PDA

View Full Version : Knicks a 4 seed or a 5 seed it doesnt matter...

latinofire21
12-25-2010, 03:31 PM
After the christmas day it is pretty obvious that it wont matter if they are a 4 seed or a 5 seed

Bulls fans were right about one thing though. They couldnt shoot as good as they did last time this time around. But I will take 54 percent behind the 3 pt line.

What a great christmas!

Quote me end of season east standings!

Celtics
Magic
Heat
Knicks
Bulls
Pacers

are anyones for the taking!

zambo4president
12-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Joakim Noah didn't play or anything...

cheetos185
12-25-2010, 03:38 PM

what does noah have to do with your dead offense in 4th quarter or rose getting blocked all game or boozer dissappearing in the 4th

SNYmets86
12-25-2010, 03:40 PM

eddy curry didnt play or anything:confused:

$KnicksAndKobe$

or anything ...:rolleyes:

m26555
Those standings are impossible. Every division has to be represented in the top four. Even if the Knicks end up with a better record than the Bulls, the Bulls would get a higher seed by way of the division title.

Meatmypet
12-25-2010, 03:41 PM
what does noah have to do with your dead offense in 4th quarter or rose getting blocked all game or boozer dissappearing in the 4th

Noah could've killed us on the glass... Oh wait.

chitownbulls
12-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Bulls still own the 3rd seed...Ill admit that the Bulls cannot stop the Knicks, for whatever reason IDK. But each team has struggles. Damn the Mavs even lost to the Warriors in the past when they were the one 1 seed. We have still closely compeated with great teams, and all the them without a fully healthy roster. Some teams have seen how great we are with Boozer AND Noah. Just wait till playoff time.

We will have our energy player, rebounding, and star point gaurd back in time. Also by then, our defensive rotations will hopefully be mastered. Don't worry Bulls won't dissapoint come playoff time...I just love it when guys like you underestimate us

romaldinho
12-25-2010, 03:42 PM
The Hawks will be in the top 6

Iodine
12-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Knee-Jerk Reaction?

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Yes because 2 regular season games tell the whole story. First make the playoffs for the first time since god knows how long, then see if you can win a series against a team thats used to being there.

Mudvayne91
12-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Let's just wait a bit. It's a long season still and the Knicks are going to have a much tougher schedule upcoming. Too many things can happen. I don't think you can guarantee the 4th/5th spot just as you can't guarantee they won't have those seeds.

JamaicanYouth
12-25-2010, 03:50 PM
u are a dumbass lol come on u base this off of 2 games they were missing key players come on noah would have made a huge difference not only defense but offense

PippensBulls
12-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Chicago "can't stop [the Knicks]"? Oh please.

Slimsim
12-25-2010, 03:52 PM
I Still Think we are 6th or 7th Seed depending on What trades go down

DoJoTheSlasher
Something scary? The Knicks have an absolute stud/All Star talent in Anthony Randolph who doesn't even get minutes.

BkOriginalOne
Knicks - Bulls playoffs coming.

knicks09
12-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Chicago "can't stop [the Knicks]"? Oh please.

Apparently not

Mudvayne91
12-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Haha, as much as I really don't care for either teams and think the bickering is humorous, a mod maybe should close this cause it could get ugly.

northsider
12-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Knicks - Bulls playoffs coming.

I really want it to happen so bad I have not liked watching basketball this much in years and now good rivalries are brewing.

Shahrose
12-25-2010, 03:55 PM
quote me on this, Bulls will beat the Knicks next game

Avenged
12-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Knicks fans actually being cocky? at least their team is solid this season.

NYsFinest
12-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Knicks-Bulls playoffs very possible... would be a great 4-5 or 3-6 match-up

Shahrose
12-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Knicks fans actually being cocky? at least their team is solid this season.

lmao soooooo true

davids22
12-25-2010, 03:58 PM
LOL @ the Knicks fans who make a thread after every nationally televised game they win.

The Knicks are a decent team but they won't get a 4 seed. Every division winner has to be in the top 4. The Celtics are in your division and WILL finish with a better record then you, so your only hope at a top 4 seed is to make sure you have a better record then the 5-8. As of right now, I see the Heat, Celtics, and Bulls winning their divisions. The Knicks could grab a top 4 seed but only if they have better records then the MAGIC, HAWKS, PACERS, and BUCKS. I could see them with better then the Pacers an Bucks, but the Knicks will not have a better record then the Magic, and maybe not even the Hawks.

How I see it finishing out
1. Heat
2. Magic
3. Boston
4. Bulls
5. Hawks
6. Knicks
7. Bucks
8. Pacers

But to be on topic, you said playing a series on the road won't matter. You must understand how a playoff atmosphere is so much more of a homecourt advantage in the playoffs. But I'll give it to the Knicks, they might have it in them to pull a first round victory. I don't see you guys getting any farther then that though. MAYBE if you got Melo, but you can't just throw Melo (a guy who demands touches and shots as the #1 option) into the mix with Amare who is having an MVP type year and expect them to get along right away. I see the Knicks being a force in the East next year, this year is just time to gel.

We here at PSD understand how you feel New Yorkers, we understand that IT'S BEEN A WHILE an that you're actually excited for basketball for once. But please, keep it in your pants. Rome wasn't built in a day.

bal_ravens
12-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Felton is a beast. I turned the game on and he had something like 8 points and 4 assists within 8 minutes.

Glad he is doing good. I always felt bad with him on the Bobcats and people thinking lowly of him.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-25-2010, 04:03 PM
quote me on this, Bulls will beat the Knicks next game

lol, its the second to last game of the season. Its gonna be irrelevant because we'll likely have the division wrapped up way before then and resting our guys. Unless of course we're playing for a higher seed.

Cubsfan365
12-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Knicks got lucky 3-point shooting once again. It's pretty much that simple. Before today, Gallinari was shooting 37%, Fields was shooting 37%, Douglas was shooting 32%. They were a combined 7-9 from 3 today and 10-14 back in November against the Bulls. That was the difference in both games. Once the Knicks come back down to earth and don't make everything they throw up, the Bulls will beat them easily. That's why I would gladly welcome a playoff matchup with the Knicks.

PippensBulls
12-25-2010, 04:04 PM
This Knicks team is very much like the Suns of the mid 2000's. After all they have the same coach and system.

Both teams will do great in the regular season. But once the playoffs rolls around (if the Knicks make it), opposing teams will expose their one-trick pony style.

Shahrose
12-25-2010, 04:08 PM
lol, its the second to last game of the season. Its gonna be irrelevant because we'll likely have the division wrapped up way before then and resting our guys. Unless of course we're playing for a higher seed.

damn i was looking forward to a regular season game that actually mattered

shep33
12-25-2010, 04:08 PM
2 regular season games mean nothing... I like the Knicks, but c'mon guys. If we based the outcome on 2 regular season games... the year the Magic beat the Lakers, the Magic absolutely pounded LA i believe in both games. Last year Cleveland destroyed the Lakers in both games they played too. So realistically it doesn't mean much... however, the Knicks are a good team.

thekmp211
12-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Knicks got lucky 3-point shooting once again. It's pretty much that simple. Before today, Gallinari was shooting 37%, Fields was shooting 37%, Douglas was shooting 32%. They were a combined 7-9 from 3 today and 10-14 back in November against the Bulls. That was the difference in both games. Once the Knicks come back down to earth and don't make everything they throw up, the Bulls will beat them easily. That's why I would gladly welcome a playoff matchup with the Knicks.

first off, even with those percentages they are still a much better shooting team than the bulls. keep in mind amar'e poured in a relatively tame 20 point tonight.

i wouldn't be concerned as a bulls fan, but i wouldn't be "welcoming" this team as an opponent either. they have proven to be legit.

once rose takes the next step as a lock down defender, he will have arrived in my opinion. with all his physical gifts, he should be clamping down on guys like felton.

abe_froman
12-25-2010, 04:13 PM
After the christmas day it is pretty obvious that it wont matter if they are a 4 seed or a 5 seed because Chicago cant stop them.

Bulls fans were right about one thing though. They couldnt shoot as good as they did last time this time around. But I will take 54 percent behind the 3 pt line.

What a great christmas!

Celtics
Magic
Heat
Knicks
Bulls
Pacers

your standings are impossible.div winners are automatic top 4 seeding

Amare1
12-25-2010, 04:13 PM
This Knicks team is very much like the Suns of the mid 2000's. After all they have the same coach and system.

Both teams will do great in the regular season. But once the playoffs rolls around (if the Knicks make it), opposing teams will expose their one-trick pony style.

They are not the same system, Idk why everyone keeps saying that

NYsFinest
12-25-2010, 04:15 PM
The 3 pt shooting excuse is lame... maybe the Bulls should play better perimeter defense. The Knicks are no longer a 1 trick 3 point shooting pony, they take threes when you give it to them and punish you inside with Amar'e and Wilson if you don't.

Cubsfan365
12-25-2010, 04:18 PM
first off, even with those percentages they are still a much better shooting team than the bulls. keep in mind amar'e poured in a relatively tame 20 point tonight.

i wouldn't be concerned as a bulls fan, but i wouldn't be "welcoming" this team as an opponent either. they have proven to be legit.

once rose takes the next step as a lock down defender, he will have arrived in my opinion. with all his physical gifts, he should be clamping down on guys like felton.
Korver shoots 42% from 3, Rose shoots 40% from 3, Deng shoots 40% from 3, so our main shooters have been better than the Knicks' this season. The Knicks have a slightly better total 3PT FG% and the Bulls have a slightly better team FG%, so to say Knicks are a much better shooting team is just wrong.

JamaicanYouth
12-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Something scary? The Knicks have an absolute stud/All Star talent in Anthony Randolph who doesn't even get minutes.

Allstar talent lmao come on man not even close

dnewguy
12-25-2010, 04:20 PM
After the christmas day it is pretty obvious that it wont matter if they are a 4 seed or a 5 seed because Chicago cant stop them.

What a great christmas!

Celtics
Magic
Heat
Knicks
Bulls
Pacers

I'll also remind you that the Bucks blew out the Lakers at home, Pacers blew out Heat at home also.......Bad teams sometimes win. Judging from the same game, the Bulls took higher percentage shots than the Knicks IMO. The Knicks settle for too many jumpers, even when they had a 2-1 advantage, they settled for jumpers. The Knicks made bad shots tonight, you can't depend on that during the play-offs when the game slows down.

Cubsfan365
12-25-2010, 04:20 PM
The 3 pt shooting excuse is lame... maybe the Bulls should play better perimeter defense. The Knicks are no longer a 1 trick 3 point shooting pony, they take threes when you give it to them and punish you inside with Amar'e and Wilson if you don't.
The Bulls should play better perimeter D definitely, but the Knicks still shot about 25% better than their season average. That isn't all bad defense, there is some luck in there too.

Cubsfan365
12-25-2010, 04:21 PM
I'll also remind you that the Bucks blew out the Lakers at home, Pacers blew out Heat at home also.......Bad teams sometimes win. Judging from the same game, the Bulls took higher percentage shots than the Knicks IMO. The Knicks settle for too many jumpers, even when they had a 2-1 advantage, they settled for jumpers. The Knicks made bad shots tonight, you can't depend on that during the play-offs when the game slows down.
Pretty much sums it up.

NYsFinest
12-25-2010, 04:23 PM

Except the Knicks are a game back from the Bulls and were actually the favorites today...time to give them some credit people kept saying they can't handle a tougher schedule but they just abused the Thunder, lost on a controversial buzzer beater against Boston and beat the Denver Nuggets.

knicks4life33
12-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Dude its so early to talk about playoff positioning lets talk about this in march like come on ! But i do think they will be a 4 or 5 seed

cheetos185
12-25-2010, 04:25 PM
knicks shot 54% from 3 how is that fluke when you guys didn't even contest them on 3's

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-25-2010, 04:28 PM
I really wish Knick fans would stop making threads on here after wins... It will never end up good. We beat a good Bulls team but it's a long season.. Relax

DoJoTheSlasher
12-25-2010, 04:32 PM

He has All Star talent and could become one in a few years.

Cubsfan365
12-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Dude its so early to talk about playoff positioning lets talk about this in march like come on ! But i do think they will be a 4 or 5 seed
In order to get the 4 seed, the Knicks would likely have to beat out Orlando or Miami. I don't see any chance whatsoever of that happening. I also see Atlanta beating out the Knicks, so I see them landing at 6 or 7

Flash3
12-25-2010, 04:38 PM
When did the knicks become better than the hawks :confused:

td0tsfinest
12-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Celtics
Magic
Heat
Knicks
Bulls
Pacers

Did Atlanta move to the west?

Kashmir13579
12-25-2010, 04:43 PM

LMAO.. keep dreaming dude. Noah is the man but he isn't the answer to the Bulls offensive struggles today. last time Boozer was the excuse and now Noah? Knicks have their number and Ray and Toney are the Drose killers.

Kashmir13579
12-25-2010, 04:44 PM
When did the knicks become better than the hawks :confused:

Since the Hawks have cooled off and lost to a couple pretty bad teams. its a long season though they will be back.

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Knicks played well tonight, your 3 pt shooting is insane every time you face us and we cant defend the 3pt shot to save our lives.

Plus we committed 22 turnovers and even missed a bunch of lay ups!

congratulations knicks, you deserved to win and bulls deserved to lose, the ugly way we played today

knicks4life33
12-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Actually i think the knicks are better then the hawks this year . Joe johnson is playing horrible this year ans is averagine 17 points per game and got his contract and last year in the playoffs joe johnson played horrible. The knicks have the same record as the hawks and they arent playing as good as they have in the past and jamal crawford aint playin like 6 man as he was so yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and btw we have a better record then the orlando magic

Cubsfan365
12-25-2010, 04:48 PM
LMAO.. keep dreaming dude. Noah is the man but he isn't the answer to the Bulls offensive struggles today. last time Boozer was the excuse and now Noah? Knicks have their number and Ray and Toney are the Drose killers.
It would be nice to have a healthy roster when we play the Knicks. It's true that Noah probably would have been the difference today whether Knicks fans like it or not. Rose had 25 points/8 assists/7 rebounds/6 steals, so Felton and Douglas can in no way be considered Rose stoppers.

Problemchild
12-25-2010, 04:50 PM

wow rocket fan comenting on a knick bull game. no good games for you this year huh. lol

Cubsfan365
12-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Actually i think the knicks are better then the hawks this year . Joe johnson is playing horrible this year ans is averagine 17 points per game and got his contract and last year in the playoffs joe johnson played horrible. The knicks have the same record as the hawks and they arent playing as good as they have in the past and jamal crawford aint playin like 6 man as he was so yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and btw we have a better record then the orlando magic
Check back in February or March and see if the Knicks have a better record than the Magic. The Knicks' schedule has been cake thus far, and ATL will probably beat them out as well.

85BearsDefense
12-25-2010, 04:51 PM
He has All Star talent and could become one in a few years.

2.0 points 2.5 boards a game... hes the next MJ book it

85BearsDefense
12-25-2010, 04:52 PM

last time i checked Noah grabs rebounds like no other and he scores and plays sound defense.... play us at full strength and see what happens

Problemchild
12-25-2010, 04:53 PM
GOOD game knicks are definatly back, wont disrespect chicago your poin is a beast but our point is doing his thing. If we get a big to support amare its gonna be hell for other teams in the east like it or not.

cheetos185
12-25-2010, 04:56 PM
last time i checked Noah grabs rebounds like no other and he scores and plays sound defense.... play us at full strength and see what happens

you guys aren't making a great case did the knicks outrebound bulls no you guys still outrebound us by big margin did the knicks kill you in paint? no you guys said it yourself we killed you on 3's so how does noah help on this :confused:

NYsFinest
12-25-2010, 04:56 PM

Too bad the Knicks have 15 million of cap space for next season and the Bulls have NONE. Chicago's roster is locked in and this is what it will probably be for a while, the Knicks are on the come up. Sure the Bulls are better now but they are not constructed as championship contenders, and we'll make sure to wave as we climb to the top within the next few years.

knicks4life33
12-25-2010, 04:59 PM
I actually will check back in and see us ahead of them and we play all the same teams everyone else does so aint like we gettin a breakkkk

zambo4president
12-25-2010, 04:59 PM

Noah's #5 in the NBA in Reounding and 15th in Blocked Shots. We lost by 8 Points, if Noah had been healthy the game would've seen a different outcome I don't see how you could deny that. Knicks are relevant again.

Cubsfan365
12-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Too bad the Knicks have 15 million of cap space for next season and the Bulls have NONE. Chicago's roster is locked in and this is what it will probably be for a while, the Knicks are on the come up. Sure the Bulls are better now but they are not constructed as championship contenders, and we'll make sure to wave as we climb to the top within the next few years.
How long has cap space and potential been the basis of Knick fans' arguments? It's time to start stating your case on the court. This NY team is very similar to the teams that D'Antoni coached in Phoenix, that looked great offensively and performed in the regular season, but didn't go anywhere in the playoffs. There's a reason for the phrase "Defense wins championships," and D'Antoni teams simply don't play defense IMO.

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 05:03 PM
you guys aren't making a great case did the knicks outrebound bulls no you guys still outrebound us by big margin did the knicks kill you in paint? no you guys said it yourself we killed you on 3's so how does noah help on this :confused:

he doesn't, youre completely right imo.

sloppy play and bad perimeter defense is what killed us, Noah wouldn't have helped us much the way we played tonight.

Everything was going your way and nothing was going our way, these games happen.

joeboow90
12-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Good win for the Knicks today. The rebounding was terrible tho thats y it was even close. Once bulls are fully healthy we'll be seeing some great knicks vs bulls games for years to come.

NYsFinest
12-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Noah's #5 in the NBA in Reounding and 15th in Blocked Shots. We lost by 8 Points, if Noah had been healthy the game would've seen a different outcome I don't see how you could deny that. Knicks are relevant again.

Injuries happen, I really don't know what else to tell you.

If Eddy Curry didn't rip his hamstring every time he ran...

Plus the Knicks have to play 8 deep every night because their starting shooting guard is not recovering like they thought he would.

NYsFinest
12-25-2010, 05:05 PM
How long has cap space and potential been the basis of Knick fans' arguments? It's time to start stating your case on the court. This NY team is very similar to the teams that D'Antoni coached in Phoenix, that looked great offensively and performed in the regular season, but didn't go anywhere in the playoffs. There's a reason for the phrase "Defense wins championships," and D'Antoni teams simply don't play defense IMO.

Last time I checked, the Knicks are playing good basketball. The Bulls are slightly better than the Knicks, but the Knicks have much more room for growth.

Cubsfan365
12-25-2010, 05:05 PM
I actually will check back in and see us ahead of them and we play all the same teams everyone else does so aint like we gettin a breakkkk
LOL you might be disappointed. And you say you play everyone else, but that's only accurate at the end of the season when teams have played out the full sschedule. Thus far, you guys have the 2nd easiest schedule in the entire league.

cheetos185
12-25-2010, 05:06 PM

did the knicks outrebound bulls today? NO

did the knicks destroy bulls in paint today? NO

can noah defend perimeter? NO NO NO

you guys said it yourself we killed you from 3's so how can noah help you bulls left knicks open on 3 land all game and you guys call bulls great defensive team :facepalm:

Cubsfan365
12-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Last time I checked, the Knicks are playing good basketball. The Bulls are slightly better than the Knicks, but the Knicks have much more room for growth.
LOL did you respond to anything I said about the Knicks not playing any defense and how they will never go anywhere under D'Antoni. Phoenix had Nash, Joe Johnson, Marion,and Amare, which is much better than the Knicks team and they still went nowhere without defense.

knicksfan42
12-25-2010, 05:10 PM
It would be nice to have a healthy roster when we play the Knicks. It's true that Noah probably would have been the difference today whether Knicks fans like it or not. Rose had 25 points/8 assists/7 rebounds/6 steals, .

25 points on 28 FGAs (blocked 6 times), 8 assists-7 TOs.

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 05:11 PM
We are one of the top defensive teams but defending the 3 is our achilles heel on defense. This entire team is bad at defending the 3 so having noah back wont help us much in that regard.

plus we played sloppily, 22 turnovers and we had awful offense today. Again, I dont see how having noah back helps us much there. This is an entire team problem, not just a problem because we dont have one of our important pieces there.

ElMarroAfamado
12-25-2010, 05:13 PM
i like the Knicks but if they try to play the Heat like they do they are probably going to lose....all the Heat do is try to get to the hoop, we all know they cant shoot for **** but i dont think they Knicks can keep them from the paint...and Corey Maggette I mean Lebron James should pick up fouls if you know how to draw charges but its going to be difficult to cause he cries and moans like a ***** and gets calls...

Cubsfan365
12-25-2010, 05:15 PM
25 points on 28 FGAs (blocked 6 times), 8 assists-7 TOs.
He still didn't shoot a bad percentage. 8 assists is a good number, so IDK why you put that in there. And where did you see he was blocked 6 times? When he was blocked, it was mostly by Amare or Turiaf, not by Felton or Douglas which is who we were talking about.

knicks4life33
12-25-2010, 05:16 PM
yea ok and we have beaten good teams also lol like oklahoma and denver, new orleans and took celetics to .4 seconds and if the video was reviewable woulda been .7 stoudamire shot woulda counted so we have played good teams so yea!!! good teams are supposed beat the teams they are supposed to beat and we have and our schedual isnt easy anymore hasnt been for past week and half

NYsFinest
12-25-2010, 05:16 PM
LOL did you respond to anything I said about the Knicks not playing any defense and how they will never go anywhere under D'Antoni. Phoenix had Nash, Joe Johnson, Marion,and Amare, which is much better than the Knicks team and they still went nowhere without defense.

That Suns team was one of the best teams in the toughest conference I have seen in my lifetime. They were also a few suspensions away from beating the Spurs and reaching the Finals... in which they would have faced a heavily over-matched eastern conference team. D Antoni actually has a winning playoff record.

And the Knicks do play defense, they get stops when they need to, they are one of the best shot blocking and turnover forcing teams in the NBA. You will say the Bulls played sloppy, I'll say the Knicks played defense. They give up some easy buckets and a lot of points due to pace. They aren't a good defensive team, but also not as awful as people make it out to be and I think their defensive efficiency is in the late teens.

For example you see the Bulls scored 95 points today and think the Knicks defense was not that good... however it took the Bulls 91 shots and they had 21 turnovers. Meanwhile a few nights ago they only scored 87 points against the Wizards and you would think that the Wizards played better defense right?? Wrong because the Bulls scored 87 on 73 shots.

knicksfan42
12-25-2010, 05:19 PM
He still didn't shoot a bad percentage. 8 assists is a good number, so IDK why you put that in there.

12-28 isn't good shooting. 8 assists on 7 turnovers.

And where did you see he was blocked 6 times?

BA, you didn't know what that stood for, lol.

ravistarr
12-25-2010, 05:20 PM
I love how homer knicks fans like to look over the fact that in each game the knicks won, the Bulls were missing an all-star caliber big man. Healthy, the Bulls whoop that *****

JordansBulls
12-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Those standings are impossible. Every division has to be represented in the top four. Even if the Knicks end up with a better record than the Bulls, the Bulls would get a higher seed by way of the division title.

This!! Also the Knicks schedule coming up is not soo good for them. We will really see how good they are. I expect the Knicks to be a 6th seed at the end of the year.

JordansBulls
12-25-2010, 05:22 PM

BA is blocks against

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 05:22 PM
We wont whoop that *** until we can defend the 3 (and stop having 22 turnovers). Having Noah doesnt magically mean everyone on the team can do that.

We played knicks twice and we havent shown ourselves capable of good perimeter defense

cheetos185
12-25-2010, 05:23 PM
This!! Also the Knicks schedule coming up is not soo good for them. We will really see how good they are. I expect the Knicks to be a 6th seed at the end of the year.

we just beat thunders and bulls how much more you need to see knicks aren't at the lvl of lakers miami boston spurs but they can compete with 2nd tier teams like thunder bulls hornets

JordansBulls
12-25-2010, 05:24 PM
I love the fact that the Bulls vs Knicks is a good match now, now I hope we meet in the playoffs as well, it is good for basketball. I expect a 6 game series minimum with it going 7. Hopefully going 7 personally.

Cubsfan365
12-25-2010, 05:25 PM
12-28 isn't good shooting. 8 assists on 7 turnovers.

I don't see that anywhere in the box score that I look at. 12-28 is 43%, it's not bad shooting. It's not good, but it's not bad. For instance, Gallinari has shot 41% for the whole season, and a lot of Knicks fans want to talk about how good he is.

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 05:25 PM
I think the Knicks are a good team... not elite, but neither are we, and both teams are only going to improve by next season

JordansBulls
12-25-2010, 05:26 PM
we just beat thunders and bulls how much more you need to see knicks aren't at the lvl of lakers miami boston spurs but they can compete with 2nd tier teams like thunder bulls hornets

And in the next 2 weeks You have Miami, Orlando, San Antonio, Phoenix, LA, Portland, Utah

Hustla23
12-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Both Knicks fans and Bulls fans need to get a grip.

latinofire, Have you ever posted in the actual Knicks forum buddy? :facepalm:

These kinds of threads provide for no constructive argument or analysis. It's simply just mindless bashing.... How terrible would it look if we actually do face the Bulls in the first round and they hose us 4-0??? No need for threads like this.

Bulls fans need a grip on reality. When you get beaten by a team twice, the first time rather handily, I'm sorry it's not just "luck." The reason we shoot the three so well is because Rose is a horrid defender and you have nothing that resembles a defensive guard. So we're always able to get consistently open looks. NBA players when left open, will consistently knock it down. It's as simple as that.

And Noah would not have helped to any significant degree. There is no way the Knicks could have gotten manhandled any worse on the boards today. There's no way. The Bulls dominated the boards as much as physically possible. And despite that, the Knicks won rather convincingly.

And last but not least, Rose got torched by Felton for the second time in a row.

If I was the complaining type, I would say that the Knicks could have won by an even larger margin if Amare didn't have a lackluster game, or if we had anything resembling a rebounding big, but I won't. Or, if Kelenna Azubuike, our best option at shooting guard was healthy, Rose would have been contained even further and the net would have been lit up even more from three.

ravistarr
12-25-2010, 05:28 PM
We wont whoop that *** until we can defend the 3 (and stop having 22 turnovers). Having Noah doesnt magically mean everyone on the team can do that.

We played knicks twice and we havent shown ourselves capable of good perimeter defense

Yeah, I know. I still think the Bulls prevail with Noah in the game. But there's no doubt the the Bulls are lacking three things (better FT shooting, perimeter defense, sg) and until they are addressed, they won't reach the next echelon of teams.

Rehman2009
12-25-2010, 05:29 PM
We here at PSD understand how you feel New Yorkers, we understand that IT'S BEEN A WHILE an that you're actually excited for basketball for once. But please, keep it in your pants. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Well said sir... well said lol

ravistarr
12-25-2010, 05:31 PM
And Noah would not have helped to any significant degree.

Come on man, don't be irrational. He's a great defender, rebounder, passer and capable offensive (14 PPG) big man.

To say, he wouldn't have helped to a significant degree (I know he wouldn't be a perimeter defender), compared to having a 38 year old Kurt Thomas is just not true.

Cubsfan365
12-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Both Knicks fans and Bulls fans need to get a grip.

latinofire, Have you ever posted in the actual Knicks forum buddy? :facepalm:

These kinds of threads provide for no constructive argument or analysis. It's simply just mindless bashing.... How terrible would it look if we actually do face the Bulls in the first round and they hose us 4-0??? No need for threads like this.

Bulls fans need a grip on reality. When you get beaten by a team twice, the first time rather handily, I'm sorry it's not just "luck." The reason we shoot the three so well is because Rose is a horrid defender and you have nothing that resembles a defensive guard. So we're always able to get consistently open looks. NBA players when left open, will consistently knock it down. It's as simple as that.

And Noah would not have helped to any significant degree. There is no way the Knicks could have gotten manhandled any worse on the boards today. There's no way. The Bulls dominated the boards as much as physically possible. And despite that, the Knicks won rather convincingly.

And last but not least, Rose got torched by Felton for the second time in a row.

If I was the complaining type, I would say that the Knicks could have won by an even larger margin if Amare didn't have a lackluster game, or if we had anything resembling a rebounding big, but I won't. Or, if Kelenna Azubuike, our best option at shooting guard was healthy, Rose would have been contained even further and the net would have been lit up even more from three.
Rose is not a "horrid defender." He definitely isn't the best, but a horrid defender isn't capable of getting 7 steals and making some of the plays he made today. Felton shot 50%, I wouldn't consider that getting "torched." And we can't really say Noah wouldn't have played a significant role because Noah energizes this team and brings a whole lot more to this team than what shows up in the box score. We only outrebounded you guys by 4, with Noah it probably would have been 12+ easily.

Hustla23
12-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Come on man, don't be irrational. He's a great defender, rebounder, passer and capable offensive (14 PPG) big man.

To say, he wouldn't have helped to a significant degree (I know he wouldn't be a perimeter defender), compared to having a 38 year old Kurt Thomas is just not true.
In the context of the game which was just played, no.

Would he have helped on the rebounding? Only marginally considering the fact that the Knicks were just mauled on the boards to the highest degree.

Would he have played our big men any better than Kurt and Gibson did today? I'd say not very likely considering the fact that Kurt did an excellent job on Amare today.

knicks4life33
12-25-2010, 05:35 PM
We here at PSD understand how many haters there are out there of knicks and there fans but I suggest hop off there di*ks

Hustla23
12-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Rose is not a "horrid defender." He definitely isn't the best, but a horrid defender isn't capable of getting 7 steals and making some of the plays he made today. Felton shot 50%, I wouldn't consider that getting "torched." And we can't really say Noah wouldn't have played a significant role because Noah energizes this team and brings a whole lot more to this team than what shows up in the box score. We only outrebounded you guys by 4, with Noah it probably would have been 12+ easily.
Considering how the Knicks were practically giving the ball away, getting 7 steals is not the be-all indicator for good defense.

What I saw was Rose consistently going under the screen and letting Felton get an open look, and not being able to keep Felton or Douglas out of the paint.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-25-2010, 05:38 PM
In the context of the game which was just played, no.

Would he have helped on the rebounding? Only marginally considering the fact that the Knicks were just mauled on the boards to the highest degree.

Would he have played our big men any better than Kurt and Gibson did today? I'd say not very likely considering the fact that Kurt did an excellent job on Amare today.

You also have to consider how Noah gets most of his points, which are off offensive boards and put backs. All those missed layups and shots we had in the fourth, Noah would've been there on at least half of them to clean em up.

Hustla23
12-25-2010, 05:42 PM
You also have to consider how Noah gets most of his points, which are off offensive boards and put backs. All those missed layups and shots we had in the fourth, Noah would've been there on at least half of them to clean em up.
Maybe.

My opinion is based on the idea that the Knicks were almost absolutely permeable to offensive rebounding today, so much so that it wouldn't have mattered who else was playing.

Whatever Noah would have theoretically gotten was pretty much gotten by Gibson, Deng, and whoever else.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-25-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm just gonna leave and say we're 18-10, 3rd in the East, and haven't even created a chemistry with our whole team because Boozer was out for 2 months and now Noah. See yall in the playoffs.