PDA

View Full Version : NBA courts: The good, the bad, the ugly

Gators123
12-27-2010, 06:41 PM
http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2010/12/27/nba-courts-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly/?eref=sihp

According to them...

Elite-

Celtics
76ers
Pistons
Nuggets
Bulls
Blazers
Knicks

Decent-

Magic
Clippers
Warriors
Pacers
Kings

The Worst-

Timberwolves
Heat
Thunder
Cavs

kingbrentg
12-27-2010, 07:01 PM
I actually like the new Cavs court and the Wolves court. :shrug:

MiamiWadeCounty
12-27-2010, 07:05 PM
lol does it really matter. i do like the magic and pistons though as the best

JWO35
12-27-2010, 07:14 PM
I think the Magics have the best NBA Court, Black & Blue goes hand and hand...

D_Rose1118
12-27-2010, 07:22 PM
I love the united center and MSG

RZZZA
12-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Magics color combination is nice but i agree with the author that the logo is not good.

I like the Blazers one too, though their floor is too light-colored for my tastes

goose14741
12-27-2010, 07:30 PM
heat court is actually nice

BALLER71
12-27-2010, 07:30 PM
76ers one is the ugliest, IMO.

I do agree with this writer when he says that the Miami Heat's paint area should be black and red, not red and yellow.

hgtiger32
12-27-2010, 07:31 PM
why do they only rank half the teams?

lol i was wondering why my bucks weren't on the list for worst

Chill_Will_24
12-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Amway looks amazing! Been there twice and I barely wanna come back when I leave my seat. I have more fun in the arena than during the game! I wanna visit Staples. The IZOD center was by far the worst arena in NBA history. The Prudential is actually a great arena thou! Too bad they house the Devils and Nets. MSG is pretty good but it needs that renovation asap. Went to a boxing match there and I wasn't too impressed although the architectual design is pretty cool. I dont like the TD gardens floor. I'm not a fan of that dark yellow color.

Ray_R
12-27-2010, 07:41 PM
we need JB to post all the courts again?

black1605
12-27-2010, 07:41 PM
The old Bobcats court was horrid. The new one is pretty nice.

Old:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff162/custom_sports_logos/Charlotte_Bobcats_Court.jpg

New:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3534/4029087439_80f23e6ae0.jpg

BALLER R
12-27-2010, 07:42 PM
raptors court is nice

disgruntledbull
12-27-2010, 07:43 PM
i like the timberpups court the best.

Minimal
12-27-2010, 07:44 PM
The most court I like in NBA is Cavs court unfortunatelly.

j-bay
12-27-2010, 08:12 PM
notice the nba champs arn't in there

Tony_Starks
12-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Lets see the Celtics, Sixers, Bulls, Pistons, and Knicks have "elite" courts. Yet the Lakers with arguably the most popular court to play on aren't even mentioned aye?

East coast bias maybe? Just a lil bit?

JordansBulls
12-27-2010, 08:28 PM
we need JB to post all the courts again?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420109&highlight=united+center

asandhu23
12-27-2010, 08:32 PM
I don't like Warriors court. They should turn border of the court blue to balance the blue and yellow

bholly
12-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Lets see the Celtics, Sixers, Bulls, Pistons, and Knicks have "elite" courts. Yet the Lakers with arguably the most popular court to play on aren't even mentioned aye?

East coast bias maybe? Just a lil bit?

It has nothing to do with how popular a court is to play on, it's about the author's (admittedly subjective) opinion on aesthetics. I don't understand why every single thing in this forum has to become about bias or 'hating' or sleeping on someone or whatever. Jesus.

And it's only an East Coast bias if you have no idea where Denver and Portland are.

asandhu23
12-27-2010, 08:38 PM
it has nothing to do with how popular a court is to play on, it's about the author's (admittedly subjective) opinion on aesthetics. I don't understand why every single thing in this forum has to become about bias or 'hating' or sleeping on someone or whatever. Jesus.

And it's only an east coast bias if you have no idea where denver, portland and the golden state are.

fixed

kingbrentg
12-27-2010, 08:41 PM
I don't like Warriors court. They should turn border of the court blue to balance the blue and yellow

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I looked at it.

Also, the Pacers' court is really, really dull to me.

It has nothing to do with how popular a court is to play on, it's about the author's (admittedly subjective) opinion on aesthetics. I don't understand why every single thing in this forum has to become about bias or 'hating' or sleeping on someone or whatever. Jesus.

And it's only an East Coast bias if you have no idea where Denver and Portland are.

No kidding.

Kinglorious
12-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I think the Bulls have the best court. I'm not to crazy about the Thunder's though. The two NBA logos on their court in the areas where some teams put their secondary logo is kinda weird - if you understand what I'm trying to say. But then again, their logo itself is pretty weird too.

Get a new logo OKC.

Tony_Starks
12-27-2010, 08:57 PM

Never mentioned "hate." Its just very curious how this particular author happened to choose predominantly east coast courts. And also the Lakers, whose court is generally perceived as aesthetically pleasing to all, are not even mentioned.

To a reasonable person it appears his list is biased.

bholly
12-27-2010, 09:29 PM
fixed

I was just focusing on the 'elite' list, but yeah. Noted.

Never mentioned "hate." Its just very curious how this particular author happened to choose predominantly east coast courts. And also the Lakers, whose court is generally perceived as aesthetically pleasing to all, are not even mentioned.

To a reasonable person it appears his list is biased.

No. And for what it's worth, just adding "to a reasonable person" at the beginning of something doesn't make it any less ridiculous. I am a reasonable person, and see absolutely no bias. Just excluding the Lakers from a list of 16 NBA teams doesn't make a bias. He even included the other LA team. It's more ridiculous than me suggesting you have an anti-Texas bias for not complaining that none of the three Texas teams are in there, or that he must hate Charlotte because he didn't include them.

Of the 12 courts he picked as 'elite' or 'decent', 5 were Western Conference and 7 were Eastern Conference. It all depends on your definitions, but I count 4 on the West Coast and 4 on the East Coast. The 'worst' list has two Eastern Conference and two Western conference, with none on the West Coast and one on the East Coast.

It could barely be less skewed.

On top of that, he even clearly states that he prefers the traditional, which are more common in the East, and clearly suggests (in the Warriors rundown) that he's not a big fan of harsh yellow, particularly when mixed with other colours.

And I have never seen any evidence for your premise that the Lakers court "is generally perceived as aesthetically pleasing to all". Nothing is aesthetically pleasing to all. That's kind of the point. I, for example, don't like the Lakers court (I don't like yellow, either).

The funniest thing is that he's actually, as far as I know, a Celtics fan, so he probably does hate the Lakers, but you absolutely cannot conclude that from this article like you're trying to do.