PDA

View Full Version : Yahoosports: Rockets looking to trade Yao

JordansBulls
12-27-2010, 12:55 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlP3yDBEwwIWeWa6yuzHnl05nYcB?slug=aw-yaorockets122710

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA#

With lure of insurance offering $8M discount on his expiring $17M salary, Houston exploring Yao Ming trade on several fronts, sources tell Y

Some teams exploring trade for Yao to re-sign him on short deal, or just get cap relief on his expiring deal, sources say.

SteBO
12-27-2010, 12:59 PM
:confused:

29$JerZ
12-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Makes sense, get any sort of value for a player that is basically done.
His expiring would be useful but I don't see many takers, even with the 8 million off discounts wouldn't a team have to trade 17 million regardless?

DerekRE_3
12-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Thread title should be changed to Rockets looking to trade Yao's expiring contract/insurance policy.

hgtiger32
12-27-2010, 01:18 PM
who would want him?

Sly Guy
12-27-2010, 01:19 PM
If the raps can get $8mil off, purely for cap space, I'd be willing to trade a big portion of our TPE to make this work. Any Houston fans see any young talent they like on the raps to make it work?

but then again, Yao is injured.....Isn't it against league policy to trade injured players?

kEviN21
12-27-2010, 01:20 PM
who would want him?

Who wouldnt? Best expiring contract out there WITH insurance money in return

xbrackattackx
12-27-2010, 01:20 PM
who would want him?

He is expiring so teams like Philly with players who aren't bad but need to move on like Brand and Iggy would.

save the knicks
12-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Can he even play?

Yao coming off the bench for a title contender would be scary.

Flash3
12-27-2010, 01:29 PM
HEAT should get him and sit him till the playoffs.

Randy West
12-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Trade you Greg Oden straight up!

Sandman
12-27-2010, 01:31 PM
If the raps can get $8mil off, purely for cap space, I'd be willing to trade a big portion of our TPE to make this work. Any Houston fans see any young talent they like on the raps to make it work?

but then again, Yao is injured.....Isn't it against league policy to trade injured players?

If you trade the TPE, you're not cutting any salary.

pistonsfanomg
12-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Rip for Yao

Lloyd Christmas
12-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Would a team only need to trade 9 mil or the full 17 mil?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-27-2010, 01:44 PM
makes sense, they are given up on him

Would a team only need to trade 9 mil or the full 17 mil?

I believe 17

magichatnumber9
12-27-2010, 01:49 PM
a few years to late.

JerseysFinest
12-27-2010, 01:50 PM
new york knicks?

NYKnicks4511
12-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Eddy Curry and Turiaf?

Lol.

GunFactor187
12-27-2010, 01:56 PM
There's a home for you in Detroit, Yao!!!

B-Ray
12-27-2010, 02:04 PM
What would the Rockets be looking for in return?

DoJoTheSlasher
12-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Mavs will give you Alexis Ajinca.

astrosmaniac
12-27-2010, 02:08 PM
basically any good talent at C or SF. we'd pry even take on some back contracts to get a good player (we have 2 TEs worth nearly 6 mil each so we can take on up to 12 mil in back contracts in separate deals)

SouthSideRookie
12-27-2010, 02:08 PM
makes sense, they are given up on him

The Rockets were reportedly talking about an extension with Yao just last week I believe.

I think this is a case where Yao and the Rockets have come to an agreement where they both feel that this is the best move for both, Rockets get players that can help this year and possibly beyond and Yao keeps on rehabbing and will sign an incentive deal with the Rockets after this season, this is under the assumption that he doesn't intend on retiring.

[QUOTE=JerseysFinest;16079388]new york knicks?

If JVG would become the coach of the Knicks, which I think it's possible, that's the only team I see Yao considering besides the Rockets, Yao and Van Gundy are close.

jetsfan28
12-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Eddy Curry and Turiaf?

Lol.

It's actually not a bad thought. But why would the Knicks do that? Save $6 mill and change and a chance to resign a ridiculously injury prone center at the end of the year? They're not a team that needs to save money.

Teams that make sense to me are, if Rocket ownership is willing to pay (BTW, I'm assuming Yao is NOT resigning anywhere, simply because it makes the scenarios easier to work out):

Denver, if Melo would stay with Houston. Yao, Jeffries, Battier, Patterson, Hill, 2 1sts for Melo and K-Mart, or something like that. Denver saves a ton of money, as they take give 125% more than they take and then save 8 mill on Yao's insurance. They get 1st round picks Patterson, Hill, and 2 1sts. Might need to add more picks. They would still have Brooks, Martin, Scola, and another 1st soon (thanks to the Knicks trade), and would probably have some cap room. I'd have to think they can sign someone with that cap room to play with Melo in an income tax free state.

Bucks, if Houston likes Michael Redd enough to spend 9 mill getting him, although I doubt that

Raptors for Peja, if his knee becomes payable. But again 6 mill is a lot to pay him.

If Detroit gives up, Prince is an interesting fit for Houston, as is Villanueva.

Phoenix, Carter is a perfect fit in salary, and we all know how much Sarver loves saving money.

Wizards would probably give them a lot of talent if they were willing to take Rashard Lewis. Not Wall obviously, and probably not McGee, but some combination of picks, Blatche, and maybe Young.

Clippers, with the bad Baron contract + picks for Yao, clear some cap room. Some FA might want to sign there with all the Blake highlights.

I doubt Cleveland blows up their team for cap relief, but if they do, they have multiple contracts that would interest Houston: Varejao, Jamison, Gibson, Session, and Williams. With the Jeffries contract added Cleveland can basically just start over by trading a few of those guys. That's actually the option I like by far the most.

Wade>You
12-27-2010, 02:14 PM
I can see the Heat signing Yao Ming next season if he could play 20mpg.

He's basically an upgraded Zyldrunis Ilgauskus.

If Yao wants a chance to win a title and play a contributing role, Miami's the perfect opportunity.

And you know Wade/LBJ would love to have the millions in marketing that would come from the Chinese basketball fans.

Sly Guy
12-27-2010, 02:14 PM
If you trade the TPE, you're not cutting any salary.

Really? I'm no cap expert but I'm learning as I go just by being on this site, so please explain.

KB24PG16
12-27-2010, 02:18 PM
dont you have to pass a physical to be traded?

jetsfan28
12-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Really? I'm no cap expert but I'm learning as I go just by being on this site, so please explain.

The 8 mill isn't saved in cap space, it's just paid for by insurance. Also, the contract is only this year, so it wouldn't do anything for next year.

No, you can waive the physical

Sly Guy
12-27-2010, 02:23 PM
The 8 mill isn't saved in cap space, it's just paid for by insurance. Also, the contract is only this year, so it wouldn't do anything for next year.

Ok, I get that the insurance is gonna cover that portion, but why would insurance not cover if the trade involved TPE money from a previous trade? (in the case of the Raptors, the Bosh TPE from last summer)

Given that it's a massive expiring this year, that'd be the draw to pull the trigger on the deal.

awmathewsjr
12-27-2010, 02:29 PM

Physicals can be waived if both teams agree.

astrosmaniac
12-27-2010, 02:38 PM
It's actually not a bad thought. But why would the Knicks do that? Save $6 mill and change and a chance to resign a ridiculously injury prone center at the end of the year? They're not a team that needs to save money.

Teams that make sense to me are, if Rocket ownership is willing to pay (BTW, I'm assuming Yao is NOT resigning anywhere, simply because it makes the scenarios easier to work out):

Denver, if Melo would stay with Houston. Yao, Jeffries, Battier, Patterson, Hill, 2 1sts for Melo and K-Mart, or something like that. Denver saves a ton of money, as they take give 125% more than they take and then save 8 mill on Yao's insurance. They get 1st round picks Patterson, Hill, and 2 1sts. Might need to add more picks. They would still have Brooks, Martin, Scola, and another 1st soon (thanks to the Knicks trade), and would probably have some cap room. I'd have to think they can sign someone with that cap room to play with Melo in an income tax free state.

Bucks, if Houston likes Michael Redd enough to spend 9 mill getting him, although I doubt that

Raptors for Peja, if his knee becomes payable. But again 6 mill is a lot to pay him.

If Detroit gives up, Prince is an interesting fit for Houston, as is Villanueva.

Phoenix, Carter is a perfect fit in salary, and we all know how much Sarver loves saving money.

Wizards would probably give them a lot of talent if they were willing to take Rashard Lewis. Not Wall obviously, and probably not McGee, but some combination of picks, Blatche, and maybe Young.

Clippers, with the bad Baron contract + picks for Yao, clear some cap room. Some FA might want to sign there with all the Blake highlights.

I doubt Cleveland blows up their team for cap relief, but if they do, they have multiple contracts that would interest Houston: Varejao, Jamison, Gibson, Session, and Williams. With the Jeffries contract added Cleveland can basically just start over by trading a few of those guys. That's actually the option I like by far the most.
i would love, love, love that denver deal if it was melo and k-mart (or birdman) and melo signed an extension.

bucks - pass, redd is as bad as yao when it comes to injuries. plus we are kinda stacked at SG

raptors - pass, peja isnt an upgrade

detroit - prince could be interesting but i dont want any part of charlie V

phoenix - pass, we are stacked at SG and hes not an upgrade, why not save the money from yao's insurance?

wizards - in order for us to take rashard off their hands it HAS to include mcgee to give us a starting caliber C

Clippers - meh, idk what they could offer that would entice us enough to take baron. maybe kaman, but thats about it

Cleveland - this one makes the most sense IMO. the rockets have coveted varajao for a while according to rumors and the cavs have wanted yao.

zB_#85
12-27-2010, 02:41 PM

IDK, as Vince Carter LOL.

SteBO
12-27-2010, 02:47 PM
It'll be interesting to see who takes him

astrosmaniac
12-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Ok, I get that the insurance is gonna cover that portion, but why would insurance not cover if the trade involved TPE money from a previous trade? (in the case of the Raptors, the Bosh TPE from last summer)

Given that it's a massive expiring this year, that'd be the draw to pull the trigger on the deal.

the TPE allows you to take on a players contract without trading anyone in return. essentially you'd take on 9 mil in salaries that you weren't paying before (after insurance kicks in)

akagiredsuns
12-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Trade you Greg Oden straight up!

That is an insult. Yao at least played long enough to be worth more than that. FAIL!!! :facepalm:

sep11ie
12-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Its gonna be weird seeing Yao in a suit on a different teams bench...

Knicks Fire Dog
12-27-2010, 02:53 PM
It'll be interesting to see who takes him

Even though I hate the Heat, I can see them trading for him and taking a chance. If he could stay healthy towards the end of the season, I don't think anyone can compete with him down low. It would cure any problems with their front court

Ty Fast
12-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Can he even play?

Yao coming off the bench for a title contender would be scary.

not this season. if he got traded it would be so some team could shed some salary

sep11ie
12-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Even though I hate the Heat, I can see them trading for him and taking a chance. If he could stay healthy towards the end of the season, I don't think anyone can compete with him down low. It would cure any problems with their front court

The Heat have NOTHING to trade for him.

Baller1
12-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Man, poor guy. I wish he was healthy.

kjoke
12-27-2010, 02:57 PM
if he was young like oden id say for him to take the year off next year, that being said, hed be perfect for the heat in limited minutes, as every team tho

fredo832
12-27-2010, 02:59 PM
The Heat have NOTHING to trade for him.

My thoughts exactly buddy! I don't understand what they think they have to trade to us.

nygiants242
12-27-2010, 03:00 PM
I'd take him for sure.

astrosmaniac

he wont be back for the playoffs. besides, the rockets would get better offers from other teams

John Walls Era
Imagine if he could actually get healthy. Him on any team would make that team great. Imagine OKC.

thekmp211
12-27-2010, 03:17 PM
dont see teams taking the risk unless they can dump some salary a la philly.

not sure if that insurance question got answered, but yaos full salary still counts against the cap even with the insurance. it just means 8 mil of that money doesn't come from whichever franchise acquires him. for medium and small market teams with more stringent budgets, this is alluring because you are paying 9 millions dollars for an eventual 17 million in cap space.

Raph12
12-27-2010, 03:24 PM
I'd love him to backup Dwight in about 12mpg, how ironic would that be lol?

BuffsFan
12-27-2010, 03:27 PM
If Jordan is supposedly wanting to cut cap like they say, I could see him offering Cap'n Jack, Matt Carroll, and Diop for Yao. Not sure if that would interest the Rockets or not but it works on the trade machine.

astrosmaniac
12-27-2010, 03:36 PM
it would have to include wallace and some big like mohammad or diop. rockets would have no interest in jackson

Lloyd Christmas
12-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Who would give up anything valuable for Yao at this point?

John Walls Era
12-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Is Yao 100% out for the year? I know he hasn't said anything yet. Magic could use some depth at C.

sep11ie
12-27-2010, 03:42 PM

Read like 42 of the 49 posts before you. Then you'll get it.

sep11ie
12-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Is Yao 100% out for the year? I know he hasn't said anything yet. Magic could use some depth at C.

Yessir, 100% out.

astrosmaniac
yao is 100% out for the year

kjoke
thinking about it, yao wouldnt nesseaarly be the best fit for the heat, hell slow them down a **** lot...now if he was on an already slow team then ideally thatd be the perfect fit

Raph12
12-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Yessir, 100% out.

Well then we're out of the hunt, too bad, a Yao-Dwight frontcourt would be a joy to watch against big teams like LA and Boston...

astrosmaniac
12-27-2010, 03:47 PM
5-6 teams are interested and the rockets havent ruled out keeping him and signing him to an extension
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nba/101227-rockets-yao-ming

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-27-2010, 03:53 PM

that's impossible

jetsfan28
12-27-2010, 03:59 PM

Insurance would cover it. But why pay the 9 mill when you're currently paying nothing? They pay NOTHING for the TPE, they'd pay Yao 9 mill. And all they'd be getting is Yao's Bird rights.

i would love, love, love that denver deal if it was melo and k-mart (or birdman) and melo signed an extension.

bucks - pass, redd is as bad as yao when it comes to injuries. plus we are kinda stacked at SG

raptors - pass, peja isnt an upgrade

detroit - prince could be interesting but i dont want any part of charlie V

phoenix - pass, we are stacked at SG and hes not an upgrade, why not save the money from yao's insurance?

wizards - in order for us to take rashard off their hands it HAS to include mcgee to give us a starting caliber C

Clippers - meh, idk what they could offer that would entice us enough to take baron. maybe kaman, but thats about it

Cleveland - this one makes the most sense IMO. the rockets have coveted varajao for a while according to rumors and the cavs have wanted yao.

You think Redd, Peja, Charlie V (although I get him with the contract, but still, he's a decent player), Carter, Blatche/Young, and Aminu are all wore than nothing? At the very worst they provide depth, with Kevin Martin having missed a ton of time in his career. At best they are bench players that might be able to contribute at least some minute amount.

I do agree that the Cavs make the most sense though. They make sense for the Knicks too, I feel that the Varejao/Gibson for almost nothing package if the Cavs decide to blow up their team is one of the best values in basketball that can be realistically traded right now. I absolutely love it and wouldn't even mind the Knicks taking it if they feel they can't get Melo.

Who wouldn't? This is the NBA, a league where 1st round picks are traded for cash, anyone who can save money would give up something to do it.

Sixerlover
12-27-2010, 04:30 PM
It's just another team looking for some value for an expiring contract. Less value than Peja because at least Peja is on the court, and he didn't get much of anything for that extreme expiring.

thekmp211
12-27-2010, 05:49 PM
It's just another team looking for some value for an expiring contract. Less value than Peja because at least Peja is on the court, and he didn't get much of anything for that extreme expiring.

expiring contracts are not the commodity they were in the league a few years ago.

astrosmaniac
12-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Insurance would cover it. But why pay the 9 mill when you're currently paying nothing? They pay NOTHING for the TPE, they'd pay Yao 9 mill. And all they'd be getting is Yao's Bird rights.

You think Redd, Peja, Charlie V (although I get him with the contract, but still, he's a decent player), Carter, Blatche/Young, and Aminu are all wore than nothing? At the very worst they provide depth, with Kevin Martin having missed a ton of time in his career. At best they are bench players that might be able to contribute at least some minute amount.

I do agree that the Cavs make the most sense though. They make sense for the Knicks too, I feel that the Varejao/Gibson for almost nothing package if the Cavs decide to blow up their team is one of the best values in basketball that can be realistically traded right now. I absolutely love it and wouldn't even mind the Knicks taking it if they feel they can't get Melo.

Who wouldn't? This is the NBA, a league where 1st round picks are traded for cash, anyone who can save money would give up something to do it.

redd, peja, and carter (with his injuries) pry wouldnt crack the rotation. blatche ive heard hes had alot of issues with teammates and i dont want that. charlie V's contract is crap and ill admit i forgot about aminu

210Don
12-27-2010, 06:35 PM
yao can be effective playing 5 minutes a game.

joeboow90
12-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Isn't Yao done for the season? And he's going to be a free agent after this year. The Rockets waited way too long to trade Yao they'll get nothing now

John Walls Era
12-27-2010, 06:59 PM
expiring contracts are not the commodity they were in the league a few years ago.

Yeah. Compared to last year, expiring contracts are nothing.

Sly Guy
12-27-2010, 07:04 PM

you sir are right. I figured that out myself, but was hoping to shirk away from this thread and that you'd consider me too stupid and not reply to make me look worse. Haha.

JOSKOMANG4
12-27-2010, 07:10 PM
If arenas was still in Washington.. him for Yao would of been a great trade.

Other possible destinations:

1. Yao for Rip.
2. Yao for M.Redd
3. Yao for R. Lewis

Yunqn
12-27-2010, 07:25 PM
sounds like igoudala better starting looking for homes in houston.. perfect fit for him.. doug collins needs to seriously be fired for the darko treatment on turner.. even if he isnt even good i mean comeon.. your not a good team at all and your not playing him because?

Yunqn
12-27-2010, 07:29 PM
If arenas was still in Washington.. him for Yao would of been a great trade.

Other possible destinations:

1. Yao for Rip.
2. Yao for M.Redd
3. Yao for R. Lewis

no because he doesnt fit next to martin or brooks..
m. redd doesnt make sense..its like trading a $1 for a $1..
and lewis cant play center and scola neither.. they paid scola already..

this is for long term deals.. like the hamilton one.. but i dont see it being rip since it doesnt make sense for houston.. theyr better off letting it come off the books..

Yunqn
12-27-2010, 07:32 PM
HOUSTON is not trading yao for an expiring.. i dont see why you guys keep posting that..
houston is looking for a deal that makes sense.. either a center in return first or a small foward like wallace or iggy that keep martin playing the 2 and move on from battier..

BALLER R
12-27-2010, 07:34 PM
i thought you can't trade injuried players thought

Sixerlover
12-27-2010, 07:36 PM
HOUSTON is not trading yao for an expiring.. i dont see why you guys keep posting that..
houston is looking for a deal that makes sense.. either a center in return first or a small foward like wallace or iggy that keep martin playing the 2 and move on from battier..

They aren't trading Yao for an expiring, he IS an expiring and they're looking for some type of value, which they probably won't receive. Nothing close to what your looking for.

I'm sure N.O went to both us and Charlotte with Peja's deal and they both declined, and the Sixers declined an expiring contract AND Nick Batum for Iguodala. Houston will have to set their sights much lower than top 5 SF level talent for an expiring contract. They could get Rip + Tayshaun maybe.

BALLER R
12-27-2010, 07:37 PM

and at the same time can't want your cake and eat it too the fact your getting rid of yao you can't get everything you want

sep11ie
12-27-2010, 07:40 PM
no because he doesnt fit next to martin or brooks..
m. redd doesnt make sense..its like trading a $1 for a $1..
and lewis cant play center and scola neither.. they paid scola already..

this is for long term deals.. like the hamilton one.. but i dont see it being rip since it doesnt make sense for houston.. theyr better off letting it come off the books..

I actually think Iggy fits great next to Martin/Brooks. They are shooters, he's a slasher that plays good D(which neither of them do). He'll look even better next to Lowry and Martin, since I think he earned the starting role there.

Corey
12-27-2010, 07:41 PM
i thought you can't trade injuried players thought

Sure you can. Don't let the trade rules in NBA2k fool you. Injured players get traded fairly often.

Corey
12-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Elton Brand?

Mplsman
12-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Risky move, seeing as how he may never be healthy again.

tr3ymill3r
12-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Any team isn't trading for Yao's talent. They are purely trading for the huge expiring contract and only be on the hook for $9 million this season. Any team that wants to get into the Carmello sweep stakes will be interested in this as well as any team that is having financial trouble.

JordansBulls
12-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Can you even trade a player that is injured? If that is the case wouldn't the Rockets had been able to trade Mcgrady in 2009 at the deadline?

Il Mago 7
12-27-2010, 08:25 PM
to the raptorss :)

homestarunner93
12-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Stephen Jackson+DeSagana Diop+Matt Carroll for Yao. Git r done, MJ!

bringinwood
12-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Can you even trade a player that is injured? If that is the case wouldn't the Rockets had been able to trade Mcgrady in 2009 at the deadline?

You can trade hurt players...

I'm not sure under what conditions you can, but I know the 76ers traded for Jamal Mashburn's expiring contract when he was having serious health problems with his vertigo...

stawka
12-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Yao for Jermaine :D

astrosmaniac
12-27-2010, 09:09 PM
they couldnt trade mcgrady because once he announced the surgery, new jersey no longer wanted him

Stephen Jackson+DeSagana Diop+Matt Carroll for Yao. Git r done, MJ!

switch jackson with wallace and throw in something smallish from us to even it out and im happy :)

John Walls Era
12-27-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm not sure if you can trade injure players or not. I though you couldn't, but now I remember the Raptors traded Vince and Vince wasn't 100% healthy.

astrosmaniac
12-27-2010, 09:39 PM
for the last time, you can. the other team just has to have knowledge of the injury and consent anyway

Chronz
12-27-2010, 09:43 PM

For **** sake JB, you need to let go of your conspiracy theories, yes you can trade injured players.

Chronz
12-27-2010, 09:44 PM
they couldnt trade mcgrady because once he announced the surgery, toronto no longer wanted him

Toronto?

astrosmaniac
12-27-2010, 09:48 PM
my bad, new jersey. i knew it was trading for carter and i forget he was no longer in toronto :p

Chronz
12-27-2010, 10:58 PM
my bad, new jersey. i knew it was trading for carter and i forget he was no longer in toronto :p
Either way its BS

New Jersey would have loved Tmac, but anyone that even remotely follows Morey knows VC isnt the kind of move hed make for Tmacs valuable contract.

homestarunner93
12-27-2010, 11:47 PM
switch jackson with wallace and throw in something smallish from us to even it out and im happy :)

Nah, we need to get rid of S-Jax's contract more than we need to get rid of GerWal's.

JordansBulls
12-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Nah, we need to get rid of S-Jax's contract more than we need to get rid of GerWal's.

What do you need from the Bulls?

fadedmario
12-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Pistons maybe?

DeyAce
12-28-2010, 12:56 AM
my guess would be the Lakers, Heat, or Raptors

homestarunner93
12-28-2010, 01:17 AM
What do you need from the Bulls?

Honestly, I don't see why/how the Bobcats would make a trade with Chicago. The Bulls don't have many expirings, and the only young player that they would probably trade in a deal for Jackson is James Johnson.

NBA-GMaster
12-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Ideal trade for Yao:
Wallace, 2011 lottery pick plus 1-2 bad contract/s for Yao's contract, Jeffries and filler/s
Iggy and Brand plus 1st rd pick 2011 for Yao's contract plus filler

sep11ie
12-28-2010, 11:20 AM
my guess would be the Lakers, Heat, or Raptors

For the last god damn time. WTF do the Heat have to trade? NOTHING!

SteBO
12-28-2010, 11:24 AM
For the last god damn time. WTF do the Heat have to trade? NOTHING!

y does it matter? Yao's not comin here

sep11ie
12-28-2010, 12:04 PM
y does it matter? Yao's not comin here

For the ten or so people (INCLUDING THE ONE I QUOTED),that said he'd go to the Heat.

OT Thriller
12-28-2010, 08:07 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7355667.html

The Rockets have spoken with Sacramento, which has the sort of young talent the Rockets would seek, and Charlotte, which would more likely have to include attractive draft picks along with contracts, according to one individual familiar with the talks.

The Kings have been steadfast in a refusal to deal first-round pick DeMarcus Cousins, despite a rocky start. The Bobcats are more likely to offer players who don’t fit in to the Rockets’ plans, such as Boris Diaw and Nazr Mohammed, along with desirable draft considerations.

Nothing is close, with a deal much more likely closer to the February trade deadline, as with last season’s trade of Tracy McGrady’s expiring contract.

Yao, 30, who attended Monday’s game against the Wizards but declined to speak with the media, was given “a heads up” that his contract could be involved in trade talks before the Rockets began discussions with other teams, according to an individual with knowledge of those conversations.

If Yao got healthy, he would be a huge success in Sacramento. That team would make a fortune with the availability to the Chinese fan base. Charlotte is interesting too.

kblo247
12-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Teams who are in the luxury tax would trade for him and his expiring.

A team like the Bobcats or Hornets who lack profits would also trade for his name value and the perks that would come from moving his merch, likeness, and so on globally.

Yao even if he can't play anymore is a smart business investment.

gilly
12-28-2010, 11:06 PM
I'd give up Brand and Nocioni or something. I don't wanna give Iggy up for a cash break, I'd like some form of talent back. And our first rounder this year is going NOWHERE.

JordansBulls
12-29-2010, 12:14 AM
Pistons maybe?

Yao and Tmac back together.:D

astrosmaniac
12-29-2010, 01:28 AM
I'd give up Brand and Nocioni or something. I don't wanna give Iggy up for a cash break, I'd like some form of talent back. And our first rounder this year is going NOWHERE.

you'd have to give up iggy to get anyone to take brand (or possibly the lotto pick)

JordansBulls
01-03-2011, 01:18 PM
you'd have to give up iggy to get anyone to take brand (or possibly the lotto pick)

Iggy seems to be one of those guys that doesn't make the team better though.

Sixerlover
01-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Ideal trade for Yao:
Wallace, 2011 lottery pick plus 1-2 bad contract/s for Yao's contract, Jeffries and filler/s
Iggy and Brand plus 1st rd pick 2011 for Yao's contract plus filler

What time of tom foolery is that???

Kakaroach
01-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Yao is nothing more than an expiring at this point, I wouldn't expect too much in return besides a decent prospect and a first rounder.

el_primo_nano
01-03-2011, 10:33 PM
And who the hell would be crazy enough to take on that contract?? Thats a walking injury right there.

SteveNash
01-03-2011, 10:43 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=29jjsek

el_primo_nano
01-03-2011, 11:08 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=29jjsek

i wish Kobe would come to NY, but that will never happen even in my wildest fantasies Thats 3 of the starting 5 right there...