PDA

View Full Version : Wolves Looking to Acquire Mayo and Randolph--How good can they potentially be?

Cubsfan365
12-29-2010, 05:13 PM
The Wolves are reportedly going to try and trade for OJ Mayo and Anthony Randolph before the February deadline. If they succeed in doing so, how good can this team expect to be in the near future. They would have an overwhelming amount of young talent, and a potential line-up could consist of:
PG: Ricky Rubio
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Michael Beasley/ Wes Johnson
PF: Kevin Love
C: Anthony Randolph

Of course some of their younger talent would be used to acquire these two, but as of now, the Wolves also still have Johnny Flynn, Corey Brewer, Wayne Ellington, Kosta Koufos, and Martell Webster. The most shocking part is that that everyone in that starting line-up and the others mentioned are all 24 years old or younger. If they can pull this off, how good will the Wolves be and do you think they can pull quick 180 like the Thunder?

Link: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14486778/rebuilding-turning-into-lengthy-process-for-timberwolves

justinnum1
12-29-2010, 05:14 PM
A little better but not a lot. They need to play consistent defense, not just in spurts. They might win a few more games, but they really need to play D.

tredigs
12-29-2010, 05:18 PM
The Wolves are reportedly going to try and trade for OJ Mayo and Anthony Randolph before the February deadline. If they succeed in doing so, how good can this team expect to be in the near future. They would have an overwhelming amount of young talent, and a potential line-up could consist of:
PG: Ricky Rubio
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Michael Beasley/ Wes Johnson
PF: Kevin Love
C: Anthony Randolph

Of course some of their younger talent would be used to acquire these two, but as of now, the Wolves also still have Johnny Flynn, Corey Brewer, Wayne Ellington, Kosta Koufos, and Martell Webster. The most shocking part is that that everyone in that starting line-up and the others mentioned are all 24 years old or younger. If they can pull this off, how good will the Wolves be and do you think they can pull quick 180 like the Thunder?

Link: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14486778/rebuilding-turning-into-lengthy-process-for-timberwolves

Love needs a big defensive presence along side him at C. They'd have to have Darko still start there. That said, if they're getting Mayo+Randolph they're not holding onto all those guys.

WolvesJagsOs
12-29-2010, 05:20 PM
A little better but not a lot. They need to play consistent defense, not just in spurts. They might win a few more games, but they really need to play D.

Our defense has gotten alot better over the last 2 games, and we have won both. If they decide to keep teh defensive trend up, I say we win mroe than that.

heattiltheend94
12-29-2010, 05:21 PM
I can see a 8 seed. Give real good competition with Houston
Mayo has been talked about a lot today

cargobox
12-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Hopefully Mayo revives his career with the Wolves. That'll be some cool stuff, Beasley, Love, Mayo, and Rubio (That's if Rubio plays at a good level and develops). They just need a few backups and maybe some veterans to train them

Hustlenomics
12-29-2010, 05:26 PM
i thought it was Zach Randolph..that would have been good for them

xabial
**** the Wolves GM. See if the knicks are going to help you out after what you said.

NYtilIdie
It all depends on what they give up.

Rivera
12-29-2010, 05:28 PM
they would be were they are still at right now because anthony randoplh is still living on potential and oj mayo still doesnt play much D if any at all

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 05:29 PM
I think Telfair and Brewer are goners, and they will have to move at least a late 1st rounder for Randolph. Brewer, and another piece at the very least, would have to go to Memphis. I think Love, Beasley, Wesley, and Flynn are the only ones they would not move for Mayo. But quite honestly, Memphis is not going to be able to hold onto Mayo, so they may just move him for Brewer and a 2nd rounder for instance.

The Wolves would then become the Blazers of two years ago. TOO MUCH young talent. They will need to set a rotation next year at some point meaning there will be a few young players demanding out

kjoke
maybe they trade the rights to rubio

Hawkeye15
**** the Wolves GM. See if the knicks are going to help you out after what you said.

what did he say?

nycericanguy
looks good on paper, but hey MIN doesn't look so bad on paper right now either. You need defensive players. There are alot of teams that look good on paper that are actually really bad. Like the CLIPS, NETS, & PHI

arkanian215
12-29-2010, 05:30 PM

What becomes of Conley and that huge contract he just signed?

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 05:31 PM
I WILL SAY THIS ONLY ONCE. RUBIO IS NOT GOING TO BE TRADED. Kahn is infatuated with him. Nothing short of an all star under the age of 25 will get Rubio right now.

I am not saying I agree, or disagree with this, I am simply injecting reality here. Drop Rubio. You aint getting him

DwayneMVPwade
Anthony Randohph cant play Center. Hes a Pf/Sf

WolvesJagsOs

lol, good luck with that.

kjoke
yeah i have no idea i was just throwing his name out there

WolvesJagsOs
12-29-2010, 05:32 PM
^alot of ppl have been lol, such as one of the quotes in my sig. Like Hawkeye said, Kahn will never deal him.

kjoke
12-29-2010, 05:33 PM
that being said...when is rubio projected to be coming over here?

llemon
12-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Love needs a big defensive presence along side him at C. They'd have to have Darko still start there. That said, if they're getting Mayo+Randolph they're not holding onto all those guys.

They could probably get Anthony & Walker for Telfair

Hustla23
12-29-2010, 05:36 PM
They could probably get Anthony & Walker for Telfair
No.

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 05:36 PM
that being said...when is rubio projected to be coming over here?

he is slated to come over next summer. All signs point to him joining the Wolves for the 2011-12 season

Flash3
12-29-2010, 05:37 PM
I WILL SAY THIS ONLY ONCE. RUBIO IS NOT GOING TO BE TRADED. Kahn is infatuated with him. Nothing short of an all star under the age of 25 will get Rubio right now.

I am not saying I agree, or disagree with this, I am simply injecting reality here. Drop Rubio. You aint getting him

would a Chalmers flynn trade work :pray:

WolvesJagsOs
12-29-2010, 05:37 PM
he is slated to come over next summer. All signs point to him joining the Wolves for the 2011-12 season

yup, pending lockout. Speaking of lockout, any of you think it happens?

210Don
12-29-2010, 05:38 PM
they really do need a sg would be great and make them better

kjoke
12-29-2010, 05:39 PM
would a Chalmers flynn trade work :pray:

lol, id like a arroyo+maglore :D

WolvesJagsOs
12-29-2010, 05:41 PM
they really do need a sg would be great and make them better

eh, not really. Wes Johnson is our SG, and we have Webster off the bench. Wes is a rook, so we need to give him time, but he has had a couple nice outing, 24 pts (6-8 3's) last game against the Hornets.

WolvesJagsOs
12-29-2010, 05:42 PM
lol, id like a arroyo+maglore :D

I actually dont mind Arroyo lol.

Tony_Starks
12-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Who in the world do they have that other teams would actually value outside of Love, B-Easy, and Johnson?

Please don't say Flyn, he didn't even overwhelm people in the D-League......

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Who in the world do they have that other teams would actually value outside of Love, B-Easy, and Johnson?

Please don't say Flyn, he didn't even overwhelm people in the D-League......

are you kidding? Flynn has a lot of value. As does any of their small contracts for young players, their 1st round picks, etc. If there is one thing Kahn has done, its create complete flexibility.

Flash3
12-29-2010, 06:04 PM
I actually dont mind Arroyo lol.

:eyebrow:

cooters22
12-29-2010, 06:05 PM
OJ has a much talent as Kobe and as much sense as OJ Simpson.

MSU4life
12-29-2010, 06:19 PM
i dont think anothny randolph is a center

HeaTxRipZz
12-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Hopefully If the knicks do it they can get some guys back like Ridnour/Telfair and like Corey Brewer......Knicks really need to start building a nice bench up

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Randolph is not a center. He provides depth at SF-C, depending on who they are playing that night, but he would get abused as a full time center.

Again, I think Brewer, Telfair, Utah's pick. and maybe Koufus or some other youngen will go for these trades. Memphis may just want to groom Henry, and trade Mayo for Brewer and a 2nd rounder, since Brewer comes off the books this summer. Who knows?

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Knicks aren't getting more than Telfair/Utah's pick for Randolph. You can't exactly make demands for a guy who never plays, regardless of his supposed talent

xabial
12-29-2010, 06:27 PM
what did he say?

Kahn on Knicks possibily Trading for Rubio- "what kind of trade can they possibly propose?"

Translation- You guys have Nothing to offer.. You dont say something like that publically, even if you want to kill the Rubio Trade Rumors. Especially after Kahn was an understudy of Donnie Walsh the Knicks GM. Its like saying **** you.

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Kahn on Knicks possibily Trading for Rubio- "what kind of trade can they possibly propose?"

Translation- You guys have Nothing to offer.. You dont say something like that publically, even if you want to kill the Rubio Trade Rumors. Especially after Kahn was an understudy of Donnie Walsh the Knicks GM. Its like saying **** you.

at the time, what on earth did they have to offer?
And he was responding the the annoying national media that wouldn't drop the subject basically. Quite frankly, I still don't think the Knicks have anything to offer that would be a fair trade. There just isn't a match. That is the message.

And if you think Walsh won't deal with his protege, you are wrong. Its a business, period.

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 06:32 PM
that being said xaibal, I am so glad Kahn finally stopped talking. It made my PSD life easier.

topdog
12-29-2010, 06:41 PM
What is Memphis even looking for for Mayo? They seem to have decided to move on from Mayo and spend money on Gay, Conley and Gasol. They don't have any real big contracts to drop or anything... so picks? Young talent? But what position? Nothing? lol

Randolph is gettable imo. It just depends upon what.

airforceones25
12-29-2010, 06:53 PM
who wins the chucking contest? Mayo or Beasley

Prince_Karl15
12-29-2010, 06:59 PM
lmaoo if the wolves think they getting AR from the knicks for ne thing less then ricky n 1st rounder AR is possibly with Wilson Chandler is what maybe makes that melo work..

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 07:05 PM
lmaoo if the wolves think they getting AR from the knicks for ne thing less then ricky n 1st rounder AR is possibly with Wilson Chandler is what maybe makes that melo work..

Rubio and a 1st for a guy who can't even get off the bench in NY? hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Thank you for that.

topdog
12-29-2010, 07:06 PM

So you think a gut riding the bench is the same thing as a guy winning EuroChampionships overseas?

And you want a 1st rounder? On the count of 3 I will snap my fingers and you'll come back to reality. One... two... three.. *SNAP!*

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 07:06 PM

seriously. But in all seriousness, I think they would use Mayo much differently than Memphis. Mayo's value is at an all time low currently, so I am not sure why Memphis would entertain trading him at the moment quite honestly. Brewer and a 2nd would be about all they could get right now.

Bruno
12-29-2010, 07:08 PM
The Wolves have a lot of promise. I hope they make the trades and develop into title contenders after a few years of meshing.

topdog
12-29-2010, 07:09 PM

Anyone remember the days of playing NBA Live or whatever and trading for the top picks in the latest draft? Well, the Wolves could end up with the 2,3 and 5 picks from the '08 draft. Weird.

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Anyone remember the days of playing NBA Live or whatever and trading for the top picks in the latest draft? Well, the Wolves could end up with the 2,3 and 5 picks from the '08 draft. Weird.

if they got Mayo for intance, they have
Mayo
Love
Beasley
Darko
Rubio
Johnson
Flynn
Webster

all top 6 picks in their draft. Now that is crazy

llemon
12-29-2010, 07:15 PM
No.

Why not Anthony & Walker for Telfair?

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Why not Anthony & Walker for Telfair?

NY will be looking for a pick to facilitate a Melo trade. So throw in Utah's pick, and they could probably get that deal done

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Rubio, Beasley and Love have great futures ahead for them.

Mayo can still have a bounce back season after slacking off the last couple of years. And Randolph still has potential.

llemon
12-29-2010, 07:25 PM
NY will be looking for a pick to facilitate a Melo trade. So throw in Utah's pick, and they could probably get that deal done

Screw the Knicks, They are trading Anthony who has done nothing and is obviously in D'Antoni's doghouse & Walker, who Knicks don't want for a backup PG, which they have stated that they need, with an expiring contract.

If Anthony is worth anything, just trade him to a team that will give up a draft pick for him.

Minny's in the driver's seat on this one.

Da Knicks
12-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Not sure the knicks let go of Randolph so easily, the guy is at 7'0'' right now and looks to still be growing. He has gained 40 pounds since his days with the warriors, knicks look at him as a future Camby. They have worked on his game for a while now and have got him healthy, this kid has promise new york will let him go for maybe two late first rounders. Randolph is only 21 years old and with Amare helping him at practice the knicks might have the future center already. I would only trade him if the right deal was in place to get Melo. His salary for the next three years is great for a team who wants to stay under the cap.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Randolph can't play center...

Da Knicks
12-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Screw the Knicks, They are trading Anthony who has done nothing and is obviously in D'Antoni's doghouse & Walker, who Knicks don't want for a backup PG, which they have stated that they need, with an expiring contract.

If Anthony is worth anything, just trade him to a team that will give up a draft pick for him.

Minny's in the driver's seat on this one.

Wrong knicks have being offered first round picks for this guy before and said no. Denver was interested in Randolph while he was with the warriors, this kid has stayed injury free and will be hot commodity again. 21 years old, this kid has a lot of potential, I doubt the knicks let him go for pennies.

WolvesJagsOs
12-29-2010, 07:32 PM

lmao. You pretty much said the same thing as the guy i quoted in my sig.

llemon
12-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Wrong knicks have being offered first round picks for this guy before and said no. Denver was interested in Randolph while he was with the warriors, this kid has stayed injury free and will be hot commodity again. 21 years old, this kid has a lot of potential, I doubt the knicks let him go for pennies.

I guess Anthony Randolph is the most valuable unplayable non-rookie in the league.

Maybe Randolph & Curry for 'Melo.

Slimsim
12-29-2010, 07:41 PM
I was hoping for a Mayo Randolph swap

heattiltheend94
12-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Randolph can't play center...

You wouldn't know from the amount Dantoni has been playing him

haggis
12-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Rubio and a 1st for a guy who can't even get off the bench in NY? hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Thank you for that.

But duuuuuuuuuude what about his "potential"!!! :rolleyes:

Da Knicks
12-29-2010, 07:50 PM
I guess Anthony Randolph is the most valuable unplayable non-rookie in the league.

Maybe Randolph & Curry for 'Melo.

You may not be that far off, if it comes to the final week of Feb trade deadline that might just be what happens. Another interesting note from what you said is the non-rookie thing, Randolph is only 21 years old once again. He has being getting trained by nba pros and coaches, if he would of stayed in college this whole time he would be a player just entering the draft. The draft is a crapshoot after the first 5 picks, what would you rather have a guy with potential coming out of college or a guy with potential who has had good games in the nba just out pure athletisism?

Randolph has being developing in the nbas trained supervision, this guy has just being getting bigger and stronger. The time off has gotten him healthy, the knicks are in no rush to get him out.;)

SluggeR
12-29-2010, 07:51 PM
NYK: Thabeet/Johnson or Webster/Ridnour

Grizz: A big from T-Wolves/Brewer or Webster/Telfair/1st rd draft pick(T-Wolves)

T-Wolves: Mayo/Randolph/TD/Bill Walker/filler if needed

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-29-2010, 07:55 PM
You wouldn't know from the amount Dantoni has been playing him

That would be true... but he was playing earlier this season, and didn't do ANYTHING. D'Antoni had every reason to bench AR, dudes a straight bum, And I was one of those on his bandwagon last year and every year he's been in the L

Kutchie03
12-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Wolvesjagsfan10 you're sure proving Drobe86 wrong!

topdog
12-29-2010, 08:00 PM
NYK: Thabeet/Johnson or Webster/Ridnour

Grizz: A big from T-Wolves/Brewer or Webster/Telfair/1st rd draft pick(T-Wolves)

T-Wolves: Mayo/Randolph/TD/Bill Walker/filler if needed

I will counter with Telfair/Utah's pick/Lazar Hayward for Randolph

And Pekovic or Koufos/Brewer/Memphis' pick back for Mayo

llemon
12-29-2010, 08:01 PM
That would be true... but he was playing earlier this season, and didn't do ANYTHING. D'Antoni had every reason to bench AR, dudes a straight bum, And I was one of those on his bandwagon last year and every year he's been in the L

I thought Anthony was going to be something also. I figured Nelson was playing with his head in GS.

Was worried when Knicks acquired him, but now I'm not sure how much game AR actually has.

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 08:03 PM
I thought Anthony was going to be something also. I figured Nelson was playing with his head in GS.

Was worried when Knicks acquired him, but now I'm not sure how much game AR actually has.

well he did show flashes with GS. He obviously needs a change of scenery. Kid is 21. But the Knicks are in a corner with him. He has the worst value of his career right now, so they will not get a ton back for them

BkOriginalOne
12-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Mayo is too small to start the 2 in the NBA. He's not a good defender and he's not iverson who scored 30 a game.
It looks like your saying Randolph (who is not playing for the Knicks) would start at C for the wolves (who I assume would trade Darko back to the Knicks who weren't playing him?)

WolvesJagsOs
12-29-2010, 08:10 PM
^lol, no way we trade Darko. I dont know why ppl are sayin AR would start at C, im assuming he would be the 1st big off the bench.

WolvesJagsOs
12-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Wolvesjagsfan10 you're sure proving Drobe86 wrong!

lol, ik, i dont get what that guys prob is with Klove. There hasnt been a 30-30 game in 25-30 yrs in the nba, and than he says Klove had a good game, but dont expect it again, well obviously, its happened once in 25-30 yrs lol.

Diewitdaknicks
12-29-2010, 08:12 PM

X2 Yeah what he said! Give us a couple of first rounders and a PG maybe we'll talk

llemon
12-29-2010, 08:13 PM
You may not be that far off, if it comes to the final week of Feb trade deadline that might just be what happens. Another interesting note from what you said is the non-rookie thing, Randolph is only 21 years old once again. He has being getting trained by nba pros and coaches, if he would of stayed in college this whole time he would be a player just entering the draft. The draft is a crapshoot after the first 5 picks, what would you rather have a guy with potential coming out of college or a guy with potential who has had good games in the nba just out pure athletisism?

Randolph has being developing in the nbas trained supervision, this guy has just being getting bigger and stronger. The time off has gotten him healthy, the knicks are in no rush to get him out.;)

Aren't all young players being developed in the NBA's trained supervision?

Aren't all teams trying to get their young bigmen bigger and stronger?

That isn't to say Anthony won't turn out to be a player. He looked good for awhile under Nelson, but you can't judge by Nelson's system.

PurpleJesus
12-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Recent reports suggesting that the Timberwolves are interested in Memphis Grizzlies guard O.J. Mayo are inaccurate. Further research proved those claims to be false, but the Timberwolves do like New York Knicks forward Anthony Randolph as the report also suggested. They view Randolph as a nice project who would be worth acquiring if they didn't have to give up much.

The player that the Timberwolves truly covet is Portland Trail Blazers forward Nicolas Batum. They really like his game and potential in their system, but are less than optimistic about their chances to acquire him due to how much he's valued by the Blazers and their reluctance to let go of Love or Beasley. They also happen to be just one of several teams who would love to deal for Batum, so there would be a lot of competition if the Blazers were to put him on the market.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18327#ixzz19Y8GmtKe.

apparently we are not interested in Mayo, but we are interested in Batum

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18327

hoopsworld is fairly reliable

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 08:31 PM
X2 Yeah what he said! Give us a couple of first rounders and a PG maybe we'll talk

you guys are all aware you are not the GM of the Knicks, right? And you are also aware that Kahn is Walsh's protege from Indy, right?

Its a business. Walsh isn't going to care what Kahn said, which by the way was a true statement, even though he shouldn't have said it publically.

As I stated before, thank god Kahn just shut up a few months ago.

llemon
12-29-2010, 08:32 PM
apparently we are not interested in Mayo, but we are interested in Batum

The guy the Blazers REALLY don't want to deal.

WSU Tony
12-29-2010, 08:32 PM

Keep drooling over Rubio.

nyanks79
12-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Batum will take one of your core players. Portland loves him, and rightfully so.

topdog
12-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Batum will take one of your core players. Portland loves him, and rightfully so.

I feel guilty that I haven't really seen this guy play. I swear he's always injured or something when I see Portland play. Who does his game resemble?

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 08:44 PM
I feel guilty that I haven't really seen this guy play. I swear he's always injured or something when I see Portland play. Who does his game resemble?

a better Channing Frye with some "D"

lkingratedr
12-29-2010, 08:44 PM
honestly right now i would trade anthony randolph for a 1st rounder johnny flynn or and i cant believe im saying this darko milicic

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Batum is way overvalued by Portland. The Wolves are not getting him. I think there was a rumor that Portland turned down the #4 pick for him last summer before the draft. That is ridiculous. Batum is tall, long, and can shoot and block some shots, but he isn't a future stud, so I have no clue why they value him as such.

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 08:48 PM
honestly right now i would trade anthony randolph for a 1st rounder johnny flynn or and i cant believe im saying this darko milicic

feels weird, doesn't it? Milicic is actually not terrible anymore. Weird

llemon
12-29-2010, 08:48 PM

WOW, you must think TWolves think a HELLUVA lot of this guy getting less than 10 mpg.

nyanks79
12-29-2010, 08:49 PM

Hes got more then some D IMO. I think hes got the potential to be one of the top wing defenders. Smart and has some long arms. Not a bad comparison to Frye though as he mostly stays around the perimeter. Better athlete though.

topdog
12-29-2010, 08:50 PM

I'd rather have Mayo cost-benefit wise if that's all Batum is.

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Hes got more then some D IMO. I think hes got the potential to be one of the top wing defenders. Smart and has some long arms. Not a bad comparison to Frye though as he mostly stays around the perimeter. Better athlete though.

oh I agree, which is why I added "D". He is a sniper who defends pretty well. But not a star, so I really don't get Portland clutching onto him when many teams want him.

nyanks79
12-29-2010, 09:05 PM
oh I agree, which is why I added "D". He is a sniper who defends pretty well. But not a star, so I really don't get Portland clutching onto him when many teams want him.

Haha yea. I think he actually fit pretty perfectly with them if they were healthy. With a healthy Roy and Oden there was hope they would be a contender. And I think if they were competing and had that complete team he would fit really well as the and outside shooter who could play good D. But I dont think he will ever be a isolation/playmaker type player. And they could definatly get value back for him.

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Haha yea. I think he actually fit pretty perfectly with them if they were healthy. With a healthy Roy and Oden there was hope they would be a contender. And I think if they were competing and had that complete team he would fit really well as the and outside shooter who could play good D. But I dont think he will ever be a isolation/playmaker type player. And they could definatly get value back for him.

man I feel for the Portland fans and franchise. I really liked that team, and it is probably done with Roy's knees, and Oden always hurt. Batum is a nice wing option on a great team.
But that is what I mean about his offense. Sniper in the Frye mold, but he can run and defend better. I would love to have him for equal value, but that is on Portland

YoungOne
12-29-2010, 09:10 PM
right now milicic is better then randolph...

WolvesJagsOs
12-29-2010, 09:12 PM
^agreed, Darko has been awsome.

Hustla23
12-29-2010, 09:13 PM
No.

If we're talking about picks, it has to be Minny's pick, not Utah's.

There's no point in trading Randolph for a non-top 10 pick. We might as well just hold onto him.

nyanks79
12-29-2010, 09:17 PM
man I feel for the Portland fans and franchise. I really liked that team, and it is probably done with Roy's knees, and Oden always hurt. Batum is a nice wing option on a great team.
But that is what I mean about his offense. Sniper in the Frye mold, but he can run and defend better. I would love to have him for equal value, but that is on Portland

Yea I liked there team too. I still would take a chance on Oden if I was a GM. I think the Blazers will pick up his QO though. Id love for the Knicks to throw some money at him if they dont though. His D next to Amare would look nice.

To get back on topic, I really dont see Walsh trading Randolph. He has always loved him and I think Westbrook, Gallo, and Randolph were his top choices in that draft. I dont see any deal with the Knicks happening until the deadline anyway to see what happens with Melo.

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 09:21 PM
No.

If we're talking about picks, it has to be Minny's pick, not Utah's.

There's no point in trading Randolph for a non-top 10 pick. We might as well just hold onto him.

they can't trade their pick, it goes to the Clippers top 10 protected, so its under restriction.

And why on earth would anyone give you a top 6-7 pick for Randolph? The dude has sucked this season, and you don't even play him. Cmon man

Hawkeye15
12-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Yea I liked there team too. I still would take a chance on Oden if I was a GM. I think the Blazers will pick up his QO though. Id love for the Knicks to throw some money at him if they dont though. His D next to Amare would look nice.

To get back on topic, I really dont see Walsh trading Randolph. He has always loved him and I think Westbrook, Gallo, and Randolph were his top choices in that draft. I dont see any deal with the Knicks happening until the deadline anyway to see what happens with Melo.

he may want to sit down with his coach and tell him to play him then. Otherwise, what use is he?

Da Knicks
12-29-2010, 09:31 PM
he may want to sit down with his coach and tell him to play him then. Otherwise, what use is he?

Come on Hawkeye, you know as well as i do that New York has no reason to trade Randolph right now unless they get blown away with a deal. Why would you trade a big man who has being in the league 3 years and just turned 21 for marbles? Randolph has had good games without understanding the nba just because of his raw talent. The dude is 7'0'' and has gotten alot more meat on him, he is on a small pay contract. What would be the rush on Donnies part to trade him when his value is at an all time low? none. Im sure more teams will start coming up acquiring for his services now that they now for sure that he is injury free. Two first rounders is not out of the question at all, someone will over pay. If the dude was just enetering the draft who would you have ahead of him? He is only 21, most kids his age are just coming to the draft this year coming up.

Hustla23
12-29-2010, 09:35 PM
they can't trade their pick, it goes to the Clippers top 10 protected, so its under restriction.

And why on earth would anyone give you a top 6-7 pick for Randolph? The dude has sucked this season, and you don't even play him. Cmon man
Then next year's. Or the year after.

The kid is 21 years old and has insane potential. And he has value around the league just based off of his physical attributes and skillset.

Just because he's not getting playing time doesn't mean we're just going to throw that away for an almost meaningless pick.

Douglas barely got playing time last year under D'antoni because he wasn't in his initial rotation, but once he cracked the rotation, he flourished. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened with Randolph.

nyanks79
12-29-2010, 09:37 PM

His value has obviously decreased and he cant be the main piece in a Melo deal. I think he will start get some time soon. They sat him down and they won though. Personally I dont think its a direct result from ARs benching. Just hit a good stretch and had some others click. I think he could be getting some time soon.

And its not that I dont think they would ever trade him, I just think there going to wait til the deadline to make any deal. There not going to trade for the Jazzs pick without knowledge that Denver will except a pick that late. There gonna need a pick for Melo and I just think they will wait and it will be some sort of 3 way deal if the Knicks end up getting Melo. If the Wolves have interest in Randolph, then there obviously a possible team to get involved.

CityofChaos
12-29-2010, 09:39 PM
When will the Anthony Randolph hype die? The dude is so overrated it isnt even funny. He hasnt done ANYTHING spectacular in his career. Nellie didnt like him so he put him in his dog house and now he is in D'Antonis' hence the lack of PT.

People keep using his age as an excuse to like him..NO

robbnen#31
12-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Anthony Randolph won't be able to compete as a center

Shahrose
12-29-2010, 10:12 PM
give that team a few years and they would be scary good

Anon
12-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Hard to say how good they would be until you know what you are getting in Rubio.

mzgrizz
12-29-2010, 11:03 PM

And I say we don't want Rubio's rights or we would have done that 2 years ago. I don't know why the guy posted that.

Chi StateOfMind
12-29-2010, 11:25 PM
players don't make the team......coach and chemistry along with talent look at the celtics and lakers so they might play better but not goin anywhere anytime soon

NYYCowboys
12-29-2010, 11:29 PM
I don't foresee the Knicks trading Randolph for anything less than a 1st round pick.

Hawkeye15
12-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Come on Hawkeye, you know as well as i do that New York has no reason to trade Randolph right now unless they get blown away with a deal. Why would you trade a big man who has being in the league 3 years and just turned 21 for marbles? Randolph has had good games without understanding the nba just because of his raw talent. The dude is 7'0'' and has gotten alot more meat on him, he is on a small pay contract. What would be the rush on Donnies part to trade him when his value is at an all time low? none. Im sure more teams will start coming up acquiring for his services now that they now for sure that he is injury free. Two first rounders is not out of the question at all, someone will over pay. If the dude was just enetering the draft who would you have ahead of him? He is only 21, most kids his age are just coming to the draft this year coming up.

I agree from their perspective. But I am not so sure that is how it will go down.
A legit backup PG, and a 1st round pick may get it done.

Hawkeye15
12-30-2010, 12:03 AM
Then next year's. Or the year after.

The kid is 21 years old and has insane potential. And he has value around the league just based off of his physical attributes and skillset.

Just because he's not getting playing time doesn't mean we're just going to throw that away for an almost meaningless pick.

Douglas barely got playing time last year under D'antoni because he wasn't in his initial rotation, but once he cracked the rotation, he flourished. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened with Randolph.

chill man. We are not the GM's of our favorite team. Randolph's trade value is as low as possible. You should understand that. With a pending Melo trade, things need to happen.

I like Randolph. But your team is not using him. They may move him for help to get Melo.

knicksfan42
12-30-2010, 12:26 AM

I believe the Pacers want Randolph for their first rounder, which is most likely going to be a higher seed than Utah's first rounder. Telfair is a scrub and is not better than Toney Douglas at the PG spot despite the fact that Douglas himself isn't a real PG. Even if Indy's pick would only be one pick higher than Utah's Indy's deal would still be better.

NYK_kidd77
12-30-2010, 12:28 AM
chill man. We are not the GM's of our favorite team. Randolph's trade value is as low as possible. You should understand that. With a pending Melo trade, things need to happen.

I like Randolph. But your team is not using him. They may move him for help to get Melo.

The only way I can see them moving him is if it is to help get Melo. Other than that I doubt they would be in a rush to trade him, unless the offer was to good to be true.

PurpleJesus
12-30-2010, 12:35 AM
wouldnt Denver want Randolph in a possible Melo trade?

AddiX
12-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Randolph and Mayo are going to be rumored traded to a lot of teams before this is said and done. I wouldn't go to crazy over any of this during this part of the season.

Especially if your a Knick of T-Wolve fan.

Sixerlover
12-30-2010, 02:28 AM
I wonder how old Randolph is going to have to be before people stop believing in the kid. I understand he's a knick now so knicks fans have to believe in his "potential" and that's all well and good, but jeez can the rest of the league give it up already? Forget age please he's been in the league 3 years with minimal contribution. That spells failure.

Of course people will come at me with the "BUT JERMAINE O'NEAL!!" response, but he was the exception not the standard. Do you really want me to name all of the players who didn't play their first 3 years and turned out to be busts? I think Randolph is going down that road. Another player not highly regarded by any general managers, but the "golden goose" in fans eyes waiting for the right situation.

With that said, I see no future in which Minny keeps Mayo, Love, Beasley, Flynn, Rubio, Johnson and Pek, picks and all the other young players. After a certain amount of time the young players have to be "traded in" like chips for some veterans that can lead the team to the playoffs and beyond. But I will say that Kahn has done a wonderful job in putting the Wolves in a nice situation. A lot of young players and a lot of cap room, it's a GM's dream. Now he has to come through and begin to build a winner.

knicks09
12-30-2010, 02:54 AM
AR for Telfair ??? C'mon now :facepalm:

tbone2171
12-30-2010, 02:54 AM

Why?? Cuz he won't trade Rubio for any of the dogs**t players you have?

mrblisterdundee
12-30-2010, 03:20 AM
I read the article, and it gives me no indication that the Wolves are close to making those moves. Besides, I didn't see any good players on the trading block. How can Minnesota get OJ Mayo, when its roster is such crap? Other than Beasley, Love and Rubio's rights, Minnesota has virtually no value.
That rant doesn't even include the fact that the thread creator listed Anthony Randolph as a center.

DetroitBadBoy
12-30-2010, 03:54 AM
I wonder how old Randolph is going to have to be before people stop believing in the kid. I understand he's a knick now so knicks fans have to believe in his "potential" and that's all well and good, but jeez can the rest of the league give it up already? Forget age please he's been in the league 3 years with minimal contribution. That spells failure.

Of course people will come at me with the "BUT JERMAINE O'NEAL!!" response, but he was the exception not the standard. Do you really want me to name all of the players who didn't play their first 3 years and turned out to be busts? I think Randolph is going down that road. Another player not highly regarded by any general managers, but the "golden goose" in fans eyes waiting for the right situation.

With that said, I see no future in which Minny keeps Mayo, Love, Beasley, Flynn, Rubio, Johnson and Pek, picks and all the other young players. After a certain amount of time the young players have to be "traded in" like chips for some veterans that can lead the team to the playoffs and beyond. But I will say that Kahn has done a wonderful job in putting the Wolves in a nice situation. A lot of young players and a lot of cap room, it's a GM's dream. Now he has to come through and begin to build a winner.

Yeah, I've never seen what is so great about Anthony Randolph although he is still very young and has a lot of time to improve his game. Kinda like how you had a lot of time to post on PSD 25,000 time. :speechless:

AI4MVP
12-30-2010, 04:09 AM
They can potentially be one of the top 3 teams in the NBA within 2 yrs. With this news, and now news that Rubio can told Twolves officials that hes coming next year, theyre going to bescary as ****

TWOLVESSS BABY

Ebbs
12-30-2010, 04:43 AM
Mayo! He can still be a stud him K love, Beaaley could be nice

Sixerlover
12-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I've never seen what is so great about Anthony Randolph although he is still very young and has a lot of time to improve his game. Kinda like how you had a lot of time to post on PSD 25,000 time. :speechless:

Signed up like 5? years ago. Was still in HS when I joined, so spent summer mornings and afternoons doing nothing but talking sports kind of pads the post count

I fed PSD breakfast every morning back in my prime :D

zambo4president
12-30-2010, 10:48 AM
I dunno what they would be giving up to get those guys:shrug: That would be a nice team, I think Love would play Center though and Randolph would slide to Power Forward. That team would have plenty of offense, but the defense would be pretty suspect.

raptor fan
12-30-2010, 12:24 PM
i think a deal for randolph would be more likely than a deal for mayo. i'm pretty sure telfair + a late first rounder for randolph would get a deal done. However, im not sure what type of deal memphis is expecting for mayo.

Hawkeye15
12-30-2010, 12:47 PM
as posted a couple pages back, the Mayo rumor is false. I think the Wolves are pushing for Randolph, but they won't give up more than Telfair and a pick, or possibly Ridnour. So its really up to NY if they want to accept those offers or not.

29$JerZ
12-30-2010, 01:00 PM
as posted a couple pages back, the Mayo rumor is false. I think the Wolves are pushing for Randolph, but they won't give up more than Telfair and a pick, or possibly Ridnour. So its really up to NY if they want to accept those offers or not.

Do you know which pick supposedly Minnesota would give NY for Randolph?

Telfair is an expiring PG who fits the need for Donnie since Melo is available next year and we don't want much CAP tided to a backup but he isn't the playmaker we need so I would think Ridnour or Flynn would be on NY's want list to trade Anthony.

However the pick is the real question.
I would think a likely high pick or a late lottery pick with either Flynn or Ridnour would also work.

Deal just seems to sketchy to be true.

Hawkeye15
12-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Do you know which pick supposedly Minnesota would give NY for Randolph?

Telfair is an expiring PG who fits the need for Donnie since Melo is available next year and we don't want much CAP tided to a backup but he isn't the playmaker we need so I would think Ridnour or Flynn would be on NY's want list to trade Anthony.

However the pick is the real question.
I would think a likely high pick or a late lottery pick with either Flynn or Ridnour would also work.

Deal just seems to sketchy to be true.

no clue which pick. They can't (and wouldn't anyways) give their own pick, its under restriction. Memphis's pick may never come to fruition, depending on where Memphis falls, and Utah's is the only sure bet, and they will be around 20-23.
Flynn is probably not going with a pick as well. I honestly think they are trying to move Telfair and Utah's pick.

The problem with the Knicks is they have lowered Randolph's value (with his help of course playing poorly) to rock bottom for his upside. They just won't get what they should for him since he rides bench all night.

I would be surprised if something gets done quite honestly. At the end of the day, Walsh has got to understand that Randolph is a 21 year old just now growing into his body, who actually had a good start to his career.

HakeemTheDream
12-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Have you seen how good Milicic is playing, and how bad AR is playing, and you want to start AR over Milicic????