PDA

View Full Version : In All Seriousness: Any Takers for Corey Maggette?

hgtiger32
12-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Bucks fan here. Long story short, Bucks are struggling and Maggette recently said he would rate his experience as an F so far.

Anyhow, just wondering if any team would dare take him on their team?

Minimal
12-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN_ljDfevB0)

Emm... No.

JPHX
12-29-2010, 05:47 PM
if bogut is in the deal

hgtiger32
12-29-2010, 05:50 PM
if bogut is in the deal

im trying to make this a serious thread. i knew it was going to be hard so thats why i put the "in all seriousness" in title of thread

TrueFan420
12-29-2010, 05:54 PM
in all seriousness hell no... but maybe im just a little jaded considering im a warriors fan and we gave him the money. I still cant believe we got you guys to take him.

Flash3
12-29-2010, 05:58 PM
we'll give you lebron.

sf-fanatic
12-29-2010, 06:00 PM
biedrins + bell for maggette + a filler EC + a second rounder

ElMarroAfamado
12-29-2010, 06:07 PM
well as part of the big 3 with miami and his teammates bosh and wade, i say Corey Maggette has done fairly well...i mean he is a stat stuffer but I mean his team is doing well. he does need to get his Fts up though....i also think he should lose the headband ....Amare did embarass him last night tho totally dunked on him

Minimal
12-29-2010, 06:20 PM
well as part of the big 3 with miami and his teammates bosh and wade, i say Corey Maggette has done fairly well...i mean he is a stat stuffer but I mean his team is doing well. he does need to get his Fts up though....i also think he should lose the headband ....Amare did embarass him last night tho totally dunked on him
Read some english books:facepalm:

aman_13
12-29-2010, 06:27 PM
Just trade Bogut to the Raptors and we will all be happy.

Weeks
12-29-2010, 06:58 PM
He might fit on the Clippers

B-Diddy
Gordon
Maggette
Griffin
Kaman (once healthy)

Assuming they don't trade any starters

RZZZA
12-29-2010, 07:07 PM
he gets paid too much

blastmasta26
12-29-2010, 07:58 PM

Emm... No.
:laugh:

Tony_Starks
12-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Im out here in LA and remember his Clipper days very well. This dude is the definition of a stat padding ball hog. He's like the ********, bizzaro Kobe. As much as I hate the term "chucker" he actually fits the bill. He's a black hole. The metaphorical basketball abyss. The bermuda triangle of passes. Once you pass, you never see it again. AND he's injury prone. AND he doesn't play defense.

But I digress...... no, I wouldn't take him. On any team. Ever.

LTBaByyy
12-29-2010, 08:14 PM
No thanks, unless we can get larry sanders with him

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2010, 08:16 PM
I think he would fit well with the Suns.

He basically replaces Jason Richardson.

Gators123
12-29-2010, 08:18 PM
im trying to make this a serious thread. i knew it was going to be hard so thats why i put the "in all seriousness" in title of thread

This is the NBA forum, Only 25% of all post are serious.

arkanian215
12-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Yeah Outlaw for him. Their salaries are similar in total but not in years. Milwaukee will get to spread that money out over 5 years instead of 3 and potentially avoiding the luxury tax.

lkingratedr
12-29-2010, 08:33 PM
nope not unless you throwing in either jennings or bogut and i doubt the bucks will part with either

TrueFan420
12-29-2010, 08:35 PM
nope not unless you throwing in either jennings or bogut and i doubt the bucks will part with either

if the warriors found a way to part with him and he had one more year on the deal im sure the bucks can find a taker

Bulls_fan90
12-29-2010, 09:01 PM
What were they thinking trading for him in the first place? Everyone knows what sort of a player Maggette is. In order for the Bucks to move him they'd have to offer some young talent and a pick.

mvb815
12-30-2010, 04:39 AM
in all seriousness? yes i'll take him, corey maggette is a decent player, a slasher, and a lot of teams could use that. last season 20 ppg on 51% shooting?

he is specifically run and gun which the bucks don't really do, he is in that category with people like shawn marion, jason richardson, kelenna. is he a bad player? no, he just doesn't fit the system.

Blazers#1Fan
12-30-2010, 05:08 AM
only if we get brandon jennings

BradyIsTheMan12
12-30-2010, 05:15 AM
A big fat no! Maggette doesn't share the ball especially well, and ruins offensive cohesion.

BradyIsTheMan12
12-30-2010, 05:16 AM
only if we get brandon jennings

:laugh: I'd be down with that! But I doubt the Bucks are that stupid, we can all dream though.

Evolution23
12-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Nobody wants Method Man on their team

OT Thriller
12-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Yeah Outlaw for him. Their salaries are similar in total but not in years. Milwaukee will get to spread that money out over 5 years instead of 3 and potentially avoiding the luxury tax.

This or if the Bucks could find a way to involve Murphy instead of Outlaw. The Nets is the only team I see Maggette meshing well with because they are that desperate for a scorer.

beasted86
12-30-2010, 02:01 PM

Your gimmick is getting old. You should really mix it up and try some new material. This wasn't very creative.

beasted86
12-30-2010, 02:09 PM
I think the Sacramento Kings could use a legit wing scorer. All of their SFs are too inconsistent (Casspi, Green, Garcia, etc..). Trade Garcia's bad contract along with a filler or 2.

HakeemTheDream
12-30-2010, 02:44 PM
He's a bad defender but he's easily one of the best in the league at getting to the line. Any team that needs offense and can compensate on defense is a good fit for Maggette, and Bucks actually fit that description pretty well. If Bucks are looking for someone to blame, look at Salmons poor play (he usually plays better after the all-star break though) and Delfino's injury. Jennings hasn't lived up to his high expectations either, Bucks should have kept Ridnour. Not to mention Bogut is playing without his right hand.

kozelkid
12-30-2010, 02:53 PM
I think the Sacramento Kings could use a legit wing scorer. All of their SFs are too inconsistent (Casspi, Green, Garcia, etc..). Trade Garcia's bad contract along with a filler or 2.

That's possibly one of the worst places. It's bad enough that they have hard time getting Evans to share the ball. To add Maggette as well... oh boy.

Chronz
12-30-2010, 05:29 PM
This or if the Bucks could find a way to involve Murphy instead of Outlaw. The Nets is the only team I see Maggette meshing well with because they are that desperate for a scorer.

Bucks are more desperate for offense than any team in the league, Maggette and Gooden were suppose to provide that, atleast off the bench. Thus far Maggs hasnt produced at his normal rate, this is so far beneath him that hes either in a serious decline or theres something else going on behind the scenes.

beasted86
12-30-2010, 05:35 PM
That's possibly one of the worst places. It's bad enough that they have hard time getting Evans to share the ball. To add Maggette as well... oh boy.

Commentators say that, but I was always under the impression they just don't have the playmakers to allow Evans to play off the ball or be a PG in the offense.

Seriously though, Casspi has fallen off, Udrih is mediocre, and Landry isn't showing anywhere near the same spark he had to finish the season. They just don't have playmakers, and Evans might need surgery soon so Maggette will be a good stop gap scorer.

Durant is hype
12-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Bucks are more desperate for offense than any team in the league, Maggette and Gooden were suppose to provide that, atleast off the bench. Thus far Maggs hasnt produced at his normal rate, this is so far beneath him that hes either in a serious decline or theres something else going on behind the scenes.

Very insightful post!

ChiSox219
12-31-2010, 01:35 AM
What were they thinking trading for him in the first place? Everyone knows what sort of a player Maggette is.

Bucks were the worst in the NBA when it came to getting to the FT line last year.

SeoulBeatz
12-31-2010, 01:51 AM
Wouldn't even trade Elton Brand for him, that's how i feel.

Mplsman
12-31-2010, 02:02 AM

Emm... No.

Wow.

xabial
12-31-2010, 02:04 AM
Bucks show what it means to be overhyped. They were playoff contendors last year, then Trade For Maggette and his long contract, and extend John Salmons, and everyone is on their ****'s. From player's health (Bogut/Jennings) to players slacking when they get their money (Salmons/ Maggette?) Somethings wrong with this team. The Talents there, but they just wont click.

dodie53
12-31-2010, 10:34 AM
the bucks are stuck with him