PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Jackson or OJ Mayo to the Bulls rumor?

D Roses Bulls
12-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Ive seen this Rumor on a couple other Sites, I Don't know how credible it is, but at least it's something to discuss

EDIT: Meant to post this in the Bulls forum, but it doesn't matter if you wanna keep it here or not.

The Bulls and Bobcats have discussed an 8 player deal that would send Stephen Jackson to the Bulls and James Johnson and Taj Gibson as the key players heading to Charlotte. The Bulls want to keep Taj, but seem willing to pull the trigger if they canít get OJ Mayo or JR Smith without giving up Taj.

The Bulls and Grizzlies had discussed a Mayo to Chicago deal, but the Grizzlies are asking for Taj Gibson, Omer Asik, James Johnson, and the Charlotte draft pick. The Bulls will not do that trade, but have considered doing a Gibson, Johnson, Bogans for Mayo deal, which Memphis wouldnít do at this point.

If the Bulls are to give up Gibson, then they must ask for Darrell Arthur in return. Arthur has had an overall good year, but is best suited coming off the bench, while Gibson is a starting caliber player. Since the deal isnít enough for the Grizzlies without Arthur involved, the Bulls should add 2 1st rounders to the deal to give reason to Memphis for Arthur being included. The Bulls donít have the playing time available to develop a prospect and those two picks could be nice depth for the Grizzlies, and who knows, they could possibly find a gem in the late 1st. The trade would then be Arthur and Mayo for two Bulls 1sts, Keith Bogans, Taj Gibson, and James Johnson. If the Grizzlies wonít bite on that, then the Bulls shouldnít deal Gibson for Mayo and move on.

If the Bulls could get that deal to work, they would then have a complete team with quality starters at every position, while maintaining a solid backup big man and keeping the same key role players. The Finals would definitely not be out of reach for that team.

Many donít want to part with Gibson because of Boozerís injury history, but the goal is to win a championship and as good of a player as Gibson is, without Boozer the Bulls arenít winning the title whether Gibson is his replacement or not. Bench players will always be available, but quality starters arenít out there often, hence why the Bulls must pull the trigger on a Mayo deal.

Now all we have to do is wait and see. Stephen Jackson could very well be on his way to Chicago.

http://www.rumorpress.net/?p=145

210Don
12-28-2010, 10:27 PM
id love to see jack go to a good team.

Weeks
12-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Would love this. It would make the Bulls legitimate contenders in the East if they are healthy.

Rose
Jax
Deng
Booz
Noah

D Roses Bulls
12-28-2010, 10:32 PM
I actually meant to post this in the Bulls forum, but made a mistake cause I have two windows open on psd,the bulls forum and NBA forum, but yeah...... soif you want, you can move this to the bulls forum or just keep it here.

Shahrose
12-28-2010, 10:54 PM
I would love to get Mayo on the Bulls. Lets see how this plays out

NBA-GMaster
12-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Either of these two will make the bulls a championship contender.

zambo4president
12-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Mayo I'd love. Cap'n Turnover not so much.

fadedmario
12-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Ive seen this Rumor on a couple other Sites, I Don't know how credible it is, but at least it's something to discuss

EDIT: Meant to post this in the Bulls forum, but it doesn't matter if you wanna keep it here or not.

http://www.rumorpress.net/?p=145

Memphis would want more than that for Mayo

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-28-2010, 11:10 PM
I'd love capt Jack to the Bucks. We have the best trading pieces.

bigsams50
12-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Jackson for JJ and Gibson? I'm game. ****, yall can take Diaw too :p

OT Thriller
12-28-2010, 11:24 PM
With either player, the Bulls would become a more complete team than the Heat. I think Jackson is more suited for the Bulls but Mayo wouldnt be a bad second option.

29$JerZ
12-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Captain Jack is likely to be a Bull instead of Mayo

Since Memphis would clearly want Taj and Chicago is so thin in the front court I don't see talks happening.

xabial
12-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Why are the bulls that desperate and in the market for a SG?

jkcronyn
12-28-2010, 11:39 PM
i wish the bulls could make a play for gerald wallace, that'd put them over the top

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-28-2010, 11:42 PM

Uhhh..because Keith Bogans is our starting SG :facepalm:

210Don
12-28-2010, 11:43 PM

lol stackhouse is available....he is a beast in 2k

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-28-2010, 11:44 PM
i wish the bulls could make a play for gerald wallace, that'd put them over the top

Wallace is a SF who is a more athletic version of Deng, but Deng is the better shooter. We need a SG who can shoot lights out (well not lights out but close to it) and can play off Rose in the backcourt.

Lakers4ItAll
12-29-2010, 12:02 AM
I'd rather have Mayo than Jackson

xabial
12-29-2010, 12:04 AM

If that facepalm was for me

i :facepalm: your :facepalm:

If Not, he must suck.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-29-2010, 12:05 AM
If that facepalm was for me

i :facepalm: your :facepalm:

If Not, he must suck.

lol no that was for Keith BLOWgans.

JB0B0
12-29-2010, 12:09 AM
If we're going to trade Gibson, I'd rather have Mayo. The rumor clearly states that Charlotte would get Gibson in return which imo is a bad trade for the Bulls. Jackson is 32 and on the decline. I'll take my chances with Mayo, a player who clearly isn't as good as Jackson but still has room to improve. Not to mention, he has a cheaper contract.

iFYouSeekAmy
12-29-2010, 12:12 AM
What would Warriors get out of Reggie Williams?

zambo4president
12-29-2010, 12:15 AM

Nothing.

JB0B0
12-29-2010, 12:16 AM

James Johnson

zambo4president
12-29-2010, 12:23 AM
James Johnson

The worst part is your serious:sigh: Why do we have the shittiest fans possible?

ChiSox219
12-29-2010, 12:26 AM
The worst part is your serious:sigh: Why do we have the shittiest fans possible?

Like you should talk

JB0B0
12-29-2010, 12:41 AM

Are you kidding me? I bet you think James Johnson can be a future all-star. And Reggie Williams is way better than JJ.

Blazers#1Fan
12-29-2010, 12:45 AM
bulls would be ten times better with jackson then with mayo does anybody ever watch the grizz or are we just going off of mayo at USC

only thing a about Mayo is potential Jackson does more on everything acrossed the board only thing bad is the age difference i would try to trade for Mayo for Johnson,brewer,1st round pick then i would go after Jackson for Brewer,korver,2 2nd round picks

Bulls
Noah
Boozer/Gibson
Deng
Jackson/Mayo
Rose

Weeks
12-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Jeez, why does everyone hate Bogans that much.

kntresistheheat
12-29-2010, 12:59 AM
lol stackhouse is available....he is a beast in 2k

Yeah, The very first 2k in 1999 sega dreamcast:p

nightBULL
12-29-2010, 01:01 AM
Have you watched him play lately???

GSwarriors4LIFE
12-29-2010, 01:03 AM
All I can say is send jax to a contender because we all know if he doesn't feel like the team is going anywhere he is all DRAMA.

DeyAce
12-29-2010, 01:10 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

AddiX
12-29-2010, 01:12 AM
This much is for sure, the Bulls will get a very good SG by trade deadline. It's the easiest position to fill and there are a ton of teams who will be in full roster dumping mode.

NBA is getting real bad with this. 6 or so top teams, and all the crappy teams just feed them there talent as soon as it looks bad. NBA needs to get it's ish together asap.

Weeks
12-29-2010, 01:25 AM
Have you watched him play lately???

Yes, I watch every Bulls game that I can.

Although he is inferior on offense, I respect him as a player.

He doesn't turn it over much, doesn't have any ego, plays ok defense, and anyway brewer gets more minutes and plays in crunch time.

I know he sucks on O, but I don't flat out hate him, at least he isn't trying to be anymore than what he can be.

effen5
12-29-2010, 01:28 AM

He doesn't turn it over much, doesn't have any ego, plays ok defense, and anyway brewer gets more minutes and plays in crunch time.

I know he sucks on O, but I don't flat out hate him, at least he isn't trying to be anymore than what he can be.

I agree with you a 100 percent

He doesn't hurt the team, but the problem is, hes not helping the team either...

Weeks
12-29-2010, 01:34 AM
I agree with you a 100 percent

He doesn't hurt the team, but the problem is, hes not helping the team either...
Yeah, I mean I would deal him in a heartbeat if he was part of an OJ Mayo/Jax package.

It seems that Bulls' fans hate him. like come on the dude plays for your team, and he goes every game doing what he can and playing as hard as he can to try to give you a win.

people should be happy that he doesn't have a JR smith mentality of self over team, and not listening to coaches. The only thing keeping JR in this league is athletiscism and the ability to shoot the lights out.

The only thing keeping Bogans in the league is his attitude, experience, and work ethic.

Weeks
12-29-2010, 01:36 AM
enough with the rant lol

Hopefully Gar can get a deal done soon

FlashMacker
12-29-2010, 01:40 AM
I would love Steve Jack on the Bulls

deavin_17
12-29-2010, 01:59 AM
A Rose/Jackson backcourt would match up well with anybody else in the league. The would have a size advantage on about anyone else they would play and be super athletic and long with the ability to get to the basket. Plus if Rose keeps shooting even close to what he is now and the ability of Jackson to light it up from the outside they are a very formidable foe in the East.

Chi StateOfMind
12-29-2010, 02:03 AM
i dont care jax or mayo just get bogans out.....OMG...what r the bulls FO doing hurry up n get a deal done more time for jax or mayo to adjust

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-29-2010, 02:06 AM

Sure, you can respect him all you want, but the fact remains he's a complete GHOST when he is on the floor..absolutely irrelevant, why do you think Rose puts up so many damn shots every night? He has to get his points along with the points at the SG positions cuz Brewer doesn't score for **** either, only on fastbreaks and put backs. We're not going anywhere with either of these guys and a short term option like Jackson would really take the pressure off our main guys and could very well put us over the top.

RZZZA
12-29-2010, 03:19 AM
The problem with Bogans is that Thibs insists on playing him and playing him early and often. Thibs refuses to starts Brewer or Korver over Bogans and Bulls fans are fed up with it. Thibs plays Bogans every 1st and 3rd quarters, usually almost the entire quarters, its far too much.

Now with Noah injured and Kurt in, we have only 3 guys on offense and its not enough.

and Mayo >>>>> Jackson. Jackson has a bad attitude and is on every refs hitlist. No thanks

D Roses Bulls
12-29-2010, 04:00 AM
I dont like Jacskons contract and age combined, but he is still a good defender and can score. I don't want mayo, it's BG 2.0 all over again.

sargon21
12-29-2010, 04:03 AM
Mayo>>>>Jackson, is ridiculous

NBA-GMaster
12-29-2010, 09:24 AM
How about getting them both, http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2425ymb
Bulls trade Deng, Gibson, Johnson plus 1st rd pick for Mayo, Jackson and Thabeet
Griz trade Mayo and Thabeet for Diaw, Johnson and Collins plus 1st rd draft pick
Catz trade Jackson, Diaw and Collins for Deng and Gibson

S-Dot
12-29-2010, 09:46 AM
I definitely like the OJ Mayo trade if they can land Arthur or another big man as well. With the unfortunate injuries of Noah and Booz, a player like Gibson is highly valuable to that team so they need another big along with Mayo

Would love to see Captain Jack go there as well; he seems to improve every team he goes to immediately, but again Taj Gibson is valuable to the Bulls right now.

thekmp211
12-29-2010, 01:07 PM
if all you bulls fans are saying mayo is a better fit than jackson, okay.

if you're saying you want him cause he's a better player..?

anyway, richard hamilton would be perfect for the bulls. PERFECT.

Bullsfan22
12-29-2010, 01:17 PM
if all you bulls fans are saying mayo is a better fit than jackson, okay.

if you're saying you want him cause he's a better player..?

Majority of the Bulls fans want Mayo because of his age and skill set. Rip seems to have a bad attitude nowadays, I've never really liked the guy over the years anyway.

Weeks
12-29-2010, 01:23 PM
I want Mayo b/c him and rose could (hopefully) play in the back court for the next ten years.

But Jax would be a better fit if the Bulls are trying to win a title this year.

SouthSideRookie
12-29-2010, 01:29 PM
The problem with Bogans is that Thibs insists on playing him and playing him early and often. Thibs refuses to starts Brewer or Korver over Bogans and Bulls fans are fed up with it. Thibs plays Bogans every 1st and 3rd quarters, usually almost the entire quarters, its far too much.

Now with Noah injured and Kurt in, we have only 3 guys on offense and its not enough.

and Mayo >>>>> Jackson. Jackson has a bad attitude and is on every refs hitlist. No thanks

I agree, Jackson is also a chucker and tends to play out of control if things aren't going his way, NO Jackson for Bulls please.

DaBUU
12-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Jeez, why does everyone hate Bogans that much.

you've watched Bulls games this year, correct?

thekmp211
12-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Majority of the Bulls fans want Mayo because of his age and skill set. Rip seems to have a bad attitude nowadays, I've never really liked the guy over the years anyway.

thats what i figured. makes sense.

yeah rip has been grumpy this year, but can you blame him?

he's one of the few guys left from the glory days, plays for a terrible team and still is getting jerked around in the lineup.

i think a trade to a contender would help him out.

he's exactly what you need: shooter/scorer who plays almost exclusively off ball

jfree31
12-29-2010, 01:35 PM
micheal and the bulls dealing????? count on it. wallace or sjax AND diaw for JJ, Taj, and picks. maybe all 3 for JJ,Taj,Deng,2 1st rders, and whatever mike wants that isnt a core player. i can see mike helping bulls since all these other teams started this crap. him helping reinsdorf not so much, but the city of chicago. he has time to put all young guys on the floor and keep getting high draft picks. its how charlotte started to begin with(Go Grandma Ma)

DaBUU
12-29-2010, 01:36 PM
How about getting them both, http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2425ymb
Bulls trade Deng, Gibson, Johnson plus 1st rd pick for Mayo, Jackson and Thabeet
Griz trade Mayo and Thabeet for Diaw, Johnson and Collins plus 1st rd draft pick

problem is that no one is taking Dengs contract off our hands.

Weeks
12-29-2010, 01:36 PM
you've watched Bulls games this year, correct?

Seems that nobody in Chicago respects him SMH.

DaBUU
12-29-2010, 01:39 PM

Seems that nobody in Chicago respects him SMH.

IMO Bogans adds nothing to the team, he needs to be next to JJ at the end of the bench instead of starting. Since you watch you should realize the team doesnt start heating up untill he goes to the bench and Brewer comes in.

RZZZA
12-29-2010, 01:40 PM
cuz we know we can't contend with him, he's holding us back

XskwizitMC
12-29-2010, 01:41 PM
I'd prefer OJ. just appreciate his selfless mindeset over Captain Jack

drama1386
12-29-2010, 01:56 PM
it would be my dream if the bucks can get either mayo or jackson...we've got some pretty good trade pieces...

king4day
12-29-2010, 01:56 PM
If the Cats do this, and then pull off the rumored Richardson for Diaw move, they'd be in great shape.

Start TT and have Taj off the bench.

chicago1
12-29-2010, 02:35 PM
chi-town and bogans averages about 3 points a game but rest ashured taj will not be going or deng it will b jj and picks

kozelkid
12-29-2010, 03:00 PM

they don't need both... They need one of them.
Deng is great for us at the 3. He plays great defense, one of the best rebounders for his position and terrific off the ball. And to add, he also has been money from 3 so he spreads the floor well as well. I'd argue he's been our most valuable player on defense.
We just need one more perimeter player capable of creating his shot when teams like Boston will force the ball out of Rose's hands like they did with Lebron and the Cavs last year and annihilated them.

With that said, I heavily doubt Bulls trade for SJax. Our management has structured Watson's, Brewer's and Korver's contracts all 2 years with a third unguaranteed. There's a reason for that. Summer of 2012 is huge for us due to two reasons. Number one is the fact that Rose will be getting a huge extension then and without knowing what's going on with the CBA, Bulls want to err on the side of caution regarding giving out short contracts. The other is due to the fact that 2012 can up a big year with the possibility of Howard being a FA along with many other star players. With the flexbility our management created, we can be players in 2012. Jackson's is guaranteed for 3 years which would hurt us in both cases. Not to mention, Jackson has at most 2 years left in terms of his ability to play. Bulls might be at win now, but they aren't desperate. They have the core to be win now for the next 5 years at least. Which is why Mayo makes more sense, both in contract and age. Besides, giving up a key backup for SJax this year likely means will already waste one of his 2 years anyway.

OT Thriller
12-29-2010, 03:06 PM

Poor rip he was so fun to watch then the Pistons went to crap. I really hope he gets traded to a relevant team he was the man!

kozelkid
12-29-2010, 03:08 PM

Keep that ****er away from our team as far as possible.

Chi-Town Sports
12-29-2010, 03:38 PM
I like OJ more because
1. Not a bad contract
2. Long term solution
3. Can play backup PG
4. Big time potential

Most of these are refferring to the future of the team, if the FO thinks we have a legit shot to win now they will pull the trigger on the jackson deal.

Weeks
12-29-2010, 04:15 PM
The Wolves seem to be making a strong push for Mayo.

Even though I want him in a Bulls uniform, if he gets traded to Minny, hopefully the Bulls then try to make a push for Jax.

IversonIsKrazy
12-29-2010, 05:11 PM
I think Mayo would play better with Rose than Jackson. But honestly, if we give up Taj for a guard, our front-court would be Noah/Boozer Asik/Thomas, with Noah out for 8 weeks, and Boozer being an injury prone player, Asik a euro rookie, and Thomas as old as he is, we need Taj.

HouRealCoach
12-29-2010, 05:14 PM
I think the Bulls should NOT trade Gibson

Chi StateOfMind
12-29-2010, 05:37 PM
BULLS NEED A NEW SHOOTING GUARD!!!!!!bogans hitting one shot makes me laugh because i see it every 5 games

Ray_R
12-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Just pull the trigger!

Tony_Starks
12-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Its a roll of the dice with Jackson. He would provide a shot in the arm and is usually very reliable come playoff time but if they don't win it all soon he tends to wear out his welcome pretty fast.

Mayo would be better long term. Im still not sure why Memphis lost confidence in him so quickly. He's streaky but an all around solid player, I think they are being premature on this one....

RZZZA
12-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Memphis is being stingy. They under-utilize him yet don't want to trade him. It's nonsense.

We should steal Mayo from them and leave them nothing but a stale fart in a jar, that would serve them right.

jkcronyn
12-30-2010, 04:54 PM
what about monta ellis

Flash3
12-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Memphis is being stingy. They under-utilize him yet don't want to trade him. It's nonsense.

We should steal Mayo from them and leave them nothing but a stale fart in a jar, that would serve them right.

How would that happen.

AI
12-31-2010, 04:05 AM
How about this 3-team trade?

Chicago gets J.R. Smith & Stephen Jackson
Charlotte gets Carmelo Anthony
Denver gets Luol Deng, Taj Gibson, James Johnson & 2 first round picks

heatking
12-31-2010, 04:07 AM
how bout this trade?
chicago gets kobe, dwight, cp3, melo for deng, taj, james johnson... come on bulls fans get off the pipe.

xabial
12-31-2010, 04:21 AM
how about this trade

Chicago recieves jr smith

Den recieves taj gibson

Simple and Sweet.

kurivaimu
12-31-2010, 12:15 PM
I think both of them would be a bad fit.
Mayo is individually a great player with a tremendous upside and potenatial. But he is a ball-hog and i dont see him fitting in as a third option to Rose and Boozer.

Stephon Jackson is a bad influence. Period.

DeyAce
12-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Bulls probably won't make a trade until the deadline

Bullsfan22
12-31-2010, 12:51 PM
we won't make a trade at all we're "standing pat" again..

tangent12
12-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Oh gawd hell naw.

thekmp211
12-31-2010, 05:46 PM
jackson would be a good fit somewhere with a strong, established culture. san antonio, lal, boston, even miami to a lesser extent.

on the bulls, he would jeopardize the leadership gains made by guys like rose and noah, and even boozer who is a respected veteran presence. jackson is too strong of a personality to just respond to those guys, and that could create a big chemistry problem. stay away.

pd1dish
12-31-2010, 05:59 PM
i would give up Taj in a second to get stephen jackson. always loved what this guy could bring to the table offensively and it never hurts to have 6'8 player on the floor that can score. on a good team with all eyes on rose and also on boozer, this guy could easily average over 20 ppg. rose is already a 24 ppg guy, boozer at 20 ppg, deng at 18 ppg and then good role players like noah in the middle, korver, watson and brewer coming off the bench. thats is a pretty solid team and i think that would put the bulls on a whole other level than what they are at now. if we could get this done, i would love it.