PDA

View Full Version : Big Baby: Magic can’t beat us in playoffs

Gators123
12-26-2010, 01:13 AM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2010/12/big-baby-magic-cant-beat-us-in-playoffs.html

Minutes after losing to Orlando on Saturday, Celtics power forward Glenn “Big Baby” Davis says that the Magic can’t beat them in the playoffs, especially if Shaquille O’Neal is in the game.

O’Neal struggled with foul trouble and fouled out in a loss to the Magic that snapped Boston’s 14-game win streak.

“They can’t beat us,” he said. “They can’t. With Shaq in the game. We just have too many guys.

“They came out and played better than us today, but if you are talking about a seven-game series. I don’t think they can beat us.”

The Celtics ousted the Magic from the East finals last season.

The Magic certainly will need another big man to face the Celtics in the postseason.

Dwight Howard’s foul trouble only reminded them of that — and the Celtics didn’t have Kendrick Perkins, who is recovering from a knee injury.

DoJoTheSlasher
12-26-2010, 01:14 AM
True most likely but it will be a very fun series.

PrettyBoyJ
12-26-2010, 01:17 AM
that whole Boston team is getting to cocky.. even Big baby talkin trash... smh

CHANGO
12-26-2010, 01:20 AM

This x1000000...
Regardless, it is true or not. Too arrogant. (Although I'm with Davis, do not think the Magic will win a series of 7 games to the Celtics) BUT...

Yanks All Day
12-26-2010, 01:21 AM
He's probably right, especially when Rondo and Perkins come back. Perk is obviously a big body and more fouls to give on Howard, and Rondo's penetration can cause a little confusion leading to broken plays and more fouls. However, I probably wouldn't say that right after a loss if I was Davis. It sounds more like a sore loser speech, even though it has a great point. He should have just given the Magic their due and moved on.

Derick713
12-26-2010, 01:29 AM
The Celtics didn't have Rondo, Perkins, Erden, and a ready Jermaine O'Neal. In a sense the Celtics didn't have O'Neal either. The Celtics were in control without key pieces.

Storch
12-26-2010, 01:33 AM
I think that the Celtics will make it to the finals again, so I agree with his cocky statement. What a douche though :pity:

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 01:36 AM
Well. How nice of big Baby. He is talking about a team that has played together what 5 days? He is talking about a team that will add D. Orton back to the roster come playoff time and will trade for another big. So him saying the Magic can not beat us is a joke. Who cares they don't have Perkins, not sure Celtic fans used that excuse last 14 games. They played a team with zero depth at Center. So Perkins stuff is out the window. The did not have RONDO, this is a good point; however, Orlando has yet to have a real practice since the blockbuster deals. So how does Big baby make such a bold prediction knowing all of this?

I do know this much. Turk does make the Magic harder to beat, he makes Pierce work on both ends and Brandon Bass and Ryan Anderson will only get better.

ORlando is currently looking to add Hasheem Thabeet and with Orton coming back these are two more big bodies they can throw in for a total of 8-14 minutes game to hack Shaq and grab rebounds...

Byronicle
12-26-2010, 01:37 AM
I get why people keep saying that they are not fully healthy but really are many teams out there ever fully healthy? or have fully gelled? look at Orlando they just got 3 new dudes, trying new lineups and clearly haven't gelled yet by the looks of Howard's production.

teams win no matter what, when one guy falls another takes that opportunity and steps up. I'm no Orlando or Celtic fan but if your team is missing 1 or 2 players saying injuries is why they lost is an excuse.

I mean how many times have we've seen this scenario, when your team faces another team that is shorthanded, and you think wow we should win but then some guy who never got much minutes till now steps up and beats down your team? it happens all the time

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 01:39 AM
The Celtics didn't have Rondo, Perkins, Erden, and a ready Jermaine O'Neal. In a sense the Celtics didn't have O'Neal either. The Celtics were in control without key pieces.

Magic have yet to have a real practice sine they pulled those two big trades. They play a very simple offense and that defense is a work in progress. Orlando losing this game would have excuses that hold more merit then Boston losing.. Heck, Ryan Anderon, Jason Richardson, Gilbert Arenas almost shot ORlando out of the game and howard had less then 6 points. I understand Allen Struggled as he always does for some reason vs Redick and Nate Robinson. However, Orlando had 3 key guys not shot up and still one, and zero I mean zero practices. Unless you count a walk through practice?

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 01:42 AM
I get why people keep saying that they are not fully healthy but really are many teams out there ever fully healthy? or have fully gelled? look at Orlando they just got 3 new dudes, trying new lineups and clearly haven't gelled yet by the looks of Howard's production.

teams win no matter what, when one guy falls another takes that opportunity and steps up. I'm no Orlando or Celtic fan but if your team is missing 1 or 2 players saying injuries is why they lost is an excuse.

I mean how many times have we've seen this scenario, when your team faces another team that is shorthanded, and you think wow we should win but then some guy who never got much minutes till now steps up and beats down your team? it happens all the time

Lastly, when Orlando was on that Horrendous losing streak everyone said the Magic suck. However, they lost 3 games playing the NBA Minimum 8 players and 2 of those games they had guys leave the game due to injuries and played with 7 guys. However, who cares right? The Magic just suck, but Boston losing to a team that has yet to have a practice and because they don't have Rondo is enough to say they are better? Perkins is only a factor here is D-12 went off which was not the case; furthermore, Boston fans I thought prided themselves being the best team in the East due to the fact they are deep in the front court. So what is it now?

Howard was a NON factor in this game because of BS foul calls.

Geargo Wallace
12-26-2010, 01:43 AM
I'm still in shock that the C's blew that game today. Still the C's are miles above the Magic. Look at the way the shut DH down no prob.

kjoke
12-26-2010, 01:44 AM
true, but very douchey (if thats a waord)

anyways when nate is starting, you should beat any team, when rondo comes about again, i think this team is the team to beat

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 01:45 AM
He's probably right, especially when Rondo and Perkins come back. Perk is obviously a big body and more fouls to give on Howard, and Rondo's penetration can cause a little confusion leading to broken plays and more fouls. However, I probably wouldn't say that right after a loss if I was Davis. It sounds more like a sore loser speech, even though it has a great point. He should have just given the Magic their due and moved on.

Orlando will do nothing though right to improve this team, will not hold a single practice all season and will just keep playing on the fly. Great measuring stick there big "BABY"

balla4life22
12-26-2010, 01:45 AM

He never said they lost because they were shorthanded. All he said was that the Magic can't beat them in a 7 game series. But especially when perk, rondo, delonte, erden, and jermaine (even though he played a little today) I completely agree with davis' statement.

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 01:46 AM
I'm still in shock that the C's blew that game today. Still the C's are miles above the Magic. Look at the way the shut DH down no prob.

The Refs did. LOL. 10 second free throw violation really? Ticky tack fouls on shaq and Howard. D-12 did not have a chance to get into the game... I have no excuses on Shaq. He did his job, he was suppose to pick up fouls trying to get Howard in foul trouble. You have to love Shaq pulling Howard down and Dwight gets called for the foul...

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 01:48 AM
Lastly Boston fans, I don't put too much stock in a game played in December as a measuring tool in April. However, when you guys fell behind 13-0 the refs allowed you guys to mug the Magic as they drove to the baskets on a consecutive trips until the game was tied 13-13. This game was about to turn into a route very early... Thank the Zebra's for that Christmas Present.

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 01:51 AM
When Perkins comes back Jermaine will not sniff the court so why is he being brought up. Plus Erden. I mean what do you want every guy on the Celtics to play 20 minutes? This is a game 0f a 8-9 man rotation come playoff time. I believe Orlando with more time together can match up with any team in the league.

HEY Btw. This was Ryan Anderson first game back in well over a month, can we use that excuse?

Geargo Wallace
12-26-2010, 01:52 AM
The Refs did. LOL. 10 second free throw violation really? Ticky tack fouls on shaq and Howard. D-12 did not have a chance to get into the game... I have no excuses on Shaq. He did his job, he was suppose to pick up fouls trying to get Howard in foul trouble. You have to love Shaq pulling Howard down and Dwight gets called for the foul...

I have no idea what you're trying to say but the Celtics were in control for 45 minutes. They F'd up. They were clearly the better team today.

balla4life22
12-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Lastly Boston fans, I don't put too much stock in a game played in December as a measuring tool in April. However, when you guys fell behind 13-0 the refs allowed you guys to mug the Magic as they drove to the baskets on a consecutive trips until the game was tied 13-13. This game was about to turn into a route very early... Thank the Zebra's for that Christmas Present.

Get your facts straight...

Personal Fouls: Magic-18 Celtics-24
Free throw attempts: Magic-29 Celtics-21

:facepalm:

balla4life22
12-26-2010, 01:57 AM
When Perkins comes back Jermaine will not sniff the court so why is he being brought up. Plus Erden. I mean what do you want every guy on the Celtics to play 20 minutes? This is a game 0f a 8-9 man rotation come playoff time. I believe Orlando with more time together can match up with any team in the league.

HEY Btw. This was Ryan Anderson first game back in well over a month, can we use that excuse?

I don't think one celtics fan has said we lost because we were shorthanded, if any did then they're in the minority. All I'm saying is that the celtics have been playing well with all of these injuries and there are some people making a big deal out of this one game. The magic played great today, but it's going to be a different game if the celtics are at full force and when the magic get some chemistry going as they get more used to each other. This game is no indication of what we may see in the playoffs if these two teams play each other.

DoJoTheSlasher
12-26-2010, 02:04 AM
I could see Orlando trading for Jermaine O Neal.

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 02:05 AM
I don't think one celtics fan has said we lost because we were shorthanded, if any did then they're in the minority. All I'm saying is that the celtics have been playing well with all of these injuries and there are some people making a big deal out of this one game. The magic played great today, but it's going to be a different game if the celtics are at full force and when the magic get some chemistry going as they get more used to each other. This game is no indication of what we may see in the playoffs if these two teams play each other.

Hey no doubt bro. Hey I am the type of guy to think you are not better then another team until you prove it. Much like last season when Cavs fans stated time and time again they where the best in the East, well IMO no. Orlando was until Boston beat them for that title.

If I am a Boston fan my biggest worry would be stay healthy. They have to stay healthy if they do this team is set.

You have to love the heart of the new look Magic though. Do you realize they accomplished in 4 games what it took until today for the Heat to do.

That would to beat two elite teams with two new starters. Orlando did that in 4 games.. This Magic team is gonna be very very good, if I am a Celtic fan I pray to face the Heat in the ECF and not the Magic.

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 02:06 AM
I could see Orlando trading for Jermaine O Neal.
I don't. Boston does not need a PG and the only guy they really would like to move is Duhon. I don't see it also because Jemaine O'Neal is a BUM. Plus does Boston want Duhon's 4 year contract?

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 02:08 AM
Get your facts straight...

Personal Fouls: Magic-18 Celtics-24
Free throw attempts: Magic-29 Celtics-21

:facepalm:
This final line has nothing to do with how the game was called in the first quarter LOL.. This also does not show the BS calls that Howard got to take him out of the game.... They fouled Howard down the stretch to force him to the free throw line, please let's not forget that....

Byronicle
12-26-2010, 02:10 AM
He never said they lost because they were shorthanded. All he said was that the Magic can't beat them in a 7 game series. But especially when perk, rondo, delonte, erden, and jermaine (even though he played a little today) I completely agree with davis' statement.

did i say big baby davis said that they lost because they were short handed? no, i said its not an excuse to lose since lots of celtic fans think it is. Other than Rondo the other players are role players, even perkins is essentially a role player because he is definitely not a star like garnett, pierce and allen

where have u been? when celtics lost last year in the finals it was because perkins got injured in game 7. everytime the celtics lose it is either because they don't have perkins or rondo, that is all i read about in the forum just like when they lost to OKC celtic fans said they didn't have Perkins (they had rondo though) and yet OKC didn't have 2 of their top 3 players (Green and Durant) because Westbrook STEPPED UP.

great teams win injured, win back to backs, win in any situation.

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 02:11 AM
I have no idea what you're trying to say but the Celtics were in control for 45 minutes. They F'd up. They were clearly the better team today.

So when they went down 13-0 they where better? I recall Orlando up 13-2 and Bass being mugged under the rim by Garnett and getting the No call. I recall Big Baby grabbing Howard and getting a steal and again a no call.

Heck this game fell perfectly in the hands of the Celtics. They got Howard out of the game early and Orlando was forced to play Ryan Anderson, ( Who has been out well over a month 25 minutes, I bet that was the Magic's game plan.)

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 02:13 AM
did i say big baby davis said that they lost because they were short handed? no, i said its not an excuse to lose since lots of celtic fans think it is. Other than Rondo the other players are role players, even perkins is essentially a role player because he is definitely not a star like garnett, pierce and allen

where have u been? when celtics lost last year in the finals it was because perkins got injured in game 7. everytime the celtics lose it is either because they don't have perkins or rondo, that is all i read about in the forum just like when they lost to OKC celtic fans said they didn't have Perkins (they had rondo though) and yet OKC didn't have 2 of their top 3 players (Green and Durant) because Westbrook STEPPED UP.

great teams win injured, win back to backs, win in any situation.

First. I hope for you sake you are not you are not a Celtic fan. Perkins went down in Game 6 not game 7. However, being a basketball fan Boston lost Game 7 due to a terribly called 4th quarter by the refs giving the game to the Lakers....

The fact Orlando beat a vet team with no practice and had no practices since adding 4 new players speaks volumes. I am in no way saying Orlando will win the title or beat Boston in the playoffs; however, for Big baby to use this game as a measuring stick is just flat out ignorant IMO.

Byronicle
12-26-2010, 02:14 AM

the better team is the one that pulls the win

there are reason why a team win, i hate how people say another team is better because they been out hustling and getting second chances but missing their shots over and over again, they missed because they were not as good as they thought they were

better teams hit their shots and win games

Byronicle
12-26-2010, 02:17 AM
First. I hope for you sake you are not you are not a Celtic fan. Perkins went down in Game 6 not game 7. However, being a basketball fan Boston lost Game 7 due to a terribly called 4th quarter by the refs giving the game to the Lakers....

The fact Orlando beat a vet team with no practice and had no practices since adding 4 new players speaks volumes.

Im not a fan

I just said they lost the series because Perkins got injured late in the finals (to be honest I couldn't remember if it was 6/7 game) just because that the celtic fans were filling up the forum. even over here we have lots of celtic fans and they were upset because the celtics played shorthanded, since when was losing one guy such a huge impact?

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 02:23 AM
Im not a fan

I just said they lost the series because Perkins got injured late in the finals (to be honest I couldn't remember if it was 6/7 game) just because that the celtic fans were filling up the forum. even over here we have lots of celtic fans and they were upset because the celtics played shorthanded, since when was losing one guy such a huge impact?

I agree as Magic fan this was a bigger game for them; however, being realistic I did not think Orlando had much a chance even minus Rondo. Reason being is Boston plays very tough defense and Orlando has not been able to play a single practice or really try things to this point. They have played 4 very solid teams since they made that trade, Hawks, Mavs, Spurs, Celtics. Each game was they had chances to win; however, it came down to execution which they did not do in those two losses to the Hawks and Mavs. This can be fixed as they get more games under there belt and actually get some practice time as a team. This was a gut check for both teams and Orlando came out on top the way I see it.

Losing Perkins may have been and impact IMO if I was a celtic fan vs the Lakers in the finals. Reason was the Lakers are a big team so lack of depth in that area can hurt. However, even in those odds I still feel Boston should have beat the Lakers.

kozelkid
12-26-2010, 03:28 AM
People forget that the Celtics didn't even have their biggest weapon against Magic, Perkins. No one shuts down Howard quite like Perkins in this league. They didn't even double Howard in the playoffs because of Perkins' defense. And now you have Shaq as well, who is capable of holding Howard down. C's have the 2 best centers to hold Howard in check. Magic got better, but Davis is right. Come playoff time, if they face each other, Magic will be lucky to get it to 6 wins. Unless Arenas SOMEHOW comes back to his 06-07 self. That Boston team and big 3 looks as good as ever. They look unstoppable atm.

YoungOne
12-26-2010, 03:35 AM
celtics lost because they missed wide open shots ( nate) ...

NY4YA
12-26-2010, 03:46 AM
O lord. Paul Peirce douch it is is spreading through out the team. Even if it is true why would you say that at this point. You just sound like a soar loser, emphasis on loser

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 04:00 AM
celtics lost because they missed wide open shots ( nate) ...

Orlando missed a ton of open shots too. Look at Anderson, Richardson and Arenas shooting in the box score.

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 04:02 AM
People forget that the Celtics didn't even have their biggest weapon against Magic, Perkins. No one shuts down Howard quite like Perkins in this league. They didn't even double Howard in the playoffs because of Perkins' defense. And now you have Shaq as well, who is capable of holding Howard down. C's have the 2 best centers to hold Howard in check. Magic got better, but Davis is right. Come playoff time, if they face each other, Magic will be lucky to get it to 6 wins. Unless Arenas SOMEHOW comes back to his 06-07 self. That Boston team and big 3 looks as good as ever. They look unstoppable atm.

Really. I may be wrong but didn't Howard avg over 20 ppg in the ECF? IN fact I know I am not wrong and the Celtics had Perkins. Please don't always believe the media hype.

2nd. Your argument would mean more if Howard Dropped 30+ pts not 6 pts....FAIL...

3rd. Orlando has only played what, 4 games total as a team? However, let's use that as a measuring stick and ignore the fact they have yet to even hold a single practice since the two block buster trades.

4th. Orlando will have Orton back by February, ( Though I am not calling him anything more then a big body to use to hack Shaq, much like BIg Baby was used in his earlier days) Then you have to keep in mind Orlando is going to move Duhon for another big for depth in the front court.. " Let's ignore that fact as that may make Orlando better."

You guys did not lose this game because of Howard. Boston fans went from living in the past to the most arrogant Basketball fans in the league outside Laker fans. ( If not for that Ray Allen deal, KG would have never came to Boston even in that deal. Remember he said he did not want to play for Boston, then you guys landed Allen and he said ok. How soon do we forget?

Your right they did not double Howard. They would play a zone and gang up on Howard when he caught it in the post. Did you not watch the ECF last season???

I also would not call giving up 22 PPG plus 11 rebounds a game as shutting someone down. However, what ever allows you to sleep at night. That was Howards average over that 6 game series vs Boston...

I take nothing from Boston they beat us; however, IMO Orlando was outcoached. When they played Gortat and Bass bigger minutes Orlando won. Why stan continued to start Lewis as terrible as he was killed me as a Magic fan.

Howard score 30+ in two games and 28 in another. So in 3 games he averaged almost 30 points ppg vs the Celtics in that series.

Last, Brandon Bass, JJ Redick and Ryan Anderson are not going to get better as they play larger roles; furthermore, Orlando will not get better as a team and build chemistry as the season plays.

Boston big 3 will hit the fountain of "Youth" and only get better as the season continues and in fact Orlando's raw young talent will only decline.

Let's ignore all the obvious and feel good as fans because Big "BABY" says Orlando can not beat you guys...

kozelkid
12-26-2010, 04:11 AM
Really. I may be wrong but didn't Howard avg over 20 ppg in the ECF? IN fact I know I am not wrong and the Celtics had Perkins. Please don't always believe the media hype.

2nd. Your argument would mean more if Howard Dropped 30+ pts not 6 pts....

I watched almost every game that series.
Shutting down was an exaggeration on my part. However, if you can keep Howard averaging around 20ppg that series with only ONE defender on him, then you are doing a hell of a job while shutting down their shooters (and this time I'm not exaggerating; they shot like **** compared to their season averages). That's the whole point of the Celtics defense anyway. Let that one star get some of his points as long as you shut down any chance of letting his teammates feed off of him.

I didn't watch the Boston and Orlando game, so I can't say anything about that. But I assume (I could be wrong) that they considered Howard more of a threat without Perkins even if he scored only 6. Besides all else, they didn't even have Rondo. Honestly, I hate the Celtics and would rather see Orlando in the finals than Boston. But right now, Boston looks unbeatable. Assuming of course no major injury occurs before playoff time.

JiffyMix88
12-26-2010, 04:16 AM
if ray allen hits half of his shots today celtics win, i'd have to agree with big baby too. The celtics r too deep at the forward/center position

kozelkid
12-26-2010, 04:20 AM

2nd. Your argument would mean more if Howard Dropped 30+ pts not 6 pts....FAIL...

3rd. Orlando has only played what, 4 games total as a team? However, let's use that as a measuring stick and ignore the fact they have yet to even hold a single practice since the two block buster trades.

4th. Orlando will have Orton back by February, ( Though I am not calling him anything more then a big body to use to hack Shaq, much like BIg Baby was used in his earlier days) Then you have to keep in mind Orlando is going to move Duhon for another big for depth in the front court.. " Let's ignore that fact as that may make Orlando better."

You guys did not lose this game because of Howard. Boston fans went from living in the past to the most arrogant Basketball fans in the league outside Laker fans. ( If not for that Ray Allen deal, KG would have never came to Boston even in that deal. Remember he said he did not want to play for Boston, then you guys landed Allen and he said ok. How soon do we forget?

Your right they did not double Howard. They would play a zone and gang up on Howard when he caught it in the post. Did you not watch the ECF last season???

I also would not call giving up 22 PPG plus 11 rebounds a game as shutting someone down. However, what ever allows you to sleep at night. That was Howards average over that 6 game series vs Boston...

I take nothing from Boston they beat us; however, IMO Orlando was outcoached. When they played Gortat and Bass bigger minutes Orlando won. Why stan continued to start Lewis as terrible as he was killed me as a Magic fan.

Howard score 30+ in two games and 28 in another. So in 3 games he averaged almost 30 points ppg vs the Celtics in that series.

Let's ignore all the obvious and feel good as fans because Big "BABY" says Orlando can not beat you guys...

First of all, I'm a Chicago Bulls fan. I hate the Celtics with a passion. So don't assume I'm biased for Boston in any way.
And I said most of the rest in my previous post anyway.

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 04:23 AM
O lord. Paul Peirce douch it is is spreading through out the team. Even if it is true why would you say that at this point. You just sound like a soar loser, emphasis on loser

My point is how can you even say such idiotic comments? This team has played for games together. Zero practices,no training camp nothing. How Big "Dummmy" wants to use such a game to judge what will happen come May is as idiotic as Perkins not playing is the reason Boston lost. I did not hear that excuse during the 14 game win streak.

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 04:26 AM
I watched almost every game that series.
Shutting down was an exaggeration on my part. However, if you can keep Howard averaging around 20ppg that series with only ONE defender on him, then you are doing a hell of a job while shutting down their shooters (and this time I'm not exaggerating; they shot like **** compared to their season averages). That's the whole point of the Celtics defense anyway. Let that one star get some of his points as long as you shut down any chance of letting his teammates feed off of him.

I didn't watch the Boston and Orlando game, so I can't say anything about that. But I assume (I could be wrong) that they considered Howard more of a threat without Perkins even if he scored only 6. Besides all else, they didn't even have Rondo. Honestly, I hate the Celtics and would rather see Orlando in the finals than Boston. But right now, Boston looks unbeatable. Assuming of course no major injury occurs before playoff time.

Well one, Ryan Anderson played 25 minutes, reason Shaq was on the bench most the first half.... So, I am positive a guy who missed most the season was not suppose to play almost 30 minutes for us.

2nd. The best players on the court in that Celtic series did not even show up for the game. That would be Vince Carter and Rashard Lewis, that killed us last season. Arenas, J. Richarson and Turk will make Orlando a very tough team to beat. Keep in mind as I have said before, Orlando is going to move Duhon for another big and get Orton back by February. ( The guy they compare to Bynum but raw and many had predicted he would be a top 10 pick if he stayed at Kentucky.) Not that I am one for predicitions.

kozelkid
12-26-2010, 04:28 AM
My point is how can you even say such idiotic comments? This team has played for games together. Zero practices,no training camp nothing. How Big "Dummmy" wants to use such a game to judge what will happen come May is as idiotic as Perkins not playing is the reason Boston lost. I did not hear that excuse during the 14 game win streak.

Why should that be an excuse? They played well before cause they are still an incredibly deep and strong team. That doesn't mean they couldn't have used Perkins' or Rondo's services, especially in a game like this. They lost, no one is denying it. But the truth is that Orlando had a lot more to prove than Boston. Boston beat them when it mattered. Just like Miami had more to prove against LA than LA against Miami. Playoffs are simply a whole different monster. We'll see what happens when it matters. That's all Davis is saying. People are making too much out of this. :shrug:

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 04:30 AM
First of all, I'm a Chicago Bulls fan. I hate the Celtics with a passion. So don't assume I'm biased for Boston in any way.
And I said most of the rest in my previous post anyway.

NOt saying you are Bias, I just wanted to tell you how off I felt you where. Let me ask you. Miami 4 games into the season everyone had said forget them they suck. However, Orlando goes 2-2 with 4 new guys. No practice no training camp and everyone says NOPE they are not good enough. They just beat the best team in the East and West back to back.

BTW- I am a Gator fan and I hate you guys lost Noah. He took longer then Horford to find his way in the league; however, that dude is the real deal.

NOTE- Does anyone realize it took until today for Miami to beat two elite team in this season? Orlando 2nd game of season and Lakers today. Orlando did that in 4 games.. Not to shabby.. Minus any practice or camp. ( Heck we almost came back and beat the 3rd best team in the league Mavs 2nd game into this project.)

2nd. They are the fist team in the history of the game to stop 2 teams back to back who won 10 plus games in a row before losing...

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 04:31 AM
I am in no way calling for a Magic championship. However, for Big "DUMMY" to write them off after four games together and for people to side with him blows my mind. This Magic team is going to be IMO very dangerous come playoff time.

kozelkid
12-26-2010, 04:32 AM
Well one, Ryan Anderson played 25 minutes, reason Shaq was on the bench most the first half.... So, I am positive a guy who missed most the season was not suppose to play almost 30 minutes for us.

2nd. The best players on the court in that Celtic series did not even show up for the game. That would be Vince Carter and Rashard Lewis, that killed us last season. Arenas, J. Richarson and Turk will make Orlando a very tough team to beat. Keep in mind as I have said before, Orlando is going to move Duhon for another big and get Orton back by February. ( The guy they compare to Bynum but raw and many had predicted he would be a top 10 pick if he stayed at Kentucky.) Not that I am one for predicitions.

I've watched almost every Kentucky game last season. I hate to break it, but Orton sucks. And generally athletic players with thick heads don't pan out like 99% of the time. For every Andrew Bynum there are so many athletic big men that are forgotten within 2 years. Orton will probably fall in that category... Which is why Otis said they are likely gonna shop for another big. Keep in mind you also lost a very good perimeter player and a hell of a big man defender. While you got better offensively, you got worse defensively. I like the trades for Orlando, so we'll see.

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 04:36 AM
if ray allen hits half of his shots today celtics win, i'd have to agree with big baby too. The celtics r too deep at the forward/center position

Hmm. IF J. Richardson, Ryan ANderson, and Gilbert Arenas hit wide open shots this is a blow out. They shot 6/26 from the floor and 3/11 from 3; however, it's all about Ray Allen. However, even Nelson shot 3-9 from floor and 2-6 from 3 again though it's all about Ray.

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 04:40 AM
I've watched almost every Kentucky game last season. I hate to break it, but Orton sucks. And generally athletic players with thick heads don't pan out like 99% of the time. For every Andrew Bynum there are so many athletic big men that are forgotten within 2 years. Orton will probably fall in that category... Which is why Otis said they are likely gonna shop for another big. Keep in mind you also lost a very good perimeter player and a hell of a big man defender. While you got better offensively, you got worse defensively. I like the trades for Orlando, so we'll see.

He is a project player no doubt. Why he went pro who knows? However, remember Darko Milicic's career was over as was Marcin Gortat at one time?

They then played the best Center one on one on practice and got better. Orton is a big body that is my point. He can get rebounds and he sure as hell can make someone feel a foul when he hacks them. ( You know the Celtic style of play when they foul Howard.) He would be no more then that for us in the playoffs if we faced the Celtics. The other guy Orlando is close to landing is Hasheem Thabeet another project player. However again he is 7-3 and we are not asking him what the Grizzlies wanted from him. He gets this bad rap that he got sent back to D. League. WHY? They wanted more on offense when in college he was all block shots and rebounds. Was he worth the 2nd pick? NO, however, would he be great in ORlando for 6-10 minutes a game? YEap, especially since we only move Duhon for him...

cchrisc773
12-26-2010, 04:52 AM
Why should that be an excuse? They played well before cause they are still an incredibly deep and strong team. That doesn't mean they couldn't have used Perkins' or Rondo's services, especially in a game like this. They lost, no one is denying it. But the truth is that Orlando had a lot more to prove than Boston. Boston beat them when it mattered. Just like Miami had more to prove against LA than LA against Miami. Playoffs are simply a whole different monster. We'll see what happens when it matters. That's all Davis is saying. People are making too much out of this. :shrug:

I may buy that until I heard captain "ZERO"Pierce at Halftime? "We are in the Christmas spirit so we spotted them 13 pts to start the game". That was when they where up by 10, so what was the excuse for choking? Don't kid yourself, they wanted to win this game they just got beat.

Orlando beat them the year before when it mattered you know why? TURK.. We did not have him last season but the year before we did and beat them ( Blame KG being out, we did not have Nelson) Furthermore, with Bass as he gets better that will only make life for KG that more tougher. Lewis sat on the 3 point line and Carter stood on the other side. Neither guy showed any energy in that whole series. Carter averaged like 14 pts ppg and Lewis 8. Good luck wishing on that with this team. Funny is I hear Boston fans say they smashed us. We lost Game 1 and 2 by less then 5 pts playing like you know what. When Van Gundy played Bass more Orlando blew the Celtics out. Maybe it does not appear in the line-score but we all know if you pass the ball around and make these lazy fools really play defense then the offense goes out the window. Boston wins playing I am gonna punk you roll. The best timeout Van Gundy made was when he said, stop taking tough shots. I quote. "These guys can not run with you, pass the ball around don't keep it on one side of the court, you move the ball around and stop taking tough shots they will quit." Guess what? They did.

Orlando started to move the ball around in the 2nd half and the Celtics lost. I hear Boston dominated the whole game but the final few minutes. The Boxscore seems to think Orlando won the 2nd half and we all know the first 3-5 minutes Orlando dominated the game. I say Boston dominated from 5 minutes mark until half time. When the 3rd Quarter started until it ended Orlando slowly took over the game.

The problem I see is you lost a game you never should have. You lost to a team that has yet to hold a single practice. You lost to team 1 week ago with the two best weapons for the Celtics, Carter and Lewis would have quit.

This Magic team is better then you want to give credit, it's ok to be slightly worried.

macc
12-26-2010, 05:24 AM
Boston might beat Orlando in 7, Orlando might be Boston in 7. To early to debate that, but if Big baby has that opinion then fine. It's tought to put any merit in somone who is one of the biggest guys on the court night in and night out be the first guy to hit the floor all game long. Good luck with that.

Big guys who flop all the time drive me nuts. If you're a big man, play like a big man. His flop worked once, got called a foul 3-4 times. Keep it up Sally Mcfloppsalot

king4day
12-26-2010, 07:21 AM
“They can’t. With Shaq in the game. We just have too many guys."

This is my favorite part. So all the magic need to do is add more players than the Celtics and it's all good :)

Confusious
12-26-2010, 07:49 AM
They'll come back down to earth at some point. But yes, extremely cocky.

Sportfan
12-26-2010, 10:49 AM
And he's right. They were winning in the 4th with Big Baby and Nate being starters

LOL people getting upset because he's cocky? Aren't all the elite teams getting cocky?

m26555
12-26-2010, 11:02 AM
He shouldn't have opened his mouth, but, in all honesty, he's right.

Anon
12-26-2010, 11:07 AM
He may or may not be right. What makes him a douche is that he will have nothing to do with it. I would have respect if it was Pierce, Allen, Rondo or KG saying this. This is the equivalent of Ryan Anderson calling out the Celtics.

m26555
12-26-2010, 11:08 AM
He may or may not be right. What makes him a douche is that he will have nothing to do with it. I would have respect if it was Pierce, Allen, Rondo or KG saying this.
Sorry, but that's just stupid. Davis is a huge piece to Boston's success.

magichatnumber9
12-26-2010, 11:09 AM
So he tell the truth and he's cocky. He was talking about his team not himself. The meaning of cocky refers to the self and not a group. IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF A WORD DON'T USE IT.

Anon
12-26-2010, 11:12 AM

Really? So if Davis cannot play in the playoffs they lose in what, the first or second round?

m26555
12-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Really? So if Davis cannot play in the playoffs they lose in what, the first or second round?
Because Boston will be playing Orlando in the first round, right? And yes; Boston's chances of going deep into the playoffs would be hindered if Davis were absent. The guy is averaging 12.1 points and 5.8 rebounds per game off the bench. It is absolutely ridiculous to say he isn't vital to the Celtics.

Anon
12-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Because Boston will be playing Orlando in the first round, right? And yes; Boston's chances of going deep into the playoffs would be hindered if Davis were absent. The guy is averaging 12.1 points and 5.8 rebounds per game off the bench. It is absolutely ridiculous to say he isn't vital to the Celtics.

You must not know what the word vital means. Davis is a nice player off the bench. He is one of about 20 such big men the Celtics have on their bench. Somehow I have a feeling there are at least 5 or 6 guys on the Celtics that mean more to their success than Davis.

AntiG
12-26-2010, 11:54 AM
IF everyone significant is healthy on the Celtics, NO ONE will beat them in a 7 game series, forget the Magic. But that IF part is huge.

balla4life22
12-26-2010, 12:08 PM
I think this thread should end with neither team saying they're the better team til the playoffs. It's wayy too early in the season. Magic still need to develop chemistry and Celtics need to get healthy. But this should be a definite sign for Boston not to take the Magic softly because I also believe they will be dangerous come playoff time. Hopefully the Celtics know that.

wa77ss
12-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Sorry to say but I don't think Shaq/Jermaine/Perkins is gonna have an effect on Howard. He averaged 20ppg 11boards last playoffs when Magic got dominated and still won 2 games. What happens this year when he has a squad behind him?

Shaq or Jermaine or Big baby are not gonna be difference makers. If Perkins is healthy along with KG thats when teams run into trouble. And lets not forget how much Rasheed helped them last year. He is miles better than any four they have now.......

Byronicle
12-26-2010, 12:17 PM
And he's right. They were winning in the 4th with Big Baby and Nate being starters

LOL people getting upset because he's cocky? Aren't all the elite teams getting cocky?

if your a star, you've kinda earned a right because you had to be great to get star - status

but when you cry on national television...i dunno man you can't really pull off im a cocky mofo act, it just doesn't work that way

and so is Nate Robinson, and Daniels, Erden, Jermaine...

m26555
12-26-2010, 12:21 PM
and so is Nate Robinson, and Daniels, Erden, Jermaine...
Erden is certainly not a "huge" piece to Boston's success. Are you serious? Jermaine is even arguable.

Sorry to say but I don't think Shaq/Jermaine/Perkins is gonna have an effect on Howard. He averaged 20ppg 11boards last playoffs when Magic got dominated and still won 2 games. What happens this year when he has a squad behind him?

Shaq or Jermaine or Big baby are not gonna be difference makers. If Perkins is healthy along with KG thats when teams run into trouble. And lets not forget how much Rasheed helped them last year. He is miles better than any four they have now.......
This is just unbelievable. Do you not remember Big Baby taking over in game four of the Finals last year and essentially winning the game for Boston? How about when he had that huge series in Garnett's absence against the Magic two years ago? And saying Shaq won't be a difference maker is absolutely unreal. Also, Sheed is "miles better than any four they have now"? What the heck does that even mean?

Do you people think before you post?

Anon
12-26-2010, 12:52 PM
This is just unbelievable. Do you not remember Big Baby taking over in game four of the Finals last year and essentially winning the game for Boston? How about when he had that huge series in Garnett's absence against the Magic two years ago?

Both series that they lost. Just like Davis was one of the better Celtics yesterday and they lost.

Byronicle
12-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Erden is certainly not a "huge" piece to Boston's success. Are you serious? Jermaine is even arguable.

no i wasn't serious, its just funny how every role player on a team is a HUGE piece

5ass
12-26-2010, 01:22 PM
why should i listen to someone called "big baby"?

Bos_Sports4Life
12-26-2010, 01:27 PM
the Magic have to be the DUMBEST team in basketball, How many times did they do a pick & roll with howard? 0 in the first half? 1 maybe? I mean my god, the dude is basically unstoppable in the pick & roll.

avrpatsfan
12-26-2010, 01:34 PM
He's right.

DA FRANCHISE
12-26-2010, 01:38 PM

Yo y'all can't b for real that's the meanest three headed in the east(provideing melo don't go to Chicago).if Gilbert even shows half what he use to be its going to be a blow our every other game I mean they have literally become the best 3pt shooting team in the league and probably the second best playmakeing hands down and then u have to look at how they match up.as of right now orl:weakness: average d,depth at center,average post play. Now strenth: three point shooting,playmakeing,great interior d,rebounding,shooters,versatilty,fastbeak transition offense. Now bos: weakness:health,other than rondo trans.offense,d bs the three, playmakers,energy now strength:rebounding,post play,defense offense excurion no if the magic add a big men more than likely their come out the east

Azzacadabra
12-26-2010, 01:57 PM
To be honest I wish he'd just keep his mouth shut and let his actions speak on the court and I'm a Celtics fan. Orlando will put that on the bulletin board and use it for motivation if it does merit anything to them. As if Dwight Howard wasn't already motivated with help from Hakeem in the off season, he's gonna turn big baby into big origami.

John Walls Era
12-26-2010, 02:00 PM
I love trash talk. Good thing Cs are good enough to back it up.

tbomlad
12-26-2010, 02:08 PM

In a sense the Magic didn't have the most dominating player in the NBA, Dwight Howard, after the refs took him out of the game. Not to mention the Magic didn't have Arenas or J-Rich who will be much better when they get into the flow of the offense. The core of the Celtics have been together for years while the new look Magic have been together for 4 games and 1 practice AND the Magic still beat the Celtics. Big baby is an idiot who was upset about a loss. This Magic team could definitely take the Celtics in the playoffs.

m26555
12-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Both series that they lost. Just like Davis was one of the better Celtics yesterday and they lost.
Okay? And? So, in other words, because they lost both series, that means Davis isn't a key player? I guess Garnett, Pierce, Allen, and Rondo weren't key pieces last year then, right?

Sorry, but your argument is ridiculous, because I can easily say that Boston wouldn't have even taken the Lakers to a game seven without Davis last year. The same can be said two years ago against Orlando.

no i wasn't serious, its just funny how every role player on a team is a HUGE piece
Well then I guess you don't watch much basketball, because good role players ARE huge pieces to a team's success. I can absolutely shower you with examples, but I just don't feel like wasting my time.

thekmp211
12-26-2010, 03:17 PM
it's just a competitor yapping, though i would tend to agree with him.

the defense on howard, combined with no rondo and a TERRIBLE shooting night from the guard spots makes it an encouraging loss for boston.

JiffyMix88
12-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Hmm. IF J. Richardson, Ryan ANderson, and Gilbert Arenas hit wide open shots this is a blow out. They shot 6/26 from the floor and 3/11 from 3; however, it's all about Ray Allen. However, even Nelson shot 3-9 from floor and 2-6 from 3 again though it's all about Ray.

OK, it is all about Ray Allen though. Ray actually hits these shot majority of the time. Richardson, Anderson and even Arenas are inconsistent shooters and Nelson just takes bad shots a lot of times, but he came through when it matter. Not trying to take anything away from the win just saying Allen normally would of made his shots

Raph12
12-28-2010, 02:14 AM
Davis is too cocky, he may be right (atm, who knows what both teams look like in April-May-June) but he doesn't have to be a dick about it... KG goes down and they'll lose again.

0nekhmer
12-28-2010, 03:05 AM
big baby is the next scalabrine. scrub swag. where is he now anyway? i saw him in a bulls uni early this season..

Chi StateOfMind
12-28-2010, 03:16 AM
The only way Magic have a chance is if there shooters are on fire and Dwight ACTUALLY scores and stays outta foul trouble............but IMO celtics have 2 much power

*Superman*
12-28-2010, 03:30 AM
Haha. He is still a little woozy from that hit Dwight gave him last year.