PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest on Javale McGee

LakersMaster24
12-25-2010, 03:32 AM
“He potentially could be a really good player,” Artest said. “I think he got to go to school a little bit more. He’s got to work on that IQ a little bit. He got to watch more tape. I don’t think he watches tape. I think he plays video games. I do. I don’t think he watches tape. I think he plays video games and I think he could possibly have an Atari. He should upgrade to a Play Station.”

Atari? He’s that out of date?

“Possibly Atari,” Artest said. “He could potentially become a force, if, if he wants to. But if he doesn’t, he can continue to play Atari.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/15/ron-artest-says-javale-mcgee-is-playing-too-many-video-games/ <<< MORE

Wow dont know if this was posted before, but this is funny :D:D:D Ahh Ron XD

John Walls Era
12-25-2010, 03:33 AM
:laugh2:

Seriously though, we need to get rid of Blatche!

THINKBLUE15
12-25-2010, 03:46 AM
"He got to go to school a little more".....?

Ron....I think you may need to go back and take a few English courses yourself.

shep33
12-25-2010, 03:55 AM
Ron is the best.:clap:

kurivaimu
12-25-2010, 03:59 AM
Well, first off i would like to point out that Ron should educate himself too. IF you read his interviews, it becomes pretty clear that he is rather unintelligent.

Secondly, his right about McGee. Javale has all the physical tools, the length, the athleticism. The only physical attribute he lacks is muscle. He needs to bulk up a bit.
But his basketball IQ is really non-existent. The solution for the Wizards would be that they hire a mentor to teach the game. Ewing and Olajuwon come to mind as they have done it before.

icon1914
12-25-2010, 04:03 AM

You might have a point... but, even in below average grammar, Artest has one too...

shep33
12-25-2010, 04:07 AM
Well, first off i would like to point out that Ron should educate himself too. IF you read his interviews, it becomes pretty clear that he is rather unintelligent.

Secondly, his right about McGee. Javale has all the physical tools, the length, the athleticism. The only physical attribute he lacks is muscle. He needs to bulk up a bit.
But his basketball IQ is really non-existent. The solution for the Wizards would be that they hire a mentor to teach the game. Ewing and Olajuwon come to mind as they have done it before.

You know what, Artest was a math major at St. Johns... that's crazy if you think about it. Math is crazy hard in University, I'm just terrible at it. I think we're wrong to call people unintelligent just because they lack proper verbal skills. I agree with you haha, some of his interviews make you scratch your head, but I don't think that reverts back to intelligence.

thekmp211
12-25-2010, 04:09 AM
haha artest is the man, brawl aside.

Hotone1401
12-25-2010, 04:10 AM
Lamar sums it up best,

While praising McGee for his incredible athleticism, Odom also provided a rather astute assessment of McGee, noting that he still needs to develop a better feel for the game "because the game is called basketball, not run and jump." * *

http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-wizards/2010/12/15/1877692/ron-artest-javale-mcgee-atari-lakers-vs-wizards

Bulls_fan90
12-25-2010, 04:13 AM

Seriously though, we need to get rid of Blatche!

We? Thought you were a Raps fan?

raidersrock99
12-25-2010, 04:23 AM
ron artest after nba championship "i wanna thank my hood and my psychiatrist" ahhaahhahaha hes a crackup

goblazers7
12-25-2010, 04:41 AM
Hahaha I love how Javale goes for free line dunks
in games. He must do that **** on atari

dodie53
12-25-2010, 07:25 AM
atari? wtf

MiamiWadeCounty
12-25-2010, 09:25 AM
he is actually correct. javale could become a top 5 big man. He is very athletic, fairly strong (could bulk up a little bit), and has length. He is also very young which is good, but he is missing that maturity/intelligence. Here are two similar clips. In the first one he foolishly tries to be flashy instead of passing it to a teammate or avoiding the charge. The second one he is just stupid. He couldve had a nice powerful dunk a little more in, but instead he tries to jump from the FT line. Overall, if the wizards want to trade him (:rolleyes:) they wont have to look any further than the heat in the southeast division lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl2b0fMXrGg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOB04HvFewA

edit: his dribbling skills arent too shabby for a 7fter either. also my boy taking that charge in the first clip

yoseppii12
12-25-2010, 10:16 AM

I don't think he meant school school I think he means like bball school. he says he has no IQ doesn't watch tape. he doesn't want McGee to go back to school he wants him to go to BBall school like spend some time and learn that athleticism only gets you so far in this league.

yshNYK
12-25-2010, 10:24 AM
He's obviously talking about mcgee's basketball iq ...and that he needs to educate and "upgrade" his "playing" to the nba level

..lol so i guess that makes ron ron a metaphorical genius

Sadds The Gr8
12-25-2010, 10:25 AM
it's true. The guy has all the tools but he's a ****ing idiot. Pretty weird for Ron to criticize like this though because he was as bad as Javale Mcgee (attitude was) AND SOME. This is coming for somebody that beat the holy **** out of a fan.

ball4reel
12-25-2010, 10:40 AM
I wonder if its an atari 2600 or 5200?

alexander_37
12-25-2010, 10:42 AM
But his basketball IQ is really non-existent.

I hate when people say this because I guarantee he knows more about basketball than 90% of people in this thread.

masalex1205
12-25-2010, 10:46 AM

I think people make a big mistake today equating education w/ intelligence. THere are a lot of intelligent people that don't have college or even high school degrees. FOr example, one cann tell just by listening to him that Randy Moss is intelligent but doesn't have the college degree.

SteBO
12-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Typical Ron........ Gotta luv him

jfree31
12-25-2010, 12:09 PM
ron ron just tries to sound so "hood" too often. dont think it has anything to do with his intelligence. then again i could be wrong. but with ron its all about his "hood" and queensbridge. this coming from a laker fan. he does say some dumb funny **** tho. minus the brawl at the palace, i think people would see he is just a big kid, and does funny things to stay loose with all the pressure he faces everyday. you take out that one "mistake" and i think most would agree

joeboow90
12-25-2010, 12:17 PM
hes not trying to sound so hood thats just who he is. he rose up from the queensbridge housing projects to the nba and became a star thats like a 1 in a million chance and he made it. hes just a fun flamboyant guy, im from queens and Ron is the only 1 really reppin for queens i love the guy and a lot of people just dont understand what hes saying or trying to say. keep doin your thing ron

John Walls Era
12-25-2010, 12:51 PM
We? Thought you were a Raps fan?

I am... BUT I also want to see Wall succeed. So I used "we".

nightBULL
12-25-2010, 01:46 PM
I hate when people say this because I guarantee he knows more about basketball than 90% of people in this thread.

Good things he's not playing against us.

I dont think anyone cares how he stacks up against any of our basketball IQ's, so I'll just keep comparing his IQ to that of other NBA players.

PippensBulls
12-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Ron's right, Mcgee is pretty raw, he needs to work on a few post moves or he'll be a 7 foot version of Gerald Green.

HoopsDrive
12-25-2010, 03:03 PM

He should be measured against other professionals in his area and not against fans such as ourselves. In that regard, his basketball IQ is indeed non-existent.

PippensBulls
12-25-2010, 03:20 PM
An idiot can recognize another one of his fellows, no?