PDA

View Full Version : Kaman involved in Baron trades

HouRealCoach
12-29-2010, 05:11 PM
The Clippers have included Chris Kaman in trade proposals involving Baron Davis, according to Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski.
Interesting. Kaman is the kind of low-post scorer that many teams covet, so the Clippers know they'll get more nibbles on Davis if Kaman is involved. A change of scenery could also be good for Kaman's fantasy owners as Blake Griffin is dominating the glass and the ball. Kaman isn't expected back from his ankle injury for another couple of weeks

Source: Yahoo! Sports

What team would take a chance on these two and do you think that itg will help anyone and put them over the hump

cargobox
12-29-2010, 05:23 PM
I guess Clippers are trying to let go of their veterans and trying to start young.
They once had Marcus Camby, Blake Griffin, Zach Randolph, and Chris Kaman all together... and could have gotten something greater out of Marcus Camby and Zach Randolph. Now they hardly have a big. Hopefully this young core leads to the same direction as the Thunder :pray:

arkanian215
12-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Put Yao in the equation?

tredigs
12-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Bledso's a turnover machine with no range at this point, I wonder if they'd be targeting another PG in the trade.

Weeks
12-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Don't know how this would work out but Kaman would definitely help the Thunder or Rockets.

Problem is the both don't need B-Diddy.

Chronz
12-29-2010, 05:41 PM
Put Yao in the equation?
Ive tried and failed to come up with a decent exchange for the Rockets. The Clips would love Yao.

hgtiger32
12-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Bledso's a turnover machine with no range at this point, I wonder if they'd be targeting another PG in the trade.

the kid is what 19, 20? Patience people. Pateince

TrueFan420
12-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Ive tried and failed to come up with a decent exchange for the Rockets. The Clips would love Yao.

what you really mean to say is la's asian population would love Yao

Gators123
12-29-2010, 05:48 PM
I want Kaman on the Pistons.

numba1CHANGsta
12-29-2010, 05:59 PM
what the Clippers need is a legitimate leader on the team, someone who is an all-star, who can lead the team and score consistently. One player that comes to mind is Melo, but idk if the Nuggets would want B-diddy, so maybe a third team can get involved, but i know the Nuggets would love to have Kaman

ElMarroAfamado
12-29-2010, 06:10 PM
id be happy getting rid of Kaman and baron for a borderline all star PG....that can run an offense without turning the ball over too much...eric bledsoe is good but he is a turnover waiting to happen he needs to slow **** down when he is out there....and he does have range....he makes the 3 (at a decent percentage) has a mid range J...and has confidence....the only thing is that he needs to keep his TO's down he gets too excited out there and makes stupid ROOKIE mistakes....

ElMarroAfamado
12-29-2010, 06:10 PM
oh and THe CLippers will never go anywhere with Kaman as a primary offensive weapon which is why i dont care if they get rid of him for nothing

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-29-2010, 06:33 PM
both suck but there are plenty of takers

topdog
12-29-2010, 06:53 PM

Might as well add some more offense-only players to the Bizarro Pistons.

richiesaurus310
12-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Clippers send Kaman to Thunder, Baron to Bobcats
Clippers get from thunder Morris Peterson, Daequan Cook
Clippers get from Bobcats Shaun Livingston, Kwame Brown, Dominic Mcguire
Bobcats get from Thunder Cole Aldrich

Clips get 10 million in cap space this year, Stephen Jackson is tradable, and the reaquire Shaun Livingston.
Thunder gain size to bang with the bigs in the west.
Bobcats gain a veteran in Baron who started his career in Charlotte, and perhaps a future center.

I think this is pretty fair, it all depends though if the bobcats find value in baron backing up D.J. Augustin.

airforceones25
12-29-2010, 07:10 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=257g3vf

make it happen! =)

PHI:
baron gets to play with brand part of the original reason why he came to LA before Brand took the money. they also receive a young promising player in Aminu to help fill the loss of Iggy.

DEN:
gets a legit scoring big man in kaman. iggy to replace the loss of melo and a young pg replacing the aging billups.

LAC:
gets melo and chauncey to bring leadership and help lead the clips to promise land!

picks and cash can be added where necessary!... DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

ddhulett
12-29-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm no Clippers fan but I love watching Griffin play, I like Kaman with hime and I dont think you would want to lose a big man they are hard to come by.

I would love to watch Melo and Griffin play together!

Derick713
12-29-2010, 07:24 PM
You would think the Rockets would want Kaman. They've got the expiring contracts to make a deal happen. I would think that only the Rockets or Bobcats could get a deal done for Kaman and Davis. I think the Clippers would want Gerald Wallace.

Tony_Starks
12-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Kaman is very tradeable with big men being at such a premium. The problem is BD. With his contract and work ethic a team would have to be taking a really depserate gamble to get him.

Oh wouldn't I love to see BD shipped out for Mo Williams. Mo would be nice alongside Gordon in that backcourt. Byron Scott would more than likely have a heart attack though....

kEviN21
12-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Jameer first rounder and Jrich? Not sure lol

JasonJohnHorn
12-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Since the Magic have already entered the trading game this season, I think it might be a great idea to try and bring in Kaman to play in the front court with Howard so that he has some help on the glass, though I'm not sure who they would offer aside from Nelson and draft picks.

The team that could use Kaman the most would be the Heat or the Thunder, both of whom need a strong rebounding presence in the post, and the post offence wouldnt hurt either. Though neither really has the pieces to offer.

And of course NY would love to get their hands on Kaman!

Its more a matter of who has the pieces to offer. An LA/LA trade with Kaman/Davis and Bynum+?

Tony_Starks
12-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Since the Magic have already entered the trading game this season, I think it might be a great idea to try and bring in Kaman to play in the front court with Howard so that he has some help on the glass, though I'm not sure who they would offer aside from Nelson and draft picks.

The team that could use Kaman the most would be the Heat or the Thunder, both of whom need a strong rebounding presence in the post, and the post offence wouldnt hurt either. Though neither really has the pieces to offer.

Its more a matter of who has the pieces to offer. An LA/LA trade with Kaman/Davis and Bynum+?

I like the idea of Kaman for Nelson. Magic desperately need a big, and Clipps desperately need a "capable" pg with a little experience. To me its a win win for both teams. Then Clippers could just try to trade BD for whatever serviceable big they could get to make up for the size they lost.

I think that would be enough for CLippers to be a playoff team next year and Orlando to be a big time contender this year.....

lkingratedr
12-29-2010, 08:59 PM
i would love to see kaman on the knicks or okc the problem is i know the knicks arent willing to take on that close to 12 mil a year contract...and with the pieces okc have im not sure how they can put together an offer that matches up contract wise

Chronz
12-30-2010, 12:57 AM

Im sure they would target backups for both but Bledsoe being a turnover machine is actually a good thing. Its an area of the game young players improve the most in year 2

Sixerlover
12-30-2010, 01:30 AM

make it happen! =)

PHI:
baron gets to play with brand part of the original reason why he came to LA before Brand took the money. they also receive a young promising player in Aminu to help fill the loss of Iggy.

DEN:
gets a legit scoring big man in kaman. iggy to replace the loss of melo and a young pg replacing the aging billups.

LAC:
gets melo and chauncey to bring leadership and help lead the clips to promise land!

lol.. I must be on punked.

Back to the topic, that's a lot of salary for one team to be taking on, and it's salaries attached to injury prone players (one on a severe decline in production) I can't see this package putting any team "over the top". Kaman would be a great addition to a team like San Antonio alone, not with Baron.

Lim
12-30-2010, 07:22 AM

lebron and dwight howard are turnover machines too. just sayin

Ty Fast
12-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Kaman is good, but Baron is crap. i heard the bobcats were talking to the clippers about baron

swoosh15
12-30-2010, 08:18 AM
I think this are the players that are available from the magic:

Maybe Jameer Nelson
Maybe Jason Richardson
Ryan Anderson
J.J. Reddick
Quentin Richardson

What combination would make sense for the clippers in exchange for Baron Davis and Chris Kaman?
I think Nelson, Jason Richardson and Ryan Anderson could be interresting...
but JRich cant be traded until Feburary i think...
Thoughts?

Aapox
12-30-2010, 09:46 AM
I HIGHLY doubt that Orlando would give up Jameer Nelson, but you never know.

JOSKOMANG4
12-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Ideas!

1. Kings & Clippers

- Clippers trade PG B.Davis to the Kings in exchanged for SG F.Garcia & 2012 2nd rd pick.

2. Kings & Magic

- Magic acquire C/PF C.Kaman & 2012 2nd rd pick from Clippers in exchanged for PF/SF R.Anderson & PG J.Nelson

Clippers lineup:

C) Jordan/Diogu/Collins
PF) Griffin/Smith/Anderson
SF) Gomes/Aminu/Butler
SG) E.Gordon/Garcia/W.Warren
PG) Nelson/Foye/Bledsoe

kylem4711
12-30-2010, 12:13 PM

good post until the bynum part

kylem4711
12-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Ideas!

1. Kings & Clippers

- Clippers trade PG B.Davis to the Kings in exchanged for SG F.Garcia & 2012 2nd rd pick.

2. Kings & Magic

- Magic acquire C/PF C.Kaman & 2012 2nd rd pick from Clippers in exchanged for PF/SF R.Anderson & PG J.Nelson

Clippers lineup:

C) Jordan/Diogu/Collins
PF) Griffin/Smith/Anderson
SF) Gomes/Aminu/Butler
SG) E.Gordon/Garcia/W.Warren
PG) Nelson/Foye/Bledsoe

thats a pretty gross team for the clips.

raptor fan
12-30-2010, 12:21 PM
a clippers/bobcats deal makes a ton of sense. the bobcats could definitely use both kaman and davis, and have the shorter contracts that would be sent back to L.A

Clippers trade: Baron Davis, Chris Kaman and Jason Collins
Clippers acquire: Nazr Mohammed, DJ Augustin, Desagana Diop and Matt Carroll

The clippers shed a TON of salary, and the bobcats instantly get better

Bobcats lineup after deal:

PG: Davis/Livingston
SG: Jackson/Henderson
SF: Wallace/Thomas
PF: Diaw
C: Kaman

Clippers lineup after deal

PG: Bledsoe/Augustin
SG: Gordon/Butler
SF: Aminu/Gomes
PF: Griffin
C: Mohammed/Jordan

kylem4711
12-30-2010, 12:21 PM
how about a trade around nash? baron and kaman for nash and whatever else to make it work

kylem4711
12-30-2010, 12:26 PM
a clippers/bobcats deal makes a ton of sense. the bobcats could definitely use both kaman and davis, and have the shorter contracts that would be sent back to L.A

SG: Gordon/Butler/ Carroll

I would love to do this trade.

the lineup would look more like this though,

PG: Augustin/Bledsoe/Warren
PF: Griffin/ Diogu/ Cook/ Rhino
C: Jordan/Mohammed/Diop

It saves a lot of money. Money that we will need to throw at gordon and griffin

LanceUpperCut
12-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Kaman would be nice on the Raptors move Bargs to PF but Baron not so much.

yshNYK
12-30-2010, 12:39 PM
i don't think the money would work out but the knicks need a backup pg and a backup center

pistonsfanomg
12-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Off Topic

Imagine if Lebron signed with the Clippers smh nasty with Kaman, Davis, Griffin and Gordon

smh I've been on the Lebron James to the Clippers bandwagon for 2 years but it didn't happen.

The Final Boss
12-30-2010, 12:43 PM
The Clippers need to hang Baron out of a balcony by his ankles to get out of that contract in the same fashion Suge Knight did Vanilla Ice.

markbutter
12-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Combining Kaman with BD is probably the only way the Clips get rid of BD. However, if the Clips throw in their first rounder this year, they might be able to entice someone to take BD. The last thing the Clips need is a another young player. Gordon, Griffin, Bledsoe, Aminu and D. Jordan are all 23 or younger. What they need is some veteran leadership. This trade will work:

Kaman to the Pistons

BD to Charlotte

Wilcox/Prince/SJax/Livingston to the Clips.

Wilcox and Prince are expiring, so the Clips pick up ~14M in cap relief. They get a PG in Livingston and some vet leadership in SJax and Prince if they choose to resign him next year (he's from LA area). And Wilcox helps make up the loss of size.

BD gets a change of scenery but he's famililar with the Charlotte area. lays for Silas who looks like he wants to institute an up tempo system.

Pistons pick up some size.

You can also add G. Wallace to the Pistons and Rip to Charlotte and the trade still works.

Charlotte
BDiddy
Rip
Diop
T. Thomas
Diaw (SF)

Pistons

Kaman
Monroe
Wallace (SF)
Stuck
BG

Clips

D. Jordan
Griffin
Prince
Gordon
Livingston

This trade makes everyone better, the Bobcats, whether they realize it or not, need some stability since the blew threw 25 players and 7 trades since LB's arrival in 2008. The last thing they need is to get a new head coah next season with another round of player roulette.

The clips get veteran leadership in Tay and SJax. Tay can come off the bench behind Jax at the three or Gordon has looked more than capable at the PG.

Pistons pick up size and athlete in Wallace.

knicks4life33
12-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Ii dont remember kaman ever sucking he is a double double guy whose a big solid center you dont find these days.

MSU4life
12-30-2010, 01:02 PM
if a team is gonna take on the injury prone players 3/4 the way through their prime. im assuming the clipps are gonna have to send their pick too

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Ii dont remember kaman ever sucking he is a double double guy whose a big solid center you dont find these days.

he's very inefficient player, good numbers(actually in one season only) in a bad team, and he has a long injury history

Stuckey#3
12-30-2010, 01:46 PM

I agree. I would be willing to take Davis and Kaman for a Rip, Tay and Stuckey deal. Or possibly work out a three way trade where we get Kaman and another team gets Davis... we would probably have to give up our pick though in that scenario.

TheGreenMonster
12-30-2010, 02:01 PM
How about the Nets? Melo wants more talent around him, maybe Boom and Kaman can be the deal sealers?

Chronz
12-30-2010, 05:26 PM

Clips cant take back 2 awful contracts (Diop-Whiteguy), make one of them Diaw and its a done deal

Chronz
12-30-2010, 05:27 PM
I would love to do this trade.

the lineup would look more like this though,

PG: Augustin/Bledsoe/Warren
PF: Griffin/ Diogu/ Cook/ Rhino
C: Jordan/Mohammed/Diop

It saves a lot of money. Money that we will need to throw at gordon and griffin
This looks like a better deal but they need the Cap space to surround Gordon and Blake with talent before that window closes. Diop kind of ****s with that

cargobox
12-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Kaman for Gerald Wallace, Baron Davis for Mo Williams. Do IT!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Kaman for Gerald Wallace, Baron Davis for Mo Williams. Do IT!

pipe dream bro

FadeAwayLikeMJ
12-30-2010, 07:15 PM

make it happen! =)

PHI:

DEN:

LAC:

keep dreaming ;)

jkcronyn
12-30-2010, 07:33 PM
go read the pistons forum. there isn't a single topic that doesnt have kaman mentioned somewhere. if he is on the pistons i'll kill myself. i just htink he's a nice piece to a championship caliber team but doesnt do JACK for anyone down in the dregs of the lottery. honestly seeing him on orlando wouldn't be bad. they're in do or die mode. baron, kaman and aminu for reddick, nelson and others? truthfully i never consider money and stuff haha so sorry if this is the dumbest thing oyu guys have read in a while

Baller1
12-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Kaman better not end up in OKC.

JRisdabest
12-30-2010, 07:55 PM
kman for g wllace

BkOriginalOne
12-30-2010, 08:01 PM
Maybe Charlotte would take it, but it would have to include bayless.
The clippers need a PG who can shoot the 3 and run and offense, those aren't many of those in the NBA.

Chateamsfan
12-30-2010, 08:11 PM
To those suggesting Baron Davis to Charlotte, do you honestly think Baron Davis can handle the new run and gun offense in Charlotte?

ChiSox219
12-30-2010, 08:17 PM
I can't think of many teams that would take Baron Davis for free

Kaman isn't bad as a backup center. Bad contract but expires after next season. Not a good defender and not particularly efficient, but how many backup C's are?

BTW, Deandre Jordan is an athletic freak. If they can coach him up, he and Blake Griffin will make a great pairing.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-30-2010, 08:35 PM
To those suggesting Baron Davis to Charlotte, do you honestly think Baron Davis can handle the new run and gun offense if Charlotte?

Yeah, why take Baron when Augustin is playing really well especially in the last couple of games.

kblo247
12-30-2010, 09:07 PM
To those suggesting Baron Davis to Charlotte, do you honestly think Baron Davis can handle the new run and gun offense in Charlotte?

B. Diddy and the Monster Mash made their names under Silas, so I know he could handle the system.

Chateamsfan
12-30-2010, 09:33 PM
B. Diddy and the Monster Mash made their names under Silas, so I know he could handle the system.

True but with the knee problems and other injuries I'm not really so sure.

kozelkid
12-30-2010, 10:37 PM

Why in God's name would Morey take those 2 craptastic contracts?
And knowing the Clipper's luck, Yao will never be healthy for them.

dodie53
12-30-2010, 11:02 PM
trade nash to the clips.
:)

Rafer17
12-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Bobcats.