PDA

View Full Version : Who (if anyone) Will Solve the Bulls Shooting Guard Woes

Weeks
12-28-2010, 09:49 PM
The JR Smith rumors have been here the whole time, but there are some new ones gaining momentum like:
OJ Mayo
Courtney Lee
Stephen Jackson (I don't see how the contracts would workout w/o giving up to much)

As of now the best fit I think would be Jackson since he can shoot and doesn't command the ball in his hands all the time. Does that mean he's my preferred choice? No. I would gladly take any of these guys but right now my order would be have to be: Mayo, Jackson, Lee, Smith. But honestly any of these options would be fine. The only thing I don't want though is to involve Ronnie Brewer in a Smith or Lee trade.

So what do you think?

Feel free to post any trade rumors/ideas/opinions etc. here.

llemon
12-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Kurt Thomas and James Johnson for Anthony Morrow.

Weeks
12-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I would love that. Don't know if Morrow is on the block though, but with a newly acquired Sasha I could see it happening since the Nets gave up one of their vet bigs in Joe Smith.

Sixerlover
12-28-2010, 09:59 PM
S Jax would work for them this year. He always plays well when he first gets traded / signed to a new team.

llemon
12-28-2010, 10:03 PM
S Jax would work for them this year. He always plays well when he first gets traded / signed to a new team.

What would Bulls send back?

hugepatsfan
12-28-2010, 10:03 PM
I liked Courtney Lee when he was in ORL. I think he could be a good compliment to the rest of their team. Ideally, they could find someone that can do a better job of creating their own shot, but Bogans is not acceptable at all, so whatever they can get they should take.

Chi StateOfMind
12-28-2010, 10:05 PM
OJ Mayo or S Jax

Chronz
12-28-2010, 10:06 PM
What makes you think Jax doesnt need the ball any more than these guys?

Weeks
12-28-2010, 10:10 PM
What would Bulls send back?

This (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2f6ya8d) would work.

If you can't see it for whatever reason, this is the trade:

Chi Receives:
S. Jackson

Cha Receives:
R. Brewer
K. Thomas
J. Johnson

assisi805
12-28-2010, 10:13 PM
O.J mayo should be the top choice but i'd like Lee, Any rookie who can guard/give Kobe as hard a time as he did in the finals three years two year ago should be given a chance he's just not getting in HOU plus hes young and cheap, Steph Jack is a who knows what your gonna get type of player he should be avoided.

Weeks
12-28-2010, 10:13 PM
For the salaries to work out the Bulls would have to give up either Korver, Watson, or Brewer then two of their cheap role players.

210Don
12-28-2010, 10:15 PM
oj mayo if any. hes younger they could keep him for longer all the other guys would be bad moves.

Gators123
Trade Rose for Wade

Weeks
What makes you think Jax doesnt need the ball any more than these guys?
Mayo strikes me as more of a 'slasher' so I feel that he would need the ball more than Jax who is more of a shooter.

But sorry if I seemed unclear, Jax definitely needs the ball more than Lee, and some would say JR.

black1605
12-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Anything that gives the Bobcats their pick back works for me.

MSU4life
12-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Lee-defense and a spot up shooter (cheaperand easier to get)
OR
Captin jack-another scoring threat and an experienced vet

joeboow90
12-28-2010, 10:18 PM
This has been their big question mark ever since MJ left. I think Mayo would be a good fit next to Rose.

toovey107
12-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Mayo, of course.

MSU4life
12-28-2010, 10:22 PM
This has been their big question mark ever since MJ left. I think Mayo would be a good fit next to Rose.

:clap:

OaklandsFinest
12-28-2010, 10:22 PM
how bout sending Deng to Indiana for Granger and sending Kurt Thomas, Watson, Bogans, and Korver to Philly for Igoudala. looks like this http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=29tfauo

Weeks
12-28-2010, 10:25 PM
how bout sending Deng to Indiana for Granger and sending Kurt Thomas, Watson, Bogans, and Korver to Philly for Igoudala. looks like this http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=29tfauo

As much as I love that, no reason at all Indy would give up Granger for Deng.

OaklandsFinest
12-28-2010, 10:31 PM
throw in a couple draft picks.... or you could try this, Clips might do it just to get rid of Baron and his contract http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2cesus5

Flash3
12-28-2010, 10:34 PM
move rose to sg. and now you only have to worry about a pg problem :D

Weeks
12-28-2010, 10:34 PM
That would be great. If Bulls ever did acquire B-Diddy and he wasn't OK with a bench role then they should dump him for a a backup PG and C.

Don't know how probable that is though since Gordon has been tearing it up this year, and Aminu seems like Luol Deng 2.0

ChiSox219
12-28-2010, 10:40 PM
No to Stephen Jackson and JR Smith, I'd rather just stick with Bogans/Brewer/Korver.

OJ Mayo is interesting, good outside shooter, capable second ball handler/creator, plenty of upside. The Grizzlies were supposedly asking for Taj Gibson, James Johnson, Omer Asik, and the Bobcats 1st. I think if they accept that deal without Asik the Bulls should move if the long term financials are ok.

I don't think the Bulls really need to do anything, the core of Rose, Noah, Boozer, Deng are all locked up for 4 years. If the Bulls are patient they can snag a solid SG for pennies on the dollar and hold onto Taj, Asik, and the Bobcats pick.

210Don
12-28-2010, 10:42 PM
No to Stephen Jackson and JR Smith, I'd rather just stick with Bogans/Brewer/Korver.

OJ Mayo is interesting, good outside shooter, capable second ball handler/creator, plenty of upside. The Grizzlies were supposedly asking for Taj Gibson, James Johnson, Omer Asik, and the Bobcats 1st. I think if they accept that deal without Asik the Bulls should move if the long term financials are ok.

I don't think the Bulls really need to do anything, the core of Rose, Noah, Boozer, Deng are all locked up for 4 years. If the Bulls are patient they can snag a solid SG for pennies on the dollar and hold onto Taj, Asik, and the Bobcats pick.

are you a chan? i am .:clap:

TO Rapz
12-28-2010, 10:43 PM
Dear customers, thank you for your support of our company.
Here, there's good news to tell you: The company recently
launched a number of new fashion items! ! Fashionable
and welcome everyone to come buy. If necessary, please
plut:==== tinyurl.com/37dndrf ======
We need your support and trust!
╰┘ 。 ┅★`_、
│\__╭╭╭╭╭__/│   
│ │            
│           │ 
│  ●       ● │ 
│≡    o    ≡│
│           │ 
╰┬O◤▽◥O┬╯
   |  o  |
   |╭---╮| ┌┬┬┬┐ 
╞╧╧╧╧══╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧

That could work but I think they need to throw in a draft pick.

Testaverde16
12-28-2010, 10:44 PM
go for lee... i think he needs a new team... only been on a different one every year.

fadedmario
12-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Isiah Rider

llemon
12-28-2010, 10:57 PM
This (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2f6ya8d) would work.

If you can't see it for whatever reason, this is the trade:

Chi Receives:
S. Jackson

Cha Receives:
R. Brewer
K. Thomas
J. Johnson

That would be Michael Jordan throwing in the towel. But I'm not saying it couldn't happen, because Jordan is the absolute worst NBA Exec since the last time Jordan was an NBA Exec.