PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Franchise cut in China

Iodine
12-27-2010, 06:03 PM
According to NIUBball (via Sina Sports), the Beijing Shougang Ducks have decided to waive Steve Francis just six games into the season.

"Since he's been in uniform, attendance figures for both Beijing home and away games have risen dramatically, as fans have been eager to catch a glimpse of one of their all-time favorite NBA stars," wrote Jon Pastuszek of the NIUBball. "The Ducks, however, have also experienced their share of perceived frustrations over the last two weeks, most of which have revolved around Francis' poor conditioning and behavior towards his coaches."

Francis hasn't been in the NBA since the 2008-09 season, and we'd venture to speculate it's unlikely this short, troubled stint in China is going to do anything to help his chances of playing in the league again.

-- Ryan Corazza

http://www.niubball.com/2010/12/steve-francis-and-beijing-part-ways/

:laugh:

lkingratedr
12-27-2010, 06:08 PM
steve is injury plagued and has no game left i know some teenages that would take him to the hole every play ... sometimes you just gotta call it quits stevie its time to hang ya nikes up bro

thekmp211
12-27-2010, 06:12 PM
wow. i say he teams up with antoine walker, make the Iowa Energy a D-League Dynasty.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
12-27-2010, 06:35 PM
scrub

210Don
12-27-2010, 06:36 PM
stevie franchise.. he should team up with yao again and dominate d league

Klivlend
12-27-2010, 06:37 PM
wow. i say he teams up with antoine walker, make the Iowa Energy a D-League Dynasty.

+1 And, I think Penny Hardaway and Allen Houston have some game left, too.

Tony_Starks
12-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Undoubtedly frustrated he couldn't get the tree's he's been used to blazing over there......

Mplsman
12-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Dude is a bum.

xabial
12-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Why doesnt he quit? He's like a Poor man's Allen iverson Without the accomplishments

ThunderZubb
12-28-2010, 04:08 AM
I dont feel sorry for this jack a s s who refused to play for the vancouver Grizzles when they drafted him and asked for a trade. Karma is a ***** Steve francis and I am glad how everything happened.

LOSER

The Raven
12-28-2010, 04:29 AM
Well quite frankly he's a bum so what did he expect

Chi StateOfMind
12-28-2010, 05:33 AM
won't be surprised if the heat sign him lol

John Walls Era
12-28-2010, 05:41 AM
stevie franchise.. he should team up with yao again and dominate d league

Not even funny. Yao owns a team in china... why would he play in the lesser D-league. Also Yao doesn't need cash; he can make money by just sitting.

PrettyBoyJ
12-28-2010, 07:04 AM
Why doesnt he quit? He's like a Poor man's Allen iverson Without the accomplishments

I dont think He can even be that.. I honestly think he's worse

TheHoopsProphet
12-28-2010, 07:40 AM
Ah, Steven Francis. What a player, what a man! Hast thine legend come down to this? Do I blame you? No. For how does one quit his passion, how does one escape the only life he's ever known?

People shall find solace in your misery, because they need distraction from their own.

But I only solute you. Keep playing until your knees blow out. To hell with pride! To hell with the critics and the fans! What do they know about true love? Their opinions don't matter. Only few know what its like to assuage thy thoughts by dribbling a basketball. The mettle you carry is as big as the bag of burden on thine shoulders, but you keep on moving forward. An endless peregrination with no destiny other than to keep walking through it. Play for China, play for Indonesia. Play for a local YMCA troupe, but keep on playing Sir Francis. By god, keep playing.

GreatMustachio1
12-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Ah, Steven Francis. What a player, what a man! Hast thine legend come down to this? Do I blame you? No. For how does one quit his passion, how does one escape the only life he's ever known?

People shall find solace in your misery, because they need distraction from their own.

But I only solute you. Keep playing until your knees blow out. To hell with pride! To hell with the critics and the fans! What do they know about true love? Their opinions don't matter. Only few know what its like to assuage thy thoughts by dribbling a basketball. The mettle you carry is as big as the bag of burden on thine shoulders, but you keep on moving forward. An endless peregrination with no destiny other than to keep walking through it. Play for China, play for Indonesia. Play for a local YMCA troupe, but keep on playing Sir Francis. By god, keep playing.

this moved me:eyebrow:

S-Dot
12-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Karma for him refusing to play in Vancouver his rookie season.

BALLER71
12-28-2010, 11:40 AM
PG- Stevie Francis
SG- Allen Iverson
SF- Antoine Walker
PF- Michael Sweeney
C- Eddy Curry

Can you say defensive juggernaut?

EWOR
12-28-2010, 01:53 PM
lmfao at the Steve Franchise hate.

He was the original Derrick Rose, a guy who was great his first few years due to his mix of size, speed, and athletic ability and brought people to the games in Houston. Cant forget his swagger, and dunks.

Francis hasnt played in 3 seasons. Obviously a "comeback" wasnt in the cards, but he went to China for the exposure. He could barely play due to his ankles swelling up. He played 1 game with ice packs still on his ankles. (srs)

lkingratedr
12-28-2010, 03:50 PM

this is honestly the funniest thing i heard all day :laugh::laugh::laugh:

sep11ie
12-28-2010, 04:02 PM
I missed you HoopsProphet

kArSoN RyDaH
12-28-2010, 04:30 PM
haHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

rhino17
12-28-2010, 05:30 PM
NO ONE worked harder on the court than Stevie Franchise. He left it all on the court EVERY night, no matter what. I don't get the hate for the guy. He got cheated out of the end of his career by that ***** Bruce Bowen and just never recovered.

sep11ie
12-28-2010, 05:50 PM
NO ONE worked harder on the court than Stevie Franchise. He left it all on the court EVERY night, no matter what. I don't get the hate for the guy. He got cheated out of the end of his career by that ***** Bruce Bowen and just never recovered.

rhino sighting... where ya been bro?

steveshane67
12-28-2010, 06:11 PM
i for one am SHOCKED that an american with a terrible attitude/respect for authority is having problems in a culture that has nothing but the upmost respect for authority.

this is what happens when athletes have everyone telling them how great they are and doing everything for them from a young age. but francis will survive, hes got millions, the kids that dont make it and are basically a lost cause.