PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard mocks LeBron in Cleveland with chalk toss

MagicBucsSox
12-28-2010, 11:15 PM
http://www.nba.com/video/games/cavaliers/2010/12/28/0021000455_orl_cle_play1.nba/index.html

hahaahaha the league would be dead w/o him!!!

210Don
12-28-2010, 11:18 PM
lol lebron is so hated.

John Walls Era
12-28-2010, 11:20 PM
that was actually not funny at all. If you're gonna do the chalk toss go all the way and not half *** it.

xabial
12-28-2010, 11:40 PM
wtf? i dont see anything. It looks like he's jerking off.

Gators123
12-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Yeah that was pretty weak

Khalifa21
12-28-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm probably alone in this but i've never found Dwight funny at all... Always seems to try so hard.

nyanks79
12-29-2010, 12:02 AM
I'm probably alone in this but i've never found Dwight funny at all... Always seems to try so hard.

Your not alone. Dwight is mad Cheesy.

Sixerlover
12-29-2010, 12:07 AM
Epic fail of a thread

tredigs
12-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Fail of a parody, fail of a game: 12pts 6rbs and 7 turnovers vs the Cavs? This is an MVP candidate?

bholly
12-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Needs new material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0KsOJAhBq0

Kashmir13579
12-29-2010, 12:22 AM
i thought it was funny

jmtapia
12-29-2010, 12:28 AM
weaksauce.

jiggin
12-29-2010, 12:29 AM
people on here get a lot of grief for making fun of and mocking lebron....its good to see that his peers think the same as we about him and his ridiculous self center antics.

I thought it was funny, and the looks of the cavs fans close around him (small sample size seem to appreciate it as well)

Howard can do what he wants, LBJ isn't going to get into some sort of heated rivallry with a guy like that. LOL

LBJ will have no comment...which should be his rule of thumb for ANYTHING that is asked of him. His PR manager should duck tape his mouth shut before and after ever game.

RulerSlick
12-29-2010, 12:31 AM
fail of a parody, fail of a game: 12pts 6rbs and 7 turnovers vs the cavs? This is an mvp candidate?

:d

Weeks
12-29-2010, 12:32 AM
Not that funny.

kntresistheheat
12-29-2010, 12:45 AM
I thought that he was rubbing it in the fans face????

Nikeman
12-29-2010, 12:45 AM
LBJ takes this **** personal.

Watch him dunk on Dwight next time we square off.

kntresistheheat
12-29-2010, 12:48 AM

:nod:

Blazers#1Fan
12-29-2010, 12:49 AM

hahahaaa yeah right!

you was a CAVS fan last year huh hahahahahah

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-29-2010, 12:50 AM
wtf? i dont see anything. It looks like he's jerking off.

lmfao

Flash3
it was just a joke.

lebron would have to be really petty to take offense,

Raps18-19 Champ
Howard's on and off.

He's sometimes funny and sometimes not funny. This is the case of him being somewhat funny.

Nikeman
12-29-2010, 12:52 AM
hahahaaa yeah right!

Actually no I wasn't :)

I started following the NBA when D-Wade came in, and loved the Heat since then, not because of LBJ, but D-Wade.

I didn't want LBJ to come here, because I am not a fan of this contraction ****, but I ain't complaining, and the season the Heat won 15 games, I flew from NY to watch 3 times, so you can suck it.

Anyway, let me know how Oden works out for you bro

MagicBucsSox
12-29-2010, 12:54 AM
Fail of a parody, fail of a game: 12pts 6rbs and 7 turnovers vs the Cavs? This is an MVP candidate?

his team hit 19 treys tonight ,so obviously he was doubled i guess he couldnt drop 44 on Varejao again:facepalm:, get ya bball iq up youngn. read between the stats

ps kobe had 9 vs philly................whats ur point

goblazers7
12-29-2010, 12:54 AM
The funnier joke was when he only scored 12 points and 6 boards and 7 to's against the cavs

Giraffes Rule
12-29-2010, 01:04 AM
I hope LBJ does take this personally. The league needs more hate between it's players. All this buddy buddy ******** is annoying.

D Roses Bulls
12-29-2010, 01:05 AM

:facepalm:

blahblahyoutoo
12-29-2010, 01:11 AM
hahahaaa yeah right!

"you WERE a cavs fan..."

you were, i was, he was, she was, they were, we were. english 101.

tredigs
12-29-2010, 01:46 AM
his team hit 19 treys tonight ,so obviously he was doubled i guess he couldnt drop 44 on Varejao again:facepalm:, get ya bball iq up youngn. read between the stats

ps kobe had 9 vs philly................whats ur point

And that accounts for 7 turnovers on just 8 shots and 1 assist HOW, exactly?

The guy constantly draws double teams, yet has a terrible combo of vision/hands/dexterity and almost always fails to make the easy pass for the assist. Blake Griffin draws those same doubles from the block, and guess what(?), he capitalizes. Over the past month (since the constant doubles have fully started coming) he's averaging 4+ assists a game to go with his 22pts and 14rbs. That's how do dish from the post.

What you get from Dwight is 1apg to go along with nearly 4 turnovers (worst assist/to ratio in the NBA... again). It's a monster hole in his game, and one that any true Magic fan recognizes and wishes he could improve on (along with his incessant foul trouble, obviously).

Fantastic defender - but still a mess offensively if we're trying to compare him to the best of the best.

But I'm talking to a guy who thought this parody of LBJ was "LOL funny!", so not sure why I'm bothering = /

SA5195
12-29-2010, 01:47 AM
That was pretty ****

SB1
12-29-2010, 01:51 AM
IMO the Cavs fans should be more upset with this than Lebron... :shrug:

Raph12
12-29-2010, 02:22 AM

Durant: 40mins-16pts-0asts-6tos on 6-24FG vs the Clipps?... This is an MVP Candidate?
Lebron: 38mins-16pts-9tos on 5-12FG vs the Sixers?... This is an MVP Candidate?
Amare: 37mins-14pts-8tos-6fls on 5-21FG vs the Bulls?... This is an MVP Candidate?
Dirk: 37mins-16pts-3tos-5fls on 5-15FG vs the Sixers?... This is an MVP Candidate?
Rose: 38mins-11pts-5tos on 3-13FG vs the Thunder?... This is an MVP Candidate?

Guess there are no more candidates left when you notice that each of the Top 5 have had a couple of bad games. If you bothered to watch the game before talking ****, you'd know he was doubled on touch all game long. And despite passing the ball well early (4 missed open shots by teammates, otherwise he'd have 5 assists), he fumbled it 5 times in the 3rd quarter alone and two of the tos were bs off fouls.

tredigs
12-29-2010, 02:27 AM
Durant: 40mins-16pts-0asts-6tos on 6-24FG vs the Clipps?... This is an MVP Candidate?
Lebron: 38mins-16pts-9tos on 5-12FG vs the Sixers?... This is an MVP Candidate?
Amare: 37mins-14pts-8tos-6fls on 5-21FG vs the Bulls?... This is an MVP Candidate?
Dirk: 37mins-16pts-3tos-5fls on 5-15FG vs the Sixers?... This is an MVP Candidate?
Rose: 38mins-11pts-5tos on 3-13FG vs the Thunder?... This is an MVP Candidate?

Guess there are no more candidates left when you notice that each of the Top 5 have had a couple of bad games. If you bothered to watch the game before talking ****, you'd know he was doubled on touch all game long. And despite passing the ball well early (4 missed open shots by teammates, otherwise he'd have 5 assists), he fumbled it 5 times in the 3rd quarter alone and two of the tos were bs off fouls.

And I'm sure you have similar excuses for every other game during the entirety of his career, correct? Because the fact of the matter is that his turnover issues and inability to create anything for his teammates from the post is a career issue, not a 1 game issue. Think in the macro for a minute.

Why do you think it's so easy for Blake Griffin to average 3+ assists every game (4+ lately) from the same general position (if you watch his games, they're all intelligent/quick passes out of the block immediately when the double comes, which leaves the defenders scrambling for the open shooter)? Some bigs have it, and some don't. Dwight? Sorry, but "he don't".

Raph12
12-29-2010, 02:46 AM
And I'm sure you have similar excuses for every other game during the entirety of his career, correct? Because the fact of the matter is that his turnover issues and inability to create anything for his teammates from the post is a career issue, not a 1 game issue. Think in the macro for a minute.

Why do you think it's so easy for Blake Griffin to average 3+ assists every game (4+ lately) from the same general position (if you watch his games, they're all intelligent/quick passes out of the block immediately when the double comes, which leaves the defenders scrambling for the open shooter)? Some bigs have it, and some don't. Dwight? Sorry, but "he don't".

What's your point, that he isn't an adept passer? So what, big deal, Russell was a horrible scorer but that didn't stop him from winning 11 rings in 13 years.

He doesn't get the ball 40 times a game like Shaq did to avg 3-4apg, nor does he play 40mpg. He's a reluctant passer because once the ball goes out, it's not coming back and therefore he tries his best to hold onto it and create for himself. Although he does pass the ball more than he gets credit for, but it's more like hockey assists, the ball just moves around until they find the most open guy.

As for creating for his teammates, his presence alone creates for them. If you watched the Boston game, his teammates got open shot after open shot because of the defense constantly collapsing on him when he cut to the basket. His man (usually the help defense on a team) stands idly by while guys drive inside for layups, afraid of Dwight getting a dunk, so they stick to him and just watch. His presence makes up for what he lacks in skills, when he gets 40 touches a game, then he'll want to pass to his teammates and then the numbers will follow.

Sactown
12-29-2010, 02:49 AM

I'm not going to lie this is a really really dumb post..:facepalm:

Bruno
12-29-2010, 02:50 AM
eh.

tredigs
12-29-2010, 03:00 AM
I'm not going to lie this is a really really dumb post..:facepalm:

Hahah okay then pick it apart. Should be easy.

blueplanet
12-29-2010, 03:00 AM
He tries to hard to emulate Shaq but he is not even close to being funny. He looks miserable when he tries something that he actually can't. And I have always felt he is jealous of LeBron. I have seen his acts/comments that are full jealousy over last couple of years.

thaShady
12-29-2010, 03:06 AM

Watch that **** get swatted in his face...

Sactown
12-29-2010, 03:06 AM
Hahah okay then pick it apart. Should be easy.

You were bringing up a point where Dwight is more of an athlete then a basketball player.. which is a great argument since his post moves are obviously inconsistent.. but then you compare him to another player Blake Griffin who is very similar in the way that he would not be able to compete in the NBA at a high level without his jumping ability.. then I assume you might be thinking, Well what player wouldn't survive without superior athletic ability.. were I could easily bring in Pau who I hate.. but is a clear example of a player that is all skill and less athletics..

Sadds The Gr8
12-29-2010, 03:15 AM
wtf? he didn't even throw powder. Failblog.org?

tredigs
12-29-2010, 03:16 AM
What's your point, that he isn't an adept passer? So what, big deal, Russell was a horrible scorer but that didn't stop him from winning 11 rings in 13 years.

He doesn't get the ball 40 times a game like Shaq did to avg 3-4apg, nor does he play 40mpg. He's a reluctant passer because once the ball goes out, it's not coming back and therefore he tries his best to hold onto it and create for himself. Although he does pass the ball more than he gets credit for, but it's more like hockey assists, the ball just moves around until they find the most open guy.

As for creating for his teammates, his presence alone creates for them. If you watched the Boston game, his teammates got open shot after open shot because of the defense constantly collapsing on him when he cut to the basket. His man (usually the help defense on a team) stands idly by while guys drive inside for layups, afraid of Dwight getting a dunk, so they stick to him and just watch. His presence makes up for what he lacks in skills, when he gets 40 touches a game, then he'll want to pass to his teammates and then the numbers will follow.

My point Raph is that despite his high FG% (though lowering drastically with the slightly increased fga's this year, coincidentally matching his 56% FT% at this point) is still very raw and inefficient. This is the wrong thread for it (I talked about it in the "does Dwight have a legitimate case for #1 in the league" thread), but the bottom line is that if he's going to be considered a serious MVP candidate and potentially the best player in the game, then these holes in his game can't be overlooked.

"Hockey assists". BS. If you're double/triple teamed, you should find the open shooter immediately. That's where the assists come in. Just kicking it out to someone who can catch the ball and try to create the right pass himself is not the same thing.

The reason for his turnovers is because he's unfluid in both his handles and his drive, and it results in a ton of strips/charges. It also makes it tougher for him to quickly get the ball up and out to the open man once he's made the decision to attack the hoop.

But whatever, this is boring me. Back to 2k11.

edit:

You were bringing up a point where Dwight is more of an athlete then a basketball player.. which is a great argument since his post moves are obviously inconsistent.. but then you compare him to another player Blake Griffin who is very similar in the way that he would not be able to compete in the NBA at a high level without his jumping ability.. then I assume you might be thinking, Well what player wouldn't survive without superior athletic ability.. were I could easily bring in Pau who I hate.. but is a clear example of a player that is all skill and less athletics..

No, this is 100% wrong as to what I was saying. Have you seen Blake play? His post moves, handles and passing ability are all VERY good. BG's also shown some range. He's far superior to Dwight offensively, and does things that truly elite bigs do on the offensive end. And that was my point.

All that said, Dwight's still a top impact player in the NBA from his defense alone. I don't take that away from him for a second. But MVP? No, he still has too much work to do offensively. And cannot make a consistently big enough impact in the 4th quarter (both because of his foul trouble issues, his lack of dominance offensively, and his terrible foul shooting).

Sadds The Gr8
12-29-2010, 03:16 AM

Blake Griffin has more basketball skill than Dwight Howard...

Sadds The Gr8
12-29-2010, 03:17 AM
but whatever, this is boring me. back to 2k11.

360?

RZZZA
12-29-2010, 03:23 AM
Lebron is ******** with his chalk toss; deserves to be mocked

tredigs
12-29-2010, 03:39 AM
360?

F'sho. "Tredigs02". Not really playing online much tho', working on my Jordan mode.

Sadds The Gr8
12-29-2010, 03:47 AM
F'sho. "Tredigs02". Not really playing online much tho', working on my Jordan mode.

oh k. i haven't even done jordan mode yet. just play against friends and online ranked matches. i'll add u 2moro if i remember.

sNaKeS
12-29-2010, 04:17 AM

And yet the magic won by 15........last I checked this is a TEAM game right? Let's ask Lebron, who won the past 2 mvp's in the REGULAR season, how much they meant when he watched Dwight and the Truth in the nba finals both those years and both teams that his pathetic cavs (and soon to be heat) teams lost to.

Lim
12-29-2010, 04:53 AM
i laughed at this for a good 5 min

MTar786
12-29-2010, 05:16 AM
he tries too hard to be like shaq. plus he's not funny at all. id love to have him on my team though

ttam68
12-29-2010, 02:33 PM
that was actually not funny at all. If you're gonna do the chalk toss go all the way and not half *** it.

Epic fail of a thread

Needs new material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0KsOJAhBq0

I like Dwight, but /thread

blahblahyoutoo
12-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Blake Griffin has more basketball skill than Dwight Howard...

truth.

SteBO
12-29-2010, 03:05 PM
And yet the magic won by 15........last I checked this is a TEAM game right? Let's ask Lebron, who won the past 2 mvp's in the REGULAR season, how much they meant when he watched Dwight and the Truth in the nba finals both those years and both teams that his pathetic cavs (and soon to be heat) teams lost to.

:rolleyes:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm so glad you're kidding

John Walls Era
12-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Dwight tries too hard to be accepted by the fans. Hes not funny at all.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
12-29-2010, 03:58 PM
shaq is still easily the funniest player in the league

BALLER71
12-29-2010, 03:59 PM
:laugh:

+1

b_russ
12-29-2010, 04:02 PM

Me too. Seems like a good guy though.

jim51990
12-29-2010, 04:07 PM
howard is a wannabe

gsgs49
12-29-2010, 08:39 PM
shaq is still easily the funniest player in the league

No RonRon is the guy