PDA

View Full Version : With the Year ending which teams current standings surprise you the most?

29$JerZ
12-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Which teams who are either doing Good or bad surprise you before we enter the new year?

Good Surprise
Knicks - From mediocre to good (6th seed when many thought 7/8 was max, 4-6 seed this year.)
San Antonio - Best record in the West
Miami - Didn't think they'd click the way they did with 2 key injuries early on
Dallas - Defensively they look like a new team

Bad Surprise
Lakers - Look more down to Earth than last year despite the additions of Blake and Barnes
Milwaukee - Too inconsistent after a great year last year
Memphis - Thought they'd be a bottom playoff team this year
Portland + Houston - Injuries just almost destroyed their Star players (Brooks/Yao, Roy/Oden)

knicks4life33
12-30-2010, 12:52 PM
You forgot boston on good / they are starting the season off real strong so you can replace them with miami

SteBO
12-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Good Surprise

Knicks for obvious reasons
Spurs for obvious reasons
Mavs because of their defense lately

Bad Surprise

Bucks for their bad start

I'm not really surprised by the Lakers since they have had Bynum out, and they have no interest in regular season right now. They won convincingly last night, so they'll turn it around quickly.

blahblahyoutoo
12-30-2010, 01:06 PM
bobcats.

ATX
12-30-2010, 01:24 PM
You forgot boston on good / they are starting the season off real strong so you can replace them with miami

All you do is try and bait Heat fans.

knicks4life33
12-30-2010, 01:28 PM
no boston is startin the season amazing and heat started the season slow. everyone expected miami to come out real strong ! no one though boston would have a start like this . ide also put orlando on bad as well

MSU4life
12-30-2010, 01:28 PM
For good
Knicks
Spurs
for bad
Bucks

pistonsfanomg
12-30-2010, 01:35 PM
If I had to pick one for each

Good:
Definitely the Spurs

Bad:
Between Memphis and Bucks

Baller1
12-30-2010, 01:37 PM
New Orleans and New York.

CHANGO
12-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Good:
Spurs
Mavericks
Knicks
Heat

Bad:
Bucks
Bobcats

kozelkid
12-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Good:
Knicks
Indiana
Boston (I always thought they were a contender, but I thought they'd cost the regular season
Spurs (I thought they were done)
Hornets

Bad:
Milwaukee (Doesn't surprise me THAT much cause I didn't think Jennings/Salmons/Maggette would work especially Salmons, always has a knack of playing good in the 2nd half when he joins a new team and then sucks, but Boguts poor play has shocked me)
Houston
Portland
Bobcats (I thought it would take another year before they'd go through this massive decline)

arkanian215
12-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Which teams who are either doing Good or bad surprise you before we enter the new year?

Good Surprise
Knicks - From mediocre to good (6th seed when many thought 7/8 was max, 4-6 seed this year.)
San Antonio - Best record in the West
Miami - Didn't think they'd click the way they did with 2 key injuries early on
Dallas - Defensively they look like a new team

Bad Surprise
Lakers - Look more down to Earth than last year despite the additions of Blake and Barnes
Milwaukee - Too inconsistent after a great year last year
Memphis - Thought they'd be a bottom playoff team this year
Portland + Houston - Injuries just almost destroyed their Star players (Brooks/Yao, Roy/Oden)

They've played 19 games vs teams over .500 and 11 games vs teams below .500.

lkingratedr
12-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Good i gotta say the knicks they came out the gate with a few losses but then turned it around dramatically ... also the spurs i never would have thought they would be dominating the way they have

the losing end ... obviously the bucks they been a disappointment

and for people saying bobcats i seen this one coming they have no point guard true power forward or a point guard i love d.j augstin but he cant carry that team

tredigs
12-30-2010, 04:07 PM
no boston is startin the season amazing and heat started the season slow. everyone expected miami to come out real strong ! no one though boston would have a start like this . ide also put orlando on bad as well

Every smart fan knew the Heat were going to struggle to gel and work out the kinks in the early going having played 0 pre-season games together with the "big 3".

Any brave Lebron haters out here that want to say "Cleveland"? I know there were a ton of you that still said they would be in the playoff picture despite him... but alas, they are arguably the worst team in the NBA and will struggle to reach 20 wins this season. That's a 40-win swing, for those playing at home...

The Spurs resurgence to THIS level of elite is a little unexpected, but their bench is deep, Manu has been amazing as a starter and TP is playing as good or better than he has in his entire career. And of course, Duncan is still a monster whenever he feels like turning it on.

Really disappointed in the Bucks. I didn't think they'd be as good as a lot were expecting, but I thought they could at least maintain a slightly >.500 record. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Knicks are the favorite choice of people right now, but once they hit their rough patch of games here in January, I don't think they're a +.500 team anymore. If they CAN make it through Jan and maintain a winning record, color me a believer.

tredigs
12-30-2010, 04:11 PM
They've played 19 games vs teams over .500 and 11 games vs teams below .500.

Good call, their SOS has been tough, but you'd still think a team projected to be the 5th/6th seed would maintain something close to .500. We'll see how they do in the 2nd half.

Kashmir13579
12-30-2010, 11:16 PM
i don't think Heat is really a surprise. they're as good as everyone thought they would be..

err well, as good as i didn't want to believe they'd be. :facepalm:

BRADfromOZ
12-31-2010, 01:13 AM
Good
Dallas
New York
Toronto
Houston's record
Kevin Love
Blake "The Poster Child" Griffin

Bad
Portland's injuries
Houston's injuries
Not enough games televised in Australia

Mochalman
12-31-2010, 01:15 AM
good: spurs

bad: sacromento

xabial
12-31-2010, 01:40 AM
Good
Dallas
New York
Toronto
Houston's record
Kevin Love
Blake "The Poster Child" Griffin

Bad
Portland's injuries
Houston's injuries
Not enough games televised in Australia

I think Red Baron's a better nick name for blake for two reasons...

-He looks Ginger, idk.

-He flies..

But back on topic ..

good: spurs dallas

bad rockets, kings,

mjt20mik
12-31-2010, 12:44 PM
San Antonio, NO, Dallas, NY for Good

Milwaukee, Charlotte for Bad

tangent12
12-31-2010, 12:54 PM
The Heat have surprised me with this little streak they have going on. I don't think it will last too long though, so far it's just simply another typical NBA "run" where you get into rhythm for a while and win a couple of games so they'll have to prove themselves - specially come playoff time.