PDA

View Full Version : Tyreke Evans Considering Season-Ending Foot Procedure

JordansBulls
12-28-2010, 06:45 PM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/12/28/tyreke-evans-considering-season-ending-foot-procedure/

"Hopefully (the plantar fasciitis) will go away soon," said Evans, whose 30-point outing against Memphis on Nov. 6 was his only other 30-plus point scoring game of the season. "I talked to my agent (Bob Myers) today, and I was thinking about (the procedure). ... He's going to let me know and we'll see what's up. I'll just keep that in mind, whether I want to just keep playing through it or get (the procedure) over with."

A source close to Evans said he had already decided to do the procedure which involves laser treatment soon, but the sudden rediscovery of his game and swagger might mean he delays the procedure until after the All-Star break or perhaps the offseason. Evans said Kings coach Paul Westphal indicated that he would be supportive of his player no matter the final decision.

"I talked to coach, and told him, 'If I have to a chance to (fix it), and that is my decision, would it be alright if I just get it done?'" Evans said. "He said, 'Yeah, just do whatever it takes to get healthy.' That's my main thing. Do whatever it takes to get healthy. Without my body, I can't perform, so that's the most important thing."

SA5195
12-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Might as well get it done. They won't go to the playoffs anyways, with all due respect. And they'll have a better chance to get a good draft pick to the addition of an already young team.

Ollie Tabooger
12-28-2010, 06:48 PM
**** he's on all 3 of my fantasy teams

The_Jamal
12-28-2010, 06:49 PM
It's really affecting his game, he can't get to the bucket with the same lift as he was last year. I'm fine with this, we're not going anywhere anyway, and our coach is a complete dumbshit playing vets trying to save his job. Making sure he's 100% next season with a new coach and our young core actually playing is more important than any game this year.

Flash3
12-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Hope he gets back to full strength next year.

OT Thriller
12-28-2010, 07:52 PM
**** he's on all 3 of my fantasy teams

Traded Evans and Al Thornton for Gerald Wallace and Wes Johnson earlier in the year.

:dance:

Cano4prez
12-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Might as well, the Kings aren't going anywhere

njnets
12-29-2010, 12:05 AM
might as well. kings aint making the playoffs. a better offseason with his teammates and any newcomers is probably more important than this regular season, especially the end of it when they are going to be out of the "hunt"

S-Dot
12-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Sad to see what's going on with this team right now, especially with the Webber and Divac era not too far in the past. It seems that they're drafting talent, but not players who mesh well with one another or the coaching staff. They may have to rebuild their current rebuilding process.

ATX
12-29-2010, 11:43 AM
I think he should focus on getting healthy for next year. The Kings will assuredly recieve a top 5 pick next year, and can go from there. This can open up some needed minutes for Garcia imo.

Weeks
12-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Do it after I trade you from my fantasy team.

heattiltheend94
12-29-2010, 01:52 PM
With Evans out, Kings will be lucky to win 18 games. Might actually be good, considering they get a top 4 pick automatically. Could become a nice team in 5 years time, if they continue to get high draft picks

S-Dot
12-29-2010, 02:48 PM
With Evans out, Kings will be lucky to win 18 games. Might actually be good, considering they get a top 4 pick automatically. Could become a nice team in 5 years time, if they continue to get high draft picks

you can build thru the draft like this, but DeMarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans have already proven to be head cases. Constant top 5 draft picks may not be the route to take. The process could take too long and by the time some of these guys develop, they can leave.

DerekRE_3
12-29-2010, 03:31 PM
you can build thru the draft like this, but DeMarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans have already proven to be head cases. Constant top 5 draft picks may not be the route to take. The process could take too long and by the time some of these guys develop, they can leave.

Tyreke is a headcase? News to me. Guy hardly speaks.