PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James to have 11 stop birthday tour, expects people to pay

madiaz3
12-24-2010, 10:14 PM
~$500,000 to party with him

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/12/24/basketball.nba.lebron.james/index.html?hpt=C2

Would you pay $500K to go to LeBron James' birthday party?

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Miami Heat's LeBron James is looking for sponsors for his 26th birthday party
Investment opportunities are available for between $10,000-$500,000
The Miami bash will boast A-list celebrities according to marketing firm he hired
James is participating in an 11-stop dinner party tour, set to run until April
(CNN) -- He earns millions of dollars every year, but basketball star LeBron James wants investors to splash out up to $500,000 each to sponsor his lavish 26th birthday celebrations.

The Miami Heat player has hired a marketing firm to find backers willing to help fund his December 30 party, dubbed the "Full Court Birthday Celebration."

James, who earned a reported $14.5 million in salary this year, enlisted SA Global Plus -- whose website shows slides from a presentation given to potential investors.

The sponsorship opportunities range from $10,000 for a single event on his 11-stop "LeBron James Dinner Party Tour" to $500,000 for a season package.

Next week's A-list party will take place at the Coco De Ville Lounge in Miami Beach's Gansevoort Hotel, and the presentation promises an array of stars including athletes, musicians and political figures who "reinvent and set the tone for a chic lifestyle."

The celebrity bash "is royal themed fitting for a birthday celebration of a king, channeling an ambience of extravagant court life."

Click here to see SA Global Plus' 12-slide presentation

Potential sponsors will have further chances to catch a glimpse of the self-styled "King" as his celebrations -- which started in New York this month -- keep going until the final date in Atlanta on April 10.

But for someone who pays so much attention to the finer details, his name is spelled "Lebron" throughout the presentation -- at odds with his own website's preference.

It is not the first time the former Cleveland Cavaliers guard, who calls himself "King James" on his Twitter account, has attracted attention away from the basketball court.

The six-time NBA All-Star ended months of speculation about his future in July, when he announced he would be joining the Heat on a live television special called "The Decision."

The broadcast, which led to James becoming a pariah among Cavaliers fans, attracted a reported 10 million viewers.

The Heat will take on two-time defending NBA champions the Lakers in Los Angeles in Saturday's high-profile Christmas clash.

netsgiantsyanks
12-24-2010, 10:24 PM
lolz.

Raidaz4Life
12-24-2010, 10:29 PM
This article pretty much sums up why I hate Lebron James.

LTBaByyy
12-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Im surprised he doesnt get Boys & Girls club to sponsor it lol

godolphins
12-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Let the hate begin........

netsgiantsyanks
12-24-2010, 10:35 PM
before trying to be a smart-***, learn how to spell.

netsgiantsyanks
12-24-2010, 10:37 PM
anywhos....... what kind of ******** is this?

sixer04fan
this makes me want to vomit

godolphins
Because his life is better than yours

godolphins
12-24-2010, 10:39 PM
before trying to be a smart-***, learn how to spell.
Hi hater

Tony_Starks
12-24-2010, 10:43 PM
tomfoolery.

Kingz4L
12-24-2010, 10:43 PM
I respect Lebron on the court but off the court the guy needs to go through what MC Hammer went through to really appriciate the little things in life...this guy is swimming on top of money..hes lost his mind.

Mrphilly
12-24-2010, 10:47 PM
So whats the problem? Do people hate Lebron so much that they make a big deal of the way he celebrates his birthday???

Getting Sponsors for a party is nothing new, if you think these rich people pay for all the parties out of their own pocket, you are sadly mistaken.

The article says "James makes Million of dollars but wants INVESTORS to splash out $500,000 to sponsor his parties"

What does his money have to do with Their investment. If they want to make money they have to spend money. When the pictures come out from these parties, do you know how much publicity and money these sponsors will make. Lebron Does, and that is why they have to pay.

Some of you guys have to look in the mirror and admit that you are obsessed with a man!!!

godolphins
12-24-2010, 10:55 PM
^^^People just want a reason to hate on him

blacknell
12-24-2010, 10:56 PM
I think Lebron is a good player n all but this right here sums up why he will never been MJ. I don't remember MJ during the season talking botu give me 500 stacks and lets party. He doesn't care for the game and this is why the NBA is so horrible now because your best player cares more about partying and eating stripper snatch instead of getting rings. Kobe is the only one with the buring firr to win rings

Phillysports101
So whats the problem? Do people hate Lebron so much that they make a big deal of the way he celebrates his birthday???

Getting Sponsors for a party is nothing new, if you think these rich people pay for all the parties out of their own pocket, you are sadly mistaken.

The article says "James makes Million of dollars but wants INVESTORS to splash out $500,000 to sponsor his parties"

What does his money have to do with Their investment. If they want to make money they have to spend money. When the pictures come out from these parties, do you know how much publicity and money these sponsors will make. Lebron Does, and that is why they have to pay.

Some of you guys have to look in the mirror and admit that you are obsessed with a man!!!

I think its more he is obsessed with himself. The hatred comes from having to watch and hear about a self absorbed dbag day in and day out. As far as investing in a party, thats fine. If you can make money off of this clown, go for it.

blacknell
if i ever meet lebron i'm going to make him tapout like a lil beotch

Raidaz4Life
12-24-2010, 10:58 PM

I wouldn't even agree with that so no. Obviously his life isn't better than mine if he feels the need to be this much of an attention whore to be happy.

netsgiantsyanks
12-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Hi hater

na man, i was just pointing that out for future reference.

Rivera
12-24-2010, 10:59 PM
:laugh: thats crazyyy thats whatsup though getting people pay 500k for you to basically...blow it in partying thats crazy and if he can get people to pay him that much to party more power to him

dont get mad at lebron for tryin this get mad at the people who r going to pay 500k for him to party....cause if i were him i would try it to :D

dnewguy
12-24-2010, 10:59 PM
He is a part-time businessman, all this hate of Lebron for doing legal stuff is pathetic. Leave the guy alone already.

godolphins
12-24-2010, 11:01 PM
I think its more he is obsessed with himself. The hatred comes from having to watch and hear about a self absorbed dbag day in and day out. As far as investing in a party, thats fine. If you can make money off of this clown, go for it.
If you don't want to hear about him then why did you click on this thread if his a "self absorbed dbag"

goku
12-24-2010, 11:02 PM
**** that party

Evolution23
12-24-2010, 11:05 PM
I love Lebron

godolphins
12-24-2010, 11:06 PM
I wouldn't even agree with that so no. Obviously his life isn't better than mine if he feels the need to be this much of an attention whore to be happy.
Basically he is getting paid to celebrate his birthday I don't know anybody else who would not want to get paid while celebrating they're birthday.

Let me ask you a question: Wouldn't you want to get $500,000 sponsorship while celebrating your birthday?

Mrphilly
12-24-2010, 11:08 PM
I think Lebron is a good player n all but this right here sums up why he will never been MJ. I don't remember MJ during the season talking botu give me 500 stacks and lets party. He doesn't care for the game and this is why the NBA is so horrible now because your best player cares more about partying and eating stripper snatch instead of getting rings. Kobe is the only one with the buring firr to win rings

This doesnt make any sense. Jordan was a heavy gambler, which I think is worse than a few parties.

His parties are not the reason he wont be MJ, There is only one MJ and that wont change with or without a birthday celebration.

Stop looking for reasons to hate Lebron.

Mrphilly
12-24-2010, 11:13 PM

He maybe obsessed with himself, but I dont get that from this article. His obsession himself is his issue, until the people that is obsessed with Lebron starts reporting it.

Lebron didnt write this article, he is just planning his parties.

I think your issue is with the people that are obsessed with Lebron.

pd1dish
12-24-2010, 11:17 PM
lebrons manager, publicist, and anyone that has something to with lebrons image are all idiots. didnt they learn from his hour long special? lebron is an idiot also

godolphins
12-24-2010, 11:20 PM
lebrons manager, publicist, and anyone that has something to with lebrons image are all idiots. didnt they learn from his hour long special? lebron is an idiot also

What would you base that on

pd1dish
12-24-2010, 11:21 PM

just because it happened in Entourage doesnt mean a lot of famous people do it....

and like you know how celebs pay for parties

Raidaz4Life
12-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Basically he is getting paid to celebrate his birthday I don't know anybody else who would not want to get paid while celebrating they're birthday.

Let me ask you a question: Wouldn't you want to get $500,000 sponsorship while celebrating your birthday?

It would be nice if someone offered, but I wouldn't be looking for investors for an 11 stop birthday tour. That is completely over the top.

gaughan333
12-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Sorry dude i'm not gay

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself...

godolphins
12-24-2010, 11:24 PM
It would be nice if someone offered, but I wouldn't be looking for investors for an 11 stop birthday tour. That is completely over the top.

Now when his that famous and rich, he just knows how to capatilize on it.

godolphins
12-24-2010, 11:25 PM
Whatever makes you feel better about yourself...

Whatever makes you sleep at night

gaughan333
12-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Whatever makes you sleep at night

This comment makes zero sense, good work.

godolphins
12-24-2010, 11:30 PM
This comment makes zero sense, good work.

GunFactor187
12-24-2010, 11:48 PM
@$$clown...:pity::facepalm:

blacknell
12-25-2010, 12:05 AM
This doesnt make any sense. Jordan was a heavy gambler, which I think is worse than a few parties.

His parties are not the reason he wont be MJ, There is only one MJ and that wont change with or without a birthday celebration.

Stop looking for reasons to hate Lebron.

Who ever said i didn't like Lebron? I think i have said numerous times he is the best player in the NBA which is why i just compared him to MJ??MJ never charged people to Gamble and it didn't bother his play either. Also being a heavy gambler means you love to compete, its a desire to win, partying just means you love to drink and eat snatch

Gibby
12-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Some people are just plain haters.

Just because he has a big party doesnt mean he doesnt care about wining rings. its not like other players dont party, who cares how he uses his free time.

he is not attention whore, its a party for friends not the public. Its not like he asks the media to make a big deal out of it. He is just being a smart business person by trying to get sponsors.

heatking
12-25-2010, 12:10 AM
LePimp

Gibby
12-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Who ever said i didn't like Lebron? I think i have said numerous times he is the best player in the NBA which is why i just compared him to MJ??MJ never charged people to Gamble and it didn't bother his play either. Also being a heavy gambler means you love to compete, its a desire to win, partying just means you love to drink and eat snatch

how the hell can you tell if partying is affecting his play. Every player uses their free time differently.

how does gambling = desire to win. When you are putting money on something you have no control over.

Partying doesnt mean drinking and eating snatch. He is a millionaire and this party is for other rich people, im pretty sure its more classy than that. Party just means a place to interact with friends and acquaintances. Party can be relaxing, it doesnt mean that he is going to come to practice or games drunk.

JIDsanity
12-25-2010, 12:18 AM
^^^People just want a reason to hate on him

You dont make sense ya know. If people exclusively wanted to hat LeBron then theres probably a reason. It has nothing to do with his money, power, or how good he is on the court. Jordan dominates LeBron in all of those categories and everybody loves MJ. LeBron on the other hand makes himself an easy target for hate. His personality isnt the greatest. No one is perfect though, however take away the fame and I wonder how many "friends" LeBron would have.

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 12:21 AM
I always find it hilarious when poor and middle class people make all kinds of excuses for rich people. Whether its trailer park trash voting republican and preaching against the estate tax or people here stumbling all over themselves trying to defend Lebron James, I always wonder if they've got their priorities mixed up.

DoJoTheSlasher
12-25-2010, 12:21 AM
I don't see Kobe, Dirk, Duncan and Garnett throwing parties like this.

godolphins
12-25-2010, 12:23 AM
You dont make sense ya know. If people exclusively wanted to hat LeBron then theres probably a reason. It has nothing to do with his money, power, or how good he is on the court. Jordan dominates LeBron in all of those categories and everybody loves MJ. LeBron on the other hand makes himself an easy target for hate. His personality isnt the greatest. No one is perfect though, however take away the fame and I wonder how many "friends" LeBron would have.
I never compared him to MJ

John Walls Era
12-25-2010, 12:26 AM
I don't like this, but I can't lie: If I was Lebron, I would do the same thing.

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 12:27 AM
All this "King" business is really ridiculous too. I'm an American, I'm supposed to hate monarchs.

If I was Lebron I'd be like, "Don't call me King."

"Call me, Prime Minister James"

John Walls Era
I don't see Kobe, Dirk, Duncan and Garnett throwing parties like this.

Duncan doesn't like to party and no one would go to KGs. Dirk probably throws crazy parties back home.

Eagles4Lyfe
this guy just never ceases to amaze you with stupidity..This is why players shouldn't come out of highschool no brains whatsoever

Sixerlover
12-25-2010, 12:28 AM
I always find it hilarious when poor and middle class people make all kinds of excuses for rich people. Whether its trailer park trash voting republican and preaching against the estate tax or people here stumbling all over themselves trying to defend Lebron James, I always wonder if they've got their priorities mixed up.

Besides not seeing how the first two match the last example, I wonder if some people just don't hate every move this guy makes and others do. We watch him for his ON THE COURT actions, wtf do his off the court antics have to do with anything?

It sounds like you want all poor / middle class people to vote democrat, and hate LeBron :p

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 12:29 AM
Besides not seeing how the first two match the last example, I wonder if some people just don't hate every move this guy makes and others do. We watch him for his ON THE COURT actions, wtf do his off the court antics have to do with anything?

It sounds like you want all poor / middle class people to vote democrat, and hate LeBron :p

I just want poor and middle class people to realize that rich people don't really give a crap about you, so why are you defending them and protecting their interests?

If you're poor or middle class, just call it as it is, and say "Yes this is egregious and excessive spending" on par of Marie Antoinette 'let them eat cake' as people of Paris are starving on the streets.

Sixerlover
12-25-2010, 12:35 AM
this guy just never ceases to amaze you with stupidity..This is why players shouldn't come out of highschool no brains whatsoever

Not to disagree, but he is one of the richest and most well known athletes in America and doesn't have so much as 1 legal problem. Sure HE'S the example as to why high schoolers need that year of college. Not Darius Miles, Sebastian Telfair, Eddy Curry, Qyntel Woods or players with extreme legal issues like that.

Sixerlover
12-25-2010, 12:37 AM
I just want poor and middle class people to realize that rich people don't really give a crap about you, so why are you defending them and protecting their interests?

If you're poor or middle class, just call it as it is, and say "Yes this is egregious and excessive spending" on par of Marie Antoinette 'let them eat cake' as people of Paris are starving on the streets.

Hell yeah it's excessive spending, but it's his money so it's not going to hurt my opinion of him. I could use examples, but I know they would get torched by the PSD'ers

IrightI
12-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Some people are just plain haters.

Just because he has a big party doesnt mean he doesnt care about wining rings. its not like other players dont party, who cares how he uses his free time.

he is not attention whore, its a party for friends not the public. Its not like he asks the media to make a big deal out of it. He is just being a smart business person by trying to get sponsors.

It's not a party, it is 11 parties, over the span of 4 months. Who celebrates their birthday for 4 months?

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 12:41 AM
I don't think he needs more schooling so much as he needs a reality check. There's nothing wrong with rich people spending their money, I just really question a persons mental and emotional well being when they say "I need a million dollar birthday party".

Doesn't that just ooze megalomania, egotism and obnoxiousness to you guys? Again, I have no idea how a middle class person could overlook that.

Lebron James is a young, black millionaire and like that old Busta Rhymes song goes, he's doing what a lot of young black millionaires do: Flexing. But I don't think its the mature thing to do and it speaks a lot to his emotional and mental level right now, and not in a good way either.

kArSoN RyDaH
12-25-2010, 12:43 AM
Is it going to be nationally televised on ESPN ?

Htownballa1622
12-25-2010, 12:45 AM
There's so much hate for lebron its ridiculous

Hate on someone who actually is a dbag(see garnett)

Hate on matt barnes for being dirty.

But for everyone who hates on lebron. You are ******* pathetic.
Grow up. He's a great player who made a bad show (decision) but had every right to go leave to play in miami.
Smh to all you haters.

on topic....he's going to be filthy rich. Smart guy

fanofclendennon
12-25-2010, 12:46 AM

No.

Because chutzpah (unmitigated gall) and greed are very unlikeable traits. He should be footing the bill for his party and then raising money for charity.

He needs to get a clue.

NYKnicks4511
12-25-2010, 12:47 AM
It's not a party, it is 11 parties, over the span of 4 months. Who celebrates their birthday for 4 months?

THIS.

Seriously, what the heck goes through this guy's head???

Hustlenomics
12-25-2010, 12:47 AM
lmao he can't even party without getting hated on ..maybe he should just disappear

Robbw241
12-25-2010, 12:49 AM
What happened to the days when you invited your friends and family to parties?

justinnum1
12-25-2010, 12:49 AM
lol...i bet all the venues are sold out and he makes a ton of money:laugh: Smart business man.

fanofclendennon
12-25-2010, 12:50 AM
There's so much hate for lebron its ridiculous

Hate on someone who actually is a dbag(see garnett)

Hate on matt barnes for being dirty.

But for everyone who hates on lebron. You are ******* pathetic.
Grow up. He's a great player who made a bad show (decision) but had every right to go leave to play in miami.
Smh to all you haters.

on topic....he's going to be filthy rich. Smart guy

He absolutely had the right to play in Miami.

But his choice to find sponsors to pay for his birthday party was the epitome of PR stupidity, almost as bad as his stupid show. So in the end, he felt the $500,000 or what ever his party will cost is more important than his public image. That proves that while "he's going to be filthy rich" (newsflash: he already is), he's anything but a smart guy.

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 12:51 AM
lmao he can't even party without getting hated on ..maybe he should just disappear

Nobodies hating on the guy for partying, but are you seriously going to excuse a guy who says "I'm not just gonna have a birthday party, I'm gonna have a multi-million dollar birthday party, and not just one, but 11 of them."

You're gonna make excuses for that, seriously? Nobody making less than $200,000 a year should really be excusing this. Poor and middle class people need to stick together and advocate for our own interests, not for the interests of the crazy-rich.

Lebron needs help man, he needs to seek the advice of stable, grounded black millionaires. People like Chris Rock. He needs a mentor.

C-ross12
12-25-2010, 12:53 AM
This is a prime reason why our society probably wont advance much more.. I have an idea for LeBron.. Have your birthday party, and convince some entertainers to entertain paying customers for free. Take all the money you made and give it to charity. Thats how you restore your image.

Htownballa1622
12-25-2010, 12:55 AM
He absolutely had the right to play in Miami.

But his choice to find sponsors to pay for his birthday party was the epitome of PR stupidity, almost as bad as his stupid show. So in the end, he felt the $500,000 or what ever his party will cost is more important than his public image. That proves that while "he's going to be filthy rich" (newsflash: he already is), he's anything but a smart guy.

Newsflash? No $***

Why should he care what a nobody to him (you+ haters) thinks of him?

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 12:56 AM
This is a prime reason why our society probably wont advance much more.. I have an idea for LeBron.. Have your birthday party, and convince some entertainers to entertain paying customers for free. Take all the money you made and give it to charity. Thats how you restore your image.

or at the very least, if you cant act properly then learn to have the appearance of propriety, especially in harsh economic times. This is very...out of touch and marie antoinette-ish of him.

and again, dude needs a psychiatrist quick if he thinks his birthday warrants a million dollar 11 stop bash. All this "King" business and stuff is really going to his head.

Newsflash? No $***

You're a nobody to him too, why are you defending him? why? You probably make like $20,000 a year and feel lucky just to make that much. Why stick up for Lebron James? he doesnt need you speaking up for him.

justinnum1
12-25-2010, 12:56 AM
This actually could be a good opportunity for companies to market themselves. People need to think about this rationally and not let your hate cloud your judgement.

C-ross12
12-25-2010, 12:59 AM
This actually could be a good opportunity for companies to market themselves. People need to think about this rationally and not let your hate cloud your judgement.

Let me ask you something.. If this was a player of any other team, (Celtics, Lakers.. hell even the Grizzlies) you'd support it?

fanofclendennon
12-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Newsflash? No $***

Because in the end, he could make more off his image than he would off his basketball ability. If you could just grasp the concept of penny wise and pound foolish, you might have a clue too.

Alas.

Hustlenomics
12-25-2010, 01:02 AM
Nobodies hating on the guy for partying, but are you seriously going to excuse a guy who says "I'm not just gonna have a birthday party, I'm gonna have a multi-million dollar birthday party, and not just one, but 11 of them."

You're gonna make excuses for that, seriously? Nobody making less than $200,000 a year should really be excusing this. Poor and middle class people need to stick together and advocate for our own interests, not for the interests of the crazy-rich.

Lebron needs help man, he needs to seek the advice of stable, grounded black millionaires. People like Chris Rock. He needs a mentor.

im well aware of his egotistical ways but I'm just saying it doesn't matter what Lebron does nowadays people will hate.. :o

justinnum1
12-25-2010, 01:02 AM
Let me ask you something.. If this was a player of any other team, (Celtics, Lakers.. hell even the Grizzlies) you'd support it?

I wouldn't care. Im not being forced to do anything, and neither are you. Lebrons name attracts people, lebron is a marketing machine. You don't think shaq and other stars have ever done things like this? Fact is, every venue will sell out. Have to give the people what they want.

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 01:03 AM

so you're saying McDonalds could pay the $500,000 and have one of his 11 birthday parties be brought to you by... "The new limitied time only mcRibwich sandwich"...?

"LeBron James' Birthday bash sponsored by Kit Kat, have you had a break today?"

I could see how that might promote a product and result in middle class people getting paid. Its not the greatest way in the world to help poor and middle class people, far from it, but it might definitely help.

LeBron level of richness and fame could uplift entire communities from poverty, if he could just have a little vision and get over himself, he could do great things for real people. But nothing about this event says that thats what he's aiming for. It sounds like it's all about him, flossing.

justinnum1
12-25-2010, 01:04 AM
or at the very least, if you cant act properly then learn to have the appearance of propriety, especially in harsh economic times. This is very...out of touch and marie antoinette-ish of him.

and again, dude needs a psychiatrist quick if he thinks his birthday warrants a million dollar 11 stop bash. All this "King" business and stuff is really going to his head.

You're a nobody to him too, why are you defending him? why? You probably make like $20,000 a year and feel lucky just to make that much. Why stick up for Lebron James? he doesnt need you speaking up for him.

Do you know how ignorant that sounded?

C-ross12
12-25-2010, 01:06 AM
I wouldn't care. Im not being forced to do anything, and neither are you. Lebrons name attracts people, lebron is a marketing machine. You don't think shaq and other stars have ever done things like this? Fact is, every venue will sell out. Have to give the people what they want.

I guess if thats what people want. Hell, im not forced to pay the money for it. Guess I agree with you there. Just upsetting that someone in such a prime position to do some good for other people has such a "me" first personality.

justinnum1
so you're saying McDonalds could pay the $500,000 and have one of his 11 birthday parties be brought to you by... "The new limitied time only mcRibwich sandwich"...?

"LeBron James' Birthday bash sponsored by Kit Kat, have you had a break today?"

I could see how that might promote a product and result in middle class people getting paid. Its not the greatest way in the world to help poor and middle class people, far from it, but it might definitely help.

LeBron level of richness and fame could uplift entire communities from poverty, if he could just have a little vision and get over himself, he could do great things for real people. But nothing about this event says that thats what he's aiming for. It sounds like it's all about him, flossing.

:facepalm: What about his bike drive? or his foundation? or the boys and girls club? And you don;t know what he;s doing with the profits of this lol, you are just finding something to hate on lol...keep it up. This is getting sad.

RZZZA
You mean I'm ignorant about how much you make? Yeah, I'm just guessing, I think I got it around the ballpark though: You're poor to middle class, safe bet.

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 01:08 AM
:facepalm: What about his bike drive? or his foundation? or the boys and girls club? And you don;t know what he;s doing with the profits of this lol, you are just finding something to hate on lol...keep it up. This is getting sad.

Those are all good things, and if he turns around and does something good for real people from this then I'll applaud him. I don't think its unfair to criticize him for this though. It looks bad, just on the surface, it looks egotistical and out of touch. admit that

Storch
12-25-2010, 01:09 AM
Lebron's a good business man. Good move to make money.

justinnum1
12-25-2010, 01:10 AM
I guess if thats what people want. Hell, im not forced to pay the money for it. Guess I agree with you there. Just upsetting that someone in such a prime position to do some good for other people has such a "me" first personality.

:confused: Good for other people? You think he has never done anything good? You think every time he makes money he needs to give it to other people? I don;t understand, Do you give your birthday money away? Or your salary? The guy has given more away in the last year than all of us on PSD combined. This guy does good for other people everyday he steps on the court. Lets cut him a break, he is a 26 year old guy, albeit immature, has good intentions and has never been involved with the law or done something illegal.

fanofclendennon
12-25-2010, 01:10 AM
Lebron's a good business man. Good move to make money.

penny wise, pound foolish.

Sixerlover
12-25-2010, 01:12 AM
:confused: Good for other people? You think he has never done anything good? You think every time he makes money he needs to give it to other people? I don;t understand, Do you give your birthday money away? Or your salary? The guy has given more away in the last year than all of us on PSD combined. This guy does good for other people everyday he steps on the court. Lets cut him a break, he is a 26 year old guy, albeit immature, has good intentions and has never been involved with the law or done something illegal.

False. I gave 150 million of my salary away last year to the Make a Wish foundation.

Stuckey#3
12-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Hi hater

Bro I understand trying to defend your team and your players... but this guy really has no ground to stand on. He just continues to make an *** out of himself.

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 01:13 AM

personally, I buy a lot of presents for people from the money I got from my minimum wage job. Most of the money I got paid, was spent on presents for other people.

If he doesn't want criticism, why does nothing in the article state something like "All proceeds go to charity"? This guy definitely needs better PR working for him, because based on that article, it just makes it look like this is an egotistical guy looking to have 11 birthday parties and looking to get more money for himself. It just looks bad.

justinnum1
12-25-2010, 01:14 AM
Those are all good things, and if he turns around and does something good for real people from this then I'll applaud him. I don't think its unfair to criticize him for this though. It looks bad, just on the surface, it looks egotistical and out of touch. admit that

lol, any big celeb party has sponsors who pay. P diddy, jay z, timberlake. This is no different than one of those E! celeb partys where you have sponsors. Maybe you feel uncomftorable that lebron is so famous, or something, but for you to be slamming this guy for throwing an extravagant birthday celebration is :confused:

Storch

How does this attempt in business to make money a bad move? How old are you? Do you know how economics works?

Let me break it down for you kid. Lebron throws a party, celebs come, photographers come, it gets published in magazines, articles, newspapers, tv, etc. Let's say a brand like... Nike decides to put money in this $500,000. There logo will be published everywhere in this club for people to see so that when things get published, bam their ad is there.

In conclusion, Lebron gets money and the investors get money.

This is like Lebron putting $1,000,000 in a mutual bond for investment TO MAKE MONEY, but he's doing it in a less risky fashion by using advertisement investments.

If lebron were to open a hotel in vegas to make money, would you haters hate then?

How about a different business deal where he purchases a whole bunch of stock for AAPL then sold it when the stock is high, would you haters call him out then too for making more money?

So how does Lebron look bad for working as a businessman outside the NBA?

Some of you noobs are so caught up in the lebron hate that if one of you say something - monkey see monkey do occurs - and everyone starts hollering the same statements. I hate lebron on the court, but some of you need to grow up.

fanofclendennon

How sad that our bar has dropped so low that now someone is considered a good guy because he "has never been involved with the law or done something illegal."

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 01:15 AM
False. I gave 150 million of my salary away last year to the Make a Wish foundation.

lol. jokes. You got jokes.

justinnum1

:clap::clap:
:rolleyes:

Sixerlover
personally, I buy a lot of presents for people from the money I got from my minimum wage job. Most of the money I got paid, was spent on presents for other people.

If he doesn't want criticism, why does nothing in the article state something like "All proceeds go to charity"? This guy definitely needs better PR working for him, because based on that article, it just makes it look like this is an egotistical guy looking to have 11 birthday parties and looking to get more money for himself. It just looks bad.

With a 14.5 million dollar contract this year, a 8 figure nike deal, state farm endorsements, gatorade deals, etc I highly doubt he's penny pinching looking for extra money from 11 celebration dinners.

justinnum1
12-25-2010, 01:17 AM
How does this attempt in business to make money a bad move? How old are you? Do you know how economics works?

Let me break it down for you kid. Lebron throws a party, celebs come, photographers come, it gets published in magazines, articles, newspapers, tv, etc. Let's say a brand like... Nike decides to put money in this $500,000. There logo will be published everywhere in this club for people to see so that when things get published, bam their ad is there.

This is like Lebron putting $1,000,000 in a mutual bond for investment TO MAKE MONEY, but he's doing it in a less risky fashion by using advertisement investments.

If lebron were to open a hotel in vegas to make money, would you haters hate then?

How about a different business deal where he purchases a whole bunch of stock for AAPL then sold it when the stock is high, would you haters call him out then too for making more money?

Some of you noobs are so caught up in the lebron hate that if one of you say something - monkey see monkey do occurs - and everyone starts hollering the same statements. I hate lebron on the court, but some of you need to grow up.
:clap::clap:

godolphins
12-25-2010, 01:17 AM
Bro I understand trying to defend your team and your players... but this guy really has no ground to stand on. He just continues to make an *** out of himself.
He has no ground to stand on?What?
The man can't even celebrate his birthday and make a profit from it without someone bashing him.

justinnum1
12-25-2010, 01:18 AM
How sad that our bar has dropped so low that now someone is considered a good guy because he "has never been involved with the law or done something illegal."

It's sad that people on this site are letting their hate for someone cloud judgement.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-25-2010, 01:19 AM
The price is outrages. But if he wants to live his life that way, let him do what he want.

Leave the man alone. It's not like he went to your house to show off his money. You don't have to pay attention to the **** he does. And don't even say it's his fault we have to pay attention because it's the media giving him the attention. If you wanna blame someone, blame the media for pushing Lebron down our throats, not Lebron.

fanofclendennon
12-25-2010, 01:19 AM

Would you not agree that so far, press coverage of the idea that Lebron is seeking spopnsorship for his birthday party has not been portrayed well in the press?

And would you not agree that how one is portrayed in the press has a lot to do with shaping one's image?

And would you not further agree that how one's image is shaped ultimately affects his endorsement deals?

fanofclendennon
12-25-2010, 01:20 AM
It's sad that people on this site are letting their hate for someone cloud judgement.

It's pathetic that butt-kissers refuse to acknowledge a bad idea when they see it.

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 01:21 AM
yeah, I know how economics works, I took micro and macro economics. This is capitalism at its finest, lebron is a hot commodity and he wants to sell himself as a product, companies want to advertise at his birthday party, great. Like I said earlier, I can see how that would help some middle class people but I don't think it's the most ideal way of helping people if that really even is his intention.

apart from that, it looks bad from a PR point of view and I agree with whoever said that it hurts his image.

C-ross12
12-25-2010, 01:21 AM

Listen.. you'll be fine if you want to angle your defense of LeBron on the notion of "What does it matter to you" or "Its his money, his birthday". But when you cross over into "Hes doing everyone a favor with his birthday party" business.... No one buys it. Its foolishness. You cant spin it to someone who can rub two brain cells together.

What LeBron is doing is distancing himself even more from the regular person. Yes, he may not have gone to jail, but he certainly lacks maturity. I admit I haven't seen him this year, but when he was with the Cav's I could have sworn I was watching "So you think you can dance?" instead of a basketball game. Look, LeBrons not terrible, but I'm not going to sit here and debate if its fine what LeBron does with these stupid PR stunts and attention grabbers. You say its cool, I say its idiotic. Agree to disagree I guess. Just scroll through the thread; Im willing to bet the majority of posters think its absurd.

justinnum1
12-25-2010, 01:22 AM
Would you not agree that so far, press coverage of the idea that Lebron is seeking spopnsorship for his birthday party has not been portrayed well in the press?

And would you not agree that how one is portrayed in the press has a lot to do with shaping one's image?

And would you not further agree that how one's image is shaped ultimately affects his endorsement deals?

Disagree. Although i can see how someone who hates on lebron, can use the birthday thing as some ammo.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-25-2010, 01:23 AM
apart from that, it looks bad from a PR point of view and I agree with whoever said that it hurts his image.

People always complain that he tries to put on an image too much. Now he's hurting his image and yet you people still complain

godolphins
12-25-2010, 01:23 AM
It's pathetic that butt-kissers refuse to acknowldege a bad idea when they see it.
Can you explain how this is a bad idea when people are basically paying him while he is celebrating his birthday.

justinnum1
12-25-2010, 01:24 AM
Listen.. you'll be fine if you want to angle your defense of LeBron on the notion of "What does it matter to you" or "Its his money, his birthday". But when you cross over into "Hes doing everyone a favor with his birthday party" business.... No one buys it. Its foolishness. You cant spin it to someone who can rub two brain cells together.

What LeBron is doing is distancing himself even more from the regular person. Yes, he may not have gone to jail, but he certainly lacks maturity. I admit I haven't seen him this year, but when he was with the Cav's I could have sworn I was watching "So you think you can dance?" instead of a basketball game. Look, LeBrons not terrible, but I'm not going to sit here and debate if its fine what LeBron does with these stupid PR stunts and attention grabbers. You say its cool, I say its idiotic. Agree to disagree I guess. Just scroll through the thread; Im willing to bet the majority of posters think its absurd.

Sounds good, but the majority of posers are haters...
happy holidays.

Storch
12-25-2010, 01:24 AM

Regardless of what image he has, the press is attracted to him. These are questions sponsors would ask themselves in purchasing the sponsorship for advertisement.

None of what you said have any premise in this argument. Point of the matter is, is that Lebron gets publicity and that's that.

Business is business. And haters are going to hate.

If anyone can argue my post earlier then please by all means try. I commend you for your efforts but any argument against my premise would be shot down easily.

C-ross12
12-25-2010, 01:25 AM
happy holidays.

I hate the refrence "haters". I hate that soo much.

You too.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-25-2010, 01:25 AM
It's pathetic that butt-kissers refuse to acknowledge a bad idea when they see it.
Are you kidding me? How is this a bad idea? This is a genuis move.

He makes money to celebrate his birthday. How is that idea dumb?

lvlheaded
12-25-2010, 01:27 AM
He is the definition of a narcissist

Storch
happy holidays.

The majority of the posters are just using this as a tool to hate on lebron. None have any knowledge of business, or even old enough to take a class of economics in college. :pity:

fanofclendennon
Can you explain how this is a bad idea when people are basically paying him while he is celebrating his birthday.

Sure, they're paying him now.

But he had an opportunity to do so much more with his image. When you combine this with the fiasco of his draft-day TV show, he has gone from the small town kid who was the greatest basketball player on Earth to the greatest basketball player on Earth who has all the money in the world but is so greedy he won't even pay for his own party.

Look, Lebron is in a position that he can find sponsors right now to do anything. But decisions at best won't help his image and at worst could hurt it.

Storch

bingo is his namo.

Stuckey#3
12-25-2010, 01:28 AM
He has no ground to stand on?What?
The man can't even celebrate his birthday and make a profit from it without someone bashing him.

Anyone who charges people to hang out with them is a tool... anyone who pays to hang out with someone is a bigger tool.

It's like using the rich kid in high school who has all the cool stuff so you can play with it. This guy is such an immature ****. I really think a year of college would have benefited Bron.

fanofclendennon
12-25-2010, 01:28 AM

For the nineteenth time, it's called penny wise and pound foolish.

Storch
12-25-2010, 01:29 AM
Sure, they're paying him now.

But he had an opportunity to do so much more with his image. When you combine this with the fiasco of his draft-day TV show, he has gone from the small town kid who was the greatest basketball player on Earth to the greatest basketball player on Earth who has all the money in the world but is so greedy he won't even pay for his own party.

Look, Lebron is in a position that he can find sponsors right now to do anything. But decisions at best won't help his image and at worst could hurt it.

Millions of dollars > a stupid public image

Some of you are so sensitive and emotional. You seriously would care more about your image than millions of dollars?! :laugh:

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 01:29 AM
:shock:

Because its selfish, because considering the economic times and the fact that he's already a millionaire, it looks completely egotistical and out of touch, how do you not understand that?

If I was him I'd fire his PR team because they're not doing a good job, The idea of a co-beneficial relationship between Lebron and these un-named sponsors is much more beneficial to his image but based on this article, thats not the angle or image that is being stressed. Whats being stressed is that here is this young millionaire and he's asking people to pay to attend his extravagant celebration of his birthday. It makes it sound like he's just flossing and it's all about him.

Justinuum could be absolutely right, this could be all about business and capitalism and beneficial relationships and all that, but thats not the message that is being conveyed here.

Storch
12-25-2010, 01:30 AM
Anyone who charges people to hang out with them is a tool... anyone who pays to hang out with someone is a bigger tool.

It's like using the rich kid in high school who has all the cool stuff so you can play with it. This guy is such an immature ****. I really think a year of college would have benefited Bron.

Who's charging anyone to hang out with him? He's charging companies to sponsor his party and in return they will have their ads posted everywhere. :facepalm:

Storch
12-25-2010, 01:32 AM
Because its selfish, because considering the economic times and the fact that he's already a millionaire, it looks completely egotistical and out of touch, how do you not understand that?

If I was him I'd fire his PR team because they're not doing a good job, The idea of a co-beneficial relationship between Lebron and these un-named sponsors is much more beneficial to his image but based on this article, thats not the angle or image that is being stressed. Whats being stressed is that here is this young millionaire and he's asking people to pay to attend his extravagant celebration of his birthday. It makes it sound like he's just flossing and it's all about him.

Justinuum could be absolutely right, this could be all about business and capitalism and beneficial relationships and all that, but thats not the message that is being conveyed here.

You just destroyed your own argument by answering your own question with the bolded statement. It's business. Get over it.

Storch
12-25-2010, 01:33 AM
some of you think that lebron is throwing a party and charging ppl 500,000 just to get in and party with him. please get your facts straight because some of what you people are saying are just ridiculous!

fanofclendennon

Some of you are so sensitive and emotional. You seriously would care more about your image than millions of dollars?! :laugh:

LOL!!!!!!

His image would enable to make him hundreds of millions of dollars more than his basketball ability ever could.

To be clear, as long as he's a great basketball player, the millions will be there. But if you look at the Tiger Woods model, the greatest golfer of all time made more from endorsements than he had on the links.

Again to be clear. Lebron hasn't come close to damaging his image like Tiger did. But at the same time, he's not doing himself any favors either.

RZZZA
er, my argument is that his PR team is bad for not getting that message out there, how did I destroy my own argument? They failed to do their job, they failed to make him look good.

Hustlenomics

lmao

Mrphilly
just because it happened in Entourage doesnt mean a lot of famous people do it....

and like you know how celebs pay for parties

If you ever left your house you would know that Entourage got that from real life situation. Lebron is not copying Entourage:facepalm:

Do you know anything about Marketing???? Probably not, because all you do is watch Entourage and hang on PSD.

So many people are looking to make money off Lebron. If you had a product, why wouldnt you put your product in his party? All Celebrities get their expensive parties sponsored.

If you dont, everything you eat, drink or wear at this party is free publicity

godolphins
12-25-2010, 01:34 AM
Sure, they're paying him now. But he had an opportunity to do so much more with his image. When you combine this with the fiasco of his draft-day TV show, he has gone from the small town kid who was the greatest basketball player on Earth to the greatest basketball player on Earth who has all the money in the world but is so greedy he won't even pay for his own party. Look, Lebron is in a position that he can find sponsors right now to do anything. But decisions at best won't help his image and at worst could hurt it.
As long as Lebron don't do the same thing Tiger Woods did his image will be fine, people aren't going to stop buying his shoes, clothes, product just because he had 11 parties for his birthday.

C-ross12
12-25-2010, 01:34 AM
The majority of the posters are just using this as a tool to hate on lebron. None have any knowledge of business, or even old enough to take a class of economics in college. :pity:

Assumptions. You have no idea what credibility certain posters have on here.

justinnum1
12-25-2010, 01:35 AM
some of you think that lebron is throwing a party and charging ppl 500,000 just to get in and party with him. please get your facts straight because some of what you people are saying are just ridiculous!

This, the price of admission will probably be cover at the club($20-100), which is not unreasonable.

Storch
12-25-2010, 01:35 AM
LOL!!!!!!

His image would enable to make him hundreds of millions of dollars more than his basketball ability ever could.

To be clear, as long as he's a great basketball player, the millions will be there. But if you look at the Tiger Woods model, the greatest golfer of all time made more from endorsements than he had on the links.

Again to be clear. Lebron hasn't come close to damaging his image like Tiger did. But at the same time, he's not doing himself any favors either.

Tiger woulds is nothing close to the amount of publicity that Lebron is attracting! Are you kidding me?!

Britney Spears shaved her head, went to rehab, was a known druggy, effed her life like 10x, and yet she gets massive publicity. Her image went to HELL! But is she were to throw a party she can probably get sponsorpships as well. (not a expensive as lebron but its still a handful of money!)

That ends the discussion with you. Next.

Storch
12-25-2010, 01:38 AM
Assumptions. You have no idea what credibility certain posters have on here.

I read the whole thread. More than half of these posters have no clue. I suggest you read as well and let me know what you think if most of these posters have knowledge. It's not an assumption its a statement.

Heres another one: People often judge with subjective premises instead of objective ones.

godolphins
12-25-2010, 01:43 AM
52 people viewing this thread and we are on page 9 about a guy celebrating his birthday

As much as you hate him Lebron is good for business

C-ross12
12-25-2010, 01:44 AM
I read the whole thread. More than half of these posters have no clue. I suggest you read as well and let me know what you think if most of these posters have knowledge. It's not an assumption its a statement.

Heres another one: People often judge with subjective premises instead of objective ones.

Call it laziness, I hate going through a whole thread to read what you have already told me is slop. But it IS still an assumption. Until PSD requires you to have your credentials listed accurately, you or I dont really know. Your probably mostly right so I wont argue it heavily.
I wont argue its a good business move. I will argue hes probably not very business savy though.
I still think this move proves even more how immature he is. I dont even understand why heat fans favor this. I'd rather him focus on basketball. Unless its charitable, because if it is it goes beyong basketball.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-25-2010, 01:44 AM

Why do you care what he does with his life?

Relatively speaking, it does look greedy. But companies will make more than double what they paid for because of this invesment. That means companies are going to be making money. Meaning they can pay employees and not lay off. He'll probably donate a good chunk to charity.

The money isn't to attend the party. It's for people investing to promote their products. You'll probably find people like Nike paying thousands so they can place ads around the party.

RZZZA
12-25-2010, 01:45 AM
what if I was to play devils advocate and say...that Lebron needs to do something to help small businesses, and not these large corporations, which are the only ones likely to be able to afford this type of marketing. What type of companies are likely to be able to afford mass marketing? Large, established ones with a big budget afforded to their marketing department.

I'm very curious to see what type of companies will jump on board with this, to know if it truly benefits the little man.

Htownballa1622
12-25-2010, 01:48 AM

All the hate.he does no wrong yet people like YOU who have no reason to hate continue.keep making him rich.

Storch
12-25-2010, 01:52 AM
Call it laziness, I hate going through a whole thread to read what you have already told me is slop. But it IS still an assumption. Until PSD requires you to have your credentials listed accurately, you or I dont really know. Your probably mostly right so I wont argue it heavily.
I wont argue its a good business move. I will argue hes probably not very business savy though.
I still think this move proves even more how immature he is. I dont even understand why heat fans favor this. I'd rather him focus on basketball. Unless its charitable, because if it is it goes beyong basketball.

Good Post.

The "assumption" I made earlier may be a little out of line, but it still holds its own weight against the posters that it is credited towards.

He's rich enough to hire someone to handle his investing opportunities/ideas, I would not be surprised.

As for immaturity, I wouldn't call it immaturity. It would be immature to go to this party and get so drunk that he starts fights with attendees. But it is not immature to throw a party/publicity stunt to gain money in a business proposition.

Lebron is not a priest, not everything he does has to be charitable simply because he has a lot of money. People need to see past this stereotypical "assumption" that they have to be charitable.

Lakerfan8032
12-25-2010, 01:54 AM
Damn, he is ridiculous. How much does his ego need to be fed? Ego-maniac is definitely a proper way to describe him. I've never heard of someone taking an 11-stop birthday tour. What's wrong with a nice big birthday bash with family and friends? A spectacle doesn't need to be made of it but we all know that is how LeBron rolls. He's such a gifted athlete and it's to bad he is doing this to himself but whatever. If some spoiled rich kid wants to blow half a million to party with LeBron then more power to him.

C-ross12
12-25-2010, 01:59 AM
Good Post.

The "assumption" I made earlier may be a little out of line, but it still holds its own weight against the posters that it is credited towards.

He's rich enough to hire someone to handle his investing opportunities/ideas, I would not be surprised.

As for immaturity, I wouldn't call it immaturity. It would be immature to go to this party and get so drunk that he starts fights with attendees. But it is not immature to throw a party/publicity stunt to gain money in a business proposition.

Lebron is not a priest, not everything he does has to be charitable simply because he has a lot of money. People need to see past this stereotypical "assumption" that they have to be charitable.

Totally fair. I'm guilty of this myself.

To be honest, LeBron should just forget about all the offcourt antics, even if it were to make him money. He should just invest. If he were smart he could own a basketball team eventually. If he could set himself up with some good investments.. He'd be all set. He could rebuild his PR and get to his goal of being a billionaire eventually. Not everything has to be "loud" all the time.

knicks4life33
12-25-2010, 02:07 AM
ARE THE DONATIONS OF THE PARTY GOING TO THE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB??????????? SERIOUSLY LEBRON NOW YOU KNOW WHY PEOPLE HATE YOU NOW AND ALL THESE HEAT FANS BACKIN HIM UP ON THESE THREADS LOL LETS GET SERIOUS AND HOP OFF HIS DI*k CAUSE NONE OF YOU LIKED HIS ATTITUDE BEFORE HE CAME HERE AND NOW HE IS A GOD SENT TO HEAVEN LOL AND I FIND IT FUNNY THERE ARE MORE HEAT FANS IN THESE FORUMNS THEN AT THE GAMES LOL

Mrphilly
12-25-2010, 02:10 AM
Damn, he is ridiculous. How much does his ego need to be fed? Ego-maniac is definitely a proper way to describe him. I've never heard of someone taking an 11-stop birthday tour. What's wrong with a nice big birthday bash with family and friends? A spectacle doesn't need to be made of it but we all know that is how LeBron rolls. He's such a gifted athlete and it's to bad he is doing this to himself but whatever. If some spoiled rich kid wants to blow half a million to party with LeBron then more power to him.

I just want to address the highlighted portion of your statement. So you think a 26 yr old Mega star should just party with his Mom, teammates and cousins???? He is not 11, he is a superstar, of course he is Partying in every city.

You dont have to be spoiled rich kid to come to the party. He is charging sponsors, not the party-goers!!!! Lebron is giving businesses and opportunity to make money and celebrate his Bday at the same time.

Im not going face palm you or call you a name, because you thought Lebron was charging $500,000 admission into his party.

On second thought:facepalm: A half of million dollars to come into his party, LOL you people really didnt think that is what that meant.

Mrphilly
12-25-2010, 02:13 AM
ARE THE DONATIONS OF THE PARTY GOING TO THE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB??????????? SERIOUSLY LEBRON NOW YOU KNOW WHY PEOPLE HATE YOU NOW AND ALL THESE HEAT FANS BACKIN HIM UP ON THESE THREADS LOL LETS GET SERIOUS AND HOP OFF HIS DI*k CAUSE NONE OF YOU LIKED HIS ATTITUDE BEFORE HE CAME HERE AND NOW HE IS A GOD SENT TO HEAVEN LOL AND I FIND IT FUNNY THERE ARE MORE HEAT FANS IN THESE FORUMNS THEN AT THE GAMES LOL

Its not a donation, its an investment. I refuse to explain to you the difference between the two.

knicks4life33
12-25-2010, 02:17 AM
What are you his party planner

Raps18-19 Champ
12-25-2010, 02:21 AM
What are you his party planner

No but it clearly says investment in the article.

Storch
12-25-2010, 02:25 AM
No but it clearly says investment in the article.

Seriously! People sometimes, geez. :facepalm:

Crackadalic
12-25-2010, 02:26 AM
So he is making money for having a birthday. whats with all the hate? do what you have to do to get the money and see fit how you want to spend it. Its clearly a good marketing move and despite his image being some what tarnish does not even matter

BlondeBomber41
12-25-2010, 02:27 AM
This guy just finds new, unique ways to make everyone hate him almost daily it seems.

knicks4life33
12-25-2010, 02:28 AM
How about he invests in fixing his reputation

Crackadalic
12-25-2010, 02:32 AM
i still dont get the hate for lebron(though im not the biggest fan of) but a guy like kobe(who im a big fan of) did something immoral and wrong which destroyed his image for years till he won a chip. So although i dont agree with everything lebron does he still shouldnt get all this hate

DenButsu
12-25-2010, 02:33 AM
While the LBJ bashing is definitely getting excessive, he's repeatedly doing himself a disservice by throwing fuel on the fire. Unless, that is, it's intentional, and he feels that any publicity (including negative) is good publicity because it raises his profile and keeps his name in the news. But either way, he keeps going out of his way, intentionally or not, to invite controversy.

His supporters should, perhaps, instead of telling people who don't like him to lay off, tell LeBron (he's on twitter, right?) to take a cue from his teammate and chill out a bit. He's pushing the public's buttons, and it's unreasonable to expect they won't respond.

Demon11
12-25-2010, 02:34 AM
What exactly is so wrong with making more money? When he gets to his 40s his income will go down in a landslide. Might as well bank off his ability as much as he can now.

DenButsu
12-25-2010, 02:35 AM
^That said, PSD doesn't operate by the rules of the general public, and this thread should probably be closed because we all know where it's headed...

Geargo Wallace
12-25-2010, 02:38 AM
This guy just finds new, unique ways to make everyone hate him almost daily it seems.

OR you ppl look for ways to hate him almost daily it seems?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-25-2010, 02:38 AM
While the LBJ bashing is definitely getting excessive, he's repeatedly doing himself a disservice by throwing fuel on the fire. Unless, that is, it's intentional, and he feels that any publicity (including negative) is good publicity because it raises his profile and keeps his name in the news. But either way, he keeps going out of his way, intentionally or not, to invite controversy.

His supporters should, perhaps, instead of telling people who don't like him to lay off, tell LeBron (he's on twitter, right?) to take a cue from his teammate and chill out a bit. He's pushing the public's buttons, and it's unreasonable to expect they won't respond.

Even before all of this 2010 stuff, he still had haters.

Clearly, it does push the publics buttons but that's who he is. He's a party type of guy who likes to be in the spotlight. He was like that 10 years ago, 5 years ago, 2 years ago and he'll probably always be like that. If people want him to act differently, they might as well pay attention to someone else because changing someone is practically making them into another person.

DetroitRipCity
12-25-2010, 02:40 AM
He maybe obsessed with himself, but I dont get that from this article. His obsession himself is his issue, until the people that is obsessed with Lebron starts reporting it.

Lebron didnt write this article, he is just planning his parties.

I think your issue is with the people that are obsessed with Lebron.

Did we read the same article?

James is participating in an 11-stop dinner party tour, set to run until April

Who the **** has 11 birthday parties spaning a total of 5 months?? Id say thats a little obsessed with ones self

Shahrose
12-25-2010, 02:41 AM

my thoughts exactly

Raps18-19 Champ
12-25-2010, 02:42 AM
Seriously! People sometimes, geez. :facepalm:

The title of the thread needs to be changed too.

The article is about Lebron asking investors for money. Not the general public.

DenButsu
12-25-2010, 02:45 AM
Even before all of this 2010 stuff, he still had haters.

Clearly, it does push the publics buttons but that's who he is. He's a party type of guy who likes to be in the spotlight. He was like that 10 years ago, 5 years ago, 2 years ago and he'll probably always be like that. If people want him to act differently, they might as well pay attention to someone else because changing someone is practically making them into another person.

I think it's less about him changing who he is, and more about appearing to be totally unapologetic and unrepentant about basically trashing an entire city's sports culture in one fell decision. I think after that, people expected him at least to be like, "Woops, maybe I went a bit too far, sorry guys, didn't mean to be dickish about it", etc. But if anything everything he's done since then (or at least the perception of it by most NBA fans) has just seemed to pile on. And it offends most people's sensibilities, when someone who is expected to show a little humility and contrition does the exact opposite.

Fireworld
12-25-2010, 02:49 AM

:nod:

ChiSox219
12-25-2010, 02:52 AM
Anyone remember that Entourage episode?

It's Vince Chase's birthday and his crew, as a gift, throws Vince a party? They stretched their budget and were struggling to pay for the party. Vince offered to pay, his friends refuse.

Turtle gets Victoria's Secret, Sky Vodka, and others to sponsor the party... opposite of classy.

So, Lebron=Turtle?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-25-2010, 02:55 AM
I think it's less about him changing who he is, and more about appearing to be totally unapologetic and unrepentant about basically trashing an entire city's sports culture in one fell decision. I think after that, people expected him at least to be like, "Woops, maybe I went a bit too far, sorry guys, didn't mean to be dickish about it", etc. But if anything everything he's done since then (or at least the perception of it by most NBA fans) has just seemed to pile on. And it offends most people's sensibilities, when someone who is expected to show a little humility and contrition does the exact opposite.

He did say that he would have done it differently though. He just continued on with his life after he said that instead of showing humility. Just because he did something wrong doesn't mean he's going to stop his whole life so you people can get yours. He said it best. He would have changed how everything happened but people need to move on. That's what he did. That's why he's partying because he moved on and went back to how he's always acted. It's the fans that are still not over it.

sargon21
12-25-2010, 03:02 AM

It's Vince Chase's birthday and his crew, as a gift, throws Vince a party? They stretched their budget and were struggling to pay for the party. Vince offered to pay, his friends refuse.

Turtle gets Victoria's Secret, Sky Vodka, and others to sponsor the party... opposite of classy.

So, Lebron=Turtle?

I def. remember that episode, except Vince didn't have 11 ****in parties...

sargon21
12-25-2010, 03:06 AM
godolphins...get a life, the guy is a scumbag, whether you like the way he plays basketball or not...

Sox72
12-25-2010, 03:16 AM
Dear Lord. What a complete douche bag.

thekmp211
12-25-2010, 03:19 AM

dude have you seen space jam?

SchyGuy11
12-25-2010, 03:28 AM
what a piece of **** i really hate this guy

Mrphilly
12-25-2010, 03:28 AM
Did we read the same article?

Who the **** has 11 birthday parties spaning a total of 5 months?? Id say thats a little obsessed with ones self

We read the same article, and I think if people cared enough about me, I would have multiple celebrations.

Lebron is not the only person to have multiple parties in one year. Just because he called it a tour makes him a bad person.

Is a ****ing party. Why the **** is this even a topic.

All these athletes are obsessed with themselves. How many self-proclaimed nicknames does Shaq have? Lebron is no different from any other athlete. They all think they big ****. From the face of the franchise down to the 12th man.

How does Lebron get separated from the rest of them?

I cant believe people are crying in here. "Why is Lebron having so many parties"!!!!!!

icon1914
12-25-2010, 03:51 AM

So, Lebron=Turtle?

No LeBron equals a guy smart enough to know he does not have to spend his own money to have a good time. LeBron is an A-Class celeb... investors have no problem paying the tab on a party if it gets them attention.

I can see how this might seem a little off to many people, but this is far from a new practice. I can not speak for everyone, but if I was popular enough to have corporations fund my B-Day bash I would do it in a heartbeat.

D Roses Bulls
12-25-2010, 04:10 AM
You're LeJealous of LeRichbag

no offense, but are you his girlfriend? or little brother? or something? cause I see a lot of postings in this thread by you not defending how good he is, but what type of person he is. Really? does it really matter that much how people perceive a player on your team character? do you know lebron or something to be acting like you do? it's ok to stick up for how good he is and such, but when you start defending the type of person he is well then that's just kind of sad man.

lakerboy
12-25-2010, 04:17 AM

Good business move? Yes. Very smart man.

Self serving? Egocentric? Yes, and that is why people are hating on him. Making excess money out of promoting yourself is egocentric. I'm not here to judge his life, so I won't say it's wrong--but its egocentric for sho.

In psychology, in the hierarchy of needs, its called "self realization." See money is only a means to an end. Brilliant people when they become rich, they actually come to a point in life where they want to give away money to help the society: see Zuckerburg, Bill Gates, etc.

I know it is unfair just to point at each other here and ask "what are you doing for the society," To each his own. You want to keep making money, do it. It's your life. But with LeBron, he actually promotes himself as a man of the people. (as your king.) He wanted to tell everybody he did the decision for charity. His actions and promotions imply that he is as great as Jordan--and the things he does says otherwise. That is why people judge him.

ChiSox219
12-25-2010, 04:21 AM
No LeBron equals a guy smart enough to know he does not have to spend his own money to have a good time. LeBron is an A-Class celeb... investors have no problem paying the tab on a party if it gets them attention.

I can see how this might seem a little off to many people, but this is far from a new practice. I can not speak for everyone, but if I was popular enough to have corporations fund my B-Day bash I would do it in a heartbeat.

It doesn't take brains to know you can get sponsors to foot the bill for a birthday bash if you are a celeb.

It takes at least one ounce of class not to.

lakerboy
12-25-2010, 04:26 AM
It doesn't take brains to know you can get sponsors to foot the bill for a birthday bash if you are a celeb.

It takes at least one ounce of class not to.

Actually, the A-list of the A-lists, the classiest of the classiest have sponsors to their part---they just don't look for them. Sponsors come to them on their own (the celeb's) terms.

ChiSox219
12-25-2010, 04:33 AM
Actually, the A-list of the A-lists, the classiest of the classiest have sponsors to their part---they just don't look for them. Sponsors come to them on their own (the celeb's) terms.

Going with this, it's just proving my point.

Lebron is soliciting sponsors.

That said, can you show that classy A-Lists have sponsored birthday parties?

Gibby
12-25-2010, 04:45 AM
no offense, but are you his girlfriend? or little brother? or something? cause I see a lot of postings in this thread by you not defending how good he is, but what type of person he is. Really? does it really matter that much how people perceive a player on your team character? do you know lebron or something to be acting like you do? it's ok to stick up for how good he is and such, but when you start defending the type of person he is well then that's just kind of sad man.

so its sad to defend a person's character but its not sad to attack a person's character. He doesnt know lebron personally but so dont other people on here.

Coupon
12-25-2010, 04:58 AM
I got an invite for one of these things.

I saw his name in the Email's subject and just ignored it. Why would anyone want to participate in a self-aggrandizing circle jerk with LeBron and his icky entourage?

I wonder how popular he thinks he really is, in terms of the public truly liking him? He needs to spend a bunch of time on a therapist's couch so he can learn to love himself without needing a constant bombardment of crap like this to boost his sense of self. It comes off as pathetically desperate. This kind of thing has less to do with marketing himself and making money than with him basically being a really hollow person inside.

It's actually sad, but he's a really hard person to feel sorry for.

Storch
12-25-2010, 05:07 AM
Good business move? Yes. Very smart man.

Self serving? Egocentric? Yes, and that is why people are hating on him. Making excess money out of promoting yourself is egocentric. I'm not here to judge his life, so I won't say it's wrong--but its egocentric for sho.

In psychology, in the hierarchy of needs, its called "self realization." See money is only a means to an end. Brilliant people when they become rich, they actually come to a point in life where they want to give away money to help the society: see Zuckerburg, Bill Gates, etc.

I know it is unfair just to point at each other here and ask "what are you doing for the society," To each his own. You want to keep making money, do it. It's your life. But with LeBron, he actually promotes himself as a man of the people. (as your king.) He wanted to tell everybody he did the decision for charity. His actions and promotions imply that he is as great as Jordan--and the things he does says otherwise. That is why people judge him.

He's egocentric because he wants to earn money? You do realize his lifestyle only pays now, that he is in the NBA and not after his career is over. His money will start to hurt after the NBA. In addition, do you realize what egocentric means? What people is he not considering in a business move to allow companies to advertise their products at his party? Isn't he being the opposite of ego-centric in the sense that he thought about those companies, but in the process found a way to make money while helping them and himself? It's not like he's the only high roller in this planet that throws parties (in this case several). He's not insulting anyone or hurting anyone in the process so what's the big deal? You say his in love with himself but yet you have no proof of this negativity. He's taking advantage of his fame at the moment, may it be infamous fame its still fame and it generates attention and media. You're statement fails, and here's a few reasons why:

Manny pacquiao for example, wears jackets, hats, and other pieces of clothing that companies have purchased so that they could advertise it on him while he is training or even right before fights. He is absolutely covered with advertisements. I guarantee that these were not cheap and manny is making a lot of money out of these. How come pacquiao never gets an egocentric accusation from anyone when he is at the same time making millions of dollars for winning the fight and pay per view money? Should he stop himself from making money because he's making too much and he's being egocentric? Lebron is doing the same thing, except it is through a party. Think about that.

Red carpet events in hollywood are filled with advertisements from different companies. Companies pay good money for these ads spread everywhere in their events, hence lebron is doing the same thing.

Kim Kardashian makes a living out of throwing parties through the mere promotion of her presence at numerous clubs in las vegas such as tao, xs, and wet republic. Companies pay good money to have ads everywhere at these events and this girl's claim to fame was a porn video with ray j.

I've listed enough examples through an icon in pacquiao, a classy event in a red carpet, and an individual like kim kardashian. They all share the same motive in making money through advertising and its that people see them and companies want to be seen. Regardless of what their PR is, they make money out of the exposure and whatever reasons you have are just plain hate for lebron. Egocentric is not present in this reality since it is their celebrity personality that is at work in making the money here, and not the person himself.

Your little jab at "King James" as king of the people was quite the exaggeration. I of all people hate this guy in the NBA, but the hating going on in this thread regarding his business to make money off the court is ridiculous. He was never the king of the people. It's nothing more than a nickname highlighting King James of England.

cargobox
12-25-2010, 05:13 AM
LeBron is the most underpaid player in the NBA. However, I still hate him.

platinum1
12-25-2010, 05:26 AM
My problem is not him getting sponsors for the party, My problem is him making it to a ****ing tour. Shouldn't he be worried about winning games instead of going town to town spending other peoples money.

Supa
12-25-2010, 05:55 AM
The "King" can't get enough of money and attention.

How about donating half of the money he takes in for his "birthday parties" tour?

---

C-Style
12-25-2010, 05:56 AM
Lebron is a black gweedo!

dodie53
12-25-2010, 06:24 AM
let him do what he wants

Corey
12-25-2010, 08:24 AM
This entire thread is a mess.

Thanks for those that attempted to stay on topic.