Great reasoning bro.

Cano4prez
12-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Lol ^

xabial
12-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Daryl Morey's All Hype

I vote the Lakers/Celtics GM..

Celtics Traded for KG/Ray Ray Drafted Rondo/Perkins, ever since then they've owned the Eastern Conference to Compliment Paul Pierce.

Other Vote goes to the Lakers GM For Trading For Pau Gasol, Drafting Bynum Trading For Odom to Compliment Kobe.

I like Magic/Mavs but their Team always chokes in the playoffs.

heatking
12-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Pat Riley /thread.

tcav701
12-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Pat Riley /thread.

Because he just happened to be the GM in place to benifit from what the Big 3 decided 4 years ago?

I swear you Heat fans no nothing about basketball outside of Miami.

Let me know when Pat wins a title or brings in a player better then Dampier.

Reversed86Curse
12-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Pat Riley /thread.

All he's done thus far is put together a team that can compete in the East, with no bench. He can't be crowned for **** yet

My vote goes to Danny Ainge, consistently finding the right pieces to make this 'old' team a contender the past 4 yrs.

AWC713
12-22-2010, 08:43 PM
I vote Ainge, but Morey really is up there.

He hasn't made a bad deal yet, I mean look at his track record:

the following deals gave up nothing:
drafted aaron brooks in the late first round
traded for 2nd round draft pick carl landry, then sold high for kevin martin
traded for luis scola
traded for kyle lowry
traded for budinger (great first year, starting to fall off)

he also raped the knicks with the t-mac deal, getting two first round picks and jordan hill who's becoming solid.

heatking
12-22-2010, 08:44 PM
let me know the last gm that has put together a team composed of 2 of the 3 best players in the league, and a top 5 pf.

tcav701
12-22-2010, 08:46 PM
let me know the last gm that has put together a team composed of 2 of the 3 best players in the league, and a top 5 pf.

Dude just stop.

You continue to show your blind homerism and limited NBA knowledge.

Sixerlover
12-22-2010, 08:47 PM
It's funny because I remember back in '07 Ainge used to be in the WORST GM conversations and Colangelo was in the best GM convos. Now the titles flip flopped between the two.

I have to go Presti. Got lucky with Durant, but after that drafted Westbrook at 4 when people were expecting him to go in the 10-11 range, and has put a lot of talented young role players around those two with manageable contracts. He has the cap space and the talent on the roster to trade for any superstar who wants out of his current situation, while also keeping a very competitive team on the court. I want to sit in a classroom and listen to this guy talk.

Sixerlover
12-22-2010, 08:48 PM

YOU could have been the GM of the Heat, and they still would have went there. It wasn't some incredible speech that Riley gave Bron and Bosh. They had it planned, and better to play together in South Beach than freezing Cleveland or Toronto.

210Don
12-22-2010, 08:57 PM
RC Buford is obviously the best gm gets most out of what he brings in smart draft moves as well.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Dude just stop.

You continue to show your blind homerism and limited NBA knowledge.
I think you're blinded bro. No other GM has pulled that off. The Gasol trade was not a fair one BTW for that other poster. Kwame Brown and Javaris Crittenton? Memphis practically gave them Gasol. Anyway, Riley did his job. Get over yourself

SteBO
12-22-2010, 09:04 PM
All he's done thus far is put together a team that can compete in the East, with no bench. He can't be crowned for **** yet

My vote goes to Danny Ainge, consistently finding the right pieces to make this 'old' team a contender the past 4 yrs.
The heat hasn't been fully healthy all year. Mike Miller, Udonis, James Jones, Big Z, and House aren't scrubs by the way. If you had NBA knowledge, you'd know that, bt u don't, so why do I even bother with this ignorant post.

tcav701
12-22-2010, 09:06 PM
I think you're blinded bro. No other GM has pulled that off. The Gasol trade was not a fair one BTW for that other poster. Kwame Brown and Javaris Crittenton? Memphis practically gave them Gasol. Anyway, Riley did his job. Get over yourself

So Riley being in the right place during a single NBA summer makes him the best GM in the NBA?

For the record, no GM has pulled that off because no 3 top free agents ever wanted to play with each other. I'm not saying Riley is a bad GM, I am saying to say hes the best in the league is absurd.

SteBO
12-22-2010, 09:08 PM
So Riley being in the right place during a single NBA summer makes him the best GM in the NBA?

For the record, no GM has pulled that off because no 3 top free agents ever wanted to play with each other. I'm not saying Riley is a bad GM, I am saying to say hes the best in the league is absurd.
Aight. I can agree with that. It sounded to me like you were downplaying him as a gm

tcav701
12-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Aight. I can agree with that. It sounded to me like you were downplaying him as a gm

I like you for the record.

This is the second convo we have had today. I understand why you get defensive because alot of people bash the Heat but at least you take the time to realize that we aren't all haters and that it's okay to be critical and give credit to all teams.

Most of your kind, at least since July, could learn alot from you and a few others.

heatking
12-22-2010, 09:13 PM

It doesnt matter whether they wanted to play together or not, the guy made the moves to allow them to make it happen why didnt anyone else clear the cap for it to happen? The guy doesnt go for the small moves. He felt Shaq would bring us a championship, he made it happen same for these guys.

tcav701
12-22-2010, 09:17 PM
It doesnt matter whether they wanted to play together or not, the guy made the moves to allow them to make it happen why didnt anyone else clear the cap for it to happen? The guy doesnt go for the small moves. He felt Shaq would bring us a championship, he made it happen same for these guys.

Your reasonings are based on the assumptions thst the Heat will win multiple championships. Of course that is possible, but untill that happens, he is certianly not the BEST GM in the NBA.

There are a handful of GMs with FAR better resumes than him.

murphturph
12-22-2010, 09:28 PM
I froget his name but the OKC G.M for shore

SteBO
12-22-2010, 09:44 PM
I froget his name but the OKC G.M for shore
Sam Presti. He's up there as one of the better gm's

justinnum1
12-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Riles.

Flash3
12-22-2010, 09:58 PM
YOU could have been the GM of the Heat, and they still would have went there. It wasn't some incredible speech that Riley gave Bron and Bosh. They had it planned, and better to play together in South Beach than freezing Cleveland or Toronto.

im sure it was because of the weather and not that we had the cap space :rolleyes:

Flash3
12-22-2010, 10:01 PM
I like you for the record.

This is the second convo we have had today. I understand why you get defensive because alot of people bash the Heat but at least you take the time to realize that we aren't all haters and that it's okay to be critical and give credit to all teams.

Most of your kind, at least since July, could learn alot from you and a few others.

im confused did psd show up on our personal "bandwaggon" radars when lbj/wade/bosh signed ? why is it july2010-present means bandwaggon.

Sixerlover
12-22-2010, 10:03 PM
im sure it was because of the weather and not that we had the cap space :rolleyes:

NY could have done it, same with Jersey. Chicago could have gotten 2 of the 3. Bosh said no to Cleveland that's been beaten to death by the media, and Toronto? Seriously? Other teams had space to sign 2 of the three, and could have made space to get all 3 had they thought they'd have a shot at it. Don't try to make this out to be more than it was.

I hate how every thread in the NBA forum always reverts to the summer FA moves, but of course someone would rather live in Miami than Cleveland or Toronto. Duh If I could work at a company with my 2 friends I'd rather go to Miami instead of staying up north too :laugh2:

Flash3
12-22-2010, 10:12 PM
NY could have done it, same with Jersey. Chicago could have gotten 2 of the 3. Bosh said no to Cleveland that's been beaten to death by the media, and Toronto? Seriously? Other teams had space to sign 2 of the three, and could have made space to get all 3 had they thought they'd have a shot at it. Don't try to make this out to be more than it was.

I hate how every thread in the NBA forum always reverts to the summer FA moves, but of course someone would rather live in Miami than Cleveland or Toronto. Duh If I could work at a company with my 2 friends I'd rather go to Miami instead of staying up north too :laugh2:

first Toronto is a great city they just didn't have nearly enough to get all those guys. Miami was the best option cause it was the only place where all three guys could come together. Since they already had bird right to wade.

if it makes you feel better you can keep thinking it was some huge conspiracy theory.

Sixerlover
12-22-2010, 10:18 PM
first Toronto is a great city they just didn't have nearly enough to get all those guys. Miami was the best option cause it was the only place where all three guys could come together. Since they already had bird right to wade.

if it makes you feel better you can keep thinking it was some huge conspiracy theory.

Wow. The defensive meter must be on 10000 for Heat fans at PSD. I said nothing about conspiracy at all, people wanting to play together is not conspiracy. Bush setting up 9/11 is a conspiracy, America not really landing on the moon is a conspiracy, LeBron - Wade - Bosh is not.

I actually like the Heat team and hope they do pretty good in the playoffs because I'm a LeBron fan. Oh and no shade to Toronto, I've been there before, nice city.. but you can't sit here and tell me climate doesn't matter when selecting a city to live in. Unless you like the cold of the north.

Flash3
12-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Wow. The defensive meter must be on 10000 for Heat fans at PSD. I said nothing about conspiracy at all, people wanting to play together is not conspiracy. Bush setting up 9/11 is a conspiracy, America not really landing on the moon is a conspiracy, LeBron - Wade - Bosh is not.

I actually like the Heat team and hope they do pretty good in the playoffs because I'm a LeBron fan. Oh and no shade to Toronto, I've been there before, nice city.. but you can't sit here and tell me climate doesn't matter when selecting a city to live in. Unless you like the cold of the north.

Bosh wasnt even friends with wade and lebron. It would be pretty hard to sit there and play your heart out for a city when you know theres a 100 % you would leave even if lebron won the title.

and climate does matter but not alot, you have to be a pety loser to base most of your decision on climate.

Sixerlover
12-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Bosh wasnt even friends with wade and lebron. It would be pretty hard to sit there and play your heart out for a city when you know theres a 100 % you would leave even if lebron won the title.

and climate does matter but not alot, you have to be a pety loser to base most of your decision on climate.

OR maybe you could be a human?? I mean in if I was making a job decision climate would play a factor. Your living there. You play basketball 3-7 hours out of the day. 5 days a week depending on days. If 2 teams are offering you the exact same amount of $$, and both teams will be title contenders with you on the roster, other factors come into play. Just a reminder that basketball players aren't emotionless robots, still people lol.

And I thought Bosh was good friends with Wade and LeBron. At least that's what the articles said for weeks leading up to it.

Giraffes Rule
12-22-2010, 10:37 PM
How come the only other person to say RC Buford so far is also a Spurs fan?

Flash3
12-22-2010, 10:44 PM
OR maybe you could be a human?? I mean in if I was making a job decision climate would play a factor. Your living there. You play basketball 3-7 hours out of the day. 5 days a week depending on days. If 2 teams are offering you the exact same amount of $$, and both teams will be title contenders with you on the roster, other factors come into play. Just a reminder that basketball players aren't emotionless robots, still people lol.

And I thought Bosh was good friends with Wade and LeBron. At least that's what the articles said for weeks leading up to it.

apparently bosh's friends in the league were, michael doleac, dj mbenga and brandon bass.

but seriously did u see how lebron disrespected his girl in a game in toronto,

heatking
12-22-2010, 11:05 PM
How come the only other person to say RC Buford so far is also a Spurs fan?

I think hes also up there with Riley, hes a great drafter, and doesnt seem to make any mistakes.

macc
12-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Isaiah Thomas......oh wait....

Byronicle
12-22-2010, 11:33 PM

and how was this signing fair?

they got these guys who have all along wanted to play together but where, you think they go to cleveland, toronto or miami? i think anybody would've chosen miami

so was he really a great GM? no because he didn't have to pull off any crazy moves to get these guys, the scenario was attractive to them.

so you guys get over yourselves and quit patting yourselves on your back, especially when everybody knows they have been planning this all along, it was only a matter of time, no moves had to be taken place, no one had to be swindled and fooled, nothing.

the environment was attractive and thats why they went there

Flash3
12-22-2010, 11:37 PM

they got these guys who have all along wanted to play together but where, you think they go to cleveland, toronto or miami? i think anybody would've chosen miami

so was he really a great GM? no because he didn't have to pull off any crazy moves to get these guys, the scenario was attractive to them.

so you guys get over yourselves and quit patting yourselves on your back, especially when everybody knows they have been planning this all along, it was only a matter of time, no moves had to be taken place, no one had to be swindled and fooled, nothing.

you actually think cleveland or toronto we're even considered options ? look at their cap situation geez.

the choices were ny, chi, nj, mia. they had the cap space but only one of them could sign all three.

SteBO
12-23-2010, 12:26 AM

Bro, Pat took the biggest gamble of his life and gutted his entire roster for 3 players. That's as big a risk as you u can take as a GM. He sold himself and he hit the jackpot. You're dillusional if u don't see that. The only players on the roster before the big 3 was Chalmers and Beasley.

Flash3
12-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Even if this was some huge conspiracy theory then that would still make riley the man cause he kept everything quiet and pulled off the hugest shock in nba history.

ManOnFire
12-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Pat Riley /thread.

In typical Miami Heat fan response fashion: :facepalm:

Bruno
12-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Anyone who considers the Gasol trade to be a huge steal would have to say Mitch here, no?

Pat Riley.