PDA

View Full Version : Is Jordan crazy for considering this ???

smith&wesson
12-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Is Jordan crazy for considering this ?

"Bobcats and Portland have discussed a trade that would send beloved small forward Gerald Wallace to the Blazers with center DeSagana Diop and point guard D.J. Augustin in exchange for center Marcus Camby and point guard Andre Miller."

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/bobcats-michael-jordan-plots-next-move-in-wake-of-coaching-change-447426.html

I think he is nuts if you ask me. Getting rid of G Wallace and getting no star in return or picks ?? and adding DJ augustin and diop in exchange for Camby and Andre Miller :confused: its robbery imo. why portland wouldnt jump all over that deal is beyond me.

SteBO
12-24-2010, 07:25 PM
I kinda agree. Andre Miller ain't that good and you're getting rid of an all-star and getting an old, slow center, though i want him on my team. Portland should tale it, but i don't know if they will.

Niro
12-24-2010, 07:30 PM
wtf

edit: is jordan smoking pot?

The_Mac22
12-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Crazy? More like stupid/dumb/etc

OnslaughtXX6
12-24-2010, 07:41 PM
lol

godolphins
12-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Wow :laugh2:

netsgiantsyanks
12-24-2010, 07:47 PM
:pity:

smith&wesson
12-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Marcus Camby
PPG 6.4
RPG 10.80
APG 1.8

Andre Miller
PPG 13.0
RPG 3.7
APG 7.3

for

Gerald Wallace
PPG 16.7
RPG 8.10
APG 2.5

Dj Augustin

PPG 12.6
RPG 3.30
APG 6.0

plus jordan wants to throw diop in there too.

like whats he thinking honestly ? dj augustine averaging 12.6 points and 6 assits and he is super young for an old andrea miller who is pretty much averaging the same thing ? a little better, but the age comparison is just nuts.

and then Gwallace almost 17 points a game 8 rebounds 2.5 assits for an old camby who is also old and passed his prime ?

i just dont get the thinking behind that. most 15 year olds on here would laugh at this trade, yet jordan one of the greatest of all time with a very high basket ball iq is considering this ?

thekmp211
12-24-2010, 07:51 PM
if they trade wallace they need to collect youth or assets. andre miller is actually very good, just unheralded. the bobcats need a point guard, thats for sure.

thekmp211
12-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Marcus Camby
PPG 6.4
RPG 10.80
APG 1.8

Andre Miller
PPG 13.0
RPG 3.7
APG 7.3

for

Gerald Wallace
PPG 16.7
RPG 8.10
APG 2.5

Dj Augustin

PPG 12.6
RPG 3.30
APG 6.0

plus jordan wants to throw diop in there too.

like whats he thinking honestly ? dj augustine averaging 12.6 points and 6 assits and he is super young for an old andrea miller who is pretty much averaging the same thing ? a little better, but the age comparison is just nuts.

and then Gwallace almost 17 points a game 8 rebounds 2.5 assits for an old camby who is also old and passed his prime ?

i just dont get the thinking behind that. most 15 year olds on here would laugh at this trade, yet jordan one of the greatest of all time with a very high basket ball iq is considering this ?

augustin might come around but dont get it twisted, miller is a much better player than him.

theimortalone
12-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Wow if the Blazers get G-Force, that is gonna be crazy!!

BkOriginalOne
12-24-2010, 08:00 PM
You can get more for Gerald Wallace than that.
Baron Davis + picks and throw in would be better.

Maybe they could make a deal that nets them Varejao and Gibson/Mo williams?

Jays Claw
12-24-2010, 08:01 PM
I have a hunch that Jordan wants in on the #1 pick. I would too try and dismantle my team of bad contracts and aging players to get in on the lottery. However, I wouldn't trade away my future (who in this case is G-Wallace).

The_Mac22
12-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Warriors need to scoop up Gerald Wallace.

OBredskin
12-24-2010, 08:09 PM
I have a hunch that Jordan wants in on the #1 pick. I would too try and dismantle my team of bad contracts and aging players to get in on the lottery. However, I wouldn't trade away my future (who in this case is G-Wallace).

He also realizes that only way to be competitive is to have better half-court players. As much as I like Wallace and Austin, they are not really half-court players, and Jordans thinking playoffs against the Celtics....having Camby and Miller on your team improves your chances with a #1 pick and some more roster moves....this is not the end of Jordans moves IMO.

smith&wesson
12-24-2010, 08:10 PM
augustin might come around but dont get it twisted, miller is a much better player than him.

Do you realize that andrea miller is 33 years old ? no doubt RIGHT NOW andre miller is the better player. but by how much and for how long ?

and then the 2nd part to this trade ? g wallace for camby ?? wtf :confused:

smith&wesson
12-24-2010, 08:14 PM
He also realizes that only way to be competitive is to have better half-court players. As much as I like Wallace and Austin, they are not really half-court players, and Jordans thinking playoffs against the Celtics....having Camby and Miller on your team improves your chances with a #1 pick and some more roster moves....this is not the end of Jordans moves IMO.

there better be a first round pick involved in the trade, along with tanking the season to get another high draft pick in order to replace wallace because in this trade your getting next to nothing for your star player.

its robbery.

Chi-Town Sports
12-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Well, to ease it a little bit no way this deal goes without draft picks to Charlotte. Also both the players going to Charlotte in this scenario have one year deals allowing Jordan to build the team the way he wants to from the ground up.

blacknell
12-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Jordan must be hitting that pipe why does he want wallace gone so bad?

Blazers23
12-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Jordan wants these guys gone because Diops contract sucks and the bobcats play no defense and don't listen to authority at all. Why do you guys think Larry Brown walked? He was fed up, and Larry Brown coached AI imagine that. I'm sure brown lost his mind with this young immature group. Jordan knows what he's doing, bring in a mature proven guard in miller who takes care of the ball and a rebound machine in camby that will free up Diaw to score more points instead of focusing on rebounding. Sounds like a good trade to me and I'm a Blazers fan.

Crackadalic
12-24-2010, 08:25 PM
This is something isiah thomas would do

smith&wesson
12-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Jordan wants these guys gone because Diops contract sucks and the bobcats play no defense and don't listen to authority at all. Why do you guys think Larry Brown walked? He was fed up, and Larry Brown coached AI imagine that. I'm sure brown lost his mind with this young immature group. Jordan knows what he's doing, bring in a mature proven guard in miller who takes care of the ball and a rebound machine in camby that will free up Diaw to score more points instead of focusing on rebounding. Sounds like a good trade to me and I'm a Blazers fan.

correction, it sounds like a good deal to you BECAUSE your a portland fan.

charlottes would get raped in this deal,while portland would get better.

and also did i just read you say jordan would get camby to rebound so Diaw can focus on SCORING ? are you seriously over hyping Diaw because he shouldnt even be the 4th scoring option on the floor for any good team.

thawv
12-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Who gives a ****? It's all fixed anyway.

smith&wesson
12-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Who gives a ****? It's all fixed anyway.

if it was fixed, wouldnt jordans team be favoured ? im just sayin.

Supa
12-24-2010, 08:55 PM
MJ is the greatest player, but for running front office, spectacular in the other direction.

Now that he is the owner, he should hire real talents to manage the team for him.

---

smith&wesson
12-24-2010, 09:01 PM
MJ is the greatest player, but for running front office, spectacular in the other direction.

Now that he is the owner, he should hire real talents to manage the team for him.

---

agreed, MJ needs to hire a GM and now a coach too.

OaklandsFinest
12-24-2010, 09:07 PM
I would try and switch out Wallace with Jackson and try and get a first rounder out the deal... Maybe he's tryna make room for Harrison Barnes, I dunno.

drew_ellis_23
12-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Is Jordan crazy for considering this ?

"Bobcats and Portland have discussed a trade that would send beloved small forward Gerald Wallace to the Blazers with center DeSagana Diop and point guard D.J. Augustin in exchange for center Marcus Camby and point guard Andre Miller."

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/bobcats-michael-jordan-plots-next-move-in-wake-of-coaching-change-447426.html

I think he is nuts if you ask me. Getting rid of G Wallace and getting no star in return or picks ?? and adding DJ augustin and diop in exchange for Camby and Andre Miller :confused: its robbery imo. why portland wouldnt jump all over that deal is beyond me.

Both guys have team options for next season so Miller and Camby would be off the books. Big money and a 1st rounder would be going to the Bobcats as well. If you want to rebuild that is a solid deal. Diops contract is ugly, Augustin hasn't been very consistent, and well Wallace is pretty much the only good thing we are getting. It is a win win. I would think twice on doing just because the Blazers cant afford to deal Camby.

drew_ellis_23
12-24-2010, 09:23 PM
there better be a first round pick involved in the trade, along with tanking the season to get another high draft pick in order to replace wallace because in this trade your getting next to nothing for your star player.

its robbery.

There is a 1st rounder, and we are taking on Dips **** contract. You get two guys that are solid veterans and will be good to keep around even after this season to teach the youth you will have coming in.

masalex1205
12-24-2010, 09:24 PM
First of all, this is just a rumor, its not a done deal and we don't now if its based on any sort of reality or was just made up in Hollinger's basement.

I don't think Gerald is the future, he's the right now given his athletic ability and the fact that his skillset doesn't age well. I think we need to move him but not for this package.

Not sure who "Austin" but how is Augustin not a half-court player? If anything, he is a half court player given his small stature coupled w/ his average atheletic ability, and his three point shot.

---

I agree, MJ needs to act like an owner and get out of the FO; owners running teams doesn't work out 99% of the time

drew_ellis_23
12-24-2010, 09:25 PM
I would try and switch out Wallace with Jackson and try and get a first rounder out the deal... Maybe he's tryna make room for Harrison Barnes, I dunno.

I wouldnt mind Jackson but I would want to keep Camby then and give up Pryzibilla. Wallace has better size and from what I am seeing I think we are going to shift Aldridge to C and start Wallace at PF. Run Augustin, Roy, Matthews, Wallace and Aldridge, with Batumn, and Rudy on the bench.

Silent
12-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Anyone now if Jordan gonna be selling the cats and buying the Blazers? if not Jordan has to be the smokeing the ganja

DwayneMVPwade
12-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Advice to Jordan: Stick to playing basketball

TO Rapz
12-24-2010, 09:42 PM
:facepalm:

smith&wesson
12-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Both guys have team options for next season so Miller and Camby would be off the books. Big money and a 1st rounder would be going to the Bobcats as well. If you want to rebuild that is a solid deal. Diops contract is ugly, Augustin hasn't been very consistent, and well Wallace is pretty much the only good thing we are getting. It is a win win. I would think twice on doing just because the Blazers cant afford to deal Camby.

so you think its worth dealing your star away for two expiring contracts ? and theyre better be a first rounder involved.

and whos to say that the cap releif will net the bobcats a big name player or star ?

he can get better value for a star player like wallace and a young player full of potential in austine,

plus if your trying to get younger and rebuild, shouldnt it be steve jax and wallace to be traded in seperate deals with fillers like diaw to try and net two first rounders in return ?

SA5195
12-24-2010, 09:49 PM
wtf? yea he's one crazy mofo lol

Tha Truth
12-24-2010, 09:51 PM
I think it might be Jordan's way of giving up on the season just like Larry Brown gave up on the team.

tdunk21
12-24-2010, 09:54 PM
MJ is the GOAT, but sucks managing a team

Blazers23
12-24-2010, 10:00 PM
Who says Jordan doesn't turn around and ship both Camby and Miller to a contending team? For a first rounder and more? I think you guys are bashing on Jordan too much. Think of it like the NETS they are making trades and putting a package together to get Anthony, maybe jordan is trying the same thing and piecing attractive contracts together for a blockbuster deal. I mean it could happen right?

toovey107
12-24-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm gonna laugh when the pick the Bobcats sent the Bulls for Tyrus Thomas becomes a top 5 pick in a few years. (if we don't trade it away to upgrade at SG this year)

JLynn943
12-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Is he trying to tank the season to steal the number 1 pick?

gaughan333
12-24-2010, 11:46 PM
I'm gonna laugh when the pick the Bobcats sent the Bulls for Tyrus Thomas becomes a top 5 pick in a few years. (if we don't trade it away to upgrade at SG this year)

If it isn't the #1 pick, we'll probably screw it up anyway, haha.

AIRMAR72
12-25-2010, 02:57 PM
the things that camby and miller do that help there teams win games will never show up on the stats sheet thats what money(jordan) looking at.. he's looking for substance not style