PDA

View Full Version : Should Griffin win ROY...

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
12-26-2010, 04:07 AM
...even though he wasn't drafted this year, isn't it fair to all the actual rookies that didn't practice/get stronger with an NBA team/coach for a season (he wasn't recovering for a full year) to get a fair chance. Players like Wall, Fields, Cousins dont stand a chance against Griffin

** if this thread was already made, i apologize. I didnt see it.

The Dream
12-26-2010, 04:13 AM
i find it fair. griffin should win .. it's not lie he played any games last year. he's a total ugly beast

Niro
12-26-2010, 08:44 AM
yes, european players are practicing/playing with professionell teams as well befor they get to the nba and can win roy

John Walls Era
12-26-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm all for giving it to Wall too. But rules are rules, Griffin is allowed to get it.

tredigs
12-26-2010, 01:06 PM
...even though he wasn't drafted this year, isn't it fair to all the actual rookies that didn't practice/get stronger with an NBA team/coach for a season (he wasn't recovering for a full year) to get a fair chance. Players like Wall, Fields, Cousins dont stand a chance against Griffin

** if this thread was already made, i apologize. I didnt see it.

No, that's ridiculous. For one, he was recovering and not game ready for the entire season. Rehabbing with NBA level facilities (which at this point, are not all that much better than the top D1 universities) is far different than training with them.

What about foreign players who come in after a certain amount of years playing pro in Spain, Italy, etc? Are they also ineligible? Should a 4 year college player have to get 4x the votes as someone who comes out in year 1, due to all the extra training they got?

Penalize him for all of his hard work in the off-season to come back from such a significant injury and put up one of the most impressive rookie performances thus far in recent history? Yeah bro, good call.

As for Wall, let's see if he's actually going to play more than half the games this season before we start talking about him in the ROY race. Right now it's: #1: Blake (possibly unanimous). #2: Fields (possibly unanimous as the 2). Nobody else matters until we see when/how Wall comes back.

Iodine
12-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Yeah let's punish the guy for working his *** off after the most disappointing injury he has probably ever had. And as Tre said if you punish him, then you have to punish everyone

zambo4president
12-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Griff should win unanimously at this point

DeyAce
12-26-2010, 01:38 PM
It's pretty damn obvious...YES!!!

mjqusoldier
12-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Fields!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is contributing to a winning team.

ball4reel
12-26-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm all for giving it to Wall too. But rules are rules, Griffin is allowed to get it.

Wall wouldn't get it even if Griffin was not ROY,Whe was the last time Wall even played?

John Walls Era
12-26-2010, 01:50 PM

That never matters. Fields is a feel good story, but theres no way he will get ROY. Can you imagine giving Fields the awards? I can't.

DerekRE_3
12-26-2010, 01:53 PM

So is Gary Neal. Let's give him ROY.

Iodine
12-26-2010, 01:55 PM

YES :)
Or splitty
Or **** it Blair :)

John Walls Era
12-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Wall wouldn't get it even if Griffin was not ROY,Whe was the last time Wall even played?

Wall could win on hype alone. Theres still 60% of the season left. Griffin will get it though (no unanimous, but close).

tredigs
12-26-2010, 02:02 PM
^If Wall comes back soon and starts averaging 20+ppg 9+apg and leads the league in steals while not missing any more significant time, he'll be in the hunt. I'd say there's about 30% chance of that happening - and 60% of the time I'm right all the time.

Iodine
12-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Stop using logic tre

tredigs
12-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Stop using logic tre

Landry Fields shud be MVP becus his team is better an if not him JW cuz he goes ballz to the Wallz!

Iodine
12-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Dun fuggut baot dat man VC, HE COMMIN BACK DIZ TIME

tredigs
12-26-2010, 02:11 PM
DEy tooK his JOBSS!!

Iodine
12-26-2010, 02:16 PM
He duz da purdy hai-lites

mttwlsn16
12-26-2010, 02:17 PM

lol

blueplanet
12-26-2010, 02:18 PM
A 20/9/2 Wall could very well win the ROY if he comes back soon. Don't fool yourself.

RocketsRule
12-26-2010, 02:21 PM
So you want to penalize a guy for coming back from a potential career-ending surgery and being a top PF in the league? I mean it just makes no sense, figuring he probably had to work hard just to get his game back to where it was before.

Iodine
12-26-2010, 02:27 PM
A 20/9/2 Wall could very well win the ROY if he comes back soon. Don't fool yourself.

And a healthy 20/12/4 Orebound Griffin shooting above 50% while having played the 12th most minutes(which means he's healthy), top 10 in free throw percentage and swagtastic TS% WILL win the ROY

JermMyG
12-26-2010, 02:32 PM
yes I think Blake deserves the award , whether it is this year , or had been last year , hes putting up great numbers & playing well so far in his first full year in the league.

Now heres a question ! not paying attention to the year tyreke evans is having this year , if blake was healthy last year , playing how he's playing this year ,

Who you think would have won ROY ? or who would you have voted for ?

Me being a blake fan out of college , my vote definitely goes to him.

WizFan3
12-26-2010, 02:44 PM
i say griffin shouldnt be aloud to go for it who cares if he was injured in a way that is kind of his fault and if jwall keeps missing games he is deff not going to win it so i could see fields winning roy

97NYer
12-26-2010, 02:47 PM
1.Blake Griffin
2.John Wall

Distant 3. My boy Landry Fields

tredigs
12-26-2010, 03:00 PM
yes I think Blake deserves the award , whether it is this year , or had been last year , hes putting up great numbers & playing well so far in his first full year in the league.

Now heres a question ! not paying attention to the year tyreke evans is having this year , if blake was healthy last year , playing how he's playing this year ,

Who you think would have won ROY ? or who would you have voted for ?

Me being a blake fan out of college , my vote definitely goes to him.

Blake, definitely. Though I still say it should've gone to Curry over 'Reke.

Iodine
12-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Blake, definitely. Though I still say it should've gone to Curry over 'Reke.

You silly Dubs fan

thekmp211
12-26-2010, 03:12 PM
hmmmm well the only other rookies to ever average 20/12

duncan
shaq
wilt
petit
baylor
walt belammy
elvin hayes
robinson

so i'd say he's a, uh, solid candidate for the award. what's scary is that his game has a lot of room to develop. one of my favorite players in the league.

Bornknick73
12-26-2010, 03:27 PM

Gary WHO?

ROY is a 2 man race right now. Griffen and Fields. Im sure Wall will work his way in once he gets healthy to make it a 3 man race.

If ROY was based on flashy dunks I'd go with Griffen.

If it was based on impact and contribution to the team I'd go with Fields.

If it was based on name recognition I'd go with Wall.

thats where it stands right now. Im sure Wall will make a impact once he gets healthy. The bottom line is for all his flashy dunks (Griffen) his team still sucks and they are lottery bound once again.

Fields on the other hand leads all NBA guards in rebounding and is top 5 in all rookie categories. He is a prime reason for the Knicks resurgence all the while he gets no plays called for him EVER! He impacts the game. He makes winning plays for his team. The system has nothing to do with what Fields does. Hes just not as flashy as Griffen, or score as many points as Griffen does on a 8-22 team. And this isnt homer ******** its a fact. He contributes to wins. For all his flash and pizzaz Griffen doesnt impact the game. He gets his stats and they lose again.

He will win in the ESPN era for having the most highlights, but overall Fields is the ROY right now.

Hawkeye15
12-26-2010, 03:28 PM
rules state he is a rookie. And there hasn't been a rookie playing anywhere near his level. Griffin is running away with it currently.

Iodine
12-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Gary WHO?

ROY is a 2 man race right now. Griffen and Fields. Im sure Wall will work his way in once he gets healthy to make it a 3 man race.

thats where it stands right now. Im sure Wall will make a impact once he gets healthy. The bottom line is for all his flashy dunks (Griffen) his team still sucks and they are lottery bound once again.

Fields on the other hand leads all NBA guards in rebounding and is top 5 in all rookie categories. He is a prime reason for the Knicks resurgence all the while he gets no plays called for him EVER! He impacts the game. He makes winning plays for his team. The system has nothing to do with what Fields does. Hes just not as flashy as Griffen, or score as many points as Griffen does on a 8-22 team. And this isnt homer ******** its a fact. He contributes to wins. For all his flash and pizzaz Griffen doesnt impact the game. He gets his stats and they lose again.

He will win in the ESPN era for having the most highlights, but overall Fields is the ROY right now.
I bet the Knicks would trade fields for Griffin in a heartbeat

mjqusoldier
12-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Im going to go out on a limb and say Fields will win more rings than Griffi and Wall combined.

avrpatsfan
12-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Is there any question? He deserves it 100%.

cargobox
12-26-2010, 03:38 PM
hey man, look at Pau Gasol and Brandon Jennings. They were ALREADY playing in the European league. He deserves it, he has good work ethic, it's not his fault he got injured, and he shouldn't be robbed of a title that is rightfully is. To those IDIOTS who say Landry Fields, you're just a big *** homer

cargobox
12-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Gary WHO?

Yeah because 10.5 ppg and 7.6 rebs is way better than 20.9 ppg and 12.4 rebounds. YUP :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

thekmp211
12-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Gary WHO?

are you trying to say the clippers would be over .500 if they swapped landry for blake?

it's commentary like this that baffles me to the point where i can't respond. i love landry, he's a great player, but if you REALLY think he's a better player than Griffin...i don't even know what to say. Responding with logic doesn't seem like the best move.

cargobox
12-26-2010, 03:49 PM
are you trying to say the clippers would be over .500 if they swapped landry for blake?

it's commentary like this that baffles me to the point where i can't respond. i love landry, he's a great player, but if you REALLY think he's a better player than Griffin...i don't even know what to say. Responding with logic doesn't seem like the best move.

I agree.
I just don't see Landry Fields as a number 1 option but rather number 2 or a role player? Who knows? I maybe wrong. But you can really put Blake Griffin as the number 1 guy.

Iodine
12-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Landry is a great hustle player I would love him on my spurs... But I can never see him as a game changer

thekmp211
12-26-2010, 03:53 PM
I agree.
I just don't see Landry Fields as a number 1 option but rather number 2 or a role player? Who knows? I maybe wrong. But you can really put Blake Griffin as the number 1 guy.

not even a number two guy. 4/5 on a good team, doing exactly what he does now which is a little bit of everything.

people seem to think that every player that excels in a certain role would be a superstar if they had plays ran through them and whatnot. fields is excelling by doing exactly what he's good at.

Hawkeye15
12-26-2010, 03:59 PM
is there actually a debate for Fields over Griffin here? wow

Griffin is playing like a top 5-6 PF. Fields isn't even a top 50 player

Griffin will most likely be the best PF in the NBA in 3 years. Fields will be a great complimentary player

Cmon dudes. This is the easiest call I can remember to this point.

tredigs
12-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Gary WHO?

I'll make this short. Do you have NBA League Pass buddy? Turn it on the Clippers/Suns game right now, watch at least one half, then come back here and personally apologize to everyone for your egregious homerism and lack of anything resembling common sense or intelligence of the game.

Blake Griffin is the most blatant budding superstar this league has seen in years. He can rebound, score and dish at an elite level already as far as the bigs in this league is concerned. He has created a buzz around the Clippers and the entire league. 2nd most double doubles in all of the NBA.

...Landry Fields is the 5th option (tho' I love the guy, great glue player) on a mid level eastern conference playoff squad. But I've already said too much. Just watch Blake play, then we'll take that apology.

Flash3
12-26-2010, 04:52 PM
lol still kinda sounds weird calling the knicks a "winning" team. long time waiting for knicks fans.

NYKalltheway
12-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Well if you don't want Griffin to be eligible for the Rookie of the Year award just hand him the Most Improved Player award... I guess his stats skyrocketted from 0/0/0/0/0 last season and he deserves it

Flash3
12-26-2010, 04:56 PM
I bet the Knicks would trade fields for Griffin in a heartbeat

no. he wouldn't fit and doesn't have nearly the heart fields has. fields will become an all star based solely on his hustle. Shawn marion 2.0

Iodine
12-26-2010, 05:00 PM
no. he wouldn't fit and doesn't have nearly the heart fields has. fields will become an all star based solely on his hustle. Shawn marion 2.0

For the love of god use a less annoying color

masalex1205
12-26-2010, 05:20 PM

:facepalm: Here come the homer Fields nut-huggers

Blake is the ROY, its not even close; IMO he's an All-Star

John Walls Era
12-26-2010, 05:24 PM
Im going to go out on a limb and say Fields will win more rings than Griffi and Wall combined.

This is true only if Fields gets traded.

masalex1205
12-26-2010, 05:38 PM

1.) Nice font.

2.) Marion is a bad comparison; Marion is athletic and Landry is not...more like Shane Battier 2.0

3.) I like Landry Field...a lot...but he gets completely overrated on this site. Yes he's a good fit the system in New York but if you think that they wouldnt trade Landry Fields for Blake Griffin then I'm sorry but I can't have a conversation w/ you...that's just too ridiculously stupid...peace enjoy this thread boys

ClayMatthews
12-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Is this a legitimate question. Lets be real. Yes.

joeboow90
12-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Griffin is the ROY thats it no discussion. #2 is Landry Fields he's been a great player for the Knicks barely anybody knew who he was before the season started but hes a really good role player in this league.

Griffin is just amazing tho, hes been playing at an all-star level its not his fault they have a horrible team around him.

knicks4life33
12-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Um yeahhhhhh

Flash3
12-26-2010, 05:57 PM
1.) Nice font.

2.) Marion is a bad comparison; Marion is athletic and Landry is not...more like Shane Battier 2.0

3.) I like Landry Field...a lot...but he gets completely overrated on this site. Yes he's a good fit the system in New York but if you think that they wouldnt trade Landry Fields for Blake Griffin then I'm sorry but I can't have a conversation w/ you...that's just too ridiculously stupid...peace enjoy this thread boys

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4662531/y-u-no-catch-my-sarcasm-.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Y-U-NO

PhillyFaninLA
12-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Griffin didn't play last year so there is no reason for him not to be considered a rookie.

NYsFinest
12-26-2010, 06:15 PM
It's griffin and its not even close...

but to the guy who said Fields in not athletic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ark51dDGKZY

knicksfan42
12-26-2010, 06:34 PM

Fields is definitely athletic, only someone who's never watched him play would say that he isn't, but yea Griffin's taking it.

ElMarroAfamado
12-26-2010, 07:01 PM

Wow
:facepalm:

Flash3
12-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Wow

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4662531/y-u-no-catch-my-sarcasm-.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Y-U-NO

Flash3
12-26-2010, 07:50 PM

he is most definitely athletic. Saw him in the summer league i thought he was a big man. Guess i wasn't focusing enough kinda was shocked he was a wing player when i first watched him in the nba :laugh2:

Crackadalic
12-26-2010, 08:21 PM
I love fields but to put him over blake is dumb. ROY is a stat award. whoever has the best stat by the end of the year wins /thread

Flash3
12-26-2010, 08:22 PM
I love fields but to put him over blake is dumb. ROY is a stat award. whoever has the best stat by the end of the year wins /thread

+1

i dont know why they treat it like the mvp award.

Bornknick73
12-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Never said Fields was better, I said he impacts the game more. Fields is nowhere near Griffen skill wise, but for all his skill they still suck.

tredigs
12-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Never said Fields was better, I said he impacts the game more. Fields is nowhere near Griffen skill wise, but for all his skill they still suck.
Hahah...
No you g'dang homer, he is nowhere NEAR as impactful. Blake is
the Clips best player, can you make that statement about Fields? If this was a vote by NBA, I can assure you NONE of them... Including Amare, would say Fields has the greater impact. Just stop.

Flash3
12-26-2010, 08:59 PM

its cause the knicks have some sort of an identity, a good pg, competent wing players, superstar pf, competent head coach, owner who provides a winning mentality within the organization,

lac is gordon, griffin, and some good rookies, no team identity, horrendous coach,owner who quite frankly doesnt care thus sending a bad vibe through out the organization and especially towards veterans who need some sort of motivation ( davis)

Blake impacts the game more but he can't do it by himself.

Bornknick73
12-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Hahah...
No you g'dang homer, he is nowhere NEAR as impactful. Blake is
the Clips best player, can you make that statement about Fields? If this was a vote by NBA, I can assure you NONE of them... Including Amare, would say Fields has the greater impact. Just stop.

Im sorry I must have missed Blake's game winning highlight reels. Landry impacts the game by doing all the things it takes to win. Loose balls, hustle, tip ins, timely shots, timely putbacks. Again Im not saying Fields is better (for all those who dont read or comprehend that well) im saying Fields makes the plays that win games while Blake just makes plays.

Oohhhs and AAhhhhs dont win games. Being in the SC top 10 plays doesnt win games. It might win you ROY but as you can plainly see it isnt translating into wins.

Fields makes the winning play every time, the smart play. I figured some of you wouldnt understand the angle i was coming from. You're too dense to understand the level of basketball im talking about. All you people care about is numbers. Thats how you people judge players. Ill give you a number....

8-22

Im not against Blake, and again im not saying Fields is better. Im saying Fields makes better game winning plays. Plays that help his team win. And with the record they have Griffen's impact is non existent. For all that he does they arent better than last year or the years before that....some impact.

For all his stat stuffing the Clips are still 8-22 and going nowhere.

Yeah thats a real impact....:facepalm:

Flash3
12-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Im sorry I must have missed Blake's game winning highlight reels. Landry impacts the game by doing all the things it takes to win. Loose balls, hustle, tip ins, timely shots, timely putbacks. Again Im not saying Fields is better (for all those who dont read or comprehend that well) im saying Fields makes the plays that win games while Blake just makes plays.

Oohhhs and AAhhhhs dont win games. Being in the SC top 10 plays doesnt win games. It might win you ROY but as you can plainly see it isnt translating into wins.

Fields makes the winning play every time, the smart play. I figured some of you wouldnt understand the angle i was coming from. You're too dense to understand the level of basketball im talking about. All you people care about is numbers. Thats how you people judge players. Ill give you a number....

8-22

Im not against Blake, and again im not saying Fields is better. Im saying Fields makes better game winning plays. Plays that help his team win. And with the record they have Griffen's impact is non existent. For all that he does they arent better than last year or the years before that....some impact.

landry on the clippers and they'd be 2-28

thekmp211
12-26-2010, 10:10 PM

8-22

lol. dude, what's hilarious is you sitting here on your high horse talking about levels of basketball that people understand. you can't even spell blake GRIFFIN's name right.

the clippers are a REBUILDING ORGANIZATION. They SEVERELY LACK TALENT, and more importantly, EXPERIENCE. There are so many holes on the team, from the coach to the front office to the starters to the bench, that even the very best players in the league could not make them contenders.

do you understand that basketball is TEAM game? That you can only contribute so much as an individual and that your precious wins are only acheieved by good TEAM play.

Blake Griffin plays on a terrible team. TERRIBLE. They have no point guard, no center, and no depth. Their coach is renowned as one of the worst in the league.

Expecting any ONE person, rookie or not, to turn around such a train wreck is utter lunacy.

How can you expect Griffin to exhibit these "contributing" statistics on a game to game basis if his team is so completely outmatched every time? How is he supposed to make "winning plays" if his team has no chance of winning?

Do you think the Clippers would have ONE more win than they do now if you flipped Fields for Griffin? If you do, you're nuts.

Stand by the theory if you want but please keep in mind that absolutely no one, from scouts to GM's to players to former players to pundits to analysts to bloggers to casual fans to stat heads to NBA insiders....NO ONE....agrees with you. The fact that you think your opinion is the nuanced, enlightened one just makes it downright laughable.

cargobox
12-26-2010, 10:12 PM

8-22

Yeah real impact when you put Landry Fields on the Clips. 0-22. YUP, cause he's that great. Girffin's impact is non-existent? IF ANYTHING AMAR'E IS THE IMPACT. You really don't know what you're talking about. So your statement basically says that Blake doesn't help with the winning? You deserve to be put on my ignored list

Raph12
12-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Is it fair to the other rookies? No

Is it fair to Blake to get a shot at the award? Hell to the yeah

NYsFinest
12-26-2010, 10:44 PM
I think the original argument of this thread was whether Blake should be eligible or should guys like Fields and Wall be given a chance. I am a huge Knicks but I don't see how there can even a debate about this... Blake Griffin will most likely at one point in his career be a top 10-15 player in the NBA. Fields is a steal and has great value to the Knicks, but to compare him to a guy who may very well be in the running for MVP later in his career is insane.

effen5
12-26-2010, 10:47 PM
Wall wouldn't be in my top three to win it right now...

Blakes a ****in beast hes going to win this hands down.

ElMarroAfamado
12-26-2010, 10:56 PM
its cause the knicks have some sort of an identity, a good pg, competent wing players, superstar pf, competent head coach, owner who provides a winning mentality within the organization,

lac is gordon, griffin, and some good rookies, no team identity, horrendous coach,owner who quite frankly doesnt care thus sending a bad vibe through out the organization and especially towards veterans who need some sort of motivation ( davis)

Blake impacts the game more but he can't do it by himself.

wow. perfectly said.
:clap::clap::clap:

Amare1
12-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Yes he should win it

blacknell
12-27-2010, 12:17 AM
yea, he didn't have game conditioning and he had 0 NBA game experience

Cromedome
12-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Of course this is unfair to the 2010-2011 rookies. Blake Griffin hurt himself in the preseason LAST YEAR!

His basketball card for his ROOKIE season should say.... 0 points per game, 0 assists and 0 rebounds.

thekmp211
12-27-2010, 02:08 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-101227/daily-dime

the first article is a pretty nice piece on how griffin (and air gordon) are molding the identity of this young clippers team. seemed appropriate.

tredigs
12-27-2010, 02:17 AM
lol. dude, what's hilarious is you sitting here on your high horse talking about levels of basketball that people understand. you can't even spell blake GRIFFIN's name right.

the clippers are a REBUILDING ORGANIZATION. They SEVERELY LACK TALENT, and more importantly, EXPERIENCE. There are so many holes on the team, from the coach to the front office to the starters to the bench, that even the very best players in the league could not make them contenders.

do you understand that basketball is TEAM game? That you can only contribute so much as an individual and that your precious wins are only acheieved by good TEAM play.

Blake Griffin plays on a terrible team. TERRIBLE. They have no point guard, no center, and no depth. Their coach is renowned as one of the worst in the league.

Expecting any ONE person, rookie or not, to turn around such a train wreck is utter lunacy.

How can you expect Griffin to exhibit these "contributing" statistics on a game to game basis if his team is so completely outmatched every time? How is he supposed to make "winning plays" if his team has no chance of winning?

Do you think the Clippers would have ONE more win than they do now if you flipped Fields for Griffin? If you do, you're nuts.

Stand by the theory if you want but please keep in mind that absolutely no one, from scouts to GM's to players to former players to pundits to analysts to bloggers to casual fans to stat heads to NBA insiders....NO ONE....agrees with you. The fact that you think your opinion is the nuanced, enlightened one just makes it downright laughable.

I saw his continued cognitive dissonance and thought about just leaving it be, but you hit every nail on the head. Doubt they'll be any point in him responding further, and I thank you for sparing us all the time.

thekmp211
12-27-2010, 02:21 AM
I saw his continued cognitive dissonance and thought about just leaving it be, but you hit every nail on the head. Doubt they'll be any point in him responding further, and I thank you for sparing us all the time.

hey now, you've put down enough silly posters in your time the least i can do is try and silence one troll.

sargon21
12-27-2010, 02:40 AM
21 and 12... he better be the ROY, the kid is ****in amazing

knicks_champ
12-27-2010, 03:09 AM
Okay okay... I have the solution to this..

Most improved award goes to Blake
Rookie of the Year goes to Fields. :p

iggypop123
12-27-2010, 04:23 AM
the question isnt whether he should be ROY, its if he should be an all star. ROY is locked up

Cromedome
12-27-2010, 04:24 AM
makes sense to me

dodie53
12-27-2010, 04:24 AM
he deserves it,
no one wants to get injured for a whole season

$KnicksAndKobe$
12-27-2010, 11:17 AM
You guys think he would of been this good last year? Reason I ask is because last year he did get injured but he still got NBA experience his rookie year.

NYKalltheway
12-27-2010, 11:35 AM
You guys think he would of been this good last year? Reason I ask is because last year he did get injured but he still got NBA experience his rookie year.

So if I get a free season ticket and a pass to watch training sessions I'll become better? :cool:

raptor fan
12-27-2010, 11:59 AM
of course he should win ROY. there's nothing that says otherwise in the rules, so if he is worthy, he should win.

ATX
12-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Thus far, yes, hands down. He has been the best rookie.

jzstud4
12-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Griffin will win he is the best rookie out the tere he never playedlast year which meanas he is a rookie they were saying the same thing about oden when he got hurt his rookies season who out there even compares to griffin ? NO FIELDS

icon1914
12-27-2010, 01:13 PM

If Thabeet got hurt last year, do you really believe he would be in the conversation for ROY? Sitting out and gaining marginal experience should not be seen as a major advantage.

xbrackattackx
12-27-2010, 01:31 PM
If Thabeet got hurt last year, do you really believe he would be in the conversation for ROY? Sitting out and gaining marginal experience should not be seen as a major advantage.

This.

ashyzup
12-27-2010, 02:22 PM
the question isnt whether he should be ROY, its if he should be an all star. ROY is locked up

The West is pretty stacked when it comes to top forwards right now. I mean who would you replace in the top four voted forwards right now to have a slot for Griffin? Durant, Gasol, Carmelo, or Dirk? And would you place Griffin above Duncan or even Kevin Love? Those two would possibly not make the all-stars if the voting ended today. And all the forwards listed above except for Love are in winning teams.

Knicks Fire Dog
12-27-2010, 03:01 PM
:facepalm: Here come the homer Fields nut-huggers

Blake is the ROY, its not even close; IMO he's an All-Star

Again, its crazy. A part of me says he shouldn't be considered but the other says he will win hands down. I am not a homer by any means and I do think Blake Griffen should be consisdered for the ALL Star Game!

ashyzup
12-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Again, its crazy. A part of me says he shouldn't be considered but the other says he will win hands down. I am not a homer by any means and I do think Blake Griffen should be consisdered for the ALL Star Game!

I agree Blake Griffin is playing great but would you really put him above Durant, Dirk, Gasol, Carmelo, Duncan, and even Kevin Love for the all-star game? He will be a perennial all-star but he will not be one this year.

thekmp211
12-27-2010, 03:55 PM
The West is pretty stacked when it comes to top forwards right now. I mean who would you replace in the top four voted forwards right now to have a slot for Griffin? Durant, Gasol, Carmelo, or Dirk? And would you place Griffin above Duncan or even Kevin Love? Those two would possibly not make the all-stars if the voting ended today. And all the forwards listed above except for Love are in winning teams.

its tough. he's deserving, in the east he'd probably make it as a reserve.

durant and gasol/dirk will get the starting forward spots. the odd man out of those three will certainly be picked as a reserve.

duncan should, and hopefully will, be put in as the starting center once yao wins the vote. if bynum is allowed to start, he should give up his spot. it would be a travesty.

if that scenario works out, i think melo and love definitely get in. blake has an outside shot depending on how many forwards the coach wants to carry.

if duncan gets in as a reserve forward, i think griffin misses out. as awesome as he has been, kevin love pretty much has to be an all star this year. he's been too good.

if not this year, many years to come.

Knicks Fire Dog
12-27-2010, 04:03 PM
I agree Blake Griffin is playing great but would you really put him above Durant, Dirk, Gasol, Carmelo, Duncan, and even Kevin Love for the all-star game? He will be a perennial all-star but he will not be one this year.

I know its tough man, its very tough. He wont make it but you could make a case he could. But unlike ROY, All Star is all about team records. I just hope the Clippers become better. BG doesn't deserve to be on that team

Tony_Starks
12-27-2010, 06:07 PM

Gasol and Durant are starting. Out of the reserves I wouldn't put him over Dirk. But Duncan, Love, and Melo hell yes I'd put him over them easily with no second thought.