PDA

View Full Version : To those players who dont think they should play on Xmas

ClipperfanKevin
12-23-2010, 11:58 PM
You knew that NBA players frequently play on XMas day before you entered the draft or signed your multi-million dollar contracts. If you don't like it, feel free to retire and give theowners their money back and get a real job.

JermanJaysFan
12-24-2010, 12:24 AM
Just because they were aware of the reality doesn't mean that they aren't allowed to try to change it.

braveniler58
12-24-2010, 12:25 AM
Don't be stupid. NBA players shouldn't play on Christmas, just as every other worker in the country -- Christmas is a day where you come with your family and enjoy the time together. Yeah, I know some people don't have families -- those people have friends, though. Or, they can just enjoy a day off.

NBA players are people too, they have families, they have kids, etc.

Gators123
12-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Kobe said he loves playing on Christmas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1XEtzdcfBE

And I find it hard to feel bad for people that get paid millions of dollars to play basketball.

abe_froman
12-24-2010, 12:28 AM
feel free to retire and give theowners their money back
yes because isnt that what xmas is all about.giving back to those many time richer and more fortunate than they are

MTar786
12-24-2010, 12:30 AM
You knew that NBA players frequently play on XMas day before you entered the draft or signed your multi-million dollar contracts. If you don't like it, feel free to retire and give theowners their money back and get a real job.

well said

D Roses Bulls
12-24-2010, 12:32 AM
yes because isnt that what xmas is all about.giving back to those many time richer and more fortunate than they are

exactly, if someone wants to pay me 10 million to play a game , I'll play on every christmas for the rest of my life or till I can't walk anymore.

D Roses Bulls
12-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Don't be stupid. NBA players shouldn't play on Christmas, just as every other worker in the country -- Christmas is a day where you come with your family and enjoy the time together. Yeah, I know some people don't have families -- those people have friends, though. Or, they can just enjoy a day off.

ok and then pay them like normal americans and they can have the day off then. please....... you get paid millions to play a game and if your *****ing about playing on christmas then you have problems.

hgtiger32
12-24-2010, 12:40 AM

:facepalm: please tell me you're kidding? that has to be the worst argument as to why they should play on xmas. if anything say something about tradition, the money it brings in, good matchups, etc....

I think NBA players have a valid point. but then again there are NFL and NBA games on Thanksgiving soooo yah. But I enjoy watching NBA games on XMAS. Especially the Celtics.

The GEEEEE Men
12-24-2010, 12:42 AM

Because EVERYONE has off Christmas day :rolleyes: My cousin is a police officer and he works on christmas and he gets paid A LOT less than an NBA player. A lot of people work on christmas and don't get paid a lot to do so, so please save me that corny excuse

abe_froman
12-24-2010, 12:43 AM
exactly, if someone wants to pay me 10 million to play a game , I'll play on every christmas for the rest of my life or till I can't walk anymore.

that wasnt my point.

my point was that he is *****ing about millionaires,yet has all this sympathy for billionaires(how they should get their money back)

these guys have families just like you and me,that does stop after you make x amount of dollars.so yeah i can see why they'd rather spend time at home,watching their kids unwrap parents like the rest of us.

D Roses Bulls
12-24-2010, 12:47 AM
that wasnt my point.

my point was that he is *****ing about millionaires,yet has all this sympathy for billionaires(how they should get their money back)

oh ok

The GEEEEE Men
12-24-2010, 12:55 AM
these guys have families just like you and me,that does stop after you make x amount of dollars.so yeah i can see why they'd rather spend time at home,watching their kids unwrap parents like the rest of us.

or he can DO HIS JOB!! A LOT of people work on christmas day, and get paid a lot less to do so. I have no sympathy for someone making millions of dollars who doesn't wanna do their job

F*(&"Next Year"
12-24-2010, 12:57 AM
I'd like them to move the christmas day games to christmas eve. Im always spending time with my family on christmas day and miss the excellent matchups.

But I only want a change so they can suit my schedule hahaha. greedy me!

Chronz
12-24-2010, 01:04 AM
They get paid like they do because us normal folk need something to entertain us during our break time. If they had a 9-5 Id agree with them but as it stands they get paid millions to play a game all due to hitting the genetic lottery. Its their duty to play, its whats allowed them to live the life

krazylegz
12-24-2010, 01:09 AM
lebron should go overseas and whine to the troops about playing on christmas...see if he gets any sympathy

stawka
12-24-2010, 01:23 AM
If I have to work on Christmas for $40 an hour, these rich ****ers should STFU and earn their $200,000 for the day

acehole
12-24-2010, 01:26 AM
lebron should go overseas and whine to the troops about playing on christmas...see if he gets any sympathy

this.

/end thread

Russollini
12-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Play for a losing team where winning does not matter and you will never have to worry about it. Bron Bron can always go play for the Sactown or Minny lol

kmo429
12-24-2010, 01:28 AM
No one should play on Christmas in any sport really. It's the happiest day of the year and should be spent with family :D

knicks_champ
12-24-2010, 01:28 AM
I don't really bad for the Players.. I feel worse for the employees of the team, stadium and TV station who have to work on Christmas.

heatking
12-24-2010, 01:42 AM
Lebron, and Wade better get used to it because their gonna be playing on Christmas for a long long time.

DodgerBulls
12-24-2010, 01:42 AM
LMAO at every single one who complains about players making millions so they no authority to not play on Christmas day. Ever think about how they got there? We live in a society where functionalism is present. Are you mad that they get more money than you? The questions is, do you train your whole life, go to gym mostly everyday, people critizes your every move, and especially taking risks.. sink or swim basically. Why does money have to play a role on occasions? People really have to think deeply rather than speaking on what they see in front of them.

DodgerBulls
12-24-2010, 01:44 AM
I don't really bad for the Players.. I feel worse for the employees of the team, stadium and TV station who have to work on Christmas.

Well majority of people don't see that. It's really pathetic.

yshNYK
12-24-2010, 01:57 AM
They make MILLIONS of dollars playing ball..In the off season EVERYDAY IS CHRISTMAS for them

yshNYK
12-24-2010, 01:58 AM

this is true

lakerboy
12-24-2010, 02:01 AM
Billionaires and millionaires are human too man. They get paid for what they are actually worth, and regardless of how much you earn, people just generally dont like playing on Christmas.

THINKBLUE15
12-24-2010, 02:02 AM
Christmas is 24 Hours. The game is 3. Obviously there is pre-post responsibilities, etc, but you get the point. I have no sympathy whatsoever.

Nate David+ Co.
12-24-2010, 02:18 AM

:facepalm:

since when was wanting to be home on a holiday a bad thing?
because they make millions of dollars? so doesnt that mean they don't like their families anymore.
NOO

im sure the troops overseas wouldn't give alot of sympathy to you many people. like people arguing about cell phones bills etc.
this has to be the most ******** arguement i've seen in a while.
really using the troops as a reason...wow

oh and people saying well my uncle works on xmas day, so what?
you think he wants to work on xmas day? i doubt it
the money arguement is like someone who works at mcdonalds tells someone who works at a bank " stop *****-ing, i have to work on xmas too and i only get paid 7.99 an hour, i wish i got 40$ an hour"

Sasuke11
12-24-2010, 02:27 AM

because they make millions of dollars? so doesnt that mean they don't like their families anymore.
NOO

im sure the troops overseas wouldn't give alot of sympathy to you many people. like people arguing about cell phones bills etc.

the money arguement is like someone who works at mcdonalds tells someone who works at a bank " stop *****-ing, i have to work on xmas too and i only get paid 7.99 an hour, i wish i got 40$ an hour"

:facepalm: He was making a point, and I'll make another....not everyone celebrates Christmas.

BALLER R
12-24-2010, 02:35 AM
i hear that they have a point but at the same time come one your getting paid millions everyday is christmas

yshNYK
12-24-2010, 02:39 AM
idk if this is relevent or not but no games are scheduled on christmas eve...sooooo would that count as a day off for xmas? a lot of people celebrate on xmas eve anyways

NYKalltheway
12-24-2010, 02:40 AM
Christmas is not a day for sports... Shame on the "fans" that want games to be played on Christmas day because their families are not as interesting as they'd want them to be :rolleyes:

BeantownBill
12-24-2010, 02:54 AM

Hey genius, news flash .. LOTS of people work Christmas day. They don't get to spend it with their families until they're through with work. Getting paid millions of dollars to dunk a basketball should not and does not make you exempt.

Don't be stupid? Try following your own advice.

Nate David+ Co.
:facepalm: He was making a point, and I'll make another....not everyone celebrates Christmas.

touche man
touche

Time2Dieeee
i would think its an honor to play in xmas day in a national televised event...but thats just me lol

Nate David+ Co.
12-24-2010, 02:58 AM
ok,
i think people need to see the difference. i'm saying i see lebron's piont. everyone is allowed to ***** about having to play on xmas and i can see why he doens't want too.
i'm NOT saying they shouldn't. its job like every other job, and i must say i enjoy the xmas match ups

BeantownBill
12-24-2010, 03:07 AM

NOO

He probably doesn't want to work on Christmas day, but he does it and he doesn't whine to the media about having to do it. Just like the NBA players will do when they suit up on Saturday. They're going to do it whether they want to or not.

That 2nd bold part .. what the **** are you trying to say here? That people who work in a bank make 40 dollars an hour? Don't you think you should at least know how to spell the word argument before attempting to make one?

********? You appear to have firsthand knowledge. Our brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, Moms and Dads overseas are actually a very compelling argument and it does apply here. If LeDouche doesn't want to play on Christmas day, let him enlist and go to Iraq. Or join the force and put in an 11-7 shift while his family is home enjoying the day. People all across America from every walk of life do it every year, and they don't get paid millions of dollars to play a ****ing game. Thankfully, I think most NBA players realize how fortunate they are and do what they do knowing there are many, many people out there with a lot less to be thankful for.

BlondeBomber41
12-24-2010, 03:40 AM
Lots of people work on Christmas day. It doesn't mean they like it, but they do it because it's their job. The difference is, they don't get paid $17 million dollars a year to do so. They are lucky to get $17 dollars an hour.... so any professional athlete whining about this can just shut the hell up.

To the person who said "I feel worse for the employees of the team, stadium and TV station who have to work on Christmas." I say this.... you do realize that if they work on the 25th they most likely have the 24th and the 26th off right? Lots of families all over the country because of work or travel schedules do their Christmas celebrations on a day other than Christmas. Plus, what you're forgetting is since they are working on Christmas, they are probably getting a sweet Christmas bonus and alot of families NEED that extra money and are happy to be working on Christmas day.

Another point I would like to make is this.... we have another thread going talking about how Lebron wants to contract the league and make every team good. Well Lebron, this is what happens when you and your buddies get together and decide to make a Super Team.... everyone wants to see you! So blame yourself for having to play on Christmas. If you would of stuck around in Cleveland it may not be this way.

I am currently in Afghanistan. Know what I'll be doing on Christmas Lebron? I'll be driving around Afghanistan looking for roadside bombs and waiting to get shot at or blown up.

Last year for Christmas I worked a 24 hour shift on a ambulance back home from 6 am Christmas morning to 6 am the day after Christmas.... I didn't spend any time with my family.

So to the people who have actually dealt with this kind of thing themselves, your whining falls on deaf ears. Send me a million dollars and maybe I'll give a damn.

Sadds The Gr8
12-24-2010, 03:51 AM
For most players I see why they wouldn't wanna play on X-mas, since it's like the most popular holiday, and so much people celebrate it. But on the other hand, not everyone is christian, so why should their "main holiday" get special treatment and allow players not to play on that day.

i don't really know how I feel. I'm on both sides.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-24-2010, 04:12 AM
Do you people not have any family or friends to spend time and catch up with and instead watch a basketball game?

I know that these guys do get paid millions but I do agree that they shouldn't play on Christmas only because it forces hundreds of other people to work that day. Security, drivers, people to set up, food stands, ticket stands, janitors, camera men, and a lot of other people just so you people can watch a game.

KobeOwnSU
12-24-2010, 04:34 AM
Cry me a ****in river...LeBron gets hated more and more everytime he opens his mouth...At this rate he will be on Kobes level by christmas.

Xsatyr
12-24-2010, 05:24 AM
Do you people not have any family or friends to spend time and catch up with and instead watch a basketball game? I know that these guys do get paid millions but I do agree that they shouldn't play on Christmas only because it forces hundreds of other people to work that day. Security, drivers, people to set up, food stands, ticket stands, janitors, camera men, and a lot of other people just so you people can watch a game.

I love watching sports with my dad, bro and cousins. It is not often we are all in the same city to enjoy a hobby together. Also the games are not that long, plenty of time to converse afterwards.

dc5jdm
12-24-2010, 05:42 AM
Their not only basketball players, they are entertainers and it just happens that their show is scheduled on x-mas. If your boss says u work at 3 on x-mas day are u gonna go to work?? its their job everyone has a job schedule. doesnt matter if ur paid $8 or milllions just shut up and go to work.

Confusious
12-24-2010, 06:50 AM

Three hours out of their day is asking too much now?

**** that.

gilly
12-24-2010, 02:37 PM
The fact they get paid millions is kind of irrelevant. It shouldn't be a case of 'Christmas is a day to be with your family, unless you earn 10million/year'.

venom518
12-24-2010, 02:56 PM
It's funny that some people feel that these players should play on Christmas cause they make so much money. So just because they bust they *** everyday to make it to the NBA to have a better life, they should be penalized for it? I for one do like when there are games on Christmas, but I also see Phil's point. The Lakers have played on Christmas for like the last 10 years, give them a break. One last thing. Bill Gates and Donald Trump make a lot more than these players and so do these team owners. I guarantee they're all home with there families for Christmas.

pats..usmc
12-24-2010, 03:06 PM
who cares if they make millions how much they make should not even be brought up

its the point ppl want to be with there family it could be there kid's first Christmas or maybe someones last Christmas..

i know that there are ppl that won't get to be with there family because of work but this could be changed by the NBA the players are away from the family a lot give them the one day

fingerbang
12-24-2010, 03:32 PM
There's a lot of profit to be made off of a Xmas NBA game. It's good for the sport. Phil, Doc, and Bron all work for the NBA. What's good for the NBA is good for their salaries. Quit *****ing and go play basketball for 2 1/2 hours.

Some people have to work on Xmas. What an unfair ****ing world we live in. These poor guys have to go play a basketball game.

braveniler58
12-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Because EVERYONE has off Christmas day :rolleyes: My cousin is a police officer and he works on christmas and he gets paid A LOT less than an NBA player. A lot of people work on christmas and don't get paid a lot to do so, so please save me that corny excuse

I'm well aware of that. I'm saying, I believe that everyone should have the day off, including police officers.

fingerbang
12-24-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm well aware of that. I'm saying, I believe that everyone should have the day off, including police officers.

How's that gonna work?

ElMarroAfamado
12-24-2010, 05:23 PM
no on works on christmas but it seems for everyone the special night is christmas eve and the countdown leading down to midnight
lebron james is an idiot by the way