, 11:23 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/12/31/2010-12-31_ewing_jordan_talked_cats_job.html

Patrick Ewing confirmed that he had conversations with Michael Jordan about replacing Larry Brown as Charlotte's head coach but did not say if he was offered the job.

"I talk to Michael all the time, so there definitely was a phone call," Ewing said Thursday. "It depends on what we talked about."

Paul Silas was eventually named Bobcats coach but there is a possibility that Ewing, currently serving as an assistant with the Magic, could succeed Silas either after this season or in two years.

"My aspirations have never changed," Ewing said of getting a head-coaching job. "We have two more years on our contract, so I'm happy."

king4day
12-31-2010, 11:26 AM
Was probably smart not to take it since it sounds like they just wanted an interim coach for now.
Silas made the most sense from a fans perspective since they knew him from the days of the Hornets.
2 straight games against bad teams and the Bobcats attendance has gone up. Go figure.

d00d
12-31-2010, 11:32 AM
I hated Ewing when he played, but he would bring some fire to a team he coached.

wonder if he would fail like Singletary. old school might not work, especially in the NBA

tangent12
12-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Patrick Chewing.

lvlheaded
12-31-2010, 12:38 PM
I have wanted Ewing to hold out for the Knicks job...I just feel like it would be poetic justice for him to come back here and win a title as a coach since he couldn't as a player. That said, it doesn't look like D'Antoni is going any where so Ill be happy for Pat if and when he gets a head gig.

ManRam
12-31-2010, 01:45 PM
I remember when he and SVG were vocally upset that he didn't get more consideration for the knicks job a while back. I have no idea how good of an actual coach he is, but he hasn't impressed me one but with what he's done with dwight...and for that reason I won't care at all if he leaves.

AKAYaReal
12-31-2010, 01:50 PM
Would have loved to see him working with the Knicks instead of Herb but would be happy for him if he gets the the job with the Bobcats. It would be even better if Oakley stays on the staff and the to bad boys from the 90's Knicks brings that same mentality and play down there.

homestarunner93
12-31-2010, 02:14 PM
Thank God that didn't happen.

blahblahyoutoo
12-31-2010, 02:17 PM
he would not make a good coach IMO.

effen5
12-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Him being the Bobcats coach would be great...

I have a ton of respect for Ewing.

Supa
12-31-2010, 02:58 PM
bad idea, unless of course MJ want to tank.

---