PDA

View Full Version : [NBA Trade Rumor] POR/CHA -GWall/Augustin for Miller/Camby

SNYmets86
12-23-2010, 04:00 PM
League sources told FanHouse that the Bobcats and Portland have discussed a trade that would send beloved small forward Gerald Wallace to the Blazers with center DeSagana Diop and point guard D.J. Augustin in exchange for center Marcus Camby and point guard Andre Miller. And while the Blazers are exploring a litany of their own options and don't appear eager to do the deal as of now, the discussion that is one of many being had by the Bobcats reveals plenty about the sort of the on-court changes Jordan has in mind for his club.

another rumor is

Some names bandied about in a deal for Redick have been Indiana’s Jeff Foster or Portland’s Joel Pryzbilla or Charlotte’s Nazr Mohammed or DeSagna Diop (yikes). Their salaries align.

Orlando Sentinel

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2010/12/can-magic-afford-to-trade-j-j-redick.html

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/12/23/bobcats-michael-jordan-plots-next-move-in-wake-of-coaching-chan/

ManRam
12-23-2010, 04:04 PM
I wouldn't mind getting Pryzbilla. I love JJ, but we need a big, and we have plenty of wings...

As for the Bobcats...that trade makes no sense. Why get older?? They need to rebuild, this is NOT how you start that process.

Cano4prez
12-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Redick trade would work out well, idk about the Bobcats

ManOnFire
12-23-2010, 04:07 PM
It seems that portland is rumored in pursuing every available player as of late...i guess when their star's future (injury wise) isnt looking so bright, they will seek out all available avenues.That being said, i do like this trade. Bulks up their D at the SF position but def. softens their center anchor if Oden cant make it back.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2010, 04:09 PM
terrible for the bobcats

They don't need old vets, what the hell is their GM thinking:confused:

black1605
12-23-2010, 04:12 PM
I would love to bring JJ to Charlotte!

Weezy
12-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Why would they get rid of Dj Augustine?

Sadds The Gr8
12-23-2010, 04:22 PM
terrible for the Blazers. They don't need Crash since they're already stacked at the wings. And why give up Camby when Oden still injured?

drew_ellis_23
12-23-2010, 04:23 PM
I dont understand that rumor. Blazers get a great deal but makes no sense for the Bobcats. I guess both players are under short contracts so they would have 2 solid vetrans to help them be respectable while rebuilding?

210Don
12-23-2010, 04:23 PM
bad deal fro bobcats this not true. cats wouldnt do it

drew_ellis_23
12-23-2010, 04:27 PM
another rumor is

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2010/12/can-magic-afford-to-trade-j-j-redick.html

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/12/23/bobcats-michael-jordan-plots-next-move-in-wake-of-coaching-chan/

Fact check. Pryzibilla is in the trade offer, not Camby. Now it makes sense. Pryzibilla has a nice expiring contract.

drew_ellis_23
12-23-2010, 04:30 PM
link
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

thedfactor
12-23-2010, 04:42 PM
I also saw Baron Davis to Bobcats for Diop, Augustin, Carroll.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-23-2010, 04:49 PM
**** you Orlando. ****ing had to match JJ's offer sheet we gave him and how they wanna trade him away. What ********.

bigsams50
12-23-2010, 05:17 PM
****ing ******** Cocksucking Mother****ers. Why trade Wallace AND augustin for ****in Miller and Camby. How does that improve us? SMH ****

76erEaglePhils
12-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Stupid trade for the bobcats not that Jordan is a very competent owner anyways.

Nighthawk
12-23-2010, 06:24 PM
those all seem like trades that do nothing for either side. Sillyness

joeboow90
12-23-2010, 06:47 PM
wow that would be a horrible trade for the bobcats. dj augustin is the reason they let felton go and they're gonna trade him for Andre Miller who is an old guy and almost done with his career???? and Gerald Wallace for Marcus Camby another guy who is way past his prime almso done with his career??? it just makes no sense hopefully JOrdan isn't stupid enough to make that trade

blueplanet
12-23-2010, 06:54 PM
WOW!!! wtf is wrong with the bobcats?

wolverine54
12-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the Blazers could get something better from a playoff contender looking for a solid big guy in Camby? I never understood the Andre Miller signing for the Blazers I think they panicked when Turkoglu turned them down which looks to be the best thing that could have happened now.

abe_froman
12-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the Blazers could get something better from a playoff contender looking for a solid big guy in Camby? I never understood the Andre Miller signing for the Blazers I think they panicked when Turkoglu turned them down which looks to be the best thing that could have happened now.

yes,yes you are the only one who thinks that

and well the reason why they signed miller was because they wanted a good pg to play next to roy,and he's been that for them

dob_telescope
12-23-2010, 07:29 PM
For the Bobcats both Miller and Camby (and Pryzbilla) are expiring contracts. So they would would have huge cap space for next season. The reason I really think this trade will not go through is it would leave the blazers with no one at the Center spot.

Just a thought from left field... What if Jordan knows the the Bobcats may be contracted so he is doing Stern a favor and trading players to stable markets? If that is the reason I could see why larry brown is released I couldnt see him going along with that. Just a crazy thought

29$JerZ
12-23-2010, 07:33 PM
MJ destroyed Charlotte if he does this.

You do not trade Augustin or Wallace for old guys. Terrible if this happens.
I feel for Charlotte.

J_M_B
12-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Joel Pryzbilla would be a good fit for Orlando. They have plenty of guards, but lack front court depth, so a swap for JJ and Pryzbilla seems fair. Joel's contract also comes off the books this summer.

I can't say the same about the Charlotte trade.. it makes no sense. Why get older? They're trying to rebuild, but this doesn't help. I'm sure that can get a lot more value for Wallace.

abe_froman
12-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Joel Pryzbilla would be a good fit for Orlando. They have plenty of guards, but lack front court depth, so a swap for JJ and Pryzbilla seems fair. Joel's contract also comes off the books this summer.

I can't say the same about the Charlotte trade.. it makes no sense. Why get older? They're trying to rebuild, but this doesn't help. I'm sure that can get a lot more value for Wallace.

because millers an expiring,freed up capspace can help in rebuilding.camby..hmm well he'd be an upgrade at least

J_M_B
12-23-2010, 07:38 PM
For the Bobcats both Miller and Camby (and Pryzbilla) are expiring contracts. So they would would have huge cap space for next season. The reason I really think this trade will not go through is it would leave the blazers with no one at the Center spot.

Just a thought from left field... What if Jordan knows the the Bobcats may be contracted so he is doing Stern a favor and trading players to stable markets? If that is the reason I could see why larry brown is released I couldnt see him going along with that. Just a crazy thought

The Portland Trail Blazers have signed forward/center Marcus Camby to a two-year contract extension

He signed the extension last April.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2010/4/20/1433030/blazers-marcus-camby-contract

dob_telescope
12-23-2010, 07:43 PM
He signed the extension last April.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2010/4/20/1433030/blazers-marcus-camby-contract

You are right I stand corrected!

Corey
12-23-2010, 07:44 PM
MJ destroyed Charlotte if he does this.

You do not trade Augustin or Wallace for old guys. Terrible if this happens.
I feel for Charlotte.

As if they were a winning team anyways?

Andre Miller has a team option for next season which they can decline, and Pryzbilla is expiring. Wallace and Augustin are on the books for two more years.

If they want to start from scratch, the best way to do it is through the draft or free agency, and you need cap space to do so.

Bruno
12-23-2010, 07:47 PM
I don't quite get this one, for either team.

DwayneMVPwade
12-23-2010, 07:49 PM
I wouldn't mind getting Pryzbilla. I love JJ, but we need a big, and we have plenty of wings...

As for the Bobcats...that trade makes no sense. Why get older?? They need to rebuild, this is NOT how you start that process.

Jordan thinks the Bobcats can still win, just needs a true starting point guard which they will be getting with andre miller

A Nut Da 1
12-23-2010, 07:49 PM
what about a trade with the grizz they get Diaw and Jackson for Thibeet and Mayo?

then workout a trade for a pg and the cats are set

pg

pg
mayo
wallace
thomas
thabeet

KingPosey
12-23-2010, 08:04 PM
i get the Bobcats can free up some cap space with these contracts over the next 2 years, but GW isnt just a lame contract, he is a player with value. He can get 18 and 8 every night from the SF position, and plays great D.

I also think that AMIller is underratd.

A Nut Da 1
12-23-2010, 08:05 PM
i get the Bobcats can free up some cap space with these contracts over the next 2 years, but GW isnt just a lame contract, he is a player with value. He can get 18 and 8 every night from the SF position, and plays great D.

I also think that AMIller is underratd.

i don't think jordan is going to trade wallace i think he is going to try and add part around him

KingPosey
12-23-2010, 08:12 PM
^
Ok that makes more sense. I love GW, wish we could have kept him in Sac, but we didnt have any options at the time really.

Hustla23
12-23-2010, 08:18 PM
hahahahaha MJ is so stupid.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-23-2010, 08:27 PM
thats a steal for Portland.

Agar81
12-23-2010, 08:30 PM
it won't happen...

blastmasta26
12-23-2010, 11:49 PM
Horrible trade.

djeller1139
12-24-2010, 04:17 AM
What a rape by Portland, although then they have no big men since Oden is out...

Confusious
12-24-2010, 06:52 AM
Charlotte would be getting hosed...

PennyMy#1
12-24-2010, 08:22 AM

Oh, no. I would hate to get Foster or Przybilla. Mohammed or Diop. AH ! :mad:

Please ... get us Marcus Camby or Sammy D of the Kings ! :cool:
(I know it's unlikely)

GreatMustachio1
12-24-2010, 08:43 AM

haha yeah, you're looking way too far into things

Tblaze
12-24-2010, 08:44 AM
value wise it's nice for portland esp looking at the future BUT we downgrade on 2 positions quite severly. Camby is a great center and miller is really underrated at the pg. This trade meens bye bye to playoffs for sure...

Also it creates more of a jogjam at the forward spot with batum there... I could see them moving him for a big..

GreatMustachio1
12-24-2010, 08:45 AM
hahahah i would do a Diop for reddick deal in a heartbeat

GreatMustachio1
12-24-2010, 08:49 AM
what about a trade with the grizz they get Diaw and Jackson for Thibeet and Mayo?

then workout a trade for a pg and the cats are set

pg

pg
mayo
wallace
thomas
thabeet

i wouldnt mind this trade, but no way Thabeet would be starting. We would even start Kwame Brown over him. haha But with Silas, and Oakley, and maybe Ewing..(not sure if he joined the coaching stafff or not) They should be able to help Thabeet a lot. I think he has potential. This trade wouldnt happen though

arkanian215
12-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Does Charlotte have a real GM?

goose15
12-24-2010, 10:16 AM
would be a horrible trade for Charlotte..

jimbobjarree
12-24-2010, 10:43 AM
ewwww

NBA-GMaster
12-24-2010, 01:45 PM
To make it fair-- Wallace,Augustin and Diop for Miller,Camby and Fernandez..

NBA-GMaster
12-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Redick for Mohammed or Przybilla seem reasonable..

homestarunner93
12-24-2010, 02:00 PM
It makes sense for Charlotte because the team is not competitive as built, and Miller gets money off of the books after this year. Charlotte needs to blow up what they have and start over, and this is a move in the right direction. I imagine they might flip Camby to a playoff team. I don't think its a horrible trade, because they need to get rid of that fat turd Diop that doesn't do anything but weigh down the bench.

DeyAce
12-24-2010, 02:04 PM
the bobcats/blazers trade is a complete steal for portland

kurivaimu
12-24-2010, 02:15 PM
****ing ******** Cocksucking Mother****ers. Why trade Wallace AND augustin for ****in Miller and Camby. How does that improve us? SMH ****

+1

That is just ridiculous. I wouldnt trade Augustin for Andre and Camby, and i definately wouldnt trade G.wallace for Miller and Camby, but for some dumb reason MJ thinks the way to go is to send BOTH AUGUSTIN AND WALLACE for aging and useless Miller and Camby.
In all fairness i have nothing against Camby, but Andre Miller is a ******* **** **** ***.

Hustla23
12-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Charlotte needs to throw in a few picks and completely and utterly screw their future.

Might as well go all the way if you're gonna do something.