PDA

View Full Version : Should NBA players insure their own contracts?

Bornknick73
12-28-2010, 02:31 PM
We all know how expensive insurance is in this country. My boss pays at least 20$ an hour to insure me. If the owners are crying about money and insurance is a huge part of any companies overhead should the players pay the premiums on thier own contracts as a way to alleviate cost on the owners?

Insurance is the biggest rip in the history of mankind but its a reality. Could paying their own insurance be a nice olive branch to extend to the owners in the hope of no lockout? I know it wont solve everything and there will be more to address but is it or can it be a good place to start? Is it viable?

What ideas do you have that can alleviate owner expense that wont hurt the players too much?

Bornknick73
12-28-2010, 03:36 PM
I guess im asking for too much brainpower. Unfortunately this isnt something where you debate using stats you didnt compile yourself. I guess there isnt any space to be wasted on threads involving creative/free thinking.

Maybe if i try to frame it into a "my insurance guy is better then your insurance guy" followed by competitive rate quotes, ill get some brainpower feedback.