PDA

View Full Version : Time For a Fire Sale?

JasonJohnHorn
12-22-2010, 11:00 PM
A couple years back when Larry Brown stepped in as coach, the Bobcats saw immediate changes. Brown draft a point guard straight off, showing what little faith he had in Spencer (who they have not lost to free agecny for nothing). Okafor, who may very well not have been the best center in the NBA, but was a solid double-double guy was dumped for Chandler who was then given away to the Mavs (usually trading down in size is bad, but Brown traded down a center for NOTHING!!!). They have nobody in the paint with a respectable all-around game (though Kwambe surprisingly is playing fairly well, and Mohamed is decent, neither can keep up with most other centers in the league, and though McGuire has some sweet rebounding numbers, his FG% is horrible). And Tyrus Thomas is not reaching his potential. The dude is 24 now, he should be showing signs of serious improvement! He has displayed enough talent to be a guy who is great to have in a rotation, but he's not even a quality starter.

Jackson, Wallace, Diaw and Augustin aside, this team is AWFUL!!!! And none of their godo players are bigs (though Wallace rebounds like one, he's a SF by nature and plays better on the wing).

So since Larry Brown has stepped down, and he's the one that started making all these moves for all these players, his vision is now moot since his is no longer leading the team.

So should these gusy have a fire sale, try to get their hands on a real big and some draft picks while clearing cap space? Or am I missing something. Can the Bobcats build something out of what they have?

effen5
12-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Sure why not. As much as I love Michael Jordan, Im glad he doesn't run our team.

210Don
12-22-2010, 11:04 PM
your bigs are horrible but your guards are good. not enough though.

Dade County
12-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Blow this team up, and start over.

MJ and co, should try their best to package some kind of deal, that can get them a star (does not have to be a super star) under contract for about 4 to 6 yrs; and build around him. Also get lucky in the draft lottery.

masalex1205
12-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Blow this team up, and start over.

MJ and co, should try their best to package some kind of deal, that can get them a star (does not have to be a super star) under contract for about 4 to 6 yrs; and build around him. Also get lucky in the draft lottery.

Genius! How are you not a GM dude?

Kobes a Killer
12-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Gerald Wallace to the lakers for artest and caracter and or ebanks... Wait I am allowed to dream on this site right?

Chronz
12-22-2010, 11:38 PM
A couple years back when Larry Brown stepped in as coach, the Bobcats saw immediate changes. Brown draft a point guard straight off, showing what little faith he had in Spencer (who they have not lost to free agecny for nothing). Okafor, who may very well not have been the best center in the NBA, but was a solid double-double guy was dumped for Chandler who was then given away to the Mavs (usually trading down in size is bad, but Brown traded down a center for NOTHING!!!). They have nobody in the paint with a respectable all-around game (though Kwambe surprisingly is playing fairly well, and Mohamed is decent, neither can keep up with most other centers in the league, and though McGuire has some sweet rebounding numbers, his FG% is horrible). And Tyrus Thomas is not reaching his potential. The dude is 24 now, he should be showing signs of serious improvement! He has displayed enough talent to be a guy who is great to have in a rotation, but he's not even a quality starter.

Jackson, Wallace, Diaw and Augustin aside, this team is AWFUL!!!! And none of their godo players are bigs (though Wallace rebounds like one, he's a SF by nature and plays better on the wing).

So since Larry Brown has stepped down, and he's the one that started making all these moves for all these players, his vision is now moot since his is no longer leading the team.

So should these gusy have a fire sale, try to get their hands on a real big and some draft picks while clearing cap space? Or am I missing something. Can the Bobcats build something out of what they have?

Your threads are quickly becoming the antithesis of everything I believe about basketball.

For one I dont understand your characterization of Kwame and Nazr as being fairly well and degrade Tyrus the very next sentence. Perhaps Im taking you the wrong way and you do recognize hes the superior player but that hes greatly underachieving in your eyes. But to say he hasnt improved would be to ignore the vast difference in his offensive #'s.

And then there was this gem,
"Jackson, Wallace, Diaw and Augustin aside, this team is AWFUL!!!! And none of their godo players are bigs "

What have these players done to deserve a free pass? Jacksons struggles have received plenty of pub hes losing abit on D, considering the Bobcats offense ranks deadlast the go to players should shoulder some of the blame here. The loss of Felton has hurt them on both ends and the biggest difference from year to year has been the offensive efficiency of G-Force (From an All-Star to Average impact), Diaw/Nazr arent scoring the same. And as you mentioned the loss of Chandler. I didnt think it would be a significant downfall considering he didnt play much but looking at him now in Dallas and I cant help but think Chandler was a large part of establishing that defensive culture last year just by being around.

Their biggest weaknesses are whatever position Diaw is playing while on the court, and their defense of PG's

But to answer your question, they put ALL their chips on cancerous players who are skilled enough to win at a mediocre clip but lack the efficiency or intangibles to take their teams to the next level. Their only hope is to package G-Force with him in hopes someone makes the same mistake they did ala Orlando with Gilbert.

masalex1205
12-22-2010, 11:39 PM
^ Wow, thatd be a sick team

Dade County
12-23-2010, 01:37 AM
Genius! How are you not a GM dude?

Thank you, thank you....... I try :D lol

JasonJohnHorn
12-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Your threads are quickly becoming the antithesis of everything I believe about basketball.

For one I dont understand your characterization of Kwame and Nazr as being fairly well and degrade Tyrus the very next sentence. Perhaps Im taking you the wrong way and you do recognize hes the superior player but that hes greatly underachieving in your eyes. But to say he hasnt improved would be to ignore the vast difference in his offensive #'s.

And then there was this gem,
"Jackson, Wallace, Diaw and Augustin aside, this team is AWFUL!!!! And none of their godo players are bigs "

What have these players done to deserve a free pass? Jacksons struggles have received plenty of pub hes losing abit on D, considering the Bobcats offense ranks deadlast the go to players should shoulder some of the blame here. The loss of Felton has hurt them on both ends and the biggest difference from year to year has been the offensive efficiency of G-Force (From an All-Star to Average impact), Diaw/Nazr arent scoring the same. And as you mentioned the loss of Chandler. I didnt think it would be a significant downfall considering he didnt play much but looking at him now in Dallas and I cant help but think Chandler was a large part of establishing that defensive culture last year just by being around.

Their biggest weaknesses are whatever position Diaw is playing while on the court, and their defense of PG's

But to answer your question, they put ALL their chips on cancerous players who are skilled enough to win at a mediocre clip but lack the efficiency or intangibles to take their teams to the next level. Their only hope is to package G-Force with him in hopes someone makes the same mistake they did ala Orlando with Gilbert.

I cant disagree with anything you said. You are very right. Thomas IS a better player that Mo or Kwambe, but since he is more talented I hold him to a higher standard. His numbers have improved (he get nearly as much productivity as he did in his third year in the league with about 8 fewer minutes and higher percentages across the board, but he still isnt rebounding well enough in my eyes and has not come anywhere near his ceiling). Brown and Mo are doing well considering the context of their respective careers, as is McGuire, but none of those players have the tools needed to really compete with the other quality starters at their position.

And yes, Jackson can be cancerous, but he is also very talented, and he has shown in Charlotte last year, and with the Spurs, and before the melee in Detroit with the Pacers as well, that he can be a positive presence on a team. Even in GS he played well when he first got there. You package him up to LA and try to pry away Bynum, I will promose Jackson has that guy playing to his max potential inside a month.

I think what we can all agree on is that with no double-digit rebounders on their team, and not real interior defence, these guys are a poor man's Miami, great wing players, no size down low, the difference being they dont have anybody as good as Wade, James and Bosh.

And since these are the piece Brown brought to build his blueprint for a team, and he himself is gone, its time to tear down what they got, and rebuild.

And I seriously beleive they could offer a package to LA that could pry Bynumn out of their hands, and he could prove to be an all-star center if healthy (which is a big if, but bigs are hard to come by, and LA can afford to trade down in size). Beisdes, LA is cool with taking on big contracts.

Chronz
12-23-2010, 03:33 PM
And yes, Jackson can be cancerous, but he is also very talented, and he has shown in Charlotte last year, and with the Spurs, and before the melee in Detroit with the Pacers as well, that he can be a positive presence on a team. Even in GS he played well when he first got there.
That depends on your definition of a positive influence, to me hes having a positive influence in CHA just by the fact that there is no one better than him on the team and hes not holding anyone back. They need him on the court, but I cant help but think your confusing the winning around him with his actual play. Just because hes winning doesnt make him any different of a player. The Spurs were winning long before him and would win long after him, the Pistons were an elite club before him and went to **** with the brawl. Everywhere hes gone hes been the same, he is by nature a cancerous offensive player.

You package him up to LA and try to pry away Bynum, I will promose Jackson has that guy playing to his max potential inside a month.I didnt mean hes not playing to his potential, frankly hes always been an inefficient chucker. The kind of guy you want in a minimal role if your contending, or the kind of guy you can rely on if your a bad team. Only now hes not defending as well so trading for him would require offering even worse contracts and players if you are to benefit from his presence.

And I seriously beleive they could offer a package to LA that could pry Bynumn out of their hands
An efficient offensive engine like the Lakers would not benefit from a cancerous player like Jacko, their problems are on the defensive end and the remedy for that is Bynum. Unless your thinking he can transform into an efficient player after all these years being in different roles yet being unable to do so, and now that hes past his prime it sounds impossible.

and he could prove to be an all-star center if healthy (which is a big if, but bigs are hard to come by, and LA can afford to trade down in size). Beisdes, LA is cool with taking on big contracts. Your beliefs are totally unrealistic, Id be willing to put my life savings that LA would laugh at such a proposal.

Hes an All-Star when on the court, and no they cant afford to trade down in size. If you havent noticed they are scrambling for bigs and couldnt wait for Bynum to start playing.