PDA

View Full Version : Demarcus Cousins has been fined and benched

Gators123
12-22-2010, 07:35 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/mr_jasonjones

Jason Jones
DeMarcus Cousins has been fined and benched for giving the "choke" sign last night

Jason Jones
Westphal said Cousins won't start until he shows he can be more professional

Here's the "choke" sign he did last night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCY3sz3HwAM

RZZZA
12-22-2010, 07:35 PM
oh please, give me a break. I cant tell whats more immature, his choke gesture or the (over)reaction to his choke gesture

Chacarron
12-22-2010, 07:38 PM
I don't like Cousins.

aman_13
12-22-2010, 07:44 PM
I don't want to turn this into a hate thread, and it has nothing to do with the gesture, but i don't see what some of you guys see in him talent wise. He could be a nice player but i don't see him as an all-star. I've seen him play in College and i don't see it, but that is just my opinion.

SeoulBeatz
12-22-2010, 07:45 PM
yeah that's a bit brutal of a punishment. immature but i dont think he should be benched.

he's just going to be one of those players with character flaws, but he has talent, he def has a lot of room to grow.

Htownballa1622
12-22-2010, 07:45 PM
I don't like Cousins.

+1

Hes the most immature player barely beating out nate rob.

NYMets0507
12-22-2010, 07:46 PM
If this was the NFL he'd be banned.

asandhu23
12-22-2010, 07:46 PM
lol. poor demarcus cousins

kjoke
12-22-2010, 07:47 PM
yeah dalembart is starting, maybe improves my fantasy team

salimstoudamire
12-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Demarcus is a punk.

asandhu23
12-22-2010, 07:54 PM
god, that movie sucks. M. Night Banalam sucks too

i agree. Good thing, I am a Punjabi

AI4MVP
12-22-2010, 07:58 PM
please get traded to the suns. for the love of god please

GodsSon
12-22-2010, 08:02 PM
The guy is like a little kid

BoognishMN
12-22-2010, 08:08 PM
KAAAAAAAAHNNNNNNNN!, thank you for passing on this loser.

Teeboy1487
12-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Demarcus does not belong in this league. I guess it serves the Kings right for drafting him. They knew he was a head case. They should have thought twice about drafting him. Talent is one thing but an immaturity is another.

NYtilIdie
12-22-2010, 08:15 PM
:laugh: he knows his history.

sacgiants1213
12-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Westphal should be fired. Period.

The Kings are going to break the Nets record so might as well give the kid his minutes.

Iron24th
12-22-2010, 08:16 PM
He seriously looks very stupid and says some stupid things too,he needs to grow.

yshNYK
12-22-2010, 08:17 PM
His play is very sluggish..idk why but he reminds me of an unsuccessful Big Baby Davis...much less talented

xbrackattackx
12-22-2010, 08:17 PM
This just made me like this dude even more....

Basketball is a game of trash talking...If you don't like it go watch baseball or something.

When players are jawing off trying to get in each others head, I think its smart play. I hate garnett more then life but he is so good at pissing people off.

chonbon
12-22-2010, 08:21 PM
all the talent in the world, but doesnt know how to keep himself outa trouble...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-22-2010, 08:29 PM
what a bum this guy is seriously, making choke signs, while he is choking big time right now shooting 40% from the field and being a turnover prone.

I thought this guy could be something special, guess I was wrong.

sacgiants1213
12-22-2010, 08:31 PM
what a bum this guy is seriously, making choke signs, while he is choking big time right now shooting 40% from the field and being a turnover prone.

I thought this guy could be something special, guess I was wrong.

You're judging someone 25 games into his professional career?

Hustla23
12-22-2010, 08:35 PM
What the ****. I'm already getting slaughtered in fantasy and now Westphal decides to bench him over this.

Hustla23
12-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Also lmao, that was hilarious.

sep11ie
12-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Guys, hes a rookie in the NBA, not a US Ambassador. I remember when people like trash talk in basketball.

Sactown
12-22-2010, 08:42 PM
LOL at all the Lakers fans.. didn't someone recently get ejected for saying **** you to an official? oh yeah someone did.. I also heard he likes him some white meat..

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-22-2010, 08:44 PM

he has been a headcase all of his college career also, I thought he would get a little more mature when coming to NBA.....uhh but no.

This is NBA not a kindergarten

arkanian215
12-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Damnit DMC. So much for starting you this week.

Sactown
12-22-2010, 08:50 PM
he has been a headcase all of his college career also, I thought he would get a little more mature when coming to NBA.....uhh but no.

This is NBA not a kindergarten

Ron Artest.. nough said

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Ron Artest.. nough said

yeah

but 11 years in the league and now he's finally calmed down and being mature;)

CityofTreez
12-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Stupid Fine!

Our team sucks, he deserved doing it!

Cousins was finally being consistent on the court and showing a better Cousins. The NBA is so damn dumb these days (Commissioner, FO, coaches, players) and this could be avoided, but i guess not.

I love the Boogie hate too!!!!!!:clap:

210Don
12-22-2010, 08:56 PM
i dont think hes all there.

GSRaider
12-22-2010, 08:56 PM
I wouldn't mind this at all if the Kings won... But they lost ( blew a 16 point lead in the 4th ) his team choked and he looked stupid...

Sactown
12-22-2010, 08:59 PM
yeah

but 11 years in the league and now he's finally calmed down and being mature;)

My point exactly.. he was never really disciplined until after the incident so the kings are disciplining Cousins now to turn him around sooner then Artest..

Teeboy1487
12-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Yup because rape is sooo mature..

Look at my sig and look at Demarcus ;).

BenderRodriguez
12-22-2010, 09:09 PM
I remember out of College he scared off a lot of teams because of his immature attitude. He has the talent to be great. I think he will learn and grow up a bit. This incident wasn't that bad just a bit childish.

Sactown
12-22-2010, 09:15 PM

Pot meet Kettle... :facepalm: dumbass
And the difference between DMC and Kobe is DMC and Stern aren't buddies ;)

Teeboy1487
12-22-2010, 09:19 PM

No, it's more like apple (Kobe) meet orange (Demarcus).

Sactown
12-22-2010, 09:20 PM
No, it's more like apple (Kobe) meet orange (Demarcus).

Yup such a logical argument to compare careers between someone who's just starting theirs and someone who's about to end theirs...

Teeboy1487
12-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Yup such a logical argument to compare careers between someone who's just starting theirs and someone who's about to end theirs...

Yet, you're the one who brought Kobe into this thread because I'm a lakers fan :laugh2:.

Sactown
12-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Yet, you're the one who brought Kobe into this thread because I'm a lakers fan :laugh2:.

I wasn't comparing their careers, but how Kobe is immature just like DMC.. so when Lakers are calling out DMC it's like the Pot and the Kettle..

Hustlenomics
12-22-2010, 09:33 PM

so if you win a championship it's ok to rape someone?? :confused:

GoferKing_
12-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Nowdays NBA consists of *******.. Where is the trash talk? Hard fouls? Screams and fighting head to head? Starn striped us of that. ;( NBA = less and less fun. Smile wrong and you fined, point a finger your fined, turn your back on a officail fined. Thats all ********!!!

DMC is real. ;]

Teeboy1487
12-22-2010, 09:41 PM
I wasn't comparing their careers, but how Kobe is immature just like DMC.. so when Lakers are calling out DMC it's like the Pot and the Kettle..

Until "DMC" accomplishes anything in this league and turns his attitude around, I have a right to call him out since he has been acting this way well before he entered the league. He was a head case in college and it has yet to change. The guy is talented no question, but his attitude is going to hold him back.

However, it's my pleasure to see him fail though considering how much I hate the Queens. Anyway, maybe he will get it together someday. When that day comes, I will give him credit for turning his attitude around and maturing.

jmtapia
12-22-2010, 09:41 PM
lol. PW and his stupid ego.

Loving all the DMC hate.

GoferKing_
12-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Who could be our next coach?

Hollywood Butt
12-22-2010, 09:49 PM
the best part is after his chocking face he chocked himself by letting the ball go right of his hands and out of bounds with 2 seconds left with the dubs down 3

im all good with trash talking but back it up or u look like a dumbass

GoferKing_
12-22-2010, 09:51 PM
The league is to soft for DMC ;]

Teeboy1487
12-22-2010, 09:57 PM

Get out rapist lover.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

This is why I rarely post in the nba forum. I don't condone rape in any form and Kobe's case was alleged. We all have no idea what went on in that room. I just applaud Kobe for turning his career around and the championships are a reflection of that imo. Is Kobe a registered sex offender? No. Has he been convicted criminally of rape and had jailtime. No. Nice way to get OT guys.

GoferKing_
12-22-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm truly sorry what I wrote. I apologize for that. Edited it and changed that post completly. To Teeboy1487.

Still, DMC Rocks Socks. ;]

CityofChaos
12-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Cousins has no right to be making any sort of gesture considering that he played terribly last night and his team sucks. Until he can prove that he can be more mature and respect his coaches and teammates he needs to STFU

Rivera
12-22-2010, 10:10 PM
aaahaha at DMC that was funny

can someone .gif it for me so i can use it for my sig??? ill give props

Sactown
12-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Until "DMC" accomplishes anything in this league and turns his attitude around, I have a right to call him out since he has been acting this way well before he entered the league. He was a head case in college and it has yet to change. The guy is talented no question, but his attitude is going to hold him back.

However, it's my pleasure to see him fail though considering how much I hate the Queens. Anyway, maybe he will get it together someday. When that day comes, I will give him credit for turning his attitude around and maturing.

How can you hate the Kings? I mean after all it is your team + David stern who screwed them out of a ring? I'll give credit where credit is due.. and Kobe gets credit, but he is still just as immature as the rest of them and is turning into a chucker as of late..

alex51
12-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Too bad him and the Kings are the one's who choked.

PrestigeWldWde
12-22-2010, 10:12 PM
This just made me like this dude even more....

Basketball is a game of trash talking...If you don't like it go watch baseball or something.

When players are jawing off trying to get in each others head, I think its smart play. I hate garnett more then life but he is so good at pissing people off.

Trash talking & backing it up---OK

Trash talking & not backing it up---You look like an idiot.

Demarcus Cousins is a shitbag...has always been a shitbag...and will forever be a shitbag. He thinks he's great, but he has yet to prove anything. He has no respect for the game or any other players.

Sactown
12-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Trash talking & backing it up---OK

Trash talking & not backing it up---You look like an idiot.

Demarcus Cousins is a shitbag...has always been a shitbag...and will forever be a shitbag. He thinks he's great, but he has yet to prove anything. He has no respect for the game or any other players.

since you can see the future can I barrow whatever it is you use so I can see what my future beholds?

PrestigeWldWde
12-22-2010, 10:57 PM
since you can see the future can I barrow whatever it is you use so I can see what my future beholds?

No, you can't BARROW what I use. I'll just give you a heads-up though...your future doesn't look too promising.

Sactown
12-22-2010, 11:04 PM
No, you can't BARROW what I use. I'll just give you a heads-up though...your future doesn't look too promising.

If I can't barrow it can I borrow it? ;) and **** a duck.. many say it few mean it.. and I mean it..

Daze9900
12-22-2010, 11:17 PM
You know what people said the same thing about Beasley. Let him do a choke sign. I don't want the NBA to turn into the no fun league like the NFL where you can't complain can't celebrate. As long as he's not taunting the other team to their face who the f* cares? If he's not smoking bud or getting in trouble with the law then who cares? Start him and let him develop. I'm more concerned with tyreke i like to escape the law evans quite frankly.

NYKNYGNYY
12-22-2010, 11:22 PM
hes still a youngin

Jenceman
12-22-2010, 11:26 PM
I don't get how a player can talk **** when he's playing terrible and his team is terrible. It's pretty hilarious to watch though.

Tha Truth
12-22-2010, 11:30 PM
I don't thik this is worth being fined and benched.

PrestigeWldWde
12-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Nothing like a hater :rolleyes: I'm glad you decided to use a logical argument there.

I was responding to your garbage. Where was your "logical" argument?:eyebrow:

Cousins has terrible character issues. As long as he keeps this up without producing, he will never amount to anything in the league and be pushed out as quick as he got in. He needs to grow up quickly.

caseboogi
12-22-2010, 11:51 PM
Man is the league getting soft by the minute or what???

John Walls Era
12-23-2010, 01:04 AM
Ironic since GS came back and Kings choked. But yeah I don't expect this guy to mature. People don't mature overnight. That being said, he can act less stupid.

Punishment was harsh, but w.e.

jmtapia
12-23-2010, 01:43 AM
funny how people jump on this 20 year old for being immature when in reality what 20 year old doenst have growing up to do. Please.

For anyone that has seen DMC lately its clear that this guy has tons of potential. By no means a finished product but the offense already runs through him at times. PG and C are the positions which take the longest to adjust too in the NBA.

DerekRE_3
12-23-2010, 01:48 AM
I don't get how a player can talk **** when he's playing terrible and his team is terrible. It's pretty hilarious to watch though.

If averaging 12 and 7.5 in 25 mpg as a 20 year old rookie Center is terrible...then ok. He's also stepped it up the last 5 games, averaging 15 and 10. The Kings are asking a lot of him, especially late in games. It's a huge leap for him. He's also commanded double teams since he stepped onto the floor. Terrible is just a bit of an overstatement. He's not even close to putting it together yet, but he will. He's 25 games into his career.

Gideon
12-23-2010, 02:06 AM
I was one of the biggest Demarcus Cousins fans and supporters from high school and coming out of college, but I saw the game last night and I was embarrassed for him for his behavior. That ish was ridiculous! And that wasn't the only thing he did that was stupid and immature. He is a mega talented kid who is extremely immature and think he should be benched until he learns and gets it. He chose to be an NBA player and there is a level of maturity that comes with that and he needs to figure it out.

Giraffes Rule
12-23-2010, 02:07 AM
I think the worst thing that could have happened on draft night for Cousins was to be drafted by a bad team that needed him. I don't think this is the best situation for him to learn professionalism and to mature. I hope he can, because he has potential. If he doesn't though, he's going to have a hard time finding teams willing to put up with him.

The_Mac22
12-23-2010, 02:15 AM
:pity:

Can't stand him, such a douche.

tredigs
12-23-2010, 02:27 AM

Dude, I know you're a Kings fan and all, but you'd be singing a WAY different tune if you had a rookie like Blake Griffin beasting all over the place on your team (all the while maintaining his poise). 25 games is quite a decent sample size, and it shows us two major aspects of DeMarcus Cousins:

1) He is an unpolished, out of shape player. The unpolished factor is somewhat to be expected (though 42% shooting from a PF/C is embarrassing no matter how young you are), but you'd think a top draft pick would've taken the initiative at this point to get himself game fit for his team. Which brings me to my next point -
2) He only seems to care about myself. He's already been kicked out of practice (for good reason, and the kid would probably be riding pine permanently if not shipped to another team by now if he were playing for a guy like Sloan) and consistently displays the maturity of an 8th grader.

All I know is that I couldn't have laughed any harder at the expense of an NBA player last night following the unprompted dick moved he threw at Reggie Williams following his missed FT, only to have him fumble the ball out of bounds and set the ball rolling for the comeback win over Sac.

Sweet, poetic justice. For Kings fans sake, hopefully the kid is finally humbled by the embarrassment of his own actions and can take some ****ing accountability and hit the gym. All "potential and talent" aside, I wouldn't be able to cheer for a player like that if he was on my team. I see zero redeeming qualities in the punk, and his struggles on the court only compound that.

danbuc0101
12-23-2010, 02:34 AM
The funniest part about this is the fact that his team ended up choking.........

Geargo Wallace
12-23-2010, 02:34 AM
Marv Albert bit me

DerekRE_3
12-23-2010, 02:36 AM
Dude, I know you're a Kings fan and all, but you'd be singing a WAY different tune if you had a rookie like Blake Griffin beasting all over the place on your team (all the while maintaining his poise). 25 games is quite a decent sample size, and it shows us two major aspects of DeMarcus Cousins:

1) He is an unpolished, out of shape player. The unpolished factor is somewhat to be expected (though 42% shooting from a PF/C is embarrassing no matter how young you are), but you'd think a top draft pick would've taken the initiative at this point to get himself game fit for his team. Which brings me to my next point -
2) He only seems to care about myself. He's already been kicked out of practice (for good reason, and the kid would probably be riding pine permanently if not shipped to another team by now if he were playing for a guy like Sloan) and consistently displays the maturity of an 8th grader.

All I know is that I couldn't have laughed any harder at the expense of an NBA player last night following the unprompted dick moved he threw at Reggie Williams following his missed FT, only to have him fumble the ball out of bounds and set the ball rolling for the comeback win over Sac.

Sweet, poetic justice. For Kings fans sake, hopefully the kid is finally humbled by the embarrassment of his own actions and can take some ****ing accountability and hit the gym. All "potential and talent" aside, I wouldn't be able to cheer for a player like that if he was on my team. I see zero redeeming qualities in the punk, and his struggles on the court only compound that.

I can't think of one player available at #5 I'd rather have than Cousins.

tredigs
12-23-2010, 02:45 AM
I can't think of one player available at #5 I'd rather have than Cousins.

On draft day, or in retrospect?

He's a self entitled, under performing cancer. You'd be better off with ANYone else at #5. Hell Landry Fields went in the 2nd round, and he's SO much better for a team than an overweight PF/C who can't pass, defend or finish.

Though in full disclosure, he might be the one player in the NBA who my hate for alters my rationality, so I could be going overboard.... but I don't think so.

DerekRE_3
12-23-2010, 02:48 AM
You're welcome to think that, but Cousins isn't the problem in Sacramento. Judging by the things you've said about Cousins, you really don't know his game at all or have seen him play much. So I really can't take anything you say about him seriously.

Giraffes Rule
12-23-2010, 02:52 AM
<snip>

For your first point, about being in shape. Dejuan Blair wasn't in fantastic shape his first year either. He's lost a lot of weight for this season, and he's in great shape now. I don't think that's a reflection on his dedication to the game, I think that's just a product of being around a professional staff for the first time. It'll probably take a while for him to get in NBA shape, especially with how young he is.

tredigs
12-23-2010, 02:55 AM
You're welcome to think that, but Cousins isn't the problem in Sacramento. Judging by the things you've said about Cousins, you really don't know his game at all or have seen him play much. So I really can't take anything you say about him seriously.

Fair enough, and you're right - I've only seen the Kings play ~5 times this season. Though I watched him quite a bit in college, but that's a whole 'nother ball game.

Care to tell me where you think I'm off though 'reke? He gets abused pretty easily on the defensive end every game I've seen (his lateral quickness is slow, and he rarely bothered to offer weakside help), and there's no denying that he's a sub-par playmaker (weak vision, average touch and turnover prone) in the post along with a pretty obvious struggle to finish against NBA bigs so far (.467ts% has to be in the bottom 3% of any big playing 20+ minutes).

He's been bad. Really, really bad. And that has very little to do with why I wouldn't like the guy on my team, and why Coach Westphal shouldn't be taking the heat here.

Htownballa1622
12-23-2010, 02:56 AM
For everyone saying he's 20 and needs time to mature.sorry...this guy is a jerk. That's just who he is.

I'm 20 and Idon't think id ever act like that if I were in the league.

Hopefully he grows up (matures) because if not he's just another waste of height

And the punishment is harsh but he may deserve it.
This is what happens whenathletes are pampered until they go pro and nobody ever checks them.
Hes an absolute moron.i watched him against the rockets the other night acting like a jerk...smh.

Hopefully he gets it together though because I'm tired of alot of this new generation nba (dougie lame ***** young players)

John Walls Era
12-23-2010, 03:04 AM
I like him. Was a fan when he was playing in Kentucky. Would much rather have him than Blatche. That being said, hes not classy at all and is a head case. To be honest, I would be a huge D-bag if I played in the NBA... just human nature.

Htownballa1622
12-23-2010, 03:08 AM
I like him. Was a fan when he was playing in Kentucky. Would much rather have him than Blatche. That being said, hes not classy at all and is a head case. To be honest, I would be a huge D-bag if I played in the NBA... just human nature.

Human nature? For who? kg or pierce?

Not everyone is a dbag in the league

DerekRE_3
12-23-2010, 03:18 AM
Fair enough, and you're right - I've only seen the Kings play ~5 times this season. Though I watched him quite a bit in college, but that's a whole 'nother ball game.

Care to tell me where you think I'm off though 'reke? He gets abused pretty easily on the defensive end every game I've seen (his lateral quickness is slow, and he rarely bothered to offer weakside help), and there's no denying that he's a sub-par playmaker (weak vision, average touch and turnover prone) in the post along with a pretty obvious struggle to finish against NBA bigs so far (.467ts% has to be in the bottom 3% of any big playing 20+ minutes).

He's been bad. Really, really bad. And that has very little to do with why I wouldn't like the guy on my team, and why Coach Westphal shouldn't be taking the heat here.

Well first off...Yes he's not shooting well. A lot of that has to do with shot selection, not his ability to finish. He takes difficult shots. He tries to use every move he has at once instead of simplifying things. He tries to do too much off the dribble and it gets him in trouble. A good amount of his turnovers come from picking up his foot before he puts the ball down when he goes to dribble or dribbling into the teeth of a defense. These things are very correctable.

As far as his passing goes. You underrated it big time. He actually has good vision and is a very adept passer. The problem is the Kings offense is so atrocious. The ball movement is lacking, the spacing is bad, and our team is terrible at shooting. Most times when Cousins gets the ball in the post he actually looks to pass, but usually there is no pass for him to make. The Kings are a terrible cutting team and most guys just look to isolate instead of playing together.

Ime Udoka (who was a King last season) said it best about the Kings offense:

New/old Spurs swingman Ime Udoka says it isn’t difficult to erase the remnants of the Sacramento Kings’ system.

“It’s not hard to forget that,” said Udoka, 33, who spent last season with the Kings after two with the Spurs. “It was a lot of standing around.”

As far as his defense goes, he's just trying to stay out of foul trouble at this point, which is something a ton of rookie big men struggle with. There is a monumental difference between playing defense in college and the NBA. Besides the difference in skill, size, and athleticism, the way refs call the game is completely different.

Has DeMarcus Cousins played to his potential this year? No. Does he have all the tools necessary to be a franchise big man? Absolutely. He's started to improve the past 5 games or so, you just happened to watch one of his bad games last night. Also, look at his usage percentage. It's the highest on the team. The Kings constantly go to him in clutch situations and try to run the offense through him. He probably isn't ready for that. How many 20 year old Centers are?

Like most people that don't like Cousins or are just ignorant, you are completely overreacting. But hey, that's your prerogative to assume you know everything about a guy you've never met and probably don't follow that closely. If you want to write off a 20 year old after 25 games into his career, go for it.

tredigs
12-23-2010, 03:33 AM
Well first off...Yes he's not shooting well. A lot of that has to do with shot selection, not his ability to finish. He takes difficult shots. He tries to use every move he has at once instead of simplifying things. He tries to do too much off the dribble and it gets him in trouble. A good amount of his turnovers come from picking up his foot before he puts the ball down when he goes to dribble.

As far as his passing goes. You underrated it big time. He actually has good vision and is a very adept passer. The problem is the Kings offense is so atrocious. The ball movement is lacking, the spacing is bad, and our team is terrible at shooting. Most times when Cousins gets the ball in the post he actually looks to pass, but usually there is no pass for him to make. The Kings are a terrible cutting team and most guys just look to isolate instead of playing together.

Ime Udoka (who was a King last season) said it best about the Kings offense:

As far as his defense goes, he's just trying to stay out of foul trouble at this point, which is something a ton of rookie big men struggle with. There is a monumental difference between playing defense in college and the NBA. Besides the difference in skill, size, and athleticism, the way refs call the game is completely different.

Has DeMarcus Cousins played to his potential this year? No. Does he have all the tools necessary to be a franchise big man? Absolutely. He's started to improve the past 5 games or so, you just happened to watch one of his bad games last night. Also, look at his usage percentage. It's the highest on the team. The Kings constantly go to him in clutch situations and try to run the offense through him. He probably isn't ready for that. How many 20 year old Centers are?

Like most people that don't like Cousins or are just ignorant, you are completely overreacting. But hey, that's your prerogative to assume you know everything about a guy you've never met and probably don't follow that closely. If you want to write off a 20 year old after 25 games into his career, go for it.

Good reasoning - though objectively, a lot of that is coming off as excuses for a guy that has done little to impress even his own teammates/coaching staff. For a guy who many touted to be a sleeper ROY candidate and possibly the best player in this class, it's just a bad story.

And like I've mentioned a few times already, it's not his struggles on the court that disappoint me in the guy, it's his attitude. Why is this kid, who's been so underwhelming on the court, playing for a terribly performing team, throwing the choke at another player/team? It's because he's an idiot, dude. I see very little work ethic, dedication and improvement coming from a player that stupid, and that's what it boils down to.

I like you as a poster though and I know he's your boy, so I'll leave it at that. GL with him.

JB0B0
12-23-2010, 03:45 AM
He needs to be on a winning team with veterans in order to keep him in check.

JiffyMix88
12-23-2010, 03:52 AM
Hilarious!

DitchDat
12-23-2010, 04:00 AM
he is the next Tyrus Thomas

The_Mac22
12-23-2010, 04:09 AM
He needs to be on a winning team with veterans in order to keep him in check.

He has none of that being on the Kings.

jmtapia
12-23-2010, 05:18 AM
^^thanks for enlightening all NBA fans.

JayW_1023
12-23-2010, 05:20 AM
Dampier Jr. needs his pacifier again, huh...

210Don
12-23-2010, 05:21 AM
^^thanks for enlightening all NBA fans.
lmao:laugh2:

rabzouz 96
12-23-2010, 06:34 AM
i dont get whats so bad about it?

JayW_1023
12-23-2010, 06:42 AM
i dont get whats so bad about it?

"How Latrell Sprewell changed the NBA."

ClipperfanKevin
12-23-2010, 06:44 AM
I don't see what's so bad about this. The league would be so much more fun if they allowed players personalitiesto come out. He missed a ft in the clutch, that is choking. If the shooter was half of a man, he would have been the one to make Cousins pay for the taunt by putting his team on his back and winning the game.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2010, 09:03 AM

+ his win shares per 48 minutes is only 0.005

SteBO
12-23-2010, 10:45 AM
The kid needs a big wake-up call

Unruly Fan
12-23-2010, 11:08 AM
:laugh2:

Lol @ fined and benched. I wont be surprised if they get him to write an apology to Reggie Williams for hurting his feelings too. Sooooffffft

BALLER71
12-23-2010, 11:15 AM
He's talented but a complete dumbass. The guy was the same way in college ; clearly hasn't grown up.

DerekRE_3
12-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Good reasoning - though objectively, a lot of that is coming off as excuses for a guy that has done little to impress even his own teammates/coaching staff. For a guy who many touted to be a sleeper ROY candidate and possibly the best player in this class, it's just a bad story.

And like I've mentioned a few times already, it's not his struggles on the court that disappoint me in the guy, it's his attitude. Why is this kid, who's been so underwhelming on the court, playing for a terribly performing team, throwing the choke at another player/team? It's because he's an idiot, dude. I see very little work ethic, dedication and improvement coming from a player that stupid, and that's what it boils down to.

I like you as a poster though and I know he's your boy, so I'll leave it at that. GL with him.

Funny you use that word. You have shown in your previous posts you are anything bit objective when it comes to DeMarcus Cousins. Most of your points are made through assumptions and from casually looking at statistics.

I am in now way objective either. I've been a fan of DeMarcus since the weeks leading up to the draft, but at least my biases are informed and come from observation. Starting with every summer league genhe has played and ending with every regular season game he has played. Sure advanced statistics are important when evaluating a player, but you still have to watch the guy play. You've seen him play a handful of games and have decided he's worthless. Forgive me if I don't take that seriously.

And as far as me "making excuses" formhis play so far....Saying his shot selection hasn't been good isn't an excuse. That's a fact, backed up by watching him play and looking at his field goal percentage. It's also easily correctable, which was my point.

The same thing goes for his turnovers. He needs to learn what he can and can't so at the professional level. Again, easily correctable as he gains more experience.

As far as his conditioning goes, he has actually improved in that area. After struggling with that and foul trouble for the first part of the season, he has averaged 30 mpg while keeping his fouls down and increasing his efficiency the past 6 or so games. He's still not where he needs to be, but he's improving.

But hey you just watched him the other night and he happened to have an inefficient night so you obviously know everything there is to know.

DaBUU
12-23-2010, 01:06 PM

agreed, its a like a D-Lineman in football that does a crazy dance when he gets a sack, although his team is down by 21 in the 4th. Cousins is a giant child, made me sick watching him do that. I can imagine a douchebag like that making a locker room cancerous.

tredigs
12-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Funny you use that word. You have shown in your previous posts you are anything bit objective when it comes to DeMarcus Cousins. Most of your points are made through assumptions and from casually looking at statistics.

I am in now way objective either. I've been a fan of DeMarcus since the weeks leading up to the draft, but at least my biases are informed and come from observation. Starting with every summer league genhe has played and ending with every regular season game he has played. Sure advanced statistics are important when evaluating a player, but you still have to watch the guy play. You've seen him play a handful of games and have decided he's worthless. Forgive me if I don't take that seriously.

And as far as me "making excuses" formhis play so far....Saying his shot selection hasn't been good isn't an excuse. That's a fact, backed up by watching him play and looking at his field goal percentage. It's also easily correctable, which was my point.

The same thing goes for his turnovers. He needs to learn what he can and can't so at the professional level. Again, easily correctable as he gains more experience.

As far as his conditioning goes, he has actually improved in that area. After struggling with that and foul trouble for the first part of the season, he has averaged 30 mpg while keeping his fouls down and increasing his efficiency the past 6 or so games. He's still not where he needs to be, but he's improving.

But hey you just watched him the other night and he happened to have an inefficient night so you obviously know everything there is to know.

Advanced stats? Like what, his terrible TS%? Forget about that "advanced stat".

You're still entirely failing to understand the underlying point, and the reason for all the controversy around the kid. HE IS A CANCER. He's been a cancer for as long as he's played, this is WELL documented. He was good enough to get by with his lack of effort and self entitlement through high school and college, but "welcome to the NBA, DeMarcus".

Trying to change the things you've done your entire life doesn't change overnight (these "poor shot selections" are the same shots I watched him take all of college, it was just that he was able to make it work at that level), and it takes a humbling along with a ton of work ethic to fully adapt to the NBA if you can't cut it as you are (guys like Blake Griffin came in NBA ready to begin with, which is why you don't see a problem with him). I don't see Cousins capable of making that adjustment on a consistent basis given his perennial history of poor work ethic, grade-school blowouts at practice (well known he can't handle criticism well), and, once again, flat out consistent stupidity with his decision making.

I didn't just randomly dislike Cousins coming into the NBA, I was fully intrigued by him and wanted to see what he was capable of under NBA coaching. Well, we're starting to see that come to fruition. You can discount is as "25 games in the NBA dude?!" all you want, but it's pretty g'damn telling of what you can expect going forward. Takes a lot to change who you are fundamentally as a person, and you're betting that he can do that. I'm not. The dude's a ticking time bomb, and it's blatant to everyone following the NBA outside of Sacramento.

rapsallday
12-23-2010, 01:42 PM
I love everything i read about this guy......this is what the Raptors need beside Bargani...this is a modern day young Artest n Garnett Rodman n Charles Oakley all mixed into 1 huge frame...in about 2 years time NO ONE WILL GO INTO his paint...kinda like Dwight Howards...

tredigs
12-23-2010, 01:46 PM
I love everything i read about this guy......this is what the Raptors need beside Bargani...this is a modern day young Artest n Garnett Rodman n Charles Oakley all mixed into 1 huge frame...in about 2 years time NO ONE WILL GO INTO his paint...kinda like Dwight Howards...

HAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHH... Personally I see more of this from his college days going forward: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvblnXCONLA

THE WALL
12-23-2010, 01:48 PM
And the difference between DMC and Kobe is DMC and Stern aren't buddies ;)

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

colinskik
12-23-2010, 03:00 PM
Honestly this is the last straw for me regarding this punk. I've watched at least five Kings games and everytime I'm disgusted that this kid doesn't really how lucky his is. Instead he acts like a two year old, literally having temper tantrums on the court. In this case at least the Warriors came back to give to the choking Kings. I hate this punk *** ***** kid.

el_primo_nano
12-24-2010, 12:54 PM
He needs to mature a bit, but really suspend him over that??? Lets not forget that Basketball IS A GAME!! This league needs to chill out and Stern needs to stop trying to be Roger Goodell