PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible that the best NBA player of all time could be worst owner of all time?

LTBaByyy
12-27-2010, 04:33 PM
So far, when MJ has taken over a team completely that team just is bad

Look what he has done with the wizards and bobcats when he is in charge

I would imagine with his stature and money he could turn teams around

What does he do wrong?

black1605
12-27-2010, 04:34 PM
MJ bashing is the new LBJ bashing!

jetsfan28
12-27-2010, 04:36 PM
LOL, what? He took over terrible teams, and both got slightly better. The Bobcats even made the playoffs. Do you realize how many bad owners there are?

And he doesn't really do anything wrong other than just be a poor evaluator of talent. He also got a bit unlucky, everyone would have taken Kwame in that draft and it just didn't work out.

cheetos185
12-27-2010, 04:37 PM
So far, when MJ has taken over a team completely that team just is bad

Look what he has done with the wizards and bobcats when he is in charge

I would imagine with his stature and money he could turn teams around

What does he do wrong?

he's not as bad as isiah mchale or larry bird

LTBaByyy
12-27-2010, 04:41 PM
LOL, what? He took over terrible teams, and both got slightly better. The Bobcats even made the playoffs. Do you realize how many bad owners there are?

And he doesn't really do anything wrong other than just be a poor evaluator of talent. He also got a bit unlucky, everyone would have taken Kwame in that draft and it just didn't work out.

He wasnt in charge when they made the playoffs, he wasnt the Major owner

He is in full charge of the team this season!!!

And dont use that, mark cuban took over ome of the worst if not the worst team in the Mavs and look what he did

jetsfan28
12-27-2010, 04:43 PM

And dont use that, mark cuban took over ome of the worst if not the worst team in the Mavs and look what he did

He made most of the decisions in terms of basketball people, and was most likely responsible for bringing Larry Brown over. And yeah, since he's not on par with one of the best owners ever, he's clearly the worst. LeBron James made the Cavs a playoff team despite having little talent around him, Bosh didn't with the Raptors, clearly Bosh is the worst NBA player of all time.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-27-2010, 04:44 PM

one trip to the finals and first round exits

JWO35
12-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Its possible...but I wouldn't deem him a bad owner yet, he only been owner for what 1.5yrs

Valkyrie
12-27-2010, 04:47 PM
one trip to the finals and first round exits

lol? so its his fault the team chokes all the time? They've been a 50 win team every year since 2000. and some teams never make the finals. plus they made the 2nd round in 2009

LTBaByyy
12-27-2010, 04:48 PM
He made most of the decisions in terms of basketball people, and was most likely responsible for bringing Larry Brown over. And yeah, since he's not on par with one of the best owners ever, he's clearly the worst. LeBron James made the Cavs a playoff team despite having little talent around him, Bosh didn't with the Raptors, clearly Bosh is the worst NBA player of all time.

Lol what? Why are you arguing

You said he had terrible teams, I just made an example of an owner taking over a terrible team and making them elite or good

I can name more if you would like

jetsfan28
12-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Lol what? Why are you arguing

You said he had terrible teams, I just made an example of an owner taking over a terrible team and making them elite or good

I can name more if you would like

Cool, you gave an example of one of the league's best owners who was successful. That's fantastic. The fact that one guy was successful doesn't mean everyone will be. Calling a guy who has taken ****** teams the worst owner of all time, despite the fact that those teams have improves, is absolutely ridiculous, and the fact that you can name people who have had success in that situation doesn't make him the worst owner of all time. For every owner you can name who has had success in that situation, I can easily name 5 who haven't, and who have had teams do much worse than Jordan.

SteveNash
12-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Sterling's considered the GOAT? By who?

kozelkid
12-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Sterling has that spot wrapped up for good.

LTBaByyy
12-27-2010, 04:58 PM
Cool, you gave an example of one of the league's best owners who was successful. That's fantastic. The fact that one guy was successful doesn't mean everyone will be. Calling a guy who has taken ****** teams the worst owner of all time, despite the fact that those teams have improves, is absolutely ridiculous, and the fact that you can name people who have had success in that situation doesn't make him the worst owner of all time. For every owner you can name who has had success in that situation, I can easily name 5 who haven't, and who have had teams do much worse than Jordan.

You must have had a bad day, nobody is arguing but you

Ill name some more if you want, and bobcats improved? He let raymond felton and tyson chandler go for nothing pretty much who are having their best seasons, and they are one of the worst teams this year since he has taken over

And please tell how the wizards improved WHILE Jordan was in charge?

The wizards were good after he left

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-27-2010, 04:58 PM
lol? so its his fault the team chokes all the time? They've been a 50 win team every year since 2000. and some teams never make the finals. plus they made the 2nd round in 2009

It's his team lol

Good teams are built for playoffs not for the regular season

jetsfan28
12-27-2010, 05:07 PM
You must have had a bad day, nobody is arguing but you

Ill name some more if you want, and bobcats improved? He let raymond felton and tyson chandler go for nothing pretty much and they are one of the worst teams this year since he has taken over

And please tell how the wizards improved WHILE Jordan was in charge?

The wizards were good after he left

No, you making an inane statement doesn't mean I'm having a bad day, it means you're making an inane statement. It's completely ridiculous to call Jordan the worst owner of all time when he isn't even remotely close.

Jordan hired Brown. They improved with Brown. If you don't want to count what he did then, then you also can't count his time with the Wizards when he was also part owner, which means you're calling him the worst owner of all time based on less than half a year with the Bobcats. And actually, he was made majority owner in March, so they did make the playoffs with him.

And how didn't the Wizards improve with him? In the two years before he went there, they won 18 and 29 games. After he got there, they won 19, then 37 two years in a row, going from an awful team to a team that almost made the playoffs. They also got Larry Hughes and Brendan Haywood, and cleared cap space to sign Gilbert Arenas, all key parts of them becoming a playoff team. How is that not improvement?

29$JerZ
12-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Isiah holds that title

5 yr Full MLE Jared Jefferies with a Player Option
5yr MLE Jerome James
Over 100 million in CAP to win 23 games
Sexual Harassment Case
Thought Marbury/Jamal/Q/Zach/Eddy was a championship roster

Other than drafting he literally has sucked the life from NY until Walsh came in

heattiltheend94
12-27-2010, 05:29 PM

Well Mark Cuban is the best owner in the league. But back to the topic, no, just because Mj is the best player, does not make him a good, for that matter a mediocre owner

Tony_Starks
12-27-2010, 05:35 PM
No.

Kevin McHale.

LTBaByyy
12-27-2010, 06:00 PM
No, you making an inane statement doesn't mean I'm having a bad day, it means you're making an inane statement. It's completely ridiculous to call Jordan the worst owner of all time when he isn't even remotely close.

Jordan hired Brown. They improved with Brown. If you don't want to count what he did then, then you also can't count his time with the Wizards when he was also part owner, which means you're calling him the worst owner of all time based on less than half a year with the Bobcats. And actually, he was made majority owner in March, so they did make the playoffs with him.

And how didn't the Wizards improve with him? In the two years before he went there, they won 18 and 29 games. After he got there, they won 19, then 37 two years in a row, going from an awful team to a team that almost made the playoffs. They also got Larry Hughes and Brendan Haywood, and cleared cap space to sign Gilbert Arenas, all key parts of them becoming a playoff team. How is that not improvement?

What are you talking about? Tell me where I called him the worst owner!!! Please

I said could he be the worst owner? Thats a question bro, go get a drink or a smoke and relax bro haha

You are gettin worked up over a forum

iFYouSeekAmy
12-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Chris Cohan?

16 years out of the playoffs, except 06-07

Too cheap to go over the luxury tax

Had one of the worst winning percentages as an owner, next to Sterling. Thank god he's gone.

icon1914
12-27-2010, 06:46 PM
What are you talking about? Tell me where I called him the worst owner!!! Please

I said could he be the worst owner? Thats a question bro, go get a drink or a smoke and relax bro haha

You are gettin worked up over a forum

And the poster keeps giving you reasons why that question is a premature.

Jordan has made some terrible choices while in different positions of power, but he has a ways to go before he is known as the WORSE owner. If you are asking if it's possible, yes... Almost anything is possible, but he is not close yet.

xabial
12-27-2010, 07:03 PM
If only Jordan Drafted Pau...

*sigh*..

One pick sealed his fate

/thread

Ty Fast
12-27-2010, 07:14 PM
I donít know if he is a bad owner, but he is a bad g.m. he is more into playing golf and gambling than scouting players. Jerry West used to spend hours in gyms scouting players and that is how he (west) learned so much.