PDA

View Full Version : All Washed-Up Team

Cavs_Fan24
12-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Hearing about Steve Francis being cut from his now former china team inspired me to make this thread. A team of guys that should hang up the sneaks and call it quits.

PG-Allen Iverson
SG-Steve Francis
SF-Tracy McGrady
PF-Jermaine O'Neal
C-Yao Ming

What would your washed-up team be?

dnewguy
12-29-2010, 02:39 PM
pg: Steve Francis
Sg: Kobe Bryant
SF: Vince Carter
PF: Jermaine Oneal
c: Shaq

Bench: Antoine Walker, Tracy Mcgrady, Allen Iverson, Rasheed Wallace and Ben Wallace.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-29-2010, 02:42 PM

Bench: Antoine Walker, Tracy Mcgrady, Allen Iverson, Rasheed Wallace and Ben Wallace.

hmmm....funny:laugh2:

SteBO
12-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Allen Iverson
Vince Carter
Tracy McGrady
Jermaine O'neal
Shaq

Bench

Steve Francis
Yao
Antoine Walker
Ben Wallace

avrpatsfan
12-29-2010, 02:57 PM

Yeah because 25.3 PPG is washed up. Also Shaq has been very good for the Celtics this year too. JO has also been pretty good too in his limited time.

lkingratedr
12-29-2010, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=Cavs_Fan24;16102961]Hearing about Steve Francis being cut from his now former china team inspired me to make this thread. A team of guys that should hang up the sneaks and call it quits.

PG-Allen Iverson
SG-Steve Francis
SF-Tracy McGrady
PF-Jermaine O'Neal
C-Yao Ming

id replace yao with greg oden ...

MSG34
12-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Starbury, Shaq

koLohe2133
12-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Yea iverson is washed up....same class as Kobe and older than him....only 5'10 And has the heart to go at anyone.. just kuz his physical skills declined with he has his substance abuse problem this thread and all others like it are a disgrace.

He is one of the best scorers of all time and does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as steve Francis or Antoine walker

Fail.

SteBO
12-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah because 25.3 PPG is washed up. Also Shaq has been very good for the Celtics this year too. JO has also been pretty good too in his limited time.

Shaq's been okay, bt JO sucks now bro.

Korman12
12-29-2010, 03:04 PM
PG - Marbury
SG - Iverson
SF - Walker
PF - Juwan Howard
C - Chamberlain's skeleton

tdunk21
12-29-2010, 03:04 PM

:facepalm:

awmathewsjr
12-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Yea iverson is washed up....same class as Kobe and older than him....only 5'10 And has the heart to go at anyone.. just kuz his physical skills declined with he has his substance abuse problem this thread and all others like it are a disgrace.

He is one of the best scorers of all time and does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as steve Francis or Antoine walker

Fail.

The thread isn't about historical achievments. It's about NOW, and AI is washed up

NYKnickFanatic
12-29-2010, 03:13 PM
You guys would consider guys with injuries as washed up? Cuz I wouldnt.

NYKnicks4511
12-29-2010, 03:16 PM

I don't even have anything to say about this. I hope you're not serious but from what I gather I think you might be :confused:

YankeeClipper5
12-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Sg: Kobe BryantSF: Vince Carter

:facepalm: WOW. really?

Sly Guy
12-29-2010, 03:30 PM
don't know what's worse, to be on the all washed up team, or the bench of the all washed up team.

SteBO
12-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Sg: Kobe BryantSF: Vince Carter

No wonder my fanbase is hated on PSD. :facepalm: Posts like this just make us look bad :pity:

koLohe2133
12-29-2010, 04:27 PM
The thread isn't about historical achievments. It's about NOW, and AI is washed up

Legends are never washed up

redsox0717
12-29-2010, 04:33 PM
PG-Jermaine O'Neal
SG-Jermaine O'Neal
SF-Jermaine O'Neal
PF-Jermaine O'Neal
C-Jermaine O'Neal

YankeeClipper5
12-29-2010, 04:35 PM
PG-Jermaine O'Neal
SG-Jermaine O'Neal
SF-Jermaine O'Neal
PF-Jermaine O'Neal
C-Jermaine O'Neal

Just out of curiosity, who do you have as your 6th man?

heattiltheend94
12-29-2010, 04:40 PM
I bet you someone will put the Miami heat lineup

pg=AI
sg=Francis
sf=Walker
pf= Juwan Howard
c=Shaq

heattiltheend94
12-29-2010, 04:41 PM
No wonder my fanbase is hated on PSD. :facepalm: Posts like this just make us look bad :pity:

agreed:mad:

shep33
12-29-2010, 04:45 PM

25, 5 and 5 in 33mpg?

koLohe2133
12-29-2010, 04:56 PM
25, 5 and 5 in 33mpg?

Haters gonna hate

SteBO
12-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Haters gonna hate

Welcome to the club :pity:

tbone2171
12-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Haters gonna hate

Missing 13 consecutive shots and a total of 19 in a game is not exactly lighting it up.

SteBO
12-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Missing 13 consecutive shots and a total of 19 in a game is not exactly lighting it up.

It's one game :shrug:

YankeeClipper5
12-29-2010, 05:07 PM

Because of one bad game? Duncan finished 1-8 with 2 pts that's not lighting it up either, is he washed up too?

SteveNash
12-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Because of one bad game? Duncan finished 1-8 with 2 pts that's not lighting it up either, is he washed up too?

Yes.

LakersMaster24
12-29-2010, 05:20 PM

And the next facepalm award goes to.........dnewguy :facepalm:
Man, just dont post if your gonna hate. You make your whole fanbase embarassed, they are embarassed to be Heat fans because of people like you.

dnewguy
12-29-2010, 05:25 PM
And the next facepalm award goes to.........dnewguy :facepalm:
Man, just dont post if your gonna hate. You make your whole fanbase embarassed, they are embarassed to be Heat fans because of people like you.

I am just saying what everyone else already know.....Kobe needs atleast 25 shots to be effective in any game.......if you give Antoine Walker the same freedom the Lakers give Kobe, he'll average 27, 6, 6.....but the team will also suffer. I dont understand how a team always have the most efficient big man in Shaq and Gasol but some petty SG always taking all the shots. With or without Kobe, the Lakers would have won all the championships they had.

Minimal
12-29-2010, 05:30 PM
I am just saying what everyone else already know.....Kobe needs atleast 25 shots to be effective in any game.......if you give Antoine Walker the same freedom the Lakers give Kobe, he'll average 27, 6, 6.....but the team will also suffer. I dont understand how a team always have the most efficient big man in Shaq and Gasol but some petty SG always taking all the shots. With or without Kobe, the Lakers would have won all the championships they had.
Man u are just a hater who makes stupid comments.
I'm embarased we have such "fans".

YankeeClipper5
12-29-2010, 05:34 PM

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

dnewguy
12-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Man u are just a hater who makes stupid comments.
I'm embarased we have such "fans".

Well, I won't trade Mr Bryant for a pack of skittles. He's Allen Iverson 2.0 IMHO. I am not hating on the guy.

Iron24th
12-29-2010, 05:41 PM
It's one game :shrug:

Thanks,there is still people like you here,don't worry,you represent in a good way your fanbase,you have knowledge of b-ball.

Iron24th
12-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Well, I won't trade Mr Bryant for a pack of skittles. He's Allen Iverson 2.0 IMHO. I am not hating on the guy.

It's embarrassing for you now.

mdm692
12-29-2010, 05:50 PM
How about anybody that played in the steve nash phoenix suns and then moved on to play somewhere else(not named amare stoudemire, or jrich)

Rentzias
12-29-2010, 05:51 PM
You guys would consider guys with injuries as washed up? Cuz I wouldnt.

Agree, take Yao of that top list.

PG-Jermaine O'Neal
SG-Jermaine O'Neal
SF-Jermaine O'Neal
PF-Jermaine O'Neal
C-Jermaine O'Neal

Because he spit hot fire.

Teeboy1487
12-29-2010, 05:53 PM

:facepalm:

drobe86
12-29-2010, 06:04 PM
AI/Marbury
Kobe/VC
TMAC
Gasol(2010)
Shaq

Add Yao, Oden, Redd to that mix as well...

SteBO
12-29-2010, 06:11 PM
AI/Marbury
Kobe/VC
TMAC
Gasol(2010)
Shaq

You too? I thought heat fans had it bad. I've never encountered so many Lakers haters. Pau Gasol, the most skilled big man in the NBA, is washed up now. WOW! Now i've seen it all today!

Iron24th
12-29-2010, 06:13 PM
AI/Marbury
Kobe/VC
TMAC
Gasol(2010)
Shaq

Kobe and Gasol loool,you must be just a ******** Lakers hater.

John Walls Era
12-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Is Yao even washed up? Being injured is different.

Bruno
12-29-2010, 06:20 PM

The funny thing about this post is that Bryant has been playing in the NBA for just as long or longer than every single player you named other than Shaq and Rasheed (who isn't washed up, he's retired). Yet he's still elite. Longevity matters.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Yes.

seriously you need to STFU

half of the PSD users have quoted you on their sigs:facepalm:

Bruno
12-29-2010, 06:42 PM

I don't even know where I should start to rip this post apart.

Comparing Kobe and Antione Walker exposes you as two things, either too young to know what you're talking about, or too biased to make an honest comparison. I doubt you're any older than 20. Have you ever heard of TS%. How about points per FGA? Do you know anything about advanced statistics, at all? Walker has a career TS% of .48. Bryants is of corse infinitely better, posting a career .56 TS%. Career points per FG attempt average? Walker, 1.06, Bryant, 1.31. Again, not close.

You say, "how can the Lakers always have the most efficient big man" yet allow a "petty shooting guard" to take all the shots? Do you even know what the word efficient means? Shaq has missed over 5,000 FT's in his career. Shaq and Gasol both have a career TS% of .58. That's .02 higher than Bryants.

To say any of the Laker championship teams would have been championship teams without Kobe is laughable, and exposes you as poster.

That "petty shooting guard" led the 2001 Lakers in win-shares. You know, the 2001 team that went 15-1 in the playoffs? Never happened before or since. Bryant led that team in Win-shares. Who are the three players in league history to score 40 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists in a NBA finals game? West, Jordan, Bryant. Who has been a key member on a team that has gone to seven of the past 11 NBA finals?

This post shows you have either a gross misunderstanding of basketball and statistics, or that you're just a blinded Kobe Bryant hater. Even if all your dreams come true, and the Lakers never win again with Bryant, he is still a five time champion, final and regular season MVP. It will take half a decade of consistent winning for your Heat darlings to match what he has been able to accomplish with the Lakers.

EDIT: Also, you said that it takes Kobe Bryant 25 shots to be effective? Bryant averages 19.3 FGAs per game for his career. Not to mention that the Lakers are 14-2 when Bryant shoots less than 20 shots a game this season. Again, you're blatantly incorrect.

Weeks
12-29-2010, 06:51 PM
PG: Allen Iverson
SG: Vince Carter
SF: Tracy McGrady
PF: Jermaine O'Neal
C: Yao Ming
6. Steve Franchise
7. Antoine Walker

kjoke
12-29-2010, 06:56 PM
kobe
kobe
kobe
kobe
kobe

6thman kobe

i am not a hater :rolleyes:

Bruno
12-29-2010, 07:00 PM
You would think that people who invest enough time to acquire thousands of posts on an online forum would actually be interested in being respected by their fellow posters.

SteBO
12-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Unfortunately, their are a lot of posters that allow their silly bias to get in the way of logic.

CountSackula
12-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Kobe?

Trolls be trollin'

RZZZA
12-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Shaq is in the twilight of his career but not washed up. He just needs to lose weight

and I'll say the same thing for Kurt Thomas

FinsSuperBowl
12-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Marbury
Iverson
McGrady
J O'neal
Jamaal Magloire

All of them were all-stars in the past

2nd team:
Baron Davis
Richard Hamilton
Shawn Marion
Antonio Mcdyess
Yao Ming

97NYer
12-29-2010, 07:18 PM
PG:Marbury/Tinsley
SG:McGrady/Iverson
SF:Walker
PF:J Howard
C:Shaq/JO

HT9Canada
12-29-2010, 07:22 PM

don't worry man, when lebron, wade and bosh are traded/retired/or leave for another team so will all the bandwagon fans

Korman12
12-29-2010, 07:26 PM
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

If you were worried that no one got the reference, I got you covered.

Bruno
12-29-2010, 07:33 PM

As did I. :cheers::cheers:

D Roses Bulls
12-29-2010, 07:34 PM

wow

Jemikz9Clutch
12-29-2010, 07:36 PM

you're a disgrace man. this is why long time heat fans like me, who just happened to join this july 2010, getting smacked by other psd members and callng me a bandwagon. you're just such a hater, too biased and the worst thing that happened to the heat fanbase.

next time dont ask us co-heat fan if you're too biased like you did last time. you should know better.

Bulls_fan90
12-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Fisher
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Gasol

U mad?

AntiG
12-29-2010, 08:00 PM
people that are naming Shaq as washed up really need to start paying attention. He might not be that "ultimate force in the NBA" anymore, but he's certainly still a really good player and one of the better starting centers in the league.

Being old doesn't automatically equal being washed up.

godolphins
12-29-2010, 08:35 PM
A.I, Vince Carter, Antoine Walker, Jermaine O'neal and Shaq.

YankeeClipper5
12-30-2010, 10:20 AM

As did I. :cheers::cheers:

lol After reading some peoples comments in this thread, that is the first thing that came to mind.

sagemania
12-30-2010, 10:47 AM
lol@tmac being washedup. Dude is balling in the last few weeks that he is finally getting healthy.

YankeeClipper5
12-30-2010, 12:33 PM
seriously you need to STFU

half of the PSD users have quoted you on their sigs:facepalm:

I'm glad someone else sees it as i do.

BoognishMN
12-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Point #1: Almost every poster included guys no longer in the league (Antoine, Starbary, AI, Steve Francis)

Point #2: Everyone got the reference, I hope

Point #3: Kobe Bryant is should not be included on this list

MikeD FSQNY
12-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Kobe bryant i hate but he aint washed up hahahaha

A team of:

Iverson
Vince Carter
McGrady
Jermaine O'neil
Shaq

would be the 8th seed in the eastern conference, this team is better then the Bucks

HOZ THE KNICK
12-30-2010, 01:10 PM

boy this is a bait waiting to happen if i ever seen one, but i know you was being sarcasm :)

kntresistheheat
12-30-2010, 01:14 PM
I don't even have anything to say about this. I hope you're not serious but from what I gather I think you might be :confused:

I agree, I dont know what the heck he is smoking:confused:kobe is clearly not washed up. He has at least 4 years left before he is washed up.

Cool sig, to bad you lost:facepalm:0-2

knicks4life33
12-30-2010, 01:33 PM
ok for you to put kobe bryant on the all washed up team you know nothing about basketball and lets use current players in the league

SteBO
12-30-2010, 01:37 PM
boy this is a bait waiting to happen if i ever seen one, but i know you was being sarcasm :)

+1 I'm ashamed to see that a fellow heat fan started this controversy. I thought we would know better. :facepalm: :pity:

Bosh=nextKG
12-30-2010, 01:57 PM
PG: Baron Davis
SF: Peja Stojakovic
PF: Antawn Jamison
C: Erik Dampier

knicks4life33
12-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Eric dampier and big z are pretty washed up! ILL AGREE WITH URE LIST ABOVE

netsgiantsyanks
12-30-2010, 02:07 PM
pg stephon marbury
sg tracy mcgrady
sf vince carter
pf jermaine o'neal
c shaquille o'neal

6th man: juwan howard

tbone2171
12-30-2010, 02:21 PM
U Lakers fans are unbelievable...You have to be running out of saliva by now from all the ***licking you do to Kobe. The guy deserves all the hate he receives.

p.s. obviously Kobe isn't washed up, but you guys need to simmer down and quit defending Kobe every time someone says something negative about the guy.

Sly Guy
12-30-2010, 02:40 PM
PG: Baron Davis
SF: Peja Stojakovic
PF: Antawn Jamison
C: Erik Dampier

I wouldn't call peja washed up. he's played more than well for us when we had him in. He's on the IR because the raps are simply not interested in winning games this season.

kntresistheheat
12-30-2010, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't call peja washed up. he's played more than well for us when we had him in. He's on the IR because the raps are simply not interested in winning games this season.

WTF:confused:

Eg714
12-30-2010, 02:51 PM
It's funny how people list lakers but if they had a chance they would have them on their team. when the heat made an offer to d fish Heat fans were all excited even though everyone knew he would be a laker

SteBO
12-30-2010, 02:53 PM
It's funny how people list lakers but if they had a chance they would have them on their team. when the heat made an offer to d fish Heat fans were all excited even though everyone knew he would be a laker

If only :sigh:

dnewguy
12-30-2010, 03:40 PM

:puke:

BlondeBomber41
12-30-2010, 04:29 PM
All you people who are getting all upset over the guy saying Kobe are just giving him exactly what he wants.... thats why it's called baiting. He baited you all in.

Just ignore stupid comments like that. Its that simple.

SteBO
12-30-2010, 04:43 PM
All you people who are getting all upset over the guy saying Kobe are just giving him exactly what he wants.... thats why it's called baiting. He baited you all in.

Just ignore stupid comments like that. Its that simple.

Easier said than done on this forum

jtsunami
12-30-2010, 05:38 PM
No offense to Heat fans, but there's quite a bit on your team or used to be on your team.

Juwan Howard
Jerry Stackhouse
Antoine Walker
Quentin Richardson
Michael Redd
Jason Williams
Marbury
AI
T-Mac
VC
Jermaine O'Neal
Anthony Carter
Rip
Peja Stojakovich
Elton Brand

Bruno
12-30-2010, 06:30 PM
U Lakers fans are unbelievable...You have to be running out of saliva by now from all the ***licking you do to Kobe. The guy deserves all the hate he receives.

p.s. obviously Kobe isn't washed up, but you guys need to simmer down and quit defending Kobe every time someone says something negative about the guy.

There's a difference between somebody saying something negative about a player, and somebody saying something blatantly substance-less, factually incorrect, or logically unsound about a given player.

Why does he deserve all the hate he receives?

awmathewsjr
12-31-2010, 01:20 PM
Legends are never washed up

Yeah Ok. Olajuwon wasn't washed up in Toronto, Barkley wasn't washed up in Houston and Brett Favre isn't washed now. :facepalm: YOURSELF!!!