PDA

View Full Version : Worse looking future.

kjoke
12-22-2010, 09:15 PM
What team has the worst looking future? For me it has to be the pistons, they suck now and it doesnt look like they are getting better with there current lineup, i must suck being a pistons fan right now.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Cleveland - vets + crappy young guys

no future

Minimal
12-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Cleveland for sure. Noone will want to play there anymore. They destroyed themselves.

AWC713
12-22-2010, 09:27 PM
I think its the bobcats, they're stars really aren't going to get them anywhere. Don't get me wrong, Wallace and Jackson are good players, but they're getting older and even if the Bobcats put pieces around them, I'm not sure they're the players that can really lead a team. They just look like they have a very mediocure future IMO

xabial
12-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Pistons have some brutal contracts

Cavs Are filled with Role Players, until Mo Jamison, and Verajoe Rise up.

Gators123
12-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Cavs have the worst.

Pistons have some nice young talent in Stuckey, Daye, Monroe, Jerebko.

Gram
12-22-2010, 09:31 PM
For some reason I knew the OP would choose Detroit. And I gotta say I disagree. They are alot better than their record shows. They have a cluster **** at the two, three and the four. If they can balance out and ditch a player at each position and develop the young guns, Monroe, Daye, Stuckey, Summers, and get the players who are the future core playing, Gordon, Chuck V, and trade the players who need a new start, Rip, Tayshaun, Maxiell, they're gonna be pretty set for the future. And if they can't trade them, Tay expires, so there's one gone. They're gonna be set for the future. Just need some bigs, which they can get in this upcoming draft. And maybe a PG. But Rip and Bynum would have gotta go first.

Hustlenomics
12-22-2010, 09:36 PM
What team has the worst looking future? For me it has to be the pistons, they suck now and it doesnt look like they are getting better with there current lineup, i must suck being a pistons fan right now.

lmao yes it does

Tony_Starks
12-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Pistons and until they trade Iggy and Brand Philly.

Gators123
12-22-2010, 09:43 PM
lmao yes it does

Its even worse being a Allen Iverson fan now, isn't that right AI fan boy?

Crackadalic
12-22-2010, 09:44 PM
i think the cavs have it worse for now. pistons just have a cluster of talent that cant play well together. cavs have no talent at all especially nice young pieces going foward

Tony_Starks
12-22-2010, 09:49 PM
i think the cavs have it worse for now. pistons just have a cluster of talent that cant play well together. cavs have no talent at all especially nice young pieces going foward

Cavs have a legit coach, tradeable players, a trade exception, and cap space. All is not lost in Cleveland it just looks very bleak right now. They do well in the draft next year (if there is a next year) add a FA or two and they're back in the game.

Hustla23
12-22-2010, 09:52 PM
What a depressing thread..... :laugh2:

Hustlenomics
12-22-2010, 09:55 PM

Cavs have hickson and at least a decent point guard and possibly a good draft pick

Sixerlover
12-22-2010, 10:08 PM

What does trading Iguodala and Brand have to do with Philly's future? We still have a lot of young players that play at a high level. Our future is promising regardless of Iguodala or Brand being on the roster (I'd say Iguodala is more a plus to the future than a minus as well, he's only 26)

chicagocubsfan
12-22-2010, 10:12 PM
They might not be the worst, but the nuggets future (besides Lawson) doesn't seem too bright

Dade County
12-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Pistons brought this on themselves, they should have drafted MELO!!!!!!! :facepalm:

The league should retract by 4 teams......... You know who you are. :clap:

Tony_Starks
12-23-2010, 12:12 AM
What does trading Iguodala and Brand have to do with Philly's future? We still have a lot of young players that play at a high level. Our future is promising regardless of Iguodala or Brand being on the roster (I'd say Iguodala is more a plus to the future than a minus as well, he's only 26)

Thats exactly why Iggy and Brand need to go. You guys are in half start over, half win now mode with those guys. There are enough young guys there to give them time to grow, add a few pieces and be really competitive (aka OKC) in a couple years. Iggy and Brand are holding up the show, not to mention their contracts are atrocious.

Sixerlover
12-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Thats exactly why Iggy and Brand need to go. You guys are in half start over, half win now mode with those guys. There are enough young guys there to give them time to grow, add a few pieces and be really competitive (aka OKC) in a couple years. Iggy and Brand are holding up the show, not to mention their contracts are atrocious.

Well Iggy is around #35 - #40 this year as far as most paid. Is he around a top 40 player? I think so.

And it's a big difference between ANY young team and OKC. OKC has a 6'10 player with the handle of a PG and one of the best jumpers of the generation. They don't really grow on trees. The Sixers don't need to get rid of every veteran player to successfully rebuild.

Draco
12-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Portland's is looking pretty bleak after recently having one of the brightest futures.

bholly
12-23-2010, 01:16 AM
Well Iggy is around #35 - #40 this year as far as most paid. Is he around a top 40 player? I think so.

And it's a big difference between ANY young team and OKC. OKC has a 6'10 player with the handle of a PG and one of the best jumpers of the generation. They don't really grow on trees. The Sixers don't need to get rid of every veteran player to successfully rebuild.

This. Before everyone was praising the Thunder for going young, being patient, and rebuilding the right way through the draft they were praising the Bobcats for going young, being patient and rebuilding the right way through the draft. It doesn't always turn out the good way.

kozelkid
12-23-2010, 01:32 AM
Cavs don't have many ugly contracts though. So with a tank job or 2, they'll start rebuilding.

Gotta be Detroit, LAC, Philly or Charlotte.
Detroit because that team is full of hideous contracts.
LAC has its share of bad contracts with Davis and Kaman and while Sterling is their owner, I don't think they can ever be a serious team. He's that bad. And it sucks considering they have two promising players in Gordon and Griffin.
Philly has its share of bad contracts/bad players in Lou, Brand and Iggy. It also doesn't help that Turner is likely a bust. And I hate saying this so early, but the guy might be one of the least gifted players I've seen. Awful first step and unless he ever becomes a great shooter, he doesn't have a chance cause he doesn't have the athleticism. I'd never thought I'd see such an intelligent, good kid flop so badly. Then again, I can't think of any 2nd overall pick with such lack of upside.
And Charlotte is just a team with awful management. That's the kind of management that will keep ****ing up for many years.
I'm also tempted to include Memphis.

Tony_Starks
12-23-2010, 01:39 AM
This. Before everyone was praising the Thunder for going young, being patient, and rebuilding the right way through the draft they were praising the Bobcats for going young, being patient and rebuilding the right way through the draft. It doesn't always turn out the good way.

Yeah but its not just KD. He's able to do what he does because he has guys to take pressure off him. Westbrook is a beast. People sleep on Jeff Green for some reason but he's a very solid 17ppg and defends bigger than his size. Harding. Ebaka. They been drafting nice all the way around. Bobcats havent. Even so they were still a playoff team, just didn't think Felton was worth bringing back.

You guys don't have a franchise player yet but some of your young support guys could be really good. Not to mention Im not quite sure what the hell Turner can be. My thing is I really don't see Igudola making them better. He's had years to prove himself a franchise player and he isn't. He makes them just good enough not to be completely horrible. He'd be better off a solid role player on a contender.

masalex1205
12-23-2010, 01:45 AM
Cavs don't have many ugly contracts though. So with a tank job or 2, they'll start rebuilding.

Gotta be Detroit, LAC, Philly or Charlotte.
Detroit because that team is full of hideous contracts.
LAC has its share of bad contracts with Davis and Kaman and while Sterling is their owner, I don't think they can ever be a serious team. He's that bad. And it sucks considering they have two promising players in Gordon and Griffin.
Philly has its share of bad contracts/bad players in Lou, Brand and Iggy. It also doesn't help that Turner is likely a bust. And I hate saying this so early, but the guy might be one of the least gifted players I've seen. Awful first step and unless he ever becomes a great shooter, he doesn't have a chance cause he doesn't have the athleticism. I'd never thought I'd see such an intelligent, good kid flop so badly. Then again, I can't think of any 2nd overall pick with such lack of upside.
And Charlotte is just a team with awful management. That's the kind of management that will keep ****ing up for many years.
I'm also tempted to include Memphis.

don't think you can put the Clips in that category: they've got Griffin and Gordon...Kaman contracts isn't for that long so you've got one bad contract; its just having Sterling as the owner that taints everything there

kozelkid
12-23-2010, 01:49 AM
don't think you can put the Clips in that category: they've got Griffin and Gordon...Kaman contracts isn't for that long so you've got one bad contract; its just having Sterling as the owner that taints everything there

I'm aware and normally I wouldn't put a team with 2 such promising players in that category. But I really think Sterling is THAT bad. Kaman's is actually shorter than I thought though.

Maybe they don't have the worse looking future. But I still can't say anything positive while that piece of **** is still an owner. And it sucks cause I really do love their core of Gordon, Griffin and even Bledsoe.

PhillyFaninLA
12-23-2010, 01:58 AM
Knicks, Wizards, Clippers, Charlotte, Cleveland, Toronto, Minnesota, Memphis, and Detroit

John Walls Era
12-23-2010, 02:03 AM
Cavs.

JeffG20
12-23-2010, 02:11 AM
Hornets- when the league has to buy your team because the ownership is such a mess, things dont look good.

Combine that with trying to convince your star player to not leave.

SugeKnight
12-23-2010, 03:34 AM
Knicks, Wizards, Clippers, Charlotte, Cleveland, Toronto, Minnesota, Memphis, and Detroit

Knicks and wolves both have great futures potentially.

Knicks are competitive right now and they always have a chance to get a superstar(CP3, Melo)

Wolves have great youngsters. Milicic is improving and hes still young. Love is emerging as one of the top PFs in the league. Beasley is starting to play up to his potential. They have Flynn, and wes johnson and theyll have another lottery pick. and dont forget about rubio who should be coming soon

210Don
12-23-2010, 03:35 AM
gotta go with kings....

The_Mac22
12-23-2010, 04:43 AM
^ Kings have talent there.

No way they have a worse future than the Cavs or Pistons.

DamnGoat
12-23-2010, 04:58 AM
Cleveland's in some trouble IMO. When you're best young players are JJ Hickson & Daniel Gibson then you don't have a very bright future. Mo Williams & Jamison have proven that they're really no better than 2nd options on good teams and they're not getting any younger either. The rest of the roster is mostly role players. And since LeBron left I can't imagine any big name FA's wanting to come to Cleveland.

210Don
12-23-2010, 05:05 AM
^ Kings have talent there.

No way they have a worse future than the Cavs or Pistons.

dumb talent. i dont trust evans for some reason and you know they wont be in sac town for long.....:(

ClipperfanKevin
12-23-2010, 06:56 AM
For those of you who say the Clippers give me some if what you're smoking. For the first time in a long while, the future looks bright for us. Griffin is a bona fide superstar, and gordon is a top shooting guard in the league. Sure we're salted with some bad contacts, but next year Kaman is an exporting, and the following year Baron is too. 2 years from now (the future), Kaman is either traded or expired, and Baron is a very desirable 15 million dollar expiring.

ClipperfanKevin
12-23-2010, 06:57 AM
Not to mention a mid lotto pick this year and minnesota's unprotected pick next year.

Sixerlover
12-23-2010, 01:05 PM

1 bad contract (Brand) and 1 overpaid player along with a plethora of young talent doesn't equate to a bad future. Remember Iguodala could have been had for Batum and an expiring contract, so they don't see him as "holding up the show" or as a atrocious contract right now.

Teams like Cleveland, Detroit, Denver, Charlotte, New Orleans etc don't have much of anything to look forward to in the future.

I'd rank philly in the Washington, Jersey, Sacramento, Toronto, GSW mold where there is a lot of young talent, but it will take savvy GM'ing and player development to turn them into contenders.

koetravis
12-23-2010, 02:10 PM
idk why nobody said the celtics. their big 3 are all on the wrong side of 30 and most of their other players are really old. i think doc isnt coming back next year. and for the past 3-5 years they havent picked really good in the draft so they dont have good young talent besides rondo.

sep11ie
12-23-2010, 02:42 PM
The Heat, I see them sucking 20 years from now.

Da Knicks
12-23-2010, 02:52 PM
cleveland.

PAOboston
12-23-2010, 03:39 PM
idk why nobody said the celtics. their big 3 are all on the wrong side of 30 and most of their other players are really old. i think doc isnt coming back next year. and for the past 3-5 years they havent picked really good in the draft so they dont have good young talent besides rondo.

while i agree with you that once the big 3 are done, the team might take a step back, i cant for the life of me agree with you on the premise that the celtics have not drafted well in the past years. Over the past 5-6 years, the celtics have drafted al jefferson, delonte west, tony allen, ryan gomes, leon powe, rajon rondo, kendrick perkins, glen davis, semih erden. i'll give you that the last 2 years have been somewhat poor but considering the c's have had the one of the last picks in each round since the big 3 era, it's tough to find players that are keepers in those spots.

also doc is coming back. otherwise allen and pierce would not have signed multi-year extensions.

also, the c's arent in that bad of shape after kg and allen's contracts expire in 2012. they get about 25 million (maybe more depending on what way the salary cap goes) to spend on free agents (i.e. dwight howard etc). so they still have a chance to make good moves and continue to compete.

as for the topic question, i'd say the cavs. even when their big contracts expire i dont see how any big FA would want to go to cleveland. they are gonna have to rebuild primarily through the draft.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-23-2010, 03:54 PM
I remember back 2 years ago, when the big debate about the best future was between chicago, philly, and portland.

Sucks for philly, but at least your other philly teams have easily made up for the 6ers fall off

Tony_Starks
12-23-2010, 04:02 PM
1 bad contract (Brand) and 1 overpaid player along with a plethora of young talent doesn't equate to a bad future. Remember Iguodala could have been had for Batum and an expiring contract, so they don't see him as "holding up the show" or as a atrocious contract right now.

Teams like Cleveland, Detroit, Denver, Charlotte, New Orleans etc don't have much of anything to look forward to in the future.

I'd rank philly in the Washington, Jersey, Sacramento, Toronto, GSW mold where there is a lot of young talent, but it will take savvy GM'ing and player development to turn them into contenders.

New Orleans? Really? They actually have a superstar and an allstar. I hope you're not reading the tabloids........

Mudvayne91
12-23-2010, 04:33 PM
They might not be the worst, but the nuggets future (besides Lawson) doesn't seem too bright

Idk man, maybe optimistic thinking here, but I think we'll be fine. Hopefully Melo goes to the Nets cause that'll be huge for us. If not, we still have Afflalo and Forbes is looking like a steal too. Kmart's contract will be off the books and potentially JR's too. I forgot Chauncey could very likely be moved too and he's due a pretty penny too. Even if Melo walks at the end of the year (which I'd prefer over getting the package the Knicks have) we are going to have quite a bit under the cap. The FO can make some moves to better this team in a year or two, but ideally if we got Favors and 2-3 #1's as well, that would help quite a bit.

koetravis
12-23-2010, 04:45 PM
while i agree with you that once the big 3 are done, the team might take a step back, i cant for the life of me agree with you on the premise that the celtics have not drafted well in the past years. Over the past 5-6 years, the celtics have drafted al jefferson, delonte west, tony allen, ryan gomes, leon powe, rajon rondo, kendrick perkins, glen davis, semih erden. i'll give you that the last 2 years have been somewhat poor but considering the c's have had the one of the last picks in each round since the big 3 era, it's tough to find players that are keepers in those spots.

also doc is coming back. otherwise allen and pierce would not have signed multi-year extensions.

also, the c's arent in that bad of shape after kg and allen's contracts expire in 2012. they get about 25 million (maybe more depending on what way the salary cap goes) to spend on free agents (i.e. dwight howard etc). so they still have a chance to make good moves and continue to compete.

as for the topic question, i'd say the cavs. even when their big contracts expire i dont see how any big FA would want to go to cleveland. they are gonna have to rebuild primarily through the draft.

they may have drafted good but they only have like 2 of them guys left.

justinnum1
12-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Has to be the bobcats

PAOboston
12-23-2010, 04:56 PM
they may have drafted good but they only have like 2 of them guys left.

they traded about half of those players for kg/allen (jefferson, west, gomes), let tony allen go to memphis for a bigger contract they werent gonna give him, and let leon powe go b/c of the uncertainty with his knee.

you really cant argue with any of those moves. and they resigned d west this year too on the cheap lol.

the point is, they draft well, develop well, and trade or release depending if they deem them valuable or not. some of thos players not being on the current team doesnt mean anything. for those drafted players they got kg, allen, one championship, and a couple more chances at another...

Flash3
12-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Cavs have the worst.

Pistons have some nice young talent in Stuckey, Daye, Monroe, Jerebko.

pistons can turn it around quick, monroe is finally showing his potential. if you guys make the playoffs you guys can draft kemba walker and trade all those old guys for youngs and picks,

pistons def have something to work with

my pick is cleveland.

Flash3
12-23-2010, 05:02 PM

if they're in then where's philly :rolleyes:

PhillyFaninLA
12-23-2010, 05:03 PM
if they're in then where's philly :rolleyes:

I'm biased.

I also because that bias believe that Philly has a nice future when Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Thaddaus, Young, and Spencer Hawes get some more experience under their belt. I think in 2 or 3 years the Sixers could be really good when they mature, but that could be me being biased about my team.

koetravis
12-23-2010, 05:07 PM
they traded about half of those players for kg/allen (jefferson, west, gomes), let tony allen go to memphis for a bigger contract they werent gonna give him, and let leon powe go b/c of the uncertainty with his knee.

you really cant argue with any of those moves. and they resigned d west this year too on the cheap lol.

the point is, they draft well, develop well, and trade or release depending if they deem them valuable or not. some of thos players not being on the current team doesnt mean anything. for those drafted players they got kg, allen, one championship, and a couple more chances at another...

i completely agree with you,this is about worst looking future,and they dont have anybody to build with after the big 3 are out.

JWO35
12-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Cavs = I can't tell if they are tanking or they're just this bad
Nuggets = Carmelo wants out, Billups has 1 or 2yrs left, Ty is their only bright spot
Charlotte = :pity:

PAOboston
12-23-2010, 05:29 PM
i completely agree with you,this is about worst looking future,and they dont have anybody to build with after the big 3 are out.

a top 5 pg and a good amount of cap space to add solid players around him are pretty good building blocks i think.

FarOutIos
12-23-2010, 06:09 PM
dumb talent. i dont trust evans for some reason and you know they wont be in sac town for long.....:(

Dumb talent? The only one you can say anything like that about is Cousins.

When you look at this thread, you really have to look at the young talent on a team.

We also have Landry, who is really tough. We have Thompson who is at least a decent player. Casspi has potential. Whiteside should develop into a great defensive presence.

And Evans, who has been playing hurt so far this year, is a great talent.

Add to that another good draft pick this year and TONS of cap space, and the future looks good.

Speaking of futures... how does the spurs future look? Ginobli and Duncan are past their primes. Jefferson is about 30 himself. Parker has a few more good years left in him... but what's left?

Blair? An undersized big man. And a couple of decent guards.

I'd bet that in 2-3 years the teams records will be reversed...

210Don
12-23-2010, 06:12 PM

When you look at this thread, you really have to look at the young talent on a team.

We also have Landry, who is really tough. We have Thompson who is at least a decent player. Casspi has potential. Whiteside should develop into a great defensive presence.

Add to that another good draft pick this year and TONS of cap space, and the future looks good.

Speaking of futures... how does the spurs future look? Ginobli and Duncan are past their primes. Jefferson is about 30 himself. Parker has a few more good years left in him... but what's left?

:facepalm: dont worry bout my spurs lmao comparing kings to spurs :facepalm:

any ways yes cousins & because they will prolly leave sac town

pistonsfanomg
12-23-2010, 06:13 PM

lmfao at yo signature

But yeah Lauren London is fine though...

I wouldn't want to tap though because Lil Wayne went up in lol

RJ0604
12-23-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm surprised noone has said the suns. Nash is 36 and will proly want out. VC is way past his prime but is an expiring... Hill is 38. Pietrus is a role player IMO. Jared Dudley is the same. Childress could start but not a star... Gortat could shine without D Howard but Robin Lopez deserves PT so thats kind of a split. Dragic could be good with some PT. Not much of a future IMO especially if Nash asks for trade.

Iron24th
12-23-2010, 06:22 PM
I pick the wolves.

76erEaglePhils
12-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Thats exactly why Iggy and Brand need to go. You guys are in half start over, half win now mode with those guys. There are enough young guys there to give them time to grow, add a few pieces and be really competitive (aka OKC) in a couple years. Iggy and Brand are holding up the show, not to mention their contracts are atrocious.You are 100% correct sir.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2010, 06:23 PM

Spurs have 2-3 years left for getting another ring

Tell me when Kings have that of a chance:eyebrow:

kikeyanez
12-23-2010, 06:35 PM
hands down the pistons!! runners up bobcats & cavas

Sixerlover
12-23-2010, 08:08 PM
New Orleans? Really? They actually have a superstar and an allstar. I hope you're not reading the tabloids........

Who's the allstar? And once Paul bolts (lets be serious he's out of there) who are they going to put out there for a starting 5? Obviously if they trade Paul the return will no question give them some great talent, but until then. Yes. New Orleans.

el_primo_nano
12-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Pistons. They have locked up Ben Gordon for a while along with Big Charlie and that gives them no cap flexibility. To all those saying the Cavs, all it takes is the luck of a lottery ball to get them another high pick..

D-Leethal
12-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Pistons-Cavs-Bobcats

I got some respect for Dumars but signing Gordon and Charlie V to those contracts the year before the free agent bonanza of 2010 was beyond stupid........do either of those guys even start for them?