PDA

View Full Version : How exactly is Chris Bosh over rated ?

Pages : [1] 2

Basketball=life
12-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Is it justed because he is in the Heat or is it you really believe he is not an all-star caliber players? This is not in the Heat forum because i want opinions for people who aren't Heat fans.

210Don
12-28-2010, 10:27 PM
i dont know how hes rated but hes not a franchise player.

toovey107
12-28-2010, 10:27 PM
:laugh2:

Baller1
12-28-2010, 10:29 PM
He's not overrated. He's become underrated this season.

Basketball=life
12-28-2010, 10:30 PM

i agree but people are talking like that man is sorry :confused:

Weeks
12-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Is it justed because he is in the Heat or is it you really believe he is not an all-star caliber players? This is not in the Heat forum because i want opinions for people who aren't Heat fans.

Not a great rebounder. And he's playing behind two of the top five players in the NBA.

If I'm not mistaken he is putting up 18-8 on 50% shooting this year, which is pretty good. All-Star caliber if he wasn't on the Heat since everyone besides Miami seems to hate the heat.

Raph12
12-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Depends on who's rating him, he's not worth the same amount as Lebron and Wade as his paycheque would suggest, but he's definitely a great 2nd/3rd option.

Vincent
12-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Maybe overrated from the 25/10 guy he was in his Toronto days... people were calling him the top 5 PFs in the game... which I don't think you can call him anymore. But it's mostly just opinion

Sactown
12-28-2010, 10:50 PM
TOP 5 PF right now..
Dirk
Pau
Him.. Imo

NBA-GMaster
12-28-2010, 10:53 PM
He's not overrated. He's become underrated this season.

Agree!!

John Walls Era
12-28-2010, 10:53 PM
TOP 5 PF right now..
Dirk
Pau
Him.. Imo

For once I agree with him.

Sactown
12-28-2010, 10:55 PM
For once I agree with him.

Ouch lol.. and If we were going to draft PF's today I'd take him at #2 behind Griffin..

Flash3
12-28-2010, 10:55 PM

Who believes that ? :confused:

valade16
12-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Maybe overrated from the 25/10 guy he was in his Toronto days... people were calling him the top 5 PFs in the game... which I don't think you can call him anymore. But it's mostly just opinion

I can't think of 5 PFs I'd take over him. I'd' love to hear who you think...

Basketball=life
12-28-2010, 11:03 PM
TOP 5 PF right now..
Dirk
Pau
Him.. Imo

he embarrassed pau on christmas

Hustlenomics
12-28-2010, 11:06 PM
TOP 5 PF right now..
Dirk
Pau
Him.. Imo

Bosh over Amare?

Hawkeye15
12-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Bosh over Amare?

shoot, I think Miami would be better off with Love than Bosh going forward, but that's just me.

blahblahyoutoo
12-28-2010, 11:09 PM

exactly. i don't know how he was lumped in with the other "max contract" players this summer.

swap amare with bosh, the knicks would be under .500.

rhymeratic
12-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Woah....

Amare > Bosh. One is an MVP candidate, the other gets scrub buckets....

He's a good player but not a franchise player. That's all it is. Its kinda like he's a lesser version of Pau Gasol imo.

mark1125
12-28-2010, 11:18 PM
exactly. i don't know how he was lumped in with the other "max contract" players this summer.

Because Bosh is a coat tail riding tool. He latched on to LeBron and Wade's jock and hasn't let go.

Geargo Wallace
12-28-2010, 11:22 PM
He's a damn good player. I watched his ***** *** in Toronto for years. He can s a d now that he's in South Beach.

NYK_kidd77
12-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Bost is overrated cause he runs up court like a girl.

Minimal
12-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Funny how everyone ******** on Bosh as soon as he joined Miami.
People forgot that he averaged 24 and 11 last year.
He is averaging 20 and 10 in last 16 games. The only reason he doesn't average 24 PPG is just because he attempts less shots and he plays in much more low paced team right now. He is an elite player and easily a franchise player.
His defensive rating is 98 which is the biggest from Miami. He is underrated defender and guy who has high basketball IQ. I bet he is 2nd best defensive PF in NBA right now after Garnett (maybe Josh Smith also).
Bosh is underrated and will be underrated till the end of his career.

Flash3
12-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Woah....

He's a good player but not a franchise player. That's all it is. Its kinda like he's a lesser version of Pau Gasol imo.

scrub buckets ? we all know bosh can score perfectly fine on his own. he did avg 24 11 last year.

John Walls Era
12-28-2010, 11:25 PM
shoot, I think Miami would be better off with Love than Bosh going forward, but that's just me.

But you love Love. IMO Bosh is more efficient

This is the worst excuse. The idea of swapping players doesn't work because the teams offense is tailored around Amare's skill set. Thats like saying: Switch Rondo with Calderon. Boston would still be over .500 and Raptors would still be under .500. That doesn't mean Calderon = Rondo.

umh34
12-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Woah....

You didnt happen to see the heat knicks game tonight when miami was up by three has the knicks were making that run did you?

We went to bosh...

Flash3
12-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Amare is being severely overrated imo

John Walls Era
12-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Because Bosh is a coat tail riding tool. He latched on to LeBron and Wade's jock and hasn't let go.

Great argument :rolleyes:

umh34
12-28-2010, 11:30 PM

I wouldnt say that but im glad with our pick in bosh.

John Walls Era
12-28-2010, 11:30 PM

So overrated. I never thought I'd see the day when he would be a MVP candidate (last year I could understand cuz there was Nash).

Bigbadmoffo
12-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Garnett, amare not sure how you forgot him, Blake Griffin looks better this year also.

Chrisstyles
12-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Amare is a leader who can put a team on his back and motivate them and Bosh obviously couldnt do that in toronto its definitely Amare>Bosh

Dade County
12-28-2010, 11:36 PM

Gasol wouldn't say that, Bosh is still, in his nightmares from that Christmas Day showdown.

Flash3
12-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Amare is a leader who can put a team on his back and motivate them and Bosh obviously couldnt do that in toronto its definitely Amare>Bosh

knicks will eventually come back down to earth.... imo.

xabial
12-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Gasol wouldn't say that, Bosh is still, in his nightmares from that Christmas Day showdown.

One Game doesnt decide your career.

I think everybody in this forum would take Pau over Bosh, and if the Heat traded bosh for gasol straight up 99.99% of heat fans would be celebrating like they won a championship.

KnicksorBust
12-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Bosh is overpaid but at this point he's not overrated. He seemed to have the hardest time adjusting in Miami because he went from 29% usage to 24%. That's a significant drop. It's tough to go from being #1 option to #3 option. He even said he felt lost at their at times. Imagine having an offense tailored around you in Toronto and then next season you are just running around trying to stay out of LeBron's way. The scary part is they've seemed to figure it out. Bosh has always been an effecient scorer and will be an All-Star for at least the next 6 seasons. The guy is legit.

Hoopsadvocate
12-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Its simply people say hes overrated for 1 of 2 reasons.

1. Hes on the HEAT

2. They didnt get him and had to settle for other pfs and now choose to support there pf by degrading the others.

Just another thing the haters are wrong about. They said he played no D yet he has the highest def rating on our team which is the top or top 2 def in the league that saids a lot. They say he was too soft and couldnt rebound or score in the paint well he has avg around 20 and 10 as the 3rd optio in the last 16 games showing his finess game in the post instead of brutshly pushing ppl around. And on top of that every time hes gone up against a "top pf" aka amare or pau he has outplayed them. Just proving people wrong and letting his game do the talking. Big ups to Bosh.

NYtilIdie
12-28-2010, 11:42 PM
He's not a leader thats my main beef with him. He throws his teammates under the bus which is something you never do if you consider yourself "a person you build around".

Slimsim
12-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Bosh just minding his business and playing ball.

ink
12-28-2010, 11:50 PM
He's not a leader thats my main beef with him. He throws his teammates under the bus which is something you never do if you consider yourself "a person you build around".

I'd definitely agree with that from what I saw in Toronto. In answer to the thread question, he's over-rated as a #1 option but a lot of us were saying he'd be a very good #2 or 3. This is proving to be true. Don't ask him to do too much, but he will be there to sting you when he is left open. Can't lead, but definitely supports with the best of them.

ink
12-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Bosh just minding his business and playing ball.

Super role player. That's what he was on the US Olympic team and that's how he's going to excel in MIA.

xabial
12-28-2010, 11:52 PM

1. Hes on the HEAT

2. They didnt get him and had to settle for other pfs and now choose to support there pf by degrading the others.

Just another thing the haters are wrong about. They said he played no D yet he has the highest def rating on our team which is the top or top 2 def in the league that saids a lot. They say he was too soft and couldnt rebound or score in the paint well he has avg around 20 and 10 as the 3rd optio in the last 16 games showing his finess game in the post instead of brutshly pushing ppl around. And on top of that every time hes gone up against a "top pf" aka amare or pau he has outplayed them. Just proving people wrong and letting his game do the talking. Big ups to Bosh.

Your always going to be hated. Just Deal with it, even though some Heat Fans Are *****'s but thats with every fanbase i guess. At least your meshing together faster then anyone expected.

Dade County
12-28-2010, 11:54 PM
One Game doesnt decide your career.

I think everybody in this forum would take Pau over Bosh, and if the Heat traded bosh for gasol straight up 99.99% of heat fans would be celebrating like they won a championship.

Bosh carrier is just getting started..........

And I am not a follower, I would not be running around celebrating ****; Bosh is 26 I think, and look at his skill set, F that ****, Lakers can keep Gasol......... Real talk !!! In the long run we win, thats why we didn't sign Amare, we are in it for the long-haul.

Gasol is still a very good player, but I'm ok with Bosh. Imagine Bosh 2yrs from now.............. COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

BSplaya2121
12-28-2010, 11:57 PM

hahaha i was saying the same exact thing to my friend last night

LavelC
12-29-2010, 12:05 AM
Woah....

I think gasol =s bosh. I watched gasol and bosh do nothing but loose their whole carrer until they got paired with real franchise players

Problemchild
12-29-2010, 12:11 AM

lol are u crazy Pau will dominate bosh in many situations, lol you nut sack holders forget pau has rings. We know if it was only bosh & wade on that team they wouldn't be top 3 in the east right now. But its like the old olympic team before kobe saved them. who wil lbe there closer.

Kenny Powders
12-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Bosh carrier is just getting started..........

And I am not a follower, I would not be running around celebrating $ H I T; Bosh is 26 I think, and look at his skill set, F that ****, Lakers can keep Gasol......... Real talk !!! In the long run we win, thats why we didn't sign Amare, we are in it for the long-haul.

Gasol is still a very good player, but I'm ok with Bosh. Imagine Bosh 2yrs from now.............. COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Which came first, the chicken or the egg??

Problemchild
12-29-2010, 12:14 AM
All i can say as a knick fan is thank god we got amare. We were never gonna get lebron(he was obviously scared to play here year round) & as wade said himself we were never that interested in him. But i can imagine how bad we would be if amare was in miami & we had to settle for bosh.

spartanbear
12-29-2010, 12:14 AM
I think the term overrated in reference to bosh has a lot to do with 1) Who's doing the rating and 2) Whom you're comparing him to...

Is Chris Bosh a Highly Skilled, perennial All-Star Power Forward. Without a doubt.

Is Chris Bosh a SUPERSTAR (Superstar = Same tier/caliber of player as bronbrons, dwade, Kobe etc)? That one's debatable. I say no but I'm sure some junior statistician has a list of TS%'s, Win Shares and Defensive Ratings that would say otherwise.

One significant way bronsbrons proved he's a Superstar was during his time in Cleveland when he did the most with the least (probably ever) and snagged two MVP's in process.

dwade is arguably the best 2 in the game, has consistently lead his team to the playoffs and grabbed a Championship when teamed with Shaq.

Then there's bosh who's only played in a total of 11 Career playoff games. Just saying...

Doesn't mean he ain't good just not lbj and wade good.

Problemchild
12-29-2010, 12:17 AM

1. Hes on the HEAT

Clown..... if you have two unstoppable players on your team who shoot a high volume of shots & your not getting atleast 8-10 rebounds. I appreciate bosh for what he is a very skilled role player but cut it out he showed what he was when he had his own team. just another stat guy chucking up shots.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 12:19 AM

WTF!!! This is why he's underrated. He's a top 5 pf in this league.

Problemchild
12-29-2010, 12:19 AM
I think the term overrated in reference to bosh has a lot to do with 1) Who's doing the rating and 2) Whom you're comparing him to...

Is Chris Bosh a Highly Skilled, perennial All-Star Power Forward. Without a doubt.

Is Chris Bosh a SUPERSTAR (Superstar = Same tier/caliber of player as bronbrons, dwade, Kobe etc)? That one's debatable. I say no but I'm sure some junior statistician has a list of TS%'s, Win Shares and Defensive Ratings that would say otherwise.

One significant way bronsbrons proved he's a Superstar was during his time in Cleveland when he did the most with the least (probably ever) and snagged two MVP's in process.

dwade is arguably the best 2 in the game, has consistently lead his team to the playoffs and grabbed a Championship when teamed with Shaq.

Then there's bosh who's only played in a total of 11 Career playoff games. Just saying...

Doesn't mean he ain't good just not lbj and wade good.

He is'nt amare good either or dirk good or Kg good, but i agree he is very skilled.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 12:21 AM
I'll tell you who is overrated; Pau Gasol.

KingOf215
12-29-2010, 12:23 AM
Call me crazy, but I'd still take Bosh over Amare.

Problemchild
12-29-2010, 12:24 AM
I'll tell you who is overrated; Pau Gasol.

His two rings say different.

Hustlenomics
12-29-2010, 12:25 AM
i'll tell you who is overrated; pau gasol.

+ 1

Problemchild
12-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Call me crazy, but I'd still take Bosh over Amare.

On a team by himself as the leader or on a team with 2 other stars?. I'm happy with our pick as a knick fan lol we actually got lucky for once.

spartanbear
12-29-2010, 12:35 AM
He is'nt amare good either or dirk good or Kg good, but i agree he is very skilled.

Touche - Particularly regarding the KG and Dirk portion of your statement (I think the Amare thing is another one that can be debated. However the Suns, previously a perennial playoff team are clearly struggling mightily without him.)

Cano4prez
12-29-2010, 12:37 AM

On stacked teams

CHANGO
12-29-2010, 12:40 AM
Bosh is the perfect guy for the Heat. Period.

Amare would not be so good in the Heat. I prefer Bosh. And Bosh is a superstar, is a great player, his only problem, leadership, someone quiet who does not like lead. But it's a great player.

kntresistheheat
12-29-2010, 12:41 AM
I think he has always been underrated, I guess since he was in Toronto he did not get enough air time to see what he can do. The guy is a career 20-10 guy and avg 24-10 last year I think?? He is being noticed now with the big three and one more thing to point out, He has added defense to his resume....Which I believe he lacked on in toronto and now its helping to become a noticeable power forward.

RC3
12-29-2010, 12:41 AM
I remember in 2007 where people in espn compared chris bosh to tim duncan and kevin garnett? So that could be why some people say he is overrated because he is not the same player as those two.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 12:44 AM

It's reasons like this that make him over rated. You don't compare talent based on the number of rings. Kobe and the talent around him has a lot to do with those rings.

Hoopsadvocate
12-29-2010, 12:45 AM
Clown..... if you have two unstoppable players on your team who shoot a high volume of shots & your not getting atleast 8-10 rebounds. I appreciate bosh for what he is a very skilled role player but cut it out he showed what he was when he had his own team. just another stat guy chucking up shots.

1. he avgs over 8 boards for the season

2. in the last 16 games hes avg about 10 (aka since he found his role on the team)

3. wade is our leading scorer and is at 499 fga per game and bosh is at 449 so that entire bolded part is wrong.

KNow what your talking about before embarassing yourself.clown.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Bosh put up 18 and 10 tonight and barely touch the ball in the fourth. He's been averaging those types of numbers all year and is the third option. I've seen so many games where he barely gets the ball. They will give it to him early but then ignore him in long stretches. Also, Bosh can do anything Amare can on the court except Bosh is a way better defender. I bet Miami fans will admit that Bosh has been playing very good defense this year and they have questioned him in that area of his game in previous years.

rhino17
12-29-2010, 12:56 AM
He is a role player, nothing more

Nikeman
12-29-2010, 12:57 AM
CB4 took a lot of **** early in the season, but HE had the hardest adjustment.

From being a star with plays called for him, he had to play off scraps from LBJ and Wade.

Ever since his 35 pt game @ Phoenix, he's become the Heat's most consistent, (NOT BEST) player, and has torn it up. His rebounds could use some work yes, but he's getting a solid 8-10 a night as of recent games

ink
12-29-2010, 12:57 AM
I think he has always been underrated, I guess since he was in Toronto he did not get enough air time to see what he can do. The guy is a career 20-10 guy and avg 24-10 last year I think?? He is being noticed now with the big three and one more thing to point out, He has added defense to his resume....Which I believe he lacked on in toronto and now its helping to become a noticeable power forward.

No, he hasn't improved. He's playing beside two of the top 5 players on the planet. He's getting open looks, that's all. Let's not go overboard. Also, let's see if he even makes the All Star team this year. He's good, but as a role player, not as a franchise player. Keep it in perspective. Alone, he is pretty frail. I've watched 7 years worth of frailty from him.

Nikeman
12-29-2010, 12:58 AM
He is a role player, nothing more

Doubt you know anything about basketball my friend..

Bosh is not a star, but an all-star caliber player

ink
12-29-2010, 01:01 AM
Bosh put up 18 and 10 tonight and barely touch the ball in the fourth. He's been averaging those types of numbers all year and is the third option. I've seen so many games where he barely gets the ball. They will give it to him early but then ignore him in long stretches. Also, Bosh can do anything Amare can on the court except Bosh is a way better defender. I bet Miami fans will admit that Bosh has been playing very good defense this year and they have questioned him in that area of his game in previous years.

As a Raptors fan, you know that isn't true. He has absolutely no strength. Amare dominates physically. We have both watched Bosh fail badly as a leader and a #1 option. Amare has surprised everyone by stepping out of Nash's shadow and taking on the #1 role in New York, one of the most critical markets in sport. There really isn't any comparison. Bosh has a knack for putting up hollow stats -- easy fadeaway jumpers for example. Amare is beasting.

Hoopsadvocate
12-29-2010, 01:03 AM
if bosh is a "role player" as people explain just because hes not a franchise player (which i agree hes not) than i guess guys like pau gasol, rajon rondo, and carlos boozer are also just role players simply because they arent franchise players?

Nikeman
12-29-2010, 01:03 AM
As a Raptors fan, you know that isn't true. He has absolutely no strength. Amare dominates physically. We have both watched Bosh fail badly as a leader and a #1 option. Amare has surprised everyone by stepping out of Nash's shadow and taking on the #1 role in New York, one of the most critical markets in sport. There really isn't any comparison. Bosh has a knack for putting up hollow stats -- easy fadeaway jumpers for example. Amare is beasting.

Amare's shot volume has also increased by 10 a game bro.. no wonder he's putting up more points.

kntresistheheat
12-29-2010, 01:06 AM
No, he hasn't improved. He's playing beside two of the top 5 players on the planet. He's getting open looks, that's all. Let's not go overboard. Also, let's see if he even makes the All Star team this year. He's good, but as a role player, not as a franchise player. Keep it in perspective. Alone, he is pretty frail. I've watched 7 years worth of frailty from him.

You sound like a bitter raptors fan:rolleyes: He has improved and I said it was his defense that was improved! Dont make me prove you wrong:D

aman_13
12-29-2010, 01:07 AM

He's a natural number two option and his biggest knock was being able to play at a superstar level over a whole season. He would stop going the net for whatever reason when early he would attack. The only reason he's likely not going to make the All-Star team this year because he's playing behind two of the best players in the NBA.

Hoopsadvocate
12-29-2010, 01:07 AM
Amare's shot volume has also increased by 10 a game bro.. no wonder he's putting up more points.

This. ANd hes still not avg double figure boards. In dantonis system bosh could avg the same amount of points with the attempts amare gets. Which is all amare has points and yes hes a better leader than bosh because hes more vocal but the only thing hes leading the knicks to is a playoff birth. They will never win with him as the main guy just like they wouldnt win with bosh as the main guy u want a leader? get a couple vets to fill out ur bench like a lot of championship teams do.

Cano4prez
12-29-2010, 01:08 AM

He has the 2nd lowest DRTG (99) Wade is 98

aman_13
12-29-2010, 01:09 AM
You sound like a bitter raptors fan:rolleyes: He has improved and I said it was his defense that was improved! Dont make me prove you wrong:D

He is not an anchor by any means defensively, but he's really been playing well defensively this year.

kntresistheheat
12-29-2010, 01:13 AM
He is not an anchor by any means defensively, but he's really been playing well defensively this year.

I agree. I'm just saying that he is actually playing defense which people got on his *** about that in Toronto for being soft. That is why I said he has improved.

ink
12-29-2010, 01:15 AM

My point is that Amare has taken on the role of a #1. Bosh crumpled under the same pressure. He's happy as a #3. We said all along that he'd be great in a supporting role and he is. Full credit to him. If you watched his career for 7 years as we have, you would know that he is an elite supporting player.

Put some thought into the posts man. A lot of us were praying they wouldn't re-sign Bosh because we didn't want any more of the "Bosh as franchise player" train wreck.

He's a natural number two option and his biggest knock was being able to play at a superstar level over a whole season. He would stop going the net for whatever reason when early he would attack. The only reason he's likely not going to make the All-Star team this year because he's playing behind two of the best players in the NBA.

He's too slight to play at an elite level for a full season. We saw that year in year out. That's why we didn't want him re-signed. He will last much longer this year because the pressure is off. The guy clearly has talent, but he lacks strength and the intestinal fortitude to lead a team. He is in the perfect situation: he will take advantage of wide open looks created by playing beside phenomenal players. They will lead, he will exploit openings.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 01:20 AM

Amare is not a ture number one option either, your judging Amare on a small sample. The Knicks are playing real good ball, but they will not go anywhere far unless the get a player like Melo. You have seen Bosh play out of his mind as a Raptor as well and everybody hopping on his bandwagon. You have seen the reactions. Bosh is finess, but he uses quickness to get to the rim. Maybe i used the wrong words when i said Bosh could do anything Amare can, but he can dominate in his own way like Amare does.

blahblahyoutoo
12-29-2010, 01:25 AM

it's funny to see all the heat fans come out in defense of bosh, when you know last year they would've all said he was just an above average player.

last season, he could not lead a decent raptors team to the playoffs in the weak eastern conf, as the team's first option. that's why he's not a superstar.
he's a low vote allstar, perhaps voted in by the coach.

ink
12-29-2010, 01:27 AM
Amare is not a ture number one option either, your judging Amare on a small sample. The Knicks are playing real good ball, but they will not go anywhere far unless the get a player like Melo. You have seen Bosh play out of his mind as a Raptor as well and everybody hopping on his bandwagon. You have seen the reactions. Bosh is finess, but he uses quickness to get to the rim. Maybe i used the wrong words when i said Bosh could do anything Amare can, but he can dominate in his own way like Amare does.

Amare is physically capable of playing as a #1. He can physically dominate with speed and strength. I don't rate him as highly as a few other PFs but he's definitely more capable physically than Bosh. Bosh's dominating periods always came to a crashing end when his body gave out. He had to play well above his head to be at Amare's level, and that is when Amare is a shadow of his pre-microfracture surgery self. Bosh might be smarter, and even or better than Amare on D, but that's not saying that much. Neither are going to be all-NBA on D. The point is that strategically, a coach can plan an offence around Amare as the leader, whereas a coach has to plan around others as leaders and Bosh as a lightening quick counter-attack. Doesn't mean he's bad, just means that he isn't physiologically capable of dominating the low post at the NBA level.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 01:27 AM
My point is that Amare has taken on the role of a #1. Bosh crumpled under the same pressure. He's happy as a #3. We said all along that he'd be great in a supporting role and he is. Full credit to him. If you watched his career for 7 years as we have, you would know that he is an elite supporting player.

Put some thought into the posts man. A lot of us were praying they wouldn't re-sign Bosh because we didn't want any more of the "Bosh as franchise player" train wreck.

He's too slight to play at an elite level for a full season. We saw that year in year out. That's why we didn't want him re-signed. He will last much longer this year because the pressure is off. The guy clearly has talent, but he lacks strength and the intestinal fortitude to lead a team. He is in the perfect situation: he will take advantage of wide open looks created by playing beside phenomenal players. They will lead, he will exploit openings.

Your right, which is why i always get so frustarated with him. Every year i would say what happened to the Bosh that we saw early in the season. If he had the right mindset, he would be as good as any pf in this league. Maybe that is what seperates Amare from Bosh, but right now i'm not fully convinced with Amare.

NYY NYJ NYK
12-29-2010, 01:36 AM

He's better then Bosh

aman_13
12-29-2010, 01:37 AM
Amare is physically capable of playing as a #1. He can physically dominate with speed and strength. I don't rate him as highly as a few other PFs but he's definitely more capable physically than Bosh. Bosh's dominating periods always came to a crashing end when his body gave out. He had to play well above his head to be at Amare's level, and that is when Amare is a shadow of his pre-microfracture surgery self. Bosh might be smarter, and even or better than Amare on D, but that's not saying that much. Neither are going to be all-NBA on D. The point is that strategically, a coach can plan an offence around Amare as the leader, whereas a coach has to plan around others as leaders and Bosh as a lightening quick counter-attack. Doesn't mean he's bad, just means that he isn't physiologically capable of dominating the low post at the NBA level.

I don't see any reason why Bosh can't dominate the ball in the low post, i don't believe it is a physical thing and that is where we disagree. They actually weigh very similar when they get ready for a season. I believe it his is mindset. Anyways, if Gasol can be rated as a top five pf, then so can Bosh and i think you will agree that Gasol is not a number one option.

ink
12-29-2010, 01:38 AM
Your right, which is why i always get so frustarated with him. Every year i would say what happened to the Bosh that we saw early in the season. If he had the right mindset, he would be as good as any pf in this league. Maybe that is what seperates Amare from Bosh, but right now i'm not fully convinced with Amare.

That's why I would take Pau or Dirk over both of them. In fact, I'd take Boozer over either Bosh or Amare too and said so in the summer.

Flash3
12-29-2010, 01:41 AM
He's better then Bosh

Better than him in what ?

ink
12-29-2010, 01:42 AM
I don't see any reason why Bosh couldn't dominate the ball in the low post, i don't believe it was a physical thing and that is where we disagree. They actually weigh very similar when they get ready for a season. I believe it was his mindset. Anyways, if Gasol can be rated as a top five pf, then so can Bosh and i think you will agree that Gasol is not a number one option.

Gasol's not a #1 but his BBIQ is off the charts. There are so many plays that show that. I remember the put back he made in traffic that eliminated the Thunder last year. That was a close series and a lesser player would have failed (or fouled) in that situation. Compare that with Bosh's wide open miss at the end of the shot clock near the end of last season against GSW. As spectacular as Pau's putback was, Bosh's wide open miss RIGHT AT THE RIM summed up his reliability as a clutch performer.

Kashmir13579
12-29-2010, 01:43 AM
He fits the Heat very well and they are the best team in the NBA (IMHO).

he's not as good defensively as his number suggest. the Heat are just great at team defense. anyone who disagrees please explain to me how Illgauskis has a top 5 defensive rating. i'll say it again, Bosh fits the Heat very well. if he is getting his points they are pretty much unbeatable. Celtics are the only team in the east i can see taking them to a seven game series (MAYBE Orlando)

kntresistheheat
12-29-2010, 01:44 AM
That's why I would take Pau or Dirk over both of them. In fact, I'd take Boozer over either Bosh or Amare too and said so in the summer.

So would I... We are talking about 2 of the top 5 PF in the league, bosh is a top 10 IMO.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 01:46 AM

You would take Pau as a number one option over Bosh and Amare? Of course i understand Dirk(he is the best pf in the league imo), but i've watched Gasol in Memphis for many years and i've seen him as a Laker. Your contradicting yourself if you think Gasol is more capable than Bosh and Amare as a true number one.

ink
12-29-2010, 01:48 AM
So would I... We are talking about 2 of the top 5 PF in the league, bosh is a top 10 IMO.

Top 10 PF's? I agree.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 01:51 AM
Gasol's not a #1 but his BBIQ is off the charts. There are so many plays that show that. I remember the put back he made in traffic that eliminated the Thunder last year. That was a close series and a lesser player would have failed (or fouled) in that situation. Compare that with Bosh's wide open miss at the end of the shot clock near the end of last season against GSW. As spectacular as Pau's putback was, Bosh's wide open miss RIGHT AT THE RIM summed up his reliability as a clutch performer.

I think it's a bit unfair, your comparing one moment in Gasol's career to a play Bosh would make nine times out of ten. Gasol is smart, but the triangle makes it a lot easier to find the open guy.

Lim
12-29-2010, 01:52 AM
i dont think hes over rated. when ur on a team with d wade and lebron obviously your production is gonna go down considerably.. having said that though he does need to step up his rebounding though

ink
12-29-2010, 01:52 AM
You would take Pau as a number one option over Bosh and Amare? Of course i understand Dirk(he is the best pf in the league imo), but i've watched Gasol in Memphis for many years and i've seen him as a Laker. Your contradicting yourself if you think Gasol is more capable than Bosh and Amare as a true number one.

I think I made it clear already that Pau isn't a #1. He is the best PF in the league though as a close #2. He fits the role perfectly in LA. Time and time again we've seen him have the presence of mind to make the big play at the right time. Bosh only tops him in highlight style; he can open his mouth wider for the camera when he does his "man yells". lol. just j/k.

Kashmir13579
12-29-2010, 01:53 AM
knicks will eventually come back down to earth.... imo.

depends what you mean. nobody was ever saying they are in the same league as Celtics/Heat/Orlando except ESPN. i think for right now most fans are still happy with the way their team looks. if you've been watching any of their games its clear they will compete for the 5 or 6 spot in the east. the teams they are losing to are much better teams. including the Miami heat tonight.

ink
12-29-2010, 01:54 AM
I think it's a bit unfair, your comparing one moment in Gasol's career to a play Bosh would make nine times out of ten. Gasol is smart, but the triangle makes it a lot easier to find the open guy.

I really don't think Bosh is remotely close to Gasol and have said so since Pau was in Memphis. Much more intelligent player, much more durable and versatile. Gasol will tough it out in the low post (despite the fact that he gives up at least 25-50 pounds to most low post players) where you know Bosh usually gets kicked in the privates (echoes of Celtics' games). A player doesn't develop a reputation as a softie among his peers for no reason right?

freedas
12-29-2010, 01:55 AM
Bosh never guards amare of course bosh would get double doubles with Wilson Chandler guarding him. Also Gasoline wasn't guarding him either he's busy guarding big z. I think bosh is good don't get me wrong but he's not near top of in the league right now. In my opinion in nonorder it's gasoline amare griffin love to name a few. B

1. Hes on the HEAT

aman_13
12-29-2010, 01:56 AM
I think I made it clear already that Pau isn't a #1. He is the best PF in the league though as a close #2. He fits the role perfectly in LA. Time and time again we've seen him have the presence of mind to make the big play at the right time. Bosh only tops him in highlight style; he can open his mouth wider for the camera when he does his "man yells". lol. just j/k.

Sorry, i figured i misunderstood. When you had put Gasol and Dirk in the same sentence, i thought you were comparing them as number one options.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 02:02 AM
I really don't think Bosh is remotely close to Gasol and have said so since Pau was in Memphis. Much more intelligent player, much more durable and versatile. Gasol will tough it out in the low post (despite the fact that he gives up at least 25-50 pounds to most low post players) where you know Bosh usually gets kicked in the privates (echoes of Celtics' games). A player doesn't develop a reputation as a softie among his peers for no reason right?

Gasol is soft as well. I have seen Gasol get over matched physically and i've seen him struggle a lot against bigs that can match his length. Gasol has the luxary of playing with Kobe who makes life so much easier. Your giving him a lot more credit than he deserves.

Hoopsadvocate
12-29-2010, 02:10 AM
Bosh never guards amare of course bosh would get double doubles with Wilson Chandler guarding him. Also Gasoline wasn't guarding him either he's busy guarding big z. I think bosh is good don't get me wrong but he's not near top of in the league right now. In my opinion in nonorder it's gasoline amare griffin love to name a few. B

Um ya he did he had some huge defensive plays where he stripped the ball or cut off baseline which would lead to easy amare dunks. though most of the time other guarded amare but bosh had a couple match ups with him as well. And the "bosh would get double doubles with wilson chandler guarding him" comment goes both ways amare had big z and joel antony on him.

Griffin?? ok going to stop reading ur post the kid is athletic and still very raw he can surpass him one day but hes not a top pf yet.

ink
12-29-2010, 02:11 AM
Gasol is soft as well. I have seen Gasol get over matched physically and i've seen him struggle a lot against bigs that can match his length. Gasol has the luxary of playing with Kobe who makes life so much easier. Your giving him a lot more credit than he deserves.

And I think Gasol is a lot tougher than he gets credit for. Shaq didn't call Bosh RuPaul just because of his hair right? I have never seen Bosh stand up to another player physically. I have seen him try to beat his man with speed, but never with power or guile. I've seen Bosh neutralized (as the first option) by far inferior bigs who put size on him. Gasol, love him or hate him, takes his beatings. Bosh shies away and takes fadeaways.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 02:14 AM
I rank Gasol as a top five pf and i rank him higher than Bosh, but Bosh deserves to be in the sentence as him. I don't see many differences between Bosh and Amare and now Amare is a regarded a lot higher than Bosh. There is now way anyone can say Bosh is a top 10 pf and Amare is top 5. Everyone is getting caught up with the media hype.

rhino17
12-29-2010, 02:14 AM
Doubt you know anything about basketball my friend..

Bosh is not a star, but an all-star caliber player

yeah, that is why he has had so much success in his career :rolleyes:

aman_13
12-29-2010, 02:26 AM
And I think Gasol is a lot tougher than he gets credit for. Shaq didn't call Bosh RuPaul just because of his hair right? I have never seen Bosh stand up to another player physically. I have seen him try to beat his man with speed, but never with power or guile. I've seen Bosh neutralized (as the first option) by far inferior bigs who put size on him. Gasol, love him or hate him, takes his beatings. Bosh shies away and takes fadeaways.

Bosh is a natural pf and your right about Bosh backing down, but there isn't a huge difference between them physically. Shaq got pissed when Bosh said he was camping down low. Bosh had to guard a center down low without any help who was clearly camping all night. Bosh was right and Shaq took it personally. I still believe Bosh and Gasol are generally finess players.

Sactown
12-29-2010, 02:28 AM
Pau and Bosh are finesse players.. I hate when people call them soft.. they both just understand they can score without having to slam the ball in everytime.. they are skilled enough to do it in other ways.. Pau is undoubtedly the most skilled big in the league.. doesn't make him the best.. just the most skilled.. Bosh is also very skilled.. Amare and Blake on the other hand.. less skilled more jumping..

ink
12-29-2010, 02:32 AM
Bosh is a natural pf and your right about Bosh backing down, but there isn't a huge difference between them physically. Shaq got pissed when Bosh said he was camping down low. Bosh had to guard a center down low without any help who was clearly camping all night. Bosh was right and Shaq took it personally. I still believe Bosh and Gasol are generally finess players.

They are but Bosh is contact averse and Pau is wirey and will take his beatings. I think it was Hollinger who asked "who needs a big taking fadeaways all the time" first with regards to Bosh. He pretty much nailed it. Like I said, Bosh will do very well in MIA because he can exploit the openings created by Lebron and DWade. Then again, a lot of other good PFs could too. Being the #3 on that team is the difference between t-ball and major league pitching. Who couldn't get a hit every time? ;)

aman_13
12-29-2010, 02:32 AM
Pau and Bosh are finesse players.. I hate when people call them soft.. they both just understand they can score without having to slam the ball in everytime.. they are skilled enough to do it in other ways.. Pau is undoubtedly the most skilled big in the league.. doesn't make him the best.. just the most skilled.. Bosh is also very skilled.. Amare and Blake on the other hand.. less skilled more jumping..

I agree.

Sactown
12-29-2010, 02:36 AM
They are but Bosh is contact averse and Pau is wirey and will take his beatings. I think it was Hollinger who asked "who needs a big taking fadeaways all the time" first with regards to Bosh. He pretty much nailed it. Like I said, Bosh will do very well in MIA because he can exploit the openings created by Lebron and DWade. Then again, a lot of other good PFs could too. Being the #3 on that team is the difference between t-ball and major league pitching. Who couldn't get a hit every time? ;)

I think Bosh did fine on his own? 24/11?

aman_13
12-29-2010, 02:38 AM

Ok, Bosh is not allergic to physical contact, he gets to the free throw line at an above average pace and it's not just by taking jumpshots. There is no arguing from me when you say Bosh is jump shooter who just doesn't attack enough, but that is his style. Dirk is a jump shooting big man as well and will dominate more by the jump shot. In fact, Dirk can be quiet as well when he's not hitting.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 02:42 AM

Those numbers are a product of his early season play, a lot of what ink is saying is right. I'm just saying that Bosh is a top 5 pf in this league. On a typical season, he is more of a 20 and 10 player then he is a 24 and 11.

Sactown
12-29-2010, 02:44 AM

Funny that you'd hate on a player that shows exactly what you're looking for in the league.. I believe it was you who complained about the league being to much flash and not enough fundamentals..
Bosh gives you sound fundamentals.. He isn't turnover prone and is very efficient.. Why so much hate?

ink
12-29-2010, 02:51 AM

I get what you mean but he wasn't on his own. And he piled up a lot of empty stats, getting fed the ball set after set. He was also playing beside Andrea Bargnani who wasn't exactly contending for rebounds where he was positioned out on the 3pt line by design.

Ok, Bosh is not allergic to physical contact, he gets to the free throw line at an above average pace and it's not just by taking jumpshots. There is no arguing from me when you say Bosh is jump shooter who just doesn't attack enough, but that is his style. Dirk is a jump shooting big man as well and will dominate more by the jump shot. In fact, Dirk can be quiet as well when he's not hitting.

Dirk and Bosh are not alike. Bosh really has no outside game. And you must remember the flailing around, moaning baby TRex thing Bosh did every time he was trying to draw a foul. He was always off balance and on his heels. Someone should have shown him tape of himself. I wanted to believe he was a great player for the longest time, but last year he made it impossible to pretend any longer. He is best out of traffic where he can make his points safely without much challenge.

blueplanet
12-29-2010, 02:55 AM
Bosh is the 3rd best PF atm behind Dirk and Gasol. Amare is the most overrated player in the league right now (because he is a knick). Amare is the first option in NY and he is a turnover machine (Leading the league even though he's PF...oh well). Just remember how many teams wanted Amare and how many teams wanted Bosh in the summer. Bosh is extremely efficient. Miami started playing better once Bosh started to find his game. It's not a coincidence. The guy is a finesse.

ink
12-29-2010, 02:56 AM
Funny that you'd hate on a player that shows exactly what you're looking for in the league.. I believe it was you who complained about the league being to much flash and not enough fundamentals..
Bosh gives you sound fundamentals.. He isn't turnover prone and is very efficient.. Why so much hate?

Careful with the word "hate" when it doesn't apply. Bosh doesn't supply fundamentals at all. If you want fundamentals from a PF, look at TD. Look at Boozer and Gasol. And yes, Bosh was quite turnover prone in Toronto.

Sactown
12-29-2010, 02:59 AM
Careful with the word "hate" when it doesn't apply. Bosh doesn't supply fundamentals at all. If you want fundamentals from a PF, look at TD. Look at Boozer and Gasol. And yes, Bosh was quite turnover prone in Toronto.

If you want turnover prone look at Amare.. that guy isn't even a basketball player.. he is an athlete. Bosh possesses skills clearly.. you can't average 24/11 or 18/8 this year without having his skills considered he isn't a high flier or super fast..

ink
12-29-2010, 03:04 AM
If you want turnover prone look at Amare.. that guy isn't even a basketball player.. he is an athlete. Bosh possesses skills clearly.. you can't average 24/11 or 18/8 this year without having his skills considered he isn't a high flier or super fast..

If you look at my early posts in the thread I said that Bosh was good. But he has been over-rated in the past. He was definitely not the best PF FA this summer. He was buddies with Wade and Lebron and his stats from Toronto were inflated.

A lot of times a player who is not truly great is or isn't good because of the fit on their team. The interesting thing is that each of Amare, Boozer and Bosh are all working out on the teams that picked them up. Bosh is excelling as a #3 option, which is about right for him. Yes, he has skills, but they are not the over-rated skills of the summer. They are the skills of an alternative when MIA's first two ALL WORLD options are covered. There is a major difference, which I'm sure you would acknowledge.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 03:06 AM
I get what you mean but he wasn't on his own. And he piled up a lot of empty stats, getting fed the ball set after set. He was also playing beside Andrea Bargnani who wasn't exactly contending for rebounds where he was positioned out on the 3pt line by design.

Dirk and Bosh are not alike. Bosh really has no outside game. And you must remember the flailing around, moaning baby TRex thing Bosh did every time he was trying to draw a foul. He was always off balance and on his heels. Someone should have shown him tape of himself. I wanted to believe he was a great player for the longest time, but last year he made it impossible to pretend any longer. He is best out of traffic where he can make his points safely without much challenge.

I'm not comparing Bosh and Dirk, i'm just saying that everyone dominates in their own way. We will have to agree to disagree, you seem to be emphasizing more on his weaknesses and pretending that is all he really was in his entire career as a Raptor. Your forgeting what he did for us against the Magic in the playoffs when at the time many people including me felt like he had one of his best performances as a Raptor.There were many times he performed at a high level in his own way and had the entire city behind him during his career. We just learned in the end he wasn't a number one option.

Sactown
12-29-2010, 03:10 AM
If you look at my early posts in the thread I said that Bosh was good. But he has been over-rated in the past. He was definitely not the best PF FA this summer. He was buddies with Wade and Lebron and his stats from Toronto were inflated.

A lot of times a player who is not truly great is or isn't good because of the fit on their team. The interesting thing is that each of Amare, Boozer and Bosh are all working out on the teams that picked them up. Bosh is excelling as a #3 option, which is about right for him. Yes, he has skills, but they are not the over-rated skills of the summer. They are the skills of an alternative when MIA's first two ALL WORLD options are covered. There is a major difference, which I'm sure you would acknowledge.

But saying he is successful as a number 3 options is about his worth is incorrect. I think he makes a better 1st option then Pau, and could clearly do fine as a 2nd option and would be able to contend in the playoffs as a 2nd option.. as a 1st option with a good cast I could see them being equivalent if not better then Atlanta

ink
12-29-2010, 03:11 AM
I'm not comparing Bosh and Dirk, i'm just saying that everyone dominates in their own way. We will have to agree to disagree, you seem to be emphasizing more on his weaknesses and pretending that is all he really was in his entire career as a Raptor. Your forgeting what he did for us against the Magic in the playoffs when at the time many people including me felt like he had one of his best performances as a Raptor.There were many times he performed at a high level in his own way and had the entire city behind him during his career. We just learned in the end he wasn't a number one option.

I don't disagree with that. But that is a flawed player, and the thread question was how is he over-rated. There are a lot of different ways that he has been over-rated.

ink
12-29-2010, 03:12 AM
But saying he is successful as a number 3 options is about his worth is incorrect. I think he makes a better 1st option then Pau, and could clearly do fine as a 2nd option and would be able to contend in the playoffs as a 2nd option.. as a 1st option with a good cast I could see them being equivalent if not better then Atlanta

There is a HUGE leap between being a #1 and a #3. Bosh failed badly as a #1 and is doing fine as a #3. Pau was OK as a #1 and has been great as a #2. Every player needs their role. You can't expect more from a player than he can give.

Sactown
12-29-2010, 03:13 AM
I don't disagree with that. But that is a flawed player, and the thread question was how is he over-rated. There are a lot of different ways that he has been over-rated.

And I think the "hate" comment was accurate.. because IMO if you don't hate Bosh then you really never loved TOR basketball the last seven years at all.. Hating and respecting are totally different things.. I hate Kobe, but I respect that he is a chucker who can occasionally put the ball in the basket.. also I respect the fact that he luckily stumbled apon Shaq and his current 5 rings.

Sactown
12-29-2010, 03:15 AM
There is a HUGE leap between being a #1 and a #3. Bosh failed badly as a #1 and is doing fine as a #3. Pau was OK as a #1 and has been great as a #2. Every player needs their role. You can't expect more from a player than he can give.

Fine as a #3? he's averaging 20/10 in the last 16 games and in my mind is doing superb and equally if not better then Pau this season.. all as a 3rd option who has to adjust to being one and is finally finding his own

xabial
12-29-2010, 03:17 AM
It's reasons like this that make him over rated. You don't compare talent based on the number of rings. Kobe and the talent around him has a lot to do with those rings.

And you dont think Gasol's a major contributor to the Lakers Success? Gasol is the Reason Kobe is in LA Right Now. He was the missing Piece of the Puzzle. Ever since the Lakers acquired Pau Gasol they have made the NBA Finals three straight years, and have won the last two. Sure supporting cast helps but lets not go around in circles and say Gasol wasnt the Reason they won. Some people even said Gasol deserved some Finals MVP talks.

My point is Gasol>>>>>>>>>>>>Bosh (even with the Age Difference) 30 to 26,...UNTIL we see what Chris Bosh, can do when it comes to playing in a meaningful Playoff Game.

Chris bosh is basically in Pau Gasol's position after he got Traded to the Lakers. The only difference is one is a proven Bonifide Playoff Star, and the other is unproven.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 03:22 AM
And you dont think Gasol's a major contributor to the Lakers Success? Gasol is the Reason Kobe is in LA Right Now. He was the missing Piece of the Puzzle. Ever since the Lakers acquired Pau Gasol they have made the NBA Finals three straight years, and have won the last two.

Gasol>>>>>>>>>>>>Bosh (even with the Age Difference) 30 to 26.

Gasol is a major contributor, but he isn't the best pf in the league by any means. He has flaws in his game and is a product of the talent around him. I rank Gasol ahead of Bosh but not the way you suggest it.

ink
12-29-2010, 03:25 AM
IMO if you don't hate Bosh then you really never loved TOR basketball the last seven years at all.. Hating and respecting are totally different things..

Neither of those comments make sense. :confused: Just because people became frustrated with a player who was inadequate for the role he was needed for doesn't mean they didn't like 7 years worth of the team. And on the other hand, it's pretty obvious that hating and respecting are totally different things. Do you know anyone who thinks they're the same? The point is that things aren't black and white. You don't need to either love or hate. This is fair criticism. Bosh was in the rare position of having been a failure with his previous club, yet valued as one of the prize FA's this off-season. He claimed just before FAgency that he wanted to be a #1 and ended up as a #3 behind Wade and Lebron. He will do well there because he can pick up a ton of gimmees behind two of the best in the world. In THAT role he is valuable. Each player to his own role.

ink
12-29-2010, 03:28 AM
And you dont think Gasol's a major contributor to the Lakers Success? Gasol is the Reason Kobe is in LA Right Now. He was the missing Piece of the Puzzle. Ever since the Lakers acquired Pau Gasol they have made the NBA Finals three straight years, and have won the last two. Sure supporting cast helps but lets not go around in circles and say Gasol wasnt the Reason they won. Some people even said Gasol deserved some Finals MVP talks.

My point is Gasol>>>>>>>>>>>>Bosh (even with the Age Difference) 30 to 26,...UNTIL we see what Chris Bosh, can do when it comes to playing in a meaningful Playoff Game.

Chris bosh is basically in Pau Gasol's position after he got Traded to the Lakers. The only difference is one is a proven Bonifide Playoff Star, and the other is unproven.

Fair post.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 03:32 AM

Yeah he is a flawed player, but so is Gasol, Amare and Boozer. They are all number two options. The only true number one option is Dirk and he has his flaws as well. Bosh can be just as effective as any of those players just mentioned as a number two. He's the number three option now and that is too bad for him because he is making people believe that he is just a very good role player. He barely gets the ball and is just taking jump shots because Lebron and Wade like to dominate more on their own rather than feeding it down low.

ink
12-29-2010, 03:36 AM
Yeah he is a flawed player, but so is Gasol, Amare and Boozer. They are all number two options. The only true number one option is Dirk and he has his flaws as well. Bosh can be just as effective as any of those players just mentioned as a number two. He's the number three option now and that is too bad for him because he is making people believe that he is just a very good role player. He barely gets the ball and is just taking jump shots because Lebron and Wade like to dominate more on their own rather than feeding it down low.

I agreed until the end of your post. Maybe they don't want to feed it down low because Bosh isn't there. That's my point. He avoids the low post wherever possible. Yes he gets his points but not from the toughest areas. That's the well-known knock on him and only he can correct that impression. Then again, in Miami he may not need to because he has two world class slashers and Big Z who have no problem in that area of the court.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 03:37 AM
The perception of Bosh has changed and it is weird for me because i have seen the whole thing. Many people didn't watch Bosh when he was a Raptor, now they finally get to see him every week on National TV and see the third wheel who's game is limited because he no longer gets the ball in his hand. He goes from a widely regarded top 5 pf to a to a top 10 pf or just a very good role player.

Sadds The Gr8
12-29-2010, 03:39 AM

Lebron and Wade are making it easier for him though. You think Bosh gets as much focus on him in game tapes and preparation as Wade and James? no way. Bosh gets his so easily because he plays with the 2 best players in the world. If Bosh was the focal point against big name teams he'll be just what he was on T.O. A black hole. Bosh can't handle the big name teams with more pressure on him.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 03:43 AM
I agreed until the end of your post. Maybe they don't want to feed it down low because Bosh isn't there. That's my point. He avoids the low post wherever possible. Yes he gets his points but not from the toughest areas. That's the well-known knicks on him and only he can correct that impression. Then again, in Miami he may not need to because he has two world class slashers and Big Z who have no problem in that area of the court.

I have seen him ask for the ball in the post many times, but he gets ignored. Wade and Lebron look more for their own and end up taking difficult shots which is why they let the Knocks hang around tonight. Then Bosh just ends up watching and basically floats around the perimeter, makes one pick and takes the wide open shot. His role has changed big time and by no means are they making the most out of Bosh's skills.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 03:45 AM
Lebron and Wade are making it easier for him though. You think Bosh gets as much focus on him in game tapes and preparation as Wade and James? no way. Bosh gets his so easily because he plays with the 2 best players in the world. If Bosh was the focal point against big name teams he'll be just what he was on T.O. A black hole. Bosh can't handle the big name teams with more pressure on him.

Of course he doesn't get as much focus, but he could be utililized a lot more than he currently he is right now.

Chronz
12-29-2010, 03:45 AM
I dont see how being fed the ball makes your stats empty. And the Bargs excuse isnt because hes by the 3pt line, its because hes a bad defensive rebounder(most rebounds are defensive ones so your positioning offensively is pretty irrelevant, also offensive rebounds are more dependent on the players role/skill moreso than his teammates). Even so, hes still a presence on the boards.

Dirk and Bosh are not alike. Bosh really has no outside game.
Based on what? Bosh has a beautiful mid range jumper that sets up his slashing game. Hes a great triple threat player, you dont accomplish this without an outside game.

And you must remember the flailing around, moaning baby TRex thing Bosh did every time he was trying to draw a foul. He was always off balance and on his heels. Someone should have shown him tape of himself.
LOL someone HAS shown him tape of his play, that you think hes off balance must mean hes out of control or whatever it is your trying to degrade here is nonsensical. The facts still remain he did in fact draw fouls at a high rate for someone in that position and he was superb offensively. Point is, whatever hes doing is working.

I wanted to believe he was a great player for the longest time, but last year he made it impossible to pretend any longer. He is best out of traffic where he can make his points safely without much challenge.
We shall see, if your definition of great players runs a short list then hes not on it, but hes still a perennial All-Star player, which is more than you can say for say a Reggie Miller.

ink
12-29-2010, 03:50 AM
I dont see how being fed the ball makes your stats empty. And the Bargs excuse isnt because hes by the 3pt line, its because hes a bad defensive rebounder(most rebounds are defensive ones so your positioning offensively is pretty irrelevant). Even so, hes still a presence on the boards.

Based on what? Bosh has a beautiful mid range jumper that sets up his slashing game. Hes a great triple threat player, you dont accomplish this without an outside game.

LOL someone HAS shown him tape of his play, that you think hes off balance must mean hes out of control or whatever it is your trying to degrade here is nonsensical. The facts still remain he did in fact draw fouls at a high rate for someone in that position and he was superb offensively. Point is, whatever hes doing is working.

We shall see, if your definition of great players runs a short list then hes not on it, but hes still a perennial All-Star player, which is more than you can say for say a Reggie Miller.

A few of those comments were indecipherable but nevermind. No interest ...

ink
12-29-2010, 03:51 AM
I have seen him ask for the ball in the post many times, but he gets ignored.

Question of trust perhaps?

aman_13
12-29-2010, 03:57 AM
I dont see how being fed the ball makes your stats empty. And the Bargs excuse isnt because hes by the 3pt line, its because hes a bad defensive rebounder(most rebounds are defensive ones so your positioning offensively is pretty irrelevant, also offensive rebounds are more dependent on the players role/skill moreso than his teammates). Even so, hes still a presence on the boards.

I agree, well put.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 04:00 AM
Question of trust perhaps?

Based on what i have seen in Miami, i don't see why there would be a lack of trust. Bosh has been very effecient when he has got the ball in his limited opportunities.

ink
12-29-2010, 04:09 AM
Based on what i have seen in Miami, i don't see why there would be a lack of trust. Bosh has been very effecient when he has got the ball in his limited opportunities.

About a month ago Wade was even saying that he and LBJ needed to run more ISOs for themselves. Why defer to a big who wants to shoot from midrange when you are one of the best slashers in the world?

Chronz
12-29-2010, 04:15 AM
I get that Wade and Bron are better options, but when the 3 got together it was suppose to be about sacrifice, as it stands both Bron and Wade have kept their routine domination of the ball/possessions, Bosh has really sacrificed and luckily for them hes found ways to have a dominant impact on the game regardless. Personally I think its something they are working out, Bron was a turnover machine and very wasteful early on, since then hes found ways to facilitate with precision, though it hasnt resulted in improved efficiency from Bosh yet Im hopeful it will.

Chronz
12-29-2010, 04:17 AM
A few of those comments were indecipherable but nevermind. No interest ...

Cliffnote version

What you consider a flaw in his game is in fact a strength

Hes STILL a rebounding presence to be respected

And hes the same player regardless, he was better offensively in Toronto but has been a beast defensively in Miami.

TFATLizard
12-29-2010, 04:18 AM
Agree!!

Wrong!
top 5 no particular order and don't give damn about age

Pau
Dirk
Amare
Timmy Duncan
Kevin Garnett

I could extend the list further, but its beating the same drum. Bosh's stats in toronto were overblown cuz Toronto is horrible. He IS over rated because he lacks a killer instinct and seems to get swallowed whole by elite PFs. not a great quality to have in a team that is contending.

ink
12-29-2010, 04:19 AM
What you consider a flaw in his game is in fact a strength

Your opinion.

ink
12-29-2010, 04:22 AM
Wrong!
top 5 no particular order and don't give damn about age

Pau
Dirk
Amare
Timmy Duncan
Kevin Garnett

I could extend the list further, but its beating the same drum. Bosh's stats in toronto were overblown cuz Toronto is horrible. He IS over rated because he lacks a killer instinct and seems to get swallowed whole by elite PFs. not a great quality to have in a team that is contending.

Agree with your top 5, in a different order with TD ahead of Amare, even at his age.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 04:22 AM
About a month ago Wade was even saying that he and LBJ needed to run more ISOs for themselves. Why defer to a big who wants to shoot from midrange when you are one of the best slashers in the world?

Have you seen the type of shots they take? They are difficult shots and they make it look easy. Sure they can use their individual talent more during the season but it is not easy to score they way they do offensively against the Celtics and Magic in the playoffs. Also, Bosh attacks the net when he gets the ball in the post, he's not just taking jumpshots like you think he is. Bosh is more than capable of attacking the net when he gets the ball and make high percentage shots.

Chronz
12-29-2010, 04:25 AM
Your opinion.

LOL nope, my opinion is that its ugly but I cannot deny the efficiency of it

aman_13
12-29-2010, 04:28 AM
Agree with your top 5, in a different order with TD ahead of Amare, even at his age.

Your opinion, but TD is no longer a top 5 pf.

ink
12-29-2010, 04:32 AM

Why not? That's the thing about his game: it's not based on athleticism so it ages well. He is pure skill and intelligence. Those things don't decline as quickly as other qualities.

Sadds The Gr8
12-29-2010, 04:34 AM

right now he's not playing like one, but i think he's just chillin til the playoffs. I think Pop is lettin the other guys carry the reg season load and savin TD for the playoffs.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 04:41 AM
Why not? That's the thing about his game: it's not based on athleticism so it ages well. He is pure skill and intelligence. Those things don't decline as quickly as other qualities.

He actually relies a lot on Parker and Ginobili now than he has ever before and doesn't dominate the low post anymore either. He gets beat a lot defensively because he doesn't have the quickness anymore. He faces up his opponents from what i have seen more than before. Your right about skill and intelligence, they don't decline as quickly which is why he is still one of the top pfs, just not top 5 in my opinion. That isn't a knock on him.

aman_13
12-29-2010, 04:42 AM
right now he's not playing like one, but i think he's just chillin til the playoffs. I think Pop is lettin the other guys carry the reg season load and savin TD for the playoffs.

We'll see i guess.

Lim
12-29-2010, 04:52 AM
bosh needs to grow his hair back too

lkingratedr
12-29-2010, 05:04 AM
i think in my personal opinion chris bosh is over rated. The only reason he put up those huge numbers in toronto was because he was the first if not only option. He was the best player on the worst team. This 18-8 or whatever he averaging is exactly where his stats should be for the rest of his career... Good player but this year he kinda getting exposed.

sarge1985
12-29-2010, 05:46 AM
Some of your comments are funny. Bottom line up front is that Bosh is serving his purpose. he wasn't brought to the Heat to put up 20+ every night. So what is wrong with that. IMO he's doing alot more than most people expected. He's playing D, rebounding and every now and then he gives you 20+. So get off his jock. Bosh will quietly perform his duties and in the long run he will sport some rings, like him or not.

Blazers#1Fan
12-29-2010, 06:26 AM
if he isnt overrated then what do we call Lamarcus Aldridge? he puts up better numbers then bosh and is the 2nd Option on the team behind Roy & sometimes Matthews

MY TOP 5 PF
1.Dirk
2.PAU
3.Griffin
4.DUNCAN
5.Aldridge

if Amare played PF in NYC he would be top 2 but im pretty sure he plays center there!

and since Roy has been out he has averaged close to 25ppg

John Walls Era
12-29-2010, 06:50 AM
i think in my personal opinion chris bosh is over rated. The only reason he put up those huge numbers in toronto was because he was the first if not only option. He was the best player on the worst team. This 18-8 or whatever he averaging is exactly where his stats should be for the rest of his career... Good player but this year he kinda getting exposed.

I don't even know what to say to this... I guess he got exposed during Christmas or the time when he dominated at the Garden :rolleyes:.

if he isnt overrated then what do we call Lamarcus Aldridge? he puts up better numbers then bosh and is the 2nd Option on the team behind Roy & sometimes Matthews

MY TOP 5 PF
1.Dirk
2.PAU
3.Griffin
4.DUNCAN
5.Aldridge

if Amare played PF in NYC he would be top 2 but im pretty sure he plays center there!

and since Roy has been out he has averaged close to 25ppg

Is this guy serious? Comparing a 2nd option with a 3rd option weakens your case. Aldridge is avg. 19 and 8 which is alright, but hes no where near as efficient and is one dimensional. Even Bargnani is avg 21 pts...

Heediot
12-29-2010, 08:06 AM
SF playing in a PF body. He's soft, gets abused by the more physical players. Thinks he's a franchise player but only got the Raps to one playoff appearence. Takes too much time to create his offense.

Heediot
12-29-2010, 08:08 AM
Depends on who's rating him, he's not worth the same amount as Lebron and Wade as his paycheque would suggest, but he's definitely a great 2nd/3rd option.

$$$$

Bottom line he ain't woroth the patcheck but the same can be said about 80 p-90 percent of the ballers out there. Like bron said the league is too watered down.

Heediot
12-29-2010, 08:10 AM

Pau
Duncan
KG
Dirk
Boozer
Amare

Heediot
12-29-2010, 08:11 AM

Better fit chemsitry wise for sure.

Heediot
12-29-2010, 08:14 AM
Funny how everyone ******** on Bosh as soon as he joined Miami.
People forgot that he averaged 24 and 11 last year.
He is averaging 20 and 10 in last 16 games. The only reason he doesn't average 24 PPG is just because he attempts less shots and he plays in much more low paced team right now. He is an elite player and easily a franchise player.
His defensive rating is 98 which is the biggest from Miami. He is underrated defender and guy who has high basketball IQ. I bet he is 2nd best defensive PF in NBA right now after Garnett (maybe Josh Smith also).
Bosh is underrated and will be underrated till the end of his career.

Alot of players can score and rebound. A good player is about efficiency. For example dude takes 10 seconds to create his offense. he stalls ball movement. His FG percentage could be higher for a premiere PF. He's a good individual talent in many facets but as a team player that can fit in chemistry wise he's lacking.

latinofire21
12-29-2010, 08:39 AM
But you love Love. IMO Bosh is more efficient

This is the worst excuse. The idea of swapping players doesn't work because the teams offense is tailored around Amare's skill set. Thats like saying: Switch Rondo with Calderon. Boston would still be over .500 and Raptors would still be under .500. That doesn't mean Calderon = Rondo.

THAT IS A TERRIBLE COMPARISON. Calderon and Rondo arent in the same league of caliber players. Amare and Bosh are somewhat similar. Amare has a better offensive game and Bosh has a better Defensive game.

The comparison listed by the original poster is accurate. Bosh was the man in Toronto. He had pieces around him and couldnt do anything. The team was tailored for him and he quit on them.

This is Amares first year with the knicks as the man and he has lead them to a better record then Bosh has ever led the Raptors.

Its quite obvious he isnt a franchise player but a great second option. When you have teams game planning for two of the leagues top players making him the third option to worry about is why his efficiency is so high. He isnt an All Star player.

geraptor
12-29-2010, 09:05 AM
one thing you cant have is double standards
i hate how on one hand his stats supposed to be inflated last year cause the raps were horrible
then again when its about leadership its said that he did not lead a decent team to the playoffs

bottom line is he averaged 24/11 while being efficient with it

geraptor
12-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Alot of players can score and rebound. A good player is about efficiency. For example dude takes 10 seconds to create his offense. he stalls ball movement. His FG percentage could be higher for a premiere PF. He's a good individual talent in many facets but as a team player that can fit in chemistry wise he's lacking.

that has changed

this year he is very decisive when he catches the ball

Mr Grim
12-29-2010, 09:50 AM
You are nothing but another hater who is blinded by your envy, stop whining already- lebron just want to be a heat and not a knick learn to get over it.

How exactly was he whining very original poster with an over used joker pic? He said he was happy STAT came to the knicks because he's a great fit and Bosh and his style of game wouldnt have been.

As for the Heat, since Haslem went down you lost your inforcer and which Bosh should have been from day one. Im with Shaq when he said one of the softest big men is Bosh.

HiphopRelated
12-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Pau
Duncan
KG
Dirk
Boozer
Amare

no

alencp3
12-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Blake Griffin is the best PF in the game

Haters gonna hate, but the dude owned all of your teams and the Clippers are starting to catch up

mttwlsn16
12-29-2010, 10:12 AM
TOP 5 PF right now..
Dirk
Pau
Him.. Imo

nooo effing way bosh is better than blake griffin...and theres plenty otheres better too

mttwlsn16
12-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Blake Griffin is the best PF in the game

Haters gonna hate, but the dude owned all of your teams and the Clippers are starting to catch up

thank you...someone who finally makes sense

Heediot
12-29-2010, 10:17 AM
no

The NBA is a team game. They all fit better to their respective teams Chemistry wise. At this point Bosh may be a better individual talent than lets say Garnett or Duncan, but Duuncan is still effective and opens up the floor for others. KG's D is as stifflin' as ever. Boozer is efficient at one thing, socring in the post. Yes Bosh is a better individual talent, but Boozer would still be a better fit for the heat. Amare has proven he could win more than Bosh can and his numbers have always been better than Bosh's. They both suck at D, but I'll give Bosh the edge there.

Bosh is a good individual talent, however he does not play his position well. He plays more like a small forward. Don't get me wrong, you don't win with players like Bosh. The heat would still be just as effective with lets say guys like david lee, kevin love, or any above average PF.

SteBO
12-29-2010, 10:17 AM
How exactly was he whining very original poster with an over used joker pic? He said he was happy STAT came to the knicks because he's a great fit and Bosh and his style of game wouldnt have been.

As for the Heat, since Haslem went down you lost your inforcer and which Bosh should have been from day one. Im with Shaq when he said one of the softest big men is Bosh.

He was definitely bitter in that post man. It was pretty clear to me. BTW, we've won 15 of 16. I think we're good right now. Shaq can call Bosh whatever he wants. He says classless things to keep himself relevant.

S-Dot
12-29-2010, 10:22 AM
I wouldn't build a team around Bosh by himself like the Raptors tried to do, but he's a perfect player to help King James and Wade win games, though that's not saying much. He's doing very well as of lately.

Heediot
12-29-2010, 10:22 AM
My advice to you kid, -- WATCH him PLAY today!

Gees.. If people like you actually watch the heat's game play today before thinking about criticizing-- you won't post ******** comments like this.

I live in Toronto and have seen plenty of Bosh from years prior. I haven't watched as much heat games this year. But I have seen plenty of Bosh thank you. Of course with leBron and Wade needing the ball to be effective, Bosh probably has to adjust his game. In Toronto he did not trust his teammates, therefore he stalled the offensive ball movement. Is he a good player yes. A goof PF no. He's overrated to a extent. Over-paid just like most of the league.

SteBO
12-29-2010, 10:25 AM
The NBA is a team game. They all fit better to their respective teams Chemistry wise. At this point Bosh may be a better individual talent than lets say Garnett or Duncan, but Duuncan is still effective and opens up the floor for others. KG's D is as stifflin' as ever. Boozer is efficient at one thing, socring in the post. Yes Bosh is a better individual talent, but Boozer would still be a better fit for the heat. Amare has proven he could win more than Bosh can and his numbers have always been better than Bosh's. They both suck at D, but I'll give Bosh the edge there.

Bosh is a good individual talent, however he does not play his position well. He plays more like a small forward. Don't get me wrong, you don't win with players like Bosh. The heat would still be just as effective with lets say guys like david lee, kevin love, or any above average PF.

No offense, but this entire paragraph is absurd. Bosh has been averaging 20 and 10 in his last 16 games. He plays his position as well as anyone else in the league and to say you don't win with players like Bosh is ridiculous. I guess that means you don't win with players like Amare.

Amare hasn't proven anything. He played with Steve Nash during his entire career and won nothing, while Bosh played with Jose Calderon and Jarret Jack. Seriously, the comparison alone is silly considering Bosh is a third option, while Amare is first on his team. BTW, if your third option is averaging 18 and 9, you're in good shape. That's just the reality.

SteBO
12-29-2010, 10:27 AM
I live in Toronto and have seen plenty of Bosh from years prior. I haven't watched as much heat games this year. But I have seen plenty of Bosh thank you. Of course with leBron and Wade needing the ball to be effective, Bosh probably has to adjust his game. In Toronto he did not trust his teammates, therefore he stalled the offensive ball movement. Is he a good player yes. A goof PF no. He's overrated to a extent. Over-paid just like most of the league.

He's better than a lot of power forwards in the league. You tell me who's better and then we'll talk.

Heediot
12-29-2010, 10:28 AM
I wouldn't build a team around Bosh by himself like the Raptors tried to do, but he's a perfect player to help King James and Wade win games, though that's not saying much. He's doing very well as of lately.

He's is not the perfect playe for the third wheel. A good low post banger and a guy that Can D up on other bigs would be better. He is a nice piece to have, but overrated at the price and bang for the buck and chemistry wise. Worth the first Max, not the additional max contract.

The league is not just about talent its the combination of talent AND CHEMISTRY.

Heediot
12-29-2010, 10:30 AM
He's better than a lot of power forwards in the league. You tell me who's better and then we'll talk.

In terms of being an individual talent he might be a top 5 PF. But in terms of being effective at his position he's not top 5. He's a small forward stuck in a PF's body. Like I repeatedly say, he's not a guy you can win with becuase it's hard to fit him in Chemistry wise.

SteBO
12-29-2010, 10:30 AM
He's is not the perfect playe for the third wheel. A good low post banger and a guy that Can D up on other bigs would be better. He is a nice piece to have, but overrated at the price and bang for the buck and chemistry wise. Worth the first Max, not the additional max contract.

The league is not just about talent its the combination of talent AND CHEMISTRY.

Bosh is arguably the best third option you can have. You tell me third options that put up his numbers

Heediot
12-29-2010, 10:32 AM
No offense, but this entire paragraph is absurd. Bosh has been averaging 20 and 10 in his last 16 games. He plays his position as well as anyone else in the league and to say you don't win with players like Bosh is ridiculous. I guess that means you don't win with players like Amare.

Amare hasn't proven anything. He played with Steve Nash during his entire career and won nothing, while Bosh played with Jose Calderon and Jarret Jack. Seriously, the comparison alone is silly considering Bosh is a third option, while Amare is first on his team. BTW, if your third option is averaging 18 and 9, you're in good shape. That's just the reality.

How many times has Bosh led the Raptors to the playoffs??

Heediot
12-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Bosh is arguably the best third option you can have. You tell me third options that put up his numbers

I'm not disputing that, but a cheaper option could be just as effective with an above average PF no?

SteBO
12-29-2010, 10:35 AM
How many times has Bosh led the Raptors to the playoffs??

He's led them twice to the playoffs, both as 6th seeds I think and 47 wins. He played with Jose Calderon and Jarret Jack as his perimeter playmakers. How can you possibly expect him to lead that team? I know he isn't a number one option, but he's one the best if not the best third option out there. You can't dispute that.

Knicks21
12-29-2010, 10:36 AM

Yes he is the best but i would be thinking twice paying my 3rd option 14.5 million.

Heediot
12-29-2010, 10:39 AM
He's led them twice to the playoffs, both as 6th seeds I think and 47 wins. He played with Jose Calderon and Jarret Jack as his perimeter playmakers. How can you possibly expect him to lead that team? I know he isn't a number one option, but he's one the best if not the best third option out there. You can't dispute that.

He led to them to the playoffs ONCE. He still had enough talent for atleast multiple playoff appearnces in a weak East that a alot of teams sub or hovering 500 making the playoffs the last decade. He is worth the first Max not the continuing second max. I wouldn't pay the big second max to a guy that couldn't sniff the playoffs more than once. That is why he is overrated. I'm not saying he's not good. Just saying.

SteBO
12-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Yes he is the best but i would be thinking twice paying my 3rd option 14.5 million.

That I can agree with. We could've paid him less and gotten some better pieces after, even I can see that.

Heediot
12-29-2010, 10:41 AM
That I can agree with. We could've paid him less and gotten some better pieces after, even I can see that.

That's why he is overrated. He's a good player and a good talent don't get me wrong. I wouldn;t have him on my team becuase I prefer Chemistry as well.

SteBO
12-29-2010, 10:41 AM
He led to them to the playoffs ONCE. He still had enough talent for atleast multiple playoff appearnces in a weak East that a alot of teams sub or hovering 500 making the playoffs the last decade. He is worth the first Max not the continuing second max. I wouldn't pay the big second max to a guy that couldn't sniff the playoffs more than once. That is why he is overrated. I'm not saying he's not good. Just saying.

TWICE. First round series against Orlando one year. Then against New Jersey.

Heediot
12-29-2010, 10:43 AM
TWICE. First round series against Orlando one year. Then against New Jersey.

what year was the orlando year?

Heediot
12-29-2010, 10:45 AM
my bad you are right twice!

SteBO
12-29-2010, 10:45 AM
what year was the orlando year?

I'm pretty sure it was 2006-2007. Spurs won the chip that year.

SteBO
12-29-2010, 10:46 AM
my bad you are right twice!

That's alright. You're forgiven :)

Heediot
12-29-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm pretty sure it was 2006-2007. Spurs won the chip that year.

cool. thanks.

Knicks21
12-29-2010, 10:47 AM

The reason why they had to pay him so much is because he was bait for Lebron, if he didn't choose to go to miami then things may have been different. Bosh's role in this years free agency was bigger than any ones.

Heediot
12-29-2010, 10:49 AM
The reason why they had to pay him so much is because he was bait for Lebron, if he didn't choose to go to miami then things may have been different. Bosh's role in this years free agency was bigger than any ones.

Can't really blame Bosh. It's the system. The league is watered down, thats why there are so many over-paid players.

SteBO
12-29-2010, 10:50 AM

This. Bosh was def the catalist here. Wade and LeBron knew he could be a legit second option. Once he agreed to Miami, it made Wade's decision easy and know the rest.

Knicks21
12-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Can't really blame Bosh. It's the system. The league is watered down, thats why there are so many over-paid players.

Not blaming the man im giving props to him for cashing in his paycheck. Bosh would come out of this as the happiest of them all. Winning team, Miami, and on top of it, he gobbles up 25 % of the teams salary. Well played Mr. Bosh ;)

Heediot
12-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Not blaming the man im giving props to him for cashing in his paycheck. Bosh would come out of this as the happiest of them all. Winning team, Miami, and on top of it, he gobbles up 25 % of the teams salary. Well played Mr. Bosh ;)

Sorry bad phrasing, nothing against what you said only putting it into context. I Shoulda said I don't blame Bosh.

Focused1
12-29-2010, 11:01 AM

Are You saying This Now Because of the Start Love Is Having, cuz I doubt You Were Saying That Miami Should sign Love At The End Of Last Season.
Lets Be Real About Things Yo.

People Are Saying Amare Over Bosh And That's Their Opinion But Do You Think Amare Would Have 30 Or More Points A Night Being On Miami, Playing Behind Wade and Lebron? Ya Effin Right, He'd Be 3rd Option Too. So to Answer The Question I'm Not Quite sure Folks Are Calling Him Over Rated As He's Not Dude Is Just Playing His Position Which Is To Complement The other 2.

S-Dot
12-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Are You saying This Now Because of the Start Love Is Having, cuz I doubt You Were Saying That Miami Should sign Love At The End Of Last Season.

People Are Saying Amare Over Bosh And That's Their Opinion But Do You Think Amare Would Have 30 Or More Points A Night Being On Miami, Playing Behind Wade and Lebron? Ya Effin Right, He'd Be 3rd Option Too. So to Answer The Question I'm Not Quite sure Folks Are Calling Him Over Rated As He's Not Dude Is Just Playing His Position Which Is To Complement The other 2.

I agree; I think Amare is much more suited to be a 1st or 2nd option than Bosh. However, if I had to choose which one is suited to be a better 3rd option (like the lucky Miami Heat:facepalm:) I would have to choose Bosh because of his style of play

Heediot
12-29-2010, 11:08 AM

Love would be a better comlement offensively and for rebounding. They Both struggle defensively, but Bosh can handle the softer PF's. I belive love is better Chemistry wise as we consider Miami's weaknesses. As for Amare , I think Bosh is a better fit than Amare for Miami. But I would still rather have Amare over Bosh if I were starting a team.

Flash3
12-29-2010, 11:12 AM

he actually led them to a third seed once. which makes it more impressive.

lvlheaded
12-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Bosh is a very good player. Plain and simple. The reason people feel he is over rated though is his contract. He is getting paid the same as LeBron and Wade and he isnt on that level. He isnt the type of player you can build a team around IMO which is why he is a perfect fit in Miami. He doesnt have to be the corner stone of their franchise, he can just be a superior role player. However, im not sure he is still a top 5 PF. Last year he was but as of now I would say...

1.Dirk
2.Pau
3.KG
4.Amar'e
5.Griffin
6.Love

Have all played better than Bosh this year. Now yes, this is also indicative of them being a 1st or 2nd option on their respective teams but IMO these 6 are all better than Bosh right now. Just my opinion.

Heediot
12-29-2010, 11:14 AM
he actually led them to a third seed once. which makes it more impressive.

A 47 win third seed. He never sniffed the second round.

Heediot
12-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Bosh is a very good player. Plain and simple. The reason people feel he is over rated though is his contract. He is getting paid the same as LeBron and Wade and he isnt on that level. He isnt the type of player you can build a team around IMO which is why he is a perfect fit in Miami. He doesnt have to be the corner stone of their franchise, he can just be a superior role player. However, im not sure he is still a top 5 PF. Last year he was but as of now I would say...

1.Dirk
2.Pau
3.KG
4.Amar'e
5.Griffin
6.Love

Have all played better than Bosh this year. Now yes, this is also indicative of them being a 1st or 2nd option on their respective teams but IMO these 6 are all better than Bosh right now. Just my opinion.

If he's the perfect would the heat record not be better? Would their low-post deficiencies be apparent if he were the perfect fit.

ragee
12-29-2010, 11:18 AM
He was overrated probably before this season... I don't think anyone, not even Heat fans, is overrating him today...

Flash3
12-29-2010, 11:21 AM
A 47 win third seed. He never sniffed the second round.

they took them to game 6 and lost to a tough shot by jefferson. i would call that "sniffed"

Heediot
12-29-2010, 11:22 AM
they took them to game 6 and lost to a tough shot by jefferson. i would call that "sniffed"

I don't know about you but sniff to me means making the second round.

lvlheaded
12-29-2010, 11:23 AM
If he's the perfect would the heat record not be better? Would their low-post deficiencies be apparent if he were the perfect fit.

24-9 is a hell of a record, and im not saying he is a perfect PLAYER, im saying he is perfect for the Heat. As long as there is a superior low post defender on their team, Bosh is fine.

And Im a Knick fan so dont attack me. I was just putting into perspective why some people feel Bosh is overrated and who I feel are better PF's than him

Heediot
12-29-2010, 11:27 AM
24-9 is a hell of a record, and im not saying he is a perfect PLAYER, im saying he is perfect for the Heat. As long as there is a superior low post defender on their team, Bosh is fine.

And Im a Knick fan so dont attack me. I was just putting into perspective why some people feel Bosh is overrated and who I feel are better PF's than him

No attack. If i sound offensive then pardon me. Given the availabilities in FA, Boozer or Lee would be a better fit, however Bosh was needed to lure Lebron down South.

Edit** A low post scorer is vital towards a Championship team, so I'm not sure how succesful they will be come playoff time.

Flash3
12-29-2010, 11:29 AM
I don't know about you but sniff to me means making the second round.

idk to me it means coming close but not touching it yet thus only getting a sniff.

Heediot
12-29-2010, 11:31 AM
idk to me it means coming close but not touching it yet thus only getting a sniff.

Cool.

chitownbulls
12-29-2010, 11:32 AM

1. Dirk
2. Amare
3. Boozer
4. Pau
5. Love
6. does griffin count?
7. Garnett
8. Bosh

Flash3
12-29-2010, 11:40 AM
1. Dirk
2. Amare
3. Boozer
4. Pau
5. Love
6. does griffin count?
7. Garnett
8. Bosh

now tell us where he ranked before he refused to sign with the bulls :rolleyes:

lvlheaded
12-29-2010, 11:43 AM
No attack. If i sound offensive then pardon me. Given the availabilities in FA, Boozer or Lee would be a better fit, however Bosh was needed to lure Lebron down South.

Edit** A low post scorer is vital towards a Championship team, so I'm not sure how succesful they will be come playoff time.

I can agree with this. Boozer definitely would have been a better fit for them. I actually didnt even think about Boozer. But Bosh was necessary for them to lure LeBron.

As for playoff time, I have questioned the same thing. Especially in a long series with a team like Boston that has so many options down low with KG, Big Baby, Perkins, and Edrih or however that is spelled. Riley is gonna have to find a way to get a better low post scorer on that team by the deadline if they are gonna make noise in the playoffs

Shamar81
12-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Bosh is a good player. He's not over rated at all. But some of the hate i see for amare is crazy. Look at his numbers and watch him play hes a top 5 pf period. Bosh cant do want amare can do, there not the same type of player. You cant even compare the two really. All I know is Bosh thrives as a second or in this case a third option. He's not a number option and when he was he couldnt get the raptors on the playoffs. I like Bosh's game and im not hating on him at all. But he's not top 5 this season. Not how TD, Dirk, Amare, Blake Griffin (yeah I said it) and Love are playing. You can put Kg and Boozer and Gasol in there to.

Kyben36
12-29-2010, 11:58 AM
He is no super star, I comsider him a good/great 2nd option, but he is in no way a #1. with that said, in Miami, he doesnt have to be #1 or #2. the problem for them is getting wade and Lebron to play together, which is hard, considering how similar they both are to one another. both need the ball. Back to bosh though, I would not say he is over rated, I would say his rebounding ability is a bit over rated, becuase in Toronto, he was the only guy on the team who tried with Bargs wanting to be be gordon. but otherwise, he is a very good player.

SteBO
12-29-2010, 12:07 PM
He is no super star, I comsider him a good/great 2nd option, but he is in no way a #1. with that said, in Miami, he doesnt have to be #1 or #2. the problem for them is getting wade and Lebron to play together, which is hard, considering how similar they both are to one another. both need the ball. Back to bosh though, I would not say he is over rated, I would say his rebounding ability is a bit over rated, becuase in Toronto, he was the only guy on the team who tried with Bargs wanting to be be gordon. but otherwise, he is a very good player.

It's not a problem anymore.

Flash3
12-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Bosh is a good player. He's not over rated at all. But some of the hate i see for amare is crazy. Look at his numbers and watch him play hes a top 5 pf period. Bosh cant do want amare can do, there not the same type of player. You cant even compare the two really. All I know is Bosh thrives as a second or in this case a third option. He's not a number option and when he was he couldnt get the raptors on the playoffs. I like Bosh's game and im not hating on him at all. But he's not top 5 this season. Not how TD, Dirk, Amare, Blake Griffin (yeah I said it) and Love are playing. You can put Kg and Boozer and Gasol in there to.

How is he playing this season ?

DwayneMVPwade
12-29-2010, 12:14 PM
I watched bosh play for 7 years and I would say that alone he is dominant force. Not many big man could guard bosh. However, now that he is the 3 option his touches has gone down. He is no franchaise player because he could not lead the Raps past the first round, but he is an allstar player.

PF Rankings: Dirk
Amare
Gasol
Bosh

justinnum1
12-29-2010, 12:15 PM

:facepalm: Still with this? Have you seen a heat game lately?

Flash3
12-29-2010, 12:16 PM
now that you bring it up love > amar'e this year

PhillySportFan
12-29-2010, 12:20 PM
I am only bias to 1 team, that's the Sixers and even to them I try to be as objective as possible. Chris Bosh just had a ton of bad things swirling around him since he joined the Heat, media wise/public perception. I think he said some dumb things, did some dumb things and people now generally hate the Heat so all that combined and he had a bad start to the season so he's become kind of become overrated in people's minds just looking at all those things I spoke of. People forget what he's done since he's been in the league. People get to caught up in media crap.

Any team should be happy to have Chris Bosh playing PF for them. End of story.

Kyben36
12-29-2010, 12:30 PM
:facepalm: Still with this? Have you seen a heat game lately?

No, I have not, but the way I see it, it should not be that hard to shut them down, both are not much of a threat from deep, with that said, before miller came back, the 3pt shooting wasnt there, so defenses could just colapse in on them both. without a player to kick it out to, they would be in trouble, with miller back now, it opens more things up, but from what i have heard, he hasnt played well at all (again, I havnt been watching) but without a 3pt shooter, it should not be that hard to prevent them from driving, thus, limiting both of the.

Vincent
12-29-2010, 12:32 PM
I think my point earlier of him not being a top5 PF in the league, pertains more to his production than his age/skillset.

Top 5 PF in my opinion - in no order
1. Dirk
2. Paul Gasol
3. Amar'e
4. Blake Griffin
5. Kevin Love

PF in the same boat with Bosh
Boozer
Josh Smith
David Lee
Kevin Garnett

Distant but deadly
Tim Duncan

Now I'm not saying that I'd take all those guys over Bosh, but last year around this time, there was no dispute over whether Bosh was in the top 5. Just saying.

SteBO
12-29-2010, 12:33 PM
No, I have not, but the way I see it, it should not be that hard to shut them down, both are not much of a threat from deep, with that said, before miller came back, the 3pt shooting wasnt there, so defenses could just colapse in on them both. without a player to kick it out to, they would be in trouble, with miller back now, it opens more things up, but from what i have heard, he hasnt played well at all (again, I havnt been watching) but without a 3pt shooter, it should not be that hard to prevent them from driving, thus, limiting both of the.

Thank you for acknowledging that you haven't watched. Mike Miller hasn't played much so far, he won't really be integrated until three weeks from now. Considering we're 24-9, I think we've done well.

HiphopRelated
12-29-2010, 12:40 PM
since you didn't watch the Heat, ease up on the critique

You're incorrect, let's leave it at that

Rivera
12-29-2010, 12:45 PM
in my mind chris bosh is sligthly overrated...part cause of his pay....part because people call him an elite player when he could barley lead the raptors to the playoffs....as the man his teams were never competitive....hes soft and people love bashing on a soft player....for all the attention he got this summer at best hes a 2nd option on a contending team....one thing ive learned from this site is just because u average 25 ppg during a season doesnt mean ur an elite player or superstar...and that chris bosh isnt...

chris bosh is a verry good player i would want him on my team as the 2nd option or 3rd option but NOT as the #1 option on my team....before the season people were sayin chris bosh is a top 10 or 15 player when i have him outside the top 15 but in the top 20...just slightly overrated...

Shamar81
12-29-2010, 12:53 PM
How is he playing this season ?

The spurs have the best record in the NBA. Go look at TD numbers. I like Bosh but TD is rebounding sccoring and blocking shots better than Bosh

Flash3
12-29-2010, 01:04 PM
The spurs have the best record in the NBA. Go look at TD numbers. I like Bosh but TD is rebounding sccoring and blocking shots better than Bosh

timmy is avg 13 and 9 son.

J_M_B
12-29-2010, 01:13 PM

Bosh: http://www.nba.com/playerfile/chris_bosh/

Duncan: http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tim_duncan/

Flash3
12-29-2010, 01:20 PM
speachless.....

Rivera
12-29-2010, 01:29 PM
speachless.....

tim duncan does have a better PER than bosh...better on the boards and defense to this season

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=boshch01&y1=2011&p2=duncati01&y2=2011

and mind u duncan is 34 n bosh is 28

EDIT: sorry bosh is 26

XskwizitMC
12-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Just my personal take but he isnt considered in the upper echelon of power forwards in the NBA (Garnett, Gasol, Amare, Dirk), perception that his statistics were skewed for him playing on a bad team and his contract. With Great contract come great criticizm.

footballer2369
12-29-2010, 01:42 PM
tim duncan does have a better PER than bosh...better on the boards and defense to this season

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=boshch01&y1=2011&p2=duncati01&y2=2011

and mind u duncan is 34 n bosh is 28

EDIT: sorry bosh is 26

And Bosh has the much better TS%, ortg, and WS/48... Bosh is more efficient in his role, easily.

boozdawg
12-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Boozer is going to absolutely tear Bosh a new one.

SteBO
12-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Boozer is going to absolutely tear Bosh a new one.

No. Length always bothers Boozer. It would be tough for him to get quality shots over Bosh.

Rivera
12-29-2010, 01:54 PM
And Bosh has the much better TS%, ortg, and WS/48... Bosh is more efficient in his role, easily.

lets get 3 things straight

1) bosh is 26 years old...duncan is 34 years old....a 26 year old bosh couldnt touch a 26 year old Tim Duncan....lets get that straight

2) Tim Duncan at 34 years old is a much better and more reliable defender than chris bosh at any point so far in chris boshes career

3) yes bosh may be the slightly better offensive player right now...bosh mayb "more effecient" at age 26 than duncan is at 34...but hes supposed to be....but i bet if i compared both players at age 26...it wouldnt be close who the better player is...on offense and defense

and that shows you how "overrated" chris bosh is......that a 34 year old tim duncan is just as good as a 26 year old chris bosh

SteBO
12-29-2010, 02:01 PM

1) bosh is 26 years old...duncan is 34 years old....a 26 year old bosh couldnt touch a 26 year old Tim Duncan....lets get that straight

2) Tim Duncan at 34 years old is a much better and more reliable defender than chris bosh at any point so far in chris boshes career

3) yes bosh may be the slightly better offensive player right now...bosh mayb "more effecient" at age 26 than duncan is at 34...but hes supposed to be....but i bet if i compared both players at age 26...it wouldnt be close who the better player is...on offense and defense

and that shows you how "overrated" chris bosh is......that a 34 year old tim duncan is just as good as a 26 year old chris bosh

Probably should have bolded the entire post, but that part stands out. The bolded is kinda irrelevant. All he said was Bosh is more efficient in his role right now, which is the truth tbh.

HiphopRelated
12-29-2010, 02:03 PM

1. Timmy is the greatest PF ever. Dwight can't touch a 26 yr old Shaq. Point is, this is an irrelevant statement

2. very debatable.

3. That's a joke, he's a FAR superior offensive player this year. Timmy doesn't have his mobility anymore

Rivera
12-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Probably should have bolded the entire post, but that part stands out. The bolded is kinda irrelevant. All he said was Bosh is more efficient in his role right now, which is the truth tbh.

just because a player is "more efficent" doesnt make him better

SteBO
12-29-2010, 02:07 PM
just because a player is "more efficent" doesnt make him better

I know. That wasn't my point. But I can't honestly say Duncan's better than Bosh right now either, bt even that's kinda silly because Duncan doesn't play as many minutes as Bosh. If we were to get the same minutes, he'd be averaging more than 13 and 9, plus he is a better defender, so i get your point in that aspect.

Shamar81
12-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Bosh: http://www.nba.com/playerfile/chris_bosh/

Duncan: http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tim_duncan/

all you proved is that he scores more. He still rebounds more than him blocks more shots and has more impact than Bosh.

Shamar81
12-29-2010, 02:14 PM
speachless.....

IM back are you telling me that Bosh is better than Tim Duncan???

Rivera
12-29-2010, 02:14 PM
1. Timmy is the greatest PF ever. Dwight can't touch a 26 yr old Shaq. Point is, this is an irrelevant statement

2. very debatable.

3. That's a joke, he's a FAR superior offensive player this year

to ur 2nd point....the heat is the #1 defensive team in the NBA...if i remember correctly the spurs are the 16th ranked team in the NBA...i dont know if u know anything abt DRTG but for those who dont know thats more of a team thing than it is individual....it does take into account a persons personal defense but this number can get skwed because of team defense...with that being said and the heat as the #1 defensive team and the spurs to be somewhere in the middle...and that both bosh and duncan have the same defensive rating...and duncans DRB% TRB% STL% and BLK%are all better than bosh...how can that point be debated???

and with point 3 i said if u compared bosh at 26 to timmy at 26 it isnt close whose the better defensive player...thats a joke??? if it is then go do some research...

timmy still has his patented bank shot and runner through the lane...timmy can still knock down the open J...so i wouldnt call bosh a "far superior" offensive player at there current ages

Flash3
12-29-2010, 02:18 PM
all you proved is that he scores more. He still rebounds more than him blocks more shots and has more impact than Bosh.

not by much,

Flash3
12-29-2010, 02:18 PM
IM back are you telling me that Bosh is better than Tim Duncan???

yes.

Flash3
12-29-2010, 02:20 PM

duncan at 26 would take a **** on any pf that ever existed.

Rivera
12-29-2010, 02:27 PM
duncan at 26 would take a **** on any pf that ever existed.

so y are u and ur heat fans are trying to pretend that hes better than tim duncan??? he isnt even better than tim duncan today

Flash3
12-29-2010, 02:44 PM
so y are u and ur heat fans are trying to pretend that hes better than tim duncan??? he isnt even better than tim duncan today

i think he's better now

aman_13
12-29-2010, 02:47 PM
It seem like everyone just wants to be politically correct when discussing Duncan. He's not playing like a top 5 pf anymore.

SteBO
12-29-2010, 02:49 PM

Yes, he is. We're not pretending. It's reality.