PDA

View Full Version : Are the Lakers the next 06-07 Miami Heat?

kjoke
12-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Its still very early and they are still a very talented team, but every time i see them play I see the 06-07 heat in them. (for those who forget its the Miami heat right after they won the championship and got swept in the first round). They lack the intensity and focus just like that team, they both have aging players, but in both cases people made the assumption that when its playoff time, they come together.

dnewguy
12-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Its still very early and they are still a very talented team, but every time i see them play I see the 06-07 heat in them. (for those who forget its the Miami heat right after they won the championship and got swept in the first round). They lack the intensity and focus just like that team, they both have aging players, but in both cases people made the assumption that when its playoff time, they come together.

You lack knowledge.....Dwayne Wade was injured and most of the Heat players came into the season out of shape. How can you compare that to the Lakers? They will be better than that.

knicks4life33
12-27-2010, 03:08 PM
the 06 07 miami heat dont have the talent this lakers team has and this lakers team will finish with a much better record and remeber that team was injured

Raph12
12-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Is this not what everyone was saying last year when they limped into the playoffs? Remind me who won in June last season?

They'll be ready when it counts...

Storch
12-27-2010, 03:24 PM
Keep hating, keep hating.

Tony_Starks
12-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Guess you've never watched the Lakers during their many championship runs. They underwhelm and get bored during the regular season and turn it on right before playoff time.... usually resulting in a chip.

Nothing new here.

thekmp211
12-27-2010, 03:34 PM
yeah man...its WAY to early to be thinking like this. considering they've played the most games out of any team in the league over the past three seasons, i think its fair to afford them a cold streak or two.

if they're still struggling in, say, march, then maybe its time for LA fans to worry.

SteBO
12-27-2010, 03:35 PM
No way L.A. falls flat on their face

Sly Guy
12-27-2010, 03:35 PM
the lakers still stand a much better chance of winning it all than the heat do. Lakers are a playoff team.....They could finish in the 8-seed in the west and still stand a much better chance of winning the title then most others.

shep33
12-27-2010, 03:45 PM
You know whats amazing... we've only played 30 games this year. That's crazy, season is still quite a distance from being half over (another 11 games). Still 52 games to go, which is a lot of time to get their heads straight. The Lakeshow do this every year... last year they finished 4-7 going into the playoffs, and everybody wrote them off. They've always lost to opponents they should beat with ease, but lets face it... they're arrogant.

What blows my mind is this... the Lakers have had 1 practice this year with all their starters/key players involved. Thats absolutely ridiculous if you think about it.

knicks4life33
12-27-2010, 03:53 PM
last year on christmas the cavs blew them out bye 30 points on christmas and the year b4 orlando beat them on christmas and who won the title lol

IAmKira
12-27-2010, 03:54 PM
OP and thread's a joke.

Rivera
just remember....the celtics were a .500 team pretty much after the all star break.....and they made the finals last year because they got healthy and they were a veteran group who got it together

so why cant the lakers be the next 09-10 boston celtics???

IAmKira
last year on christmas the cavs blew them out bye 30 points on christmas and the year b4 orlando beat them on christmas and who won the title lol

goes to show how regular season doesnt mean anything..:cool:

Iron24th
12-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Everyone wants to see the Lakers fallin',too early to say what can happen,but that's a team built for the playoffs,even if they aren't 1st seed,I can tell you no one will want to meet them in WC.

Ask Popovich about that.

ManOnFire
12-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Keep hating, keep hating.

Doesnt sound like the OP is hating....he acknowldeged its still early in the season to make a complete judgement and simply asks if the Lakers are comparable to the post championship Heat team. People seem to be freaking out over their recent losses at home, and while they are alarming, it's the same played out story with the Lakers every year. I dont doubt for one second that they will be there at the very end.

Iron24th
12-27-2010, 04:04 PM

If you're talking about the Lakers,if I'm not mistaken the cavs beat them 104-89 and they didn't meet the magic the year before,they met the celts and won.

sep11ie
12-27-2010, 04:07 PM
I hate the Lakers, try not to give them any benefit of the doubt, and I even I think this threads a JOKE.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Its obvious, Lakers need to rebuild.

Trade Kobe and Pau to contenders to get 1st round picks.

With the 1st pick in the 2011 NBA draft the Los Angeles Lakers select Kyrie Irving.

ManOnFire
12-27-2010, 04:10 PM

With the 1st pick in the 2011 NBA draft the Los Angeles Lakers select Kyrie Irving.

Finally, some logical thinking lmao!!

thekmp211
12-27-2010, 04:19 PM

Irving/Bynum/Shannon Brown??!?!! Can you say TEN-PEAT?!

Valkyrie
12-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Lol... well what happended on the 06-07 is alot different
Riley missed games, Payton retired after that season, Zo retired in 07-08, Shaq played 40 games, Wade played 51 games... that entire team was a one hit wonder and fell apart... after 06-07 we traded away Walker, Posey went to Boston, Shaq got traded... then we geared for the summer of 2010.

shep33
12-27-2010, 04:21 PM
I've said it before... Kobe and Pau to the Nets for Farmar and Vujacic

Basketash
12-27-2010, 04:34 PM
I've said it before... Kobe and Pau to the Nets for Farmar and Vujacic

Dynasty!

Chronz
12-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Shaq was done as a superstar thats not happening to Kobe or Pau

Basketash
12-27-2010, 05:24 PM
In short. No

mikantsass
12-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Lakers are done.
Kobe is too old.
Gasol is a ***** again
Artest is gang bangin
Odom is doin too much reality tv
Phil is bored and doesnt care
Bynum cant walk

They need to get Vujacic back

Is this thread for real? The Lakers will be fine.

Bruno
12-27-2010, 06:33 PM
That Heat team finished three games over .500. The Lakers have a winning % of .70.

It's not comparable. The Lakers have been in the finals three years in a row. Not to take anything away from that Heat team, but if DWADE didn't pick them up on his back and deliver the greatest finals performance of all time, they would never have been champs in the first place.

No Kobe Bryant lead team has ever been swept, doubt it would start this year.

SiR Lakers III
12-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Last time I checked that Miami Heat team were not back 2 back champs. FAIL

OnslaughtXX6
12-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Coming from a Heat fan, that 06-07 team was a fluke. The Heat have Dwyane Wade to thank for that title. The Lakers are still elite but the NBA is filled with reloaded teams this year, so it's going to be a little more difficult for the Lakers to repeat. And to all the Laker fans getting all sensitive, the OP isn't hating so relax.

masalex1205
12-27-2010, 08:48 PM
You lack knowledge.....Dwayne Wade was injured and most of the Heat players came into the season out of shape. How can you compare that to the Lakers? They will be better than that.

this.

They'll be ready when it counts

Minimal
12-27-2010, 08:53 PM
I can't believe fellow Heat fan can create such a stupid topic.

Vinsane#15
12-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Very bad comparison... The Heat sacrficed young talent to get Shaq at the time and it only helped them win one ring... Which is an accomplishment, but the problem is when Shaq started to fade and Wade got injured, they clearly weren't the same team and lacked depth... This Laker team is a complete team with a record MOST teams in this league wish they can have.. Come playoff team, Kobe will stomp on your heart and throw it in the garbage.... The Heat dominated the Lakers, yes, but you can't base a performance off of one game to judge if the Heat are better. Look what happened last year on Dec.25.... Lakers got dismantled by Cleve but ended up with the ring.... The question is going to be whether or not the Heat can get past Boston and Orlando, not beat L.A.

td0tsfinest
12-27-2010, 09:01 PM

I agree.

For some reason, they've been lacking intensity past few games but I expect these guys to be back in form soon. I don't think Kobe is sitting still after being blown out that past two games.

redsox0717
12-27-2010, 09:05 PM
They're trying to do what the Celtics did last year. Just stay afloat and get a decent seed for the playoffs, then turn it on.

Hawkeye15
12-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Miami was an average team that exploded at the right time. The Lakers are 2 time current champs. There are pretty much no similarities.

PrettyBoyJ
12-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Is this not what everyone was saying last year when they limped into the playoffs? Remind me who won in June last season?

This

C-Style
12-27-2010, 09:24 PM

Failed, for those who forget its the L.A lakers right after they won the championship and went on to win their second. Besides Lakers have a primed team, all of them are 26-32, the only old 1 is Fisher at 35.

They are playing as if they won 2 championships, cocky and uninterested...I expect Kobe to get on his team, or else he can forget about moving up the top 10 list. Jordan kept his team motivated for 6 championships, Kobe needs to do the same if he wants to be just as great, and you would be stupid if u think he's not thinking that.

ElMarroAfamado
12-27-2010, 09:26 PM
here we go

Bigbadmoffo
12-27-2010, 09:32 PM
More like last years celtics in my opinion.

310Casper
12-27-2010, 09:32 PM
I get the whole "Lakers are coasting it during the season" argument, i myself believe it. BUt even then, something still doesnt seem right this season. Contenders got even better (spurs, mavs, thunder, celtics, magic, heat)...home court advantage is gonna be bigger than ever this post-season.

Kobe is finally starting to really show his age and mileage this season as well.

Yes, the Lakers are in a funk right now, and will of course heat up later in the season, but even then, something just doesnt seem right.... could it be phil jackson?

S-Dot
12-28-2010, 11:36 AM
I dont see them getting swept in the first round like the Heat, especially with the Western Conference becoming much weaker. The Lakers will be fine come playoff time. It wont be an easy road to the NBA Finals, but they're still the favorites out of the West.

JordansBulls
12-28-2010, 11:55 AM
The Heat were barely a .500 team. I am sure the Lakers still win 55-58 games this year for at least a #2 or #3 seed at worse.

ttam68
12-28-2010, 12:00 PM
That Heat team came together in an extremely turbulent season and came from behind to win one championship. The following season their aged/average players came in out of shape and had a ton of injuries. They barely limped into the playoffs at 44-38 (.537) as the 4th seed.

This Laker team is the two time defending champ and are virtually all healthy. They're also coached by the greatest coach of all time. They're currently 21-9 (.700) and the 3 seed behind two teams having spectacular starts (Dallas and San Antonio).

The comparison really isn't there.

WadeCounty
12-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Actually, need I remind you that the same 05-06 heat team was the one that would have defeated the pistons in the 04-05 ecf if it weren't for wade's back injury that made him miss a game when they were ahead in the series 3-2 and then played horrible through the pain for game 7. Whether they would have defeated the spurs in the finals is beyond me, but they certainly weren't a one hit wonder and they didn't "explode at the right time". The next season they were plagued by injurys, playing with a shaq that had an excuse every night to sit out and a demotivated one at that, with a wade that forced himself to come back before his injury was healed, the same wade that couldn't even dunk because it would hurt his shoulder. For those saying if it wasn't for wade carrying them on his back they would have never won... well no duh? what are great players supposed to do? let the role players do the work and him stand aside as they get dismantled?

back at the topic at hand: no they are not the 06-07 heat.

Da Knicks
12-28-2010, 12:25 PM
The lakers will be fine but my prediction is they will not represent the west this year. I will stand with my prediction from the beginning of the year, spurs will come out from the west.

drobe86
12-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Lakers look awful. It has nothing to do with intensity and focus, those guys aren't as talented anymore. Kobe is rapidly declining, Gasol is tired, Artest is just garbage, and LO is playing well.... Bynum is a guy lol.... I think they get out of the first round but that's it....

kArSoN RyDaH
12-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Everyone hopes the Lakers are the Heat of 06 07. The Lakers, although shaky this season, are the best team in the NBA. We've been without Bynum all year. He just came back and hasn't played at all. Gasol is in a slump and Kobe is Kobe. Nothing to worry about (if you're a Laker fan), but if you're anyone else you should be worried. Because 1: Gasol will come out of this slump. 2: Bynum will come back into the starting lineup. 3: Lamar Odom who has been playing like an all star will go to the bench. and 4: Kobe will be Kobe. ;)