PDA

View Full Version : Baron Davis back to Charlotte?

Stunner
12-23-2010, 11:04 AM
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

ManRam
12-23-2010, 11:13 AM
They could use some offense...

But BDiddy isn't really a winner-type player. However, I'd definitely pull the trigger if I'm MJ.

asandhu23
12-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Different team though.

tangent12
12-23-2010, 11:19 AM
He should just go back to the trash can he came from. Davis just sucks.

SteBO
12-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Davis should go somewhere where he can be disciplined and play winning basketball

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Charlotte is really desperate I guess

baron should be out of the league, he's been horrible the past few seasons, don't know how 35% shooting and 20% shooting from downtown helps you to win games:shrug:

black1605
12-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Please god no.

SNYmets86
12-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Good Lord, Jordan sucks so bad at this job...

SNYmets86
12-23-2010, 11:31 AM
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

that sig is hilarious lol

justinnum1
12-23-2010, 11:31 AM
This would be another terrible move by jordan.

Carey
12-23-2010, 11:49 AM
I think they are much better served moving Wallace and Jackson and getting draft picks and young players, i like Augustin, Tyrus, Derrick Brown, and Gerald Henderson i think they can be rotation players on a good team.....Sherron Collins to a lesser extent. Imo its time to retool

Mishmin
12-23-2010, 11:56 AM
I don't know, you're all right that Baron isn't the point guard of the future, but he's already worked well in a system with stephen Jackson.. He'd be back where they would let him be a scorer first. Was it only three years ago he was a top 5 point guard?

ManRam
12-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Carroll and Diop will make 11 million combined for each the next two seasons. Davis will make 14 and 15. I agree that Davis isn't really a good play at this point, but I don't think at this point it will hurt. What's to lose? They can't get worse...They are the 29th best offensive team in the league. I think he could provide a tiny spark on offense at the least. He's not a great shooter any more, but he still is a great facilitator...much better than DJ. Diop and Carroll don't do anything for that team. Paying them that much to rot on the bench can't be that much worse than paying Davis that money to start.

I see why Jordan is contemplating this...but I think it's a lose/lose situation. If he makes the trade, he might get a slight boost on offense, and might spark a little interest from the fans, but if he doesn't, nothing changes and you have Carroll and Diop eating up money on the bench...

I think it's worth a gamble. :shrug:

zambo4president
12-23-2010, 12:06 PM
How funny would it have been If Elton Brand would've resigned with the Clips instead of spurning B Diddy and going to Philly a couple years ago:laugh2:

HouRealCoach
12-23-2010, 12:10 PM
He just looks sorry because of the Clippers... I can name a BUNCH of players that looked like trash on the Clippers and went on to another team and actually became someone...

black1605
12-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Carroll and Diop will make 11 million combined for each the next two seasons. Davis will make 14 and 15. I agree that Davis isn't really a good play at this point, but I don't think at this point it will hurt. What's to lose? They can't get worse...They are the 29th best offensive team in the league. I think he could provide a tiny spark on offense at the least. He's not a great shooter any more, but he still is a great facilitator...much better than DJ. Diop and Carroll don't do anything for that team. Paying them that much to rot on the bench can't be that much worse than paying Davis that money to start.

I see why Jordan is contemplating this...but I think it's a lose/lose situation. If he makes the trade, he might get a slight boost on offense, and might spark a little interest from the fans, but if he doesn't, nothing changes and you have Carroll and Diop eating up money on the bench...

I think it's worth a gamble. :shrug:

True points all around, but if we have a chance at Devin Harris in place of Baron Davis, the choice is clear. Harris is still young and has upside, whereas Davis is steadily declining, is out of shape, and doesn't seem to care about basketball like you would think someone making that kind of money should. Going after Davis would be a panic move. We would be making a move for the sake of making one.

The Bobcats aren't going to do anything this season, so there is no point in rushing to make deals. We have until February just like everybody else. The front office needs to take a deep breath, reevaluate the situation, and go from there planning for the future.

FinsSuperBowl
12-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Do charlotte have anyone that can score in the paint? They need to fix that problem b4 anything

LTBaByyy
12-23-2010, 12:23 PM
If they find a way to steal Kaman in that deal I think it would be great!!!!

Baron
Steve Jack
G Wall
Tyrus
Kaman

ManRam
12-23-2010, 12:36 PM
True points all around, but if we have a chance at Devin Harris in place of Baron Davis, the choice is clear. Harris is still young and has upside, whereas Davis is steadily declining, is out of shape, and doesn't seem to care about basketball like you would think someone making that kind of money should. Going after Davis would be a panic move. We would be making a move for the sake of making one.

The Bobcats aren't going to do anything this season, so there is no point in rushing to make deals. We have until February just like everybody else. The front office needs to take a deep breath, reevaluate the situation, and go from there planning for the future.

I'd like to imagine that the Nets could get more than Augustin and two scrubs for Harris. But yeah, if they have a shot at Devin, then they should definitely pursue that. I'm not so certain that the Nets are desperate to get rid of Devin just yet, however.

I agree with the last paragraph. That's what I said about Orlando a few hours before we got a total makeover. Hopefully that wasn't panic; hopefully it was a well calculated move. The Bobcats should take their time too.

raptor fan
12-23-2010, 12:44 PM
i would think the deal would be more fair if dj was replaced by shaun livingston in the deal. that way, another 3 year contract goes back to L.A

Livingston, Carroll and Diop for Davis.

Dyna-sty
12-23-2010, 12:47 PM
I saw this, too. They better not do it unless Kaman is involved.

black1605
12-23-2010, 12:49 PM
I'd like to imagine that the Nets could get more than Augustin and two scrubs for Harris. But yeah, if they have a shot at Devin, then they should definitely pursue that. I'm not so certain that the Nets are desperate to get rid of Devin just yet, however.

I agree with the last paragraph. That's what I said about Orlando a few hours before we got a total makeover. Hopefully that wasn't panic; hopefully it was a well calculated move. The Bobcats should take their time too.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply the same deal would work for Harris. In the Melo to the Nets deal that was being discussed over the offseason, Harris would have ended up in Charlotte with Diaw being the only major piece heading out; and now that Melo to the Nets talks are heating back up, it seems likely that a similar deal could come back up.

Essentially it would have been:

Melo to the Nets
Harris to the Bobcats
Favors/Kirilenko to the Nuggets
Diaw to the Jazz

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2010, 12:49 PM

Baron
Steve Jack
G Wall
Tyrus
Kaman

How you can steal Kaman if he's horrible:confused:

LTBaByyy
12-23-2010, 01:00 PM
How you can steal Kaman if he's horrible:confused:

Haha he made the all star team last year, paul silas will def rejuvinate B Davis we all know that but I think he will Kaman too!!!!

John Walls Era
12-23-2010, 01:06 PM
I actually don't mind the trade. Its not like any of the players they're giving away are any good.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Haha he made the all star team last year, paul silas will def rejuvinate B Davis we all know that but I think he will Kaman too!!!!

he's a chucker with extremly low IQ

and he doesn't help his team, who cares about the all-star appearance.

Magloire and Szerbiak have been on an all-star game:laugh2:

He has -0.014 WS/48
last year he had 0.044 (worse than DeSagana Diop:D) which is abysmal even though he was putting up 18ppg

black1605
12-23-2010, 01:18 PM
I want nothing to do with either Davis or Kaman.

Carey
12-23-2010, 01:29 PM
I want nothing to do with either Davis or Kaman.

I dont blame u, this would be jus a band aid move imo, i think rebuilding should be the move.

cheetos185
12-23-2010, 01:32 PM
horrible deal augustin is better than davis no wonder brown left jordan has no clue whats he doing

homestarunner93
12-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Wow, this would be stupid. Davis and Jackson would walk all over Silas, I don't see how you can make this move after showing Brown the door.

superabound
12-23-2010, 02:15 PM

The Nets are only shopping Harris in order to get another piece to entice Anthony to sign the extension. They aren't just trying to dump him to a team like the Bobcats for their garbage.

Ware_Spencer
12-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Bobcats - Clippers Trade
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=263uykp

Bobcats - Magic Trade
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2fqxkuq

Baron Davis - Augustin - Livingston
Jason Richardson - Gerald Henderson
Stephen Jackson - Mcguire
Tyrus Thomas - Kwame
Kaman - Kwame

The old Warriors team. lol mixed in with a real center and Tyrus Thomas.

bigsams50
12-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Please let these rumors be false. I'd rather we just unload our big contracts and start over, not be fine with settling for a late lottery pick, or 8th playoff seed. We're a small market team, we have to build through the draft, not by trading for washed up vets. SMH, just trade S-Jax, Diaw and Diop before the deadline for some picks, young talent, or cap relief

Chronz
12-23-2010, 03:09 PM
LOL a few weeks back I mentioned Charlotte as the only team dumb enough to trade for Baron and Kaman, they could actually benefit somewhat from their presence but its still not worth the trade.

Bobcats - Clippers Trade

Bobcats - Magic Trade

Tyrus Thomas - Kwame
Kaman - Kwame

WOW All I wanted was expirings but G-Force would be sick. Totally unrealistic though

Baron
Steve Jack
G Wall
Tyrus
Kaman
You cant steal what somebody doesnt want, on behalf of most Clipper fans, we do not want Kaman.

You didnt answer his Q. Making the All-Star team does not make one an all-star

homestarunner93
12-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Bobcats - Clippers Trade

Bobcats - Magic Trade

Tyrus Thomas - Kwame
Kaman - Kwame

Yeah, that would pretty much be ****ing stupid for the Bobcats. We already know how much Jason Richardson sucks here in Charlotte, and trading Wallace for Kaman, who has been horrible, and a cancer like Davis is idiotic.

black1605
12-23-2010, 03:19 PM
The Nets are only shopping Harris in order to get another piece to entice Anthony to sign the extension. They aren't just trying to dump him to a team like the Bobcats for their garbage.

Read the entire thread before you make comments.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply the same deal would work for Harris. In the Melo to the Nets deal that was being discussed over the offseason, Harris would have ended up in Charlotte with Diaw being the only major piece heading out; and now that Melo to the Nets talks are heating back up, it seems likely that a similar deal could come back up.

Essentially it would have been:

Melo to the Nets
Harris to the Bobcats
Favors/Kirilenko to the Nuggets
Diaw to the Jazz