PDA

View Full Version : Current Players that your Team should have Kept Around?

CityofChaos
12-29-2010, 07:27 AM
For example Gerald Wallace was on the Kings for 3 years but rarely played...he eventually became an Allstar for the Bobcats

-GS drafted Gilbert Arenas who became an Allstar for the Wizards...he left the Warriors on a coin flip.

-Carlos Boozer, who eventually became an Allstar, was drafted by the Cavs but was allowed to become a restricted FA. What if Lebron and Boozer played with each other a little longer?

-Lakers traded Caron Butler (drafted by Miami) for Kwame Brown and Laron Profit...he became an Allstar for the Wizards

The list goes on Im sure....but Id like to hear from you (I cant think of them all by myself lol).

Lim
12-29-2010, 07:32 AM
portland should have kept jermaine oneal

asandhu23
12-29-2010, 07:39 AM
Jason Richardson

PHX2daDEATH
12-29-2010, 07:54 AM
drafted iggy and kept him, Rondo, joe johnson, eddie house, rudy f, lou amundson, j-rich and that amare stoudemire guy

B.JenningsMVP
12-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Slava- This guy was a star in the making. He could have been a Pau Gasol type player. He was fear less. Imagine Kobe x Slava x Shaq... NOW THATS A BIG 3.

Laron Profit- The guy was a 2nd coming of T-Mac. He and Kobe looked alike when on the court and i was always confused on which one was which. KB x LP COULD HAVE BEEN > MJ x SP.

Sun Yue- The next Magic. HOW DID WE LET HIM GO. We could have used him now and prolly would've been starting. IMO woulda ended up in the HOF if stayed w/ LA.

Brian Cook- ARE U KIDDING ME. Shooting big man can spread the floor, big body on D. Great assest. coulda been All-Star.

Coby Karl- His name is Coby (Kobe). nuff said.

Smush- Russel Westbrook/S.Francis type player. Never tapped true potential. High flyer. IMO shoulda been in Dunk Contest.. Easily most athletic PG and best Dunker.. would out duel VC in Dunk Contest. Embarrassed opposing PG all the time w/ playground moves. He was I.Thomas/R.westbrook/C.Paul put together. Think Derrick Rose, what he will be x10.. that is Smush.. and he was so good in the 2007 Playoffs vs Suns, Phil benched him cuz he felt bad for Phx, if he played most the time in the series, LA would've beat them down every game and won the series 2-0. yes.. they'd beat them down so bad Phx would quit and the NBA would save them the embarrassment.

geraptor
12-29-2010, 09:15 AM
roy hibbert

THE WALL
12-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Pistons: Mehmet Okur, Arron Afflalo (great defense), Chase Budinger

THE WALL
12-29-2010, 09:20 AM
roy hibbert

GŁnter Netzer :laugh2::laugh2:

DUraNtCAN
12-29-2010, 09:28 AM
For the Spurs
Stephen Jackson - He was money then and went on to play big time for Atlanta before going crazy in Indy. Spurs would probably have at least one more championship if they had kept him. He always hit big shots and he would've been an asset against the Lakers when they lost in the .4 series.

Luis Scola - Spurs gave him away for nothing. They traded him to a guy who then retired and moved to Greece. Simply a cost cutting move. Pop says his stomach turns every time he watches Scola light it up for the Rockets.

geraptor
12-29-2010, 09:33 AM
gŁnter netzer :laugh2::laugh2:

:p

Htownballa1622
12-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Richard jefferson and rudy gay

S-Dot
12-29-2010, 09:51 AM
I like the Knicks but I'm from the Washington, DC area and I've seen who teh Bullets/Wizards have let go.

Rip Hamilton
Chris Webber
Rasheed Wallace
Ben Wallace
Caron Butler
Larry Hughes (who played like an all-star in 2005 with the Wizards)

Sixerlover
12-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Not on the level of any of those players, but Korver's shooting would have been perfect to place at the 2 for the Sixers.

Mikey Roxx
12-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Amar'e and Joe Johnson. I also want to say Jason Kidd, but it's very unlikely we would've gotten Nash if we decided to keep him.

haggis
12-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Kirk Hinrich, if his salary was less, I would love to have him back on the Bulls. We're lacking that legit 2 guard, and his mix of quality D and ability to knock down the open shot would be fantastic to have back.

hype707
12-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Ike deigu

sep11ie
12-29-2010, 01:18 PM
I think the Suns take the cake here. At one point or another I'm pretty sure they drafted every current player in the league.

NJBASEBALL22
12-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Amar'e and Joe Johnson. I also want to say Jason Kidd, but it's very unlikely we would've gotten Nash if we decided to keep him.

I get what you are saying about Kidd and not getting Nash if you keep Kidd but I would've kept Kidd. Yes, Steve Nash was a 2x mvp but he only deserved one of those and he played no defense. Kidd was a great, great defender in his prime, he might've been the best defensive pg in the game during his prime. Kidd wouldn't have averaged 17 and 13 like Nash and Kidd wouldn't have shot as good as Nash but with his defense, I think that would've been more beneficial to the Suns because he didn't need to shot to effect the game. Nash shot because he can (and I don't hold that against him because he is a great shooter) and ran the offense but with the weapons the Suns had (Joe Johnson, Marion, A'mare, and Raja Bell I think), I don't think the offense would've slipped with Kidd running it and his lack of shooting ability because he could still get to the rack.

Chicagofaithful
12-29-2010, 01:26 PM
THe Bulls

Ron Artest
Jamal Crawford
JR Smith

llemon
12-29-2010, 01:39 PM
For the Spurs
Stephen Jackson - He was money then and went on to play big time for Atlanta before going crazy in Indy. Spurs would probably have at least one more championship if they had kept him. He always hit big shots and he would've been an asset against the Lakers when they lost in the .4 series.

Cap'n Jack didn't fit into Pop's system.

Spurs have done pretty well without him.

llemon
12-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Not on the level of any of those players, but Korver's shooting would have been perfect to place at the 2 for the Sixers.

Nets should have never sold Korver to the Sixers.

And I'd bet Bucks wish they would have kept Nowitzki.

XskwizitMC
12-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Kirk Heinrich, John Salmons

JerseysFinest
12-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Nets could've drafted Danny Granger, but chose Antoine Wright. Could've drafted Rajon Rondo or Paul Millsap as well

Shkelqim
12-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Chauncey Billups

ManRam
12-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Ben wallace would have been nice to keep around. Chauncey too. Shaq was hopeless...

Hedo is back, couldn't be happier

ManRam
12-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Ben wallace would have been nice to keep around. Chauncey too. Shaq was hopeless...

llemon
12-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Nets could've drafted Danny Granger, but chose Antoine Wright. Could've drafted Rajon Rondo or Paul Millsap as well

Boston drafted Rondo before Nets made their draft selections of Marcus Williams and Josh Boone.

JerseysFinest
12-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Boston drafted Rondo before Nets made their draft selections of Marcus Williams and Josh Boone.

oh my bad, then Granger and Millsap. good looks

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Slava- This guy was a star in the making. He could have been a Pau Gasol type player. He was fear less. Imagine Kobe x Slava x Shaq... NOW THATS A BIG 3.

Laron Profit- The guy was a 2nd coming of T-Mac. He and Kobe looked alike when on the court and i was always confused on which one was which. KB x LP COULD HAVE BEEN > MJ x SP.

Sun Yue- The next Magic. HOW DID WE LET HIM GO. We could have used him now and prolly would've been starting. IMO woulda ended up in the HOF if stayed w/ LA.

Brian Cook- ARE U KIDDING ME. Shooting big man can spread the floor, big body on D. Great assest. coulda been All-Star.

Coby Karl- His name is Coby (Kobe). nuff said.

Smush- Russel Westbrook/S.Francis type player. Never tapped true potential. High flyer. IMO shoulda been in Dunk Contest.. Easily most athletic PG and best Dunker.. would out duel VC in Dunk Contest. Embarrassed opposing PG all the time w/ playground moves. He was I.Thomas/R.westbrook/C.Paul put together. Think Derrick Rose, what he will be x10.. that is Smush.. and he was so good in the 2007 Playoffs vs Suns, Phil benched him cuz he felt bad for Phx, if he played most the time in the series, LA would've beat them down every game and won the series 2-0. yes.. they'd beat them down so bad Phx would quit and the NBA would save them the embarrassment.

this made my day, especially the bolded part

lkingratedr
12-29-2010, 02:52 PM
as a fan of the new york knicks my list is long but the main person i wish we had right now is david lee we basically signed and traded him for turiaf cause out that trade... hes the only one seeing playing time ... i would have loved david lee and amare together

nate robinson comes to mind
zach randolph
jamal crawford
trevor ariza
the pick that eventually became lamarcus aldridge
the pick that eventually became joakim noah
smh damn thats a starting 5 plus a bench lol

Rivera
12-29-2010, 02:57 PM

couldnt agree with this more

i would also add even though he never played 1 game with orlando i would have loved to keep andy varejao for this magic team hed be a perfect fit for a backup big here

LTBaByyy
12-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Nick Van Exel!!!! Lol seriously he was so good in Dallas people wanted him starting over Nash

And Brandon Bass

SpectrumDweller
12-29-2010, 03:09 PM
I wish the Sixers had kept Thabo Sefolosha, Reggie Evans, Andre Miller, and Kyle Korver. The first two would make our team completely different on defense. While I love Jrue Holiday, Andre Miller made us a winner on the floor. Kyle Korver isn't a great player, but his consistent shooting is missed on this team. He has also become a more well rounded player since he left here.

I will admit that I almost put Samuel Dalembert on this list. Spencer Hawes makes Sammy look like Bill Russell. I'm 5'5'' and I think I could snag rebounds over Spencer Hawes.

I also wouldn't mind having Raja Bell and John Salmons back even though we are loaded with swing players.

210Don
12-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Nick Van Exel!!!! Lol seriously he was so good in Dallas people wanted him starting over Nash

And Brandon Bass

he was still working for the mavs even when he was with the spurs.:facepalm:
cost us a championship

rocketman0621
12-29-2010, 03:37 PM
if either monta or steph curry gets traded, they'll come back to haunt the warriors worse than arenas & j-rich. hope it doesnt happen...GS are u listenin??

llemon
12-29-2010, 03:49 PM
if either monta or steph curry gets traded, they'll come back to haunt the warriors worse than arenas & j-rich. hope it doesnt happen...GS are u listenin??

Yeah, I'm sure Warriors are sad about losing Arenas.

SANDBURG23
12-29-2010, 04:01 PM
For example Gerald Wallace was on the Kings for 3 years but rarely played...he eventually became an Allstar for the Bobcats

-GS drafted Gilbert Arenas who became an Allstar for the Wizards...he left the Warriors on a coin flip.

-Carlos Boozer, who eventually became an Allstar, was drafted by the Cavs but was allowed to become a restricted FA. What if Lebron and Boozer played with each other a little longer?

-Lakers traded Caron Butler (drafted by Miami) for Kwame Brown and Laron Profit...he became an Allstar for the Wizards

The list goes on Im sure....but Id like to hear from you (I cant think of them all by myself lol).

Boozer screwed the Cavs they cut him so he could sign a contract longer and for more money. He was stuck to second round money other wise, and he way out preformed that, he told the Cavs he would sign a long term deal with them if they did it. He bolted for the Jazz.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
12-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Antoine Walker

sike

MSU4life
12-29-2010, 04:16 PM
hornets drafted kobe bryant and then traded him to the lakers

210Don
12-29-2010, 04:17 PM
yall think new orleans would have a championship wit? kobe if shaq didnt team up with him there

The_Mac22
12-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Chris Webber and Jason Richardson :shrug:

CostanzaNumba0
12-29-2010, 04:24 PM
trevor ariza comes to mind as a knick fan, although for the past decade we really haven't developed or traded away any substantial talent..the times are a changin tho!!

dtmagnet
12-29-2010, 04:34 PM
hornets drafted kobe bryant and then traded him to the lakers

Because Kobe was going to refuse to sign with them.

OneTuzSea
12-29-2010, 04:35 PM
I would've liked the Magic to keep Trevor Ariza, and I would have said Hedo before a couple weeks ago.

I do also with they could've have kept Shaq for longer than they did (not still have him of course).

aussie
12-29-2010, 07:34 PM
JR Smith
DC2

much needed 6th man and backup point

blastmasta26
12-29-2010, 07:54 PM
as a fan of the new york knicks my list is long but the main person i wish we had right now is david lee we basically signed and traded him for turiaf cause out that trade... hes the only one seeing playing time ... i would have loved david lee and amare together

nate robinson comes to mind
zach randolph
jamal crawford
trevor ariza
the pick that eventually became lamarcus aldridge
the pick that eventually became joakim noah
smh damn thats a starting 5 plus a bench lol

Eh, don't really agree. Since we have Amar'e, David Lee and Zach Randolph wouldn't fit in. Ariza is good, but Chandler does fine for us. Crawford and Robinson could score, but play no D plus Nate was in D'Antoni's doghouse anyway. I agree with the picks but we never actually had those players.

Shortys4711
12-30-2010, 12:57 AM
drafted iggy and kept him, Rondo, joe johnson, eddie house, rudy f, lou amundson, j-rich and that amare stoudemire guy

This is painful

Tommyh1331
12-30-2010, 01:27 AM

^This, but throw in Anderson Varajeo man I wish we had him now

Fnom11
12-30-2010, 01:46 AM
Lamar Odom-Heat

pd1dish
12-30-2010, 02:14 AM
bulls with lamarcus aldridge (traded him for tyrus thomas on draft day)

eddy curry even though he hasnt done anything as of late

kirk heinrich because we didnt land a huge FA and the money hes making wouldnt have meant anything this year and could also be used as trade value for carmelo or other player that could fill our SG position. hes also not a bad backup for rose or even could be used as a SG. he couldnt play it any worse than bogans

pd1dish
12-30-2010, 02:26 AM
i cant believe there hasnt been a portland fan wishing they would have drafted durant over oden

hgtiger32
12-30-2010, 02:32 AM
Bucks:

Trading Dirks rights for Robert "Tractor" Trailer

Trading Ray Allen for a guy who could dunk and a washed up future hall of famer for a half year

***I was so fukcing pissed about that Ray Allen trade. He was and still is my favorite NBA Player

***Although I do not miss having Mo Williams, Charlie Villanueva, TJ Ford and Ramon Sessions

knicks09
12-30-2010, 02:32 AM
Knicks: Trevor Ariza and Marcus Camby

Blazers#1Fan
12-30-2010, 02:42 AM
Zach Randolph we gave him away! Aldridge and ZBO would of been a nice front court

Blazers#1Fan
12-30-2010, 02:46 AM
Bucks:

Trading Dirks rights for Robert "Tractor" Trailer

Trading Ray Allen for a guy who could dunk and a washed up future hall of famer for a half year

***I was so fukcing pissed about that Ray Allen trade. He was and still is my favorite NBA Player

***Although I do not miss having Mo Williams, Charlie Villanueva, TJ Ford and Ramon Sessions

you must not of remembered Payton he put of 20 & 7 as a buck SMH

Blazers#1Fan
12-30-2010, 02:55 AM
i cant believe there hasnt been a portland fan wishing they would have drafted durant over oden

thats not the topic players you wish you kept on your team Duraant never played for Portland but that being said i wish we Kept the pick and used it on DURANT!

EVERYBODY CALLED ODEN THE NEXT BILL RUSSELL AND DAVID ROBINSON IF WE DIDNT TAKE HIM THE SONICS WOULD OF IM TIRED OF PEOPLE ACTING LIKE WE KNEW HE WAS GONNA GET INJURED ALL THE TIME! IF HE DIDNT GAIN THOSE 60POUNDS OUT OF COLLEGE HE WOULDNT OF GOT INJURED SO MUCH! THAT AMOUNT OF WEIGHT DID A NUMBER ON HIM HIS FRAME WASNT BUILT FOR THAT I WISH WE HAD THE GREG ODEN THAT OHIO HAD IN COLLEGE!

PS NO I AINT MAD I JUST HIT CAPS LOCK AFTER A PUT DURANT AND I AINT ABOUT TO RE-RIGHT THAT LOL

I HOPE ODEN DOESNT GET INJURED THE REST OF HIS CAREER AND BEAST ON EVERYBODY! HELL ITS NOT LIKE HE'S A INJURED 40 YEAR OLD HE'S 22-23 AND HIS BODY WILL HEAL HE MAY LOOK 40 BUT HE AINT!

I LIKE HOW EVERYBODY CALLED GRIFFIN A BUST AFTER HE GOT INJURED !I THOUGHT HE WAS STILL GONNA BE A BEAST AND TURNS OUT...... I WAS RIGHT!

Stuckey#3
12-30-2010, 03:08 AM
Should have kept Chauncey and Afflalo and traded Rip instead.

hgtiger32
12-30-2010, 03:19 AM
you must not of remembered Payton he put of 20 & 7 as a buck SMH

you must not have remembered Allen putting up 25 and 6 as a Sonic and payton expectedly leaving the Bucks after the season.

You don't trade a player in his 7th year in the NBA who would've stayed a Buck for life more than likely for a rental and a guy that made fans go "oooooooo! aaaaaahhhhh!" at his dunks.

Stuckey#3
12-30-2010, 03:19 AM
We also should have resigned Memo.

jim51990
12-30-2010, 03:29 AM
Celtics

joe johnson - for nothing
Chauncey Billups

Raps18-19 Champ
12-30-2010, 03:32 AM
Raptors sohuld have kept Vince Carter. So we could have traded him for someone better.

There was rumours we could have gotten Ray Allen. :facepalm:

gilly
12-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Would rather have had Josh Smith over Iggy.

Kept Sefolosha or drafted Rajon Rondo instead.

Hibbert over Speights.

sagemania
12-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Any bucks fans should say Dirk. Dirk for fat obese robert taylor trade. LOL

BGeer091
12-30-2010, 11:40 AM
As a Knick fan. Im still sit back and think it all started going wrong with the Camby McDyess trade. I remember that draft night and i think i almost cried.

NYK
McDyess
Frank Williams(25th pick)
2nd

DEN
Camby
Nene
M. Jackson

I feel like that was the beginning of the end.

I can't say I wish the Curry trade didnt happen. I was sold on him. I just wish it didn't have to be all of our picks lol.

I guess the one player i'd still want on this team right now would be Crawford. With this current team he'd be awesome as our 6th man.

pd1dish
12-30-2010, 12:02 PM
thats not the topic players you wish you kept on your team Duraant never played for Portland but that being said i wish we Kept the pick and used it on DURANT!

EVERYBODY CALLED ODEN THE NEXT BILL RUSSELL AND DAVID ROBINSON IF WE DIDNT TAKE HIM THE SONICS WOULD OF IM TIRED OF PEOPLE ACTING LIKE WE KNEW HE WAS GONNA GET INJURED ALL THE TIME! IF HE DIDNT GAIN THOSE 60POUNDS OUT OF COLLEGE HE WOULDNT OF GOT INJURED SO MUCH! THAT AMOUNT OF WEIGHT DID A NUMBER ON HIM HIS FRAME WASNT BUILT FOR THAT I WISH WE HAD THE GREG ODEN THAT OHIO HAD IN COLLEGE!

PS NO I AINT MAD I JUST HIT CAPS LOCK AFTER A PUT DURANT AND I AINT ABOUT TO RE-RIGHT THAT LOL

I HOPE ODEN DOESNT GET INJURED THE REST OF HIS CAREER AND BEAST ON EVERYBODY! HELL ITS NOT LIKE HE'S A INJURED 40 YEAR OLD HE'S 22-23 AND HIS BODY WILL HEAL HE MAY LOOK 40 BUT HE AINT!

I LIKE HOW EVERYBODY CALLED GRIFFIN A BUST AFTER HE GOT INJURED !I THOUGHT HE WAS STILL GONNA BE A BEAST AND TURNS OUT...... I WAS RIGHT!

theres been a lot of people posting who they wish their team would have drafted. and i dont think anyone thinks that portland should have known that oden was going to be injury prone. its more bad luck than anything. its like when you guys drafted sam bowie over jordan. sam bowie wasnt a bad player and he had huge potential especially since he was a 7 footer but theres no denying that you would have rather had jordan. no one knew he was going to be considered the greatest player of all time.

raptor fan
12-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Chauncey Billups

lvlheaded
12-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Im shocked Heat fans arent saying Odom. I know you got Shaq and a chip out of that trade but Odom on the Heats current team would be perfect.

As a Knick fan, I always wanted to keep Nene and Ariza :sigh:

The1ronHorse
12-30-2010, 12:39 PM

Oden is actually really good when he's healthy it's too badd. I never thought he'd be better then durant ever, which is true, but if he can remain healthy he'll be a top center no doubt in my mind atleast.