PDA

View Full Version : Can we all agree the M V P chant has gotten out of hand

ChiTownPacerFan
12-26-2010, 02:23 AM
This chant should be reserved for a few elite players. Now, every time a good player has a nice game, the crowd inevitably goes to this chant. Also, I don't want to hear people chant MVP until at least March. Anyone agree with me on this?

Evolution23
12-26-2010, 02:24 AM
who cares?

asandhu23
12-26-2010, 02:25 AM
and here come Monta haters...

Dade County
12-26-2010, 02:29 AM
That **** is crazy, MVP every game, but let the fans that pay for their tickets, say anything they like..........

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-26-2010, 02:33 AM
WTF? Who cares?

Every team has their own MVP and if they want to show appreciation for them more power to 'em. And the player must also love hearing those chants regardless of their record because they know their fans still care and acknowledge their great play.

Crackadalic
12-26-2010, 02:36 AM
since when should a fan be allowed what and what not to say? they can scream out your a penis all day and it wouldnt matter. they payed for there tickets so they have the right to scream out MVP for there players

Pack_Attack6
12-26-2010, 02:37 AM
it does get a bit outrageous. I don't remember who it was the other night but the player wasn't even an all star and got the chant. I think if they are a solid contender for the award then chant away. but some players just dont deserve it. I think Monta does in the case of the Warriors, top 5 in scoring and lead team to the win tonight.

saintdrew
12-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Chris Paul my estate.

momoneyyyy
12-26-2010, 02:44 AM
dirk for mvp!!

Raps18-19 Champ
12-26-2010, 02:45 AM
They paid to attend the game and support their players. Even if it is outrages, leame them alone.

jim51990
12-26-2010, 02:46 AM
and here come Monta haters...

agreed i dont understand why hes hated on so much

goblazers7
12-26-2010, 02:50 AM
Monta got the chant tonight. Made me wonder.

goldenstater
12-26-2010, 02:53 AM
I thought this would come! Lol. I wasn't at the game tonight and I personally would not chant that for monta cause obviously he is and will not be MVP but for a warriors fan I have no problem with it cause I see it as just an appreciation chant. And for us warriors fans we obviously have not had a lot to celebrate in a long while and monta has worked his *** off for us and I do believe without a doubt deserves to be an allstar ( whether he makes it or not). I truly believe its more of an appreciation chant than an actual belief that he is mvp cause were not that good but he has been flat out nasty this year so far.

tredigs
12-26-2010, 02:58 AM
I thought this would come! Lol. I wasn't at the game tonight and I personally would not chant that for monta cause obviously he is and will not be MVP but for a warriors fan I have no problem with it cause I see it as just an appreciation chant. And for us warriors fans we obviously have not had a lot to celebrate in a long while and monta has worked his *** off for us and I do believe without a doubt deserves to be an allstar ( whether he makes it or not). I truly believe its more of an appreciation chant than an actual belief that he is mvp cause were not that good but he has been flat out nasty this year so far.

Exactly, Warriors fans aren't stupid. Every one of them knows damn well Monta isn't a legitimate candidate, but he was playing like an MVP on a fairly big stage tonight. Well deserved appreciative chant from the crazy *** Warriors fans.

As for other players? I don't care. Is it funny/annoying at times, sure. But really, who cares.

ChiTownPacerFan
12-26-2010, 02:58 AM
I'm not saying fans can't say whatever they want, I'm just saying this particular chant is uncreative, misused, and lame. It is quickly becoming the verbal equivalent of "The Wave". Let me put it this way, if your teams star player has a great game, but clearly isn't an MVP candidate, the only reason you are chanting MVP is because you are too dumb to come up with something better.

tredigs
12-26-2010, 03:02 AM
I'm not saying fans can't say whatever they want, I'm just saying this particular chant is uncreative, misused, and lame. It is quickly becoming the verbal equivalent of "The Wave". Let me put it this way, if your teams star player has a great game, but clearly isn't an MVP candidate, the only reason you are chanting MVP is because you are too dumb to come up with something better.

What should they chant? "ALL - STAR - GAME!"? That just doesn't have the same effect, though in Monta's case it would be fitting, as he's been on the verge without getting in a couple years now (probably more of the same this season).

And truth be told, as much as I don't think Monta's the right piece for this particular team, if the W's can crawl up near .500*, he should probably be an all star this year - regardless of how stacked the west guards are.

Kobe/D. Will/Cp3/Westbrook/Monta.

ChiTownPacerFan
12-26-2010, 03:06 AM

Why is it so hard to come up with something else? It's just so lazy. Why not chant under-rated, or savior (it was Christmas after all), or bullet (that's his nickname right?). I know this isn't a big deal, but this has been bothering me for a bit. FTR, this isn't just about Monta.

-tredigs, I knew someone would ask, I just gave you three possibilities and I'm not even a Warrior fan. Surely they could come up with something.

Geargo Wallace
12-26-2010, 03:08 AM
Bargnani for MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChiTownPacerFan
12-26-2010, 03:25 AM
Here is an older video of Raptors fans chanting MVP for Chris Bosh, the first week of the season:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWOBecj5qeE

This is the kind of idiocy I'm talking about. It makes NBA fans look dumb IMO. You would never hear Orioles chant MVP as Nick Markakis came up to the plate on opening weekend.

DoJoTheSlasher
12-26-2010, 03:39 AM
In NBA2K10, the fans chanted MVP for Kenyon Martin once.

goldenstater
12-26-2010, 04:09 AM
Why is it so hard to come up with something else? It's just so lazy. Why not chant under-rated, or savior (it was Christmas after all), or bullet (that's his nickname right?). I know this isn't a big deal, but this has been bothering me for a bit. FTR, this isn't just about Monta.

-tredigs, I knew someone would ask, I just gave you three possibilities and I'm not even a Warrior fan. Surely they could come up with something.

I don't disagree with that. That's why I said I personally wouldn't ay that. I agree with something more creative.

Kashmir13579
12-26-2010, 06:15 AM

ChiTownPacerFan
12-26-2010, 06:29 AM
Kashmir,

1. My name is ChiTownPacerFan.
2. I have heard D. Rose get the MVP chant multiple times this season.
3. I am not fond of the MVP chant for Amare or Rose, not at this stage of the season anyway.

Reddd
12-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Kashmir,

1. My name is ChiTownPacerFan.
2. I have heard D. Rose get the MVP chant multiple times this season.
3. I am not fond of the MVP chant for Amare or Rose, not at this stage of the season anyway.

Did you honestly expect, that someone would respond 'yes! you're right! this has to stop, it's outrageous, NBA should ban it' orsmth?

hell, I'd scream 'MVP' to Trenton Hassell if he makes back to back lay-ups.

Minimal
12-26-2010, 06:50 AM
LeBron got the MVP chant in LA...

TO to the CHI
12-26-2010, 08:42 AM

It really is sad that reading is so difficult for you.

ichitownclowni
12-26-2010, 08:47 AM
D-Rose for MVP

Corey
12-26-2010, 09:02 AM
I heard Monta getting the MVP chant last night :laugh2:

Basketash
12-26-2010, 09:27 AM
IF your player is playing great yell MVP all you want!

THE MTL
12-26-2010, 10:06 AM
Monta Ellis shouldnt get the chant!

zambo4president
12-26-2010, 11:53 AM
When I heard Monta Ellis getting MVP chants last night I was almost shocked a fanbase could be so wildly biased.

PhillyFaninLA
12-26-2010, 12:06 PM
This chant should be reserved for a few elite players. Now, every time a good player has a nice game, the crowd inevitably goes to this chant. Also, I don't want to hear people chant MVP until at least March. Anyone agree with me on this?

Fans have the right to cheer for the their team and their players. If a fan wants to support a player the root for with an MVP chant that is their right, it kind of comes with the price of admission.

goldenstater
12-26-2010, 12:47 PM
When I heard Monta Ellis getting MVP chants last night I was almost shocked a fanbase could be so wildly biased.

Uhhh the game was in Oakland! Ofcourse there going to be biased. Its there team. Were all biased to our own team in some way or another. So your shocked by a natural fan reaction that happen in every arena across America ( maybe not all by chanting ) I mean we all do it, how many time has your favorite player gone to the rim and u scream at the TV " he got fouled" its the same concept. And as for the wild part, well were just wild our here in the bay by nature soooo...:D

Ray_R
12-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Yea i think itsannoying it should only be reserved for Scalabrine!

NYG/NYC-RK
12-26-2010, 01:18 PM
**** that. The MVP chant at the garden has been a long time waiting, and the fact that we even have a player worth the award is wonderful in its own.

avrpatsfan
12-26-2010, 01:18 PM
My question is who gives a ****?

Sandman
12-26-2010, 01:20 PM

It should be reserved until late in the season, for sure.

I think the fans do a decent job of sorting through who deserves it or not.

SNYmets86
12-26-2010, 01:23 PM
M v p , m v p , m v p

SNYmets86
12-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Yea i think itsannoying it should only be reserved for Scalabrine!

I LIKE THAT SIG LOL :clap:

OldSchool
12-26-2010, 01:27 PM
They havent got out of hand at MSG.

tredigs
12-26-2010, 01:35 PM

Last 3 games (W's 2-1) Monta's averaging 40ppg (on 53% shooting), 7apg (2 turnovers), 3stl and .7blk. Has games of 46, 39, 40, 38, 44, 39 this year while shooting the 2nd highest fg% from the SG position. The Warriors fans aren't delusional, we know damn well he isn't on an MVP caliber team, but let's just say the other teams fans might need to start hearing those chants on National TV to actually take a look at what the guy's doing in this league. Warriors are a far better team than their 10-18 record indicates (right when Chandler bit through Lee's arm and he went out, the Dubs fell apart after their 6-2 start and fresh off the win in NY), and now that Udoh's back along with Steph Curry and David Lee getting back into form, they're probably going to start putting together some wins much like they did to start the season.

He's no MVP, but that guy is absolutely playing like an all star this season.

DeyAce
12-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Ellis is playing beastly right now. He deserves the MVP chant

lvlheaded
12-26-2010, 02:06 PM
If they wanna chant MVP, let them. Period

Bornknick73
12-26-2010, 02:46 PM
I think if your best player is getting the chant in arenas other than your own by fans of other teams....

Or if your best player is pulling your franchise out of a 10 year hell and without them you would be a lottery team....

Cano4prez
12-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Why does it matter

sep11ie
12-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Mvp mvp mvp

thekmp211
12-26-2010, 03:22 PM
here's the new chant --

"GOOD GAME (INSERT NAME) BUT ITS ONLY ONE GAME STAY FOCUSED!"

i find that it rolls off the tongue...

j/p, it is certainly annoying but i can't say i really care...

cargobox
12-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Who cares? It's the fans cheering for their OWN best player meaning "most valuable player" on THEIR team. Doesn't mean league MVP, sheesh. It's just fans being passionate about their team!

DeyAce
12-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Who cares? It's the fans cheering for their OWN best player meaning "most valuable player" on THEIR team. Doesn't mean league MVP, sheesh. It's just fans being passionate about their team!

Exactly

montazingmvp
12-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Exactly

basketball fans aren't the most creative...the best we got is, defense clap clap...and mvp when your best player goes up for free throws...lame

this hardly inspires the players...gotta get some real chants

king4day
12-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Not even a minute into the Suns/Clips game, Griffin went to the line and like 3 fans started an MVP chant. :)

tredigs
12-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Not even a minute into the Suns/Clips game, Griffin went to the line and like 3 fans started an MVP chant. :)

Haha, who can blame 'em. Averaging 25 and 15 with 4 assists in his last 6 games, and tore the Suns apart in that first quarter following his ridiculous oop. I'm just pissed I have my own game coming up so I can't watch this kid play the whole game.

Avenged
12-26-2010, 04:43 PM
I like it.

Fans chant MVP for the best player on their team, nothing wrong with that. Shows loyalty in my eyes. What's crazy is when a player goes into another city and still gets MVP chants ala Kobe. :facepalm:

49GiantWarriors
12-26-2010, 04:55 PM

How about you put the tv on mute everytime you hear the chant.

sargon21
12-26-2010, 05:36 PM
ellis improved so much this year

sargon21
12-26-2010, 06:16 PM
blake just got the mvp chant in la haha