PDA

View Full Version : Another LeBron thread but...

cargobox
12-25-2010, 05:01 AM
Is this coincidence or what? Last year's Miami and Cleveland game, Michael Jordan's number 23 number was retired though he never played in Miami. Then, LeBron announced after that he wouldn't be wearing the number 23 but rather 6. Perhaps he's been planning to join Miami during that time or way before but retiring that number means that LeBron can't play with his jersey number at that time, therefore changing it this year. Thoughts?

And no, do not bash me for having less than 100 posts.

Jemikz9Clutch
12-25-2010, 05:19 AM
this was discussed back in july as a speculation also by some people. he's reason to change number was to honor mj's by retiring on all teams in the league so no one will ever wear it. something like what was done in other sports. other than that, idk if it's coincidence or fact.

MTar786
12-25-2010, 05:21 AM
good point

kswissdaf
12-25-2010, 05:40 AM
Why do people care when he made his decision, the fact of the matter is he wanted to go to the place where he had the best chance to win its that simple if Minnesota offered him the best chance to win he would've gone there . Bash LeBron all you want but, he knowingly ruined his reputation for the sake of winning championships which is pretty amazing

Bulls_fan90
12-25-2010, 06:11 AM
Why do people care when he made his decision, the fact of the matter is he wanted to go to the place where he had the best chance to win its that simple if Minnesota offered him the best chance to win he would've gone there . Bash LeBron all you want but, he knowingly ruined his reputation for the sake of winning championships which is pretty amazing

No he wouldn't have.

dodie53
12-25-2010, 06:21 AM
dunn dunn dunn dunn

Chill_Will_24
12-25-2010, 09:08 AM

I'm pretty sure that if they had informed other teams that they all wanted to play together at a discount, teams like the Knicks, Nets, and Bulls would prolly cleared the nessesary space. They all just wanted to live the party life. CLE was the most boring place ever. Lebron is young and spoiled. He dreamed of having what Wade had. The clubs, the parties, the limelight, the women... Bosh too! He was their lapdog. No way he would be left out! They could never have done that in NY! The media would eat them alive! This was not a basketball decision. It was a "celebrity attraction" decision. You think Lebron would be hosting birthday parties, charging $500k per invitation in CLE? Only in MIA...

Chill_Will_24
12-25-2010, 09:15 AM
No he wouldn't have.

Exactly! No homerism but Brook Lopez is better than any player they have outside of the big three and is on a rookie contract. Devin Harris could've been parlayed into a decent cheap PG... That team with those big three would be better than MIA. It wasn't a basketball decision. They wanted the party life!

12-25-2010, 09:35 AM

you say it wrong, it must be

Bash LeBron all you want but, he knowingly ruined his reputation with the sake of winning easy championships which is pretty lame

DetroitRipCity
12-25-2010, 10:09 AM
you say it wrong, it must be

Bash LeBron all you want but, he knowingly ruined his reputation with the sake of winning easy championships which is pretty lame

You said it wrong too

Bash LeBron all you want but, he knowingly ruined his reputation to attempt to win easy championships
:D

12-25-2010, 10:26 AM
You said it wrong too

Bash LeBron all you want but, he knowingly ruined his reputation to attempt to win easy championships
:D

thx for correcting me :o

king4day
12-25-2010, 10:29 AM
While it makes sense, I don't think even James is that stupid to announce he's changing his number last season simply because he knew he'd join the heat.

Flash3
12-25-2010, 10:42 AM
No he wouldn't have.

he would have, he said small market or not i want to be in the best position to win, he even described it to tim duncan playing in san antonio.

Flash3
12-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Exactly! No homerism but Brook Lopez is better than any player they have outside of the big three and is on a rookie contract. Devin Harris could've been parlayed into a decent cheap PG... That team with those big three would be better than MIA. It wasn't a basketball decision. They wanted the party life!

you guys cant afford all three. maybe just bosh and lebron. funny thing is you guys just came off a 12 win season. yea lebron would have been really attracted to that.

ThunderZubb
12-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Lol does everyone noticed that only Miami Heat fans are the only people defending Lebron James and I bet million dollars that half of these bandwagons weren't Miami Heat Fans or even watched basketball before The two clowns joined Miami Heat. Its funny thats all.

thekmp211
12-25-2010, 11:19 AM

are you saying lebron, lopez and whoever you got for devin harris

is better than...

lebron, dwyane wade and chris bosh?

pass the egg nog, my friend.

not that i care about the topic anymore, but lebron did choose the team with the best player on it in free agency. and if he wanted a market there was new york. lets just let it go..

ATX
12-25-2010, 11:31 AM

is better than...

not that i care about the topic anymore, but lebron did choose the team with the best player on it in free agency. and if he wanted a market there was new york. lets just let it go..

:clap:

Great post, especially the last part. Can the hate stop please. He's a grown man living HIS own life. Let him live it. Why does everyone want to tear the man limb from limb, after a tar and feathering, and being drug through a street of broken glass? Don't let another mans decision affect your lives so much, that you feel compelled to HATE. Wake up and move on. Let the man be. JESUS CHRIST. It's his life, not yours. He chose Miami, as HE believed it was the best place for HIM, NOT YOU.

Reversed86Curse
12-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Why do people care when he made his decision, the fact of the matter is he wanted to go to the place where he had the best chance to win its that simple if Minnesota offered him the best chance to win he would've gone there . Bash LeBron all you want but, he knowingly ruined his reputation for the sake of hopefully winning championships which is pretty amazing

Fixed

Rain 816
12-25-2010, 11:49 AM
:clap:

Great post, especially the last part. Can the hate stop please. He's a grown man living HIS own life. Let him live it. Why does everyone want to tear the man limb from limb, after a tar and feather bath, and dragging him through a street of broken glass? Don't let another mans decision affect your lives so much, that you feel compelled to HATE. Wake up and move on. Let the man be, JESUS CHRIST. It's his life, not yours. He chose Miami, as HE believed it was the best place for HIM, NOT YOU.

Preach on homie!!! Lol...thats whats up

RCarlson85
12-25-2010, 11:58 AM
This is pointless and was discussed like 6 months ago when this whole thing was starting. This theory is completely stupid. Here's the thing: he would not have had to announce/file for a number change ahead of time unless he was going to stay with the Cavs. The only time you have to formally ask for a number change is when you're staying with your current team. When you go to a new team through a trade/signing you can choose whatever number you want. If anything, this argument would only show that he was thinking about returning to the Cavs.

jetsfan28
12-25-2010, 12:00 PM

It matters because he strung along his own team for a month (stringing on other teams is fine, but he at least could have announced he was leaving Cleveland), and because it is not exactly great that he quit on his team while also planning on leaving his team for another team (and yes, he did quit on his team).

HiphopRelated
12-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Jordan's number has been retired("honored") for a long time in Miami, not last year

godolphins
12-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Lebron didn't have to change his number because Miami retired MJ number, he could of change it any time in the offseason if he was going to join a new team. Look at Chris Bosh who changed his number in the offseason after joining the Heat. There's a deadline in which you can file a number change in that really only take full effect if you're going to stay with your current team, so Lebron James either changed his mind about staying in Cleveland or he was creating more speculation.

RCarlson85
12-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Lebron didn't have to change his number because Miami retired MJ number, he could of change it any time in the offseason if he was going to join a new team. Look at Chris Bosh who changed his number in the offseason after joining the Heat. There's a deadline in which you can file a number change in that really only take full effect if you're going to stay with your current team, so Lebron James either changed his mind about staying in Cleveland or he was creating more speculation.

Exactly, I just posted this same thing a few comments ago. I'm glad someone else is smart enough to realize this. The number change argument is completely pointless.

Big Zo
12-25-2010, 12:09 PM
MJ's number has been hanging up there for years, it wasn't retired last season. I don't recall too well, but I don't think It's actually retired. Just put up there as a sign of respect.

Big Zo
12-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Lol does everyone noticed that only Miami Heat fans are the only people defending Lebron James and I bet million dollars that half of these bandwagons weren't Miami Heat Fans or even watched basketball before The two clowns joined Miami Heat. Its funny thats all.

If he was on your team, you'd be willing to take 50 bullets for the guy. Admit it.

ATX
12-25-2010, 12:15 PM
It matters because he strung along his own team for a month (stringing on other teams is fine, but he at least could have announced he was leaving Cleveland), and because it is not exactly great that he quit on his team while also planning on leaving his team for another team (and yes, he did quit on his team).

So 27 points, 19 rebounds, and 10 assists in game SIX to the CELTICS was quitting? So his averages of 26.88 points, 9.33 rebounds, and 7.16 assists in that series loss to the far better TEAM in BOSTON was just a rancid stat line? Give us a break please.

Chill_Will_24
12-25-2010, 12:15 PM

is better than...

Not in the slightest. Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Lopez>>>>>>> Lebron, Wade, Bosh

Lopez is still on a rookie deal. If they would have taken a pay cut with ANY team, I'm sure the Nets wouldve did whatever they had to to clear space. Also 12 wins is not that far from 15 and if I remember correctly Wade played in more than half of that season so what's YOUR excuse? Cuz I'm pretty sure that Nets team didn't have a Wade on their squad.

Flash3
12-25-2010, 12:22 PM

Lopez is still on a rookie deal. If they would have taken a pay cut with ANY team, I'm sure the Nets wouldve did whatever they had to to clear space. Also 12 wins is not that far from 15 and if I remember correctly Wade played in more than half of that season so what's YOUR excuse? Cuz I'm pretty sure that Nets team didn't have a Wade on their squad.

you guys couldnt afford all three though !!! unless it was a sign and trade which means u have to gut ur teams.'

only reason we could do it is cause we already had the bird rights for wade.

ATX
12-25-2010, 12:23 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

There's so much WRONG with this post, but F it, it's X MAS. I'm going to go back to my family, and enjoy the company of intelligent and rational life. I'll let someone else explain it. Merry Christmas haters, keep on hating. Tis' the Spirit right? Hate? :pity:

Flash3
12-25-2010, 12:27 PM

wade played injured almost the whole season.

Flash3
12-25-2010, 12:33 PM
wade did say it was either miami or chi for him.

Chill_Will_24
12-25-2010, 12:35 PM
you guys couldnt afford all three though !!! unless it was a sign and trade which means u have to gut ur teams.'

only reason we could do it is cause we already had the bird rights for wade.

My apologies bro. I completely overlooked that. I must still be drunk from last night. I wasn't hating thou. I dont have any problems with the Heat. If it wasn't cuz Lebron is such an idiot that can't keep his mouth shut instead of allowing his immense talents to do the talking, I would actually cheer for them as my team stinks it up. Merry Xmas everyone!

tr3ymill3r
12-25-2010, 12:37 PM
I didn't sift through a majority of the posts but a majority of the players who change numbers in the NBA do it to sell more jerseys. I'm not referring to players who are traded and either the number is already taken or the number for that particular team is already retired. Players can come up with a plethora of excuses and reasons as to why they changed their number. Nobody in their right mind is going to buy a closet full of #23 LeBron James jerseys or #8 Kobe jerseys, you only need one. Once the masses have accumulated enough jerseys to make that particular player the #1 jersey in sales their agent will chirp in their ear about a number change. By changing numbers it benefits all parties, stimulates the economy(yes, a stretch), agent makes money, player makes money, the team makes money, and to whomever is making the jerseys gets a cut as well. BTW am I the only one that thinks the jerseys this year look way too much like warm up jerseys due to the mesh look?

thekmp211
12-25-2010, 12:38 PM

the heat made the playoffs last year? wade was incredible? the nets didn't have room to sign 3 max free agents? wade didn't want to go to jersey? you're overrating brook lopez?

i dunno. gonna go with the other guy and leave this for another day. merry christmas.

Chill_Will_24
12-25-2010, 12:40 PM
wade played injured almost the whole season.

However when me and my fellow Nets fans brought up that same fact last year we were still mercilessly ridiculed... No team had more injuries than us to their core players last year. Just sayin...:D

knicks4life33
12-25-2010, 01:07 PM
theres more heat fans in these forumns then at the games lol

Hustlenomics
12-25-2010, 01:13 PM
he would have, he said small market or not i want to be in the best position to win, he even described it to tim duncan playing in san antonio.

and you believed that lol

mark1125
12-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Can a day go by without some newbie posting ANOTHER Lebron or Miami Heat thread? Seriously......done to death.:facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
12-25-2010, 01:15 PM
the heat made the playoffs last year? wade was incredible? the nets didn't have room to sign 3 max free agents? wade didn't want to go to jersey? you're overrating brook lopez?

i dunno. gonna go with the other guy and leave this for another day. merry christmas.

Ya I know. My mistake. I overlooked some things. I agree with everything you said except the overrating Lopez part. I'm not his hugest fan but anyone that doesn't think that guy would not be a star playing with those guys is insane. This isn't the thread to discuss why Lopez is doing bad this year

Flash3
12-25-2010, 01:38 PM
and you believed that lol

miami isnt exactly a "big" market. I think lebron knows where ever he goes he will still get his endorsements and attention.

AIRMAR72
12-25-2010, 01:41 PM
like both guys but wade is better thats just my opinon

DubiousCustomer
12-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Big surprise that LeBron is in favor of moves by the NBA that would ultimately result in a larger contract for himself.

ThunderZubb
12-25-2010, 05:35 PM
If he was on your team, you'd be willing to take 50 bullets for the guy. Admit it.

lol admit it you didn't know how to spell basketball before he joined miami heat and please wipe your mouth when your finish getting lebron off.

cargobox
12-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Can a day go by without some newbie posting ANOTHER Lebron or Miami Heat thread? Seriously......done to death.:facepalm:

So you posted and bumped the thread? :facepalm:
By the way, I'm not bashing LeBron. He's the best player in the NBA today but this was a big coincidence.

td0tsfinest
12-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Is this coincidence or what? Last year's Miami and Cleveland game, Michael Jordan's number 23 number was retired though he never played in Miami.

I thought the Heat retired MJ's jersey before Lebron was even in the league.

Anyways, the whole "I'm going to change my number next season" was nothing . If Lebron was actually conspiring to join the heat, you would think he would say nothing at all.